Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Seekers of the Grail (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

Join the ranks of an expedition on their quest to recover the history of their land and to recover the artifact which saved it in times of yore. A home made Play-by-Post Campaign.


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,339 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

For those interested in what Ithriel saw while unconscious:
Ithriel opened his eyes and found himself in a lush, green forest. The smell of a fresh spring rain assailed his nostrils, the pleasant song of birds filed his ears, the cool breeze brushed his skin, and the colossal trees stretched for miles. Then Ithriel realized......... his vision was unclouded and he could see like anyone else.

He ran and danced through the forest like he was a child again. Suddenly, he was in a clearing. Standing in the center were four crystals of enormous size, each a different color, green, red, blue and yellow. As he drew closer towards the crystals, Ithriel began to see figures within them.

Within the red one, he saw two Baster's fighting each other, one with his strange whip and the other with his sword. The one with the whip had small horns protruding from his forehead, while the other seemed to have a white glow about him.

Then he turned his gaze to the blue crystal, and saw Endrian kneeling before an alter, looking deep in prayer. A sudden movement from the yellow crystal caught his eye, it was Leylyn, dancing and singing in her usual way. Within a few moments she began to age rapidly, she turned and towards Endrian's crystal, screaming in silence. Endrian turned his head towards her, closed his eyes, and went back to praying. Then Leylyn was gone and all that was left was a lone headstone with no one there to mourn. Ithriel turned to the blue crystal and screamed, "Endrian! How could you abandon her like that! You love her!" Endrian said nothing.

Ithriel hung his head and began to shed tears. "Do not weep for them............ son." He snapped around so fast that he nearly fell over. Within the green crystal stood a tall warrior with a mighty spear. Ithriel's eyes went wide as he gazed upon a cloud of swirling colors instead of a face. "Why not weep for them, they are my friends" The voice continued, "They are human, and weak. They will fail you in the end" Ithriel stood defiantly, "No! They are my friends, I trust them with my life." The figure leaped out of the crystal, "Then die with them!" He thrust his spear forward, and ran Ithriel through the chest. All faded to black.

Ithriel opened his eyes to the sight of Baster and Endrian pulling him out of the wreckage. He reached forth and grabbed the young Paladin's arm and said, "Do not leave her, my young friend, she needs you more than either of you know."


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

As he pulls Ithriel's limp form out of the debris with Baster, the elf's eyes suddenly open and he clutches at Endrian's arm.

Ithriel wrote:
"Do not leave her, my young friend, she needs you more than either of you know."

Time seems to stop for Endrian Leylyn!

For a split second, it seems as though Endrian was going to let go of Ithriel.

Snapping back into the moment, he quickly helps the battered elf out of the wreckage.

He lays his hand on some of the elf's more severe wounds "Eveldine's grace be with you."

Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 3

All of Ithriel's wounds appear to close, but Endrian knows that there is more damage than what he was able to heal.

He then rushes off in the direction he heard Leylyn's voice coming from, calling out "Leylyn!? Leylyn are you ok!?"


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster looks straight into Ithriel's eyes, while Endrian is calling for Leylyn.

"You are a deep one, Ithriel Latairn. I can only hope that your wisdom does you good. Alas, in my experience, it is but rarely the case."

Then Baster smiles to the Elf as if to lessen the impact of his words, and he clasps his shoulder.

"I'm glad you're alive, my friend."

Having said that, the nobleman swiftly goes back to searching for survivors in the debris .

"Tim Deamon ! Aldus Cottontail ! Where are you ? Koldir !"


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4
Endrian wrote:
"Leylyn!? Leylyn are you ok!?"

"OK? You think something as minor as an airship crashing into a mountain during a freezing hurricane from thousands of miles high up in the sky is enough to do me in? Apparently we haven't met. Are you ok? You are the one with a knack of getting hurt." She says as she examines him over really quick. "You'll live. Lets find the others, 'Scary', 'Fuzzy' and Tim are still missing, not to mention the rest of the crew... MARCO!"


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)
Baster of the Peacock wrote:

Baster looks straight into Ithriel's eyes, while Endrian is calling for Leylyn.

"You are a deep one, Ithriel Latairn. I can only hope that your wisdom does you good. Alas, in my experience, it is but rarely the case."

Then Baster smiles to the Elf as if to lessen the impact of his words, and he clasps his shoulder.

"I'm glad you're alive, my friend."

Having said that, the nobleman swiftly goes back to searching for survivors in the debris .

"Tim Deamon ! Aldus Cottontail ! Where are you ? Koldir !"

As Baster begins to walk away, Ithriel stands up and says, "For a moment there, I didn't think I was. And as one friend to another, let me say, make peace with yourself. There is an inner turmoil within you, Baster, settle it, before it consumes you."

Ithriel turns back to the rubble from which he was pulled and attempts to dig out his staff.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon makes his way out of the half-crushed cabin looking awful. Blood covered his face, most of his chest and his left arm.

Scalp wound. Bleeding like crazy. Doesn't hurt much, but I probably look terrible. Who's Marco?

Looking around, he put his strong back to work lifting rubble and trying to clear debris of of anyone who might be trapped.

"Which cabin were they in?" Leon called out, trying to get a frame of reference for where the missing folks might be in all the wreckage.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Tim sees the ground approaching and he pulls the slip out of the knots and cuts the last with an arrow and just before touchdown he jumps and barely grabs onto the top of a tree his weight bending the top over until it snaps, but it did slow his fall enough the he grabbed a lower branch and swung around letting himself go sideways till he landed tumbling and promptly slammed right into the side of dirigible. "Owww. That didn't go quite as planned."

After a few moment of disorientation he started his way inside and headed for the shouts and yells."Everyone okay?"


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Sigh. "no one is saying POLO..." Leylyn grumbles.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Manages to pull his staff from the wreckage, then joins in the search for survivors. Still feeling somewhat injured, Ithriel places his free hand on his chest and says, "Harwa Fallanmellon."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

A dull white light washes over him as the bruises disappear and he is once again whole.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir had been in his cabin since before the storm struck, already airsick before the turbulence. He never left his cabin during the ensuing drama and eventual crash, holding on to his bunk as best he could and using the bed for cushioning when it became clear they were going down.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

He was flung out of the bunk and across the cabin when the dirigible crashed, but he remained conscious if rather bruised. He stumbles out of the cabin, relieved to be on a solid surface no matter the manner in which he got there. He saves his curing powers for any more seriously wounded he might find, and attempts to search for them.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"Koldir, you sturdy fellow, there you are at last ! Had you not survived this, you would have disappointed me greatly, you know !" Baster says to Koldir, clearly pleased to see the dwarf, as soon as he spots him walking amid the rubbles.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"All that leaves now is Scary... Oh, I'm sure he's fine. He will surely pop up at the most inappropriate time as usual." Leylyn tries to reassure the others as she continues the hunt for survivors.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Endrian does not leave Leylyn's side after finding her.

He glances over to Ithriel He knows something beyond what I can, I must be there for her

As he looks back to his side, he panics, Leylyn was gone!

Again Endrian!

He goes looking for her, knowing she can't of gone far.

Eventually he finds her talking with Tim, Baster and Koldir.

Leylyn wrote:
"All that leaves now is Scary... Oh, I'm sure he's fine. He will surely pop up at the most inappropriate time as usual."

He breathes a sigh of relief and moves over to the injured dwarf.

He raises his hand over Koldir's head, "May Eveldine's grace heal you, friend."

He then looks at each of his comrades "Any signs of the other crew members?"


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Jevon scrambles over and says "Oh there you are Koldie. I was lookin' fer ya." He nods to the others and says, "Hullo everyone. Quite a day, eh?"


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"We need to clear the debris. Might be people buried." Leon grunted, hauling broken timbers away from the core of the wreck.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Yeah, where's the rest of the crew? Hope they aint all dead!" Jevon starts to help Leon move the timbers. He periodically calls out to any survivors that might be trapped.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"Strangely enough, this reminds me of when I was a child..." Leylyn muses as she helps move things or scrunches under objects too big to move. "...Ya'know, minus looking for survivors and wounded."


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon nods grimly. "I know the feeling."

Damn I want a drink.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Ithriel enters the wreckage with the others. He reaches into one of his pouches and pulls out a small vial with a firefly in it. Holding it in one hand, and raising his staff above his head, the Elf says, "Kalywandil.". The staff begins to glow as bright as a torch. Ithriel proceeds to stick with Baster in the search, allowing the light to brighten the darker recesses of the wreck.


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20
Matt, Game Master wrote:

Everyone make a Reflex or Fortitude Save

A roll of 15 or lower results in being in the wrong place at the wrong time or not avoiding the debris, resulting in 1d10+5 damage.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

ouch.

Debris shifts and a hand reaches up weakly. Bird swoops around and lands on a plank from the Airship that wedged itself between two rocks. He begins picking at the hand and after a few moments Aldus bursts from the wreckage with an extremely alarmed expression. Looking around for a moment he relaxes, wincing as he touches his bruised ribs. Reaching for his belt pouch he finds that it is no longer there, staring down Aldus suddenly realizes that he is no longer wearing pants. Rolling his eyes he reaches down for some mud and rubs it on his bruised ribs.

Healing Hex 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

With some very loud popping and cracking his bones fit themselves back into place. He rocks his shoulders back and straightens his posture. Dipping down he coats his hand in some fresh earth and heads off to find other injured folk.

If anyone needs healing the pantless Aldus will wander around in his underbritches passing out heals with his healing hex. It's a free cure light wounds once per day per target, just roll the healing yourself.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Leon was so busy trying to find Aldus that he didn't even notice when the bug-eyed man wandered seemingly out of nowhere to rest a hand on his shoulder. A pulse of strange magic and all of a sudden Leon was feeling quite a bit better.

"Aldus, help us find... oh. Oh, wow. Thank you. Glad you're alright."


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20
Leon the Landless wrote:
"Aldus, help us find... oh. Oh, wow. Thank you. Glad you're alright."

Aldus smiles and continues on.


The valley surrounding you is silent.

Aside from the cries and moans of the wounded, and the silence of those who have passed on, no sound penetrates the air.

The wreckage of the dirigible lies strewn among a rocky outcrop at the base of the mountains surrounding the entire valley.

From your position, you can spot a forest continuing from your location all throughout the valley, with what appears to be a lake, or a large body of water at its center.

Rain still falls down from the skies above you, drenching the crew.

The helmsman climbs out of a pile of rubble, a few soldiers still following.

As for your suspects however, only Tiny appears to be missing, while you spot Keddemas lying face down in the dirt.

The day promises to be somber indeed.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim will help find any wounded, keeping an eye out for Koyr. Once he sees her, "Are you alright?"

Once everyone is out of the ship he will the others to help, "Hey, anyone who is up and moving help me with this."

He directs everyone to help him shift and secure the ship so it wont go anywhere, and preferably be somewhat level as well. Then move everyone back inside out of the rain. He will then help tend the wounded using Prestidigitation to clean out any injuries and such.

If nothing interesting happens during that, he will then go scout around looking for anyone who may have been thrown well away and keeps an eye out for those things he saw.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Ithriel tends to the wounded with his Heal skill until they are all gathered then raises his staff vertically and says, "Nawanwa!" He brings down the staff, one end striking the ground. A burst of brilliant white light issues forth, encompassing all within 30 ft. with healing energy.

Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Once everyone is gathered and accounted for, Jevon will kick one of the timbers angrily. "I knew it were that damn Tiny. Anyone who refuses to publicly expose themselves has to be evil. Well, what're we s'posed to do now? Are we the senior officers alive here? Guess we should make our way back to the caravan, yeah?"


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

"Silence! You are an idiot! Don't jump to stupid conclusions because someone went missing when we CRASHED into the side of a hill! He could be crushed under that very timber for all we know or we could have been pointed in the wrong direction from the beginning as a diversion from the real investigator, and how many others are missing?! Are they guilty too?! And try not to go revealing every little piece of information the should be kept quiet!

Besides, why should he publicly expose himself? When I am on the trail of a bounty I often do the exact same thing thing. He could be on the run from a loan shark or something. More then that, they suspected an inside informant but such information as was revealed could have been discovered with magic if the bandits had someone of sufficient skill working for them, which means there may not be an insider at all, which is another reason why we were to investigate, which doesn't include throwing accusations around because you're angry."

Tim stops and takes a deep breath. "Now try to use your head, or failing that discreetly pass on your ideas to someone who will."

Just in character, Tim is not happy with the turnout and Jevon just fueled the flames by "revealing" the big secret to everyone, adding one failure to another, though the mission might still be salvageable but it'll take him a moment to realize such.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

"Friends, the best way out of this situation isn't through anger. We must show some semblance of our station."

Endrian looks at Tim and says "Surely Tim, this isn't as bad as it could be. I mean, we live do we not? Other matters can wait until we have fully salvaged the craft for both survivors and supplies."


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"We were lucky. Very, very lucky."

Looking around to get his bearings, Leon points. "There's water that way. We can build shelter from the wreckage. We need to get a roof up and take stock of our supplies."

Wasting no time, Leon began dragging the planks and timbers out into the open, separating them into 'salvagable' and 'unsalvagable' piles.

"We need two scouts. One to take a look at that water source and find the best closest spot to set up camp. The other to take a look around and get the lay of the land."


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

"Lucky? Ha! There was no luck involved. Eveldine herself saved us from certain death. Luck could accomplish no such thing!"


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"You'd know better than I would. I'll have to take your word for it."


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Already took care of the "shelter", the hull is at least partially whole or there would be no one left at all.

Question is how many people are able to move around, injured, dead. And how much of the ship is intact? At least a third to a half should be by accounts of normal, but with a good pilot could be up to 2/3s or even 3/4s

"Endrian, you miss the point. It was not so much anger as a verbal slap to the face mixed with a little, hopefully, thought provoking material. Some people just don't pay any attention otherwise. I'm hoping that Jevon is one those types and not actually as completely stupid as he sounds. Well maybe some irritation helped me sound mean but it's not why I said anything."

Hearing Leon calling for scouts,
"No one is to go anywhere alone, this is no natural storm, and there may be enemies nearby. Leon, here is the best camp for now at least till everyone is back on their feet. Leave the timbers and help us get the main hull shored up, okay. We can use them to plug holes and set fortifications later. If anyone finds any pots or such, the rain is all the water we need right now."

When the ship is set as Tim leaves for his scouting around camp,
"You two, get the balloon canvas and use it cover the hull, then cover it with branches and leaves, to disguise it okay. Endrian, come with me, we will go find anyone thrown far."


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Have there been any checks at all to support the idea of enemies nearby or that there's anything substantial left of the hull? GM, can we get a more detailed description of our situation?

"We just fell out of the sky and you think that there will be enemies? Because they happened to know where we would crash? Don't you think that's a little paranoid?


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster looks at Tim as he finishes speaking. Then he turns to Leon.

"Leon, I will roam around to get a lay on the land, as you say."

"Do you care to join me, Jevon ? I trust your survival instincts."

Baster pauses and looks at the wreckage:

"Also, we need to bury our dead."

The noble selects a handful of soldiers and sets them on the task to give proper burial to their dead comrades.

He then turns to Jevon, awaiting his answer.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"Do you have a signal horn, Sir Baster? Just in case Tim turns out to be right?"


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"I happen to have one such horn, yes, good knight Leon."

Baster has a thin smile.

"In case Sir Deamon turns out to be right."


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon nods and goes back to hauling lumber. "Good luck. Hope you don't need it."

Just have to keep reminding myself that I'd just be in the way of the people who can actually help the injured and scout the area. I know what i'm good at and I trust them to know what they do best.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

"I can go with Jevon and Baster. I can use my Ghost sound spell to mimic a signal horn. It might not be as loud or as accurate as the real thing, but it could work. And I am an ace at getting out of trouble!"


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Gladly. Tim seems to have things well in hand here." Jevon says giving him an expressionless look. "We shouldn't split up too much though, leaves us all vulnerable. I'd say no smaller than groups of three would be a good idea."


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon nods, dropping another beam on the pile.

"Oof. So, Sir Baster, Jevon, and Leylyn. Ok. I don't think we have the manpower to cut another group of that size away from salvage and treatment teams to make another scouting group. Can you three handle looking along the waterline also?"


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

The storm caught us by surprise, Tim saw creatures in the storm, we were recently attacked by a dragon, and we are investigating a traitor believed to be giving information to some other group who possibly have their owns means of flight, yes I would say there is reason to believe the enemies are near or at least headed our way. The ship had a semi controlled landing enough that a successful save results in no damage taken, obviously we didn't hit ground that hard.

"That lake is far off still, why do you want to send them so far from camp Leon? Did you see something out there?"


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

"Yes. Water. We might be stuck here for at least a few days while we scavenge for supplies and get the wounded healed up enough to travel. Water's the most important thing on the list. We only have a few more hours of light left and I don't intend on staying the night in the wreckage. Anyone tracking us, or anyone that just happened to see the crash, they're going to come to this spot. We are in no condition to fight. It's better that we aren't here at all."


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Did anyone else see creatures in the storm and has Tim shared that information yet?

"...Koldor can create water at will if my memory serves correct. Still, I think finding the lake will give us a good source of food as well. We'll go check it out lickity-split and report back as soon as we can! You guys stay here and figure out if we should stay or if we should go."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

"Aye, Koldir can pull water from his holy bum. I agree with Tim this might be the most defensible spot to camp in the area, even if we were spotted. You guys figure out who's still alive and what supplies we have. Us three will go as far as we can and still get back before dark. Maybe we'll get lucky and find a cave we could hole up in or something. If we don't find anything, an airship shell is better than an open camp in the woods with wounded to care for."


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"Let us go !" Baster says, beginning the trek down the valley.

As the three Seekers make their way under the trees, the nobleman speaks to Jevon.

"You showed a remarkable restraint during Tim's earlier outburst, Jevon. That's very commendable."

"I doubt Tim Deamon has much experience commanding soldiers, and it shows."

"Come to think of it, Leon can't have much more experience than Tim in the way of command. But he's a natural leader. I can tell."

Baster looks thoughtful.

"Considering our present dire situation, it's probably for the best if Leon's leadership is not challenged."

Baster has something of a wolfish grin.

"Probably."


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Seen the wounded stabilized, some seem to even be fully recovered, Ithriel arrives at the group just as Leylyn volunteers to scout with Jevon and Baster. His vision still fresh in his memory, the Elf shakes his head, Now is not the time. He listens to the argument between Tim and Leon before chiming in.

"Given our current situation, I believe it would be better to wait out this storm before moving on. That would give us time to consolidate as many resources as possible. Besides many of our wounded are still in shock over the what has happened."


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

As Jevon, Baster and Leylyn are walking in the woods, Jevon replies "Well, might be he was right. Maybe he's just a d*ck. Either way I figure aint no use to argue with someone that's angry like that. Especially not when you work with them." Jevon is quiet for a minute or two of walking, "So what do you two think is going on for real here? I gotta admit, I'm a bit outside my usual element with all this madness."


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"Frankly, I have a hard time believing our unknown enemy had anything to do with the storm."

Baster sighs.

"But perhaps it is that I don't want to believe it. The mere possibility is... frightening."

"Tim Deamon seems sure the storm was unnatural. I admit that I know next to nothing in eldritch matters, unlike him.
But I understand he sometimes work as a bounty hunter - a most unusual occupation for one of his rank - and that's the kind of... occupation which tends to make someone a little paranoid about cloaked enemies."

"And our enemy remains largely hidden, for now."


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster pauses an instant amid the bushes of the forest's undergrowth.

"What can we guess about our enemy ?" he asks rethorically his two companions.

"It is well-informed, well organised and coordinated.
And it probably has a true military capacity: you don't field a troop like the one we had to face a few days ago if you can't afford to lose it."

"To surmise, I wouldn't be surprised if our enemy had an army at its disposal. Small army or large army, I can't tell for now."

Amidst his stratégic exposé, Baster looks at Leylin, and he smiles to her for no apparent reason.

Endrian is a lucky bastard for having bedded you. Still, I think I made the right decision by not trying to do it too myself. Romantic complications in times of war are ho so tricky !


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

"Leon, it's raining, we have wounded, true the enemy will check here first, but here is more defendable then an open camp and more sheltered for the wounded as well. The water isn't going anywhere, not that it matters since they already headed off, but we should still remain here until the wounded can move or until we find a better place like a cave or ruins, not to mention, as well informed as our enemy is they might be using scrying magic in which case hiding is pointless."

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,339 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seekers of the Grail (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.