Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Seeker's Legacy of Fire

Game Master seekerofshadowlight


3,901 to 3,950 of 4,321 << first < prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | next > last >>

Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk trots up to the doors and listens carefully (take 20 on perception).


GM

Vrealk hears very little though the doors. If something is past them, it is being very quite about it. You are not sure if you have cleared all the gnolls from this level, but you have killed a great deal of Gnolls so far.


Male Human Cleric 5

While Vreak does his listening, N'Djamena checks the bodies with Detect Magic for any magical loot.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Don't forget that Vrealk checked the bodies for valuables above, also.


GM

The Gnolls had nothing of real value, a few silver each, some shiny objects, bone jewelry and tokens and weapons and of coarse the Gnoll's armor, which often is flea infested. All told you can scrap up roughly 80 silver and may get another 30 or 40 silver for the jewelry or tokens if cleaned up a bit.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Again, sorry for missing things. The main page is not indicating that threads are getting posts. *Bows*

Ayish moves amongst her friends checking to see who might have taken a minor injury during their altercation with the Gnolls.


GM

anything else? going though the doors or back up stairs or though the hole in the floor Vrealk found earlier?


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

We've looked through everything up here? Sounds like the hole if we have.


GM

Here is an over view map

Starting at the top, on the left in the room with the big "U" shaped put you have one small door and a double door. In the big stair room you have another double door. The room to the south of the big staircase you can get to from above as Vrealk found a hole, however you will need rope as it is a 20 foot drop. So actions?


"Markhet thinks we should investigate the doors in this room first," the tiny druid suggests, "Admittedly she is no expert on castles and keeps but she would think that a king or priest or whoever built this place wouldn't want to walk very far to his throne room."

Didn't Vrealk already listen at one of those doors before the latest gnoll attack? If so we should investigate that one first.


Some of those gnolls had bows right? I'll replenish my supply of arrows.

I agree that the door Vrealk checked out is as good as any other.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish moves to support her friends.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

With a nod from the others (and dagger in hand), Vrealk cautiously opens the door. He tries to keep it as quiet as possible.

stealth 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena tries to avoid making any noise while Vrealk does his thing.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena resorts to cleaning her hammer as she waits for Vrealk to get back to them.


GM

The first door is a stairway, that leads up. Walking it finds you,in time at the top of one of the towers, close to forty feet from the ground.It has no other opening or ways down, seemly just a look out post.

The double doors opens up into a room with Ancient plaster frescos of serpentine beasts line the walls. An assortment of weapons hangs from spikes pounded into the wall, including a chipped iron greataxe, a blood-red leather whip, bladed leather gauntlets, and an assortment of battleaxes and throwing cleavers. Along the north wall, huge semi-circular columns, twenty feet across, intrude into the room, creating wide alcoves, while in the middle of the room rests a pile of mildewed bearskins. A set of battered double doors stands ajar to the west.

Do recall guys you are two levels underground. You passed though the first to get to the bottom first.

The Map


"Markhet doesn't like whips," the gnome says with a shiver, "Thankfully Larrs was raised by a kindly druid and has never felt it's cruel bite. Markhet was not as fortunate."


Give the room a scan with Detect Magic before moving on.


GM

which way are you going? You have the single door, most likely leads to a tower and the double doors on the far end

As you move though the room, Kelden stops to inspect the items. While this does take a small while it pays of as the red whip seems to glow as the spell crosses over it.


Unless someone asks about it, Kelden will put away the whip for identification later.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish lets her whip hang more 'out of site' away from Markhet at her Gnome friend's words.

Happy to follow along and assist ever one else. (^_^)


GM

Pick a door then, any door..hopefully not the one, which spiky death waits behind however


Male Human Cleric 5

The double doors sound good, but Vrealk can give them the ol' once-over first.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

If we don't seem to be in a rush, he'll take 20 for a 31 perception.


GM

Vrealk can make out sounds behind the door, low Gnoll voices, some of which seem distressed. He can also smell smoke, that of drugs from a hookah.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk motions to the others to stay quiet. He trots back over (take 10 on stealth for a 31) and quietly tells them, [smaller]"Gnolls. They sound worried, and me smells smoke. Like from pesh or something. Maybe we can take them by surprise; N'Djamena, maybe you stay put and come through after rest of us."

Vrealk heads back to the door, his daggers at the ready. Once the rest of those getting ready to go through the door are in position, he will quitely open it stealth 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23; once it's unlatched, he'll rush through.


Markhet and Larrs creep up beside Vrealk. Larr is the louder of the two so Markhet has the lion take his time (read Larrs takes 10 giving the lion a 17).


AC 21, FF 19, T 12; HP 41/41
ASF 10% 1d100 ⇒ 11
Shield

Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena waits for the signal to rush in.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish stands near the rear of the group, watching for anything which might come into view from this quarter.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


bump


GM

Vrealk rushes into the room, seemingly taken the undressed and female Gnolls unaware. They lay about of pillows and fur, smoke from the hooka is thick and the smell of pesh fills the air.

Ya guys have surprise, the Gnolls are unarmed and more or less naked. Five Gnolls are in the room

The map


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk rushes in and tears into the closest gnoll with his dagger.

attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 plus 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2


Markhet holds Larrs back. For the moment the gnome doesn't have any interest in slaughtering the gnoll harem.


There's nothing to do here but to wade in and start killing.

Greataxe +1, lawful outsider bane, fav enemy
to hit 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 = 22 damage 1d12 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 4 = 19


Male Human Cleric 5

Missed this update...

N'Djamena rushes in and bashes with Tempest.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (2) = 9


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena also refuses to get involved


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish watches as Kelden and N'Djamena leap forwards, their weapons flashing. She moves forwards to stand beside Celena and Market.

"Wha'...what's going on?" She stammers.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Just a warning. 'Dots' are not appearing to let people know new posts are being added. *Bows*


"Probably something that Ayish best not see," Markhet says, "This one has no desire to see it herself."


GM

Three of the Gnolls go down with ease, weapons rending their unprotected flesh, the three remaining howl in fury and throw items at the part as they stumble toward the exit.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish steps closer and shivering slightly, hugs Markhet at the terrible noise that rises from the room Vrealk, N'Djamena and Kelden are in.


More killing.

Greataxe +1, lawful outsider bane, fav enemy
to hit 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 = 22 damage 1d12 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena stops the slaughter once he realises the gnolls aren't fighting back.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena continues to hold back


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk continues. "Why stop, N'Djamena? Our task is to eliminate the gnolls; so long as one male and these females exist, they remain a threat to us civilized people in the area. Me knows they are evil and will just raise more of their people to come back later."

Vrealk continues attacking.

attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

ahh ... the old debate about whether it's evil or not to kill the females and children of an evil humanoid tribe ...


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena frowns. "I didn't realise they were unarmed. Fighting the defenseless may be okay with goblins, but I think it's cruel."


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

heh ... you know, I didn't realize until just now that Vrealk is the only neutral member of the party. Never really checkd. :-)


GM

Two more Gnolls go down but the last, manages the run howling from the room. You are left with five very dead gnolls and the echoing howls of a sixth,


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Well guess we wont have to wait long to fight the rest."


GM

As the howls echos, you take in the room a bit more. It seems filled with pillows and other stolen finery, along with the Hooka and what looks to be a small snuff box of pesh you can clearly see. It looks like you may have found the Carrion kings Harem.

3,901 to 3,950 of 4,321 << first < prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.