Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Seeker's Legacy of Fire

Game Master seekerofshadowlight


3,751 to 3,800 of 4,321 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 5

If Markhet et al. can't find any trace of the missing gnoll, let's go back and investigate the secret room(s).


Technically it's Larrs looking for the scent, Markhet is just looking for tracks :)


GM

Larra and markhet can find no trace anyone other then you has been down here in some time. No dust seems to touch the place, but the same could not be said of the stairs. Only two rooms can be seen down here. One is the chamber at the end of the Hall Celena found earlier, the one with the odd cage like object with the moving earth below it. The other is a tall(30 feet) round room with arches.


Male Human Cleric 5

"Let's leave those imprisoned faces alone for now and search this other area," N'Djamena suggests. He scans for magic and poison.


"Markhet agrees with baldy," the tiny gnome says, "This area maybe we can hide out in, but it doesn't have what we want in it."


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish nods in agreement with her friends, though she does look wistfully around at the place as they leave.


Kelden follows along with N'Djamena


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk nods, and takes off in the lead before anyone can say anything.

stealth 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33
perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena brings up the rear.


GM

The area below only has the two rooms, other then the first area with the trees and fountains. To the left is the single room, with the high ceiling and arches that seem to go nowhere and down the hall is the room with the cage and faces in the earth.

N'djamena, can find very faint traces of of conjuration magic within the arches. The man room also reads moderate conjuration magic, the tree and water most strongly. However even standing outside the room with the cage like device and the faces in the earth you can pick up very strong transmutaion and conjuration magic


Male Human Cleric 5

"Perhaps there was a magic gate here at one time. The tree and the water are definitely magic. And the faces..."

N'Djamena walks up to the bars and says: "Hello, can you hear me?" in all of the languages he knows (Common, Gnoll, Goblin).


Assuming N'Djamena tells us what he sees.
"Don't trust what you see. This could be most anything." Kelden prepares for more conflict as they go into the other room.


GM

Everyone can see the faces
The faces seem to repeat the same things over and over again, but not in any tongue you seem to know. If you had to guess , you would say it is clearly not a human language.

Also once N'Djamerna stepped into the room, runes started to flash along with the faces, you would guess they might be the same language the faces whisper.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish thinks back over the many stories she's herd

Bardic Knowledge?

Even as she makes more room for N'Djamerna to get closer to the display.


GM

You may try that to at lest ID what language it is


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Sounds like a good place to start. (^_^)

Knowledge Check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

"um...I think...." Ayish steps forwards slightly and...

DM's exposition....(^_^)


Male Human Cleric 5

Linguistics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

N'Djamena scratches his bald pate. "I'll pray to Nethys for knowledge when we return. For now, we know for a fact there are troglodytes to deal with, and no doubt there are more gnolls as well."

How much of the compound is left unexplored? How many buildings did we see when we scouted?


GM

maybe a good deal, you have no idea how big it is underground

Ayish is able to pick up that the faces speak in the language of the earth, terran.


"Markhet thinks we should turn back," the gnome says, "Find us some gnolls and deal with all of them before we think about exploring any of these untouched ruins."


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish nods at Markhet's words, hesitant to explore this new, though intriguing, find.


I thought we'd already decided to go into the room. Oh well.
"The gnolls don't seem to know of this place yet, so, if we're careful, we can probably use this as our base of operations as we clear out the ruin."


GM

N'djamerna:

You get a powerful urge that something important lays below those faces


Male Human Cleric 5

"Hold on, friends -- the gnolls can wait. Only Nethys knows all, but I'm convinced there is something vital to our enterprise that lies beyond those faces."

Just to clarify -- those faces are behind some kind of bars, so we would have to remove the bars somehow?


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Gut feeling is it?"


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

"Let me go first. Me can check out to see what traps may be there; important things usually are guarded. Maybe you check for magic first, friend N'Djamena?"

Vrealk creeps forward after the others check for magic, if appropriate. He'll inspect the area for traps.

perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


GM

The "Cage" is not solid. More like what you would see in a lift, three solid sides and one with an arch to allow someone to enter. The faces are only upon the floor within the cage however.

Vrealk sees no traps, around the cage. He is unsure if the floor with the faces and runes is trapped without touching them. However he does not think they are.


"Sigh," The little gnome says, "Nobody listens to Markhet Larrs."

"Merow?" Larrs asks as he perks up upon hearing his name.

"Markhet can't believe this! She is being ignored even by her own lion! This one almost hopes there is some ungodly nasty thing lurking inside that cage so she can taunt everyone till the end of time after we are all killed horribly. This one will haunt the ghosts of her friends and say "I told you so" till the end of time. But Markhet isn't bitter. She just wants everyone to know the horrible consequences of ignoring her advice."


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish laughs lightly at her Gnome friend's comments, even going so far as to reach over and hug Markhet's small frame.

"I trust Vrealk, like I trust your self and Larrs." She says quietly.


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena already checked for magic, and the faces are magical.


Male Human Cleric 5
Celena Ashram wrote:
"Gut feeling is it?"

"A 'gut' feeling? Nay, let us rather call it divine inspiration, as it was when we visited the ruined chapel and a Higher Power led us to this fine relic." He displays Tempest proudly.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Okay then. Safe to head over Vrealk?"


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

"As far as me can tell. But me has never seen anything like these faces, before. Me guesses you should still be careful."


GM

The faces do not seem to try and attack or interact with you at all, other then the whispers and the Runes. N'djamerna feels strong conjuration magic about the face covered floor, but nothing he can identify.

Anyone with linguistics may make another check as you know know that lang it is.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish will try to help with her Bardic skills/abilities. (^_^)


Male Human Cleric 5

Linguistics: take 10 for a result of 16


GM

N'djamerna is not positive, but he thinks the whispers and the runes may be asking someone to "command the earth". That may be some kind of password or it may be asking you to do something.


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena will try channeling energy to see if that does something.


"Could it mean to speak in Terran or tomorrow I can summon an earth elemental"


Male Human Cleric 5

"Tomorrow I can also ask for a blessing to understand heathen tongues."


GM

The channel seems to have no effect. Something about what Kelden says seems to feel right to N'djamerna, as if they have struck a cord on some long forgotten memory.

So far no one has seemed to follow you below and this place may be as safe or safer then the haven you had with the Gnolls foes.


Male Human Cleric 5

"If we rest now, then I can make my prayers and I feel certain I will be able to speak with these magical faces."

If we rest, swap out Bless for Comprehend Languages.


"Or we could strike at the weakened gnolls now and fall back here once we've killed a few more."


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish sits some where quietly as the warriors of the group debate strategy.


Male Human Cleric 5

FWIW, I believe N'Djamena is mostly tapped out of spells and healing.


Whatever is decided is cool. I'm just playing a character that has a hate-on for gnolls, if you hadn't noticed.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

**Nods* Indeed, noticing. :)


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"It may be best to rest and heal up some more"


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk seems to pout for a moment, almost disappointed to be resting. "Me feels fine, but if you all want to rest, me will rest."


"Markhet would offer an opinion on the matter but seeing as she is being ignored as of late she will remain silent. Vocally silent."


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish laughs and hugs her Gnomish friend, even offering Larrs a gentle scratch behind the ears.

3,751 to 3,800 of 4,321 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.