Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Seeker's Legacy of Fire

Game Master seekerofshadowlight


151 to 200 of 4,321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

wow, a few folks were busy with the posting last night ...

Vrealk is a little shocked at the various outbursts, but is very concerned about his friend Markhet. He glares at Celena for a moment, wondering how she could be so mean. When he gets a chance (i.e. when no one is paying him any attention again), Vrealk sneaks out of the tent and tries to find Markhet.

Stealth 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26


Markhet isn't hard to find, she is small but the Larrs the lion is quite big. Markhet it curled up between the lions paws.

"They were so mean to Markhet, Larrs," the gnome cries, "first Garaval gives Markhet her weapons and says that she might earn her freedom, but then the guards take her weapons away, and Garavel acts as thrall to the lady. Markhet doesn't understand. Was it all some great joke? Markhet was bought for her skills but Garavel's freeborn laugh at her. The Lady wouldn't even look at this one. Markhet is beneath contempt in their eyes. Markhet will try to stay loyal but they are cruel Larrs, as cruel as any whip . . ."


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk comes upon Markhet curled up by Larrs. Even though he's pet the cat before, he's still a bit intimidated, so doesn't come too close. He hears a bit of her one-sided conversation with the lion, and interjects, "Don't cry, friend Markhet. Me thinks the only reason they make us give up weapons was they was doing their job. They hired to protect Lady Almah, so they make EVERYONE give up weapons." He comes a little closer, and will even put his hand on her shoulder, if she lets him. "Don't let big folk's talk get to you," he adds. "We small ones are usually ignored by them. And be happy they just look down on you; most want to kill me first time they see me!" he laughs.

"Me not sure why gnome Celena was so mean, though. Maybe she just mean by nature; kind of like other goblins, maybe. Maybe she opposite of me - me is goblin who has been told me think like regular people, maybe Celena a regular people who think like goblin!"


The gnome sits up as Vrealk starts talking, eyes wide, listening. When he leans in Larrs begins to tense up but Markhet gently pats his snout and the lion seddels.

"Wow do you think so Vrealk!" Markhet asks, as if some great secret had been revealed, "Markhet was very confused. Why would they trust Markhet to have weapons if they were only to take them away? What could those guards possibly think one so small as Markhet could possibly do to an a big person like Almah? Why would they think Markhet would hurt her in the first place? Markhet spends most of her time with animals. They are easy to understand. Markhet has never met another gnome before but she thinks that if they are like Celena then perhaps they are a wicked race."

Markhet smiles.

"Thank you for coming to explain things to Markhet Vrealk," the gnome stands and gives the goblin a hug, "Markhet thinks she likes this particular goblin very much."


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk is actually shocked at first when Markhet gives him a hug; he's never actually gotten one before. "You welcome," he finally stammers out. "Me like you too, friend Markhet. Me thinks, though, that we should go back to the tent. Get weapons back, and see if some of the rest will help find goat that went missing. Me thinks you found important clue about the dog-man; if we find goat, that maybe help find who started fire. You OK to come back? Me think you and Larrs be best trackers for this; me hear that Dashki-man only look for gnolls, anyway."

Qadira

You might not want to get too far ahead. We may not have been allowed to leave the tent yet.

If possible to do so from where he stands, Mamood will take note of where Markhet went.


"Markhet will go if Vrealk thinks she should," the tiny gnome says, "but Markhet is still nervous to face the lady and Garavel. She doesn't know what they want from her. Markhet didn't think her discovery would have been met with praise or laurels or anything, after all she didn't discover for sure who started the fire, but she had hoped her discovery would have least been acknowledged. After all, Markhet surmises, the two events could be related. Markhet thinks they see her as contemptible. She wonders why Garavel promised her freedom? And she wonders if he still intends to keep that promise?"

She takes a long calming breath.

"Markhet wonders if the guards will even let her have her weapons back. If they refuse it is not this one's place to object, Markhet has faced many bullies in her time, and Markhet fears soldiers most of all. They are in the business of hurting and killing people, and while Markhet isn't afraid for her own sake, Markhet wonders what would happen to one like Larrs or the other animals in her care without Markhet to look after them? Very well friend Vrealk, let's go, Markhet will try to be brave."


GM

While awiting for the tracker, Almah scanes the group and a half smile reaches her lips "Captian, prey tell where did the gobline go?" The man she speaks to looks taken aback, his face flushes for a moment with same before saying "We shall find him at once your lady!'

Almah, nods at that "Do not hurt him, but bring him back. The excited little gnome as well."As the captain leaves the tent to fetch the wayward slaves Dashki arrives. He leans on his staff as Almah repeats what was said about the dog men. Up close you an tell the man is not well versed in personal hygiene. The sour, dirt smell of his cloths hits you, like a meal left to long in the sun

He listens to Almah speak with rapid attention, like a wolf way to intent on it's prey. Garvel gives the man a hard look. One that could kill if the man paid anyone but Almah attention

After she is done he nods his head "Sounds like Pugwampi, we are in Gnoll country. They bring bad luck. The fo--eh Eloais keep aa hundred candles burning. Yes I would say it was indeed Pugwampi's'

Almah seems to sit back in thought before speaking "I have never heard of such a beast, however Eloris was a member of my party and if this thing brought about his death I want it found. She looks to Celena "Your band have come here to work for me. I have a task put before me that must be done. Think of this as a test if you must. Once this matter is solved we can speak of employment. But a member of my party is dead and another has been robbed, this can not go unsettled. do you agree?

The runaways:)

Spoiler:

The captain comes to find you staying well clear of Larres but calling out to you "You two! The lady wants to speak with you at once.

Sense motive on Almah DC15

Spoiler:
She seems honest if determined. You note a sadness in her voice when ever she says Elorises name


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Sense motive

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

"Yes Lady Almah" Celena responds silently relieved that her hunch about the situation may have proved correct.


Markhet seems to shrink when the captain calls out but she reluctantly follows. The gnome looks like someone who has just been condemned.

"Stay Larrs," the gnome whispers over her shoulder, "be good."

When brought into the tent Markhet again throws herself onto the floor but this time it is to prostrate herself in front of Garavel and Almah:

"Markhet is soooooo sorry!" She cries, "Markhet doesn't know what she did but knows she was responsible, she will learn what she did and never do it again. Please don't punish Markhet."


GM

We are agreed then, you and your band will hunt down this pugwampi and bring it here dead or alive She says to Celena

Once Market enters and is crying on the floor Almah motions to her "Raise, Markhet was it? No one plans to punish you. That is not why you are here. Garevl saw something in you. Something I can use, that is why you are here. Your here to earn your freedom, and if you plan to be a free person then you must act it. She stands up and kneels before the crying gnome, taking her hand "We all have things we need to do, and things that make us scared. But you are not a child, and soon to be your own person. An adult and a free person can not throw tantrums when something does not go your way. This you will have to learn"


Male Human Cleric 5

"As Nethys wills it." N'Djamena bows and accepts the commission. "With the aid of the All-Seeing Eye, we will find these pugwampis and punish them for their misdeeds."

Qadira

"mamood has our things outside. if all are ready, we can leave at once. markhet, are you ready? we are depending on you."


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

At the Ladies words to the small Gnome, Ayish's eyes soften some what, though her stance remains rigid and unchanged.

Xerxzayas wrote:
"Mamood has our things outside. if all are ready, we can leave at once. Markhet, are you ready? we are depending on you."

Ayish stays standing beside her brother as the group begins to form itself around this new information.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk of course also accompanies Markhet and the guard Captain. He tries to stand between the gnome and the captain, sort of a reflexive protectiveness. However, upon reaching the tent, he doesn't prostrate himself like his friend, he simply listens to what Almah says, with a happy smile on his face.


Markhet isn't crying, not tears and such anyways, she was obviously quite scared though, and was probably quivering.

"R-really?" Markhet asks, she was so certain that being summoned back was a bad sign The tiny gnome makes her way back to her feet. Perhaps this lady was different.

"Thank you mistress," the tiny gnome says, not making eye contact but looking at the lady's feet, "Markhet will try to do as you say, although she has never been a free person so she doesn't know anything about that, but Markhet will do her best to learn! Markhet didn't mean to throw a 'tantrum' but she was very upset that the mistress's other servant wouldn't acknowledge Markhet's skills. In the service of other masters those without skills weren't valued. Markhet isn't very strong or fast or a very good cook or scribe or maid so she often went hungry.

"Being treated so in front of one who Garavel bows too was simply unbearable to Markhet. How was she to respond? She could never speak harshly to one who is freeborn. But Markhet promises not to protest in the future, she will do her best to quietly endure the slings an arrows of misfortune, but Markhet hopes the master will not forget her tiny gnome. If she cannot fend for herself or protest hash treatment she thinks she may become invisible . . . and Markhet is already very small."

Markhet turns to the others and smiles.

"Thank you," Markhet says to the others, "Markhet and Larrs will track down this goat in no time. Markhet has very good eyes and Larrs has a very good noose. The only trick will be convincing Larrs not to eat the goat at the end. Markhet confesses that this is how she trained Larrs to track and he might think he is tracking tasty goat for eating."


Track by sent: DC 10 for a fresh trail (+2 for every hour the trail has gotten cold)

Larrs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 +2 with an aid other from Markhet


GM

Markhet and Larrs are unable to pick out tracks in the jumbled mess that is the camp, but Lars finds the goats scent very easy, and once he has it he starts out of camp, into the darkened night.

Anyone gonna take some light?


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"What does a pugawimpi look like? Do they operate in groups and are they dangerous?" Celena asks Dashki as she lets Markhet and Larrs track


GM

Dashki spits on the ground then wipes his mouth with the back of his hand "Small, vermin, they have a dog like head stand bout ya tall" He holds his hand about 2 feet off the ground "Worship Gnolls like living gods, but they hate them, Gods know how they hate such vermin. They bring nothing but ill luck they do'


Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Markhet and Larrs try their best but so far are unable to pick out tracks in the jumbled mess that is the camp
Larrs is using his sent ability to track the goat. using his nose not his eyes, though presumably Markhet is using her eyes to keep Larrs on track.
PSR wrote:
A creature with the scent ability can follow tracks by smell, making a Wisdom (or Survival) check to find or follow a track. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10 (no matter what kind of surface holds the scent). This DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the quarry's odor is, the number of creatures, and the age of the trail. For each hour that the trail is cold, the DC increases by 2. The ability otherwise follows the rules for the Survival skill. Creatures tracking by scent ignore the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility.

Markhet wasn't there to hear about the pugawimpi so she has no idea what the others are talking about. It's the goat she thinks they're after.


GM

Sigh I totally overlooked scent, I will go back and edit. Sorry about that and thanks for pointing that out


Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Sigh I totally overlooked scent, I will go back and edit. Sorry about that and thanks for pointing that out

No problem! There are a lot of rules. Ironically I wasn't even going to take a lion when I was first planing the character out but then I discovered that the lion gets the sent ability. I was thinking of taking a Dog.

BTW it'll still going to take a while to find the sent I'm sure, and Larrs is a big kitty still so he'll get distracted, Markhet will be spending most of her time keeping the big cat on track. So there's going to be lots of encounter and interaction time!


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Well.." Celena begins rubbing her chin in thought "if they are small they probably cant travel far especially if they are dragging something the size of a goat with them" She turns and shouts on Markhet "Markhet could you and Larrs have a look around the area just outside the camp?"


"What a good idea," Markhet says, her voice drips with sarcasm, "Markhet would never have thought to look outside of the camp."

I like this Celena/Markhet relationship. I hope you don't think I'm haveing my character make Celena out to be the bad guy. She is quite impish and I'm sure she'll need to be put in her place. I think the no nonsense Celena is the right one to do it.

Markhet creates a light with her druidic magic and circles the camp, trying to find the trail they're looking for, Larrs haply follows more then one trail back to the animal pen before he stumbles across a sent that leads away from the camp. Markhet's tiny voice calls out every time the lion closes in on the animal pen "No Larrs! no Eat! No Kill" she calls, and every time the lion reluctantly turns away to search for a new trail.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"And I thought it was the Goblin that would cause me trouble" Celena mutters to herself whilst watching Markhet work


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

While Markhet, Celina and the rest of the group circle the camp seeking to pick up the trail, Ayish dutifully gathers as many torches as are available as well as at least one lantern and some flasks of oil for it.


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

Vrealk snickers a bit at Markhet's response to Celena, but otherwise stays quiet for now. He considers taking out his pipe for a smoke, but realizes as he's reaching for it that it would likely screw up the lion's scent so leaves it in his pouch. He stays up front, trying to stay out of range of any lit torches or lanterns, as he prefers to use his darkvision.


GM

You make your way from camp, and soon find the craggy hills around the camp are littered with pitfalls and cacti. Markhet and Larrs lead the way with Vrealk skirting the others outside the light of the torches. Dashki follows the group, his staff making a tapping sound that the night seems to devour with hunger. Small sounds come from the shadows around you, somewhere in the night a owl hoots. Then as you near a small cacti covered area you hear a cry, much like that of a small child

Know Nature DC 10

Spoiler:

The sounds is the cry of a goat, and it sounds as it is in pain

Qadira

Know: Nature 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

"i believe that is the sound of our missing goat."


"Markhet thinks he sounds scared," the gnome says, "perhaps there is monsters near by? Markhet will try to calm him."

If this doesn't happen for a couple of days that would be fine


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

*bows in apology* Didn't notice the request for a Knowledge nature check.

Knowledge Nature:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Ayish walks along beside Xerxzayas quietly, her whip again wrapped about her waist, rapier slung across her back. Walking through camp she had kept her head high and her gaze stern. Now, out in the dark and wilderness she seems far more withdrawn and unsure.

At Xerxzayas comment all Ayish does is nod in agreement.

Seasons greetings to all. ^_^


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4

"Me suggest that me go ahead of everyone and scout. Me is very good at being sneaky, and me can see in dark. Me take a look, then come back and tell everyone where goat is and if there are enemies!"

Without really waiting for anyone to respond back, Vrealk takes off ahead of the rest, following the sound of what Xerxzayas says is the goat. He uses no lights, and moves carefully.

Stealth 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23

Qadira

Not looking at anyone, Xerxzayas remarks, "yes, perhaps we should learn from our previous scenario and let vrealk scout for us." Then he looks at Celena, "wouldn't you agree?"


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Huh Oh uh yeah sure"


"Markhet is confused," the gnome mutters, "what previous scenario?"


Male Human Cleric 5

"I don't care who scouts; just someone please take a look."


GM

You watch as Vrealk vanishes into the night. All you hear it the cry of the goat somewhere ahead of you.

Also from here on out roll 2 times for all rolls but damage. Skills, attacks and so on

Vrealk

Spoiler:

As you slide away from the others into the darkness, you leave the light well behind as you move toward the sound, but you see nothing, about 80 feet in front of the others, the cacti grow so dense, its like a wall of the prickly things, as far as you can see nothing but cacti. You see no clear path though but maybe if really slow you could get though

To pass though I'll need an acrobatics check. And from here on all roll twice for all rolls but damage. I'll need another stealth roll as well


Markhet hops off of Larrs and gathers up some small stones from the ground. Then, after climbing back into her saddle, Markhet begins casting light on each stone till she has a small glowing pile in her hand. She then pulls out her sling and casually begins lobbing light stones out around were she believes the noises are coming from to light up the area.

Qadira

Xerxzayas takes a step closer to Markhet after she throws the first stone, Mamood moves to stay close him. "markhet, what you are doing is very smart, but vrealk wanted it to be dark as he was scouting. he can see very well in the dark and it helps to keep him hid. why not pass the stones out to the rest of us, then when the time comes all of us can make sure they are spread out to light up the area?"


"Markhet thinks hiding is easier when there are shadows," the gnome says as she begins counting out stones, "the darkness isn't really one big shadow this gnome has learned. Markhet's lights aren't very big. They only light up a small area, so seeing as Markhet thinks that her goblin friend will likely take a wide circle around the goat first to see if there is anything for him to see, Markhet thinks that lighting the area that is really near the goat will make things easier for Vrealk to see and if Vreak see it and reports back to us it won't make any monsters suspicious if Markhet suddenly lights up the area."

Markhet hands Xerxzayas stones for everyone.

"But Markhet has been wrong in the past. She will head to the wisdom of others."

Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:


Also from here on out roll 2 times for all rolls but damage. Skills, attacks and so on

Seeker:

Spoiler:
Could you check if it is for everyone? I did read this adventure when it first came out (mainly because Erik kept coming to chat not too subtly looking for feedback) and it seems to me that there are certain creature types that are immune to that aura. I thought animals were one but it might not effect summons as well. I can't remember and I'm not going to go back and look now that I'm playing the game!


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Ayish calmly awaits for things to develop, still holding the supplies people asked for.

Perception Check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Perception Check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Hmmm, well it's either a crit or still a fine score. Rather wasted on looking at a patch of cactus though.....


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

You watch as Vrealk vanishes into the night. All you hear it the cry of the goat somewhere ahead of you.

Also from here on out roll 2 times for all rolls but damage. Skills, attacks and so on

Vrealk
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Acrobatics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Acrobatics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Stealth 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


GM

Merhket goes about throwing glowing rocks into the cacti, some going well off coarse and one almost smacking N'Djamena, in the back of the head as it bonces off the ground in a fit of bad luck

Her rocks allow you to now see your at the edge of a large cacti field. But your goblin companion is no were to be seen, and now you have little islands of light in a sea of darkness and shadow

Vrealk

Spoiler:
You move though the cacti at half speed, slowly working your way past needles the size of the daggers you carry it seems. But you make it 15 feet into this field, you can see about 10 feet from you what looks to be the goat frantically moving around the in a clearing. He seems to be tied to a large cacti
You need to make 2 stealth rolls as well, I made your 2nd one for you this time


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

Merhket goes about throwing glowing rocks into the cacti, some going well off coarse and one almost smacking N'Djamena in the back of the head as it bonces off the ground in a fit of bad luck.

Her rocks allow you to now see you're at the edge of a large cacti field. Your goblin companion,however, is not in sight; and now you have little islands of light in a sea of darkness and shadow.

Ayish smiles at Markhet's antics, though she hides her amusement at N'Djamena's potential predicament well,

Diplomacy Roll:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Diplomacy Roll:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

"Here." She offers the extra torches and oil to add to their burning. "Let us use these to add to Markhet's light." She pauses then adds,

"Did any one notice just how strangely Markhet's rocks bounced? I don't think our enterprising little freind should have been that comical." She winks at Markhet to show she did enjoy the show. :)


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena rubs the base of her palm into her forehead as she silently prays to Sarenae for patience

Seeker

Spoiler:
Celena has low light vision can she see any further into the field?

Qadira

Xexzayas tosses one of the light rocks that Markhet gave him. "let's see how well i do."


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

Merhket goes about throwing glowing rocks into the cacti, some going well off coarse and one almost smacking N'Djamena, in the back of the head as it bonces off the ground in a fit of bad luck

Her rocks allow you to now see your at the edge of a large cacti field. But your goblin companion is no were to be seen, and now you have little islands of light in a sea of darkness and shadow

Vrealk
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Vrealk cautiously approaches the goat, trying to keep an eye out for anything that might have brought it here and tied it up. He'll slowly draw out his dagger.

Stealth 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
Stealth 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Human Cleric 5

Note: If Merkhet is casting Light, it's only possible to cast it on one stone. Check the PFRPG description for details.

N'Djamena also casts a prayer of Light on a stone and hurls it into the darkness.


SDR wrote:
You can only have one light spell active at any one time. If you cast this spell while another casting is still in effect, the previous casting is dispelled. If you make this spell permanent (through permanency or a similar effect), it does not count against this limit. Light can be used to counter or dispel any darkness spell of equal or lower spell level.

Ratts! when it was made into an orison they added that little blurb to prevent people from doing what Markhet was going to do :( Damn you Bulmahn! Time for a little re-con: Markhet will still do the same thing, except this time she doesn't enchant all the stones in her tiny hand, and when she fails to light up the goat she enchants another stone and continues launching until the area with the goat is at least semi lit.

"Markhet is confused," she says as one of her stones nearly nicks N'Djamena, "She isn't that bad of a shot! Sorry priest of Nethys! Markhet wasn't aiming for you! Markhet finds she is having very bad luck all of a sudden. It is not just Markhet's usually steady aim that is off. Stones take such odd bounces. just now a stone nearly slipped from her nimble little hands and another somehow popped out of her sling prematurely. Such things are unnatural! Markhet is worried. Perhaps this place is cursed?!"

Markhet wasn't around for Dashki's talk about the Pugwampi so this would be as good a time as any for someone to remember about the unluck aura ;)

151 to 200 of 4,321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.