Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Seekers of the Grail (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

Join the ranks of an expedition on their quest to recover the history of their land and to recover the artifact which saved it in times of yore. A home made Play-by-Post Campaign.


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,339 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Aldus Cottontail wrote:
As have mentioned before, I have a free cure light wounds per person per day. I could literally tag EVERYONE in this entire group without using a single spell slot. Why are we casting spells?

Which awesome witch ability is that?


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20
Matt, Game Master wrote:
Aldus Cottontail wrote:
As have mentioned before, I have a free cure light wounds per person per day. I could literally tag EVERYONE in this entire group without using a single spell slot. Why are we casting spells?
Which awesome witch ability is that?

Healing Hex


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"Amazing." Leon says with a grin, only wasting a moment on being impressed before his adaptive pragmatism took in the new situation.

Giving a few quick directions to the newly healed group, he pointed out where they had gear and supplies staged to leave.

Somberly he looked to Endrian and Ithriel. "I suppose all that's left to do before we leave is hold funeral services."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

"I have already given the fallen my peoples blessing." Turns to Endrian, "Is there any ceremony that you wish to perform my young friend?"


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Leylyn starts to play a requiem for the dead on her flute.

Perform (wind instruments) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster intones a somber humming chant to the dead, martial in tone, following the rythm of Leylyn's dirge.

In this song echo the shouts of the men and women warring in countless battles across the centuries, swords clanging against shields, arrows whistling paeans of death, horses screaming, like a hoary tapestry of sound woven from the final cries of woe and relief of the warriors, when at last they let go and departed the living shores and their sufferings for soothing realms of oblivion beyond the mortal ken.

In this song echoes the lamentation of the living, of the parents, friends and lovers who surrendered their beloved to earth's cold embrace.

It is a sad song. It is an enduring song. It is the hushed but persistent murmur of life giving its due - nothing more and nothing less - to Death.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian walks among the graves, reciting the funeral rites he knows so well "Eveldine grant unto our fallen brethren eternal rest. May they find themselves in your embrace. Welcome them into life eternal with peace and forgiveness, knowing that they lived their lives to honor you."

He then turns back to the group, "We may leave now."


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

I'm going to go ahead and jump over the preliminary stuff like getting water from the lake and figuring out who's carrying up what supplies. If it needs to be discussed we can do it in Discussion. Hope you don't mind GM. :)

Leon walked at the head of the column letting those more suited handle the scouting. He was quiet and tried to keep his eyes scanning the horizon, but he was feeling introspective.

If anyone had told me a year ago what my life would be today, I'd have laughed in their face. Hope gone. The farm gone. Traveling with elves and dwarves. Befriending bug-eyed madmenn who command things out of nightmares. Facing dragons. Falling out of the sky. This is madness. What am I doing here?

Blinking, he glanced back at Ithriel. How in the world did he figure out where we needed to go to get on track again? He's mostly blind. How'd he even figure out which way north was? I guess that's no more amazing than knitting flesh with a touch. I don't think I'll ever get used to this.

Sighing he laughed to himself. Just my luck I finally buy the horse of my dreams and then I'm separated from him the next day. And then I have to walk through the middle of nowhere with a hundred pounds on my back.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Sense Motive on Leon: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

I'll sense your motive! Oh wait, no I won't...

"Well this is turning out to be an interesting trip, wouldn't you say Leon?" Endrian says to Leon, as if trying to lighten the mood from the previous night and mornings happenings.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"That's an understated way of putting it." Leon says with a half-amused nod.

"Adventures seem a lot more exciting when you read them in books. From the inside they're basically just miserable."


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Yeah, can't remember the last time my arse was this sweaty. Who knew that fancy armor was so uncomfortable?" Jevon says pulling at his leather breeches trying to create some breathing room.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

"Why do think I wear these?" Tim calls from somewhere up ahead.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

"You know, it's something that I think I've just gotten used to..."


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"welp, that's what I'm here for. Morale support! Not sure if it is a good idea to so anything too noisy right now, but I can play some music, sing some songs, tell some jokes, or other things. And don't worry about the adventuring stuff. Once this is all done, I'll weave out all the boring real adventure stuff and replace it with the cool adventuring stuff. Although I might keep the part about Jevon's sweaty arse, you know, for comedy's sake!" Leylyn says, as happy and chipper as ever, despite all that has happened.


The route out of the valley is long. The rains gone, replaced by dazzling sunlight.

I need at least 3 Survival checks from any number of people.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Jevon attempts to blaze a trail, but after a few moments finds that his heart's just not in it. He wanders listlessly next to Leon. I wish Koldie was here.... He looks a bit glum compared to normal.


Jevon Ryker wrote:
Survival 1d20+5 Jevon attempts to blaze a trail, but after a few moments finds that his heart's just not in it. He wanders listlessly next to Leon. I wish Koldie was here.... He looks a bit glum compared to normal.

This made me really sad somehow... I wish Koldir was still here as well. He never answered his PM.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

I'm back online finally.

Ithriel carries what he can and stays close to Leon and the rest. After Leylyn's comment, he chimes in, "I look forward to hearing it when this is all over. By Eveldine's grace, I pray we are close enough to the caravan that it doesn't take too long."


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Survival to assist: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Should Endrian break 10, he will add 2 to the next survival check someone makes

Endrian begins looking at the sky,watching the movement of the sun and marking the route they are taking by scratching trees with an arrow tip, realising he may not be the best at following a trail but making sure he is doing his bit to help out.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster has chosen to be at the trail of the column for this journey.

Trusting those ahead to find their way through the wild landscape, he busies himself by looking regularly at the rear and to the left and right of the column, intent on spotting any potential enemies before they close on the Seekers.

He endures the heat of his scale mail armor baking under the sun's rays without complaining, although he has put his visored helmet away, tying him onto his sword belt, where it clangs lightly following the steady rythm of the walk.

Perception check to spot enemies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Survival check (just in case): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Apparently nobody has survival except me and I rolled a 1, yay! Lol.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Ithriel gets a sudden urge about which is the proper direction they should be going, and informs Leon.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon nods and changes course, not even bothering to ask the blind elf how he knew what direction anything was in, let alone the right one.


Thanks to both Tim and Ithriel, the groups makes fair pace through the forest, yet the end is still far.

One last survival check from someone


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Not long after informing Leon his intuit directions, Ithriel has another vision.

For those interested:
The Elf stood on a boulder, compass in his left hand, the right shielding his eyes from the desert sun. Once more his vision is cleared and he could see the horizon, but there was nothing much to see in the desolate landscape. Glancing down at the compass, Ithriel noticed the needle just spinning, making a whirling sound. Then the sun began to set rapidly in a spiral pattern, making four complete laps before dipping below the horizon. No moon or stars appeared in the night, but soon after, a mysterious glow approached from a distance. As it came closer, the Elf recognized it be a giant owl. The luminescent creature landed in front of him, folded its right wing in front of itself, and bowed. The whirling stopped. Ithriel looked at the compass and saw that north was to his left. After he orientated the device, the owl pointed north, then bounced it twice to the right, and ended up pointing in a west-north-west direction. The Elf nodded in gratitude, then awoke in the saddle.

"Leon, I believe we proceed in a west-north-west direction."

If Leon asks why:
Ithriel explains his vision.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon does not ask. He simply smiles and adjusts the heading of the column.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"So, Ithriel, how do you know where to go?" Leylyn asks curiously.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

"He follows the sound of my footsteps!" Tim jokes from up ahead, speaking a bit louder to be heard.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"He doesn't know ! He just makes it up as we go !" Baster shouts from the rear of the column with pretend sarcasm.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

The Elf turns to Leylyn and replies, "Elven intuition and the grace of Eveldine, my child. I was raised in a forest you know. If there is one thing most Elves know, it's how to survive in the wilderness for periods of time."


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4
Tim Deamon wrote:
"He follows the sound of my footsteps!" Tim jokes from up ahead, speaking a bit louder to be heard.

"Really?"

Baster of the Peacock wrote:
"He doesn't know ! He just makes it up as we go !" Baster shouts from the rear of the column with pretend sarcasm.

"Really, really?"

Ithriel Latairn wrote:
The Elf turns to Leylyn and replies, "Elven intuition and the grace of Eveldine, my child. I was raised in a forest you know. If there is one thing most Elves know, it's how to survive in the wilderness for periods of time."

"...Thats cool and all, But I think I'm going to pretend it is a mix of what Tim and Baster said. It's funnier that way!: ;P Leylyn teases Ithriel.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"I can't decide if those two have uncanny hearing or if her voice just doesn't care much about little things like distance..." Leon says quietly to Ithriel.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

The Elf smiles slightly. "I tend to believe the latter."


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"Aww, Leo~ Ithy~ I think that is the most diplomatic way anyone has every used to call me loud!" Leylyn laughs.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon can't help but laugh.


With Ithriel's survival tips, you manage to make it out of the valley, leaving mysterious dead bear carcasses behind.

Before you lie two choices.

Either you take the longer but safer road and join up on the route your other Seekers would take or you can try and take a shortcut through a few valleys to reach the final destination first.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

As the group stops walking, Baster trots along and up the length of the column, until he joins Leon, Ithriel and the others at the head of the procession.

He gazes at the landscape stretching before him and his companions.

"There" he says, pointing to a direction "is the route to join the other Seekers and the caravan. Am I right, Ithriel ?"

"And there" he points in another direction without waiting for an answer from the Elf "is the route to our final destination."

The Peacock knight begins walking on the path to the final destination.

"It looks like we will be the first ones to reach the site for the search of the Grail."

As he walks, he adjusts his sword at his belt, so that it doesn't entangle itself in his scorpion whip's coils.

"Most fitting" he simply says.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Ithriel looks at Baster and says, "While it may be true we would be the first ones there, I recommend we head back to the caravan." Sweeping his arm towards the group behind them, he continues, "The only supplies we have, are the ones we salvaged from the wreck. And, more importantly, given the array of enemies we have fought in the past days, it would be prudent to have a larger force backing us, in case there are anymore..... big surprises." The Elf's mind flashed back to his vision of the dragon. Turning to the rest of the group, he asks, "What say the rest of you?"


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Meh." is all Jevon manages. He paces listlessly while the others deliberate, kicking at clods of dirt and grass.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"Going back to the caravan makes the most sense, especially with all of the other soldiers here with us. Buuuuuut, getting to the final destination before the others would be totally bad ass and totally in our style. Choices, choices..."

How many stragglers do we have with us? If it is obvious that it is going to be too hard on them, I say we head back to the caravan, otherwise we blaze our own trail.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"I thought you were a daring girl, Leylin ! Does the thought of stretching your legs... you know, for a few miles... frighten you that much ?" Baster taunts the bard from ahead on the road, without turning to see if the other Seekers follow him.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"Puh!" Leylyn scoffs at Baster, pretending to do her nails rather than look at him. "Please. daring is my middle name. Leylyn Daring Rhydoc." Leylyn says following Baster's lead. "...And nothing frightens me, Sir Baster, least of all stretching my legs!"


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

"We should head for our destination first so we can scout it out maybe even ambush our enemies, or even set up fortifications for when the rest of the seekers arrive."

Tim jogs up past Baster and again becomes point.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

As Baster, Leylyn, and Tim go beyond the edge of Ithriel's sight, he turns to Leon and asks, "They're heading towards our destination aren't they?" The Elf sighs and shakes his head. As he turns to follow, he sees Endrian. A grim expression crosses his face briefly, then he continues on down the road.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

As Leylyn follows his lead, Baster can't help but grin - unobtrusively.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"Looks that way." Leon said with a shrug. "I guess it makes a certain amount of sense. We don't know exactly where the rest of the force is, but we do know where they are headed. Taking the other route might put us behind them if they've made good time. Not real reason not to take the route straight to where we were headed in the first place. It's not like this way is any more or less dangerous than that way, right?"


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Sounds good to me. Lets go get revenge on whoever's been messin' with us." Jevon says, moving to follow Baster.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"That's the spirit! Lets show the bad guys whose boss!"


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

"We must make haste to the Grail!" Endrian declares.

"For surely Eveldine has guided our course thus far. We must be bold friends, let us go to our destination!"

Endrian follows Baster, striding with rediscovered purpose.

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,339 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seekers of the Grail (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.