Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Seeker's Legacy of Fire

Game Master seekerofshadowlight


3,451 to 3,500 of 4,321 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish purses her lips, "I did not know it was a big bug, friend Markhet." But she smiles at her Gnomish friend,

"Still, your words are wise and I shall heed them come the future." She compliments her companion while demurely awaiting Kelden's reply.


I don't think we have the facilities out here to craft scrolls do we?
"Yes well I find that everyday with you folks is a learning experiance. So no unnnecessary fights, but be prepared to lay siege to the edifice."


GM

I would not think you would have the gear to craft scrolls out here.As you do not have any inks or anything to write on listed in your gear. Ok guys what is the plan? Which way you going in?


Male Human Cleric 5

Good point. We could go back to town, though.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Not wanting to seem complacent, but am happy to follow the parties choice. *Bows*


I'm all for going back to town.


Markhet would want to stick with it, there's not a lot that going back to town at this point would accomplish


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

*Ayish looks at Markhet with a raised eyebrow* What about a bath? (^_~)


GM

So taking a vote?


Female Gnome Paladin 5

If it seems the Gnoll presance has increased significantly Celena is okay with heading back to town to resupply and to give time for the guard to lower again.


GM

I will point out some things, you came here because you were warned he was bringing in more tribes to attack the town. Town and back would be roughly two weeks. The force might get smaller, larger or march on the city in that time.


Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
I will point out some things, you came here because you were warned he was bringing in more tribes to attack the town. Town and back would be roughly two weeks. The force might get smaller, larger or march on the city in that time.

[/ooc]One reason Markhet is against going back to town yet. The other being that it doesn't really feel like we've accomplished anything yet.[/ooc]


I didn't realize it would take that long. We'll just have to get better at striking at them.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Aye...seeking the least cluttered route into to exorcizing the target would seem the way to go.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Okay remain In the area it is then


GM

[ooc]Ok then, what is the plan ol attack?[/ooc}


Let's go in by way of our allies and move on from there.


GM

After days of rest you make your way back to the House of the Beast. Knocking upon the gate you are allowed inside your "allies" stronghold.

Now what?


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Rest, recover, regroup and then head back into the Gnoll's den...?


Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

After days of rest you make your way back to the House of the Beast. Knocking upon the gate you are allowed inside your "allies" stronghold.

Now what?

Killing spree I imagine :P

Markhet suggests taking the same route we did last time, kill the new guards, and then advancing further into the temple complex.

Also, it should come to some relief to some that Markhet is back to wearing cloths and armour once the poison is out of her system. While it's clear that Markhet is no prude she's not exactly promiscuous either. She seems to see the lot of you as being akin to her cat. She wouldn't think twice about getting changed in front of Larrs.


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena tries to spend absolutely no time thinking about Markhet, if at all possible. ;-)

Do the troglodytes have any updates on the comings or goings of the gnolls? E.g. have they brought in a bunch of reinforcements, have they commented on the attacks, etc.?


I agree with the killing spree comment.
Markhet's plan works for me.


GM

The trogs, say you kill a few and run. New ones come. Always more come. You can look at of the gate and see at lest four Gnolls waiting in clear view and at lest four more patrol on mounts. Sneaking in from the door is gonna be hard, you are likely to be spotted as soon as you open it.


"Well Markhet isn't planing on getting side tracked this time."


"Maybe the sneaking is our problem. Maybe we should go in blades high and roaring like lions."


Hmmm, my edits the didn't take I see. I'd added that Markhet was going to cast produce flame before kicking in the door, also she'll put guidance on herself and Larrs.

"Markhet and Larrs can cover the roaring lion department."


GM

Guns Blazing them? Well swords blazing anyhow


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena will give the party Nethys's blessing and will pray for Nethys to give strength to Larss's claws and teeth.

cast Bless on the party and Bull's Strength on Larrs


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Sounds good to me."


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Aysh will prepare to bolster her allies attacks.

Inspire courage on the round combat starts...got to stretch out all the rounds as much as possible! (^_^)


Celena should probably take a lift from Larrs so that she's in combat sooner rather then later.


One would think that the Enlarge Person spell would give a bonus to movement, but it doesn't.

Readied action to cast Enlarge Person on Celena.


GM

Sorry guys, I'll have a map and update this evening


GM

Ok guys here is the long delayed map. You are 100 feet from the maps edge. You have time to buff or whatever before you make the charge as they will not know you are there until the gate opens. I am gonna give you guys a surprise round to move or whatever, saying you are ready to go as soon as the gate starts to lift.

Round 1 battle map


AC 25 (27 v evil), FF 23 (25), T 12 (14); HP 41/41
ASF 10% 1d100 ⇒ 32
Enlarge Person (Celena)
Shield
Prot v Evil

Readied action to shoot arrow
Comp Longbow: fav enemy
to hit 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 = 22 damage 1d8 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 = 8


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Round 1:

Ayish raises her voice to bolster her allies (Bardic performance: +1 to Attack and Damage rolls) even as she loosens her whip and moves forwards at the rear of the group.

Edit: I do believe my "Magic Knack" trait means I am casting etc as effectively as a 5th lvl bard? If so, then my additions are a +2 to Att and Dam rolls. (^_^) Awaiting Dm adjudication on this. *Bows*

Also, now being large (Because of Kelden's spell)..I don't think Celena is going to fit on Larrs...


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena mounts Larrs and lets the cat get her closer to the enemy


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Where am I at? Don't see myself on the map ...

Vrealk realizes he's too far to get good arrow shots off, so he draws his daggers and springs forward to close the distance between himself and the enemy, following the gnomes and Larrs in order to try and team up.


Larrs will take a single move (because this is the surprise round) hopefully setting himself up for a charge in the first round.

Markhet will fling fire at one of the mounted gnolls:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena sprints (triple moves) towards the enemy, Tempest in hand.


GM

Surprise round.
Keldan shoots one of the mounted Gnolls before the door is even open all the way. It does not go down but it damned well felt it. Vrealk runs forward with Larrs and Markhet throwing a flame bolt at the hurt gnoll, burning him. Celena runs toward the foes as N'Djamera sprints even closer

Sorry fixed Vrealk. Yes Ayish counts as level 5 as far as I recall. Celena is two large to now fit upon Larrs.

Round 1

Vrealk = 21
Kalden = 21
Markhet = 14
celena = 14
Mounted Gnolls = 13
Larrs = 8
Aysh = 6
N'Djamena = 4
Gnolls= 3

This will not go well for the gnolls

The map


AC 21, FF 19, T 12; HP 41/41
ASF 10%
Enlarge Person (Celena)
Shield
Prot v Evil

Kelden moves forward as he fires again.
Comp Longbow: fav enemy, bardsong
to hit 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 4 + 1 = 30 damage 1d8 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 4 + 1 = 15


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Sa-weet! (^_^)

Ayish strides confidently forwards, following her comrades, with her voice raising their spirits and adding to their motivation.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

She looks around at the rest of the room etc,

Just because she's singing doesn't mean she can't help keep an eye on things. (^_~)


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena continues her advance going from a run to a sprint.


Markhet spurs Larrs into a charge, throwing flame at the rider along the way:

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Larrs missile: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena does another triple move, starting to pant and puff a bit.


GM

Vrealk pads forward as Kelden moves and drops the first Gnolls from his mount with a well placed shot, Markhet misses her target and Urges Larrs Forward as Celena brakes into a full sprint.

The riderless mount charges forward trying to bit into Vrealk, but the goblin is far to nimble. The second mount charges at Celena as its rider firs and hits her with his longbow 7 hp but the mount can not bypass her armor. Larrs Charges into the riderless beast, biting it savagely. Ayish and N'Djamera move forward as the other Gnolls fire arrows and yell to raise the alarm.

Round 2

Vrealk = 21
Kalden = 21
Markhet = 14
celena = 14
Mounted Gnolls = 13
Larrs = 8
Aysh = 6
N'Djamena = 4
Gnolls= 3

The map


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Round 2:

Ayish continues to give her companions a bonus to oral by singing their praises...

So, yeah +2 to hit and Saving throws. (^_~)

While she increases her pace some what and jogs towards the combat.

Yeah...trying to get a little bit closer...moving into a 'Hustle', me thinks... >_>


Markhet tries again to fling some fire at the gnoll rider:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Markhet will try to steer Larrs to take a 5' step so he's in flanking position (if necessary) then Larrs goes full attacks:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Edit: possible crit:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


AC 21, FF 19, T 12; HP 41/41
ASF 10%
Enlarge Person (Celena)
Shield
Prot v Evil

Kelden continues to advance as he targets the closest gnoll not in melee and fires

Comp Longbow: fav enemy, bardsong
to hit 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 4 + 2 = 30 damage 1d8 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 9

3,451 to 3,500 of 4,321 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.