Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Seeker's Legacy of Fire

Game Master seekerofshadowlight


3,801 to 3,850 of 4,321 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>

GM

well if Vrelk and Kelden wish to go out alone scouting..ya can do that as well. Vetoing to rest then? Anyone wish to exsamin the few items in the other room that N'djamerna said where magic..Mostly the tree, water and some of the area's of grass


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena shrugs. "If the three of you wish to press on, let's do so. Only all-knowing Nethys can say when our deaths are written in Pharasma's book. But please -- try to avoid getting skewered by a bloodthirsty goat-demon if at all possible."

He hoists his morningstar and follows the rest of them back into the fray.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Uh just pointing out but were mostly out of healing and Celena is on 9 hp's


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish groans softly as Vrealk and Kelden, who are then followed by N'Djamena and possibly Markhet head towards the stairs....She dutifully rises and follows.


"Three? Markhet only counts Vrealk and Kelden as willing to go and explore. But this one is blessed with mathematical skills far greater then he who ignores me. Markhet is able to count over 21 for example."


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

"Me already said me will agree with the rest. Me thinks most folks said to rest, so that it what we should do. But me can scout a bit around, and report back in an hour, if you like!"

Right, I don't think the majority want to press on. I believe we're staying put for now.


Male Human Cleric 5
Markhet wrote:
"Markhet thinks we should turn back," the gnome says, "Find us some gnolls and deal with all of them before we think about exploring any of these untouched ruins."
Markhet wrote:
"Three? Markhet only counts Vrealk and Kelden as willing to go and explore. But this one is blessed with mathematical skills far greater then he who ignores me. Markhet is able to count over 21 for example."

Markhet is a woman of many faces. :-)


GM

So rest it is then? Celena is right, some of you are at the limit. Healing would not hurt, if you had any left. Anyone wish todo anything else? watches?


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish would vote for resting, but will follow what every one else agrees with. Being a Spell Caster, last watch would be nice. *Bows*


Kelden's stealth skills are not inconsiderable, but Vrealk's ability to remain unseen put his to shame. He realizes it would be best if Vrealk went out alone. Instead, Kelden finds a good place to set camp for their stay down here.


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena wants to camp as well. He'll take the first watch and he'll examine the plants and the water.

I forget, is there light down here?


N'Djamena wrote:
Markhet wrote:
"Markhet thinks we should turn back," the gnome says, "Find us some gnolls and deal with all of them before we think about exploring any of these untouched ruins."
Markhet wrote:
"Three? Markhet only counts Vrealk and Kelden as willing to go and explore. But this one is blessed with mathematical skills far greater then he who ignores me. Markhet is able to count over 21 for example."
Markhet is a woman of many faces. :-)

Ahhh, you're assuming that Markhet wanted to hunt for gnolls straight away. No, she wants to deal with the gnolls before exploring the ruins. She doesn't care when that happens but she wants to deal with one problem before the other.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk disappears into the shadows to scout. He'll go for about an hour and try to stick to right turns only. He'll go his normal speed, so has no penalty due to his rogue talent and take 10 on stealth and perception checks (for a 31 and 19 result, respectively).


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish will move to the fountain and use the waters there to clean up etc.

How is every one for rations/food?


Don't forget that Kelden keeps a Rope Trick to help secure our rest.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Bump


GM

Vrealk:

You are able to get near the surface, but gnolls seem to be near the throne, some seem to be arguing and it looks like it may come to blows, but the Gnoll with the robes that vanished earlyer seems to diffuse the issue and seems to be assuming command.

You do have some light, the room seems to be illuminated as if broad daylight streamed though, magic you would guess. As N'djamerna examines the tree and water, ayish baths herself in the clean cool water. The tree is magical, conjuration magic, but the odd thing is after just an hour of rest, anyone within the chamber feels renewed, as if they had sleep days, not merely rested an hour.

In other words 1 hour of rest here is 1/days rest for both healing and spell slot recovery. The tree is magical and does have almonds upon it.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk comes trotting back. "Me saw the gnolls in the throne room. Arguing, and the one with the robe is there. Looks like he is taking the lead. Maybe we should attack again, once we are rested."


Let's give Vrealk an hour so he too can be counted as rested, then go back out with spells blazing.


Male Human Cleric 5

"Sounds good to me."


"Yes," Markhet agrees, "It is as this one has often said, we should deal with the gnolls first before exploring these ancient ruins."


"Market, you are a master manipulator. Even when we don't do what you want, we end up doing what you want. How do you do that?"


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena sighs a bone-weary sigh and rubs his bald head.


LoL

Markhet beams at the compliment.

"Markhet has tamed lions you know," the gnome happily points out, "And she isn't big or strong, so she's had to be smart and crafty to get her lions through hoops. But this is the first time one of her lions has commented on or even questioned the presence of hoops. Being an adventurer is definitely more challenging then being a slave, but Markhet thinks she's making progress, and she thinks she can get a proper beard on sigh-ie over there if she stays persistent."


GM

Your barely are rested when the first Gnoll comes down the stairwell, they are not silent and while you do not yet see them you know they have seem to have found the secret room.

I am not gonna post a map right yet, you will see three gnolls coming down the stairs. I am gonna give you guys surpise, you can just post actions.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena will charge the nearest Gnoll

Attack
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Damage

1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Grease (DC 17 for gnolls) on the stairway under the gnolls to help Celena hold line.


Markhet hops onto Larrs and charges for the base of the stairs to assist Celena.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk uses the opportunity to find a hiding spot near the stairs, in order to backstab one of the gnolls coming down.

stealth 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena moves up and smites one of the gnolls.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d8 + 4 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (6) + 2 = 18


GM

Celena drops a gnoll as Kelden greases the stairs the other two tumble to the floor, allowing N'djamerna to kill another, leaving one gnoll trying to stand up with little luck.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish uncoils her whip and strikes out.

AoO:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Dam Roll:1d4 ⇒ 2

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 (Are these the only Gnolls coming down? Are there more and how many?)


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena swings again (no smite this time).

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (6) = 11


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena swings at this Gnoll as well

Attack
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

confirm

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Damage

1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Crit

2d6 + 14 ⇒ (6, 1) + 14 = 21


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

hmmm .... well, that was useful

If anything's left, Vrealk comes out and targets whatever.

dagger 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 plus 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3


Kelden Readies to cast Scorching Ray at any gnoll that gets past his friends on the stairway.


GM

The last of the gnolls go down, it seems unlikely anyone above did not hear that, even if they went down fast.

Actions what are you guys doing?


Kelden looks to Celena and N'Djamena.
maintain the defense or go on the offense?


"Markhet thinks we should get back to the business of hunting gnolls."


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Guess we deal with the Gnolls then."


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish nods, "Onwards and upwards..."


This decision brings a smile to Kelden's face.
Enlarge Person on Celena. As a side note. I recently pointed out to my players that Enlarge Person does not increase your movement rate.


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena is ready to keep going, now that he has been refreshed by the magic environment.

"After you, Vrealk," he suggests.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk grins at N'Djamena, an almost feral look to his eyes, and races up the stairs with his daggers drawn.


GM

Vrealk is near the top, when the first of the second group of Gnolls runs almost into the Goblin. Vrealk takes him down with little problem, leaving another standing above the stairway.

One more visible above, vrealk has went, i rolled a 1 on init..a 1...damn


AC 21, FF 19, T 12; HP 41/41
ASF 10% 1d100 ⇒ 12
Enlarge Person (Celena)
Shield 10/10 rd

Kelden activates Shield.


GM

Ok me missing my update time by the site being down...so not my fought

You can hear the Gnolls above you, but they seem caught off guard by the sudden attack, yet you can hear a large number of them above.

You guys go first, you are under the chair

The map


AC 21, FF 19, T 12; HP 41/41
ASF 10% 1d100 ⇒ 43
Enlarge Person (Celena)
Shield 9/10 rd

If Kelden can get the three surrounding the chair with a Color Spray, he will. Otherwise, he'll get to the landing and color spray the as many as he can. (DC17)


Markhet will cast produce flame for the time being. If she has a shot she'll throw some fire straight away.

ranged touch attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Human Cleric 5

If there's no room out there, N'Djamena will cast Bless.

3,801 to 3,850 of 4,321 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.