Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath

Game Master Kybryn


251 to 300 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad silently exhales in disappointment, and nods in agreement with Vhalas' assessment.

I'd like to ready to cast a spell as soon as they fire. I assume we're all going to go on the same initiative since were ambushing?


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Vhalas quietly unsheath's his short bow, and reaching into his pouch retrives two alchemist's fire and motions for the group to pick one up if required. Then looking at Den questionably, his eyes dart to Den's silver arrows.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad will take out his grease wand in his offhand, leaving the other free for spellcasting. His mage armor wand will be on his belt.

Not sure summoning will do much good here with DR. I'm going to grease off ranged weapons or blanket it if they melee. But first I'm going to cast expeditious retreat so I can not worry about lack of movement in this terrain. Sorry I don't have potions of such for you all.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Still unsure, Den decides to trust Vhalas' judgement. He reaches for his silver arrows, handing Vhalas 6, then hesitates, and instead of drawing an arrow himself flexes wrist and is suddenly holding a wand. He will use his surprise round to cast Entangle, centering it on the wererat farthest to the left on the map. Before casting he motions, 1,2,3 go.

Entangle Reflex save DC 12 from a scroll, might be higher from a wand considering caster level required for craft wand. Not sure. Either way its a 40' area of difficult terrain, and maybe doubly difficult terrain in water and grasping water plants. :)

Qadira

The enemy to your knowledge is unaware of your presence. The party may act in a surprise round if you choose to.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

[ooc] I may have ninjaed your post. I have acted in the surprise round. [/00c]


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

If (and only if) that 4th wererat on the map is supposed to be there, Ill cast grease on its location, 10x10 area.

Ziyad raises an ashen wand to the setting sun, and a violent black orb takes shape. With an arcane direction the dark matter seeks the pustulent wererat, seeming to retard the interactions with spatial dimensions in the region.

Otherwise, I'll cast expeditious retreat on myself.

Ziyad seemingly pulls a thin golden cord from the heavens, and as it snaps in a bright burst, a halo of accelerated time clings to the elven caster, whose swift motions become unnatural and unsettling.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Nocking an silver-tipped arrow to his shortbow Vhalas rises out of the gloom. Drawing back he focuses on the nearest wererat and releases the arrow.

Attack Roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Threat / Crit Roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage Roll 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) = 6
Crit Damage Roll 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 3) = 12

Edit: Wow! Lucky rolls!


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Having Mage Armored herself already Talia will cast Daze on the closest Wererat (DC=13)


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp realizes he's ill prepared to combat lycanthropes, and hangs back during the surprise round.

Qadira

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
The wererat is able to dodge the creeping vines from the ground.

Grease is cast on the wererat to the far east.

Vhalas' insta-kill confirmation: DC 13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Vhalas' arrow lodges itsself in the eye of the nearest wererat, instantly killing it. Smoke rises up from the socket as it falls to it's knees, and then plops motionless in the water.

Qadira

Initiative

E:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Dendariel:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Talia:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Vhalas:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Ziyad:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Eledlara:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Qadira

Initiative is as follows:

1. Eladlara
2. Vhalas Rhun
3. Ziyad
4. Dendarial, the Ken Hunter
5. Talia Grace
6. Enemies

Given the circumstances, I'll basically allow Ela to hold her turn until she is able to post. We'll start the initiative at Vhalas, and let her interject when she can. Cheers!


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point
DM Drider wrote:

[dice=reflex]1d20+5

The wererat is able to dodge the creeping vines from the ground.

Den's spell is 40 feet in radius, easily catching three of the wererats. And it increases the terrain difficulty even for those that make their saves. If they are still in the area at the end of their turn they must save again.

Also I think we need to resolve Talia's daze, right?

Qadira

Den you're right on both accounts. I'll be home at 5 pm and I'll have time.bfeel free to resolve it.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Muttering under his breath Vhalas reaches for another arrow. "Thats one Vhalas. Lets see if you can bleed them down a little more before they get close." Nocking another silver-tipped arrow to his shortbow Vhalas draws back a second time and aims at the group of wererats left entangled.

Attack Roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage Roll 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) = 7


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Can i roll arcane for wererat info?
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Then as a standard action ill use my create gear class ability to create a silver javelin (2 lbs).

Ziyad claps his hands together quickly and as he draws them apart, a glistening piece of long untarnished silver materializes from nothing, which quickly takes the form of a simple javelin.

Then for my move I'll retreat a little bit above the party, just outside the range of whatever ranged weapons the wererats are carrying.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

On Den's turn he pulls a silver arrow and knocks it in one fluid motion, firing it almost as fast as it is drawn. It streaks towards the wererat on the lower left of the map, followed quickly by a second silver arrow at the same target.

Long Bow Rapid Shot 1: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 = 161d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Long Bow Rapid Shot 2: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 = 71d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

After shooting Den takes a 5 foot step directly backward (West?).

Did the wererat in the grease make his reflex save already?

Qadira

Okay
Wererat 2 reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
he is now entangled.

Wererat Daze save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Wererat Grease save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Wererat on the southeast is dazed but does not fall down. Ziyad, please post your DC's in combat so I don't have to look it up

Qadira

@Ziyad Knowledge local for the wererats.
up to Talia and Wasp


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp snatches up one of Vhalas' bottles of alchemical fire, and hurls it at the wererat standing in the area of the Grease spell.

Alchemist's Fire 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Drat.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

It was a wand with 1st level spell Grease, so DC 11. Although he failed the save, he must attempt an acrobatics check DC 10 to move normal speed (failure means half speed). He should be able to save easily. However, regardless of saving everything he will be considered flat-footed if he attempts to move.

So Talia could, in theory, ready an attack/spell against that wererat on movement that would hit ignoring dex mods to AC.

That more or less sums up the purpose of the spell. It will last for one minute on that area.

I would also like to know what weapons, if any, the wererats possess and are wielding.

@WaspYou can roll d8 to determine where in the adjacent squares the vial smashed. It will still deal splash damage, unless it hits the water perhaps. A 3, 4, 5, or 6 means it takes splash.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Right, here we go. 1d8 ⇒ 4


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Hrm, Grease + Fire = Grease Fire?


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point
Ziyad wrote:

It was a wand with 1st level spell Grease, so DC 11. Although he failed the save, he must attempt an acrobatics check DC 10 to move normal speed (failure means half speed). He should be able to save easily. However, regardless of saving everything he will be considered flat-footed if he attempts to move.

Ziyad, I think you meant to say made the save.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

DM, Did my 16 hit a wererat? I was hoping so with that nice damage. I think they were still flat footed so I was hopeful...


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4
Dendarial the Ken Hunter wrote:
Ziyad, I think you meant to say made the save.

Yep, thanks.

Qadira

@Den Yes the 16 hit. Feel free to look at the bestiary to learn things like that. I'll let you know if they are different or stronger than usual. As for metagaming when it comes to things that you shouldn't just know, please have your characters act as they should.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Hmm. I think I have rolled a 1 on my sense motive. I will try not to metagame. But have I already done so? I would rather just have a visual confirmation of the hit than to know the AC of the enemy and know it 'should' have it.

Qadira

That wasn't a shot at you Den, just in general.

Talias up. If she hasent acted by this afternoon I'll move on.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Wand of Magic Missile at the closest target.

2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 = 11

Qadira

Wasps alchemists fire splashes onto the rat, burning his arm for 1 fire damage. The grease is unaffected by the fire (the grease is a slippery arcane substance, not grease as we know it)

Talia, realizing that she has caught the attention of the briefly stunned wererat, is mortified. She stands still.

The entangled wererat draws his shortbow and lets an arrow fly directly at Wasp
Shortbow AC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
An arrow flies directly for her heart, but Wasp is able to shield her chest with her shoulder at the last moment.

The unaffected rat dips into the water, and from your angle, is no longer visible.

The dazed rat continues to stand, staring at Talia with a blank stare, seemingly unphased by the blast of flames at his side.

Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

And we're back to the top

Initiative:
1. Eladlara
2. Vhalas Rhun
3. Ziyad
4. Dendarial, the Ken Hunter
5. Talia Grace
6. Enemies


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Can I clarify a few things? Partly due to the slow pace I am a little confused. Which wererat did Den shoot? I thought he had hit the one that was not entangled, but now I am not sure. And did Talia get her missiles off? your post seems to contradict her action as you say she that she is mortified and stands still, but a few minutes before your post she posted saying she shot the stunned wererat. And finally, since the water is shallow where the one wererat went under do we have a chance to see which way it swam? A perception check? Thanks.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp gasps as the arrow tears across her shoulder, glances at the wound, then swiftly moves across the water, eyes flashing angrily.

"Oh, no, you did not."

Intimidate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Even as she speaks, her whip lashing out toward the "greased" rat with a CRACK.

Ranged Trip Attempt 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6
Are you kidding me? Ugh, this is the worst.

Qadira

Dendarial the Ken Hunter wrote:
Can I clarify a few things? Partly due to the slow pace I am a little confused. Which wererat did Den shoot? I thought he had hit the one that was not entangled, but now I am not sure. And did Talia get her missiles off? your post seems to contradict her action as you say she that she is mortified and stands still, but a few minutes before your post she posted saying she shot the stunned wererat. And finally, since the water is shallow where the one wererat went under do we have a chance to see which way it swam? A perception check? Thanks.

1. I just guessed based on your description of him, but if you shot the other one, that's fine.

2. She ninja'd me, so her play stands.
3. The reason you cannot see him is because there is a slight elevation in the trash and junk where there is no water. When he was standing straight up, you could see him just fine, but now he's just too low. If you walk up a few feet, you could look down and see. The elevation is minor, but just enough to impede your vision of the waterline where he was.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Hey, things are just awesome, though I have some suggestions again. I hope I dont sound whiny or whatever, this is just stuff that I was thinking would help me.

On the map, next time maybe label creatures a, b, c, d, etc so theres no mixing up of actions. Instead of picture tokens, maybe label them with letters. If there's a lot of different creatures in a group, just post a key.

The 4th wererat, the one not originally on the map, the one currently in grease: we were never given perception checks to see it. Using the bestiary, it would have had at most a 28 stealth check. It would've been nice to get a brief mention of something like, "a 4th wererat suddenly comes into view from behind some rubbish, etc" because I thought it was just a mistake that it was there.

Post specifics about the weapons enemies are using. Are they wielding short or long bows? Do they have other weapons carried on them? The question of short bows was only answered when Wasp was shot.

Post map more often, indicating updates.

Then here's my understanding of things, again this helps me sort stuff out when its long and disjointed:
Surprise:::::
Wasp chose not to act in surprise round.

Den cast entangle on 3 creatures to start things out. He indicated it was to be centered on the wererat farthest left. This is the wererat who just vanished into the water who made the save vs entangle. The other wererat inside the entangle radius failed the save.

Ziyad cast grease on SE wererat, indicated on map by pink box.

Vhalas destroyed the top wererat.

Talia cast daze on "the closest" wererat, meaning the one in the grease. This was indicated by a yellow box on map, but not in post until later.

Round 1:::::
Initiatives were rolled and the order was changed somewhat.

Wasp delayed her action.

Vhalas missed the green boxed wererat.

Ziyad created a javelin. I had wanted to move also but didn't know what kind of bows they had, not a huge deal.

Den shot, and hit, the green boxed wererat for 10 damage. Said "the lower left of the map" but at the time the entangle had not been resolved. Therefore fairly given option to change selection by DM. Wererats in entangled area should have had to check against the effect again here, and always on Den's turn for remainder of spell. DM resolved the entangle for surprise round only after Dens post here. That was the source of our confusion.

Wasp re-entered initiative here and threw an alchemist's fire, damaging the dazed wererat in grease for 1 damage.

Talia blasted the same wererat for 11 damage. Daze expires. (It also served no purpose since they didn't get actions in the surprise round anyways.)

Green boxed wererat shot Wasp for 4 damage. Ok, here we find out they are using shortbows. However, this shot should have been taken at a -4 penalty due to entanglement. not that it changes the result.

Wererat who was original target (most left wererat) disappears in the water. But maybe didn't because he may have been entangled on Den's turn this round, as per the spell.

Round 2:::::
Wasp failed a trip attempt against the wererat in the grease.

>>Vhalas, Ziyad, Den, Talia, enemies.

Assuming Den changes his post, the hp for remaining 3 enemies is:

Vanished to water rat who may actually be entangled and not vanished: 10hp.
Green boxed wererat whose entangled status is also unknown: Full hp.
Wererat in grease: 8hp.

So I think we need 2 new saves for both wererats still in the entangled area for round 1. I think its important because it seems its getting away.

Hopefully Vhalas has this info before acting.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

I will hold on my action until the above post is resolved and we have some clarification. Thanks for the great summery Z


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Yes. your summary helped me too. Thanks. I believe you have it right. My reason for the entangle was firstly to help prevent the wererats from getting away, and secondly to slow their approach to us as it makes the entire 80' diameter difficult terrain.

Qadira

entangle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
He dodges the vines and is able to slip away.


Ziyad wrote:

Hey, things are just awesome, though I have some suggestions again. I hope I dont sound whiny or whatever, this is just stuff that I was thinking would help me.

No worries. Good feedback is always welcome.

label creatures a, b, c, d, etc so theres no mixing up of actions.

Sounds good. I'll do this from now on

The 4th wererat, the one not originally on the map, the one currently in grease: we were never given perception checks to see it. Using the bestiary, it would have had at most a 28 stealth check. It would've been nice to get a brief mention of something like, "a 4th wererat suddenly comes into view from behind some rubbish, etc" because I thought it was just a mistake that it was there.

He wasn't stealthing. He popped up later with the other rats. He just walked in like the others had when they went back for the materials. If it will help you, I'll explain when things like this happen.

Post specifics about the weapons enemies are using. Are they wielding short or long bows? Do they have other weapons carried on them? The question of short bows was only answered when Wasp was shot.

What I'll do is when combat starts, I'll tell you when you see initially from where you are standing. Anything after that will require additional perception checks or you'll find out from their actions

Post map more often, indicating updates.

What I'm going to do is link the current map at the top of the campaign info tab. That way it's only ever two quick clicks away. As for updates, I'll make sure to go through each of the actions prior to the enemies turn. I don't always have time to let you know sooner if things succeed or fail. If that is the case, feel free to determine saves, hits, etc on your own. If it's a custom monster, I'll post the relevant stats for you to know. I am using the 3.75 equivalent of each monster. That means i'm referring to the bestiaries I, II, III, and not the module versions, unless there is no equivalent.

Then here's my understanding of things, again this helps me sort stuff out when its long and disjointed:

Ziyad, if you would like a comprehensive combat log, I invite you to make it. What I will do is post a run down of the previous turns actions. Everyone is doing a good job of posting on initiative, so this hasn't gotten as confusing as last time.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Thanks, and you're right its been great by posting on initiatives. With the big log, i don't mind doing it, it just helps organize spells and such. Like there's no way in hell I would've noticed anything by not doing that, heh. I just feel like an annoying jerk pointing stuff out, I guess.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Where did he go? We can't let him get away! Wait! If he can't see him, he might not be able to see me. Vhalas will get low and creep forward 3 squares up and one square to the left 20ft and sneak since not being observed by the other Wererat putting him just outside of the entangled area. Looking around, he try's to spot the Wererat if it went prone or something and shoot at him. If he does not spot him, he will try to shoot the entangled one.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Short Bow Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage Roll + Sneak 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) = 12
Damage Roll 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

edit: scratch that...

Seeing Vhalas stalk aggressively over the ridge of rubbish, Ziyad quickly cast a transmutation on his body, taking on a bizzare quickness. He then launched himself in that direction across the water, his silver javelin flashing in the sun against an other wise blue black figure.

So, this is likely to get me hurt but we need this I think...cast expeditious retreat (+30 land speed, +12 acro for 2 minutes) and getting into a position with superior visibility, using the dummies as cover against the wererat bows for now. Ideally reaching that triangle shaped land in the north, outside entangle radius.

Acrobatics for jumping water as part of move: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

Hmm, i dont know how to place myself off the map in the north without moving the map. please just assume im outside the entangle radius.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Talia raises her arms around her and says Eleni sílar antalyannar!

Talia Casts Bless on the party. + 1 to hit and + 1 saves vs fear


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

I believe Den is up.

Den will take two shots at the wererat in the grease. He will 5 foot step as needed to make sure he gets a clear shot.

shot 1: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 251d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

shot 2: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 241d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Did those arrows hit? Who is up?


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Pretty sure you just beat the hell out of the one in the grease, going by bestiary. Now its just the green boxed one at full hp and the other getting away at 10hp. And its the wererats' turn...

bestiary wrote:


AC 19, touch 14, flat-footed 15 (+3 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge, +2 natural)
hp 20 (2d8+8)
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3
Defensive Abilities evasion; DR 10/silver

However earlier DM was using +5 for save against entangle, so probably use that.

Also we may as well roll for entangle for the remaining 2. If they are already entangled, they have a -2 penalty to the save (so +3).

getting away rat: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
green boxed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Sweet, now they're both screwed big time. After downing one more we may consider interrogation of some sort.

Their bow attacks are also at -4 now.

Qadira

Round 2
1. Eladlara
Attempts a trip, misses.

2. Vhalas Rhun
Moves, and reveals hidden enemy. Shoots and misses

3. Ziyad
Moves to gain visibility as well of the hidden wererat.

4. Dendarial, the Ken Hunter
Two arrows fly, and both hit Ziyad, the rats hadn't switched back into were-rat form yet, so I'm using human form stats. The party can easily tell by their look, demeanor, and possibly smell that they are the wererats. The rat goes down.

Entangle DC 12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

5. Talia Grace
Casts bless

6. Enemies

Qadira

Round 2
1. Eladlara
Attempts a trip, misses.

2. Vhalas Rhun
Moves, and reveals hidden enemy. Shoots and misses

3. Ziyad
Moves to gain visibility as well of the hidden wererat.

4. Dendarial, the Ken Hunter
Two arrows fly, and both hit Ziyad, the rats hadn't switched back into were-rat form yet, so I'm using human form stats. The party can easily tell by their look, demeanor, and possibly smell that they are the wererats. The rat goes down.

Both living wererats are now entangled.

5. Talia Grace
Casts bless

6. Enemies
"Uccidete la ragazza ferita!"
You hear from the wererat nearest to Ziyad.

Varisian (Minor street dialect):
Kill the injured one!

Lower wererat shoots at Eladlara
Shortbow vs AC 16: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Upper wererat shoots at Ziyad
Shortbow vs AC 12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Too bogged down by the entangling moss, they are unable to hit their targets. The moss wraps itself around the southern wererats bow, and he is now unarmed.

"Andiamo!

Varisian (minor street dialect):
Lets get out of here!

An annoying buzzing sound begins to manifest itsself from the east side of the map (near Wasp)

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
A swarm of nasty looking bugs approaches from the NE, heading south, straight in the direction of the body of the dead wererat.

One of the wererats says:

"Hah! Ha funzionato! Sono qui!"

Varisian (minor street dialect):
Hah! It worked! They're here!

The new swarm will go last. You may roll a knowledge (nature) check to learn about it. I will personally handle the AC, Saves etc for this monster, so don't worry about that.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 5/11 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den glances over at the swarm of bugs. Wonderful. Some type of swarm.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Not sure I've ever seen one like it before. Is the swarm flying, swimming, or crawling?

That swarm should not be anyone's friend. Stay away from it. Maybe it will go for the dead were.

I am gonna roll Spellcraft to see if I think they were somehow summoned.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

251 to 300 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.