Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath

Game Master Kybryn


101 to 150 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Qadira

Vhalas: Regaining some confidence, Vhalas sneakily takes a step forward to get in a vital strike, hoping to finish off his enemy:

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Contested Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Shortwsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Potential Sneak: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Shortwsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Potential Sneak: 1d6 ⇒ 1

he had no miss chance last round since the barbarian wasn't in the fog, adding 4 more damage to the total.
He manages to slash him once more, dealing a total of 4 damage. Having taken 32 points of damage, the barbarian goes down, falling atop his dying companion.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

I am not sure whos turn it is or even what round we are in. Has my Mage armor gone off yet?


{Illusionist 1} hp 8/8, AC 12, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +2, Perc(fam)+9. F+1/R+2/W+2


Surprise round/////
ziyad: cast obscuring mist
barbarians: 2 threw weapons at Windbraid, one advanced
Den: shot the advanced barbarian
Round 1///////////
Vhalas: finished off the barbarian
Wasp: Shot a crossbow at east barbarian
Talia: cast bless
Ziyad: climbed a rock
barbarians: one attacked vhalas, the other attacked windbraid
Den: attacked barbarian engaged with vhalas
windbraid: attacked barbarian engaged with wasp
Round 2///////////
Vhalas (DM, were waiting for this one): attacked barbarian engaged with Den, and withdrew
Wasp: stabbed barbarian with rapier
Talia: cast mage armor on self
Ziyad: jumped across the upper cliffs
Barbarian: one attacked Den, the other attacked Windbraid
Den: ?
Windbraid: ?
Round 3//////////
Vhalas (DM): reappeared and killed barbarian engaged with Den
Wasp: ?
Talia: ?

Hmm, now Im confused, think thats right though.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

heh, one mistake...
The first round barbarians actions should be that one attacked vhalas the other attacked wasp.

er, also wrong alias on my part, sorry...

Qadira

Talia Grace wrote:
I am not sure whos turn it is or even what round we are in. Has my Mage armor gone off yet?

Yep, that round of combat is complete, and now we're onto round 3. Vhalas' turn is done for round 3, so we're on to Wasp, and we'll continue down the list from there.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Talia moves up to Windbraid, presents her holy symbol and utters Poik-assa!

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Move to Windbraid, Cast Cure light


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

[ooc] Based on the map, Den is not adjacent to an enemy. And I see an x on one of the two barbarians (H5) so the one between squares is still up, right? [ooc]

Den rapid shots the Barbarian out of the mist, quickly loosing two arrows.

first shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 271d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

second shot: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 251d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

He then 5 foot steps into H6.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp's eyes narrow slightly as the raring barbarian hacks at Windbraid again.

20% chance to miss...
1d100 ⇒ 11

She strikes out again at a shape that a moment ago *was* the barbarian, but is now just a ripple in the cloud.

"Calistria curse this fog!"


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

I'm going to delay my initiative until after the barbarians but before Den, at which point I'll lift the fog as a standard and ready my grease wand as a move.

Qadira

Dendarial cannot see the barbarian from H6, there is a canyon wall between them. He would need to move to E5 to get a clear shot even after the fog is dissipated.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

I think Den never acted in round 2, so his shot just now actually occurred before Vhalas killed the second barbarian. His shot right now should be just after the barbarian attacked and hit him. Then Windbraid never had an action. Then Vhalas finished off the barbarian, wasp missed, talia cured, i delayed...

That's Dens 3rd action but he acted in the surprise round so that occurred in round 2.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Right. I believe Den acts right after the barbarians. Seems only fair that he could attack the one that attacked and hit him for, I believe, 16 points of damage. The map confused me some, and I tried to ask about it. Looked like only one of the two near Den was dead. I did specifically refer to map locations.

Qadira

Windbraid will be taking his action as if it were delayed
Windbraid unleashes a flurry of attacks on the barbarian:
20 or lower misses: 1d100 ⇒ 45
Swing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

His horse also makes a full attack on the barbarian:

20 or lower misses: 1d100 ⇒ 12
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

20 or lower misses: 1d100 ⇒ 17
2 hooves: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (4) - 4 = 0
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
------------------------------
The barbarian in E7, still raging, takes another powerful swing at Windbraid
21 or better hits: 1d100 ⇒ 6
Swing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
------------------------------------------------------
If still conscious, Windbraid makes another full attack on the barbarian

20 or lower misses: 1d100 ⇒ 14
Swing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

His horse also makes a full attack on the barbarian:

20 or lower misses: 1d100 ⇒ 94
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

20 or lower misses: 1d100 ⇒ 100
2 hooves: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (17) - 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Qadira

The remaining barbarian is unable to land his blow on Windbraid, and Windbraid cannot seem to overcome the fog.

Ziyad calls down the fog, and it immediately dissipates.

Dendariel steps into position, and lets fly two arrows, which both strike the barbarian, dealing six damage each. (I believe that takes him to 26 damage total, someone correct me if i'm wrong here).


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

totally confused who is next in order


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Same here, don't understand why Windbraid just had 2 actions or why Den's round 2 action occurred after fog lifted. I think we need to start keeping a running tally of whats going on in each post, because this is really kind of awkward.

If we accept that Dens round 2 action got skipped/delayed then what DM says makes sense and it is Vhalas' turn. I suppose that's probably easiest at this point...although that would mean Windbraids second attack above wouldn't be affected by the fog and would probably kill the last barbarian...

Qadira

I looked back and saw that I skipped windbraid's action last turn, so I treated it as a held attack. As for Den's round 2 turn, I looked back and counted the right amount of attacks, so I was under the impression that he didn't miss his turn.

We'll say that the last barbarian is down, because I don't want to go back and calculate this again. Please check the discussion thread for more notes about how we'll be running combat from now on

As the last barbarian falls down, Windbraid slips off his horse, and walks to each of the barbarians. He rips off their tribal necklaces, and then cuts their throats.

"These men travel outside of their domain. Thank you for aiding me in their removal. Take what you would like from them, as the men from our tribe will not use these things."


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

"They've horses up here...3 stallions of a lesser quality, I'd judge." Ziyad declares, moving to investigate the packs on the horses, if any.

Perception take 20 (34): searching the 2 horse packs on my side of the chasm.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Ugh" Vhalas coughs and nearly falls to the ground, before he weakly sheathes his swords. With blood seeping from his side, and running out of his mouth he stumbles over to his horse and starts rumminging around for something."Bad time to ask, but is anyone here able to sling a cure spell? I don't really care what god right now, I'm not feeling picky" With that he fishes out a wand and starts shaking it around in one hand, mubling words and gestures, while with the other trying to keep his ribs in his side.

Use Magic Device: Wand of cure light wounds, DC 20 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Cure ammmount: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

“Ah dam” Vhalas mubles as his ribs and skin begin to knit together “that feels nicer then a midnight mass with a Calistrian prostitute. Still hurts a bit more though, eh Wasp?” Flashes a bloody smile.

Vhalas is at 8 hit point


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point
DM Drider wrote:

The remaining barbarian is unable to land his blow on Windbraid, and Windbraid cannot seem to overcome the fog.

Ziyad calls down the fog, and it immediately dissipates.

Dendariel steps into position, and lets fly two arrows, which both strike the barbarian, dealing six damage each. (I believe that takes him to 26 damage total, someone correct me if i'm wrong here).

I guess it does not matter now, but I still maintain that my two shots were my action right after being attacked and hit. Den's initiative was right after the barbarians.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

As Den searched the bodies he talks to Vhalas. I believe Talia still has some healing energy remaining. If not, then I can use the wand on you. Best not to consume wand charges if we are not longer threatened.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Indeed. Let me whilst I can. Talia rides over to Vhalas and lays a hand upon him and in tones Poik-assa .

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp hops off her horse and retrieves her crossbow.

Vhalas wrote:
"Ah dam, that feels nicer then a midnight mass with a Calistrian prostitute. Still hurts a bit more though, eh Wasp?"

She winks at him. "Depends on the prostitute. And if you're into that sort of thing."

Wasp glances over at Windbraid, who is wounded, but clearly too proud to pay much attention to the cuts. Best not push the issue. I'm certain he'd ask for help if he truly needed it.

Instead, she begins rifling through the barbarians' corpses.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Let me heal the wounded at once, all please gather. Talia raises one arm skyward and one arm toward the earth, Nethys, hear me! when she brings her arms together it is in slow motion, almost as if she were moving through deep water. As her hands meet in the middle there is loud clap, almost like thunder, and a shimming wave of energy rolls off her in all directions. She then quickly turns around and strikes the same pose again, but facing the other way. with another prayer to her god she repeats the motion.
Assuming everyone is within 30' of me. At least make sure to get Windbraid in the deal. Edited for more heals as 3 won't cut it
Channel Energy (selective to not heal the foe)- 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (5) = 8


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Status:

I am sitting on my Domain spell, 2 channel energies, and all my arcane spells left for the day.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Vhalas turns to Talia ”It’s ah, hard for me to admit when I need help, but *cough* thanks Talia.” with that he quickly turns away and moves towards the corpses on the ground.

Vhalas is at 23 hit points

“Hey Wasp, let me give you a hand there.”

[ooc]Perception[ooc] 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Sczarni

not much time right now. You've traveled a full day's travel, and should make it by early afternoon tomorrow. If you want to, you can setup camp and rest. I'll get to the looting late tonight.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den's wound closes some, but the gash from power attack still weeps blood. It was a powerful slash. Thanks to you and your god Talia. I will be ok. Perhaps your healing skills can help me rest comfortably tonight so that the wound will close fully.

He can assist with a healing check to recover hit points over night.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Vhalas looks around the area and nods "This is a fine place for a camp, if we got up on the rise there and put our backs to the stone it should offer some protection should we have to fight again tonight. That is if our attackers had friends. Talia i'll help with thoese bandages, I have nimble fingers and can tie a fine knot"

Using Aid another for Talia's heal check on Den


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

I have little magical energy left in the form of spells, however I can heal a few more wounds with raw divinity if we are to set camp here. If we press on, then I will more than glad of the help with these bandages and bet a candlemark to mend those I can.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

The talk of camping makes Wasp realize how late it's becoming. And how sore a day of riding has made her.

She glances up from the corpse she's looting.

"Stopping for a rest sounds like an excellent idea."


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Surveying the area with Vhalas, Den tries to find a defensible camp with decent protection from the elements, close water, and a way to retreat, it we were to need it.

Survival Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

I will ceed to your judgement Vhalas. I am not finding anything on my own.

A nat 1. lol


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad began to fashion an intricate hammock out of his rope, glancing at Windbraid now and then, until finally he said something like "Windbraid. Those other men, your enemies, who weren't painted with the same forms as you are...before the mist rose I saw on their faces a great hatred towards you alone. Had we not struck back I wonder if they would have engaged us at all." Then he turned his craft and began weaving in another direction, until he set it down abruptly and started saying: "I'd like to learn to draw your symbols, if they control men's actions so well."


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Later he turned to the Ken Hunter and said "I've not seen a bow cavalryman with your speed in a great many years...but you've not got the form of a soldier. I wonder what other life could have granted you such skill."


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Before crashing out for the night, I'll use 2 hours to scribe a scroll of CL1 unseen servant with 1/4 of my materials and memorize expeditious retreat in its place.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den looks up from his camp preparations, not too interested in the comment. I am young for an elf Ziyad, still a child in the eyes of my tribe. But our histories are long and my blood from the generations who came before. I am sure it is like you say. I have hunted before.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Windbraid, how fare your wounds? Would you like me to look them over? Talia dismounts and looks around for anyone showing signs that their wounds are bothering them.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

As the ranger sets camp meticulously he favors his unwounded side and occasionally stops to check his bandage. Den is still down 8.c

Qadira

Loot/Search Checks:

You find:

Masterwork Studded Leather x3
Greataxe x3
Pilum x3
Light Horse, Saddle, Saddlebags x3
Ration x6
Waterskin x3
Blue body paint
Torch x9
Dagger x3

"Talia, I was wounded badly by that greataxe. Any aid would be deeply appreciated. I can accompany you the rest of the way down, or you're welcome to ride their horses the rest of the way. It should only be half a day's trave. As you wish."
"Dendarial, are you still interested in trading for the horse you've chosen?"

With a bit of help by Windbraid, you are able to setup a good enough camp as to sleep the night unaffected.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Yes Windbraid. I would not be parted with this magnificent creature if I have a choice. What I have that I do not need for my mission and duty is yours for the asking. I cannot trade my sword, bow, armor, or wands. Beyond that name a fair price.

He places his goods before the horse lord. The include:

2 gem stones from the mission
Cold Iron Kukri
Masterwork Buckler
Arrows - 40
Arrows, Blunt - 20
Arrows, Smoke - 2
Arrows, Silver - 50
Arrows, Cold Iron, - 50
Arrows, Pheromone - 2
Arrows, Thissle - 5
Morning Star
Dungeoneering Kit, Delux

Qadira

Windbraid looks over Dendarial's possessions.

"I will accept the Kukri and two stones as fair trade. I have not often seen such a rare material."


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp looks through the barbarians' belongings.

"Some half decent weapons, and some fine looking armour. Not much that I could personally make use of. The horses would be of use, certainly, if we want to make use of them. We may even be able to trade them in Riddleport."

She grins up at Vhalas. "Have need of an extra dagger or two? I can think of a few uses for one or two of them, myself."

Anything unclaimed by the party, Wasp will offer to Windbraid.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Talia will spend with spells she has remianing, as well as any channels needed to fully heal the party, including Windbraid.

Is someone going to lootmaster? I can if no one else wants to.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

I'll take the paint if no one else wants. Was Windbraid willing to teach me the symbols?


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point
DM Drider wrote:

Windbraid looks over Dendarial's possessions.

"I will accept the Kukri and two stones as fair trade. I have not often seen such a rare material."

Den shakes Windbraid's hand, closing the deal. You have a fine eye. It is a strong blade and will serve you well my new friend. Its edge is keen and its material is bane to fey. They cannot abide its touch. He treats the blade as the true worth of the deal and seems to disregard the value of the stones.

I know a saddle is not needed for this mount, but what tack, in any is included? And will the mount accept a saddle? There are some saddles that provide considerable advantage.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point
The Killer Wasp wrote:


Anything unclaimed by the party, Wasp will offer to Windbraid.

While I would agree that he has earned a share of the loot, Windbraid has already declined these items, explaining this his tribe will not use them. We should sell what we do not need. We may have need of coin in the city to barter for information or even access.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

@Dendarial Ah yes, I forgot about that! You may disregard my offer to Windbraid, then.

Qadira

@Den You may saddle train it, however, you will loose the listed bonus while it saddled:
"Additionally, anyone riding a Velashan horse receives a +2 circumstance bonus on Ride skill checks."
So whenever the pro's outweigh the cons to wearing a saddle, go right ahead.

Qadira

@Ziyad Windbraid explains that you must become an honorary member of his tribe in order for him to teach you about the paint. He invites you to return to their camp one day.


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Sure wasp I could use a few, that is if you don't mind. As far as the horses, I say we take them with us to Riddleport. I am sure we can find a ferrier there that will be willing trade. For the leather, well I am sure they would fetch a decient price as well."

I could use a few daggers, but its not a big deal if you need them wasp.

101 to 150 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.