Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath

Game Master Kybryn


401 to 450 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

"The security of our headquarters is obviously compromised. However, confronting Saul may allow the Shin'Rakorath, us, to recover their investment in the property from 2 months ago. So we should remember this bright side, it is likely a substantial sum."

"Kwava's role remains questionable. Saul, having the support network of this larger unknown organization, is likely to have him made. Kwava's confidence at fooling them into simply being a rich elder buyer is perhaps a sign of this organizations' attempt at a new, broader sensory organ."

"On the other hand Kwava could indeed be acting as a double agent. If so I think it would certainly be wise, or at least prudent, to conceal this avenue from us. He would then be protected in an event such as this one."

"It might be a good idea to know exactly what we meant to Saul when we walked in and talked to Kwava. How did Kwava explain us to Saul, I wonder? We may never know for certain."

"Why don't we see if this one knows if Saul was collaborating with Kwava at the Gold Goblin in a way related to their gang?"

Qadira

The wererat is now full conscious, though in a bit of pain.

what's your guys' next move here? Just direct me


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Captive writhing in pain, begging for mercy? Sounds like a job for Wasp.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp takes one of the silver arrows to use as a threat, and then mutters a prayer to Calistria, as she crouches down and lays a hand upon the wererat.

Casts Interrogation. Wererat gets -4 to Bluff, and if he lies will take 1d4+3 damage (Fort save DC 14 negates damage).

She smiles at him.

"Now then, my little rodent. I've just cursed you in the name of the Goddess of Revenge. If you lie to me, it will be... unpleasant." She holds up the arrow so he can see the silver head, and touches it. "And that unpleasantness will be just the beginning of what I can do to you."

Intimidate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"Who sent you to kill us?"

Qadira

Private:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Briggs quickly speaks up
"I'll spill what you want. Y..you just gotta let me split, square?"

Briggs looks around at you and continues
"Alright, so here's the skinny: Gage rounded up the crew and privy'd us about Z getting word about some new scabs forming in town. Said he wanted 'em picked. Said we could wipe the bleeds if wanted. That's all I know about you guys."

Fortitude negates completely from what I see on the spell description


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Ah, I may have misinterpreted due to the way it was worded. But, yes, it looks like that is indeed the case. My bad!


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Maybe ask more about "Z", race/gender/location, etc. Maybe the name of the gang, Saul's position in the gang, I don't know. Looks like were probably not going to get much.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den busies himself with the retrieval of arrows, disposal of the dummies, and general cleanup of the site. He knows what is going on with the questioning but does not want to be part of it.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Running out of things to clean up, Den call out quietly, but impatiently Finish it already.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Fading to black as Vhalas crosses his arms and watches Wasp produce several needles, knifes and a small hatchet from her backpack...

As the were-rat writhes on the ground in pain, Vhalas steps forward as Wasp wipes her tools on the ground and steps away from the half conscious thug.

"Alright Wasp, I'll take it from here. Go tell the others that were done. I'll meet you in a moment." Sliding towards the man, Vhalas retrieves two cigarettes from his belt pouch, lighting one he takes a quick drag before using the embers to light the second, then he offers it to the were-rat. "Look mate, I take no joy in this I'll tell you that much now. And for the record its better that I do this then she does. Trust me on that. Thief to thief, you know there was only one way this could have gone down. I don't like it, but its either you or me, and on another day the roles could have been reversed. Still, scoundrels honor, you got a wife? kid? Let me know now and i'll do my best to pass on a message. You got my word on that once my job here is done." Vhalas waits for a response. "Right then, I'll make it happen. You see Pharasma, tell her I did you a solid when I could have left you to the bugs. Savvy?"

Sliding out his Silver Shortsword in a Fluid Motion Vhalas runs it into the were-rats jugular. As the blood sprays out onto the ground, Vhalas stays by the lycanthropes side until he stops shaking. Done with the grim deed, he rises, wiping the blood from his sword off onto the ground and walks back to the group. As he flicks the rest of the cigarette over his shoulder he turns to Dendarial. "Lets get hell out of here. Its been a long day"


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Ha! Was writing about another question, but you trumped me. ;) S'all good.

Vhalas wrote:
"Alright Wasp, I'll take it from here. Go tell the others that were done. I'll meet you in a moment."

Wasp's expression is grim as she drops the bloody arrow into the water and wipes her hands on the whimpering rat's tunic. When she rises, her smile reappears, and she gives Vhalas a wink.

"Don't be too long."

She saunters back to the others and gives Dendarial a pointed look.

"I'm sorry, but some things need to be done right, and it takes a bit of time. Vhalas is right behind me, and we'll be able to clear out of this cesspool."


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Wasp I assumed a goodly amount of time went by and you were able to get all of the questions Drider would have allowed. Sorry! My intent was not to steal your spotlight! =/


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4
Vhalas Rhun wrote:
Wasp I assumed a goodly amount of time went by and you were able to get all of the questions Drider would have allowed. Sorry! My intent was not to steal your spotlight! =/

No worries whatsoever. My own fault for taking so damned long to update. ;)

Qadira

"Ain't no message, just do me in quick."

And so, the last wererat goes down like the others before it.
The four of you make it back to town without delay.

I'm assuming that according to the timeline, Kwava took off before he saw the note, and before the small conversation with the wererat happened. Also, as soon as Talia was done, she split as well on her own, trying to catch up with Kwava.

When you arrive at the Gold Goblin, there is a small fuss going on at the top of the stairs. You see Kwava and two of the guards arguing back and forth. A bleeding gash in Kwava's left arm, and a dagger in his right.

"You worthless humans! I pay you for one thing, ONE THING, to put people down when necessary, and you couldn't even do that with an old fat man."

"Sorry boss... it's just that... it was Saul."

"Enough excuses, I want eyes on Saul NOW. We need to make sure Talia is safe."

Kwava is bright red, and breathing very heavily right now. He seems infuriated about something.

I'll let you play this one out from before you make contact with Kwava


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point
Vhalas Rhun wrote:
... As he flicks the rest of the cigarette over his shoulder he turns to Dendarial. "Lets get hell out of here. Its been a long day"

I'm half way there already Vhalas. he says from the edge of the map. And when we catch up with Saul, I promise not to be as squeamish. The look in his eyes is determined and vengeful.

Looks like you have changed your look. :)


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Yep! Going to go Fighter soon so I decided it would fit the dual class, looks kinda tough!


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

The ranger bounds up the stairs when he sees Kwava's wound. A wand appears in his hand from no where and he casts a spell through that instrument to stop the flow of blood.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

I owed you that one Kwava. Seems all of your hired guns are letting you down tonight. His expression is without mirth. I too would like to lay something on Saul, as I am not fond of people trying to kill me. Where might he be hiding? Pulling people out of their holes is one my specialties.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Following behind Dendarial, Vhalas slides up the stairs, drawing a short sword and positioning himself next to one of the human thugs. "What happened to Talia, Kwava? And how did you get sliced?"

Qadira

Kwava notices the group approaching the stairs, and glances back into the multitude.

As Dendarial heals Kwava, the gash in his arm slowly closes and disappears, leaving only a stain of blood in his armor.

"Thank you, Dendarial. At this point I have no idea, but he won't be back here."

When Talia's name is mentioned, Kwava places his hand over his eyes and says.

"As he was making his way out, he grabbed her and threatened to kill her... I wasn't willing to risk the shot. But he know's better than to keep her for long."

Moments later, you hear a sharp screech coming from above.

"Ganmeed! What have you found?"

Kwava's hawk is flying low, circling over a back alley tucked in between two large buildings only a couple of blocks away.

"FANE, BAVOLIO, I WANT EVERYONE OUT OF THE GOBLIN, NOW. WE'RE CLOSED FOR THE DAY."

Kwava darts in the the direction of Ganmeed, followed by any who choose to go. Kwava easily leads the party through a system of shady alleys and gutted warehouses. As the party arrives, you find Talia unconscious on the floor with a large red mark on her face, but no blood.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den, arrow knocked, begins to scan the area for signs of his quarry and other dangers.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 (+2 for elves)


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Was the imp still in his cage? If it was bound by a geas we could maybe use it to track Saul. Or kill it instantly.

Is Talia's mark a symbol of some sort? If so, linguistics check.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Ziyad knelt and examined the mark carefully. "I used to know a priest around here. He said these Riddleport alleys were like a fold in space where the law of cause and effect doesn't apply. The senseless violence that pours from the gutter, he said, was just that disconnected from civility." He raised his chin up and cocked his head at Kwava. "But then he wasn't a man of the shadows, and his picture of things was disjointed and lame. You had to know about Saul, Kwava. Just what the hell is the true story here?"


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Vhalas shadows behind the group, keeping his short swords out on the ready and eye's constantly watching the groups perimeter. When they find Talia seemingly unconscious with a red mark on her face, Vhalas stony exterior momentary shows a sign of rage and concern before his mask is back up.

"Better start speaking Kwava, I refused to believe that you though Saul was on the up and up. Personally, I think your a little too cagey for that. Whats going on here? Is this a play for the gold goblin or something more?"


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

What was it Kwava? A test of the new recruits gone wrong? Did Saul say he would just test us for you and then decided to kill us? You know more than you are saying. Showing up in the nick of time was no coincidence. I don't believe in them.

The ranger spins in place looking for a target and then scans the ground for tracks and tells of what happened.

Survival Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 +2 for elves

Qadira

@Dendarial
You do not see Saul, or anyone/thing else other than rubble dirt, and a stream of sewage.

@Ziyad
The mark is simply representative of a strong punch in the face. If you followed the party, you did not have time to go into the Goblin, so you're not sure about the Devil.

@Ziyad & Vhalas
While the two of you consider the cause of what happened (play sherlock and watson/search for a conspiracy theory) Kwava quickly bends down and takes Talia in his arms, seemingly ignoring your observations and questions. He slowly moves the hair out of her eyes, and gives her a couple of minor slaps on the face.

Kwava:"Talia, TALIA!"

Talia's eyes open up slowly
Talia: "Kwava? Oh Kwava! You found me. Please help me up."

Kwava: "No, you should sit down for a moment to regain your senses. Are you okay?"

Talia: "Yes, I'm okay, though I think my jaw is a bit sore."

She raises her hand to her cheek and softly rubs it.

Kwava sits her up, and then stands. He looks at Ziyad.

Kwava: "Do you remember I told you I would soon introduce you to my informant? Well that's Saul. He wasn't only my manager, he was my ear to the street. It seems Saul has been working with Ziphras all along... As far as I can tell, he's never crossed me, until now. I have been suspicious of him for a couple of weeks now, as his stories do not always add up, that is why I showed up when I did, and I'm glad I did. I don't believe the dummies were any sort of reaction to you guys showing up early, I think it was an ambush all along. You guys just happened to watch them set the entire thing up. I mean I don't think Saul anticipated you staking out the place... you ambushed the ambush."

After speaking for a few moments, Kwava's adrenaline has come and gone. He directs his attention to Vhalas, and looks him directly in the eyes. With a composed tone, he says:

"Vhalas, your course speech may work against other brutes in this city, but I am not so easily intimidated. Not by your speech, neither by your ability. Do not pretend to be more than you are, as I am the judge of your character and ability in this organization. You show concern in your eyes for Talia, but it ends there. You would rather begin by pointing fingers, and bringing more problems to the table than solutions."

Kwava takes a deep breath

"Now, I sent you into that encounter knowing that there may be some additional risk involved, but I didn't expect him to react this way upon seeing Talia. He must have really been counting on every one of you going down, but he underestimated the Shin'Rakorath. He must die by the hand of a Lantern Bearer."
Kwava's fist tightens

"At this point, I do not think that just chasing him down will be too fruitful. The Goblin is on lockdown, and we will start an investigation there, to see if we can find any evidence of how deep he was involved with Ziphas. I know he didn't have time to tamper with anything he may have had there. We need to hurry back to make sure that nobody touches anything before we get there. I'll answer any more questions you may have once we've locked the place down."


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den nods, accepting the story too easily. His years of taking orders seem to interfere with any natural suspicion of his leader. Talia, stand if you are ready. We will not leave you here, but we must make haste. He stands protectively over Talia until she begins to move with Kwava. The ranger falls in at the end of the group, ever watching. Anyone else in your organization with Saul? he asks Kwava as they begin to move.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp has been with the group the whole time, staying back and quietly taking in events.

Qadira

Kwava: "Saul's discreteness is what I pay him for. I do not know if anyone else in the Goblin is in with him, but they have been his employees for longer than the Shin'Rakorath have owned the Gold Goblin. We need to approach carefully, and be watching our backs at all times for any who know what might have happened and are on his side."


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"So much for your operational security Kwava." Looking hard at the elf Vhalas grimly chuckles. "Look, I get that your the boss but do you really think you can buy someone off and tell him to move out of his own casino? You would need some Starstone size balls and you would still have to have serious collateral on him." Vhalas pauses for a moment, and you can allmost hear the gear's clicking away in his skull. "You must have had some way to ensure that he couldn't or wouldn't be able to take action against you. At least that's what I would do... Regardless, this Ziphras must have something better. I say we take plan b. We go back to the Goblin rolling in hard. We put down anyone who resists and then let Wasp have some alone time with each of them. Someone will talk... they always do."

And so begins the slide towards evil...


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den looks a little pale at that., but says nothing.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4
Vhalas wrote:
"We go back to the Goblin rolling in hard. We put down anyone who resists and then let Wasp have some alone time with each of them. Someone will talk... they always do."

Wasp smiles.

"They came after us, and harmed Talia."

And by Calistria's Poison Stinger, they will PAY for that affront.

She looks to Kwava. "We've been compromised. We need to learn the extent of just how much damage has already been done."


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

"Talia, what happened, who assaulted you? Was someone escaping from the Goblin?"

After Vhalas' plan Ziyad unsheathed his dagger and paced backwards to the nearby wall, tapping the point on his chin. "That devil is an X factor in an assault. Who knows what resources or allies are at its fingertips. I would suggest taking it down as soon as possible while keeping eyes on all the exits...a fight in our face is also a big distraction. We might bar the doors."


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Good point Ziyad, go for the most dangerous targets first. What have your arcane study told you about beasts like that? And Wasp" Vhalas gives her a feral smile. "I couldn't agree with you more. Kwava, what are we looking at? How many people were past employees of the goblin when Saul owned it? Who do we need to be concerned with? Are there any hidden bolt-holes you were able to find, or secret exits? You know the place better then we do. What intel can you give us." Assuming you can be trusted at all. We still don't know who this Ziphras is... it could be a red herring to throw us off. Better stay on your toes mate...


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4
Vhalas wrote:
"I couldn't agree with you more."

He can read body language well.

"It's like you're reading my mind." She grins back at him. "I like it."

She turns to look at Kwava as he suffers a barrage of questions, waiting for their "boss" to offer some leadership.

Qadira

As the party makes it's way back to the Gold Goblin, a smirk appears on Kwava's face.

"And you had me thinking you were incapable of contributing something useful. Your suggestion is sound, but a bit rash. I don't want to lose anyone we don't have to."

Kwava is silent for a moment

"Vhalas, you lead the party in rounding everyone up, there should be 18 on duty today, 19 if you include the Devil, so this will not be a quick process. I'll make sure to inform them of what's going on to start. Wasp will conduct the interrogations, Dendarial and Ziyad stand guard. Wasp, feel free to use any of the others as an assistant. Vhalas, you're responsible for making this work, so last word is yours on the floor. Absolutely no weapons unless there is resistance. We need to be able to bounce back from this. Talia and I will investigate Saul's quarters."

Breakdown of Employees today:

6 "succubi"
2 bartenders
4 varisian guards with large scimitars
6 dealers
1 Devil

Talia responds to Ziyad

"I saw Saul and Kwava having some kind of argument. Saul pulled a dagger on Kwava and cut his arm, and then came bolting out the door. I don't remember much more than that right now. I... Amin hiraetha"

Talia is now sniffling as she tries to keep the pace. Tears run back from her eyes and under her ears.

Kwava responds to Vhalas again

"My inspection of the place left me unaware of any secret or unknown exits, nor have I had reason to suspect any based on any circumstances. As for individuals, I would keep a close eye on the Succubi. Saul spent a lot of his free time conversing with them, at times alone in his office. There's not much more to say other than watch your backs and keep a close eye on everyone."

The party makes it back to the Gold Goblin to find small multitude of angry people at the bottom of the stairs. They seem to be complaining about their money. At the top of the stairs stand Fane and Bavolio, two of the guards guarding the doors.

Kwava: "Easy everyone, we will reconcile your tabs tomorrow. Be on your way."

Kwava makes his way to the top of the stairs

"Fane, is everyone out?"

"Yes Boss, the crew's inside cleaning up. What's going on?"

"A bit of a crisis. Come inside, and bar the doors. Nobody gets in, or out."

(The next part is assuming you all follow inside. Let me know if you take any other actions previous or don't go in at all)

Inside the Gold Goblin:

As the bar shuts, Kwava steps into a now barren Gold Goblin.

"Everyone, gather here. I don't know what got over Saul a minute ago, but we need to put the pieces together. I don't have time to answer all of your questions right now, but I will make sure to do so when we have the time. Right now I need you all to remain here until we've had some time to straighten a few things out. I'm going to let them take it from here." Kwava gestures to the party.

Go ahead and proceed as you would. Wasp, when you're ready to interrogate, I'll create a streamlined process to get it done quickly and efficiently


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

*Sharpens implements of torture.* Just say the word boss! :D

Qadira

Wasp:
The Killer Wasp wrote:
*Sharpens implements of torture.* Just say the word boss! :D

What I want you to do is come up with a list of questions that you'll be asking in general. If you have any specifics for someone or some people I'll pay extra special attention to those people. From there, I'll have you roll a series of whatever relevant checks you would like to roll. I'll then reveal the result of the skill check you used. Lets start with the questions.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Drider & Vhalas:

Wasp would like Vhalas present for the interrogations. He's not opposed to her tactics, and can act as muscle if things get out of hand.

Old tricks are new tricks in medieval times! Wasp will strongly hint that some other co-worker has already sold out the person she's interrogating, and keep them on the defensive. She'll talk to them in an accusatory fashion, suggesting she already knows they're guilty of colluding against Kwava.

That said, she's also pretty smooth, playing good cop and bad cop as needed. She makes it clear there's an easy way and a hard way for her to get what she wants, and she'd prefer to do it the easy way.

Fundamentally, she'll be asking the same questions of everyone.

Questions:
1. How long have you been working with Saul?
2. What did Saul do outside of his work at the Goblin?
3. Who did Saul associate with?
4. Where might he have gone?
5. What do you know of Ziphras?
6. Where is Ziphras?

Vhalas, is there anything you'd like to add?

Wasp is not above cutting deals with those she's interrogating - up to and including agreeing to free the devil if he'll squeal.

She'll start her interrogation with the 6 succubi, then the devil, the dealers, the guards and the bartenders last.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den will stand on a table blocking the back exit to both guard the door and to have a good view of the room.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Wasp & Drider:

No, I think your questions are sound. We might want to mix in some false information into the interrogations though? This is not my strong point, but if someone is tight with Saul, we might want spread that Ziphras is planning to turn on Saul. And we need to find him before Ziphras does? Either way this could turn Saul against Ziphras if he does hear it, and if he doesn't then we lose nothing. My only concern is if we do bring up the name Ziphras, won't that alert him that we are now looking for him? Not sure if you want to mention that name. If I was Ziphras and I was trying to stay under the radar, I would work though Saul. The henchmen would never know their marching orders came from anyone other then Saul. I'll leave it upto you if you want to mention Ziphras. And if you need me to play bad cop I'm on board.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Drider & Vhalas:

Okay, lets hold off on mentioning Ziphras unless someone brings the name up themselves. I'm also cool with giving the impression Saul may be in danger from some other source.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

"Talia. Your memory is supernatural. Your method of recording information is beyond petty scholastics, surely you can recall. Why don't you take some of this fruit juice and concentrate."

Then later...

Ziyad positioned himself upstairs near a glass window to the outside. There, the black rash on the heavens brought back frustrations of his diseased son. In the dead wait Ziyad's mind opened to the harsh reality of his existence; he crouched just below the sill steadying his post. Ostensibly observing the dealers but truly it was the devil that brought him back from distant thoughts.

The imp in its cage was unconstrained. Without Saul, nothing was holding it back...yes, it must be purposely remaining here. Such were the new thoughts of Ziyad.

Qadira

GM:

SHAME ON YOU FOR LOOKING

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Interrogation:

After about three hours of interrogation, you finish with the last of them. First of, here are a few things you learned, in relation to your list of questions:

1. Most of his employees have been with him for at least two years, one of the succubi, Griselda, for over four.
2. You learned from a few of the staff that he spend a lot of his evenings between the Publican House, and some other bar he called "The Hole"
3. Saul was known to associate with many, known to be seen in various parts of town with all sorts of people of different social standing. The word is simply that he gets around.
4. Nobody really has an idea except for Griselda. She mentions that he may have gone to "The Hole", though she insists she's never been there.
5. Everyone know's who Ziphras is in some form or another, he's the filthy leader of the Wererat Gang, commonly referred to "Ziphras and his boys".
6. Nobody has a clue where Ziphras is, though a few of them have seen him around, usually with two or three othere Wererats, though generally in Human form.

Additionally, you learn that Griselda was surely having some sort of affair with Saul, but she continues to deny it. After a while, your sense motive ability allows you to see clearly that she is just embarrassed about it.

You also learn that the imp "Old Scratch" has been in debt to Saul Vancaskerkin for some time now. Saul has no direct relation to the imp, other than the contract that he bought from an old Wizard who pawned off the last year of his contract to him. The purpose of having the imp in the Gold Goblin was to use him as an attraction for an upcoming tournament called “Cheat the Devil and Take His Gold.”. If Old Scratch performed his duties well, his contract would be cut down to just six months left, though at this rate he is worried the tournament will never happen. He is very reasonable in his speech, yet obviously devious. He complains that Saul never feeds him the right kind of food, and that as soon as he's out he intends on having his way with him.

Ziyad:

I don't quite understand your interaction with Talia, did you have a specific goal or request of her? As for the imp, feel free to interact with him if you'd like

Qadira

Talia returns from their search as the interrogations end. She pulls the group together.

"Hey team, nothing solid yet, but Kwava and I have found a few interesting things that we could all look at together. This place is huge, so there's plenty of area to cover still. Kwava wants us all to meet once you're ready."


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

As Vhalas leaves the back room of the bar turned impromptu interrogation room, he leans in towards Wasp and whispers something in her ear.

Wasp:
"I like the way you work Wasp. You let me know if you ever need a partner in the future."

Sauntering away like a cat with a cannery Vhalas flashes Talia a smile. "Good to see you back on your feet. Wasp got some useful information from Saul's old employees, but I'll leave it up to her to go into detail. You said Kwava wants to talk to us? Fine, lets see what he has to say."


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp laughs and whispering something back at Vhalas.

Vhalas:
"I'm always on the lookout for a good partner. Going solo is never quite as satisfying."

She gives him a wink, and follows him to join up with Talia.

Vhalas wrote:
"Good to see you back on your feet. Wasp got some useful information from Saul's old employees, but I'll leave it up to her to go into detail. You said Kwava wants to talk to us? Fine, lets see what he has to say."

"Suffice to say we've got a good lead, but we need to follow up on it before anyone can leak word to Saul." She gestures toward the imp hanging in the cage. "Oh, and that little guy wants to a piece of that bastard, too."


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

DM:
Sorry, I was following this conversation:

Z:"Talia, what happened, who assaulted you? Was someone escaping from the Goblin?"
T:"I saw Saul and Kwava having some kind of argument. Saul pulled a dagger on Kwava and cut his arm, and then came bolting out the door. I don't remember much more than that right now. I... Amin hiraetha"
Z:"Talia. Your memory is supernatural. Your method of recording information is beyond petty scholastics, surely you can recall. Why don't you take some of this fruit juice and concentrate."

I suppose my goal was to find out who hit her face, to try and help her remember.

At Wasps comments, Ziyad interjected humbly "Pardon me, I don't question your interrogation, however certain facts may alter your analysis of the devil that I think might be worthwhile to expound upon. A contract was mentioned. Despite Saul's physical absense the devil would still be bound by him. As lawful creatures, it is against their nature -against their planar substrate, their flesh I mean- to break contract. Such leads me to believe that he is purposely decieving us. He would like us to believe he shares our goals, that he is one of us, that the devil can help us. However it is only a ruse for a later greater and more rewarding betrayal...I'm not the demonologist that Talia is, but I stand by my remarks."

I would vote slaying the devil then going to The Hole.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Not sure the cage even binds that Imp. Slaying him could be hard. Inv. at will, a number of other forms, flight, spells, a poison sting, etc. My vote is to leave him where he is and use him as an untrusted ally as best we can.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

k whatevs, lets go hole


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

If we can find it, seems like its not a commonly known location


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Sounded like the first assignment was to scout this place completely. Den is ready. Not sure what the delay is.

401 to 450 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.