Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Seekers of the Grail (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

Join the ranks of an expedition on their quest to recover the history of their land and to recover the artifact which saved it in times of yore. A home made Play-by-Post Campaign.


101 to 150 of 1,339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Each player just recieved 25 gp as down payment. I've put the further rewards up on the first post in the recruitment missive. For anyone wishing to know the Legion's Mortar specifics more, here we go.

The Legion's Mortar
Tavern Ambience
The Legion's Mortar is a well sized tavern in the community of Ariellons. The tavern was a frequent place for soldiers and knights from across the country to stay at on their journey's and when the original building burned down, it was with the aid of these very soldiers that it was rebuilt, hence the new name of "The Legion's Mortar". The tavern itself is split into a large commune area, easily able to hold up to weel a hundred guests, with tables and a stand for dances and performers. A wide bar stands one the western wall, easily accomodating a dozen or so drinkers at a time. The second story is split into barracks and simple rooms, to accommodate guests and troops as they pass through the area. Well known for its variety of drinks and for its succulent wild boar, basted in fine ales, this tavern is definitely one of the many layovers in Arcavelon that is not to be missed.

Ithriel:
Yes you can see the bar from where you are


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Tired of waiting for a response, and hoping to avoid meeting another condescending noble for now, Jevon unlimbers his axe and leans it against the bar. Then sets his helmet on top. "You'll watch this for me, yea Burrin? With those bloody hawkish eyes of yours." Without waiting for a response he heads to the dance floor. If Leylen wants to dance she has feet to follow. Once he reaches an open space he breaks into a merry jig accompanied by an occasional whoop. He dances with whoever happens to come his way.
Perform (Dance): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Particularly on his groove this evening he doesn't miss a beat, his feet beating out impressive kicks and footwork propelling him often into the air, all the while laughing merrily.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Gets to the bar just as a human sets down his axe and helm and leaves. Then asks, "Barkeeper, may I perhaps request a glass of Elderberry wine? I would be most grateful."


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

To Tim

"Just because I am a woman doesn't mean I love shopping." Leylyn says. "Just make sure you come back okeys?"

To Endrian
"Hehehehehe. You're funny Endrian. Don't worry though." She says and throws an arm around Endrian, lifting her other hand towards the ceiling. "With me to guide you, your vocabulary will spring forth like a... springy forthy thing! I gotcha covered!"

Jevon
Leylyn shakes her head and shrugs. "I'm sorry, I'm hearing words... but none of them sounded like an apology. I'd love to dance, but you have to apologize to... and there he goes... Oh well! I'm sure everything will work out in the end. Did he reaaaaallllyyyy steal something from one of you?"

Back to Endrian again
"Don't worry Endrian, I'm sure he was just fooling around and is too stuborn to admit making a mistake. What's wrong? You look all depressed! You should drink your ale, it will make you feel better! This is a time to celebrate, not get all mopey-dopey!"

To Koldir
"So Mr. Dwarf ~♪ What is your story?"

To Ithriel
"I got that one!" Leylyn says to the barkeep when Ithriel orders his drink. "Hello, My name is Leylyn, nice ta'meet'cha!"

alright, off to work!


Ithriel
"A fine choice if I may say so myself. It's not many who appreciate fine wines over strong ales but I'm glad you think this way." He enters the back room and returns with a red glass bottle, a stylized parchment label decorating its exterior. "It might look costly but I assure you it's well worth the price." He fills your glass and returns to making sure the rest of the customers don't tear apart the tavern with their merrymaking.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"Is that the noble they were talking about earlier? How in the world did I overlook him? And that one? An... Elf? Couldn't be. This girl sure is talkative."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Slightly winces at the woman's grammar. Then turns, with a smile, and says, "It is a pleasure to meet you Leylyn. I am Ithriel Latairn from Loerith Weald. Am I correct in guessing that you are a Seeker as well?" Takes a sip of his wine.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster, after having collected his due, gives a curt nod and a tight smile to the amiable captain, as well as to his aide.

He leaves them and wanders around a little, as if agitated with an inner emotion. Then, having apparently made up his mind, he makes his way to the bar by cutting right through the boisterous crowd, stepping squarely on some feet and pushing away the occasional drunk none too gently.

A knight for our fair lady Gwenehart ! he fumes inwardly. Did the captain just recognized me and mocked me ?

He makes it to the counter and adresses the bartender right away.

"I have been told that you have good wine here." He puts a gold piece on the counter. "So give me your best. And try not to disappoint."

Without waiting for an answer, he turns around and, reclining on the counter with his elbows behind him, he sighs loudly.

I must calm myself. My enemies are far away, and this evening is but the beginning of a long journey.

He blinks, sighs again and seems to relax a little. He then looks around him as if becoming suddenly aware of the other clients gathered around the bar.

Well, what have we here ?

He begins to study them with frank curiosity, starting with the elf who was recruited alongside him.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster decides to speak to the Elf.

"I am Baster. Of the peacock. Pray tell: what is your name, fair one ?"


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

"I am Ithriel Latairn from Loerith Weald. Tell me good sir, are you truly a knight of Queen Gwenehart?" Takes another sip of wine.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir looks up at the blonde woman, surprised that she is speaking to him with all of the human men around.

Hrrm, my story?

I wouldn't tell that to you if you handed me the grail right now, love.

Not too much to tell, I'm afraid, just a humble dwarf here to seek my fortune. I'm from a long ways away, but this quest has brought all kinds o' folk here, as ye can well see. Ye can call me Burrin, who might you be?


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster looks startled. Then angry. He tenses as if he was about to launch himself at the Elf.

Then he catches himself and laughs loudly and bitterly.

"I am a knight of Nivmadas, aye, that is true. Therefore I am in service of our queen Gwenehart - like every knight in her kingdom."

He smirks: "But am I true to my queen ? Some would dispute that claim were I to make it."

More calmly: "My enemies convinced the queen that I acted against her will by taking as mine a fiefdom along the eastern border. A destitute fiefdom, unclaimed for many years, I might add."

Baster looks at the elf with an eyebrow raised and concludes in a neutral tone: "Have I satisfactorily answered your... inspired question, Ithriel Latairn from Loerith Weald ?"


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

And... I'm off to bed. That was a long day :-)


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Taking note of the tenseness that his question inflamed, Ithriel says, "My apologies Sir Baster, I meant no offense." Bow to Baster as he did at the recruitment table.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian stiffens up and blushes as the girl, now known to him as Leylyn, throws her arm around him.

"Ale isn't my drink of choice, fair lady" he barely manages. Feeling more than a little uncomfortable, he looks for somewhere to move without seeming too rude.

Noticing the two men further down the bar he moves closer to them "So are you both also Seekers now?" he asks.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

I don't like the looks of this Baster fella, not as aggravating as Jevon, but he seems much more dangerous, and that whip doesn't look any more friendly than him... There are an awful lot of interesting folk here... this could get non-fun quickly...

Sense Motive for everyone around him, especially Baster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

He finds his companions difficult to read...


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon was glad at his place at the end of the bar, mostly unnoticed by the more boisterous Seekers. Watching Endarian try to handle the impromptu affections of their newest cohort was surprisingly amusing and for a moment he chuckled into his glass.

Leylyn's exuberance for life seemed infectious but the joy passed quickly, replaced by a pained look which was washed away by another swallow of the spirits in his glass.

Catching sight of the Nobleman's wicked weapon, his brows narrowed.

What sort of a knight would carry such a weapon?

Beginning to feel the warmth of the alcohol in his veins Leon started to relax, losing his thoughts in the rolling noise of the bar.

He found himself staring at the Elf in wonder.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

to Koldir
"Tell me about dwarven society! I've always wanted to know more! Do you guys worship ancestors and stuff like that?"
to Ithriel
"That’s riiight! We're going to be the ones to find it, I can totally feel it! Isn't it exciting~<3"
to Endrian
"Don't like ale huh? I'm sure the barkeep's got plenty of other stuff. Scotch, Mead, Whisky, Wine. What’s your preference?" She says as she follows him, noticing Leon sulking in the corner.
to Leon
Heeey! What'cha doing over here being all gloomy all by yourself? I'm Leylyn what’s your nam-Gah!" Leylyn is cut short as she is knocked into by Baster's... enthusiastic journey to the bar.
to Baster
Leylyn turns to the newcomer."Hey there buddy, the bars not going anywhere, slowdown a bit. No reason to push and shove! Are you a seeker too? Ohhh, you’re a knight of the Queen! Wow, enemies spoiling your good name? Sounds like a play I saw once, except with a lot less singing. Oh, they're probably just jealous of you and trying to bring you down. It doesn't matter what others think, as long as you are faithful to yourself in your heart and do the best you can do, you have nothing to regret! So turn that frown upside down! "


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian turns around sheepishly, realising he had hoped in vain that he wouldn't be followed.

"I think for now I will stick to water, alcohol and I don't have the best history..." a smile of satisfaction comes across his face as he manages to say that in a calm and measured tone.

A second or two later, he realises that he is smiling and quickly tries to put on a graver expression. "It is very rude of me not to have introduced myself properly, Leylyn was it? I am Endrian. A paladin in the service of the Church of Eveldine. I am most pleased to make your acquaintance."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Listens to the exchange between Leylyn and Baster. My she is a talkative one isn't she? However, she seems to have such a zest for life, I can respect that. Raises his glass in her direction.

Notices the man with the Lion Tabard looking at him, "Can I help you good sir or have you not seen my kind before?


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir looks up at Leylyn but is saved from having to explain his ignorance of dwarven society by her lack of an attention span, as she turns off to socialize with the others.

Yeah, lots of ancestor worship where I'm from...

I wonder how long she'll last where we're going...


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon shakes his head in amusement at the girl's antics, and and takes a breath to answer her,

"My name is Le- lookout!", interrupting himself to try to warn her. He cringed at the brief collision.


In 20 hours and 1/2, at 8h00 PM my time, we begin! That's less than a day folks which means we will get everything started! Everyone's signed up, 25 gp richer and ready to rumble.

To define the plans for the next while, the Seekers are going to set out in the morning and travel to the ruined watchtower where the remains of the Avelone guards were found. That will become the Seeker's new headquarters for the time being. From there they will continue searching the immediate area of the Borderlands for any more traces of Avelone. Each member will be assigned positions and ranks as their abilities deem. Rewards are met out for work completed and any treasure of material wealth is divided as mentioned previously.

The final objective is indeed the uncovering of the Grail of Gods... and the finders will most definitely become known.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4
Koldir Shadowhammer wrote:
Koldir looks up at Leylyn but is saved from having to explain his ignorance of dwarven society by her lack of an attention span, as she turns off to socialize with the others.

Don't feel like I'm leaving the conversation because I start talking to someone else. I figure were all pretty much right next to each other and the conversations don't have to be happening all at the exact same time. But I'm cool with rolling with this so you can get out of talking about dwarves this time. :)

To Leon

Leylyn shakes her hand out a few times."Eeee, I'm fine, just surprised me is all. Hit my funny bone on the bar! Anyway, it's nice to meet'cha Lee! That's an exotic name! Where do you hail from and what brought you here to seek the grail?" Leylyn says, finishing with a playfully ominous voice.

To Endarian

Leylyn pouts. "Aww really? How are we all supposed to get to know each other thoroughly if we aren't taking advantage of the liquid courage! Sure you don't want something weak, you know, to grease the wheels? Maybe a weak wine, or something watered down. It might be a long time before we have the luxury of alcohol!"

Oooooooo~ A proper introduction! I am Leylyn Rhydoc. A Bard in the service of anyone and everyone worthy to be comrade at arms! I assure you, the pleasure is all mine, friend!" She says with a deep formal bow.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

"Believe me, life is plenty exciting without alcohol. As for courage, there is little in this world I fear." Endrian straightens up as he says the last few words.

"A bard you say Leylyn? And what would you call your specialty? Song, dance, an instrument per chance? As for pleasure, you are the one who provides it, I am sure the others will attest to the brighter mood that followed you through the door."


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim comes back, looks at Jevon, "Well I guess we have our dancer, with plenty to drink I'm sure the boys will love you Jevon!"

He then continues to the bar, "Hope I didn't miss the party, look at these wanted posters, I am not even sure which way is up, this guy is so ugly. Some wine please bartender."

K Nobility on Baster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Tim eyes Baster warily, suddenly serious,"What brings you out here, Sir Baster? Looking for glory instead of power now? That would be preferable anyway, power isn't meant to be horded like some kind of treasure." His tone is serious and wary but not condescending, he sounds unsure of whether or not to severely dislike Baster.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"How does she keep track of so many conversations at once?

"It's Leon, actually. I, uh, I guess I'm here because of duty. It's something that needs doing." he shrugged like he was a farmer talking about plowing a field and not the most important thing to happen to the world in ages.

A darker look flickers across his face for a moment and he takes another drink. "and I have no reasons not to."


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]
Leylyn Rhydoc wrote:
Don't feel like I'm leaving the conversation because I start talking to someone else. I figure were all pretty much right next to each other and the conversations don't have to be happening all at the exact same time. But I'm cool with rolling with this so you can get out of talking about dwarves this time. :)

Since Leylyn managed to collide with someone else, I figured she was sufficiently distracted for Koldir to not answer (he was looking for an excuse not too :P )

Koldir is still quite bemused by the bubbly bard, but he turns his attention elsewhere, looking for any more newcomers, especially any more dangerous ones.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

He notices a strange looking man with crazy eyes, staring at the group.

How on earth did I miss him? Apparently everyone else has too... I don't think he was one of the ones who signed up for the quest, though... could be further trouble, this just gets more and more exciting...


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Sir Baster! A true knight! I think we shall be able to maintain order within this motley crew working together...

"Sir Baster, my name is Endrian. It is an honour to serve with you Sir."


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

To Endrian
"Song, dance, an instrument per chance?~♪ Hey, that's pretty catchy Endrian! Hahaha, you're a poet and didn't know it! I might have to steal that..." she puts a finger to the center of her forehead and chants, "Commit it to memory... Commit it memory... There, I should remember it now! Anyway, I specialize in singing and the flute. My dancing lacks refinement, but I can get by good enough. It doesn't matter how well you dance anyway, but that you have fun while dancing. Like, look at Jevon over there he's... Oh, wow, that's actually pretty good! Huh, who'd a thought?! Anyway, what do you specialize in O' bringer of light ans justice~♪"

To Leon
"Yawn~ Yeah, its not like we're looking for the most sought after, most sung about, most dreamed of, most totally amazing artifact in all of history or anything. Totally mundane task we be doing here. Hope we finish before noon tomorrow, I need to get back home intime do the laundry and scrub the privy's..." Leylyn gives him a firm slap on the back, reminding him that she is pretty strong for a woman. "C'mon now, you cant fool me! What are you really hear for? Fame? Fortune? Both? I'm here for the Adventure of it all! Imagine being the one who actually finds the grail! What an awesomely amazing achievement that would be! We'd all totally go down in history, like... forever! They'll be singing about us to our greatgreatgreatgreatgreat grand children!"


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon's brows rose at the slap on his back. "No, I'm here for none of those things. The quest is not important. It's about the Grail itself, and what it represents."

Leon shrugged and sipped his drink again, the alcohol loosening his lips, letting him start to ramble a bit.

"They already sang to their great-grandchildren about the Grail. That's why we're all here. The problem is that a lot of people seem to have forgotten the point to all those stories. It's not about the adventure. Adventure is terrible things happening to people you don't know, far away from where you are. When you're in it, it's called tragedy. Hardship. War. Bad things happen. People get hurt. In the end, the results of the adventure, the things that change the world, those are worth having, but they always seem to come at a terrible cost."

Putting his empty glass down and facing her he finishes simply. "I guess I'm here so nobody else has to pay that price for me."

Enough people already have.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian turns to regard Jevon dancing. He is rather good, perhaps it was for the best I didn't find a partner.

"I like that, bringer of light, justice seems to weighty for that statement" he chuckles, "My specialty falls between my words and my hammer."

He turns to regard Leon "The cost of adventure is something I understand all to well. But the price is only a part of it, for there are many things to be gained, such as friends, companionship, honour and most importantly the feeling of having served the greater good. Bad things happen, we lose people. People don't just die when they go adventuring you know, sickness, life and accidents kill more people than adventure ever did."


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir, listening to the conversation around him, is surprised at Leon's eloquent explanation of his motives.

There's more to that man than meets the eye... That's a noble goal, if it's true. Seems more noble than the 'nobles' I've met, at any rate.

He looks back at the wild-eyed man still watching the group (Aldus), and gestures to him.

"Hullo there, can any of us help ye, sir?"


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"And sometimes people die because they happened to be in an adventure's way." Leon said somberly, pouring himself another drink. "But I hope you're right, Endarian, about the good and the bad."


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim looks at Leon, "Well what do you know, a man of wisdom, sounds almost noble of you. Guess you get to be my right hand man."


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20

Aldus slams the flat of his hand down on the table in front of him, loudly exclaiming "BARNACLE!". Relaxing back into his chair he continues sipping his beer as if nothing has happened.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

This Leon speaks a very real truth. But there's more to this than loss...

"Unfortunately for us both, I tend to be wrong more than I am right. But that doesn't mean we should fill ourselves with doubt before we begin. I mean, you have a Paladin of Saint Eveldine fighting alongside you. I will put my life on the line for any of yours," he motions around to all gathered, "my faith calls for me to."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Finishes his glass of wine while listening to the conversations. As soon as he puts his glass down, Ithriel nearly jumps out of his skin when the wild eyed man slams his hand on the bar and yells.

"Ailoki agar," he says startled.

For those who have Elven as a language:
Translation: Drake blood!

Barnacle?? What in uial hisie does that mean?


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jevon returns from the dance floor with sweat beaded on his brow, breathing a bit heavily. He plops back down next to Koldir and says, "Oi! Haven't moved like that since that time with those three..." At Aldus' exclamation he looks up sharply. "Barnacle!? What's wrong with that sod? Looks a bit buggy, ne?" And now there's a nutter. Icing on the cake, a bloody nutter. Wait, maybe he turns into a psychotic murdering machine if...hmm
Jevon stands back up and walks over to Aldus' table. He slams a fist down on the table and nearly shouts "MOLLUSK!", then sits down across from him to await a reaction.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

What's below is happening at different moments, hence the spoilers. Everyone present at the bar can read them.

At Ithriel Latairn:

Quote:
Taking note of the tenseness that his question inflamed, Ithriel says, "My apologies Sir Baster, I meant no offense." Bow to Baster as he did at the recruitment table.

"Apologies accepted." replies Baster.

He pauses a moment. Then he says:"And I likewise offer my apologies to you, Ithriel Latairn. I had no reason to be angry at you. It was just the shades of my enemies playing tricks on me, I reckon - making me hearing them through your innocent words."

"It's time for me to stop seeing hostile intent in every shadow.

At Leylyn:
Quote:
Leylyn turns to the newcomer. "Hey there buddy, the bar's not going anywhere, slowdown a bit. No reason to push and shove! Are you a seeker too? Ohhh, you’re a knight of the Queen! Wow, enemies spoiling your good name? Sounds like a play I saw once, except with a lot less singing. Oh, they're probably just jealous of you and trying to bring you down. It doesn't matter what others think, as long as you are faithful to yourself in your heart and do the best you can do, you have nothing to regret! So turn that frown upside down!"

Baster looks at the hyperactive woman and stays silent, at a loss for words, in a rare display of stupefaction.

Buddy ? A play ? He frowns. What frown ?

At Tim:
Quote:
Tim eyes Baster warily, suddenly serious. "What brings you out here, Sir Baster? Looking for glory instead of power now? That would be preferable anyway, power isn't meant to be horded like some kind of treasure." His tone is serious and wary but not condescending, he sounds unsure of whether or not to severely dislike Baster.

Baster considers carefully the man who just spoke.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 13
He makes a polite gesture.
"You have heard of me, I see."
He smiles coldly but not unpolitely.
"So it would seem a little glory has already come my way... or is it infamy ? I have trouble sometimes differentiating between the two. It all depends on who you ask, I guess."

"I joke, of course" he adds, without giving any sign of it "a good name is all important to men such as ours - nobles, I mean."

He gives Tim a stern but amiable look:"I am pleased to meet you, sir. And I look forward to having many meaningful conversations with you - about power, glory, honor, and all those things of utmost importance to men of our station. It's good to have a fellow noble at one's side during a quest such as the one we have embarked upon."

At Endrian:

Quote:

Sir Baster! A true knight! I think we shall be able to maintain order within this motley crew working together...

"Sir Baster, my name is Endrian. It is an honour to serve with you Sir."

Baster considers the man who just adressed him.

Knowledge (nobility)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
"That's kind of you to say, my good man. I don't believe we have been properly introduced. May I ask your name ?"


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

"Good Sir,I am Endrian, a Paladin in the service of the Chuch of Saint Eveldine. It is an honour to work with a true knight. I will gladly serve by your side."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Tries to keep from shuddering as the man known as Jevon speaks. Heavens above how can people understand that man! Then puts his face in one hand and shakes his head as Jevon does the same thing to the strangers table. What has my vision gotten me into?

"Barkeeper, another glass please." It's going to be a long trip.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir jumps a bit when the bug-eyed man shouts, and then again when Jevon responds in turn. He makes sure to pay attention to any conversation that passes between them, but turns back to the bar.

*Yawn* "Barman! Is there lodgin' available for those of us who'll be undertakin' this grand quest?"


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"Well met, Endrian."

Baster cocks his head slightly to one side.

"I have seen few men of... your calling. To take a vow of paladinhood demands an exceptional moral character. I'm looking forward to seeing you in action."

Baster catches the bottle on the counter that he paid for. He looks at the flagon and its waxed seal with all the competence of a man used to a life of luxuries.

"Ha: a Dokeray red ! This inn lives up to its reputation !"

He takes a dagger at his side and, having broken the wax seal, uncorks the bottle nonchalantly.
He takes a glass on the counter and pours in the red liquid. Then he take a careful sip. He rolls the wine around his tongue with a concentrated expression. He finally swallows it.

"And" he says with satisfaction "I am not disappointed."

Rassured that the wine is suitable for the occasion, he pours another glass to Endrian, and to anybody at the counter to whom he has been properly introduced.

He raises his glass in an impromptu toast.

"To our sacred quest and to moral character !" he proclaims with a hard to decipher grin.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Taking a sip of the Dokeray, Ithriel feels a siver up his spine. "A little sharp for my taste, but it does have an excellent bouquet." Takes another sip.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

"Dokeray may have the best reds, but Twilight Grove has the best whites and Champagnes, and they are both on Deamon land. Glad to see you enjoy my people's good work."

Tim takes a sip, and nods approvingly naming the yearthough I have no idea of the calander at the moment


Koldir:
The barman nods at your request. "Sure thing friend, the barrack rooms have all been rented by the Seekers. You're welcome to pay for your own room though, I'll not pass up a bit of business. Though the bar's certainly raking in tonight." He chuckles away, returning to preparing drinks.

I mentioned the current year in the first post: 1045, 10th of Highsun (which is the equivalent of August) Year 0 began on the day of Eveldine's beatification.

We officially begin in 3h and 20 minutes! Who's excited!?


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Great gracious goodness :-) !

At Matt, Game Master:
I live in Paris, GMT+1, so I will be soundly asleep when you begin. Do not hesitate to act in my (character's) stead if necessary to move the plot along.
I plan to reconnect in the morning (Paris time). I cross my fingers for the launch of this most exciting campaign :-) !


Baster:
Don't worry, I used to live in Swizterland so I know how annoying time zones are. I'm setting things up so that everyone gets their say on how they're going to act at least for the next part so it'll be a little slower until everyone's answered. And remember, it's been a rapid introduction but from now posting 1/day will be perfectly fine.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Another glass of alcohol, this one particularly expensive... Perhaps, it wouldn't be too bad... No, no... I remember the last time, it's just not worth it

Endrian seems conflicted over the glass sitting before him, he sheepishly turns to Baster and apologises "Good Sir, your offer is most generous, yet alcohol is something that I just cannot stomach. I will toast to our high moral character though" he turns to the barkeep, "A water for me barkeep!"

101 to 150 of 1,339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seekers of the Grail (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.