Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Seeker's Legacy of Fire

Game Master seekerofshadowlight


51 to 100 of 4,321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

GM

Ayish

The older man taps his chest and nods his head at you "I am Farther Zastoran Priest of Nethys and healer of this expedition. I can tell by you speech and your movements You seem to be cultured. sigh...something a bit lacking with this expedition. Are you skilled in the Raqs sharqi?[Belly dance more or less)'

Spoiler:
You detect noting untruthful about him

The wagon folk

You make at little about the wagon, it's all in ruins and not much seemed to have survived, it might be possible for some things to be left unburned if you wish to dig though and see. Mamood does inform Xerzayas that he sees no signs the dead man fought, it looks like he was on his bed and put up on fight, if there was one. Celena and Vrealk see nothing but ash.

N'Djamena tries and look for tracks around the wagon, but the fire, and water have eases any tracks that may predate the fire.

N'Djamena

Spoiler:
Off to the side you see a man staring at the group as it looks over the wagon. He is a younger man, dark skin , blackhair, seems to walk with a limp and carry's a staff. His cloths look in bad shape, dirty rags mostly and he seems intent on what you are doing

Away from the fire the people seem to have split up into groups, The mercenary sit around a fire laughing and being overly loud, while the red platted guards stand out side the tent. A little ways away the old man talks with Ayish and an older couple is by another wagon herding the animals


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
The older man taps his chest and nods his head at you "I am Farther Zastoran, Priest of Nethys and healer of this expedition. I can tell by you speech and your movements you seem to be cultured, sigh...something a bit lacking with this expedition. Are you skilled in the Raqs sharqi?"[Belly dance more or less)'

Ayish nods at the man's words and smiles at his asking about her skills.

"Yes, I have been trained to dance, sing and entertain." A slightly troubled look comes over her features. "In truth, my favorite is the 'Fire dance', but after..." She looks down and sighs, her thoughts obviously on the blaze that has caused so much grief. She looks back to Zastoran,

"Perhaps, over the coming weeks together you can teach me some of the healing skills?" She looks hopeful then, bidding him a good night, Ayish stands and walks over to where the person is whom she cast her healing on, the better to engage them in conversation about what happened before the fire.
Um, to which group did she belong? The Red Guards or the Mercenaries?

Again,
Diplomacy to be 'nice' and gather information:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
SenseMotive to gauge reactions:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Away from the fire the people seem to have split up into groups, The mercenary sit around a fire laughing and being overly loud, while the red platted guards stand out side the tent. A little ways away the old man talks with Ayish and an older couple is by another wagon herding the animals


Female Gnome Paladin 5
Vrealk wrote:

Vrealk sees Celena and N'Djamena head to the wagon, and follows, saying, "Me help you! Goblins know much about fire."

He'll begin looking around the wagon as well, and also peek into the remains of the wagon itself (assuming it's cool enough).

Perception 1d20+5

Celena gives the Goblin a strange look as he (In Celena's mind at least) Says the part about fire with a little bit to much enthusiasm. "U'h okay you do that I'll go have a word with the mercenary fellows over there." She then proceeds to walk over to the merc's


Male Human Cleric 5
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
N'Djamena** spoiler omitted **

N'Djamena hails the shabby, dark-haired young man in a friendly manner. "In the name of Nethys, the Great Scryer and Archmage, all-knowing, all-seeing -- hello, brother! My name is Brother N'Djamena. Did you happen to see how the fire happened?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


GM

Ayish

Spoiler:

You are with neither group
Father Zastoran smiles at Ayish before beginning "Of coarse, I was reading by the fire, assorted works of Bellianais but those ruff ens were a bit to loud for my tastes '[b] He says pointing to the six mercenary's by the fire [b]"I had given up and was on my way toward my wagon when the fire broke out in Eloais's the man was a charlatan and the Princess is better off without him, but she did seem fond of him. Charlatan or not the man was Intelligent and well traveled. Not a one of these louts can discuses the music of Absalom or the poetry of Bellianais, I will miss him" He looks over to the far side of the camp where a younger man in rags, standing with a walking staff looks intently at the folks around the wagon "That one however was not by the fire, no one with healthy desires sulks around a pretty woman they way he does: who knows what a scoundrel like him is capable of ?'

Celena

Spoiler:

They give Celena a once over, and she catches a size joke being whispered. "Ah playing investigator now are we? One of them says with a laugh, someone else calls "it's all there good for" which brings another round of chuckles 'Go , go ask what you come to ask, the man again says with a grin.

N'Djamena

Spoiler:

"I saw nothing' With a dismissive way of his hand. From this close you can tell the man had a loose relation ship with hygiene ""I was elsewhere scouting, gnoll country"


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena begins to wonder if maybe she should have brought the goblin along with her "Well I was wondering what you were all doing and what you all saw just before the fire broke out?"


GM

Celena

Spoiler:
"Oh that, we are hear, eating, drinking a bit. The priest was over there reading one of his much loooved books He says with a snort, letting you know what he thought of that. "The weakling was in his wagon, didn't see him before." Shrugging his shoulder he goes on"The weak die out here, one way or another"


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"You never saw anyone else?"


GM

" Well we never saw Dashki tonight' Another merc says " Probably spying on Almah"...a 3rd says with a laugh "Trying to catch her undressing he was , stares at her like a moon struck calf" to which all 6 crackled with laughter


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Who's Dashki?" she asks

Going to use detect evil on this lot


GM

"The mighty gnoll hunter" they say with yet more laughter pointing across the camp to a man in dirty raggedy cloths leaning on a walking staff" He may have more fleas then the gnolls he supposedly is an expert on"

Spoiler:
You detect no evil aura within them


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

Ayish

Spoiler:
You are with neither group

Father Zastoran smiles at Ayish before beginning "Of coarse, I was reading by the fire, the assorted works of Bellianais, but those ruffians were a bit too loud for my tastes," He says pointing to the six mercenary's by the fire "I had given up and was on my way toward my wagon when the fire broke out in Eloais's wagon, the man was a charlatan and the Princess is better off without him, but she did seem fond of him. Charlatan or not the man was intelligent and well traveled. Not a one of these louts can discuses the music of Absalom or the poetry of Bellianais, I will miss him" He looks over to the far side of the camp where a younger man in rags, standing with a walking staff looks intently at the folks around the wagon "That one, however, was not by the fire; no one with healthy desires sulks around a pretty woman the way he does: who knows what a scoundrel like him is capable of ?"

Ayish listens patiently and with good grace as the Father talks. She makes no comment and shows no emotions upon her face at the Fathers summing up of the deceased and what the good father thought of them. She looks to where he points towards the mercenaries, nodding at his comment-though again her face remains neutral-then looks as he points towards the figure standing by themself,

Perception Check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

As she notes N'Djamena talking with the figure, she nods and smiles bidding her good night to Father Zastoran then walks towards Celena Ashram and the mercenaries.

Um, it was one of the mercenaries that rescieved all the healing, yes?


GM

Two of them infact. There are 3 male and 3 female mercs. You healed one, as the good farther worked on another


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena begins to head over but seeing N'Djamena already talking to the she decides to let him handle it although she does watch him for a bit

Detect evil on Dashki


GM

Celena

Spoiler:

You detect no evil aura in this one


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena begins to check all the other members in the camp for any unusual aura's Occasionally asking one or two what they were doing and what they saw.

Detect evil on pretty much everyone in the camp


GM

Celena

Spoiler:
No one pops up as having an evil aura


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena more than a little confused by the situation decides to go see if she can speak to Almah


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Two of them intact. There are 3 male and 3 female mercs. You healed one, as the good farther worked on another

Ah yes, thank'e

Ayish walks over to the mercenaries, though the sounds of their humor does sound a tad coarse to her ears, Ayish continues to keep her face calm and neutral as she approaches.

"Good evening," She offers a semi-formal bow to the group before looking for the mercenary who's recovering from Ayisha's hasty healing ministrations. She nods politely in passing to Celena Ashram.

Perception Check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
just in case Ayish can't tell them apart. :P


thread monster strikes again! :(

Markhet uses Animal Empathy to try to calm some of them down. Then she uses her natural speak with animals racial ability to question them.

Animal Empathy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4
Celena Ashram wrote:


Celena gives the Goblin a strange look as he (In Celena's mind at least) Says the part about fire with a little bit to much enthusiasm. "U'h okay you do that I'll go have a word with the mercenary fellows over there." She then proceeds to walk over to the merc's

Seeing nothing of interest around the remains of the wagon, Vrealk stands for a moment with his hands on his hips, unsure of what to do. He notices Celena talking with the mercenaries, and Markhet dealing with the animals. Although Markhet was certainly the friendlier one, Vrealk knew he wouldn't be very good at calming animals, especially considering how dogs and horses reacted to him. Seeing Celena leave the mercenaries with what seems like a strident purpose, Vrealk decides to tag along behind her.

"Hi, gnome ... friend?" he seems to ask. "Me never told you my name. Me Vrealk. Did the humans give you good clues? Me will help you look for more!"


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena looks Vrealk over as if trying to confirm in her mind that he is a goblin and not a halfling or Gnome in a very realistic costume.

"Uh well Go-er I mean Vrealk they don't seem to have seen much of anything I was about to talk to Lady Almah to see if she or her guards saw anything. You can come if you wish although it may be best if you let me do the talking." Celena begins to head towards Almah's tent before suddenly stopping and turning back to him "Oh where are my manners my name is Celena, Celena Ashram."


Male Human Cleric 5
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
"I saw nothing' With a dismissive way of his hand. From this close you can tell the man had a loose relation ship with hygiene ""I was elsewhere scouting, gnoll country"

"Oh...did you find any? Do you think that gnolls could have done this?"

Qadira

Xerxzayas comes up to them at the end of their introductions. "And I am Xerxzayas. This is my companion, Mamood. May we join you?"He speaks in a monotone with each word precisely enunciated.


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

*Bows* I apologize for not being able to post full replies over the next coming days. Real Life has gotten suddenly full. Shall keep watching and posting what I can. *Formal bow* Again, much apologies.


Female Gnome Paladin 5
Xerxzayas wrote:
Xerxzayas comes up to them at the end of their introductions. "And I am Xerxzayas. This is my companion, Mamood. May we join you?"He speaks in a monotone with each word precisely enunciated.

"Sure the more the merrier I suppose" Celena responds whilst secretly thinking of how strange a group she had gotten involved with


Male Goblin Fighter 1 / Rogue 4
Celena Ashram wrote:

Celena looks Vrealk over as if trying to confirm in her mind that he is a goblin and not a halfling or Gnome in a very realistic costume.

"Uh well Go-er I mean Vrealk they don't seem to have seen much of anything I was about to talk to Lady Almah to see if she or her guards saw anything. You can come if you wish although it may be best if you let me do the talking." Celena begins to head towards Almah's tent before suddenly stopping and turning back to him "Oh where are my manners my name is Celena, Celena Ashram."

"Ok!" Vrealk responds happily. "Me let you do the talking, Celena."

Vrealk falls into place behind Celena and accompanies her to Almah's tent.


GM

Ok guys am back shall we get rolling

Markhet

Spoiler:

You manage to track down the last of the animals as the two herders finish, Hadrah and her husband Hadrod. And as Hadrah thanks Markhet, Hadrod seems distraught as his prize goat is not among those animals rounded up

N'Djamena

Spoiler:

Dashki seems to shift a little"No, I found nothing" With a confidant look he goes on"If gnolls did this you would have saw, many bodies would lay on the ground"

Ayish

Spoiler:

Greetings one of the mercanrys say, as he nods his head at you. You recognize him as the burned man from before. "It seems myself and Kallien' He says pointing to a woman with short cropped hair "Owe you for the healing, I am Trevvies and I lead this bunch of sellswords. Should have known the good father wouldn't be much help" He says with a harsh laugh "The man guards his potions better then a rich man guards his daughters virtue" A few snorts go up from around the group at that

Celena,Vrealk and Xerxzayas

Spoiler:
As you near the tent the four red platted guards stand in front. As you move to enter , two of the gaurds move in front of the entrance, blocking you. With a glance to each of you eyes staying on both Vrealk and Mamood one of the speaks "One does not simply barge in on the princess unannounced.' He says with a cold look in his eye. With a careful look you can see the disciplined stance of the guards and can't help but feel they would fall upon you at a moments notice. These four seem a cut above the 6 you left at the fire


WB seeker. I hope everything is okay.

"Markhet understands," the gnome says nodding solemnly, "when she is done with her investigations she will look for your goat. Markhet was just about to ask the animals what they saw but Markhet supposes that she should ask the animal's keepers first. She would like to know if they saw anything. Markhet thinks there are people that can't be trusted in this camp otherwise her master would not have one so small asking questions to those that are so big."


GM

Markhet
Hadrod wails "But I am Rombard's keeper!' His wifes seems to comfort him "Poor Rombard, Hadrod raised him he did, a very good goat he is' Hadrah goes on "I wouldn't be surprised if that scoundrel roasted him and eat hims I wouldn't! At which point her husband makes a gasp at the thought


"Markhet wonders who the scoundrel is," the gnome says looking between the two, "her group has only just arrived! Is there a scoundrel that Markhet should be made aware of?"

Qadira

"Then announce us. We have been tasked with investigating the fire and need to interview your mistress."


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Greetings one of the mercanrys say, as he nods his head at you. You recognize him as the burned man from before. "It seems myself and Kallien' He says pointing to a woman with short cropped hair "Owe you for the healing, I am Trevvies and I lead this bunch of sell-swords. Should have known the good father wouldn't be much help" He says with a harsh laugh "The man guards his potions better then a rich man guards his daughters virtue" A few snorts go up from around the group at that.[/spoiler]

Ayish lowers her eyes at the man's uncouth turns of phrase, but doe not back down nor blush,

"I am glad to have been of even a little help." Again she nervously straightens her scorched silks, "During the confusion of the fire I was too busy trying to help with the buckets and such, while before arriving my companions and I were too far distant. Tell me, did any of you see anything strange or odd about the camp before any one noticed the fire?" She pauses,

"Um, who did see the fire first?" She adds after some more though as she looks from one mercenary to another.

Diplomacy to be friendly:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Perception to notice anything:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Sense motive to gauge their reactions:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

A very warm welcome back Seeker.

Qadira

Just thought about making a diplomacy roll for my request
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"May we please see the mistress." Celena adds

Aid another diplomacy

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena thanks Dashki and rejoins the other adventurers.


GM

Markhet

Spoiler:
"Surrly there is ,! I would bet Dashki did in Eloais himself to remove a rival She goes on in whispered tones " We knew him from back Solku-way He used to take rich folk into the scrublands to hunt up Gnolls like trophies. Most folk here don't trust him. Especially with the way he leers at Lady Almah, mouth watering like smelling a fresh steak

Ayish

Spoiler:

Trevvies speaks with a bit of a laugh. [b]"Notice the fire she says. Sure we noticed it. The Good Father"
he says with a sneer " Was sitting here reading acting like he is better then other folk." One of the other men starts to speak "I bet the good princess be missing ol' Eloais mighty hard come sundown' Which sets off a set of cackles among the fire

Everyone else

Spoiler:

The Guard seems unmoving,like staring into the face of stone." You will leave your weapons here. And the Jann and stays out here. Keep your Pet on a leash" He says with contempt aimed at Vrealk as another man, with his nod moves into the tent to announce you


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2

Looks demurely towards the DM and awaits her information patiently. *bows*


GM

Ayish

Spoiler:

Trevvies speaks with a bit of a laugh. "Notice the fire she says. Sure we noticed it. The Good Father" he says with a sneer " Was sitting here reading acting like he is better then other folk." One of the other men starts to speak "I bet the good princess be missing ol' Eloais mighty hard come sundown' Which sets off a set of cackles among the fire

You sense little, but they do seem to dislike, both the good farther and the dead man,


Female Suli Bard 3/ Wizard 2
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:

Spoiler:
Trevvies speaks with a bit of a laugh. "Notice the fire she says. Sure we noticed it. The Good Father." he says with a sneer " Was sitting here reading, acting like he is better then other folk." One of the other men starts to speak "I bet the good princess be missing ol' Eloais mighty hard come sundown!" Which sets off a set of cackles among the fire

You sense little, but they do seem to dislike, both the good farther and the dead man.

Ayish keeps her eyes demurely down cast as the men speak, keeping her own feelings at their comments about the departed to herself. She nods then moves over to Trevvies and Kallien, speaking qiuetly.

"I have no formal training with the healing arts but should either of you feel any more pains from your ordeal, then I'm sure others of my traveling companions might be able to help sooth your ills." She smiles demurely at them both,

"I am glad to have helped in even a little way at keeping you both safely upon the sands of life." She blushes slightly, then bowing she backs away a little before turning and walking towards Xerxzayas and the others with him.

*bows in thanks to the DM.*

Qadira

Xerxzayas silently complies with the guard's demand. When he finishes disarming himself, he just nods to Mamood and waits patiently to be led into the tent.

Mamood takes his master's weapons and moves a few paces away, depending on the link shared with Xerxzayas to warn him in case of trouble.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena complies with the guards demands before entering the tent


Male Human Cleric 5

N'Djamena disarms himself as well before entering the tent.


GM

As you give up your weapons and enter the tent you get your first look inside. You can tell that Almah travels in style at lest, the tent is large, rugs cover the ground and tapestry and bead-work the walls. A small table of fine wood sits to one side and large stuffed pillows cover the sitting areas. It is at the large table the Almah and Garavel sit as you enter. He motions for you to step forward and begins to speak 'Have you spoken to everyone? And have you some ideal of what has happened? Or do you need something else?


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Well we have still to speak to Lady Almah here and her guards outside to see what they saw. I do have some theories on what might have happened but I would rather make sure I have spoken to everyone first."


GM

Almah looks to Celena and speaks "Well I am the one who asked you to get to the bottom of this, so ask what you will"

Qadira

In his clipped monotone, Xerxzayas adds, "it would help if you were to give your guards leave to speak with us, my lady. i fear that they would otherwise be reluctant to give us any information at all."


GM

"My guards will tell you whatever you wish. I will inform them as you leave. Anything else?


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Well we were wondering if you saw anything odd or suspicious just before the wagon fire broke out"


GM

'no I was in here alone, contemplating Eloais last reading. They have been growing more grim of late. His last reading centered around the cyclone. A card the portends death by fire and schemes of powerful evil" With a said look in her eyes she says 'death by fire was all to right it seems"

51 to 100 of 4,321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seeker's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.