Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath

Game Master Kybryn


351 to 400 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Qadira

OOPS! I'm sorry Den, I meant to edit that, but I forgot. She isn't able to heal you since she's far away.

As soon as den waves his arm and releases the spell, the hawk drops the vial into Vhalas' hand

"It's health restoration potion. You like like you could use it"

Says Kwava as the hawk drops the vial. If you observe it, it looks like a potion of Cure Light Wounds (I assume you've seen one), but the pale red tone is a bit more bold.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

I was hoping it was an alchemist fire. lol


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Drider, how is the Were-rat reacting to my approach, has he dropped his weapon and raised his hands?

"Ziyad, go ahead and put the mannciles on him. Don't try anything funny, or i'll stick you! We clear ratty?

Vhalas will ready an action: When Ziyad puts the silver manacles on the were-rat, if he try's anything such as escaping, or attacking Ziyad, then Vhalas will attack him with his Silver Short Sword. Otherwise Vhalas will hold until after Ziyad has gone.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

So heres a good example of how school has changed my reading/posting. Just seeing this now, sorry guys.

Ziyad intrepidly approached the stinking hulk, clasping his mind-crafted device solidly about the perimeter of the would be prisoner. He remained standing to its side, his hand never leaving contact with his creation. "Just relax and do as he asks...he's killed many for less."

The above assumes it lets me. Here's a strength check for any kind of attitude this son of a b~+&$ is going to give me.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Qadira

I understand! I'm in the thick of it right now too!. Den are you going to take any actions?
Wasp, it's up to you


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Feeling pretty useless right now - lycanthropes were not what I had in any way prepared for. :/ No worries. I'll be useful again when we start questioning him. *evil grin*

Assume for now that Wasp continues to keep the remaining rat covered with her cross bow.

Also, am I still entangled?


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

I was not aware I was up. Den has made his save. released the entangle and moved toward the remaining were. The swarm and the were have not acted since.

Qadira

Ziyad: Successfully chains the wererat

Wasp, yes you're free now.
Den, I don't see a move but sounds good.

Talia: "If I step in, the swarm will surround me. Drink that potion, it should help you!"

Rat (12/20) : "What's goin' on, where are you taking me?"

Swarm (-12) (-16 at end of round): Continues to swarm around Dendarial
1d6 ⇒ 3

Kwava: Takes a few steps in and throws an alchemists fire at the swarm
throw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3x1.5
Dendarial suffers 1 point of fire damage.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Tough Swarm.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Seeing that the wererat is secured Den is now concerned for his own safety and double moves away from the swarm in some direction that avoids difficult terrain. This should put enough space between him and the swarm that they can not reach him.

As he moves he uses his wrist sheath to produce a wand of Cure Light Woulds. Vhalas, if you are not going to drink that potion, I could use it.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

For some reason I though Dendarial was given the potion, not Vhalas

Realizing that he is still holding the potion that was dropped to him by the hawk, Vhalas glances towards the ranger. "Yea sure Den, whatever you want, its all your." With a casual toss (handing, since hes a 5' away (Standard Action)) Vhalas gives Dendarial the potion. "As for you..." Vhalas continues prodding the Wererat with his silver shortsword. "We are going to have a few words. If you answer quick like, then we let you go." Actually, I'm going to stab you and dump your body first chance I get, and if you don't talk, then I'll make it painful before I do. "If you don't... well, I know how hard it can be to be a thief when your missing thumbs, savvy? Lets get you to high ground and out of the water, but while we are walking n' talking mate, how about you tell us who sent you out here with that ugly white wig? Ziyad, you keep a hand on him, right?" Looking around at the mess of body's, Vhalas yells to Wasp. "Hey sweet-thing, go check the body's eh? They might have some info or gear on em!"


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad moved solemnly with Vhalas to the place of the prisoners inevitable death, ever keeping the flank pinpointed on Vhalas' sword. After crunching through the rubble, he had a thought and muttered a strange sounding sentence in a vaguely familiar fashion, seemingly directed towards Vhalas.

The part that stuck out sounded something like "...castle's locked, but not on the opposite face..."

Using bluff to send a secret message to Vhalas via thieves' canter. The message is that perhaps we should gain information about this person to steal their identity and use it for further infiltration purposes.

Bluff (Canter) check:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Ziyad for his part is mentally recording the details of the prisoner's appearance, for later use in spell or disguise craft. He is using a mneumonic device called the method of loci to store this information.

Intelligence check:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Theif's Cant?! Where did he learn that...

Slowly nodding Vhalas takes in the words and wispers to Ziyad "Economical with the truth, the other side"

Prodding the were-rat with his silver sword Vhalas threatens him"I said start talking if you want to make it out of here alive!" Who are you! Who sent you!"


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Just a warning, I believe that swarm is still alive and a threat.

Qadira

Vhalas Rhun wrote:
"We are going to have a few words. If you answer quick like, then we let you go." Actually, I'm going to stab you and dump your body first chance I get, and if you don't talk, then I'll make it painful before I do.

Bluff vs Sense Motive:

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

The wererat is now breathing very heavily, his heart pumping out of his chest. As Vhalas begins to sweet talk the wererat, an increasingly defiant look grows on his face.

"You lying bastard! Gage was right, I am dead either way."

The wererat begins to struggle with Ziyad, attempting to break free from his clutch. Smoke begins to rise from his arms where the silver manacles are placed.

"Aaaarg! The wererat screams in pain as he struggles.

CM Escape Grapple VS CMD 14: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 2 = 20

Briggs breaks free from Ziyads grasp (Muleback cords do not aid w/ combat maneuvers). He makes a jump for it and runs as far as he can.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
(10 foot jump +10 movement=20 feet)

Anybody with a readied attack action against the wererat may take it now. I think that's just you Wasp. Also, if you're within melee range, you may take an attack of opportunity.

Swarm (-16) (-22) at end of round): Continues to swarm around Dendarial
Swarm: 1d6 ⇒ 6
The alchemists fire continues to burn the swarm
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
The swarm is now hissing and making loud screeching noises.
Dendarial, another save please
I'm going to let you resolve your AOO's and prepared actions before Kwava acts.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Guess I may as well try a trip attack, since its manacled it cant get the counter-AoO on me.

As the prisoner squatted into a jump, Ziyad made one swift slice at his Achilles tendon with his oddly curved desert dagger.

Trip Attempt vs. DC 15
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Boo-ya, damn that was lucky

"Know it was you who ended it." Ziyad shouted to the fallen creature.

Qadira

well done!
As Briggs bends down, Ziyad buries his dagger in the wererats ankle. As he attemps to launch himself forward, the searing pain sends him to the floor, knocking him prone.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

I think Den moved too far for the swarm to get to him. That was certainly his intent. I was counting on the swarm only having a move of 20 while his move is 30. If it did indeed get to him he is down 20 hit points out of 25 and in danger of going down. He has not yet taken the potion from Vhalas. It is a move action to do so. I guess I need a map update as I am not sure where people are any more.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Talia's color spray could potentially incapacitate the swarm for a few rounds. I mean I'm not sure any of us would know she had it memorized of course to suggest it. Maybe she would think of it on her own. Maybe she would roll knowledge(nature) then it would dawn on her. Vermin is nature, right?

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Then like I said before she could use her pearl of power and do it again when the effect wore off.

Meh, thats the best solution I can think of for the swarm. Think I'll invest in a scorching ray wand.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Gods below, at least I would have made it quick the first time around. Thief's honor, now you had to go and do something stupid." As the were-rat falls to the ground with a dagger in his ankle Vhalas whips out his silver short sword and drives it towards the back of his kidney.

Attack of opportunity with silver short sword
Attack roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage roll 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5, 4) + 1 = 11


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)
Ziyad wrote:


Meh, thats the best solution I can think of for the swarm. Think I'll invest in a scorching ray wand.

Pretty sure that scorching ray woulden't have worked against this swarm. Had to be AoE effects


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den calls out a reminder. We need one alive.

Qadira

Den that's fine, the swarm will have gone for Vhalas, Ziyad, and the Rat then. LOL this is getting worse and worse.
This means:
-Ziyad and Vhalas both take 6 damage
-Before your next action, I need to you both to make a DC 14 Fort save.

As Vhalas stabs downward, Briggs rolls out of the way, and the tip of Vhalas' blade hits the dirt.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Sorry, brother-in-law is getting married this weekend and it's limited my computer time.

Wasp watches the swarm move toward Ziyad and Vhalas and sighs.

"Right."

She intones a brief prayer to Calistria, then draws her sword and moves to intercept the swarm.

Casts Shield of Faith, moves toward swarm. Effective AC now 18.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

LOL. Well that was not my intent either. But Den was gonna be one roll from unconscious. That is a nasty swarm with so much health. Can't hurt the swarm with weapons Wasp. Stay away from them. I've got no way to hurt those bugs. we need area effects like Alchemist's fire.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Also AC is meaningless against swarm, but thanks for intercepting. Lets just kill the rat and leave, this is retarded. As mentioned the swarm is slow as hell. Or get him below zero and I'll pick him up and we can go talk later.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

As the swarm rolls over Vhalas he tries to sweep them off, and crush them under his feet.

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

But he is overcome with nausea and unable to act.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ok I wasn't sure if Wasp had moved into the path of the swarm before it reached us or not.

fort save:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

The vermin had become covered in the blood and flesh of his allies, and it became too much for Ziyad to concentrate. He faltered noticeably, trying to get his mind to return his body to a normal feeling.

Qadira

Briggs: Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
The shackles have completely disintegrated now. Noticing the panicking elves above him, the Briggs crawls into the water and slips underneath.

Perception - All of you DC 15:

You are able to notice the motion of the water and at moments see parts of his tail and feet above the water. You know where he is.

Swarm: Maintains it's position.

Kwava: Round 3 Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5x1.5 = 7
As the flames begin to disappear, the popping and hissing gets louder, and the swarm dissipates completely.

Kwava takes a 5' step forward, and peers forward to see where the rat went
Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

He quickly notices the wererat wiggling back and forth under the water. He fires his bow

Shot: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Two arrows fly into the water. The water immediately takes on a reddish tint.

12 damage takes the wererat to 0 hp.

Combat time is over, though the clock is still ticking.

:) You've beat the swarm.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

With some help. lol. Den, wounded badly drinks the potion Vhalas handed him, and moves into the water where the wererat went under. Thanks for the help there Kwava. We were not ready for that swarm! I'll fish out the prisioner, if you think we still need one. he comments. Make sure the others are dead. Then lets clean up and get out.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Vhalas will go around to each of the dead were-rats, putting his silver short sword into them, making sure they are dead. While he does this he will fish around in their pockets looking for anything of interest.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad examines the dummies and raft in detail.

Taking 20 for relevant checks.

Qadira

Dendarial has no problem fishing the all but dead wererat from the water. Pulling him ashore onto land, he grabs your arm tightly and begins to talk in a weak voice.

"I... I... this wasn't supposed to..."

Briggs spits up blood and his eyes close

He's at -1 HP
1d10 ⇒ 6

Searching the other three rats Vhalas notices they are all dead already, and is able to find the following:

Loot:

Not including the barely alive rat
Tanglefoot bag x2
Masterwork dagger x3
Light Crossbow with 20 arrows x3
Masterwork thieves’ tools x1
Thieves' tools x2
60 gp

Vhalas:

You find a piece of white parchment in the rat who almost got away's pocket:
Note

Ziyad:

You find that the dummies all have the basic color scheme of wererats, except one of them is sticky with tar and has a white wig on it.

What raft are you talking about specifically?

Kwava"Let's get on with it, we should be on our way out of here as soon as possible. Between the Swamp barracudas and Flesh-Roaches, they should be picked to the bone within 24 hours. From past experience, throwing em in the deeper water should leave this encounter untraceable. As for this guy, what's your plan? Please tell me you have one... You know what, I'm going to leave this to you, I'll be waiting back at the Gold Goblin in my office. Come and see me when you're ready to report your findings."

As he speaks, Kwava's face goes from amused, to serious, to disappointed, to apathetic, in that order. If no questions are asked, he then puts his bow back over his shoulder and begins walking.

Kwava:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

How much healing did that potion give Den back?

Den quickly administers first aide to the dying wererat.

Heal Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

I've stabalized this one. I would like to hear what he has to say. Any way we can offer him his life if he helps us? He will then search the creature for useful equipment and other items of interest.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Speaking so its loud enough for the wererat to here "Sure Den, but you might not like what you see. In fact you might want to leave the questioning to me and Wasp. It's not a insult, but you have a bit of kind heart that doesen't mix well with what is going to have to happen next. On the other hand, mabey he will be smart and tell us what this scrap of paper means? I'm thinking its thief's cant, its really upto him how he goes, if I were you I would save yourself some pain, at least it will be quick if you tell me Everything."

Drider, what skill check should I use to translate the note?


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

The wererat is unconscious and at -1 at the moment. With a 21 heal check I should have stabilized him, but he can't hear anyone. Den was asking if there was a way we could truthfully offer the creature his life IF he fully cooperates, which would likely include leaving he area immediately, and agreeing never to come back. But that might not be realistic, or a good thing to do, as he will likely spread his curse wherever he goes.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Pretty sure he needs to go, don't see any other outcomes to this one.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Not happy about it, but resolved to the situation he decides Get what you can from him, and then end his life quickly with little pain. We lack the resources to cure this man, and cannot put him back into society to spread his disease. From what I have heard there is no turning your life around while stricken with this ailment. Den finishes looting the man, and begins to disassemble the dummies. I wonder about this one. indicating the tar covered one. Was it meant to burn? Maybe some signal?

Qadira

Vhalas:

I'll accept a combination of:

Sense motive, linguistics, or a relevant profession

If Talia can help feel free to run it for her.

Talia- Shaken by the last encounter, Talia is noticeably uncomfortable.

"If it's all the same to the rest of you, I'd like to accompany Kwava back to the Gold Goblin. I'm happy I was able to help, but I need to rest. Do any of you need healing before I leave?

Den:

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 = 10


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Still visibly wounded, Den speaks up. Talia, I could use some before you go. Thank you for the offer.

Qadira

Talia: Casts CLW on Dendarial

CLWx2: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp has wandered over to the stabilized wererat, and is holding her grazed shoulder with a pout on her face.

"One of the blighters got me. I'd hate to think I'm losing my edge." She looks down at the unconscious rat. "At least we got one of them alive."

Dendarial wrote:
"Get what you can from him, and then end his life quickly with little pain. We lack the resources to cure this man, and cannot put him back into society to spread his disease. From what I have heard there is no turning your life around while stricken with this ailment."

"He will not suffer." Wasp lies smoothly, then adds under her breath to Vhalas. "So long as he cooperates."

After Den steps away to talk with Talia, she looks at Vhalas with deadly seriousness.

"I know many techniques that can... encourage someone to speak truthfully, but they take time. The fastest way to do this would be through a divine spell I know that encourages truth on the threat of pain. However he would need to be conscious... and if he lies, in his current condition, it might prove fatal."


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Vhalas leans in to Wasp. "I'll check his gear, mabey theres a potion I can force down his throat to make him lucid."

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad glanced over at the note "...correspondence? I'm trained in combat ciphers."

If Vhalas lets him see it:
linguistics:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Earlier to Den he mentioned something like "Yeah, those must be the lycan...but what's that? Some old man? I don't get it..."

Hmm I thought you said the dummies were on a raft but guess not.

Note wrote:

My attempt at translation pre-linguistics:

My agent is sending targets to boneyard.

They will be lured by dummies tomorrow night.

Ambush them.

Don't give the bodies to the cockroach swarm.

Keep the dummies. (?)

The other part of the payment will come quickly.

Also will get a cure light from Talia if shes got any left.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"It's all your Ziyad, let me know what you find, perhaps we can use it to cross check rat boy's story."


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Hmm, they didn't have anything to light the dummies with. This is probably stupid, but maybe "Z" put something inside for the wererats (hence the line above).

Ziyad quickly fetched a few well cared for tools from his pack and went about opening up the dummies one by one. Something about the shape and mass of the wood felt odd to him. He was driven by curiosity and confusion, but thoughts of his dying son gave him a disgusting feeling while chopping through the toy bodies.

While I'm at it maybe there is something I can learn from the workmanship? If the "dummy lie" is a common maneuver maybe I can put a region to it or something?

engineering
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Also what is Kwava's appearance? White hair?

Qadira

@Vhalas: No potion

@Ziyad & Vhalas: You understand that it is in Thieves' Cant

Talia: Linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

@Ziyad: Between you and Talia working together on the note, you are able to decider the meaning of the note.

NOTE

Talia will cast cure light wounds from a wand as many times as you want before she goes. Just calculate them at 1d8+1 until you're satisfied.

@Ziyad: You split the dummies open very easily, and do not find anything out of the ordinary, other than shoddy workmanship.

Description of Kwava


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad murmured energetically with Talia for a few moments, then heatedly intoned "...dammit Talia, you're right...they're talking about Saul. The devil keeper...tch...well, he would like proof we are dead? What shall we do about that?" He explained the note to the rest of the group. "...how could Kwava not know this."

"...hmm...well he mentioned being new around. Maybe hes worn out his welcome. Maybe the gangs' started to see that hes not their type."

clw wand
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den's head raises when he hears Ziyad speak. Wait. The gambling hall keeper tried to have us killed? And Kwava sends us here on this false mission and ambush. It was only our good sense that we came early to spoil it. And then Kwava shows up to save our arses and scold us? Something is not right. Something smells worse than this swamp.

You could also get Talia to use a charge of that wand on the captive.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Yes, I felt the same way since we arrived here. Don't get me wrong, but after years of living around people that will as soon put a knife in your back as spit on you, well.. you tend to get wary. There's something off about Kwava, on the other hand he diden't have to throw that fire onto the swarm... I don't trust him either way right now. As soon as we get back. We need to have a very pointed conversation with Saul.

Looking around at the group and piling their gear together and checking it over Vhalas leans in towards Ziyad "When we get back, I would love to here were you picked up the cant.

Lets get one charge of cure light wounds used on the were-rat. I can use magic device if necessary to make it work. For the gear, would you all mind if I took a set of the Masterwork Picks? I only have a regular set, I'll put my old ones into the group. I would also recommend we keep the two tangle foot bags. If we sell off all of the regular gear when we get back it will be a split of 193.5 gold per person.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

I am fine with that plan. Keep the tools for sure. Keep in mind that I can use divine spell completion items as a Ranger. Next level I actually become a caster. :)

351 to 400 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.