Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


SeanDM's Leverage

Game Master Mur

Heroic-Level Eberron Campaign
Starting at 2nd lvl


101 to 150 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The only trouble with using the skeleton to block the openning is, "then what?" -- you'd have a hole filled with skeleton... There's not much room between the skeleton and the hole, so you can shimmy through with him in there. If you've got a plan for getting around that, then yes, plugging the hole with the skeleton is a fine and workable option. Technically, Thrin has the skeleton plugging the hole right now. A grab holds the target immobile (unless it escapes or you choose to move it).

Orla:

That is true about the rocks. They do d4 and even with her bonuses, she's not doing damage to them... BUT she can use them with her powers (either at will or encounter) and the effect still works even if the damage is zero.

I don't remember those two spells particularly.


Male Human Fighter 2

I don't know if it makes a difference but if the strength check get + 1/2 level that would have made my original check 17. I wasn't sure if that would matter or what that check versus this check was exactly for. I'm guessing first was to grab him/get control of him and this one is to drag him? I missed the though from before about trying to keep the skeleton in the doorway to keep it open, but I think since we have the advantage on the initiative that we'll be okay to keep it open. If a consensus of the group starts shouting at Thringorn to leave him in the doorway he will stop and try to pin him down there, otherwise he will continue dragging. Sean, since these would be free actions and with the nature of posting, I will give you my check for dragging him inside but would like to be able to change to a take down if others in the group all encourage him to do so.

Strength check (to drag or pin) Hefty, Hefty, Hefty!

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Wimpy, Wimpy, Wimpy!


LOL! Love the Hefty, Hefty, Hefty!
Well at this point the skeleton seems to be made of iron... at least that must be Thrin's excuse. The skeleton is held tight, but Thringorn cannot move him from the door.

Alester is welcome to assist pulling the skeleton in...


Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

I would pull and dump the guy into the room as fast as you can. We need these skellies to join us without sounding an alarm or running for reinforcements (if possible). And we need to keep our exit open...maybe? I don't know. This is my first prison break.


Female Eladrin Bard 2

SeanDM: Did I notice one of the two visible skeletons using a key to unlock the food door, and if so, who currently has that key?
Perception: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 2 = 21 Yee-ha, Orla was actually paying attention for once!


Nice roll!
It appears that both skeletons are carrying keys.
The lead skeleton (#1) definitely opened the door, but with your roll, you believe #2 may also carry a key to the food trap.

PS.
I would agree with Savi's assessment. You want to make sure the skeletons don't go running for help. If they bring down their big brothers (true Karrnathi Skeletal Warriors), and you're still inside the damage-dampening room... it could get real ugly.


Female Eladrin Bard 2

"Thringorn, if you can't keep that door open, at least make sure you get the key from ol' boney!"


Female Githzerai Seeker 2

I step forward if necessary. Can I move and throw in the same turn? If so, then:

Bluff
1d20 + 0 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 0 - 2 = 11

"You idiot! What are you doing? They're bringing us food!" as I pretend to throw the rock at Thringorn but actually aim for Skeleton #2.

Grappling Spirits
1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 2 = 13

(vs. AC)

"Sorry, Mr. Skeleton! I was aiming at this barbarian blocking our dinner!"


Zvia's stone misses its target, and you don't think the skeleton bought your little lie (attack missed, no effect; Bluff failed; and yes you can move and "shoot" in the same turn, but you don't really need to -- you have a fine angle from where you are, I'll move you forward if you want.)
Rallnik rushes towards the door. "I'll help!"
If Alester is busy holding the door open, Rallnik will help Thrin pull the skeleton into the room... If Alester is going to help Thrin, then Rallnik will go for the door. It's up to Alester, he goes first.
Rallnik's men follow suit, moving closer to the door, but trying not to clog the area.

Effects of the Room:

Everyone suffers a -10 to damage while in the room.
Everyone that is cuffed is WEAKENED.

Current Player Status:

Alester: chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED)
Orla: suffering imprisonment effects (-2 to all skill checks and lose 1 Healing Surge per day); completely free of chains and cuffs
Savi-Kai: suffering imprisonment effects (lose 1 Healing Surge per day); chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED).
Thringorn: chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED)
Zvia: suffering imprisonment effects (-2 to all skill checks and lose 1 Healing Surge per day); completely free of chains and cuffs.
**Imprisonment effects last till you reach 2 milestones.

Map Notes:

The exit to upstair is at the North end of the hall.
The ally npcs are colored green (lettered A-H).
Rallnik, Thanis, and Nirifanya are labeled with thier first initial.

RED DOTS indicate bloodied npcs (ally and enemy, players are NOT marked).


Enemy Stats:

Skeletons: AC = ?? , FORT = ?? , REF = ?? , WILL = ??

======================================================================
INITIATIVE -- bold shows who's turn it is
Thringorn: weakened (1/2 dam)
Alester: weakened (1/2 dam)
Zvia
Nirifanya
Rallnik
Rallnik's men (A-D)
Orla
Savi: weakened (1/2 dam)

Thanis
Thanis's men (E-H)
Skeletons
1: Grabbed by Thrin
2:
3:
4:
======================================================================

Alester, it's your turn.
Orla and Savi, you'll be next if you want to post, you can.

<< Same Map >> I'll try to get a new map later.


Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

I am working on my post, but I need to change something I'd written before. Instead of pulling the Skeletons in here, we may want to push them out. We'll fight much better out of this room. I doubt that the damage reduction affects the skeletons. We're not going to get very far with a constant -10. So maybe, push into the hall?


Female Eladrin Bard 2
Savi-kai wrote:
I am working on my post, but I need to change something I'd written before. Instead of pulling the Skeletons in here, we may want to push them out. We'll fight much better out of this room. I doubt that the damage reduction affects the skeletons. We're not going to get very far with a constant -10. So maybe, push into the hall?

Agreed that we need to get out of this room ASAP, but I think pulling one or both of the skeletons at the door into the room may be an important first step. I'm not sure exactly how the rules work, but if we crawl out through the door with two skeletons standing there, won't they both get attacks of opportunity on us while we are prone? That seems like it could be devastatingly bad for us. Whereas if we get one or both of them into the room, we can overrun them with sheer force of numbers and still have a person or two free to work on getting the door open...


Yes on all accounts.
You do want to get out of this room as fast as possible, you may even have to leave this level of the Keep.
You can guess that the skeletons most likely are not effected by the spell (it wouldn't make sense to have a jail where the guards are just as helpless as the prisoners).
If you pull a guard or two into the room, your numbers will allow you to keep them incapacitated.
As for AoO, if there is a guard standing at the door when you move out (unless you could shift, which you can't in this case because you'll be crawling), he will get to attack you. And since you're prone when you crawl out, he'll have a better shot at it.

Thringorn has a hold on the firs guard, the skeleton is wedged in the door. If Alester wants he can help pull him in (Strength Check); if Alester holds the door, then Rallnik will assist with the skeleton... if the group decides to push the skeleton into the hall, Rallnik can do that too.


Male Human Fighter 2

If we can get the skeleton inside and get the key, we can find out if the key opens the main door as well and if it also opens the shackles. Do we know if it is a single key or a key ring with multiple keys? Also, can we tell if we could unlock the main door with the key from inside the cell? We do need to get out of here asap but getting everyone out of their shackles would help greatly in movement and fighting. Just some food for thought.


Female Eladrin Bard 2
Thringorn wrote:
If we can get the skeleton inside and get the key, we can find out if the key opens the main door as well and if it also opens the shackles. Do we know if it is a single key or a key ring with multiple keys? Also, can we tell if we could unlock the main door with the key from inside the cell? We do need to get out of here asap but getting everyone out of their shackles would help greatly in movement and fighting. Just some food for thought.

Yes, when I made my last post I hadn't realize just how bad you and Alester have it... half off damage and then minus ten is HARSH.

Orla will viciously mock skeleton #2:
"Decrep't, mouldering pile of bone
Server of swill that makes us groan
No grey stuff sullies your skull's dome
Your guarding skills? Aye, overblown."

1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 2 = 11 versus Will (Ack, they have no appreciation for poetry!)


Female Eladrin Bard 2

Err, that last action should have started Orla will step forward and viciously mock...


Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

As I walk forward, I pull out my sword.

Thringorn, don't resist when you feel the tug. If this works, I am going to bring Mr. Boney in here. I look to the others around me. I am going to need some help over here in just a moment!

A shot lightning flashes out from my blade towards S1 but arcs wildly and sizzles into the wall in the hallway.

Move to I12 and Lightning Lure on S1 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 vs Fort Excellent start! Perhaps I should stab myself next time.

Stupid room! I shake my sword in frustration. Looks like we're going to have to do this the old fashioned way.


Female Eladrin Bard 2

Just remembered, in addition to getting keys from the skeleton(s), we need to get sword(s)!


Male Human Blackguard Level 2

I will try to help to pull the skeleton in! Strength check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 not sure if that will help...


Alester is able to help drag the skeleton into the room (you had to beat a 14), while Rallnik leaps for the door to hold it open.
Now that the door is held open and not blocked, you can escape through the food openning -- it's a very tight fit. It takes 3 points of movement to get through, you grant combat advantage during your movement, AND you have to beat a DC 16 Acrobatics Check to avoid getting stuck... see [EFFECTS OF THE ROOM]

Thanis runs for the openning, "We're going to have to make this fast!" (he takes a double move to get through, and he provokes an Opportunity Attack from Skel2 (OA: **HIT**)... Acrob Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24... but! he's on the other side now!). Thanis's men move in closer to the front...

Then the skeletons attack.
S1 attempts to break free: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 - *fail* he's still grabbed
S2 swings again at Thanis: *miss*
S3&S4 draw swords and advance to Thanis: *miss* and **HIT**

Thanis is hit a few times, but he is naturally dextrous and is able to spin out of a few of the hits. He is doing okay for now (not bloodied, will need back-up soon)

Effects of the Room:

Everyone suffers a -10 to damage while in the room.
Everyone that is cuffed is WEAKENED.
It costs three movement points to squeeze through the door's food openning, you grant combat advantage while doing so, and it requires an Acrobatics Check (DC 16) to avoid getting stuck.

Current Player Status:

Alester: chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED)
Orla: suffering imprisonment effects (-2 to all skill checks and lose 1 Healing Surge per day); completely free of chains and cuffs
Savi-Kai: suffering imprisonment effects (lose 1 Healing Surge per day); chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED).
Thringorn: chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED)
Zvia: suffering imprisonment effects (-2 to all skill checks and lose 1 Healing Surge per day); completely free of chains and cuffs.
**Imprisonment effects last till you reach 2 milestones.

Map Notes:

It costs three movement points to squeeze through the door's food openning, and requires an Acrobatics Check (DC 16) to get through.
The exit to upstairs is at the North end of the hall.
The ally npcs are colored green (lettered A-H).
Rallnik, Thanis, and Nirifanya are labeled with thier first initial.

RED DOTS indicate bloodied npcs (ally and enemy, players are NOT indicated).


======================================================================
INITIATIVE -- bold shows who's turn it is
Thringorn: weakened (1/2 dam)
Alester: weakened (1/2 dam)
Zvia

Nirifanya
Rallnik holding open the door
Rallnik's men (A-D)
Orla
Savi: weakened (1/2 dam)
Thanis
Thanis's men (E-H)
Skeletons
1: Grabbed by Thrin (and now in the room)
2:
3:
4:
======================================================================

Thringorn it's your turn!
Alester and Zvia, you'll be next if you want to post, you can.

<<New Map>>


Male Human Fighter 2

Thringorn will delay until after Thanis' men, allowing anyone who wants to escape the cell get out.

Everyone get out while you can, I have this corpse under control!

Upon his turn, Thringorn will attempt to overpower the skeleton and take the keys away from him. If someone is able to get the keys before his turn, then he will try to maintain the hold.

Strength check to grab the keys/maintain the hold

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Female Eladrin Bard 2

In a voice just loud enough for them to hear, Orla says "Zvia, Savi, help out brave Thanis if you can! He's going to get torn to pieces out there if we can't support him..."


Female Githzerai Seeker 2

SeanDM, do I have a clear shot at skeleton #2?


Zvia wrote:
SeanDM, do I have a clear shot at skeleton #2?

Yes and no. Your allies are never a problem when shooting (there's no chance you'll hit them, and they don't provide cover for your enemies). The trouble is the food slot -- it's a small openning.

So, the skeleton has what is called "Superior Cover" (you have a -4 to hit him).


Female Eladrin Bard 2
SeanDM wrote:
Zvia wrote:
SeanDM, do I have a clear shot at skeleton #2?

Yes and no. Your allies are never a problem when shooting (there's no chance you'll hit them, and they don't provide cover for your enemies). The trouble is the food slot -- it's a small openning.

So, the skeleton has what is called "Superior Cover" (you have a -4 to hit him).

What about skeleton #1?


Orla wrote:
What about skeleton #1?

Free and clear.

Skeleton #1 is Grabbed (which makes it Immobilized, ie. it cannot move, though it can still act/attack). Since your friends never grant cover to your enemies, theirs no issue here. Sure, realistically, if Thringorn were holding the skeleton in a bear hug, there would be some added difficulty with hitting the skeleton with a ranged shot... but in 4E rules, you have a clear shot.
The only thing that can provide cover, would be physical objects between you and your target (like the door) or other enemies (if skeleton #3 or #4 were in your way).


I think ATN is on vacation right now (his anniversary). I'll NPC his turn tonight/tomorrow, so we can keep it moving...
Zvia, you can take you turn, you don't have to wait for me.


Female Githzerai Seeker 2

I'm going to try using my Flickering Arrow power (or, in this case, Flickering Stone) on Skeleton #1.

1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 2 = 16
(vs. AC)


16's a hit!
You might be able to cause some damage to the guard. you get a d4 + d6 + wis mod, so might be able to overcome the -10 damage effect.
Roll for damage.

Zvia's well placed stone clacks off the skeleton and little motes of primal light surge up around it. all enemies within 5 squares now suffer a -2 to hit till end of Zvia's next turn ("TEZviaNT").


Female Githzerai Seeker 2

Thwonk!
1d4 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + (3) + 5 = 9

hahahahahahahaha ... ha ... sigh


Female Eladrin Bard 2

Does "Superior Cover" only apply to attacks that are versus AC? ie if I do something which is Charisma vs Will on a skeleton which has superior cover, do I take a -4 penalty?


Cover applies to your Attack Roll, so it doesn't matter what defense you're targeting. I know, it sounds strange that Willpower attacks would suffer from cover, but it keeps things simple and balanced... so, short answer: yes, cover protects you from all attacks.


PS. Sorry about not posting in the last few days, this week was our big football week -- last night we beat up on our rivals (beat up on them, badly), the score could easily have been 60+ to 6. It was a fun night of football! JV is tonight and varsity is Friday...
I'll get back on track this weekend

Maybe Alester will be back from his vacation and will be able to post before I do, that way I don't have to NPC his move...


Male Human Blackguard Level 2

I try to crush the bones of the skeleton I am holding. I will make a Strength attack against 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 I think it a hit...

Not sure if I get combat advantage in this scenario...if I do I do an extra + 2 damage because of my Dark menace class feature. If not I think I only do 1d4 + STR damage :1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Alester, good solid hit, but the room causes a -10 to damage, and you're WEAKENED... so, no damage -- you'll need to get out of the cell and out of your cuffs before you can inflict any serious damage.

Alester tries to inflict pain on the skeleton he is helping restrain, but the room and his cuffs cancel any real damage.

Nirifanya mutters to himself something in elvish and makes a move to get through the openning. You see him drop to all fours as he charges at the door and slips through easily (He takes a double move action to get to K15, he makes his Acrobatics Check,but provokes two AOs from the skeletons, the first misses, the second gets in a good hit)

Click if you speak Elven:
"Fathers protect me, don't let my quests end here..."

Rallnik yells, "Try to get that bag of bones out of the doorway, everyone else into that hall!" Look at EFFECTS OF ROOM, to see how to get through
Rallnick continues to hold the door and waves others through.
He will assist the first player to try and get through the openning.(+2 to your Acrobatics Check). His men won't leave the room till he does... so they just stay near the door hoping to find a way to help.

Effects of the Room:

Everyone suffers a -10 to damage while in the room.
Everyone that is cuffed is WEAKENED.
It costs three movement points to squeeze through the door's food openning, and requires an Acrobatics Check (DC 16) to get through

Current Player Status:

Alester: chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED)
Orla: suffering imprisonment effects (-2 to all skill checks and lose 1 Healing Surge per day); completely free of chains and cuffs
Savi-Kai: suffering imprisonment effects (lose 1 Healing Surge per day); chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED).
Thringorn: chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED)
Zvia: suffering imprisonment effects (-2 to all skill checks and lose 1 Healing Surge per day); completely free of chains and cuffs.
**Imprisonment effects last till you reach 2 milestones.

Map Notes:

It costs three movement points to squeeze through the door's food openning, and requires an Acrobatics Check (DC 16) to get through.
The exit to upstairs is at the North end of the hall.
The ally npcs are colored green (lettered A-H).
Rallnik, Thanis, and Nirifanya are labeled with thier first initial.

RED DOTS indicate bloodied npcs (ally and enemy, players are NOT indicated).


======================================================================
INITIATIVE -- bold shows who's turn it is
Thringorn: weakened (1/2 dam)
Alester: weakened (1/2 dam)
Zvia
Nirifanya
Rallnik holding open the door, Assisting Acrobatics to the first player to enter
Rallnik's men (A-D)
Orla
Savi: weakened (1/2 dam)

Thanis will attempt to push the skeletons from the doorway when he gets a chance
Thanis's men (E-H)
Skeletons
1: Grabbed by Thrin and Alester (and now in the room)
2:
3:
4:
======================================================================

Orla and Savi, you're up!

<<map>>


Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

Did we determine if S1 (inside the room with us) has any keys?

Aureon, I ask for your interference and shielding. Aegis of Shielding on S1

Lightning Lure on S1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 vs REF uh...no

HP: 37/37, Surges: 10/11(-1), AP: 1/1


Female Eladrin Bard 2

"Great shot, Zvia, now let's get out of here!"

Orla takes a double move and gracefully dives through the door. Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 + 2 = 23. She tries move to the far side of the hallway and down a bit (K17).


@Savi - he does have keys, but Thrin was unable to wrestle them away... his strength check wasn't high enough -- he's using all his energy to keep him held. Alester who is helping hold the skeleton, didn't go for the keys, either.
That said. The keys probably just unlock the door (and maybe other doors upstairs). It would be unlikely for the keys to unlock your cuffs -- there's no reason for these skeletons to carry those particular keys.

Also, Savi. You know that this skeleton in here is held pretty tight (and fairly harmless at the moment). It might be wiser to use your aegis on one of the skeletons at the door. That way if they try to take their Attacks of Opportunity on Orla (which they are about to do), you'll be able to shield her.
Just a thought.

@Orla: EXCELLENT Roll!
Orla easily slips through the door like it's not even there. Both skeletons swing back their swords ready to chop down on her (waiting on these OA's, to see if Savi wants to change her mark).

Orla, you also feel a wash of fey energy once you slip out the door. You know your eladrin abilities are full and the effects of the room don't extend into the hall. (you now do full damage and can use Fey Step when you want)


Female Eladrin Bard 2
SeanDM wrote:

@Orla: EXCELLENT Roll!

Orla easily slips through the door like it's not even there. Both skeletons swing back their swords ready to chop down on her (waiting on these OA's, to see if Savi wants to change her mark).

Technically speaking, Orla's turn is before Savi's anyway, isn't it? Certainly when I moved, I thought my only edge was the -2 to hit penalty all the skeletons are currently under. :)


Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

I would like to adjust my move.

Blah, blah, blah...Shift to J13. Shield! Strike...badly missing...all on S3 instead of S1.

Keys are still not a bad idea...an open door is easier to fit through.


Male Human Fighter 2

If we are not able to do any damage to these skeletons perhaps we can drag them into the cell and lock them in. Just another idea if we still are struggling to take them down out in the hallway.


Orla wrote:
Technically speaking, Orla's turn is before Savi's anyway, isn't it? Certainly when I moved, I thought my only edge was the -2 to hit penalty all the skeletons are currently under. :)

Glad you reminded me about the -2 to hit... would've forgotten about that otherwise.

As for the order of moves, when groups of players turns come up (like you and Savi), I don't mind if one player acts before the other... it speeds up posting a bit. So, I'd allow it.


Savi's move has been fixed.

As Orla easily slids through the door's food openning, the skeletons flankning the door try and take swipes at her.
Opportunity Attacks:
S2's Scimitar 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 = 22 vs AC, hit for: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
(marked) S3's Scimitar 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 13 vs AC, miss

Total Damage to PLAYERS
Orla: 12

PS
Thrin's idea of locking the skeletons in the cell seems like a pretty good idea if you can pull it off. you'll want to make sure you get all the keys off of them before you go about it.


Thanis shouts as he begins throwing punches "You face a true soldier of Karrnath!"
While his men move up ready to take control of the skeleton in the room. "We've got this sirs, grab another!" Thrin, you can end your grab as a free action; and AllyE will take over holding him (AllyE succeeded in his grab attempt and has it readied to take over)

Thanis swings at Skeleton2, Marking him.
Punch vs S2: *hit* for minor damage.
Thanis's men:
E - steps up and readies an action to take the skeleton (will hold), F, G, and H all assist (giving him a +6).

The skeletons descend upon Thanis. He fights them off as best as he can, but he is getting winded... (and now Bloodied). Nirifanya utters, "The spirits will save him" (Niri will heal Thanis on his next turn).

Skeletons:
S1: Tries to break free: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9, *fail* Still held by either Thrin or allyE... whoever's got him
S2: Attacks Thanis, *miss*
S3: Attacks Thanis, *miss* (Savi's mark saved him, the skeleton missed by 1)
S4: Attacks Thanis (flanked), **CRIT** Thanis is now Bloodied

Effects of the Room:

Everyone suffers a -10 to damage while in the room.
Everyone that is cuffed is WEAKENED.
Getting through the door: It costs three movement points to squeeze through the door's food openning, and requires an Acrobatics Check (DC 16) to get through

Current Player Status:

Alester: chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED)
Orla: suffering imprisonment effects (-2 to all skill checks and lose 1 Healing Surge per day); completely free of chains and cuffs
Savi-Kai: suffering imprisonment effects (lose 1 Healing Surge per day); chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED).
Thringorn: chains broken, still cuffed (WEAKENED)
Zvia: suffering imprisonment effects (-2 to all skill checks and lose 1 Healing Surge per day); completely free of chains and cuffs.
**Imprisonment effects last till you reach 2 milestones.

Map Notes:

It costs three movement points to squeeze through the door's food openning, and requires an Acrobatics Check (DC 16) to get through.
The exit to upstairs is at the North end of the hall.
The ally npcs are colored green (lettered A-H).
Rallnik, Thanis, and Nirifanya are labeled with thier first initial.

RED DOTS indicate bloodied npcs (ally and enemy, players are NOT indicated).
ORANGE DOTS indicate Savi-Kai's mark.
BROWN DOTS are NPC marks.


======================================================================
INITIATIVE -- bold shows who's turn it is
Thringorn: weakened (1/2 dam)
Alester: weakened (1/2 dam)
Zvia

Nirifanya
Rallnik holding open the door, weakened
Rallnik's men (A-D), all weakened
Orla
Savi: weakened (1/2 dam)
Thanis: Bloodied
Thanis's men (E-H), E is not weakened, the rest are.
Skeletons
1: Grabbed by Thrin and Alester (or maybe by Allys E-H)
2: Marked by Thanis
3: Marked by Savi (Aegis)
4:
======================================================================

Thrin, Alester, Zvia, you're all up!

<<map>>


Male Human Fighter 2

Thringorn had delayed until after Thanis' men so he is technically acting before the skeletons; not sure if it will make any difference or not. He will let the Ally take over the hold and go for another in the hall. Once the Ally takes over he will grab the key off the skeleton (minor action?). He moves through the food slot to J16 and grabs skeleton 2.

Strength Check

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Nirifanya, grab the key and open the cell door!


Thringorn wrote:

Thringorn had delayed until after Thanis' men...

Dang, I'm sorry --- I missed that you had delayed your turn. No worries. It doesn't change much. Thanis's men would stay inside to grab that skeleton and hope someone can open the door -- they don't have good chances of slipping through in combat. The skeletons in the hall would still have attacked Thanis. So not much changes. I'll fix the initiative list.

So.
It's a minor action to grab the keys.
But moving through the door requires a DC16 Acrobatics Check.
Fail and you're stuck in the hole for the turn, unable to grab the skeleton. (you could use another move action to try another Acrobatics Check, but again you won't be able to grab the skeleton.
Succeed, and you will continue your move and your grab will be successful!
It is a standard action to unlock the door in combat.
PS. Regardless of the outcome, both skeletons will take a whack at you as you try to get through the door. Which triggers a chain reaction of hits, b/c Thanis gets to whack at the skeleton that he has marked when it tries to hit you...

The skeletons notice the new arrival out the food door and take swings at Thringorn's head.
Opportunity Attacks:
(marked by Thanis) S2 vs Thringorn 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 11 vs AC, *miss*
(marked by Savi) S3 vs Thirngorn 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 20 vs AC, **HIT** for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Thanis's OA vs S2, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 vs AC, *miss*

Total Damage to PLAYERS
Thringorn: 10 (but Savi can shield you for 9 of that, so you only take 1... I assuming she'll shield you -- she can only do it once per turn, but this seems like a good use of a shield)

Alester and Zvia are up.
Thrin, I need an Acrobatics Check from you.
Savi, I need confirmation that you are shielding Thrin.


Male Human Fighter 2

Acrobatics check

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

HP: 41/42 Temp HP: 0/0 Surges: 12/12 AP: 1/1


Female Eladrin Bard 2

When S2 misses Thanis, can Orla use the Virtue of Cunning to slide him down a square, so he is no longer flanked by all three skeletons? I'm not sure how useful (or welcome!) that would be, but I thought I should check and see. Probably too late at this point anyway...


Nice roll, Thrin! You're through and have S2 Grabbed.

Orla, go ahead and move away! :) Where did you want to move S2 to? (haha! "too-too"). I15, J16, K16?


Female Eladrin Bard 2

I was very confused by this, but it's Thanis I can slide 1, not S2. Or at least, that's my understanding of the rule. I'd like to move Thanis to J17 if I can.


Ahhhh! lol, I misunderstood. Yes, upon reading your power, you slide the ally not the attacker.

Thanis doesn't want to move.
If he shifts down, he invites all the skeletons to move down too... bringing the skeletons closer to the casters (you and Niri), maybe even covering up the doorway. He'll hold ground here and take the hits (he's used to it, he's a fighter).

Orla, you can still force the issue. If you want to pull him 1 square to you, you can.


Female Eladrin Bard 2

I won't do it against his will. Would he find it useful to slide forward to H16? If so, I'll do it, otherwise I'll just skip cunning this round.


Female Eladrin Bard 2

Just to make it official: Orla calls out, in a voice loud enough to carry to our entire group, "The spell blocking our powers isn't active out here in the hallway."

101 to 150 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SeanDM's Leverage All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.