Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Seekers of the Grail (Inactive)

Game Master Matt, Garnished Game Designer

Join the ranks of an expedition on their quest to recover the history of their land and to recover the artifact which saved it in times of yore. A home made Play-by-Post Campaign.


601 to 650 of 1,339 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Baster and Skein circle around the wagon which creeps on the battlefield, weaving a protective circle of hooves and flashing steel around it.

Ride Check to avoid trampling wounded Seekers prostrated on the field of battle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Baster shouts savagely while he fells an enemy soldier with a stroke - catching the man in the shoulder with his first strike, making him yelp out in anguished pain - and a reverse stroke - cutting the man's cry of horror short by sending his severed head to the ground in a spray of blood.

"And that's our first stop !" Leon growls then, mightily moving the wagon in the direction of the burning crashed dirigible.

"Leon !" shouts Baster, "I'll engage the beast !".

With a practiced flow of motions, the nobleman puts his peacock-headed sword back in its scabbard, grabs the lance secured on his mare's flank with his right hand, catches the quickdraw shield strapped on his back and secures it on his left arm.

Then, with one single kick of spurs, the warhorse and its rider dash forward towards the dirigible and its yet unseen assailant, speeding across the battlefield with deadly resolve.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

I think the beast is still in the air above us.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

I think so too, but a glory-seeking noble can still hope ^_^


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Hears the thunderous crash, What sort of creature could take down something that big?

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Just in case.

Turns back to the wounded in the wagon as Baster charges off. I hope you don't end up here or worse, my friend.


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20

From deep within the shadowy forests comes a shuddering impact and the straining of wood as one of the mighty timbers falls over. Movement appears on the edge of vision, an insectlike creature slithering along the ground like a centipede. It enters on the edge of the fray and seemingly picks up one of the assailants in it's mighty mandibles, pointing it's head toward the sky it swallows the man whole as his muted cries are quickly cut off. In full view the centipede stands over 30 feet high, looming over the battlefield.

It's head performs some jerking motions, with a gooey *splorgh* sound it's head peels back like a banana revealing a very large Aldus head staring bug-eyed at the battle. The giant Aldus-headed insect doubles over as it's face bulges, from it's mouth comes an outpouring of eggs covered in green goop. After a second the eggs begin hatching and little creatures begin pouring out, fully armored humanoids the size of small dogs also with Aldus heads begin pulling themselves from the eggs and assembling into a battle formation with the Aldus-a-pede sitting behind them.

Silent Image (DC 15 if interacted with)/Ghost Sound (DC 14 to disbelieve sound)


Aldus Cottontail wrote:

From deep within the shadowy forests comes a shuddering impact and the straining of wood as one of the mighty timbers falls over. Movement appears on the edge of vision, an insectlike creature slithering along the ground like a centipede. It enters on the edge of the fray and seemingly picks up one of the assailants in it's mighty mandibles, pointing it's head toward the sky it swallows the man whole as his muted cries are quickly cut off. In full view the centipede stands over 30 feet high, looming over the battlefield.

It's head performs some jerking motions, with a gooey *splorgh* sound it's head peels back like a banana revealing a very large Aldus head staring bug-eyed at the battle. The giant Aldus-headed insect doubles over as it's face bulges, from it's mouth comes an outpouring of eggs covered in green goop. After a second the eggs begin hatching and little creatures begin pouring out, fully armored humanoids the size of small dogs also with Aldus heads begin pulling themselves from the eggs and assembling into a battle formation with the Aldus-a-pede sitting behind them.

Silent Image (DC 15 if interacted with)/Ghost Sound (DC 14 to disbelieve sound)

And so Aldus trumps himself once again. Battle update will be posted tomorrow morning but by prepared to take on that "beast".


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Tim sees Aldus and to reassure his troops he yells, "Aldus you creepy freak, the battle is that way!"

Note: Doesn't matter whether it an illusion or not Tim would still say the same thing. I guess I should add that Tim doesn't bother to discern the truth of the it.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

"What in all that is holy..."

The display put on by the shaman brings Endrian to a halt momentarily as he watches the scene play out.

When he sees that it is the shamans head on the beast, his immediate thought is I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure its a friendly...

He motions to those following him to continue, shouting out "Ignore it! Whatever it is, it's on our side! Stand up and let's keep moving!"

He then continues to make his way to the snipers, taking advantage of the distraction to catch assailants unaware and dispatch them along the way.

He will stand at this point, losing the advantages and disadvantages of crouching.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Ithriel hears the various sounds and says, "Leon, what is it?

Continues with healing what troops he can.


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon looked around at the noise and was able to faintly make out the outline of the creature in the treeline. He broke out in a cold sweat for a moment until the firelight revealed Aldus' massive face.

"Um... The bug-eyed man. I think." gritting his teeth he gave teh wagon another shove.

"I hope."


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Will save for Silent image: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Will save for Ghost Sound: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

If Koldir can see the monstrosities, he doesn't believe them, but does appreciate what is clearly Aldus's handiwork.

Koldir looks around to see the reaction to the new beast. He readies an action to strike fear into the heart of any who tries to tell his comrades the beast is an illusion.

readying Cause Fear DC 15, -1 penalty on the Will save if the target is currently affected by Bane.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Will save for Silent Image: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Will save for Ghost Sound: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Good gods! Buggy's a bloody demon! No wonder he's such a freak. Jevon stops his slaughtering for an instant to look at the monstrosity thundering out of the words. Good thing he aint a foe! He thinks as he quickly turns back to his butchery of the snipers.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Self Buffs +2 to hit, +1 damage +1 vs fear
Buffs +1 competence bonus to attack and damage checks. +1 moral bonus to fear checks. For ALL ALLIES that can hear her!
Bardic Performance 7/8
Defenses +4 vs. Sonic, bardic performance, and language dependent effects
~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬

Leylyn stops singing, however, the song magically continues, as if she were...

The Orange and the Green

"Oh, it is the biggest mix-up that you have ever seen. ~♪
My father, he was Orange and me mother, she was green. ~♬

Baptized by Father Riley, I was rushed away by car, ~♪
To be made a little Orangeman, my father's shining star. ~♬
I was christened "David Anthony," but still, inspite of that, ~♪
To me father, I was William, while my mother called me Pat. ~♬

Inspire Courage +1 +1 competence bonus to attack and damage checks. +1 moral bonus to fear checks. For ALL ALLIES that can hear her!

Deciding to stick it out with Leon's group, Leylyn politely declines the shield. "Thanks Tim, but I don't do shields..."

She then pulls out her massive looking shortbow and starts letting the arrows fly!

Ranged: Mwk Composite Shortbow (str2) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 (1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 / x3) (40 arrows)

When Leylyn sees Aldus's silent image, she bursts out laughing, nearly in tears. "Hahaha... Buggy eyes, buggy eyes everywhere, Priceless!" Leylyn snorts.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Who said you were the pretty lass? You went romping after Endrian so Tim will make jealous(not that you would be), besides I added her as pure flavor. Of course I like the idea of taking the leadership feat so who knows what will happen with her.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Sorry, I did not realize that there were more females running about. Just strike the shield comment then.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Aldus? What has that strange one gone and done now? And what does Leylyn mean "buggy eyes everywhere?"

"Leylyn, can I barrow your rapier?"


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

"Sweet Eveldine !" Baster exclaims when he sees the centipede monstrosity emerging from the woods. "Is that the beast ?"

But then, as he watches with revulsion, the creature begins a Aldus freak show, putting on Aldus' face and regurgitating small Aldus-hatching eggs.

What nightmarish insanity is this ? I pray it is on our side !


The combination of the newly formed rescue wagon, the appearance of a horror straight out of a demented nightmare and the continued advance of the rest of the group, cuts down the enemy assailants and snipers.

The wounded are safely moved away from the general attack thanks to Leon's wagon.

Cries of victory resound from around the encampment as the enemy is finished off.

Then, as the mist slowly burns away as the sun finishes rises and reveals the beast that had been circling above.

A dragonesque figure lights the sky with fiery glow.

Between this dragon’s jet-black scales run glowing rivulets of lava, and veins aglow with heat shine in the membranes of its wings.

It gazes down from above and slowly makes a whirling descent.

You have 1 full round each to prepare or make attacks before it lands. I will then roll initiative.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

"Spread out! Archers and mages attack from range and cover, soldiers surround and destroy!"
Tim will charge a shocking grasp but holds it for now. Then he moves to cover till the beast lands.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Koldir, seeing the beast clearly for the first time, hurries back towards his comrades. "Is anyone injured? Does anyone need a dose o' healin'?" If one or two of his allies need aid he will substitute his Sleep spell for a Cure Light Wounds spell on the one who needs it most, if more than three allies have taken damage, he will channel positive energy to anyone within 30 ft. of him.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Sweet Mother of Gods ! thinks Baster as he gazes upon the descending dragon.

Then his hands ascertain themselves, as if of their own volition, on the shaft of his lance.

"Now is the time for life or death, victory or defeat" he hears himself saying in the fresh morning air mingled with the scents of fumes, blood and fear: the smell of the battleground.

If I rally Leon's group now and the Beast breathes its noxious venom on us, we may die together... better that one or the other survives to strike at the beast !

Baster presses with his legs on Skein's flanks, and the armored warhorse jumps over the dead bodies littering the ground, gallops with startling speed away from the Lion's wagon, and whirls suddenly around before coming to an abrupt stop, legs tremblind and nostrils foaming from the effort.

Baster of the Peacock grips firmly his shield, steadies himself on his saddle and lowers his lance, its glinting point aimed at the place of the dragon's landing.

Baster has positioned himself opposite Leon's group so as to have a straight path to Charge the dragon once it has landed.


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20

The large Aldus-headed centipede blinks and quickly disperses, Aldus himself walks out onto the field in it's place. Glancing over towards Baster Aldus digs into his pouch and pulls out a pinch of colored dust, he tosses it in his direction and nods thoughtfully. Holding out his arm Bird lands with a big flap of his wings, Bird cocks his head at Aldus and Aldus nods. Bird begins making a birdlike cackle, all screeches and squawks.

Fortune on Baster, Cackle

Abilities:
Active Abilities
Fortune (Baster) - Duration, 2 Rounds

Description
Cackle (Su) The witch can cackle madly as a move action. Any creature that is within 30 feet that is under the effects of an agony hex, charm hex, evil eye hex, fortune hex, or misfortune hex caused by the witch has the duration of that hex extended by 1 round.

Fortune (Su) The witch can grant a creature within 30 feet a bit of good luck for 1 round. The target can call upon this good luck once per round, allowing him to reroll any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, taking the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the first roll is made. At 8th level and 16th level, the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round. Once a creature has benefited from the fortune hex, it cannot benefit from it again for 24 hours.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

The sight of Aldus and his cackling bird elicits a weird strangled laugh from Baster as he feels a little whiff of the bug-eyed witch's madness sweeps upon him.

And with it, the crazy certainty of good fortune.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Hearing Tim's order, and a confused look on his face, Ithriel asks, Spread out? Destroy? Leon, Leylyn, what is going on? Have we not won?

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm darn near blind. lol.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

If the Beast is within 60ft of Endrian:

Endrian calls upon the divine blessing of Saint Eveldine saying "Eveldine, aid me as I seek to determine this creatures nature!"

Move Action: Detect Evil

If it is evil, Endrian will call out to the Beast "Prepare for your Retribution by Eveldine's arm, Beast!"

Swift Action: Smite Evil

Evil or not, Endrian will then make his way to the beast, readying Sera.

Move Action: Move 20ft

If the Beast is outside of 60ft but within 80ft of Endrian:

Endrian moves towards the Beast, Sera in his grasp.

Move Action: Move 20ft towards the Beast

Endrian calls upon the divine blessing of Saint Eveldine saying "Eveldine, aid me as I seek to determine this creatures nature!"

Move Action: Detect Evil

If it is evil, Endrian will call out to the Beast "Prepare for your Retribution by Eveldine's arm, Beast!"

Swift Action: Smite Evil

If the Beast is beyond 80ft of Endrian:

Endrian moves quickly towards the Beast Sera at the ready.

Double Move Action: Move 40ft towards the Beast

Ability Descriptions:

Detect Evil (Sp): At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell. A paladin can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the paladin does not detect evil in any other object or individual within range.

Smite Evil (Su): Once per day, a paladin can call out to the powers of good to aid her in her struggle against evil. As a swift action, the paladin chooses one target within sight to smite. If this target is evil, the paladin adds her Charisma bonus (if any) to her attack rolls and adds her paladin level to all damage rolls made against the target of her smite. If the target of smite evil is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to 2 points of damage per level the paladin possesses. Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess.

In addition, while smite evil is in effect, the paladin gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite. If the paladin targets a creature that is not evil, the smite is wasted with no effect.

The smite evil effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the paladin rests and regains her uses of this ability. At 4th level, and at every three levels thereafter, the paladin may smite evil one additional time per day, as indicated on Table: Paladin, to a maximum of seven times per day at 19th level.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

***IMAGE***

How long has it been since I started raging? How big is the dragon? Was I effected by either the bless or the inspire courage? If so, are they still running?

Jevon will stow his axe, and retrieve Big Bertha. Moving near Baster and Aldus he will wait for the dragon to be within forty feet (when it either lands or does its strafing run) and take a shot. "Never thought I'd say this...but it's good to have yez at me side Baster." He says as the barrel of his musket traces the dragon's downward swoop towards the camp. "Good luck!"

Attack vs Touch AC 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage 1d12 ⇒ 10 +1 if I can wait to make the attack until he's within 30'


HP 22/25, AC 20, F +4, Ref +2, W +1, Init +1

Leon looks up takes a long slow breath.

"Dragon." he says softly, hardly able to move.

After a moment of paralysis, he shakes his head as if clearing it. "We need to draw it away from the wounded. Come with me."

Seeing Jevon fire his loud weapon he nods and starts moving. "That should get it's attention."

Drawing the staff with the banner still tied to it, Leon took the elf by the upper arm, he begins to pull him along, putting the staff into his hands. "You might need this."

To the soldiers near him he yells "Shield men tip the wagon! Get the wounded beneath it! Archers, spread out and fire. If you're within thirty feet of another man, you're too close. Move!"

Leon leads Ithriel near to Jevon and draws his sword.


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]
Quote:
"Never thought I'd say this...but it's good to have yez at me side Baster."

Baster nods once.

"Death makes it all clear" he says in a calm voice.

Quote:
"Good luck !"

"Good luck. May the Gods be with us all !"


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Ithriel turns pale when Leon says, "Dragon." While Leon leads him to the others, he thinks, how in Eveldine's name are we suppose to defeat a mighty creature such as this?

After getting his staff back, he says "Melon diollle. Uh..thank you."

If he can see all of them, and Bless has run out, Ithriel will cast another Bless.


To answer a few questions, as this was a non-timed encounter, we'll go with the following: your rage can continue 2 more rounds. Yes, you can wait for the dragon to wing down closer. The dragon is medium sized (still, it's a flaming dragon). Bless has run out so you recast it. As Leylyn was missing, I'll have her pass this round.

The dragon wings it's way down from above but Jevon's bullet rips into it. Obviously wounded by the attack, the dragon instead swerves down and breathes fire all over him.

Jevon's Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Breath Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Jevon manages to escape most of the burning breath but still takes 3 damage.

The dragon continues to wing over in the air, staying 60 ft. above your heads.

Damage Taken: 11

Initiative:

Baster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Ithriel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Leon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Jevon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Endrian: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Aldus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Koldir: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Leylyn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Tim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


male human cavalier 3 [hp 26/26] [AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)] [Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 ] [Init +2] [Perception +2 ] [CMD 18]

Round 1
Initiative 4

Damn ! Fortune dictates the flow of battle !

With a flick of the gauntlet, Baster locks his lance away in a hook on his saddle designed just for that, grabs his longbow, knocks an arrow and aims at the dragon gliding menacingly over the Seekers' head.

One move action to put the lance away. And one move action to draw the bow.


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Round 1
Initiative 21

"Leon, where is the thing?"

Whips out a miniature cloak and with a faintly glowing hand, touches Leon on the shoulder. "Tolkvarna." The glow spreads from Ithriel's hand to Leon's body as it fades away.

Resistance: +1 Resistance bonus to saves for 1 minute.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Round 1
Init: 18
HP: 20/23
Rage Rounds: 4/6
Bless:+1 to hit, etc.

"Ah! Me eyebrows, nobody burns me eyebrows!" Jevon cries out, as he dodges most of the firey blast. He quickly reloads his musket, and has it back to his shoulder, tracking the beast. "Time ter die lizard!!"

Reload musket move action, ready action to fire on it if it swoops within 40'.

Readied Attack 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8 Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
So, misfire. If the attack is triggered my musket gains the *broken* condition. Please dragon, stay away from me this round. Please please please. If the attack does trigger...

Jevon pulls the trigger, and instead of the normal thunderous boom that accompanies Bertha's work, there is a quiet click and nothing happens. "Bertha!? You b*tch! Do you not see the bloody dragon!???!?" Jevon asks before launching into a stream of curses, "Bloodnshitnpissnbuggeryandpilesofsteaminghorsespootontopofyermothersnicene wevergreenmatgoblinnutsand..."


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Round 1
Initiative: 11

Koldir, cursing himself silently for using up so many of his spells, loads his crossbow and fires it at the beast, but his bolt goes wild.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Jevon, that was inspired.


I almost allowed that to make an Intimidate check. Almost.


I will be away attending a ceremony and concert. I'll be back tomorrow around noon.


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Round 1: Initiative 4

Endrian looks at the beast with a piercing gaze calling upon Eveldine's blessing "Let me see the sins of this creature!"

If it detects as evil, he will use his Smite Evil ability.

"You have been judged and found wanting, beast. I call upon Eveldine to give me her blessing as I rid this earth of you."

He will then fire an arrow at the beast.

If Smite Evil is in effect:

Shortbow to hit roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

If it is an evil aligned dragon, damage is:
Shortbow damage roll: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

If not. The first roll is three less and the second roll is 2 less. If the beast is evil, but not of the dragon subtype, the damage dealt is 1 less.


Human Witch 3 | HP 20/20

Round 1
Initiative 5

Aldus looks to the sky and opens his mouth as wide as he can before returning his attention to the field.

Actions to be taken

If Leon is within 30 ft

Use fortune on him, cackle

If someone within 30 ft is wounded

Move up and heal using healing hex

Abilities:

Baster - 1 Round (2 if cackle)

Descriptions
Cackle, The witch can cackle madly as a move action. Any creature that is within 30 feet that is under the effects of an agony hex, charm hex, evil eye hex, fortune hex, or misfortune hex caused by the witch has the duration of that hex extended by 1 round.

Fortune, The witch can grant a creature within 30 feet a bit of good luck for 1 round. The target can call upon this good luck once per round, allowing him to reroll any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, taking the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the first roll is made. At 8th level and 16th level, the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round. Once a creature has benefited from the fortune hex, it cannot benefit from it again for 24 hours.

Healing, A witch can soothe the wounds of those she touches. This acts as a cure light wounds spell, using the witch’s caster level. Once a creature has benefited from the healing hex, it cannot benefit from it again for 24 hours.


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Aldus, you should be near to be and Baster. I'm only hurt 3 points though, I guess you can heal me. Might be better to wait till I get hit again though since it's a 1/day thing.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2, [hp 19][AC 20][CMD 15][Fortitude +5][Reflex +2][Will +7][Initiative +4][Perception +10]

Jevon, since nobody else ever mentioned wounds, and Koldir used CLW on someone when he ran back towards the party, we can assume that was you unless someone else has worse injuries and speaks up.

EDIT: Nevermind, that damage was taken *after* the CLW... was anyone injured though? Speak up if you were, so I can keep track of my spells :P


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Round 0 Initiative 13
Self Buffs +2 to hit, +1 damage +1 vs fear
Buffs +1 competence bonus to attack and damage checks. +1 moral bonus to fear checks. For ALL ALLIES that can hear her!
Bardic Performance ?/8
Defenses +4 vs. Sonic, bardic performance, and language dependent effects
~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬

Leylyn looks up at the dragon, and trys to recall everything she knows about this type of dragon.

Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Round 1 Initiative 13
After yelling out about the creature and some possibly useful tactics, Leylyn brakes back out into song...

~♬~♪~♬ Tough the Magic Dragon ♬~♪~♬~

oh...

Tough, the magic dragon slain by the nine, ~♪
The Lion, Rose, and Holy Knight, were the front runners at the time! ~♬
Blam! Went the Rogue's gun, all throughout the night, ~♪
And illusions danced by the Witch's hands as it gave the dragon fright! ~♬

Inspire Courage +1 competence bonus to attack and damage checks. +1 moral bonus to fear checks. For ALL ALLIES that can hear her!

Not sure how many rounds of Bardic music Leylyn has left. She has 8 rnds total, but with lingering song she can extend that to 24 rounds.


And we'll continue on from here. I'm going to try more narrative round summaries. Seems like it fits our group better.

The dragon keeps its lofty height. Meanwhile, the rest of you ready your weapons to begin taking shots at it. Endrian's arrow nevertheless finds its mark square and true and pierces it through the wing. The wound visibly bleeds fiery blood and the dragon roars with fury.

Leylyn:
Not much apparently. The dragon's obviously different and seems to be literally made of fire and rock.

At the end of his flight, the dragon wings one last time and lands right next to Koldir before roaring heated breath into his face, visibly furious.

Damage Taken: 18


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7

Yay! No triggered action means no misfire.

Round 2
Init:18
HP:20/23
Rage: Round 5/6
Bless:+1 hit, fear saves
Inspire Courage:+1 hit and damage

Seeing the foul beast roaring in his friend's face, Jevon screams "Noooooooooo! Koldirrrrrr!" temporarily forgetting to call him Burrin. He hustles forward, the butt of his musket snaps to his shoulder and he roars in time with Bertha as he pulls the trigger...

Move to within 40' (30' if possible), my move is 30'
Attack v. Touch(bless, IC, point blank) 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 25
Damage (point blank, IC) 1d12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10

Seeing the bullet strike home, he grins. He sets Bertha on the ground (drop musket) and reaches over his shoulder towards his axe...

Edit: Oh wait, the dragon took 18 damage. Not Koldir. Sh*t...reworked post a bit.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

The beast landed, yeah!

If the creature is close enough for me to move up and strike then,
Attack on dragon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Dmg from unarmed strike if I beat AC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Dmg from shocking grasp if I beat touch: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5


Tim Deamon wrote:

The beast landed, yeah!

If the creature is close enough for me to move up and strike then,
[dice=Attack on dragon]1d20+3
[dice=Dmg from unarmed strike if I beat AC]1d8+1
[dice=Dmg from shocking grasp if I beat touch]2d6

Are you hitting him with fists or using shocking grasp? Unless I missed something I believe you should only be declaring one of those.


hp 26 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 16 | F +3 | R +5 | W +3 | Init +4 | Per +4

Round 2 Initiative 13
Self Buffs +2 to hit, +1 damage +1 vs fear
Buffs +1 competence bonus to attack and damage checks. +1 moral bonus to fear checks. For ALL ALLIES that can hear her!
Bardic Performance ?/8
Defenses +4 vs. Sonic, bardic performance, and language dependent effects
~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬~♪~♬

Before the singing starts, Leylyn would have cried, "That Dragon's made of Rock and Fire! Dragons usually come in different colors, but this is beyond any dragon I've ever heard of. It's like some sort of magic dragon elemental whatsit I think."

Leylyn's song magically keeps going again, even though she has stopped the effort of singing it.

~♬~♪~♬ Magma the Magic Dragon ♬~♪~♬~

Oh...

Magma, the magic dragon slain by the nine, ~♪
The Elf, Dwarf, and Lady Bard, were supporting from behind! ~♬
Pow! Went the Monk's lightning fist, pummeling the dragons chest,~♪
On they fought throughout the night, there's nothing they can't best! ~♬

Inspire Courage +1 competence bonus to attack and damage checks. +1 moral bonus to fear checks. For ALL ALLIES that can hear her!

Leylyn draws and shoots her bow at the dragon, aiming for it's face to try to draw it's attention away from Koldir.

Ranged: Mwk Composite Shortbow (str2) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 (1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 / x3) (40 arrows)


Male Human 3rd Paladin |HP 25/25|AC 15|CMD 16|Fort +7|R: +4|W: +4|Init: +0|Perc: -2|

Round 2: Initiative 4

Seeing the dragon land on the ground, Endrian charges quickly towards it, once again drawing Sera into his grip, dropping his bow in the process.

"Foul beast! You have been judged and found wanting. Eveldine will guide my hand!"

Striking with Sera (Bless +1, Inspire Courage +1, Smite +3, Charge +2): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Sera's Damage (+1 Smite, +1 Inspire courage): 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Endrian delivers a crippling blow to the beast with Sera. Eveldine's blessing strengthening his weapon and guiding it.

"Take that foul beast!"


Urban Barbarian 1/Musket Master 2 (HP 31 | AC 20 | T 14 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | F +7 | R +5 | W +1 | Init +3 | Per +7
Tim Deamon wrote:

"Spread out! Archers and mages attack from range and cover, soldiers surround and destroy!"

Tim will charge a shocking grasp but holds it for now. Then he moves to cover till the beast lands.

He's under the impression that you can cast shocking grasp and hold it on your hand, then apply it to an unarmed attack in a subsequent round. You can't. The *spell* says nothing of the sort, and lists the duration as instantaneous. I think that was an old 3.X rule though if I remember correctly. Not only can't you cast touch attack spells with your unarmed strike, you also can't hold them for later rounds unless otherwise stated somewhere I'm unaware of.


M Human 1 Mnk 2Sorc [AC 16/20 CMD17] [F3R6W7] [HP16]

Had nothing to do with the spell itself it has to do with the fact that the spell is not discharged until I touch a target.

granted, tacking it onto an unarmed strike could be debatable but I only once ever heard someone complain and it was because he was a disagreeable person and the GM had used it against him.

quote
Touch Spells and Holding the Charge

In most cases, if you don't discharge a touch spell on the round you cast it, you can hold the charge (postpone the discharge of the spell) indefinitely. You can make touch attacks round after round until the spell is discharged. If you cast another spell, the touch spell dissipates.

Some touch spells allow you to touch multiple targets as part of the spell. You can't hold the charge of such a spell; you must touch all targets of the spell in the same round that you finish casting the spell.
quote


Male Elf Oracle 2 / Fighter 1 (HP 17 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +2 | W +5 | Init +2 | Per +7)

Round 2
Initiative 21

Hearing the *thud* of the dragon's landing, Ithriel runs up next to Burrin, staff in hand and swings with all his might.

Attack (+1 Bless, +1 Bard song, +2 MW Staff and BAB): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The staff bounced off of the Dragon and smacked Ithriel in face.

601 to 650 of 1,339 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seekers of the Grail (Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.