Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Seekers of the Grail (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

Join the ranks of an expedition on their quest to recover the history of their land and to recover the artifact which saved it in times of yore. A home made Play-by-Post Campaign.


1,301 to 1,339 of 1,339 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

The stone trapdoor is very old, and seems to have been cleared of rubble but not moved.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim moves to take a quick look through the rest of the tower on his way to the top (very careful like) when he reaches the top he uses the vantage to examine the area for signs of anybody anywhere near this place. (looking out is taking 20, starting in close and working outwards, he studies the layout of the area, looking for where people may be hiding or may have gone while taking note of features that be usefull to know later)

Meanwhile, Koyr more closely examines the bottem floor (taking 20 style)

Tim's glance through the middle of the tower: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"Does someone has a crowbar ?" Baster asks.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Miss Koyr looks at Baster, "Are you sure we should be opening that right now?"

Hopefully no one has a problem with me playing Koyr for a while :)


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"Yes. I am sure" Baster answers.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Whenever Baster actually opens opens the door, Koyr will step away and examine something else just in case Baster sets off a trap.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Why the heck didn't I buy a crow bar? I always buy a crowbar!

"I have not a crow bar, but I have a flute!" And without a pause she whips it out. "Give her another try, maybe my music will help you focus..."

Inspire Competence +2

Leylyn plays as Baster tries again. With lingering song, this gives Baster 3 tries with a +2 bonus.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon and Jevon make their way down to where the others are huddled around the trap door.

Opening his pack and fishing around for a moment, he pulls out a rolled toolkit and retrieves a well-used crowbar and hands it to Sir Baster.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster inserts the crowbar in the crack delineating the stone door, braces himself against the floor and strives to heave the trap open.

Strength check: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16

Strength check (in case another one is needed): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17


Tim Deamon wrote:

Miss Koyr looks at Baster, "Are you sure we should be opening that right now?"

Hopefully no one has a problem with me playing Koyr for a while :)

Tim:

Feel free to have tagging along with you. She seems to have taken a liking to you. However, I will be taking her back soon. She has a job to do.


Baster's strength succeeds in lifting the stone slab slightly off the floor, letting a blast of air shoot out, blowing hundred years old dust into the air.

Above, Tim spies a column of what could be the Seekers in the distance, perhaps a day away. However, it appears that someone is camping nearby as a small column of smoke rises to the east of the column.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"Grab it !" Baster pants as he keeps the stone slab off the floor.

Acting all together, the Seekers succeed in pushing the stone slab to the side of the floor's opening.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim comes down, "Hey, we have company. Gee, doesn't anyone here have patience? Any way it looks like they are in a postion to ambush, or possibly meet up with, the column. Can't tell whether they are friend or foe from here so we should check it out."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

"Did you see the column by chance?"


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Brushing his hands off and tucking the crowbar away into the outside straps of his pack, Leon looks in the direction Tim points.

"Hmm. Jevon and and I didn't see anything when we looked around a moment ago. If they were hidden, why reveal themselves now?"

Frowning, he nodded to himself.

"I don't like the feel of it. How long until the column reaches the position of the smoke? Maybe we can move up on their position unseen and get a look at them. If they are ambushers, we might be able to turn the tables on them."


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

"The column is about a day away, and Leon, they didn't exactly pull out some signs, I just had a height advantage. You probably just didn't go out far enough, which might be a good thing if they are enemies. Koyr what kind of illusion magic you got? I am thinking an illusory dragon might be a good thing to prepare, just in case. But let's make sure the camp isn't the excavators before we let it loose."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

"Remember Tim, if they are excavators, that doesn't mean they aren't the enemy." Ithriel pointed out.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

"Maybe, but if they were of the sort to be our enemy then they would likely have already robbed what they could from below instead of getting word out and waiting for government backing."


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"No use debatin' when we can go look. Lead the way Tim." Jevon says.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster looks at the hole in the floor.

"I guess we'll be able to go down there later."

Then he clasps his mail-clad hands like he means it.

"I agree with Jevon: let's go get them !"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon takes the time to replace the heavy stone over the trapdoor before following the others.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"OK, let roll out! What is the plan of action then? "


Just let me know how you approach either the column or the smoke coming from a possible camp. Stealth rolls should be made if used.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

We seem to be heading to the smoke.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

To the smoke, to do some recon!
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

If the column won't be here for a day, this might be better done at night.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

It won't be here in a day that doesn't mean it won't meet our campers for a day


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Perhaps the most logical thing would be to let the stealthiest of us go to do some recon, and report back. But miss Koyr should stay among us, and we should keep an eye on her.

Baster is not the stealthy type.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Most of us aren't


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jevon will hang back with the less stealthy types, waiting for their report.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Well I'm certainly not that stealthy. By the way, anyone seen Endrian?


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Perception, cause I forgot the first time: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Leylyn starts to follow Tim, and turns to the other more armored types as they stare silently at each other. "What are you all standing around for? I thought we were all going to check things out?" Leylyn shrugs and follows after Tim.

I had to really fight the urge of breaking the forth wall... Everyone was in character saying they were going to go, and then out of character said they weren't.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Leylyn moves as silently as a cat on the prowl, despite whacking into every low hanging branch as she follows Tim.

I think it might be just Leylyn and Tim on this one.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"In the meantime, let us find a suitable spot to establish the camp, until the other Seekers arrive tomorrow" Baster says to the rest of the company.

Baster and whoever chooses to will go around the tower in an ever expanding circle, searching for a suitable spot to make a camp (near a stream, protected from the weather, easily defensible - perhaps by making use of the remnants of a convenient stone wall, etc.).


Endrian has PMed me to let me know that unfortunately, obligations in real life has forced him to bow out of the game.

So far, Leylyn and Tim, with very fine Stealth rolls go off into the wilderness to scout the smoke coming from the camp.

As well, thank you very much for your patience. University takes up much more time than I had anticipated, and with midterms rolling up, I might find myself strapped for time. I really don't want to drop any of my current PbP games, so I may post less often but once time schedules clear up, I can be back to posting regularly again.

Leylyn and Tim, you both head towards the smoke, following its trail through light woodlands. Getting near, you slowly approach what appears to be a small encampment, roughshod stone palisades surrounding it. From within, you can hear the sounds of work, the clangs of metal to metal and what sounds like raucous merrymaking.

Dwarven:

"I bet you can't drink ALL of that in one shot Highhammer!"


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

As Tim and Leylyn head out, Ithriel stays with Baster, Leon and Jevon. Right after Baster makes the suggestion of finding a camping sight, the Elf has a realization. "Where's Endrian? Has anyone seen him?"


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"He didn't go down the hole did he?" Jevon asks, one eyebrow raised.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"D-Dwarves? Do you understand Dwarven? All I know are a few obscenities... Hmm, sounds like they are having fun and drinking. Worst case scenario, I can speak merrymaking... You think they know the common tongue? Lets get a closer look!" Leylyn whispers to Tim.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Leylyn tries to sneak closer to the encampment to get a better look.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim will cast detect magic (quietly), then, keeping his distance, he will circle around, taking his time to stay hidden and to see everything he can.

Take twenty if can, if not,

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

1,301 to 1,339 of 1,339 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seekers of the Grail (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.