Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Seeker's Legacy of Fire

Game Master seekerofshadowlight


251 to 300 of 4,321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

GM

Sorry, was late, spellcheck changed my mangled apart into about and I did not notice, And yeah sorry was not clear I made the save for you, rolled very low. And yes to be clear the crossbow is in many little parts scattered around you now


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Well, in that case Vrealk immediately looks around for the source of the giggling, PO'ed that his most expensive, currently irreplaceable, item was destroyed.

We still rolling double?

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

If he sees the source, he immediately lashes out with his dagger.

dagger 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


GM

Yep double everything sept damage, I'll tell ya when you can stop. Also you throwing the dagger or gonna move to attack? If you see it and if it is in the cacti you'll need an acro roll as well to move 1/3 rd speed. If you move full you take 1 hp per 5 feet moved


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Yep double everything sept damage, I'll tell ya when you can stop. Also you throwing the dagger or gonna move to attack? If you see it and if it is in the cacti you'll need an acro roll as well to move 1/3 rd speed. If you move full you take 1 hp per 5 feet moved

Edited in the second rolls above. I will attack if it is next to me, throw if it isn't. My attack rolls are the same whether I melee or use thrown weapons (due to Weapon Finesse).

EDIT 2: Hmm ... editing in the second rolls changed my first ones. I believe my first Perception total was 14 or 15, not a 20. And my first attack roll was also a 15, not the 12 shown. Sorry; didn't realize it would do that; next time I'll just post 'em separate. So my perception results should be 15 and 20, while my two attack roll results should be 15 and 12. Disregard the 14 and 25, respectively.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2
Markhet wrote:
That's going to take forever Ayishidaj -Bintel -Quivarashidj!

*nods* Yes, yes it is, but since Ayish is only wearing tattered dancing silks and has less HP than wet tissue paper, weed whacking it is for her. V_V .Unless there are other ideas forth coming from the bleachers? (^.~)

Ayishs face is set in a determined look as she continues to swing away at the cacti.

Attack Roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Damage Roll:1d4 ⇒ 4
Attack Roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Damage Roll:1d4 ⇒ 4

V_V Well, there's a wasted 20 to boot! :P
Whack, whack, whack, whack...


"Brave Markhet and her faithful companion Larrs have saved the goat," the gnome cheers, "one of the pugwampi is vanquished! Markhet thinks that one of the the monsters is still out in the cactus field. Markhet would help but she thinks that she would be no use in combat."

Then Markhet heard the commotion,
and Markhet saw the sight,
and Markhet turned to Larrs,
intent to stop fight.

There was Pugwampi on the cliff face,
there was Pugwampi confetti and blood,
There was Pugwampi inside of Larrs
(who was looking rather smug),

Tiny little Markhet wasn't angry,
and tiny little Markhet wasn't gruff,
she simply said the secret lion name:
Listen DC 25:

Spoiler:
"Lion, that's enough,"


GM

Anyone else would like to go before I move this on?

Grand Lodge

More of the same from me

Xerxzayas:
Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Mamood:
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Markhet is the goat okay and do you think you can get it out of there or are we going to need to cut it free?"


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena barrels forward -- full tilt! -- a total of 15 feet and takes 3 damage. Then he channels energy again.

1d6 ⇒ 3 healing


GM

Vrealk+16[Hiding]
Ayishida+14[weed wacking]
Larrs+14[mauling]
Markhet+13[goat tending]
Xerzayas+13 [weedwacking]
Mamood=+12 [looking]
Celena+11 [looking]
N'djamena+11 [moving]]

Vrealk scans the area but is still unable to find the attacker as Ayish and Xerzayas keep slowly working though the cacti. Larrs is now eatting the head of what was once a pugwampi you think as Markhet calms the goat.
Celena stands close to edge of the clearing as Mamood looks for the other attacker. N'Djamena puts his head down and barrels though the cacti, calling forth the power of his god in a greenish burst as he gets to the other side

Mamood

Spoiler:

You are able to spot something 20 to the right of Vrealk

Also the goat will have to be cut loose or untied, someone bigger then the goat could carry it out, kinda rules out the fearless little folks we have here, however

The map


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Ceena continues to search the cacti field for danger

Perception

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Qadira

Xerxzayas pauses in his rhythmic strikes against the cacti as he silently communes with Mamood. In only a moment, though, he begins to barrel through the prickly field (hopefully leaving a safe path for his sister to follow) to meet up with his companion.

Mamood rushes at the not so well hidden assailant and slashes at him.

Charge attack with power attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Charge attack with power attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Damage 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk comes out of hiding and moves into the clearing. If he can see the hidden pugwampi, he'll attack with his dagger.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 211d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Dagger 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
damage1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


When Markhet uses her her secret lion name Larrs immediately gives up on the pugwampi and plods over to Markhet and the goat. Markhet points at the rope and Larrs attempts to bite through it.

Attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Markhet couldn't possibly lift the goat be herself," the gnome calls out, "she is far too small, but she might be able to convince Larrs to let the goat ride on his back rather then in his belly. But if you could deal with that that archer, Markhet would be grateful, she isn't looking forward to leading a goat ridding a lion threw a cactus patch with a vexing archer sneaking about. It seems dangerous to her some how."


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena will move up to the pugwampi (if he can see it), drawing his morningstar.


GM

Vrealk makes a move toward what looks to be a tiny jackle headed humnoid, but his breeches catch on the cacti, both tearing and sticking his rump 1hp, he can only make it half way but throws his dagger, that sails off toward the weedwacking duo.

Markhet has larrs to unsuccessfully try and bit the rope, which gets caught between the lions teeth and seems the freak out the goat.

Xerzayas starts barreling though the cacti 4 hp as Mamood does the same aiming toward the pugwampi5 hp for him and with a powerful swipe of his claws seem to take the throat out of the pugwampi. The small beast is dead before he hits the ground

Mamood and Xerzayas seems to have made a narrow path though the field, along with the one mad by Celena, moving though with the goat should be easy now

Daski moves carefully though the path with his staff, looking over the throat less critter he nods "Yes this is indeed a pugwampi, Almah will wish to see this" He ways looping a small rope into a nose he dangles the pugwampi body from his staff, like some grisly fishing lure

He stands and starts back toward the camp"You coming?' he says gruffly over his shoulder

Hp up to date in my profile, some of ya are all prickly


"Wait we need to bring back the goat," Markhet calls out, "the lady would not want to leave behind her property!"

The gnome turns back to the goat.

"Perhaps Markhet can untie the rope," she says to herself, "Markhet does have tiny nimble hands."

Markhet attempts to untie the goat.


GM

Markhet, has a little trouble but with some work can untie the rope. The goat does seem a bit jumpy around Larrs


"Calm down Rombard," the gnome says, "Markhet is a friend, and Larrs won't eat you if Markhet is here! Markhet needs to get you over that cactus patch but she isn't strong enough to carry you so she's going to try to get Larrs to do that. Unless she get's help from one of the big folk, then she will let them carry you, but You need not fear, for Larrs is very quick and nimble and will have you safely across the cactus field in no time."

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


GM

as ya may have noticed ya just make single rolls now

To much amazement and confusion Markhet starts out of the clearing with both her and the goat riding larrs, as he carefully picks his way though the narrow path. The lion looks almost embarrassed and the goat looks confused , Markhet has a a smile so wide your sure only a gnome could pull it off however

Qadira

"markhet, you did well." Xerxzayas says as he is picking quills from his robes.

Mamood continues on as without noticing the quills that are stuck into him.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

*bows* Much apologies for missing out on most of these posts.

Seeing her brother start off into the cacti all Ayish can do is draw a dagger and carefully begin to enlarge the path that has been created, the better to allow those who have surged into the spiny mess at least a safer way out.

As Daski swaggers past with the small dead thing dangling from his staff, Ayish humbly tries to get out of his way.

I do hope that doesn't mean she plunges into the cacti?

Reflex Save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Upon seeing the amazing and unlikely sight of a goat upon a lion along with Markhet, all Ayish can do is smile and bow deeply to show her admiration for the perky little Gnome.

She will calmly await the others extricating themselves from the cacti patch through the path and follow every one back to camp, falling in at the rear of the line.

Seeing the hurt done to her brother Ayish winces and does her best to help him with removing the painful quills as they travel.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Watching the scene with the goat, Lion and Marhet all Celena can do is mumble a quick "With any other group that might seem a little strange." Before beginning to follow after them


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena gathers the wounded adventurers together and calls down the healing of the All-Seeing Archmage upon them all

channel energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4
more channel energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4


"Markhet is very happy," Markhet says when she rejoins the group, "she and Larrs rescued the goat and slayed the vile monster that took him. She is pleased with their success but perhaps someone could take the goat now. Markhet trusts Larrs to behave himself but it wouldn't do for the other animals to see this sight. One might think Larrs is tame and that wouldn't do."


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk retrieves his dagger, and walks over to kick the dead pugwampi before Dashki picks it up to put on his staff. A scowl briefly crosses his face, before he brightens a bit and walks over to Markhet as she rides Larrs with the goat.

"Me think you did excellant job, friend Markhet! Me thinks all of us would have hard much harder time taking care of these things without you!"

Every so often, the goblin's eyes stray over to the goat, and an astute observer can even catch him licking his lips once or twice.

Qadira

Mamood, the large blue humanoid traveling with Xerxzayas,comes over to Markhet and Larrs,"I can take him if you want." He holds out his hands expectantly. It is the first time any but Ayishi has heard him speak. He speaks softly yet his voice carries well. He has a very fluid cadence when speaking.


Markhet looks up at the large blue humanoid.

"Um, hello," the gnome says, "we haven't been introduced, this one is called Markhet, and she would very much appreciate your help. This is Rombard and Markhet would ask that you be very careful with him. He is a prize goat after all."

The tiny gnome turns to her friends, her already wide smile seeming to grow wider still.

"Thank you for your praise great summoner, most beautiful singer, and friend goblin! Markhet blushes with your kind words. She will try not to let the praise go to her head. Thank you for dealing with the other creature in the cactus patch. Markhet was very much afraid of their arrows. Larrs isn't invincible and she was afraid the arrows might kill her brave lion."

Sense motive DC 10:

Spoiler:
You get the feeling that Markhet doesn't quite remember everyone's name. There was a distinct pause as she searched her head for Xerxzayas' name. Markhet obviously opted for the descriptive title to avoid using or pronouncing people's names.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena stands there listening before quietly muttering to herself "What am I Invisible?" before continuing on her way


Markhet guilds Larrs to fall into step with Celena.

"Sorry Celena," Markhet says, "Markhet didn't see your contribution, but Markhet is sure it was sizable. You did very good work Markhet is sure."


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish smiles as the various party members finally seem to be 'coming together', but continues to walk along silently bringing up the rear of the line of people. Her course slowed since she stopped to gather as much of the gear and equipment the party had brought/borrowed from the caravan. At hearing Mamood speak to Marhket, Ayish's smile grows a little wider as well.


GM

After arriving back at the camp you are shown in side the tent after leaving your weapons behind. The guard captain seems to linger on Ayish like a man looking at a rapid dog, but allowed her into the tent. This time two guards fallow the group inside and stand an easy reach just within the entry way.

Almah examines the dead pugwami and nods to Daski.'Very well that solves that' She saying waving Daski away with the dead beast. "However this area is likely to house more of the pugwampi was it? There stands an old monastery of Sarenrae just outside of Kelmarane. It would make a much better base of operations , but is undoubtedly inhabited. It will have to be cleared." She looks each of you in the eyes as if examining you for some inner answer to something.

"That will be your first mission, if you come to work for me. As promised those of you who are slaves will gain freedom. Also I offer you 200 gold each to reclaim the village. Are such terms acceptable?"


Markhet doesn't make eye contact with Almah or Garavel

"Markhet will do as the mistress wishes," the gnome says staring at Almah's feet, "but forgive this one for ignorance, but she is to be given her freedom AND 200 gold?"


GM

Almah grins at the little gnome "Yes, your freedom and 200 gold, little one

Qadira

At camp, Rombard is passed back to his owner and the group goes on to Lady Almah's tent. Xerxzayas removes his weapons and lays them on the ground. He and Mamood remain close to Ayish, preparing a spell in case it becomes necessary. Fortunately, they are allowed antother audience with Lady Almah without incident.
At the offer he says, "the ladys beneficence is, once again, obvious for the world to see. what a world this would be if every master and mistress were to look to your example." Xerxzayas bows deeply and Mamood, whose posture mimics that of Lady Almah's guards, nods in respect.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

After arriving back at the camp you are shown in side the tent after leaving your weapons behind. The guard captain seems to linger on Ayish like a man looking at a rapid dog, but allowed her into the tent. This time two guards fallow the group inside and stand an easy reach just within the entry way.

Almah examines the dead pugwami and nods to Daski.'Very well that solves that' She saying waving Daski away with the dead beast. "However this area is likely to house more of the pugwampi was it? There stands an old monastery of Sarenrae just outside of Kelmarane. It would make a much better base of operations , but is undoubtedly inhabited. It will have to be cleared." She looks each of you in the eyes as if examining you for some inner answer to something.

"That will be your first mission, if you come to work for me. As promised those of you who are slaves will gain freedom. Also I offer you 200 gold each to reclaim the village. Are such terms acceptable?"

Feeling a tad bold, Vrealk steps up a bit and declares, "Mistress needs me to clear vermin out of building? That my specialty! Me is happy to do that!" Thinking about it, Vrealk is amazed that his goal of freedom might so quickly (and easily, in his mind) be realized. And with the money, he can replace his crossbow! What some might note is Vrealk's decision to classify creatures that are only a little smaller than him as vermin ...

Qadira

"how much time do we have to prepare, mistress?"


GM

" I would like to start in the morning, I do not like the thought of spending more then tonight this exposed."


"Mistress this one would like to know where she could buy supplies," the tiny gnome feels bold enough to ask, "coin is of little use to her in the desert."


Female Gnome Paladin 5
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
" I would like to start in the morning, I do not like the thought of spending more then tonight this exposed."

"As you wish Lady Almah" Celena replies before heading out to prepare


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

After arriving back at the camp you are shown in side the tent after leaving your weapons behind. The guard captain seems to linger on Ayish like a man looking at a rapid dog, but allowed her into the tent. This time two guards fallow the group inside and stand an easy reach just within the entry way.

Almah examines the dead pugwami and nods to Daski.'Very well that solves that' She saying waving Daski away with the dead beast. "However this area is likely to house more of the pugwampi was it? There stands an old monastery of Sarenrae just outside of Kelmarane. It would make a much better base of operations , but is undoubtedly inhabited. It will have to be cleared." She looks each of you in the eyes as if examining you for some inner answer to something.

"That will be your first mission, if you come to work for me. As promised those of you who are slaves will gain freedom. Also I offer you 200 gold each to reclaim the village. Are such terms acceptable?"

Ayish walks through camp meekly between Xerxzayas and Mamood. Upon coming to the Lady's tent, Ayish does place her weapons upon the ground and walks inside, though as she does so her whole demeanor changes and she holds her head up high and seemingly totally dismissive of the 'extra' guards that her previous performance has attracted.

She stands quietly, listening and watching as the other party members make their statements and pose their questions. She not having anything to add or contribute at this time.

At Xerxzaya's question and the lady Almah's response, Ayish still remains quiet, following her brother and his bodyguard/companion away from the Lady's presence.

Upon reaching the place where they have been bidden to rest for the coming days new travails, Ayish curtains off a small area for her own privacy and begins to get her things in order, starting with a simple sponge bath to conserve water and then going about using her slight magics to mend and clean her fire and combat damaged silks. Through out the whole affair she still remains silent, though Xerxzayas can hear her humming an old tune from their past, the soft sound possibly bringing a smile to her brothers face.

Sorry for not seeming to be 'into' it. Current work schedule is against me here. Am looking forward to being more productive in the next games experience with combat. *bows*


Isn't anyone going to play the greedy mercenary and demand more money? Markhet would never dare but someone else could :P


Male Human Cleric 5

"I am willing to dispose of these pugwampi, my lady, for the glory of Nethys!" N'Djamena bows. "And to revenge the indignities that I suffered in that damnable cactus patch..."

Qadira

"of course my lady. with your leave, i shall retire to prepare for tomorrow's challenges." With that Xerxzayas leaves with Ayish and Mamood following.
Once at their camp area, he helps Ayish set up a private area. "perhaps you should consider wearing something less delicate for tomorrow's outing sister? it is my guess that the old monastery's current inhabitants will resist being evicted. the task my be a bit much for your silks." Ayish knows that Xerx does not like how she dresses. However, where he is normally being the protective brother, this time she gets the feeling that there is concern for the potential dangers they will face tomorrow.
In the mean time, Mamood goes about the camp preparing for the night's rest and Ayish's normal entertainment.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2
Xerxzayas wrote:

Once at their camp area, he helps Ayish set up a private area. "perhaps you should consider wearing something less delicate for tomorrow's outing sister? it is my guess that the old monastery's current inhabitants will resist being evicted. the task my be a bit much for your silks."

While Mamood goes about the camp preparing for the night's rest and Ayish's normal entertainment.

From behind the blanket that has become her screen of privacy Ayish answers quietly, "I wear the silks because across the scorching desert sands they seemed to be the most practical choice. As for any adventure , whether tomorrow or the months ahead, I fear that my normal clothing is all I have. I spent almost all of my money on the simple things that I thought the caravan and our travels would need. The donkey and the large barrel of fresh water. We are in a desert and I thought the more water every one had, the better." She sighs,

"I really am a burden aren't I? Simply no more than some pampered ladies entertainment, a pretty piece of distraction instead of being able to do something useful to help every one else." With a rustle of fabric Ayish peers around the curtain,

"I am sorry, but do you think the others would mind if I just spent this night fixing my silly dress and resting in preparation for to tomorrows exertions?" She looks at her brother with the mixed emotions of worry and uncertainty plainly upon her features.

"Mayhap, with the good ladies money for our payment I can purchase some clothing made of sterner stuff?" She smiles now trying to lighten the mood.

Um, well there is the rub. I never thought of Ayish as being even remotely a combat-y type of character. I had always thought of her as standing back and supporting every one else as best she can with healing and other things. Sorry about that, plus the low HP don't help.

Qadira

"i never called your dress silly. it is fine for performances. i just don't like the way men look at you as you go about your day. i sometimes wonder if you look like our mother. she must have been beautiful. "

"a burden? ha! i wish i had thought of extra water. that was very smart of you. that is why we need you tomorrow, you are wise and think ahead... usually. anyway, you are not a burden nor are you just some pretty lady's entertainment."

This next part he says with emotion. "You are Ayishidaj-bintel-Quivarashidj, the graceful rose. Like every rose you are a beautiful flower with thorns that bite. You will be there tomorrow because you presence will inspire us and I think Lady Almah expects you to come with us anyway." ;-}

He then returns to his precisely spoken monotone. "it is up to you whether or not to perform tonight, but mamood and i will play anyway."


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

After Almah's words about starting in the morning, Vrealk sees the rest of the group start to disperse back outside. Without his own tent, Vrealk goes to one of the fires outside as he does most evenings. Curling up beside one of the camels for warmth (and the fact that unlike horses, they don't seem to mind him much), he reaches into his pouch and withdraws his pipe and packs it full of tobacco. Vrealk lights it, takes a long puff, and settles back against the beast to listen to any music or songs (or just the silent night, if no one plays).


GM

At markets question about supply's Almah gives the gnome a serious look. " No , there is no place to buy supply's other then healing potions Father Zastoran over see the supply of those. But lack of trade is the very reason I have been commanded to reclaim Kelmarane with it's markets reopened trade will once more flow here.

Once you exit the tend your meet by the camel driver Hardrod bows to the party with a look of gratitude upon his face "You saved Rombard! He waves toward his wife back by their wagons " In honor of this Hadrah has prepared you a meal.Domates dolmais,Tabbouleh,Teen Mutabra' and fresh goat milk! Hardrod does not take no for an answer and leas you toward the fire like returning heroes

What the food really is

Spoiler:

Meat stuff tomato,Mint and Parsley Salad, dried figs

what time do you plan to leave the next morning? the monastery is about 2 miles away. Oh and if ya didn't know xp is in my profile

251 to 300 of 4,321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.