Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

SeanDM's Leverage

Game Master Mur

Heroic-Level Eberron Campaign
Starting at 2nd lvl


1 to 50 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Some Useful Information about the world you live on:
The planet is an earth-like version of Saturn, or maybe a Saturn-like version of Earth (either way, imagine a world complete with rings and moons). It is a planet home to all manner of creature and race, dragons, goblins, undead, and even worse things that "go bump in the night". The world is divided into three regions: Siberys (known as "The Dragon Above", it is the sky above and all the celestial bodies), Eberron ("The Dragon Between", it is the land you live on and the creatures of it), and Khyber ("The Dragon Below", the underdark, the deep realm, the ancient view of Hades and the Underworld). Siberys contains twelve visible moons and a glowing golden ring that circles the planet and provides faint light most nights. Khyber is the underdark realm, the root of nightmares and most evil things that crawl up from the ground. Eberron is the material realm...

The continent you are on is called Khorvaire. It is a land of magic, with floating cities, trains that ride on lightning, and airships that are powered by great elements... it is also a land that was recently torn apart by a 100 year war. You are currently located in the castle fortress of Fort Bones. A small holding in the Kingdom of Karrnath. Located on its southwestern edge, near the halfling's Talenta Plains and the now magical wasteland known as the Mournland. There are no major roads that lead here, it's not attached to the lightning rail. It is as far from the center of Karrnath as you can get... The keep itself is very rough, its owner and workers even more so... and the prison cell you find yourselfs in is worse yet. (Think of the Castle Black of the Night's Watch in the beginning of the Game of Thrones).

A little bit of general knowledge about Karrnath:
It is a fiercely proud land, it has a strong military tradition (all citizens must serve at least 2 years), it is one of the oldest human kingdoms in Khorvaire. Towns tend to be a bit on the dark and somber side, built for military purposes; tombs and war statuary are common -- picture fantasy versions of Eastern European/Russian towns (or at least American-movie versions of Eastern European/Russian towns! lol). Magic is strong in Karranth, it has one of Khorvaire's most premier Arcane Institutes. And Undead are EVERYWHERE -- Karrnathi use undead as soldiers, guards, and laborers... but not all Kharrnathi undead are good!

You are in deep in the castle's prison, most of you have been transferred here from larger cities and larger prisons. You don't know why you have been moved... but here you rot, waiting these last few days for whatever the authorities have in mind for you.

Click on your name to read more information about events that surround you being here:

@Alester:

Your journey ended in Karrnath, where the Church had sent you to the City of Rekkenmark to punish General Tharrikis. The Church told you he was stealing corpses from neighboring Aundair and your home of Thrane to build a new form of undead warrior. Tharrikis, was desecrating honorable people's graves and fouling their remains with evil necromancy. He and his opperation had to be stopped. You and 3 squires were sent to one of his "factories" to destory the undead creation forge and return with whatever evidence you could find. You performed your mission as best as possible, one of your squires (Zakkary) died in the fight, a second (Natale) was sent running to escape with the evidence, while you and your third squire (Anderson) held off the guards. You lasted an hour, piling corpses on top of corpses as more and more undead guards came for you... (it might be cool if that's when your dragonmark manifested... as you called on your rage to help you fight)... eventually you blacked out from exertion. You awoke in Rekkenmark Prison, chained to the wall with several other prisoners (mostly military prisoners -- those that tried to go AWOL, those that assulted superior officers, and the like).
Looking back on it now, it was a fool's mission. You realize now that you were probably set-up to fail. Had the Church grown tired of your rage? Maybe someone high up felt threatened by your new abilities (hate makes you stronger and all that good Dark Side stuff, lol)? Maybe it was just a test and you have failed it and your God...
You don't know what happened to Anderson, and you can only hope that Natale made it out with the evidence needed to stop Tharrikis.
You spent several weeks in Rekkenmark prison, you believe that you would either be beheaded for your crimes or left to die a slow and painful death. Here is where you met Thringorn, he was here when you awoke. The two of you sat in chains near enough each other that you could converse without letting others hear... 2 months ago you, Thringorn, and 6 other imprisoned soldiers were shipped out. You were sent on a long journey from jail cell to jail cell, along the way you picked up several new prisoners, including Gith Zvia, and eventually ended up in the dungeon of Castle Bones. The Eladrin Orla and the Genasi Savi-Kai have been here for about a week. You have just arrived.

@Orla:

You had been wandering the Talenta Plains, a nice place to get lost in -- easy to hide among the tribes of nomadic halflings that call the steppes home. You had finally decided to leave exile and your first stop was the City of Vedykar, in Karrnath. You were in town less than a day when you were taken by the local military police. They had evidence of your killing (and it seems a few other crimes were attached to your name). The magistrate seemed honest when he read the charges, but as the list continued to grow, you realized someone has set you up to take a very big fall. You rotted in a prison cell in Vedykar for years it seemed. Savi-Kai was addded to the cell and not long after, orders came for the two of you and one other (a male halfelf named Nirifanya) to be transfered. A few days journey over land (no real roads to speak of) and you find yourself in the remote keep of Bones. You have been here less than a week. Two warriors (Thringorn and Alaster) and the archer Zvia have just arrived, along with a caravan load of prisoners.

@Savi-Kai:

You tracked Marn D'Vedys (the minor noble you believe caused your families death) to Vedykar a fairly nice city in the heart of Karrnath. You seemed to do everything wrong the day you found him. You approached him too soon (without a real plan), you gave too much information about yourself and your family, letting on too easily all that you suppected him of, and you let yourself get too worked up when he turned his charisma against you... Marn easily manipulated you into raging out at him in public. You attacked him and his guards. It took a full force of city Guard to restrain and detain you. You landed in Vedykar's prison (a relatively nice place as far as prisons go, it's where you met Orla). Your crime (assulting a noble, his guards, and the City Guard) is one punishable by death... for whatever reason, the sentence was not carried out immediately. Not long after, they had you and Orla and one other (a halfelf named Nirifanya) transfered to a new prison. You traveled a few days over land (no real roads to speak of) and you find yourself in the remote keep of Bones. You have been here less than a week. Two warriors (Thringorn and Alaster) and the archer Zvia have just arrived, along with a caravan load of prisoners.

@Thringorn:

You are from the City of Rekkenmark. It is the premiere training ground for Karrnath's military... perhaps you learned your fighter moves from an ex-soldier? maybe you were enlisted (all Karrnathi citizens must serve 2 years)? maybe you just watched the training grounds and picked up your skill by studying them...
Rekkenmark is a stern city, once a jewel of Karrnath and the Bridge to Aundair, it is now more military installation than city. Easy enough of a place to find questionable mercenary work, like the job of killing a murderous thief. When you were offered the job of killing Keborath, you were down on your luck and needed the work, perhaps that's why you didn't look too hard at the specifics. You took the payment and finished the job easy enough. But the military guards were laying in wait, someone had tipped them off -- maybe it was your employer, you never did get his name (but you know he had a dragonmark, the Mark of Shadow -- most people think this is a mark used for artistry and illusion, but darker folk like you know that it is a mark used for spies and assassins -- generally this mark is only found on elves, but your employer was human... very odd).
You landed in Rekkenmark prison. You should have been beheaded immediately for your crime, but you've been left to rot for whatever reason. You've spent the better part of a year, chained to a wall in a large prison cell, most other prisoners are chained to the far way away from you, they include standard military prisoners (AWOL, striking a superior, dereliction of duty...). A few months ago Alaster was brought in and chained to the wall near you, near enough each other that you could converse without letting others hear... 2 months ago you, Alaster, and 6 other imprisoned soldiers were shipped out. You were sent on a long journey from jail cell to jail cell, along the way you picked up several new prisoners, including the Gith Zvia, and eventually ended up in the dungeon of Castle Bones. The Eladrin Orla and the Genasi Savi-Kai have been here for about a week. You have just arrived.

@Zvia:

As a gith, you live a monastic lifestyle, being a Seeker and tied to the primal energies of land, I imagine you have done some traveling (think: wandering Jedi). There is a post for you in the discussion board if you missed it (<< go here >>). We never established what crime Zvia would have committed to land her in prison with murderers and such. Perhaps it was a mistake of human custum that landed you in jail and maybe you still don't understand what landed you here?... Karrnath is highly militaristic, perhaps something clicked and made you think too much of the warlike Githyanki (you have a racial disdain of your cousins and their beliefs), and maybe you just snapped and lashed out at the wrong person at the wrong time??... Perhaps as an outsider you were an easy mark for someone shaddy (now your Insight is so high, this person must have been a REALLY good bluffer or perhaps skilled in magic/psionic means of hiding their bluffs), and you were tricked into a crime???...
Whatever it was that landed you in prison, you found yourself in the Capitol of the Kingdom of Karrnath. It's prison was vast, you spent several weeks locked up, and then last month a prison transport arrived. Thringorn and Alaster and several other prisoners were already in towe. You joined the armed transport and a week or more later found yourself in the dungeon of Castle Bones. The Eladrin Orla and the Genasi Savi-Kai have been here for about a week. You have just arrived.

<< A map of Khorvaire >>
(Karrnath is in the upper Northeast part of the continent)

<< A map of .... >>
(A close-up view of where you are currently located)


Daily "life" in Bones Prison:
There isn't one. You rot in the cell, some of you have been here for a bit, others have just recently arrived. Castle Bones is remote (again: There are no major roads that lead here, it's not attached to the lightning rail, and it is as far from the center of Karrnath as you can get... ) -- It is odd that you would be sent here of all places. Not counting the five of you, there are about 12 other prisoners. You all share one large dungeon cell. Your hands and feet are kept manacled, but you are not bound to the walls or kept in separate cages. Undead guards (mostly skeleton, one of the reasons the Castle earned its name) come to feed you occasionally. The food's not great, but it will do (Thringorn's probably had worse; and Orla finds this standard prison food, she's gotten used to it -- but the rest of you have to try and slog it down as best you can). You have yet to see another living creature (execpt your fellow inmates, and the prison transport guards that brought you in).

SO!
Start by physically describing your character and then:
Let me know your thoughts on your personal info from above AND how you react to your compainions.
And
Let's get some rolls in:
EVERYONE needs to give me an Endurance Check, Thrin and Orla get a +2.
Then you are welcome to make any other checks for the situation, tell me the skill(s) you want to use and how you want to use it:
Perception (searching/looking at objects), Insight (reading emotions/looking at people), Streetwise (a mix of "knowledge humanoid" and "knowledge urban"), other knowledge rolls (history, religion...) ... or any other skill you'd like to try.


Female Eladrin Bard 2

Orla is six foot tall and thin, with silver hair tied up in a bun and very fair (but definitely flesh-toned) skin. Her purple eyes have no whites, and she is quite beautiful in an exotic way. Her traveller's robe is simple but elegant, and well-used. She is maintaining her dignity and poise here.

If other prisoners need healing / first aid, she would attempt to provide it.

Endurance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Streetwise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 -- trying to get a feel for the pecking order here, and a notion of the nature of the other prisoners.
History: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 -- trying to remember anything handy about this prison or similar ones.

I'll sure my thoughts with SeanDM and some backstory with Savi-Kai in the morning.


Female Eladrin Bard 2

For SeanDM:
I'm fine with the having come from Talenta Plains, but please let that be just the most recent stop on her wanderings -- I'm not sure I could take Orla seriously if she spent the last fifty years hanging out with hobbits riding dinosaurs!

Given that she's been in prison a while (was it literally years?), she would have tried to escape, I think. Obviously she failed, but she might have learned something useful in the process.

Does Orla have any idea if she knows something which is the reason for her being shanghai'd this way, as we discussed earlier? No problem if the answer is no! Being charged with crimes she didn't commit changes everything, as far as she's concerned.

As for reaction to the others, what does she think of Nirifanya? Insight 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

And does she have any clue if her bardic powers (I'm particularly thinking Vicious Mockery) have any effect on skeletons?

Are the skeletons armed?

Savi-Kai Backstory Fragment:
Once they've had a chance to get to know each other."You know, I'm not one to indulge in conspiracy theories," (she totally is, actually) "but it strikes me as very odd that I wasn't arrested only for my actual crimes, which should have been more than enough to put me away for a good while. Why did someone tack a bunch of additional crimes on? It's as if getting me out of the way was much more important than actual justice...


Male Human Blackguard Level 2

Physical Decription: Alester Redwyne seems taller than he really is. His Worn face and Harsh eyes give the impression that he would rather kill you outright than having to listen to anything you have to say. He is well muscled but being in prison has kept him malnourished and not able to keep up his rigorous training regimen. His Ugly Dragonmark is perfectly visible. It runs from his back to his right arm. The pattern that weaves down is flesh is unsettling to even Alester himself. Visisble scars can bee seen everywhere on his body and face but the fresh ones are near his dragonmark as he has tried to cut it off. His Hair once sported the miltary cut of a soldier but now the very life seems to be drained out of it as it has grown white and unkempted. His anger at his situation is great and he takes it out on the gurards and the cell as much as he can.

For SeanDM:
Backstory pretty much fits excatly what I was going for. The dragonmark would of manifested a little after the mission. I see it as a symbolic change to my character. When the mark appeared he knew that the Flame was punishing him. He was following the wrong people and that his mission lies elsewhere. He didn't to that conclusion right away of course but you get the idea. Anyways it perfectly fits my toon! Awesome thanks!!!

Possible character intercations

For Thringorn:
Alester would of recognise you as a warrior type. I think we would of sympathise with your your freedom of choosing who to work for. Alester still foloows the Silver flame so that would of popped up in conversion. If nothing else I would of made my intention to leave the prison clear! Once an oppurtunity presents itself Alester would like to count on you for support and he would let you know that you could count on him.Open to any other suggestions of course.

For Orla:
Alester may look scary and act scary...but never towards you or the other prisoners. He woudn't of started of converasation with anyone but he would of spoke up about how Justice is dispensed and how this punishment does good for no one. He still follows his religion zealously and its evident in his prayers. He does have a very healthy distrust of the leaderships however. and that could something he would talk to you about... Consiperacy theories!!

For Savi-Kai:
Alester would of recognize your "otherworldness" early on I would think. The silver flame was not very tolerant of other races in the past and trained its memebers to notice such things. That being said Alester would of actually tried to be nice to you even giving away his rations without saying a word. He would probably realises later on that you are an accomplished warrior and try to give you as much respect as you deserve. He would of voiced his intent to escape to you also. Open to any other type of talk of course!!!

For Zvia:
Alester would not of recognise your race at first. Although he comes across as an angry man his anger is never directed towards the prisoners. His intent is escpae and he would of mentioned that to you. If the oppurtunity presents itself we should be ready. Open to other types of conversations also if you have other ideas!!

Alright, Endurance check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Hmm not bad for a first roll!

Alester has been in worse prisons!!! Dreadhold Here I come! lol

Streetwise roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5Hmm not good at all...

Alester's anger presevents him from understanding too much of his fellow prisoners intentions


Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

I am not as tall as the elves but tall for a human woman. I have piercing green eyes that seem to shine more when I am angry. My skin is the color of ground cinnamon. I have honey-gold hair that seems to curl and uncurl slightly as if the tendrils are dancing flames. Anyone who has been close to me will have seen three tattoos of names on my right shoulder that have all been crossed out with lines that look like lightning bolts. I am pretty grimy, finding that the guards pay less attention when you are unappealing...the easier to study them.

Alester:
Do you still display anything Silver Flame-ish? Also, although I am smart, I am not wise and I would have asked you very blatantly about the dragonmark. Would you have said anything? It would have been true curiosity on my part and not some kind of slight.

Orla:
Not one to avoid a discussion on theory...Now that you mention it, I find it strange that I was moved here long after my sentence should have been carried out. Not that I am complaining but why here?

Endurance Check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
History Check for anything I might remember about this place 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Dungeoneering Check for "chinks" in the walls or doors 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

DM:
Would I know what Zvia is or anything about that race?


Female Githzerai Seeker 2

I am just over six feet tall, thin but wiry-thin, not lithe like an elf. I've been traveling for awhile and am now far from the rest of my people. I have yellow-green skin and hair wound into a complicated series of buns and knots over my head. My face is tattooed in places, but the pattern of tattoos is clearly not complete.

For Alester:
Zvia is naturally reserved but also ready to make use of whatever resources are at hand. She doesn't know what she did to land her here and isn't really interested in sticking around any longer than necessary. She responds efficiently but not warmly, as though escape were a business transaction.

Endurance: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Insight: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

It doesn't hurt to have a look around this new place.


Alester, Thringorn, and Zvia would have just arrived in Castle Bones. Zvia was picked up along the way, when Alester and Thringorn's "caravan" passed by the capitol, Korth. This group will have had the longest times together, almost a month of travel. Thrin and Al would have had several weeks more than that in their previous prison...
Savi and Orla have now spent several weeks together too. The full group has just met today (unless you'd like to work out a story where you met earlier in life and killed a young dragon or something).

To answer questions:
Yes, the skeletons are armed (and armored). They look like <<this>>

For Alester:
Excellent! Love your character's backstory and there will be several options for it to pop up as we go :) I also love your take on the dragonmark and your fall from grace. Very fun.

For Orla:

Yes, yes... Talenta Plains would have just been the latest stop... Or, I think we talked about the Eldeen Reaches? That'd be good too (both work)

Has Orla learned anything useful about her prison or her imprisonment?
I'll let you know in a bit, you made two good skill checks, that will help.

As for Nirifanya: It's tough to get a read on Nirifanya (low roll), you know he is a half-elf, has some sort of primal powers (Druidy/Shammany type powers). The only thing he's mentioned over the past few weeks is something about a family curse and making his name proud again... beyond that he swears he's innocent and shouldn't be in the dungeon.

Do powers work on Skeleton's?
Normally yes. I would have assumed in your previous breakout attempts that you would have tried it several times. In your last prison, in Vedykar, runes along the prison doors prevented any magical effect on the guards. But you're fairly confident, if you could get out of the dungeon, your spells should work on the skeletons.
Make a Religion Check to learn more.

For Savi:

Would you know a githzerai? Good question. You're certainly intelligent enough, make a knowledge History or Streetwise or Religion. I think you might know her as a Gith. But whether you know a githzerai from a githyanki or that there is even a difference depends on your roll.

Just so I can keep track...
Alester (Endurance: 20)
Orla (Endurance: 10)
Savi-Kai (Endurance: 17)
Thringorn: Needs an Endurance Check and any other skill checks you want
Zvia (Endurance: 10)

And I will post the results of your skill checks in a bit (must go have lunch first) :D
Plus, it will give Dave a chance to post...


PS -- I've got some Eberron information on my DM's Page (click on my picture or my name) and some campaign information at the bottom of that page. I'll try to keep a reference of names and major plot points there, as well as your experience points... If you're trying to remember the name of something, that might be an easy place to find it (rather than searching through pages of Play-by-post).


Male Human Fighter 2

Thringorn is a little over 6 feet tall looking to weigh around 200 pounds; he has long scraggly dark brown hair and a long scraggly beard. He appears that he has either been in prison for a long time or had lived a hard life before he was put in prison; possibly both. He looks relatively young for a human but he has obviously been in many battles as he has a number of scars covering his body. He has multiple tatoos showing through the rags of clothes he is currently wearing. Amdist all this he has crystal green piercing eyes which seem out of place for his general bum like appearance.

Alester:
Thringorn is with you. He feels he can count on you after the conversations you've shared in both prison and on our journey here. Thringorn would have shared his past with you (as listed on his link), and would do his best to make you feel confident in his abilities if we were able to get free

Endurance

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Perception (to read the surrounding area, are there any weaknesses in the chains or cell)

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Streetwise (reading the guards, habits, routines, when is the right time to try and break free)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Female Eladrin Bard 2

Orla continues to calmly assess the situation.

Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 -- Orla will try to remember what she knows about how these skeletons work, which attacks work against them, and which they can ignore.
Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 -- Try to analyze what sort of magical defenses are obviously in place, or likely to be present.

Finally some decent rolls!

More questions I think Orla probably knows the answer to, but I don't: Will a Fey Step work to get past the bars? (I'm presuming it can't remove the manacles.) Would a long sword user be able to wield those swords the skeletons are carrying?

For Savi-Kai:
(speculation in answer to "Why here?")"Well, this place does cut us off from the outside world very nicely, doesn't it? Is there some reason someone powerful would want to silence you?"

For Alester:
"Aye, one has to be careful whom one follows. It's all too easy for the best of intentions to be lead astray." She doesn't exactly sound bitter, but that definitely sounds like the voice of hard experience.


The reason for your Endurance Checks:

Based on being imprisoned for so long (the dank conditions, poor food, lack of sunshine and exercise...) your personal endurance was put to the test(you had to hit a DC20 to avoid any effects, and beat a 9 to avoid the REALLY bad effects, results in between carried different levels of effects). To no surprise, the warriors have the esiest time fighting off the horrid conditions, and Orla's constant exposure (the +2 bonus) is the only thing that keeps her from suffering terribly:

Endurance Check Results:
Alester (20) no ill effects
Orla (10) -2 to all skill checks and lose 1 Healing Surge
Savi-Kai (17) lose 1 Healing Surge
Thringorn (22) no ill effects (I think he actually likes prison)
Zvia (10) -2 to all skill checks and lose 1 Healing Surge
*These effects last till you reach 2 milestones (a milestone is completing two consecutive encounters without resting for the night). This means if you normally have 10 healing surges, you would only have 9 at the start of each day until you reach 2 milestones. Those of you with -2 on skill checks can enter that in your dice code, let's say you normally have a +8 with Arcana, you can type in: (dice)1d20 + 8 - 2(/dice) and it will do it for you.


Your skill check results
Hope you don't mind reading long posts, lol

Alester, your anger keeps you warm and healthy during the long days in prison, but that is all you can focus on. You've learned nothing about your surroundings (low Streetwise Check).

Orla and Savi-Kai, the two of you have long times to talk and must've exchanged knowledge about the history of Castle Bones (you both had good successes with Histroy Checks). Filling in each other's gaps in knowledge, here's what you remember about the fort:

  • Fort Bones was established about 60 years ago. Styled similarly to other Karrnathi Castle Forts. It was originally held by Moddrik D'Thaln, the son of a prominent Karrnathi Baronial family, the Thaln.
  • Moddrik was given the title of Lord Bones, and tasked with holding the Cyrean border. However, you know that Moddrik came from a good family, but he was given this castle that is out of the way and that lacks quality roads to and from... It would seem too far to actually protect the border (look at << your map >> and compare it to Fort Zombie, a true borderland fortress with logistical support)
  • Moddrik had at least one son, who should now be the new Lord Bones. You two don't know the new lord's name, when he inherited, how the father died, or much more.

    Orla, while trying to keep down your prison food you are able to talk with the new prisoners. You obviously note the new arrivals of Alester, Thringorn, and Zvia, but with them comes about a dozen human and half-elven imprisoned Karrnathi soldiers in here for various reasons. It's tough to get much from this group of prisoners, but you gather the following (good Streetwise Check): most are good warriors, they don't talk much about why they were imprisoned, but do seem to find it just as odd as you that they were transferred. They have two clear leaders in their group (perhaps higher ranking soldiers, or just naturally charismatic) - a human Rallnik, and a half-elf Thanis.

    for Orla:
    Also you overhear the following rumors (could be true or false):
    1) Rallnik killed his superior officer with his bare hands
    2) Thanis was experimented on, but when they tried to perform the same tests on his men he rebelled
    3) Two of the soldiers picked up along the way came from the capitol Korth and are Emerald Claw
    Emerald Claw is a vigilanti military group that wants to keep Karrnath strong and pure, not well liked or well received by the government

    Savi, you are doing everything you can to keep the prison food down and stay warm in this new cold and wet dungeon. You're bearly able to keep your endurance up and firery blood warm, but that leaves you unable to learn much about the dungeon cell and its weaknesses (low Dungeonering Check).

    Thringorn, your human senses don't do very well in this dim cell. Karrnath always seems cloudy and dim and this winter has made it worse... the little light that falls on Castle Bones bearly reaches your cell. You can't see much (Low Perception Check). However, you are able to gather a bit of information about the guards on your travel here to Castle Bones. The humans tasked with transporting you here were well paid guards from House Deneith (not Karrnathi soldiers, but hired mercenaries and soldiers of fortune). They seemed a bit uneasy at times, but you never learned why (good Streetwise Check, but House Deneith soldiers are naturally hard to read). You can learn nothing from the Undead Guards (Streetwise does not work on the Skeletons; they don't chit-chat)

    Zvia, your natural senses are always open (Good Perception and Insight Checks). You may not being feeling particularly well from the dungeon conditions, but you are able to decern the following. These cells are different from the ones in the capitol. The shape of the rooms is odd (most times cells are kept square, with few places to hide; this dungeon floor has a strange footprint with bends and alcoves... way too many places to hide). The rooms are warded (to prevent spells and powers), but it appears less than other prisons, yet somehow you still don't have access to your inner energy. As for construction, the room seems solid -- a quick check of your perimeter tells you there doesn't look to be a sneaky way out. As for your insights, everyone seems very disoriented by the journey and they don't have the slightest clue why they are here, but most seem to be "fighters", not willing to give up.

    ================

    Any other checks folks want to make? Other information you need? Clarifications?
    If not, rumblings start within in the cell. There's about 20 of you crammed in this dungeon block. Your group appears to be the only ones down here. The skeleton guards come by twice a day with sludge and gruel. Orla can point out that the guards seem to be of two types. She has studied them the longest, and notes that some apear to be Karrnathi Soldier Skeletons (toughies - risen warriors from the Last War, smart, vicious, and more difficult to bring down) and then a servent-styled skeleton that serves as prison keepers (more like regular skeletons)... this second type is the kind that tends to bring your food.


  • Orla wrote:


    Religion: (27) Orla will try to remember what she knows about how these skeletons work, which attacks work against them, and which they can ignore.
    Arcana: (21) Try to analyze what sort of magical defenses are obviously in place, or likely to be present.
    More questions I think Orla probably knows the answer to, but I don't: Will a Fey Step work to get past the bars? (I'm presuming it can't remove the manacles.) Would a long sword user be able to wield those swords the skeletons are carrying?

    Skeletons: Most skeletons are immune to Disease and Poison, most have a resistence to Necrotic Energy, and most take extra damage from Radiant Energy.
    Karrnathi Soldier Skeletons have all of the above effects plus often have some other energy resistence (resistence to cold or fire is common), they're intelligent, stronger, and trained for battle (will use good tactics).

    Magic Defenses: The dungeon room seems to be warded. You can't produce much effect on the skeleton guards (you've tried) damaging spells fizzle; mortals might feel pain from your underpowered spells (take 1-2hp of damage), but the undead seem not to notice. You would think based on the place, that if you could get past the dungeon floor you'd be okay and your power might return... you also note that the manacles are inscribed with power-dampening runes. Another reason you can't access your powers.

    Teleporting: To teleport you need line of sight, so normally you should be able to teleport through barred doors and windows (you just have to be able to see to where you're Stepping). Unfortunately, these rooms are protected -- all teleportation spells fail (you've tried).

    Swords: The big Karrnathi Soldier Skeletons wield scimitars, the smaller skeletons wield longswords. As a bard, you are able to wield a scimitar.


    Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

    Is there anything around that we could use to create improvised weapons? Anything from utensils to chairs or rocks from crumbling walls/corners? Are there guards always present or do they have moving patrols?

    In the press of all these people, I seek out a corner with Orla to talk while watching the new folks "settle in".

    Silence me? Hmmm. Possibly, but it isn't like anyone was listening to me before. Do you find this strange? It seems like there are more than enough cells to handle this group and yet they dump everyone together. That seems to be asking for trouble. Maybe that is not such a bad thing? Start a little argument which turns into a fight. A couple of guards to unlock the door and our sheer numbers would overwhelm them shackles or no...especially if we convince a couple of those fellas that it might be in their best interest to participate?

    I point at a couple of the brawnier types like Alestar and Thringorn.

    What do you think?

    DM:
    Would it be alright with you if I take another look at her powers since we haven't used any yet? After testing her out there are a couple of things that I need to fix.

    Current Stats - HP: 37/37, Surges: 10/11(-1), AP: 1/1


    Savi, the cell you're in is probably 20 x 25 at its largest points, but because it isn't square and has lots of bends and alcoves, the squarefootage is tough to guess. You're not cramped as far as cells go. You would think there are other rooms in this dungeon that could hold prisoners, but as far as you can tell all prisoners at Fort Bones are held in this one room.


    Savi-Kai asked in her Spoiler,
    ---------
    DM:
    Would it be alright with you if I take another look at her powers since we haven't used any yet? After testing her out there are a couple of things that I need to fix.

    Go for it. If you see a need for a change, now's a good time -- I'll make a similar offer after the first encounter (coming up). Just don't make any changes during combat :)


    Female Eladrin Bard 2

    Talking in the corner with Savi-Kai

    Savi-Kai wrote:
    "Silence me? Hmmm. Possibly, but it isn't like anyone was listening to me before."

    "It's just that this prison completely cuts us off from communication with the outside world. Unless you know a way to bribe a skeleton to carry a message for you?"

    Savi-Kai wrote:
    "Do you find this strange? It seems like there are more than enough cells to handle this group and yet they dump everyone together. That seems to be asking for trouble."

    Orla nods. "It does seem they are accumulating a critical mass of warriors in this cell. How odd."

    Savi-Kai wrote:

    "Maybe that is not such a bad thing? Start a little argument which turns into a fight. A couple of guards to unlock the door and our sheer numbers would overwhelm them shackles or no...especially if we convince a couple of those fellas that it might be in their best interest to participate?"

    I point at a couple of the brawnier types like Alestar and Thringorn.

    "And the Githzerai, too -- she has the look of someone with some experience, and surely we can trust a seeker after wisdom."


    Male Human Fighter 2

    Thringorn will search the cell for anything he can use to try and break the monacles (perhaps a rock or something to pry them off). I'm not sure exactly what kind of locking mechanism they have and if this even possible; or for that matter what checks would be involved so I'll give a few checks to cover the possibility. He would wait until after the guards finish checking on the cell.

    Perception (find an object)

    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Athletics (to break the monacles/lock)

    1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

    Strength (to break the monacles/lock)

    1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


    A few things that come up over the course of day as people investigate.
    - The cells is bound in magic that protects the guard from harm (your attacks suffer a -10 to all damage rolls).
    - The bonds of your manacles impart the weakened state (all your attacks do half damage, rounded down, and applied AFTER the -10 from the cell. So if your attack roll was for 15 damage, it would only cause 2hp -- that's why Orla mentioned that attacking the guards seems useless.
    - There's not much in the way of improvised weapons (no loose stones that would work, no stools or cots, there are some old food buckets, but that won't do much as a weapon... your chains might work if you could break free of them).
    - Normally there are three skeletal guards that deliver your food, two are armed and never approach the door, the third opens a small hatch, collects old food buckets, and pushes several full buckets in. You *think* maybe you could pull that skeleton through the hole...

    Thringorn waits patiently till after the latest "meal" is delivered and then begins working at his bonds. In a blind rage of strength he is able to pry one of the links open and break free the chain that holds his manacles together (You needed to hit/beat a 22, great roll!). The cuffs still bind his wrists, and Thrin still feels his power leached from him, but his arms and legs are free to move about, making life a little easier (You're still weakened, but you have more mobility and won't suffer penalties to movement).

    Once everyone sees Thrin bust his chains, they know it's possible to actually break free.

    Everyone!!

  • BREAK YOUR CHAINS: You can try to break the chains that hold you, it's a raw Strength Check, DC 22 (that's your str mod + 1/2 your level). You get three tries at it, and you can ask for assistance from up to 2 others for each attempt (each assistant can give you a +2 bonus if that assistant beats a DC10 Strength Check, if they fail to hit that DC you take a -1). If you do not succeed by your 3rd attempt, it means that you cannot break the chains till a later event (till circumstances change).
    ..
  • SLIP YOUR BONDS: You can try to slip your hands from the cuffs, it's a raw Dexterity Check, DC 20 (you can substitute Thievery if you wish). You get three tries at it, and you can ask for assistance from up to 1 other for each attempt (that asistant can give you a +2 bonus if they beat a DC10 Dex/Thievery Check, if they fail to hit that DC you take a -1). If you do not succeed by your 3rd attempt, it means that you cannot get out till a later event(till circumstances change).

    For Savi:

    I forgot that if you have just small piece of your bonded weapon, you can reforge it -- I would assume that you would have snapped off a piece of your weapon before being taken captive (a quillion, a pommel jewel, something...)

    If you wish to remake your weapon:
    - You must wait till you are outside of the protection magic of the cell, and then it will take 1 hour.
    - You must try to beat the protection of the cell with an Arcana Check, DC: 20 -- for every point you miss by it takes 2 extra hours, if you miss by more than 7 points (fail to hit a DC13) you cannot perform the ritual and will have to wait to leave the cell. If you hit/beat the DC20, it will take 1 hour.

    If it works, you have your sword (add one to your character sheet, as long as it is lvl 3 magic item or lower, ie less than 700g)


  • Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

    I see Thringorn snap his chains, the loose ends dangling at his wrists, and I walk over to him

    So, friend, it appears as though you also find this place less than tolerable. Do you have a plan? Might I suggest that we (I indicate Orla and myself) work together? I believe that it will take a concerted effort on all our parts to be successful. I noticed that your arrival also saw the addition of several other...(I pat one of his arm muscles)...people. Do you know any others that might be willing to work together?

    We need some time to prepare...

    DM:
    Thanks! I saw that note about mending her weapon but I wasn't sure how it worked. Do I need to be unchained to attempt?


    Savi:
    No.


    Male Human Fighter 2

    Thringorn leans in close to Savi-kai and talks lowly under his breath.

    I think a group effort is our best chance. I suppose you can offer some assistance if you managed to get locked up here. I will help you where I can but I'm not going to have anyone slow me down. Alester is trustworthy, I have gotten to know him a bit. If we can get him free he would be of great assistance. Perhaps you slender folk can slip out of your bindings? We need to lay low until there are enough ready to front a resistance.

    Thringorn slowly makes his way over to Alester, moving as if his shackles were intact. He nods to Alester.

    Let me help you, I think the time is upon us to act.

    Strength (to assist Alester in breaking his chains)

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

    Alester gets a +2 bonus to Strength check


    Female Eladrin Bard 2

    Orla whispers to Savi-Kai, "I think he has the right idea. Let me give you assistance."

    Thievery 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9

    Blast, more bad rolls. Sorry Savi...

    For SeanDM:
    Does Orla have a notion where the nearest output of House Ghallanda? As in somewhere we might seek sanctuary once we're out of the keep, not one of their headquarters.


    Male Human Blackguard Level 2

    "let me out!!! I will crush the bones of our captors!"

    Strengh check to break out of these chains.1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24 I bust out "Hulk" Style!!!

    SeanDm, Can I wrap the chains around my fists to make a blunt weapon?

    I will also try help anyone that is trying to escape.


    Male Human Fighter 2

    Can Alester and I make a check and assist to break the chains of another or can we only assist that person in their strength check?


    Male Human Blackguard Level 2

    Is their any way me and Thringorn can provide some.....(wait for it) Leverage!!! LOL


    Are you talking Orla and Savi and Zvia, or are you talking the other warriors in prison?
    The answer is the same, I'm just curious.
    Yes, go ahead and make assistance rolls.


    Male Human Fighter 2

    What I meant was can we break their chains for them or can we only offer assists to their own Strength checks?


    Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

    Orla and I struggle with the mechanism to try and pull my hands free. I look to Thringorn skeptically but ask anyway, thinking that if he pulls while we twist that it may be enough.

    Will you help me to try and break out of mine? (I show my manacles.) If I can get free I can work on something that may help us some while you find others to free.

    Orla, don't worry about it. My strength and dex are my dump stats so it is on the steep side of difficult for me to break free unless two people help me and all provide the +2.

    Dex check
    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 I forgot the -1 so it is really just an 18, but Thringorn might get me the +2 to hit 20...


    Male Human Fighter 2

    I may be confused but I think you can only have 1 person assist per check with Dex. I also see that Orla applied a -2 which I didn't think she should have any penalties for the check, which would have pushed her roll over 10 pushing your roll over 20 and thus you're good. I could have missed something but I just thought I'd double check.


    Female Eladrin Bard 2
    Thringorn wrote:
    I may be confused but I think you can only have 1 person assist per check with Dex. I also see that Orla applied a -2 which I didn't think she should have any penalties for the check, which would have pushed her roll over 10 pushing your roll over 20 and thus you're good. I could have missed something but I just thought I'd double check.

    The -2 for failing the Endurance check earlier, alas.


    Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

    poop on a stick...you are both right. I fail. Bleh.


    Female Eladrin Bard 2
    Savi-kai wrote:
    poop on a stick...you are both right. I fail. Bleh.

    Can you use an Action Point to add +d6 after the d20 roll?


    Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2
    Orla wrote:
    Can you use an Action Point to add +d6 after the d20 roll?

    I could, but I am going to save it for when I really need it. I get two more tries at this and to be honest, I don't expect any of them to succeed. You don't want me to "help" you on any of your attempts...I think Zvia might have a decent dex bonus...


    Alester summons his anger eeasily and the chains shatter. Savi tries to squeeze her way from her cuffs and nearly succeeds...

    Thrin, I understand your question now. Yes, you can roll for someone's Str check to break the chains, but not their Dex check to slip the manacles free... So, you can break someone's chains for them, but you can't help them escape the hold of the cuffs.

    @Alester: Yes! Your chain-knuckles grant you the following improvised weapon:
    Prof +0, Damage: 1d6

    @Orla:
    The best bet for a House Ghallanda Inn would be the main road. Probably the closest would be somewhere along the road from Vulyar to the NE to Gatherhold (SW in the Talenta Plains). There would be roadside inns spaced roughly every days journey along that road, and with the proximity to halfling lands, it's a good bet that more than one of them features some House Ghallanda amenities.
    (Make a Streetwise or History Check to learn more)

    ::Current Conditions::
    Alester: Chains broken, still manacled
    Orla:
    Savi-Kai: 1 failed Dex
    Thringorn: Chains bronken, still manacled
    Zvia:

    Other escape attempts?


    Male Human Fighter 2

    Thringorn attempts to slip free from the monacles but is unsuccessfull.

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

    Thringorn then tries to break the chains of those he feels confident in aiding his escape first

    *Savi-kai* Cog is unable to break Savi-kai's chains

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

    *Orla* Cog breaks Orla's chains

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

    *Zvia* Cog breaks Zvia's chains

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

    How many others besides "the group" are in the cell?


    Female Eladrin Bard 2

    Thringorn's help gets a heartfelt "Thank you" from Orla.

    And what the hey, emulating Thringorn's speedy example...
    Thievery: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 = 21
    Orla slips her hands out of the manacles. (SeanDM: What about our feet? Is the weakened state coming only from the cuffs around our wrists, or are the cuffs around our feet also part of the problem?)

    SeanDM:

    Okay, checking for nearby House Ghallanda inns:
    Streetwise: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 26
    Booya!


    The group makes short work of their bindings (for the most part).
    Thringorn, you know the name of three other prisoners: Nirifanya, Rallnik, and Thanis. There are 4 other soldier-prisoners that made the journey from Rekkenmark to here, and 4 more that you picked up along the way. Grand total, including you-all, 16 prisoners.

    Orla, you twist your thumbs around a bit, but eventually wiggle free of the wrist cuffs. You immediately feel the magical weekness end. Your ankles are still cuffed, but the magic that held you back must have been confined to the wrists.

    ::Current Conditions::
    Alester: Chains broken, still manacled (weakened)
    Orla: completely free!!
    Savi-Kai: 1 failed Dex, and her chains seem unbreakable, (weakened)
    Thringorn: Chains broken, still manacled (weakened)
    Zvia: Chains broken, still manacled (weakened)

    Orla:
    Outstanding Roll! You know that there is a Ghallanda Inn due west of your position (if you look at the map of the area, you'll see a spot where the road makes a sharp bend). On foot, it will take a while to get there.


    Male Human Fighter 2

    Thringorn would have taken notice of the names of fellow prisoners only if he felt they were worthy of remembering. He will attempt to free them as well.

    *Nirifanya* The chains start to warp but do not break

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

    *Rallnik* The chains will not budge

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

    *Thanis* Thringorn busts the chains

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

    Thanis, assist the others any way you can.


    Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

    I grit my teeth and try twice more to pull the manacles off, watching as others seemingly break free after an attempt or two.
    Dex checks
    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

    There must be a reason why I am being held by something stronger than the rest of the group. (I ignore that Nirifanya and Rallnik are still both in unbroken chains.)

    Orla, I think that we need to have a solid plan in place before a general riot breaks out in here...unless that is the plan...

    After speaking to Orla, I find one of the quieter "corners" to sit against a wall and concentrate.
    Arcana check for Swordbond
    1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 DM, I think that means an hour even though I am in chains. If it looks like things are progressing but that I have time, I would begin the ritual. What happens if I don't finish? Start over or worse?


    Female Eladrin Bard 2
    Savi-kai wrote:
    Orla, I think that we need to have a solid plan in place before a general riot breaks out in here...unless that is the plan...

    Orla looks thoughtfully out at the room. "I think our best chance is to get off this floor -- the magic here will make it quite difficult to harm the skeletons. Just looked over Orla's stats, and I think the best she could do once she stole a longsword would be 3 points of damage per hit, and more than half of her hits would do no damage at all. So it seems like a mad rush with everyone to overwhelm them and just get out of here is our best bet. Once we've made it out of that magic we'll be able to put up a much better fight.

    "I was thinking after that we might make for the Ghallanda inn west of here. It's a hefty walk, but once we're there their hospitality should allow us to get back up to full strength. If we can convince Rallnik and Thanis to lead their crew in a different direction, that should split any pursuit."

    It's perhaps worth reminding you that Orla's dump stat is Wisdom. I have objections to this plan that Orla doesn't see. Though it's still the best plan I've thought of.

    Errr... actually, this one may be even more unwise than I was thinking -- when I looked at the map, I looked east, into the Talenta Plains, not west. Not at all sure that I like the idea of our closest exit from Karrnath being into the Mournland...


    Male Human Fighter 2

    Thringorn goes back over to talk to Alester.

    I see two potential ways out and I'd like your thoughts. I don't know if our captors have any interest in our well being, but perhaps you and I could could pick a fight with each other and give them a good show while the others work up a ruckus. If the guards were to open the cell we could turn on them and overpower them.

    Another idea is that it appears the slot they send the food through is big enough to pull the guard in. They wouldn't expect our hands to be free to do so and the guard may have a cell key or they may come inside after him. What are your thoughts?


    Orla, my mistake! I meant EAST when I wrote WEST :P, so your original understanding of what I wrote is correct.

    @Savi-Kai: great Arcana roll, you are welcome to perform the ritual in this space. It will take you the normal 1 hour. If by chance you are interrupted, you would just have to start over - no other ill effect (even if this were a "regular" ritual that took residuum components or the like, you wouldn't even lose those components either -- just the time you put into it).


    Female Genasi - Cindersoul Swordmage 2

    @DM: Great! I was afraid that I would break it or it would take longer next time.

    Kneeling on the floor, I lick my finger and draw a circle and several symbols in the air before me. I begin to recite what sounds like nonsense poetry, interlacing and interlocking my hands in several repetitive gestures. When I sit back on my heels there is a small metallic loop/ring hanging in the air in front of me. Pausing, I look up at Orla.

    We need keys. Have we seen any specific skeletons with keys that you can recall? How did they let the new folks in?

    Savi's ritual is a cross between those 3D virtual computers where people manipulate things in the air and a military weapons test where the soldiers have to assemble a dissassembled weapon blindfolded. This is complicated but something she can do with her eyes closed. And you cannot see the 3D image so it just looks like she's weaving air.


    Male Human Blackguard Level 2

    @Thringorn I am all for trying that. I don't see any better options. Ready to start when you are.

    Alester screams loudly "Thringorn!!! What did you say about my Mother???" Alester prepares to start "pretend" fighting.

    Any rolls needed to this, SeanDM?


    Female Eladrin Bard 2
    Savi-kai wrote:

    Kneeling on the floor, I lick my finger and draw a circle and several symbols in the air before me. I begin to recite what sounds like nonsense poetry, interlacing and interlocking my hands in several repetitive gestures. When I sit back on my heels there is a small metallic loop/ring hanging in the air in front of me. Pausing, I look up at Orla.

    We need keys. Have we seen any specific skeletons with keys that you can recall? How did they let the new folks in?

    Perception: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 15

    SeanDM: That's assuming active perception is at play. If it's passive, then I've got passive of 12 at the moment with the penalty.


    Male Human Fighter 2

    It's not what I said about your Mother, it's what the orcs who have their way with her say about her!!!!!

    Thringorn balls up his fists and winks at Alester.


    Thringorn is able to free Thanis who then goes about trying to help "his men" get free. Nirifanya is able to slip the cuffs and offers to help everyone try to get out (Everyone gets 1 free attempt to Escape your cuffs (Dex Check), regardless of previous attempts, with a +2 bonus).

    Savi begins a strange ritual. It appears more like a mad trance with odd hand gestures, but the spellcasters in the room (Orla, Zvia, Nirifanya, and 2 other soldiers) feel a tug of power, as if she is gathering tendrils of magic about her and creating something.

    Answers to specifics:
    @Orla: it's tough to tell about the keys. You do not believe the skeleton bringing food has keys, but as for which one actually locked you in... they all look alike: skeletal. Though, you kow that most of you were manacled before being brought in (by human guards), you would hope that the current jailers have some means of freeing them from your wrists (if only to reuse them after your dead).

    @Thrin and Alest: I need Bluff rolls from the two of you. If you are trained in Intimidate, you can add +2 to your Bluff Check.

    ::Current Conditions::
    Alester: Chains broken, still manacled (weakened)
    Orla: completely free!!
    Savi-Kai: 1 failed Dex, and her chains seem unbreakable, (weakened)
    Thringorn: Chains broken, still manacled (weakened)
    Zvia: Chains broken, still manacled (weakened)


    Female Eladrin Bard 2
    Savi-kai wrote:

    Kneeling on the floor, I lick my finger and draw a circle and several symbols in the air before me. I begin to recite what sounds like nonsense poetry, interlacing and interlocking my hands in several repetitive gestures. When I sit back on my heels there is a small metallic loop/ring hanging in the air in front of me. Pausing, I look up at Orla.

    We need keys. Have we seen any specific skeletons with keys that you can recall? How did they let the new folks in?

    Orla thinks hard. "Nooo.... Humans brought in the new prisoners, maybe?"

    She looks over to Zvia speculatively, then walks over to her. "You have the look of one who observes a lot but doesn't say much. I think Savi-kai's spell might benefit greatly from your observations."

    If she hasn't managed to free her hands with Nirifanya's help, Orla will try to help her at this point. Once that's done...

    Orla suddenly notices Alester and Thringorn's fight. Eyes wide with concern, she runs to a position behind and a bit to the right of Thringorn. "You mustn't fight each other!"

    Bluff: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 = 16 I believe that's a +2 to your Bluff checks. :)

    Staying out of the "fight" as best as she can, Orla stays nearby and feigns a great deal of concern over it, hopefully helping to sell it to any onlookers.


    Male Human Fighter 2

    Thringorn makes a final attempt at slipping out of the manacles; to no avail.

    1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

    (Thringorn whispers to Alester) We should take this fight to the ground into a wrestling match so they won't notice our chains are broken....

    Bluff

    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

    Thringorn continues to scream obscenities at Alester and softly grabs him by the throat as they tumble to the ground.

    Back off woman! Don't even think about trying to stop us, I will strangle this oaf until he learns some respect; I have no qualms about strangling you next!

    Thringorn winks at Orla.

    HP: 42/42 Temp HP: 0/0 Surges: 12/12 AP: 1/1

    1 to 50 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SeanDM's Leverage All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.