Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Seekers of the Grail (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

Join the ranks of an expedition on their quest to recover the history of their land and to recover the artifact which saved it in times of yore. A home made Play-by-Post Campaign.


151 to 200 of 1,339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The barman turns towards Endrian and gives him a look while handing him a glass of water. "Sure you don't want to even try a small taste of the good stuff? Feels a shame to be serving you something as simple as plain old water in a tavern such as this."


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Hearing Endrian's call for water, Koldir lands another splash of Create Water in his glass.

If it's getting fairly late, Koldir will go head to the barracks and go to sleep, as I'm assuming the campaign will begin in the (in game) morning. If it's not late, or if the campaign will be starting differently, he's going to stay at the bar, because you all are amusing.

EDIT: Damn, GM ninja'd... or else Endrian has two cups of water now :D


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian replies to the barkeep, "Sometimes the simple things are all one needs to enjoy oneself."

Seeing his glass fill again, he turns to see Burrin once again magicking his drink. He turns to the dwarf and bows his head.

He then turns back to Baster, "To a good moral standing!" he then skulls that glass and picks up the one served to him by the barkeep.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

skull|skəl|
verb [ trans. ]
hit (someone) on the head.

Endrian was probably using the NZ/Australian slang for drinking really quickly, but I like to imagine the Paladin just smashed Baster in the head with his glass while yelling about moral standing.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Whoops, didn't realise the other connotation there... I was going for the Australian slang for downing a drink in one go...


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

It wasn't said in a way that it really could have been construed as smacking Baster, but I still thought it was amusing.


I felt it was very good description and gives some character. Feel free to use some dialect-slangs. Makes for great dialogue.


Chapter I: Eye on the Borderlands
Wherein our adventurers traverse the lands to reach the wild Borderlands on their quest to uncover the remains of Avalone's past and perhaps the clues as to the location of the fabled Grail of Gods. A Pathfinder PbP Campaign for 1st to 2nd level adventurers.

As the evening continues well into the late hours with the applicants in various states, from drunk to passed out, merry to embittered, it is clear that the time for this merry party to end has come as no new applicants have entered the tavern for quite some time. Captain Pelemynn and his aide rise from their table and go over the sheets of parchment before them. Giving them a quick lookover and gazing about the packed tavern room, he sighs with exasperation. Raising his voice, the captain speaks to the packed crowd.

"Gentlemen" he begins.

A shout of "and ladies too" from the tavern room interrupts him. Smirking the captain continues.

"Gentlemen... and ladies... it is indeed getting late and the morning will be upon us swiftly. We leave early and I expect everyone who wants their share of the journey and of the glory to be well rested and ready to travel. We have precious time to get to the Borderlands and many others have already began searching. It is our duty to make sure it is the Seekers who retrieve the Grail. I'd rather die than let some common brigand rest his sight, let alone his hands upon it. Now, to any man who has not yet signed on and is planning on doing so, now is your chance. Tomorrow is too late. If you've already applied but were rejected for any number of reasons you are of course welcome to stay but tomorrow you shall not ride out with us. Now get some rest. That's an order."

With that, the captain gathers up his gear and sits down one last time for the few who had not signed up quite yet. The music slowly fades away, the lights slowly are being put out and the merrymaking comes to an end. The fun has been had, now it's visibly time to work.

Please describe what your characters do tonight. Do they join the other rabble in the barracks or rent a room of their own? (1 sp a night). Do they stay awake? Do they wander? Once everyone has posted we can continue.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir rents the finest room in the inn (even if it costs extra), as he wants to be sure of a good sound sleep tonight. He bids his new companions good night, and heads off to his room, excited for the opportunity the morning will bring.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon listened, and did as he was ordered. He left the others without a word to seek a room alone in a quiet corner of the inn. He took the bottle with him.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim gets his own room and offers Leylyn a room too.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Why waste good coin on somewhere to sleep? Still looking at Aldus, Jevon says, "We'll have to continue this another time Buggy." Jevon gets up and makes his way to the barracks to find an open bunk. He removes his helmet, boots and bracers, though he doesn't bother to take off his clothes or armor. He wads up his loaded sling in his right fist before laying down to sleep, his greataxe at his feet. Jevon Ryker in a royal barracks...hope I don't live to regret this."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

After hearing the captains speech, Ithriel pays for the second glass of wine and says' "I think I will take our dear captains advice and bed down for the night. Aman Me'a Nadeno' Llie." Then realizing that not all of them may speak Elven, "Blessed Light Be Upon You All." Bows and leaves the bar.

Rents a room for the night.


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20
Koldir Shadowhammer wrote:

He looks back at the wild-eyed man still watching the group (Aldus), and gestures to him.

"Hullo there, can any of us help ye, sir?"

Aldus looks in Koldir's direction and quickly shakes his head several times.

Jevon Ryker wrote:
...nearly shouts "MOLLUSK!"

Aldus jerks his head in Jevon's direction and nods vehemently with the slightest of smiles. He then returns his attention to the table in front of him, continuing to make everyone feel ill at ease.

Matt, Game Master wrote:
Please describe what your characters do tonight. Do they join the other rabble in the barracks or rent a room of their own? (1 sp a night). Do they stay awake? Do they wander? Once everyone has posted we can continue.

Aldus will room in the baracks but he'll sleep sitting with his head leaning against the wall and his eyes wide open.


Reminding all who are renting a room to remove 1 sp from their total monetary value. Such is the price for privacy. And Aldus, you're doing a great job of currently creeping out the common rabble in the barracks. Carry on.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"Maaan~ Leon, you suuure know how to liven up a party! You even got me feeling a teeny tiny itsy bitsy mopey now. Your going to be a tough one to crack... But don't worry! Your in good hands! By the end of this horrible adventure you'll be singing a tune of a differ-"

Aldus Cottontail wrote:
"BARNACLE!"

"What in the hay?!" Leylyn says as she peers over Leon at the strange wild eyed man. She hears Ithriel and Jevon both shout something strange too. ...Is this some sort of strange elven word game...? That looks fun, I wanna play! But before Leylyn has a chance to say anything...

Captain wrote:
"Gentlemen" he begins.

Without missing a beat, Leylyn shouts "and ladies too!"

Captain wrote:
Smirking the captain continues...

Leylyn looks Scandalized. "Lights out? Alreeeady..?" She looks around as everyone is putting orders in for rooms or heading off to the barracks. "Doesn't anyone want to stay up and drink for a while yet? Play cards? [smaller]Arm wrestle...[/i] Awww...what a waste of a good night..."[/i] Leylen signs, crestfallen.

Ithriel wrote:
"Aman Me'a Nadeno' Llie."

"Dos strade l'noe molandr' Ithriel... Leylyn mutters with a wave to Ithriel.

Elven:
Good night to you too, Ithriel...

When offered a room from Tim, Leylyn seems surprised, but perks up a bit. "Hahaha, Wow. That's awfully forward~♥. We've barely gotten to know each other... Hahaha, you haven't even told me your name! You really don't waste any time do you~♥" Leylyn says playfully as she looks Tim up and down. "...Hmm, maybe I should take you up on your offer..." Leylyn muses, as she tries to make up her mind.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Hmm... I thought Tim was offering to buy her a separate room for herself, as an act of kindness. Either I'm reading it wrong or Leylyn is totally making it up 'cause she wants him.


I say we let Leylyn do her stuff or who knows what'll happen to us. And thanks leylyn for getting the "and ladies too" part. Was meant to be anyone but I was thinking exactly of a certain bard when I wrote it.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4
Koldir Shadowhammer wrote:
Hmm... I thought Tim was offering to buy her a separate room for herself, as an act of kindness. Either I'm reading it wrong or Leylyn is totally making it up 'cause she wants him.

Leylyn is being a tease, you've read nothing wrong.

Matt, Game Master wrote:
I say we let Leylyn do her stuff or who knows what'll happen to us. And thanks leylyn for getting the "and ladies too" part. Was meant to be anyone but I was thinking exactly of a certain bard when I wrote it.

NP. I really wanted to play up the chaotic part of the character. If I go too far let me know, I can tone it down, or she can pass it off as a crude joke. This has been one of the funnest characters I've played! Leylyn is a party animal, and hates to see a party end prematurely. But in interest of keeping the game going, even if she and some of the others stay up and continue their shenanigans, I'd vote we handwave it and speed up to the next morning. No reason to drag the prelude out.

Glad I switched to the bard, my barbarian would have been totally boring.


So far I think Leylyn is fine. We've got a great synergy going and I doubt we'll have problems with the interaction. Just remember, some creatures don't like to be flirted with...


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]
Leylyn Rhydoc wrote:

Leylyn is being a tease, you've read nothing wrong.

Heheh, and more than half the party appears to be elf or human men... this could be almost as entertaining as the inevitable moment when Endrian happens to detect evil while Baster is in range :D


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

After captain's Pelemynn night closing speech, Baster pays the bartender to have a good single room for the night, before bidding good night to the ones gathered arounder the counter.

Before leaving the bar, he witnesses the dialogue between Leylyn Rhydoc and Tim Deamon.
Very forthright ! he thinks as he unobtrusively ogle the young woman from head to toe, quietly enjoying what he's seeing.

Then he goes to the inn's stable to make sure Skein, his war-horse, is comfortable for the night.

Reassured about his precious mount's well-being, he goes to his room. He locks the door behind him, unstraps and puts down his weapons and spurs, undresses entirely and slips into the bed.

He goes out of the bed as an afterthought to fetch his wicked scorpion whip, which he places at hand's reach near the bed. Then he's back under the sheets.

He snuffs the candle on the bed stool and soon falls asleep .


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]
Quote:
Heheh, and more than half the party appears to be elf or human men... this could be almost as entertaining as the inevitable moment when Endrian happens to detect evil while Baster is in range :D

(Said with a pained look of hurt innocence:) "Evil, moi ?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]
Baster of the Peacock wrote:

[...] undresses entirely and slips into the bed.

He goes out of the bed as an afterthought to fetch his wicked scorpion whip [...]

CARRYING SCORPION WHIPS WHILE NAKED IS A TERRIBLE IDEA.


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20
Koldir Shadowhammer wrote:
Baster of the Peacock wrote:

[...] undresses entirely and slips into the bed.

He goes out of the bed as an afterthought to fetch his wicked scorpion whip [...]
CARRYING SCORPION WHIPS WHILE NAKED IS A TERRIBLE IDEA.

Indeed


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|
Baster of the Peacock wrote:
Quote:
Heheh, and more than half the party appears to be elf or human men... this could be almost as entertaining as the inevitable moment when Endrian happens to detect evil while Baster is in range :D

(Said with a pained look of hurt innocence:) "Evil, moi ?"

Not an issue til level five

Endrian moves to the arranged quarters reserved for the seekers as the night draws to a close.


Unfortunately I will not be able to return to said computer until later this evening so I'll post the next part then now that everyone's given me their actions. In the meantime it would help me tremendously if everyone could indeed put their HP, AC, CMD, Saves and Init into their names like Endrian, Leon, Jevon and Leylyn. It will be of great help!


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Would you like the perception bonus up there too? Seems like it would be useful when you want to roll for us to see something.


Sure, but anyways I trust on your rolls when looking into spoiler boxes. Perception as well then.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Done


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster's sleep is fitful at first, troubled with images of an assembly of stern knights casting judgment on him.

But soon the face of a very familiar woman comes into focus, her rose-tinted lips silently moving with words of soothing: Know that you are loved. Even the cracked vessel shall be filled to the brim.

And Baster falls appeased into a deeper sleep devoid of images.

And done.


The night wears on and you all continue on in either your individual rooms or within the barracks, the moon shining dimly through the windows of the Legion's Mortar. Candles trail small hints of smoke and an owl hoots from beyond the tavern in the nearby woods.

For those sleeping in the Barracks (not in a room of your own)

Perception DC 15:
The sound of footsteps falls softly but firmly... you wake to see a few figures creeping out of the barracks room and downstairs into the tavern. Though the darkness hides their faces you can make out their general sizes: three hulkish men led by a single wiry man. Seconds later they disappear from sight. What do you do?


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

*Snore*


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Once they leave the barracks room Jevon will stand up, and grab his axe. Leaving his shoes off he creeps over to quietly wake Aldus. Then he will hold up three fingers, point to the sleeping seekers, and walk one hand over the other. He points at the stairs to the Tavern and holds his finger to his lips for silence, while mouthing the words "Back me up."

Without waiting for him to respond, Jevon creeps to edge of the stairwell and listens intently
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
If he hears nothing he will attempt to descend quietly.
Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
If he hears something he will listen and wait for Aldus.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6

Endrian continues to sleep.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Meanwhile, oblivious to all the shady events happening in the inn, Baster continues to sleep in his comfortable room.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Hears a faint, deep, rumbling snore coming from a room down the hall. Then shakes head and goes back to his dream trance.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Tim hasn't responded yet, but regardless of what happens, Leylyn will probably be sleeping in a room at the inn, so no perception check.


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Aldus continues to sleep but his eyes stare straight ahead.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7
Aldus Cottontail wrote:

[dice=Perception]1d20+2

Aldus continues to sleep but his eyes stare straight ahead.

Oi! I woke you up for a reason!


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

At first I thought Jevon had just waved your hand and mouthing stuff in front of his open eyes, which is amusing because he probably looked awake... but he actually did specify waking Aldus up before that part.


I will wait to see if Aldus replies but for now let's assume he was woken by Jevon who did indeed state that "waking up Aldus" was part of the plan. Creepy Cottontail. Huh, that sounds pretty catchy.


Twenty-four hours have passed so we shall continue. Tim is assumed to still be asleep while Aldus was woken up by Jevon.

The night continues tranquilly for everyone...

Perception DC 15 for EVERYONE still asleep:
The sounds of clattering from below rouses you from your slumber.

Jevon and Aldus:
The sounds of clittering and clattering ring from down below. The sound appears to be coming from the Tavern's kitchen and candlelight can be seen flickering from downstairs. Mumbled voices can also be heard though it is too quiet to understand exactly what is being said.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Sry didnt realize you needed a response from me since I was in my room.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

I see now, I thought I had posted a response here after Koldir's snore but it must have gotten lost(had posted from my phone) will double check from now on

edit; Apparently I was listening only for things in my room


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jevon begins to sneak down the stairs. He puts his axe on his back and readies his sling.
Stealth Check1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Failing to secure his axe properly, it slides down and strikes one of the steps with a loud clank. Figuring he's been heard if anyone is listening he doesn't bother trying to sneak anymore, but rather heads to the kitchen quickly to investigate.

Tim you posted in the discussion thread, not gameplay.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

That was after I got home, I had "tried" to post on gameplay just before I left work

Big noise, roll to hear it,
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

I didn't hear downstairs but I heard Jevon
Tim quietly gets up and cracks the door to see whats in the hallway.
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

I quietly follow Jevon, unless the hallway I'm in is different then his, in which case I go lay down for a few minutes listening before trying to sleep again.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

I see...hmm. I lost a post in another thread yesterday too. -shrug-


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

Endrian continues to sleep.

Awwww... He ain't wakin up.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Actually you heard Jevon


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Are you in the barracks? I wasn't sure, but I figured with our relationship so far I'd let you sleep till I knew what was going on. If anyone is breaking the law in a way I can't handle though the first thing I plan on doing is screaming ENDRIAN!

Edit: the above was @ Endrian. Ninja Tim :P

151 to 200 of 1,339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seekers of the Grail (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.