Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Save the Greenskins (Inactive)

Game Master WesternWolf777

17th Century North America inspiried game set in a possible future of Golarion.


101 to 150 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

If everyone wants to go with Tamimay's plan, you'll need to give me stealth checks. You can hide in the treeline with a view of the front door.


Male Greenskin Gendarme Beastrider of the Order of the Lion

Stealth for Me and Cormag, I guess. 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14 for me and 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 for Cormag. EDIT: I think I may want to send Cormag back a few hundred meters or something...


Male Human Producer of hot air (sometimes cold air too)

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

That's an good idea.


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

"Not a bad plan, Tamimay," Tekumsah whispers to the magician as the group moves into the trees...

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Tekumsah stares hard at the cabin, watching for any movement, his eagle vision piercing through the cover, his ears absorbing all the sound.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Once everyone gets hidden in the tree line, Tamimay flings the stone against the door with his magic. There is a loud thunk as it strikes the wood. A few moments later a blonde woman in a long dress covered by an apron opens the door. She's smiling until she sees that no one is there. Her expression shifts to puzzlement and she slowly looks around.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Not seeing anything out of the ordinary she shrugs, going back inside and closing the door behind her.


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

Tekumsah lets out an audible sigh. "There's a woman... Damn. That changes things."

If anyone looks at the warrior oddly, he shrugs and says, "I may be a warrior, but I'm not a murderer. I don't harm women; it's just not something I do."

The human-looking greenskin peers at the cabin once more, shifting his weight and replacing his bow and arrows in the quiver. He turns to the others. "Well? What now?"


Well now we know that there are more than one person at this house. I would suggest that one of us approach and seek more information.I am smallish and can pose as a lost child or youngling or Tek can for his reasoning is sound. But like flame we must move with caution or all we desire will be gone in the wind.

Should Tamimay get picked:

Bluff for my "story telling" approach. I leave my gear except for my knife with the group in the treeline and approach slowly and very openly. I accentuate my hobble to make it look like I am much more crippled than I really am.
To whomever opens the door at my feeble knock I say:

Excuse me, I hate to be a bother but am a wearied and a thirst. Might I have a drink or a crust of bread to eat while I rest in this comforting clearing.

Perception when door opens to see what is visible inside without drawing attention to my self:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Bluff and diplomacy where needed in my approach
blu = 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
blu = 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
dip = 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
dip = 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Sense motive on any verbal response or visible movement with in the house;
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

Uh, Tamimay, may wanna check that alias.


lol srry thats the one from the pbp I am gming srry


I'm waiting on the others to chime in on Tamimay's plan. No one has actually responded yet.


Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | HP 19/28 | F +5 R +7 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11

It's an good idea. But I can't support you from here, when things go wrong. Give me a minute to brew something. I have a potion, which will make me much faster for several minutes.

Gromsch brews an extract of Expeditious Retreat. When he's finished, he nods to Tamimay.

I'm ready


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

"Sounds fine, Fireman," Tekumsah says with a grin at the title. "We'll wait here, and be ready to help."


I do as stated above.


The group excepting Tamimay hide in the tree line, some seventy feet back from the front of the house. He hobbles his way up to the door, exaggerating his limp.

At his feeble knock the woman again answers the door, this time an annoyed look on her face. She looks right over Tamimay for a moment before looking down and jumping a few inches off the ground with a gasp. Tamimay says "Excuse me, I hate to be a bother but I am weary and thirsty. Might I have a drink or a crust of bread to eat while I rest in this comforting clearing?" The woman blinks several times than says, "Uhm..." before she can get any more out, a male voice coming from inside interrupts her, "Who's there Gwen?" it asks. Turning her head back to look over her shoulder she replies, "Some little crippled goblin or something, it wants food and water." The man's voice asks, "Is it alone?" to which the woman simply looks down to Tamimay and raising one eyebrow says, "Well, are you?"

She's obviously flustered, but you're not sure why.


I stand here as you see...thirsty and without companion. I say humbly.

Spoiler:
If I need a roll for bluff or diplomacy here they are..however its really not much of a bluff because of the "truth" of what i said and what they can see. bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Perception roll = 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 and Sense motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

I want a better feel for the situation based on what I can now see due to my new location, and I would like to get a sense of what she is nervous about..IE; looking or waiting for someone, apprehensive due to the voice, etc.


1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

You can't tell exactly what she's nervous about from just looking at her, but it probably has something to do with the man inside from the way she's glancing over her shoulder so much. You can't really see anything in the house as she only has the door cracked and her skirts are wide enough to completely fill the gap at your height.

"He says he's alone John. Should I let him in?" she says back into the house. "Nah, give him what he wants, but keep him outside." comes 'John's' answer. "Wait here one moment please." she says, shutting the door as she turns back inside. About thirty seconds later she returns with a wooden plate with some bread and cheese and a cup of water. "Here you are little one." she says offering the food to Tamimay without leaving the house.


Male Greenskin Gendarme Beastrider of the Order of the Lion

I almost feel bad for wanting to intrude into their home.


My thanks Lady. Might I also have the privilege of thanking the man within for his kindness? I like to see whom has offered me respite.

diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

Tekumsah watches everything with narrowed eyes, his fingers twitching. Once or twice he shoots the blade from his bracer, only to slowly retract and reset it once again.


Male Greenskin Gendarme Beastrider of the Order of the Lion

Kaiyohos lets out a heavy sigh. I should have brought my tea.


"I think not. Leave the plate and cup on the step when you're done. Good day." She says slamming the door in his face.


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

"Damn." Tekumsah smacks his fist into his palm, then picks at the dirt and grass, staring at the house and Tamimay.


Male Greenskin Gendarme Beastrider of the Order of the Lion

"Were it so easy..."

Were it so easy they wouldn't have sent warriors.

"What will we do now?"


Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | HP 19/28 | F +5 R +7 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11

We tried to solve this situation without harming someone. Obviously this had no success. Thus we must change our plan. We should first see, if this cabin has more than one possibility to flee. Then we should silently occupy these openings. When this is done we are in an considerably better position to get the inhabitants more talkative.


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

"I like your style, Gromsch." Tekumsah ejects and retracts his blade once again, and runs his other hand over his weapons. "But I still won't be responsible for harming women or children. And that includes," Tekumsah adds with a hard look, "stopping anyone who tries to do so."

With that, Tekumsah almost makes to rise, but stays crouched in the brush. "We strike now, or wait for nightfall? Both have their benefits."


Male Greenskin Gendarme Beastrider of the Order of the Lion

"My people do not care for such things. I think, though, that waiting for night would waste the valuable time of Chieftan Wummsata."


Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | HP 19/28 | F +5 R +7 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11

You're right, Kaiyohos. I'm going for the back of the lodge. You to the right and Tekumsah to the left?

Stealth for sneaking to the back of the lodge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

"Sounds like a good idea. And that leaves our friend the firemaster to blow down the door."

Tekumsah moves stealthily off, drawing his pistols once he's moved to his side, being careful to duck well under any windows. If there's a door, he moves next to it, ready to bust in whenever the call comes; if not, he does the same by a low window. If neither such opportunity presents itself, he moves around to the back of the house, then to the right, until he finds a good spot to lay in wait.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Male Greenskin Gendarme Beastrider of the Order of the Lion

Are there any windows on the right side?


I walk about 10 ft from the door towards the forests. I cast spark spark to light some bushes on fire at the clearings edge.
Then cast ghost sound (as loud as i can make it go)(dc 16)ghost sound
I make it sound like several loud animals are growling and howling at me from the forests edge.
I then turn as if running back towards the door, screaming Keep them away!!! Help me! Help me!!! repeatedly.
If the door opens, I trip and act as if i am trying to crawl away from the forest towards the cabin. I cry and scream alternatively during this time.

rolls:
perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Male Greenskin Gendarme Beastrider of the Order of the Lion

Dah! I'm going to leave Cormag behind, unfortunately. I need him to be impressive in combat.


The cabin is about twenty five foot square. There are doors on the north and south sides in the middle, and there are two windows about 4 feet off the ground on both the east and west sides.

Without cover or concealment all stealth does is make you quiet. If you leave the treeline without magical assistance you will be instantly visible, do you guys still want to do that? What about Cormag?

Chief Wammsutta wrote:
....Therefore I ask you to find him, and report back to me what has happened....Only kill him if it is necessary to defend your lives. Otherwise simply discover his fate and report back to me...this must be kept as quiet as possible. If some harm has befallen John, then it would not due for it to be known I suspected him of treachery.


Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | HP 19/28 | F +5 R +7 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11

And remember, it should only be an attempt to intimidate. I don't want to harm him unless it is absolutely necessary.

Let's try it at the moment, when Tamimay makes his distraction maneuver


Tamimay uses his magic to light a small fire at the edge of the clearing and then starts screaming and crawling towards the door. Once he's about ten feet away the door slams open and he finds himself face to face with the barrel of a rifle. The wielder is a man whose hair is in the style of the Kinkanoa tribes, though his skin is as pale as the settlers. He lacks any real beastliness in his features. "Do you take us for fools little one!?" He says angirly in Kinkanoa, "Who are you and what gives you the right to harass us here?! Speak truly, or I will part your brains from your skull."

So are the rest of you showing yourselves or what?


Male Greenskin Gendarme Beastrider of the Order of the Lion

I wait around the corner of the house where he can't see me.


A double barreled shotgun emerges from the window just behind Kaiyohos' head. "There's another one John!" comes Gwen's voice from the other side.

At the front of the house John takes a couple steps forward and yells, "Who sent you? What do you want!?"


Standing up, I calmly say sorry for the theatrics John, we were not sure you were here or not and safe or under duress. You were seen leaving the meeting with the Great Chief Thunderstick. You looked concerned or worried so we were asked to seek you out and make sure you were ok.
Because of his concern, We were given the instructions to assist you if you appeared under duress. I decided to approach first and ask for water hoping to tell whether you were inside and well or under duress. I couldn't tell but the Lady seemed ruffled so I figured that we were missing something.
Not being able to assess the facts, I again decided on attempting to gain visual access to what/who was happening in the cabin. To this end, I used magic to create a distraction with the hope of getting the information we sought.
What we did, we did in accordance to our understanding for the chief's concern. Again I apologize for the Theatrics but not having all the information needed, I could see no other way to ascertain that you were safe.

To Kaiy We know John is hear and I would guess that him holding a gun would show he is safe. So there is no need to remain concealed to assist me if needed.

rolls:
The majority of what I said is true. Some of it has a slight slant to make us look good but i think that happens in diplomacy anyways. Thus I have a diplomacy roll and not a bluff roll.1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

Seeing as Jelani gave us the option to change actions...

Tekumsah looks over the cover they had, noting that there was no way to remain hidden as he approached the house. Frowning, he stays put, but removes his bow from its quiver.

Upon hearing the shouts and such, though, the greenskin swiftly stands, vaults the cover, and levels his bow at the first man he sees--a man with Kinkanoan hair, but settlers' skin. John, Tekumsah thinks with a grin.

He moves slowly forward, the arrow still pointing at John so long as the rifle is pointed at Tamimay. "Put down the gun, John." Tekumsah glances at Kaiyhos' predicament, but there isn't anything he can do.

Keep in mind that unless John makes a DC 20 Perception check (or unless he knows Tekumsah personally, which is doubtful) he assumes Tekumsah to be a human... albeit a human traveling with greenskins and wearing Kinkanoan clothing.


John's eyes narrow, but after a moment he tilts the barrel away from Tamimay. "So Wamsutta doesn't trust me. Good to know. I'm fine, thank you. Will you be leaving now?" Though his rifle is no longer pointed at anyone, the butt remains at his shoulder and his finger rests along side the trigger guard.


Male Greenskin Gendarme Beastrider of the Order of the Lion

"Wise men trust no one, not even themselves." Kaiyohos says after stepping out from around the corner. His spear is pointed directly at the sky above.


The chief was merely concerned with your well being. Is there something you would like us to relay to him upon our return? Maybe something that he will understand that we don't, so that he may feel more at ease with your safety?

diplomacy1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

Tekumsah lowers the bow as John tilts the gun. However, like John, the warrior isn't about to completely unready himself--he leaves the arrow nocked, ready to be drawn and fired at a moment's notice. He nods at Kaiyohos and Tamimay's words. "We aren't here for trouble, or death. Just to see what there is to be seen."


"You can tell Wamsutta not to worry. I won't tattle on him, but I'll have no part in half my family going to war with the other half. Now please, leave us alone."


Thank you for your honesty. Once again sorry for the theatrics but we needed to make sure you were ok.

20 + 7 = 27 sense motive


He's pissed off, too pissed off to not be telling the truth.


Male Greenskin Ranger (Skirmisher) 2/ Rogue (Survivalist) 2

"Of course," Tekumsah says. He motions to the others. "Let's head back to the Chieftain."


Everyone agreed to head back?


Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 5 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | HP 19/28 | F +5 R +7 W +3 | Init +2 | Perc +11

John, we can understand your misgivings. You're caught between two worlds. But I promise you, that our tribe will uphold the heritage of the great chieftain Bakkata. Every settler, who want's to negotiate will get his chance. But we cannot spare those who broke the negotiated peace. Farewell.

I'm ready to go


Male Greenskin Gendarme Beastrider of the Order of the Lion

There is a gun to my back, I SAY RUN!!!!!

Kaiyohos calmly decides to take his leave, and heads over to the treeline carefully.


Once you all back off, John goes back inside, and Gwen withdraws her gun into the cabin.

It was quite a long walk to get here, if you are planning on heading back you will need to camp somewhere for the night. Camp near here, or travel some first then camp?

101 to 150 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Save the Greenskins Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.