Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

[Savage Worlds] A Necessary Evil (Inactive)

Game Master Peanuts


1 to 50 of 601 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Sometime in the last two days, the aliens slapped you in irons. Nullifiers, to be precise. You were wreaking havoc in Star City when the aliens performed one of their random sweeps. Some of you were ratted out by someone who has a very bad day coming sometime in the near future.

You were transferred from one holding facility to another, and finally put on this Mbuna, a weird alien transport ship that's currently zipping down Central Avenue. Most likely, they're heading for one of those big Man O'Wars to take you off world. Rumor has it they like to dissect folks with super-powers to see what makes 'em tick.

At least you won't suffer alone. There are a few other 'capes' in here as well. Some you recognize. Some you don't. You're all in the same boat now though.

Welcome to Necessary Evil :) Please describe your character's appearance, and feel free to tell the party anything about your character they might have heard. The ride is smooth, and you've probably got a couple of minutes alone in the back of this smooth walled, featureless box.


Female Tiefling (Kellid/Pitborn) Sorcerer 3 [ HP: 17/17 | AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +1 Perc: +1 | Effects: none]

Even with no make up, an obvious prison hack job haircut & the kind of pallor & physique you can only get from a long convalescence, the redhead in a prison tog hospital gown is easily the most gorgeous woman you have ever seen. The kind of skirt who would have definitely been hostage #1 in any job that needed one & didn't have somebody specific required, maybe even then...

Except now she's looking you dead even in the eyes & something tells you everything you just thought is written plain as day somewhere, somewhere she has no problem finding...
and playing around in.

"Not really," she says, raising her cuffed hands, "I'm just very used to those kinds of looks."
"Isabelle, Isabelle d'Honaire. "
"Sooo glad the V'sori are ancient history..."
she murmurs to herself.

Wait, what?

Wait, what?!? Isabelle d'Honaire? The name is familiar.

DA, I'm figuring given your skill set & her powers you probably always worked through an electronic intermediary before so this is the first time you have been face to face with her. Also, three years in a coma isn't kind to anyone.

GM-Peanuts; do the nullifiers only cancel out attribute scores higher than human maximum, or do they knock down any attributes that have levels of Super Attribute?


The nullifier cuffs negate anything bought with power points unless there's some particularly odd explanation for it. Obviously your minion does not cease to exist and anything bough with gear would not be negated (or depending on what it is would be negated/deactivated in some other manner)


Female Tiefling (Kellid/Pitborn) Sorcerer 3 [ HP: 17/17 | AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +1 Perc: +1 | Effects: none]

Ok, so she still has +6 Charisma & a d12 Persuasion, but her Spirit & Smarts are currently only d6. Kinda suck, but it could be worse.


Having your super powers taken away generallywould suck, yes


Bennies: 3, Wounds: 0, Fatigue: 0

Even more easily over-looked beside Isabelle, Anne-Marie would have been completely forgettable in any circumstances. A brunette wearing a pair of flannel pajama pants and a long sleeved black t-shirt, she is slender and toned, but nothing about her appearance suggests that she belongs in this group of villains. She does seem particularly unwilling to accept the fact of her restraints, though, and keeping pulling at them.

"I've done everything I was supposed to," she complains, to no one in particular, and pulls at the restraints again before sitting back to stare at the floor.

Two nights ago, after killing an agent of the Black Council posing as a pretzel vendor named Jonathan Fleischer, Masque had returned to what she believed was a secure apartment. She was confident that no one had ever seen her enter or leave the place, but someone clearly knew that she was there and who she was. She went to sleep that night, as always, with her pistol in her hand, and woke to feel a needle pricking her arm. She glimpsed aliens, and tried to escape.

Before she could slip into the spirit world, she was asleep again. When she woke up again, the nullifiers were on her wrists. It is obvious that she had been betrayed, but who had tipped them off? More important, what had she done to the spirits that they allowed this to happen? Fleischer must have had an ally. Someone powerful enough to track her to her safe house. Someone who used the aliens as a cat's paw. Someone that would lead her closer to the heart of the secret organization.

I'm ambivalent about who may or may not know her. She's been independent and fairly low profile, but has made contacts in the Super Villain community. While she is very focused on her own agenda, she believes that the Black Council is everywhere. Persuading her that a given target is one of them is not difficult, and highly economical. She might easily have worked for Professor Mayhem or Belledonna, or with Mus'ad or Bad Penny. Devil's Advocate she could easily have tapped as 'tech support' on one job or another.

@ Belledonna - I feel your pain. I'm a shooter with shooting d4. Obviously mistakes were made in character creation. Especially annoying since we knew this was coming.

@ GM - I'm assuming that her captors would have removed her weapons.


*chuckles* Your guns are not on you, no.


Male Human Sorcerer

"Phenomenal cosmic powers" The man says with a loud emphasis, "And I was captured by these brute-idiot fins and their frail over-sized headed overlords!" Professor Mayhem continues a few minute with ever-increasing unflattering names for the V'Sori. He gives the restraints a shake and begins to recite something in an ancient language, but nothing happens. He shakes the restraint with anger now.


Female Tiefling (Kellid/Pitborn) Sorcerer 3 [ HP: 17/17 | AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +1 Perc: +1 | Effects: none]

Given that they are the only women prisoners, I'm taking the liberty of placing Masque & Belledonna next to each other.

At the Brunette's words Isabelle moves as though to give her a commiserating pat on the shoulder, then pauses, as though she had a better look at her. A look of recognition passes fleetingly across Isabelle's features & she pats the Brunette's shoulder anyway. "I know how that goes dear."
"Sometimes you have to remind yourself you are acting for the long term good, not for 'just now'."

Another question raised, do the nullifiers eliminate Mus'ad's increased size? Or just the benefits? I'm am going to post assuming it just removes the benefits, cause otherwise seems weird.

Looking the rest of you over, eyes widening noticeably as they rest on the enormous middle eastern brute, she adds. "Well, none of you came from the infirmary, so how goes things?"
"Is there anywhere free of these jackboot-wearing off-world thugs?"

At the melodramatically sinister-looking fellow's rant, Isabelle fails to hide a smirk, murmuring sotto-vocce, "That answers that question..."

Hey Peanut?! The M'Buna listed in SW NE's free pdfs, is that basically what we are in right now?


No enormous brutes here :) but there is a middle eastern fellow.

Yes, that is a fan created representation of a M'Buna. This one is of a slightly different construction however, lacking the tactical screens at the end, and the seats are more sort of benches.

Professor Mayhem wrote:
"Phenomenal cosmic powers"...

Itty bitty living space


bennies 4 ex 5 W:0 F:0 Card Noble Sacrifice

"Can we please be quiet? The nullification field and the mistuned engine on this thing are combining to give me a horrible headache. I don't need to listen to monologues on V'sori perfidy. I believe you are preaching to the choir here."
The speaker is a slight, androgynous figure in prison scrubs. The hands, barely visible in the nullifier rig are pale and sport the odd small scar.

DA has been active for about a decade but takes care not to meet face to face. Tends to work as an info broker, tech support and planning consultant. Can we assume DA and Bella worked together on the her Bank job?

The M'buna makes a small lurch as it accelerates.
"Gods...Isn't it enough that they are going to kill us slowly. Do we have to get a student driver as well?"

Acrually not that bad off stat/skill wise. Course without my gear and devices I would be hard pressed to take out one of Bella's minions.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

At the rear of the transport a hulking form sits relaxed in his chair slumped against the wall to rest. A thick and luxurious handlebar mustache is the primal feature of his otherwise full and almost piggish face. His hair is restrained by a long strip of dirty cloth wound intricately into a dhamala turban. His upper body is bare and ludicrously muscled and above the nullifier bands are thick and heavy golden bracelets. He wears loose linen trousers and simple leather moccasins on his feet.

Rousing with a chuckle he speaks in a deep and gravelly voice that has not fully mastered the English tongue "Mus'ad is happy, strange ones take him to place where it will be easy to feed the thieves. Just need take silly bracelets off" and he strains at the nullifiers for a while. His strength is clearly reduced by the devices, but in common terms he remains fiercly strong. Failing to overcome the nullifiers grip he shrugs and leans back against the wall calmly.


Bennies: 4 Wounds: 0 Exp: 4

"If you can't break out of those yourself I don't fancy any of our odds in helping you out, big fella." Bad Penny clanks the cuffs together a couple times for emphasis. "And I don't think the V'sori plan on obliging you either, at least until you're filleted on a table somewhere. But you've got the right attitude. We've clearly have these sniveling aliens right where we want them, minus the cuffs, the overwhelming alien technology, and the world-spanning tyrannical regime."

Bad Penny is an elderly man in a dingy blue jumpsuit. There's a lighter patch on the shoulder where it appears an insignia has been ripped off and a cent symbol scrawled in its place. Dark eyes roam the room beneath shaggy eyebrows and a bald pate. His beard is scruffy and grey is creeping into the black. Physically he appears to be in relatively good condition for his age, but clearly will not be performing any feats of strength.

He shifts in his seat. Would it kill our benevolent overseers to have cushions in these things? Or have they advanced beyond our puny earth pillow technology?


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Mus'ad looks up at the voice and sees one of the Dhōkhēbāza talking at him. The smiling edges of his hirsute lips darken and turn downwards. Mus'ad grinds his teeth as he tries to figure out in what way the bald one intends to cheat him today... perhaps he is in league with the ones that captured him... placed as a mole to sow discontent among them.

Mus'ad makes a show of turning away from the one in the blue jumpsuit, body language making it clear that his words are to be ignored.

Dhōkhēbāza - deceiver


lurker dot


Benevolent? Whatever gave you THAT idea?

Some cushions would indeed be fortuitous, as suddenyl the M'buna flies into the air! It flips end over end, sending you tumbling into the other captives. The world is a jumble of colour, and cursing before you finally come to rest. The M'buna is ripped wide open and you see blood and smoke everywhere. You briefly spot a speeding rocket, moments before a massive explosion rocks the wreck, killing the Fin guards as they stagger forth from the cockpit. You're stunned, trying to gather your senses, choking on smoke and wincing from your injuries, but the nullifiers keep you weak and useless.

Then a familiar figure strides through the smoke holding a massive gun. There can be no mistaking the famous form of Earth's most powerful supervillain, certainly not after he's been plastering himself over the tv since the moment the invasion began--Doctor Destruction!

"You want to live?" Destruction asks, his harsh voice filtering through the steel faceplate as he looks expectantly at you all.

Those who wish can give me an Agility roll to see if they manage to keep their feet and their wits about them, otherwise you're all shaken in a pile at the rear end of the ship, and can pretty much only nod or shake your head.


Male Human Sorcerer

1d6 ⇒ 1 Agility
1d6 ⇒ 2 Wild Die

The first one to be tossed about by the M'Buna beginning to tumble about. He groans from the body of the pile of villains, and tries to find his way to his feet. He tries to keep a health respect for the man at the moment and hold back his snark...

"Of course I want to live. I didn't spend four thousands years in another dimension to become an experiment for these undeveloped..." Professor Mayhem begins a short series of insults towards the alien oppressors again.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Agility: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (3) = 5 - result 3

Mus'ad attempts to throw out an arm to arrest his fall, but forgets the nullifiers. The result is him being placed near the base of the supervillainous jumble of bodies. Unable to do much but mumble through the press of flesh "Mus'ad needs others get off him first..."


Bennies: 3, Wounds: 0, Fatigue: 0

Anne-Marie listens to the others. She wonders about the ranter, who sounds perfectly insane. The little guy strikes her as familiar, and it takes a moment for it to click. She's heard his voice before, over a crappy satellite connection when she needed to get through some heavy duty electronic security. The big man in the turban makes her smile. He doesn't make any sense, but he's the only one not complaining, and as for the old guy, he's obviously just a goon.

Then the vehicle flips, bouncing her around inside it. She sees the gap ripped open in the M'buna, and knows it means freedom. Her mind tells her to go as soon as the vehicle stops moving, but it seems that being severed from her connection with the spirits has slowed her down. She has barely had the thought when a rocket explodes and throws her back.

Agility/wild 1d6 ⇒ 3 1d6 ⇒ 1

She clutches her elbow, wincing, and sits up. The ground moves under her. For a moment, she thinks she has a concussion, until she hears a voice and realizes she is sitting on the back of the big man with the turban. She rolls off of him and looks up at Doctor Destruction. There is no doubt that the man is a villain, but she has never suspected him of involvement with her enemy. After all, the enemy keeps a low profile.

She nods. Living would be good.


Female Tiefling (Kellid/Pitborn) Sorcerer 3 [ HP: 17/17 | AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +1 Perc: +1 | Effects: none]

Agility: 1d6 ⇒ 5, Wild Die: 1d6 ⇒ 4. Against all odds, Isabelle manages to make it look good, or at least not bad.

Maintaining her poise, Isabelle shifts her balance, leaning into the angle of the floor as it rapidly arcs & then hooking her ankle about one of the benchposts at the apex. At Doctor Destruction's words, she is already tumbling down to almost kneel, perfunctorily, at his feet; before hopping back to her feet & edging to his non-armed side.

All those dead. Am I a coward, that I am happier to be alive & hopefully free than I am outraged at the cost of it?

Ok, taking another look at the picture, DD doesn't have a non-armed side, so she shifts to the side that doesn't have the BFG.


Bennies: 4 Wounds: 0 Exp: 4

Benevolent was very much sarcasm.

Agility/Wild 1d8 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 6
Explosion 1d6 ⇒ 5

The M'buna flips and Bad Penny's instincts kick in, protecting his head in a defensive curl. Not another crash... After moments of chaos he somehow ends up on his feet, a sour frown on his face. He's rubbing his hip where it got banged against the bulkhead but otherwise unharmed.

Doctor Destruction makes his entrance and Bad Penny snaps out a reply. Stupid question. Obviously I want to live. I'd be pretty incompetent to have not offed myself by my age otherwise.

He starts making his way out of the gaping hole in the M'buna, grumbling.


bennies 4 ex 5 W:0 F:0 Card Noble Sacrifice

Agility d8 rediced to d6 by nullifiers: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Wild 1d6 ⇒ 2 Sweet success!

"Hello Doctor. Quite the timely housecall." Looking around for the source of the voice you are taken aback as the slight figure lowers into view. You hear a metallic click as the figure drops from the former wall now roof of the M'buna. The figure studies the good doctor and you almost hear the brain working in the crudely shaven skull.

"Why did you free us and how much time do we have before reinforcements arrive?"


It seems the doctor is not interested in your witty quips and observations. When the last of you gives your agreement he turns and strides from the vehicle, while a number of green-suited masked minions intercept you before you can take more than a staggerign step. They roughly grab hold of the lot of you--pulling you to you feet as necessary--and hurry you into a larger vehicle, some sort of Anti-Grav personnel carrier, clearly not one of the alien's more curvacious designs.

The large hatch closes promptly behind the last of you and the carrier jolts swiftly into the air as you are pushed into seats along the wall. The green figures move amongst you despite the rocking of the ride as the vehicle zips away from the scene, pressing small lumps of clay onto the nullifier gauntlets which still hold your hands and arms bound together, and your powers at bay.

"You might think I rescued you because I'm in awe of your amazing powers. You'd be wrong. You can all be cut into flank steaks on a V'Sori examination table for all I care." he says, walking down the line of you , pausing momentarily to touch each of you on the forehead, as if giving some kind of benediction.

"No I rescued you for two reasons. The first is because it draws the fins away from my real target. The second is because I can always use a new Omega cell. If you want in, and can prove yourself to me tonight, you're in. If you're not interested... well let's just say you will be."

At that, Doctor Destruction slams a button on the wall. The back hatch opens, the carrier goes into a climb, and each of you plummets out of the carrier and into the darkness below.

In your minds you hear the Doctor's voice continue. You've got precious few seconds before you hit the ground. Since I've touched each of you, I can now communicate telepathically at the speed of thought. One of your few seconds will be gone by the time I finish my offer. I suggest you think fast.

There's a prisoner in the holding pens named Minjack. You might have heard of him--he pulled the Amij Diamond job last summer. He's in there somewhere, and I want him. If you agree to break him out and bring him to the centre of the camp--ALIVE--I'll bust open your nullifiers so you can survive the fall. If you tell me to go stuff myself, I can only say that I hope you hit a Fin on your way down.

Find Mindjack, bring him to the centre of camp. I'll pick those who survive up after I deal with any remaining V'Sori that fly in. It won't end there though. I can find you wherever you go now. I can help you and show you how we can defeat the invaders who took over our playground, or I can point you out to them like wounded prey to a hound.

It's your choice. You have 7 seconds.
7...
6...
5...


bennies 4 ex 5 W:0 F:0 Card Noble Sacrifice

Thinking:I agree.

There are other thoughts, the phrase 'overdramatic jumped-up can opener' among them but they are swiftly controlled. The falling figure rolls so its back is closest to the ground. Just because death is coming does not mean one has to watch it approach.

Thinking: Simple plastique, tight beam detonator, limited effective range. Simple, reliable, if a bit pedestrian.


As Devil's Advocate is thinking those things there is a loud bang as the detonator receives the signal, and blows his cuffs, shrapnel flying up into the air above him, left behind as he continues to fall blindly towards he knows not what.

4...

Notice roll please DA. At your normal d8 ;)


Bennies: 4 Wounds: 0 Exp: 4

Bad Penny's sigh is carried away by the rushing wind. At last, someone who knows what they're doing. Consider me hired, boss.


bennies 4 ex 5 W:0 F:0 Card Noble Sacrifice
Dr. D wrote:
Notice roll please DA.

Notice 1d6 ⇒ 3, wild 1d6 ⇒ 1

The falling figure contemplates the broken fragments of the nullifer as they drift away in freefall. 'Damn, that might have been useful, but at least the headache is gone.'


It could be the wind whipping past your ears at high speed, but Bad Penny almost swears he hears a chuckle, before the detonation of his cuffs momentarily overwhelms his hearing.

Now if only he had Madame Voluptuo's brassiere he could use it as a parachute...


bennies 4 ex 5 W:0 F:0 Card Noble Sacrifice
Doctor Destruction wrote:

...

Notice roll please DA. At your normal d8 ;)

Notice is d6. I was over on skills so I dropped the d8 to a d6. In retrospect that may not have been wise...


Normal as in 'with power points' ;)


bennies 4 ex 5 W:0 F:0 Card Noble Sacrifice
GM-Peanuts wrote:
Normal as in 'with power points' ;)

>facepalm< I am a moron. Need more coffee I think. Notice using the correct die.. 1d8 ⇒ 6. Well that is a bit better, gads I feel foolish.


Bennies: 3, Wounds: 0, Fatigue: 0

Plummeting through the air, without her connection to the spirits, Anne-Marie didn't take time to weigh her options.

I agree, she thought. Mindjack will be sprung.

Obviously, Doctor Destruction had been sent by the spirits to set her free. It only made sense that releasing this Mindjack was a part of their plan, as well. She looked down and hoped that he had worked something out to help with the landing.


Normal is a somewhat ambiguous term under the circumstances, so don't feel too bad.

Devil's Advocate:
As you face upwards, watching as the carrier levels out, you think you spot something else fall out of the rear. It's hard to judge with your swift descent, but it looks about the size of a medium dog.

As Masque glances downwards her cuffs blow as well, instantly returning her connection to the spirits. As far as the landing goes, the group seems to be heading right for a building the size of a warehouse. It is the larger of two buildings on opposite sides of a large courtyard. She doesn't have much more time to take in the view as the roof swiftly rushes up to meet them.

3...


Male Human Sorcerer

Well-played.

Professor Mayhem thinks as he plummets from Destruction's ship. He wouldn't be the first warlord that Mayhem had allied himself with and he will not be the last. He would twist the V'Sori until they screamed then bowed before him...

Ignoring the fact that I have no other option. We are of a same purpose. This, Mindjack, will be yours tonight."

He holds up his arms away from his body so his hands are in place to start a spell that will slow his descent as they are busted open.


bennies 4 ex 5 W:0 F:0 Card Noble Sacrifice

"Hmmm..... Three to four feet long. Elongated oval shape. Might be tumbling. No vapor trail. I wonder ....."

The falling figure raises one arm to point towards the departing carrier.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Mustache whipping in the wind, Mus'ad thinks Mus'ad not that stupid... Mus'ad will bring your little man

He then looks to the nullifiers that hold his power hidden from him and smiles... waiting for the five thieves to be unleashed.


Female Tiefling (Kellid/Pitborn) Sorcerer 3 [ HP: 17/17 | AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +1 Perc: +1 | Effects: none]

2...

Am I this craven? I can claim the deaths in my own escape were not of my doing, not my responsibility. If I say yes to this, every death that follows will be at my tacit approval, if not outright act. The future will come, whether I lead the way or not. Is it enough that I want the world to be a better place, that I am trying to aid it so?
None of this really matters. The only person who can even hear me right now is a megalomaniacal mass murderer who is likely laughing his ass off right now.

Isabelle angles herself to face the ground, rushing towards her, whatever comes, she will face it.

Yes, damn me...


The rest of the villain's cuffs swiftly follow the other's, shattering and scattering into the breeze above as you all continue on your trajectory. Not much more than a second later you all hit the roof, and with the sound of tearing metal you all punch through it.

A soak roll from everyone to see how well you manage the 'landing'. Professor Mayhem can give me his Spellcasting roll to see if he manages to get off his spell before he hits.

As you pick yourself up off the floor with groans and thoughts of the bruises you'll be looking at tomorrow you realize you are still alive. You also recognize a facility much like the many prisons you've been shuffled through the previous couple of days, coffin cells, barred doors, nullifier cuffs on all the inmates, and the drones... four of them are turning in your direction right now.

Initiative time! Cards will be drawn in alphabetical order: Bad Penny, Belledonna, Devil's Advocate, Masque, Mus'ad, Professore Mayhem. S=Spade, H=Hearts, D=Diamonds, C=Clubs. Unless there's something you want to do that specifically requires timing it with another player/character then you don't have to wait for your turn to post.

You all also have three bennies, and a card from the adventure deck. The way the adventure deck works is you will be given a draw from it, one card per rank. You can only play one card, unless a card played gives you another draw from the deck. You can trade cards with others, but must be a one to one trade. Bennies and Adventure Cards will reset at the end of the current mission/prior to the start on a second mission, but I'll be experimenting to get the right balance.

Bad Penny, AS, Make no Mistake:
"It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin'."

Play when facing any kind of creature with immunity or invulnerability. One character may ignore those special abilities of the creature for the duration of the combat.

Well. They can't all be winners.

Belledonna, 2C, Epiphany:
"Beginner's Luck"

Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previous did not have for the remainder of the game session.

Devil's Advocate, 3S, Dressed to Kill:
"Wow. You clean up nice, kid."

Your hero dresses up, is "on" for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current "scene."

Masque, 8S, Sidekick/Follower:
"Meet my youthful ward."
"Your what?"

Play on an NPC at least one Rank lower than you. He become a Wild Card with the AB: Superpowers Edge. He is loyal to you and aids you, but is dependent on you for support. You may only have one Sidekick at a time. If you already have a Sidekick, you may play this card to give him a Benny.

Since you're currently the lowest of the low, you can use this to recruit yourself a non-super minion instead :)

Mus'ad, 3C, Deadly Blow:
"Oooh! That'll leave a mark!"

Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
Hah!

Professor Mayhem, QS, Out of the Frying Pan...:
"Quick! Down this garbage chute!"

Play to avoid death, capture, or some other bad situation for your hero or any ally. The situation leads to some new trouble, however, as determined by the GM

Initiative, Round 1: Bad Penny, Professor Mayhem, Masque, Devil's Advocate, Mus'ad, Belledonna


Female Tiefling (Kellid/Pitborn) Sorcerer 3 [ HP: 17/17 | AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +1 Perc: +1 | Effects: none]

Are the bennies we get in addition to the one we need to make the soak roll, or will making the soak roll require one of them. I will do so either way, I will simply consider I only have two bennies afterwards until I hear differently. That said.
Vigor: 1d6 ⇒ 5, Wild Die: 1d6 ⇒ 4.
Am I correct in concluding I don't have to designate my 'bonus skill' until I want to use it?

Isabelle tucks herself into a ball & rolls out of the impact into a crouching guard stance. Agility: 1d6 ⇒ 2, Wild Die: 1d6 ⇒ 6. I believe the Wild Die counts as a success...
Going to consider it one anyway.

Oh, blessed Graces! My mind is Free again!

I'm guessing we should still all be in sight of one another...
Yes, that means what you are afraid it means.

Everyone 'hears' in the back of your minds an exuberant, feminine laugh, 'Alright everyone, I know we all want to finish this 'job' & get out of here with all due haste. To facilitate this, You can all now 'hear' me & I can 'hear' you. It's not quite as elegant as us being able to communicate directly, but none of us are in a position to be choosy right now are we?'

Drones, Bother! My abilities rarely work on them... Let the others deal with the drones, time to find our quarry... Isabelle turns her attention to the prisoners in view. Notice: 1d8 ⇒ 5, Wild Die: 1d6 ⇒ 1, to determine if any of the visible prisoners looks like they might be Mindjack. Remember, Belledonna was comatose when he started his career, so unless DD gave a mental image, she is kind of working blind. If she spots a likely candidate, she will establish telepathic contact, she is also using her Free Action to 'switch' on Mind Reading.
Edit: Bother, forgot maintaining Telepathy imposes a -2 on all other rolls, so I have a -2 on that Notice check total.


Bennies: 3, Wounds: 0, Fatigue: 0

Soak roll=Vigor/Wild card 1d8 ⇒ 1 /1d6 ⇒ 5 One wound soaked and unshaken (if I was shaken)

Anne-Marie looked up at the piece of blue sky visible through the hole her body had made. A nice steel roof to break the fall. Lovely, she thought as she stood up, wincing as she felt what would likely be a whole assortment of monster bruises soon.

Doctor Destruction had made good on his promise. She was indeed back in a prison. Not yet in prison yet, though, she thought. She rubbed her wrists where the nullifiers had been. She was free again, she could feel the spirits around her again. The thoughts flashed through her head as she stood and looked around.

The drones were turning towards them, and she stepped into the spirit world. The masque, the shape of herself that she left behind, rushed at the drones.

She goes intangible and invisible, creating a duplicate as a masque. The masque will be ever so slightly transparent as it also goes intangible. Anyone watching carefully may notice (at -2 on the roll) that the duplicate's eyes are like glass. Those who are really on the ball may notice (at -4) a vague, Anne-Marie shaped distortion in the air, like a camera slightly out of focus, when she is invisible.


Male Human Sorcerer

Spellcasting: 1d12 ⇒ 6 Wild Die: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Has precious moments as he begins to recite a quick chant in an ancient language that would give him a moment of flight so he could slow his fall enough to land safety. Wings made of shadows unfold behind him for a moment and vanish as soon as his feet touch the ground.

"I will deal with people being in my head momentarily. These mindless creatures are more pressing."

Casting to give the cheapest Flight to safety land, then letting it expire as I will need the points!


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Mus'ad feels his strength flowing back into his form after the nullifiers and begins to ominously laugh with pleasure. Rolling in flight to land on his side...
Vigor (Soak): 1d10 ⇒ 8 1d6 ⇒ 4 - result is 8, success with one raise - 2 wounds soaked
...and proving harder than the floor, leaving himself relatively unscathed and a small crater in the ground. He pushes effortlessly back to his full eight feet with one hand and clenches his hands before him into fists.

Bellowing with wild abandon "Mus'ad punches like camel kicks! Feel the wrath of my fists of fury!" he roars and charges at the nearest decoy, lashing out with a ham sized fist...
Fighting: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 1d6 ⇒ 4 - result is 8
Damage if it hits: 1d12 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (5, 2) = 14


Five of the villains punch through the ceiling and land on the concrete floor of the main holding area. Belledonna tumbles and comes up unharmed, while Mus'ad cracks the concrete and appears likewise unconcerned. Masque's landing is a bit less graceful, but nevertheless she's dusts herself off and seem fine apart from a few bruises. The roof appears not to have been steel, but tin, and the stars shines down through the large hole torn into it, through which Professor Mayhem slowly descends.

Apologies if I didn't mention it before, it's actually night time.

Everyone can make me two Common Knowledge rolls (aka Smarts, modified by any powers or hindrances you might have), one for Drones, one for Mindjack. Belledonna, until you're able to bring yourself up to speed you're going to have a -2 to most Common Knowledge rolls relating to the V'Sori.

Bad Penny, following a pessimistic impulse glances upwards and spots what Devil's Advocate saw during his fall. Judging by the shape--rectangular--it is not some weapon or projectile as DA seemed to think, but perhaps a... duffel bag? Either way it will be a few more seconds before it hits the ground.

Alrighty Masque, please give me a Spirit roll at -4 to go intangible (You are performing three actions at once, so double multi action penalty). Your duplicate will also need to give me a Spirit roll to go intangible (no wild die for the duplicate, as per the book it is an Extra, not a Wild Card). A single move will get the duplicate up to one of the drones however.

Musad charges another of the drones, roaring his challenge. The thing is just starting to raise it's right arm--which appears to have the muzzle of a weapon emerging from it's forearm--when his punch connects, and sends the drone flying through the air, impacting the wall with an unpleasant crunch. It falls to the ground, twitching and sparking.

Knockback: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Belledonna's outcome awaiting on Common Knowledge rolls :) So with both penalties (see Discussion thread) it's a smarts roll at -4. Hope you Ace it :p


Female Tiefling (Kellid/Pitborn) Sorcerer 3 [ HP: 17/17 | AC: 11 T: 11 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +1 Perc: +1 | Effects: none]
GM-Peanuts wrote:
Belledonna's outcome awaiting on Common Knowledge rolls :) So with both...

Guh! Wish me luck! Oh wait, you already did... Common Knowledge/Smarts at -4: 1d10 - 4 ⇒ (8) - 4 = 4, Common Knowledge/Wild Die at -4: 1d6 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3. Just squeaked the Smarts roll for the V'sori.

I think...
Common Knowledge/Smarts at -2: 1d10 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6, Common Knowledge/Wild Die at -2: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0. Also made the roll for Mindjack, Yay! Hey Peanut, for Common Knowledge rolls like that one, can we say she kind of inadvertently peels the information out of someone nearby's head, or is that too scary telepathic villainess badass?


Bennies: 3, Wounds: 0, Fatigue: 0

SPC has activating passive powers like invisibility and, weirdly, duplicates as a free action so I didn't think they would still inflict multi-action penalties. In future, she'll probably account for that and spread it out a bit. spirit/wild (at -4) 1d8 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 6
Duplicate Spirit 1d8 ⇒ 4
Wild dice aced 1d6 ⇒ 1
It would seem that only my duplicate is intangible, but at least I can't be seen.
Common knowledge rolls CK1/wild, CK2/wild
1d6 ⇒ 3 1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 2 1d6 ⇒ 1
I know something about drones, apparently. I know Mindjack is the guy Doctor D is looking for, and ... uh ... he wants him not-dead.


Yeah I'm happy to flavour it like that within reason. It's not always going to work/make sense however :) It's Peanuts too, with the s :)

Drones looks something like this. Ththeir description in the book is a little different though, like the gun being part of their forearm rather than something they have to hold. Artists...

Drones (For those who make their check):
Drones as they have come to be known, are the most basic V'Sori troop type. They appear to have no end of the things and they throw them at their foes with wild abandon, like giving away candy on Halloween. Despite that however they are actually fairly competent, and have some rather frightening armaments (inbuilt blasters, vibro claws on each hand, and an inbuilt stun charge), they are just not on the same level as supers. If the V'Sori throw enough of them at you however, well... massed gunfire covers many sins.

Mindjack (For those who make their check):
Trying to recall the criminal you were sent here for conjurs an image of a scruffy, though cheerful looking fellow, tall and lean with sandy blond hair and hazel eyes.

With a mental image pulled from one of her allies Belledonna scans the visible cells, trying to spot their prisoner. With the ramping chaos however she finds her efforts hampered as the armored Drones start to level their forearms on their little group, readying to fire.

Hmm, Invisibility specifically says it takes an action actually. Duplication doesn't really say either way but it seems like it should to me. The rest sounds about right.

Initiative, Round 1: Bad Penny, Professor Mayhem, Masque, Devil's Advocate, Mus'ad, Belledonna


bennies 4 ex 5 W:0 F:0 Card Noble Sacrifice

Round one.
Soak roll, Vigor d6 1d6 ⇒ 6, wild 1d6 ⇒ 2. Vigor ace!1d6 ⇒ 6, second vigor ace!?1d6 ⇒ 5. Total 17, success with 3 raises. Apparently I found the stairs.

Hitting the shattered roof like the love child of a rag doll and a crash test dummy you expect there to be little left but an inconvenient stain. However it seems the gods were smiling on shaven headed deceivers today as this one somehow rolls down the sloping roof (thanks for smashing it Mus'ad) and end up standing the concrete prison floor.

common kn. Drones: Smarts 1d10 ⇒ 5, wild 1d6 ⇒ 5. Was hoping I would pass this, hard to be active through the invasion and not know the occupation troops.
Common kn. Mindjack: Smarts 1d10 ⇒ 10, wild 1d6 ⇒ 1. Smarts ace 1d10 ⇒ 7 four raises. I expect I've worked with Mindjack before.

The seemingly fall proof prisoner looks for any available cover as the drones approach. Perhaps fall proof but decidedly not blaster proof.
Action to move to cover while defending (parry 7), maybe an open cell or corner of a connecting hallway? In the absence of cover Advocate will drop prone to get some small protection from shooting, rising and going full defence if they close (parry {1d6 ⇒ 4, wild1d6 ⇒ 6, wild ace1d6 ⇒ 2} =8.


Bennies: 3, Wounds: 0, Fatigue: 0

Oops. Invisibility does take an action. I guess Duplicate does as well.


Devil's Advocate:
Things never quite seem to go Mindjack's way, frequently in the wrong place at the wrong time. Despite this you know him to be a pretty happy go lucky guy. You've never met in person of course, but you know him to be someone you can rely on to have your back, he's always the last out of any job, which probably explains some of the bad luck...

Cover seems to be in short supply for Devil's Advocate, for some reason they don't make prisons with convenient locations to have a proper firefight. Weird, huh? As he drops to the ground he is rather startled as a duffel-bag thuds into the concrete less than a foot from his head.

Bad Penny:
If you wish to do something in the first round then feel free to do so, otherwise you can feel free to hold until the bag drops at the start of the next round and go first. If so then ignore the card below.

Round 2: Devil's Advocate (KH), Bad Penny (10C), Drones (9D), Mus'ad (9C), Professor Mayhem (8C), Belladonna (5C), Masque (2H)

Duffel's contents:
Glock 9mm, spare clip, a familiar looking computer, helmet, and belt(?), half filled with gaudy looking jewelry, an impressive, though unfamiliar looking gun with Zapco prominent on the side. The fall doesn't seem to have damaged anything tooo badly.


bennies 4 ex 5 W:0 F:0 Card Noble Sacrifice

round 2 KH
The crouching figure rips open the duffel grabbing for the helmet and wrist computer like an addict. "Rebecca, activate. Combat interface." A pair of small antennas rise from the helmet as an opaque visor drops over one eye.

So the helmet and the wrist comp were in the duffel. Along with either the mirage field generator or the chameleon device but not both? Also no armor or other mundane gear? That is if one can call a mega taser and a stunwand mundane. And a belt half full of jewelry???

Crouching over the downed drone The shaven figure goes to work. Using a handy bit of metal from the shattered roof the drone's own broken armor and interface leads extended from the wrist comp. the figure seems to be trying to remove the armor and expose the right arm. The arm with the gun.

Not sure on how to do this exactly but I want to remove the gun from the drone to get a weapon. Using Mechanical Genius to jury-rig the gun to manage a shot or two is also an option if the full removal and adapting for human use thing will take too long. Any ideas on how to do this? Repair roll if needed1d10 ⇒ 4, wild1d6 ⇒ 4 add 4 if interface applies.

1 to 50 of 601 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Savage Worlds] A Necessary Evil Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.