Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath

Game Master Kybryn


1 to 50 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Qadira

Shin'Rakorath Captain:“Thank you for meeting with at such short notice. I have called the five of you here for a special purpose. Now that each one of you has earned your position as a recruit of the Shin’Rakorath, I have decided to send you on your first mission. What I expect from you are results. This is your first, and most important chance to prove yourselves to our brotherhood. I do not have much time to brief you now, so you will have to forgive me. You are to travel southeast to Riddleport and meet up with an Elf by the name of Kwava at The Gold Goblin Gambling Hall. When you approach the Succubi, speak the words of our brotherhood, and they will take you to Kwava. He will be expecting you, and will fill you in as to what your duties are. Take this, it should be enough to secure safe passage for each of you."
With that, he reaches out his hand with a small velvet pouch and a map.
He raises his right hand, and said "To be the light against the coming darkness"
The party finds its self right now in Mierani Forest, and must make it's way down to Riddleport. Use this as an opportunity to get to know each other, and to display some of your talents.
Relevant Map


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

And what is in the small velvet pouch?

Den stands at the front of the group, arrow knocked in his composite bow, surveying their surrounding.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 +2 if elves, half elves, or drow

Track: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 +2 if elves, half elves, or drow

Qadira

Dendarial reaches forward and accepts the velvet pouch.
The captain sits back at his desk and begins to write on a tiny piece of parchment. He glances back up and nods toward the door, as if telling you to leave. On your way out of the room, you notice three bird cages. Two of them currently contain crows.

As you and the others look inside of the pouch, you find ten stones: 5x Yellow/Orange, 5x opaque red.

In the outer edges of the woods (the red dot), you see nothing more than rodents and small birds.

Knowledge local: Talia:
Know (Local)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
You have done extensive research on the region, and are intimately aware of a local tribe called the The horse lords of the Velashu Uplands, who are known for breeding the finest horses in Varisia. You are able to mark it on the map if you so choose.

edit:
More details for Talia:
The “Horse Lords” are
rugged barbarians and rangers who travel through the
Velashu Uplands in nomadic groups, following the region’s
vast herds of wild horses and incidentally guarding Varisia
from incursions of the more violent tribes of barbarians
from the Nolands. The Horse Lords are primarily composed
of Ulfen explorers and travelers who abandoned the Lands
of the Linnorm Kings for a less violent life here on the
outskirts of Varisia. Over the generations, their blood has
mixed with both Varisians and the odd Shoanti—although
the Horse Lords aren’t officially part of the Shoanti tribes,
some scholars still refer to them as the “Eighth Quah.”
Never in front of a full-blood Shoanti, though.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad always felt the burden of time in these situations, no problem at hand meant no escape from his thoughts. In the desert at least the heat was a constant distraction, here in the ancestral forest everything was a mirror to him.

"Let's find some horses..." he murmers numbly, a strong voice with a southern accent. "...or did they have something else in mind?" He peers at the stones.

Appraise:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Vhalas glances around as he exits the tent, and squints. Well, the Shin'Rakorath could learn a thing or two about security, that’s apparent. There's not enough cover here and the area is far too open. Never could understand most Elf’s obsession with forests. Give me a nice street or alley any day.

*in a quiet voice speaks to the rest of the group*

I don’t particularly like going into a meeting blind. I wish we knew what this Kwava looked like. Call me paranoid, but more than once I have seen people go into an alley to meet a contact who will be expecting you and come to regret it later. We should use caution. I’ll take point

Qadira

Ziyad wrote:

Appraise:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Ziyad Appraise:
You think they're worth anywhere between 750 to 2,500gp total, though you know you're not sure.

Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Walking from the tent(?) Talia looks up at the sky, judging the time of day.

We should seek the Horse Lords and see what may be bartered with to gain mounts. I believe they were here she points to a spot on the map marking it from her knowledge check At least they were last time I heard.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point
Vhalas Rhun wrote:

Vhalas glances around as he exits the tent, and squints. Well, the Shin'Rakorath could learn a thing or two about security, that’s apparent. There's not enough cover here and the area is far too open. Never could understand most Elf’s obsession with forests. Give me a nice street or alley any day.

*in a quiet voice speaks to the rest of the group*

I don’t particularly like going into a meeting blind. I wish we knew what this Kwava looked like. Call me paranoid, but more than once I have seen people go into an alley to meet a contact who will be expecting you and come to regret it later. We should use caution. I’ll take point

Den responds We are days away from Riddleport Vhalas. Maybe weeks. When we get there you can have point. We are in the woods now though. My woods. I don't want you walking all over the tracks I need to read, so for now I'll take point. But please, walk beside me where the trail allows. Your eyes are sharp and you may see what I miss.

Talia Grace wrote:

Walking from the tent(?) Talia looks up at the sky, judging the time of day.

We should seek the Horse Lords and see what may be bartered with to gain mounts. I believe they were here she points to a spot on the map marking it from her knowledge check At least they were last time I heard.

To Talia he answers Horses would be welcome indeed. How far do you believe Riddleport is from here?


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point
Dendarial the Ken Hunter wrote:

And what is in the small velvet pouch?

Den stands at the front of the group, arrow knocked in his composite bow, surveying their surrounding.

[dice=perception]1d20+9 +2 if elves, half elves, or drow

[dice=Track]1d20+9 +2 if elves, half elves, or drow

DM Drider, Any information from these rolls?


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 to estimate how far to Riddleport from here.

Qadira

Map updated to reflect location of Horse Lord encampment.

Also, added mobile meter to be roughly to scale. Feel free to move it around, even rotate it to calculate distances.

Qadira

Dendarial the Ken Hunter wrote:
DM Drider, Any information from these rolls?

Mostly the rodents and birds, but I'll tell you this:

Once you get out into the uplands, you see tracks and random prints of horses in every direction, but you do catch on to a very light trail in the direction of the mark on the map. Your track roll identifies them all to clearly be of Horses... big horses.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Eledlara has been quiet since leaving the meeting with the Captain. She saunters after the others casually, glancing over Ziyad's shoulder as he opens the pouch.

Detect Magic on the stones.

Her gaze then flicks to Vhalas as he makes his crack about dark alleys and shady contacts.

I've been on both sides of that equation before. She regards the rogue's back and smiles to herself. Mental note: This one's sharp.

And she does like sharp things.

Talia wrote:
"We should seek the Horse Lords and see what may be bartered with to gain mounts. I believe they were here. At least they were last time I heard."
Dendarial wrote:
"Horses would be welcome indeed. How far do you believe Riddleport is from here?"

The Wasp stretches her arms and back as they walk, smiling broadly. "Far enough that horses would make the trip much more comfortable."

She quickens her pace to join Dendarial and Vhalas up front and smiles at the pair. "Either of you boys been to Riddleport before?"

Qadira

Map Info:
Sorry about that folks, use this link to edit: Map
BTW this is your map. Feel free to leave notes ETC. I will be marking locations etc, and enhancing it as I see fit.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad steps off with the group, examining the map. "Hmm, if we could sequester a river sailing ship it might be faster and safer to take the Vhelashu river...we'd then also have a defensible and portable base of sorts when we arrive. He nods, rolling up the map.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

A ship you say? I cannot recall ever having sailed before. Hm. Talia quietly ponders the idea.
Mayhap a combined idea? Head to the camp and see what we can and then maybe head to the river.

Knowledge Local / Geo to learn if there is a place to buy/rent/get a riverboat to the south and west of us.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Qadira

Talia Knowledge:
You're aware of no such place. What your knowledge of geography tells you is that sailing upstream is not too realistic, as the current flows at a notable pace downstream.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

To Killer: Its no place to envy, that is for sure. Thieves and money grubbers everywhere. Organized crime. Everything is for sale and those without coin are mistreated if they are treated at all.[b] He looks lost for a moment, and continues. [b]So much chaos... yet so much freedom to choose your own destiny there.

Seeming to find himself again he adds I have hunted there. My... quarry .... sometimes believe they can hide in that city.

And I mean no disrespect good lady, but if we are traveling together in this city it might be better to have another name to address you by. "Killer" will get a lot of notice.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4
Dendarial wrote:

Its no place to envy, that is for sure. Thieves and money grubbers everywhere. Organized crime. Everything is for sale and those without coin are mistreated if they are treated at all. So much chaos... yet so much freedom to choose your own destiny there.

Seeming to find himself again he adds I have hunted there. My... quarry .... sometimes believe they can hide in that city.

Eledlara laughs pleasantly. "I've also had quarry try to hide in Riddleport. I grew up there - and I've never heard a more apt description of the place. Filthy, dangerous and free."

Dendarial wrote:
And I mean no disrespect good lady, but if we are traveling together in this city it might be better to have another name to address you by. "Killer" will get a lot of notice.

"In my experience, the name 'Killer Wasp' attracts the right kind of notice amongst more disreputable types." She winks. "You may call me 'Wasp' if you prefer."

"Though some people are as afraid of wasps as they are killers." She flashes him another smile, then tuns back to the others.

"A boat sounds like a wonderful idea, if we can find - or afford - one."


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

From all that I can recall of the area, boats are hard to come by at this season, and from this location. Our best course would be horses.

Qadira

The Killer Wasp wrote:
Detect Magic on the stones.

No effect.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point
The Killer Wasp wrote:


"In my experience, the name 'Killer Wasp' attracts the right kind of notice amongst more disreputable types." She winks. "You may call me 'Wasp' if you prefer."

As you would have it. Wasp it will be until you choose to share more of yourself with us. Den chides, smiling back.

As to how to proceed. We walk for now. I have found a game trail that seems to have been used by mounted men recently. We follow this until we find either them or their camp. Depending on how that goes, we either walk or ride from there.

Thinking about the gems Den interjects I have no skill at appraising gems, but I would think that these stones would each be worth much more than even a fine horse and tack. Let us not overpay if we can avoid it. I recommend we do not show all the stones at once. Can anyone appraise the gems individually?


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

Well this is just getting better by the moment, a bounty hunter would have been bad enough, but the Wasp?

*shakes his head in thought*

What was is that “Sly” Redding said before he disappeared? Think dammit! We were drinking at the Silken Veil in Riddleport and the dumb berk said he was leaving town that night. He kept going on about some crazy vigilante named the Wasp… something about a woman that didn’t care a whit about finding the truth as long as it looked good to a magistrate. That by the time she was done, you would rat on your own mother. He was drunk, sure as sure, and it all sounded like some local street myth, but maybe there was something to his ramblings.

Yea, I won’t be letting her out of my sight.

Dendarial wrote:
We walk for now. I have found a game trail that seems to have been used by mounted men recently. We follow this until we find either them or their camp. Depending on how that goes, we either walk or ride from there.

"Sure Dendarial, take the lead, and don’t worry, i’ll be right behind you."

*turns briefly and smiles at Eledlara*

"Riddleport? Been there a time or two, can’t say it’s a place I would care to vacation at, too many thieves, too much organized crime."

And too much competition.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Let's be off then, daylight wanes.

Qadira

40 miles of tracks, 9 hours (including an hour of rest), and five empty waterskins later, you begin to approach small range of large hills.

Perception:

Talia Grace 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Vhalas Rhun1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Dendarial 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Ziyad 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Eledlara 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

You all see horses grazing around the base of the hills. You all also notice that these horses seem heartier and stronger than any horse you've likely ever seen. They seem completely wild.
Everyone but Ziyad also sees what seems to be a man with long brown hair riding out from between two of the hills directly toward the party. He's got two riders behind him, and he's riding fast. He has no shirt, and doesn't seem to be using reins.
He's probably about 1/2 a mile away.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

As I said before, we are a perceptive lot. :)

What do we perceive?


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

"Looks like someone's coming."

The Wasp pulls her crossbow off her back and starts loading it. When she notices a few glances, she shrugs.

"What? I'd rather be prepared." So armed, she squints into the distance where the men are growing closer. "Anyone have dealings with these horsemen before?"


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

I have dealt with a few envoys in my time. Would you like me to try?


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

"Sure Talia, whatever"

Vhalas nods at Eledlara.

"But there’s nothing wrong with a little caution"

Vhalas, shifts his grey cloak over his shoulder freeing his sword arm and deftly slides his short sword out of its scabbard and begins examines the edge. The blade has a dull darkened look to it as if it had been rubbed down with charcoal or some dark oil. Seeming satisfied with the result, Vhalas eases the blade back into the sheath, but leaves his hand on the pommel.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Hey, I didn't put it in my sheet but my familiar has a perception of +7.

Turning to Dendarial's question "...about a hundred platinum altogether, but I'm no expert. In Osirion there's a ston-" Ziyad cuts short as he notices the others break into a loose offensive posture. He looks for the nearest treeline or some cover to put between him and the charging force.

If he can get out of line of sight he'll hide. If there is a tree to climb he will do so.

Stealth:: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Climb:: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Talia steps forward of the group to await the riders, recalling what she can about the Horse Lords and their customs.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den will stand beside Talia holding his bow, but without an arrow knocked. He will be as observant has he can be, taking standard actions to perceive.

Qadira

With nowhere to run, Ziyad moves to the back of the party.

Now standing in the front of the group, Talia reaches out her right hand, palm facing forward, seeming as if to the rest of the party she were telling the riders to stop.

Talia:
You saw this painted in a book

The cloud of dust dissipates as the rider at its head slow to a canter. They are barbarians by their dress, bearing distinctive patterns of war paint on their faces and shoulders, marks repeated in the same dark color on the necks of their equine mounts. They are three in number, although they are now followed by a train of a dozen additional horses. As they pull to a stop, they hold up their right hands, showing that they too brandish no weapons.
The leader of the group, a tall, sun-tanned man with long brown hair with a single braid, urges his mount forward a few steps before speaking. “Strange days these are when the sky is tainted by a dark mist, and the Elves wander from their forest. I am Windbraid. What brings you here?”


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

Hail Windbraid. I am Talia Grace. Here she pauses to allow the other to introduce themselves should they wish.

Following that

Strange days indeed, with many sights to be seen. My party and I are traveling south, toward the city of Riddleport, and heard many tales and legends of the Horse Lords and their great steeds. Do you by chance have any mounts bound for the markets there? Perhaps we can trade here, under the sun and sky?


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Catching on to the open hand, Dendarial throws his bow over his shoulder before the riders close. When Taila pauses he also greets the riders. Well met Windbraid. I am Dendarial of the Wood Elves.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

The Wasp hangs back and keeps her crossbow at hand until the horseman speak. Once their non-hostile intent is clear, she smiles and unloads the weapon, but hangs back.

If Talia has experience with these Varisians, best to let her to do the talking.

Even so, she sweeps her eyes over each of the men, taking them in, trying to get a handle on their strengths.

Detect Evil
Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Qadira

Detect Evil, Sense Motive:

Not Evil
His tone seems to imply that he is indifferent to your exhistance, and that something about the elves and their forest irritate him

Windbraid: "Well met. As you can see, there are many horses here, but they are not to be simply sold at market to the highest bidder. These horses have been raised free as a part of our clan, and we have spent our lives training and caring for them. I would need a reason to trust that you would treat them with the same dignity and respect that we do."
His eyes scan each of you, as if waiting for the slightest hostile action.


Female Elf Cleric 2 / Wizard 1

I fully understand, and while I will not claim to know all about your people I know the tales of their great steeds and the love they are shown. We seek partners in travel, not beasts of burden. Come, let us walk among them as see how they react. It is said that the wild horses of the plains can see to the hearts of men is it not? Let them judge us and find our worth.


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Obviously unarmed, Ziyad stands inquisitively, examining the barbarian's painted symbols.

Linguistics/Decipher script: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

EDIT: yikes, not a lot of awesome going on

Qadira

Talia:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
DC: 17

Ziyad:

You discern nothing special. Seems like intimidating war paint.

Windbraid remains motionless for a moment, his facial expression remaining the same. After staring into Talia's eyes for a moment, he extends his right arm out to the side with his hand open, as if inviting the party to see how the horses respond to them.
Wasp:

Judging by his posture, and facial expressions, he does not seem to have been swayed by Talia's words. It seems apparent to you that he's intent on letting the horses judge you.


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Already up with Talia, Den accepts the test and steps forward. They are truly marvelous creatures. he comments to Windbraid as he walks forward.

He approaches one of the horses he believes to be the best, speaking to it softly, but as an equal. He does not coo or talk down to the beast and reaches out to it first with his hand and then closes with it nose to nose, if the horse will allow. He wants the animal to get his scent.

Handle Animals: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

If the horse accepts me, may I ride?


(Male Half-Elf Rogue 4 AC 18 / HP 34/34 / F +5 R +9 W +4 / Init. +10 / Perc. +10)

If I am being honest, I don’t know a lick about horses. But I know what I like in a partner… quiet, unassuming, and easy to forget about. Strength should be hidden below the surface, like the still waters of a lake with a great beast below waiting to strike. That’s what I am looking for in my steed.

Perception
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

”I prefer for my actions to speak for me.”

With calm, quiet and lithe strides Vhalas steps forward towards the herd, moving in silence and without further words, he looks each of the horses in the eye.

If all this junk is true then the horse should know me, if not... well my feet have gotten me this far.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp makes no move toward the horses, content to let the others mix with them. Instead, she continues to focus on the horsemen.

They don't trust us. Let's put them at ease.

She saunters over.

"I understand your hesitance to help a bunch of mysterious elves, wandering from the forest. You have no reason to trust us with your fine steeds. Perhaps there's something we can do for you, in exchange for your aid? Something that might prove our good intentions?"

She smiles demurely at Windbraid.

"Or maybe you'd even be willing to travel with us for a time? We're headed to Riddleport. With you three and your fine horses, we'd make better time... and you'd be able to take the horses back with you when we've arrived. Assuming you're headed that way."

She allows her eyes to wander over his broad shoulders and tanned skin.

"It would be safer to be in your company, my lord. And maybe you'd find our company equally... satisfactory?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
BOOM! :D

Qadira

As Dendariel performs his woodland motions crocodile dundee check, the steed leans it's head forward, rubbing it's face to Dendarials. With a swift motion, Dendarial scoops his arm around the mane of the horse and mounts it. Without much effort, the horse seems to respond very naturally to Dendariels motions and thoughts, almost as if it were reading his mind.
"Hah, well done. It seems as though you have proven yourself. I will spare your companions the same test. Now, if you plan to take away from our tribe, you must give something of equal value in return. We have plenty to choose from, but heavy and light. Be warned, if we choose to trade with you, you must swear never sell or give these horses to another. One thing you should be aware of is this; if you are simply traveling to Riddleport, we fashion rafts to transport goods down river to sell. The rafts we dismantle and sell as lumber as well. What shall it be?"


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

Den rides for the joy of riding, making a large circle and coming back to answer the horse lord. I cannot speak for the others Windbraid, but for my choice, I will trade you for this horse, and gladly swear to never sell or give her to another. I follow the path of the ranger, and soon I will call an animal companion, I believe my choice has been made this day.

Qadira

The Killer Wasp wrote:

"It would be safer to be in your company, my lord. And maybe you'd find our company equally... satisfactory?"

BOOM! :D

Windbraid seems to be taken by Wasps words"As you like. A few of my men were planning to head south in the morning to patrol. We defend this land and our herds from the violent barbarian tribes of the region. If you have nothing to trade but would like to ride one of our horses down, I will accompany you instead, if you and your companions help me to destroy any barbarians we encounter. You (he says directly to wasp) may ride with me, or along side me. The choice is yours."

Windbraid looks at Dendarial and says
"Any of our steeds would make a fine companion. What is your offer?"
Come to a consensus about which route you will take, and i'll continue from there.


Female Elf Inquisitor (Infiltrator) 4

Wasp's smile splits into a grin.

"I cannot speak for my fellows, but I would be happy to help you deal with your barbarian troubles in exchange for your company."

"Windbraid was it? My friends here call me Wasp." Her eyes wander back to his well muscled chest. "I admit I have little experience riding. But I suspect it would be a pleasure to ride with you."


Male Urban Elf (Rogue 1 / Wizard 3) hp 22/22, AC 16, (T12/FF10), Init +4, Perc +15(16traps). F+3/R+5/W+4

Ziyad interjects himself "How many days ride do you know Riddleport to be, Windbraid? And what kinds of things do you value for trade? I would assume our metals and gemstones are of little use to you on the windswept hills." He pauses. "You say these horses are a part of your clan...if one were sick or dying, what would be the appropriate way to care for them?"


M Elf (Falconer) Ranger 1 (Per: +8/(10 Human) Init:+4, HP 12/12 AC: 17//14/13 F: +3 R: +6 W: +2/4 vs enchantment) Favored Class +1 skill point

First I offer my sword and bow to help you with your enemies. And I offer myself. The horse has chosen me and I treat it as a friend and ally all its days. Den watches the horse lord's eyes trying to read him. And I have these stones. Den shows both but offers one of the gem stones. I am an elf of the wilds. I do not know the value of such things. I will trust you to tell me if this is enough, and to take no offense if I offer too little.

Qadira

"Riddleport is two days travel from here. We find value in many things. Primarily arms and armor of high quality, but precious stones and gold have their place among my people too."

Okay, since these horses are a big investment, let me know what you're getting yourselves into. I'll post the stat block in the discussion section. If you're interested in buying, list whether you want the heavy or light version of the horse. Once that is settled, we can barter.

1 to 50 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Second Darkness: Quest of the Shin'Rakorath All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.