Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


401 to 450 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

"That remains to be seen. Until we can better communicate with them, we don't know the full story, but suffice to say, we don't need any more cooks in the kitchen. " He looks you over. "Unless there is anything else, Grim has your next mission. "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Is she going to be staying with us on our missions, or is someone going to take her?


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

They are going to take her into custody safe keeping unless you put up any objections and choose to have her with you.


Turning to the girl, Auriel will say "We are going to be going to very dangerous places and doing dangerous things. I would like to keep you here where it is safe. Will you wait for us here?"

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas nods.
But then after a moment, he pipes up. "You should not position me in a kitchen. I am not very good at cooking. Although I can quash rumors, gossip, chitchat, hearsay, and the truth with equal lethality."


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

The girls nods slowly, apprehensive but trusting.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Dug in

Jonis lips tighten.
"We can't judge her people. They were scared, under attack. What they did was wrong, but we should not judge them for trying to save the lives of many more children."
She looks at the girl, and smiles at her, worry in her eyes.
"Is she going to be safe here? Is the Tomorrow Legion going to be safe with her here? Maybe we should take her with us... I feel responsible for her."


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

Major Deschesne nods. "She will be safe. Serena herself has assured me of that. She says that this girl plays an important role for the Legion and I've learned to trust half of what that elf says. We will be keeping her separate from her kin for now. We hope that they haven't completely shunned her." He lowers his eyes and then his comm beeps. "I have to take this. Leave the girl, she is in good hands. Grim is waiting in the briefing room." He waits until you leave to answer his call.

The briefing room is packed with more than your team. Some of the other teams you have seen are here as well. Grim clears his throat as you take your places.

"Alright, here's the situation. Seems we stirred up a hornets nest. CS chatter is talking about a group of bad news demons that have made it through a Rift and are causing trouble on the borders. We're sending your teams out to see if you can find evidence of their passing and what threat they are to the Legion and any surrounding towns. Also, we want to know what the Dead Boys are doing about it. Questions?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Dug in

Jonis smiles at Grim and shakes her head, her hair waving around her head.
"We won't fail you. You can trust us."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"Do you want us to engage enemy targets if we determine they have been weakened by the demonic intrusion?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

"If the opportunity to thin the herd presents itself, take it, but take no extra risks."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Auriel hugs her then says "We will be back soon." before heading to the briefing room.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10

"Are we to engage the demonic forces if we see them and they do not see us, or is this purely a reconnaissance mission?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

"Recon In force as it were. As I said, if the opportunity presents itself, thin either herd."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Dug in

At the word "either" Jonis seems confused for a second, but then she understands he is talking about the Coalition soldier.
She puts an uncomfortable face but doesn't say anything.


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

Seems you guys are done so, moving on...

Satisfied that you are done with him, the man dismisses you and you walk right out into a meeting with Grim, who was waiting a little too close outside the door.

"That was quicker than I expected.." He doesn't continue with that train of thought. "Rescue mission, you're up. Seems a couple of scavs found themselves in trouble when they went off the reservation and walked into a nest of some kind. That's all we got when the radio transmission cut out. Coords are in your tracking systems, shouldn't take you more than an hour to get there at top speed. Captain Tiller is waiting." He turns to leave.


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Dug in

Jonis salutes Grim.
"We will do our best, sir!"
She goes out, get into her Glitter Girl, and lets out a small prayer, hoping they won't need to kill anybody (except demons or evil supernatural creatures).

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas nods. "Affirmative. We will annihilate the nest with extreme prejudice." He also moves out.


"Let's be about our mission of mercy. The sooner we resolve this, the better."


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

You load up into Tiller's TechnoWizard helicopter once again and you are quickly off. This time he doesn't say as much to you, and you notice that the pylons are loaded with ordnance this time. If questioned, he simply states, "Forearmed is forewarned."

Soon you approach the coordinates on your trackers and find that you are coming close what appears to have been a battle of some kind. There are giant insectoid bodies all over, steaming from fires all around and several armored bodies laying about as well. This looks like it might have once been a farmstead, but the smoldering ruins of it tell you that is no longer the case.

Tiller releases the Glitter Girl and then lowers the heli so you can get out. He then takes off in a hurry...

Notice at -2:
You can hear the sounds of someone moaning in pain coming from a crater in the ground near the burning farm.


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Dug in

Notice (with -2): 1d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 5
Wild Die (with -2): 1d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 2 = 3
As soon as she touches down Jonis scans around for threats and/or survivors. Her voice comes out on the radio.
"From the crater over there! There seem to be survivors."
Se moves towards the sound, trying to provide cover if necessary.
Xiticks (or whatever they are called) I guess... let's see if Jonis knows about them. Are the armored bodies Coalition soldiers?[/dice]
Common Knowledge: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Wild Die: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Common Knowledge Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 3
[ooc]Common Knowledge 9, success with a raise.


Notice | Wild Die: 1d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 2 = 11d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 5

Auriel nods to Jonis and begins quietly moving in that direction.

Stealth | Wild Die: 1d10 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 5


Female Human
Skills:
Fighting d4, Investigation d6. Knowledge: Arcana d6, Knowledge: Engineering d6, Knowledge: Science d6, Healing d4, Lockpicking d6, Notice d8+2, Persuasion d4, Repair d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Techno-Wizardry d10-1
Bennies: 5/4 Wounds 0 Toughness: 8 (4) Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Strain: 1 Power Points: 15/15 Active Gadgets: Speak Language: D-Bee 5/7 PP

Woof, sorry about the absence!

Notice (-2/+Alertness): 1d8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 + 2 = 2
Wild (-2/+Alertness): 1d6 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 + 2 = 4

Not hearing quite as clearly as Jonis, Jazz nonetheless follows up, trauma kit in hand. "Oh man, oh man," she mutters, taking awkward, hopping steps over tangled limbs. "Someone alive in there?" She asks once she makes it to the edge of the crater.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10

Notice-2 & Wild: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 11d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Burgurk doesn't notice anything, but follows the others, to see what they heard.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Notice: 1d4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 2 = 4
wild Notice: 1d6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 2 = 3

Atlas nods as he exits and begins marching toward the crater, his heavy feet stomping along the ground and his weapons pointed toward the sound. "Acknowledged. Location of possible attacker sighted. We shall question him before exterminating him."


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Dug in

Jonis' voice comes on the radio.
"Attie, please don't fire unless fired upon. The person there might be hurt, and in need of help."


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

Jonis:
these are indeed Xiticix warriors. From the size of the group, they look to be a scouting party. The thing is, you know that they usually don't range this far south. You're almost exactly 500 miles from the nearest known nest.

As you approach the crater, you look at the armor that the dead ones are wearing. None of them are the distinctive black of the Coalition. Most of the armor is either camouflage or painted in a drab color of some kind. The only thing that stands out, at least at this point, is that their right shoulders are all painted silver.

When you reach the edge of the crater, you see inside a person in armor that looks to be a repurposed piece of Coalition Soldier armor. Instead of black it is painted a dull Gray. It does not have the silver shoulder. Their helmet is on, so you can't see their face, but they slowly reach for the laser rifle next to their leg. They stop when they see the combat Cyborg's weapons pointed at them.

"He..help..mee.." that's when you notice an expanding pool of blood underneath their back.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Dug in

Jonis' voice sounds on the radio.
"Xiticix... insects that invaded north of Tolkeen. Very aggressive. Normally they are not this far south. If they manage to build a nest we are all in huge problems."


Auriel will slide into the crater to try and stabilize him.

Medicine | Wild Die: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 11d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Trying to stabilize the wound, Auriel will call up to the group at the top of the crater with "Help me please! I can't stop the bleeding!"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10

Burgurk leaps down into the crater, and roughly shoving Auriel aside, lays his hands on the prone figure and says "Let me concentrate for a minute..."

Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 1

And heals the creature of 1 Wound. Or removed his Incapacitation/Bleeding Out, if appropriate.

37 ISP

DM SBM, have our Bennies reset to 3 since we went back to home base?


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

Yes, the bennies have been reset.

Burgurk's power manages to stop the bleeding for the time being, though it will take time for this person to recover fully.

"Th..thank you...", manages to escape from the speaker on the helmet. "Who...who are you..with?"

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"Incorrect Assumption," the assault mech booms out as his weapon comes online with the figure. "You are not in a dominant position to make requests of us. You will answer our questions to our satisfaction or you will be terminated. Begin with your name rank and purpose to be in this current geological location."


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

The voice doesn't hesitate. "Corporal Harris, 3rd Legion, 1st Cavalry. Recon Patrol from Chillicothe. Followi....*cough cough* Following reports of aberrant Rift activity. The..they came out of nowhere..."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Auriel will disarm him and say "I'm taking these for now so you don't do anything foolish. We are not from the Coalition. We are those who care for innocents, regardless of origin. As of this moment, you should consider yourself a prisoner of war. We will insure that your wounds are treated, you are fed, and protected, and in exchange you will need to submit to us at this time. Do you have any questions?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

"Did anyone else in my unit survive? ", is all the soldier says. He doesn't resist when you take his weapons.

-Posted with Wayfinder


"It does not appear to be so, but we should probably do a search to make sure. How many people would we be looking for?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

The soldier shutters a bit, coughing before continuing. "My unit had eighteen in it, including myself."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Dug in

Jonis lets a tear out... so many dead...


"Okay, let's try and quickly account for 17 more people. Attie, you mind pulling security on our prisoner?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10

Burgurk joins in looking for 17 human bodies.

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

The assaultmech's death's-head swivels down and considers the prisoner. "Negative. I will accompany the search for residual enemy presence and assist to secure the perimeter. If any hostile forces remain, we need all firepower available at the point of contact. Additional security is lowest priority as there is, Atlas looks silently at the prisoner awhile, "a 97.8 probability of targeting Corporal Harris, 3rd Legion, 1st Cavalry with a mortal wound if he attempted to openly flee."

He gazes at Corporal Harris, 3rd Legion, 1st Cavalry silently a moment more before moving out and searching the battlefield.

Notice!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Notice Ace!!: 1d4 ⇒ 4
OH WHAT THE HELL???!!: 1d4 ⇒ 1 = 11, because reasons. =p
WILD Notice!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Human
Skills:
Fighting d4, Investigation d6. Knowledge: Arcana d6, Knowledge: Engineering d6, Knowledge: Science d6, Healing d4, Lockpicking d6, Notice d8+2, Persuasion d4, Repair d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Techno-Wizardry d10-1
Bennies: 5/4 Wounds 0 Toughness: 8 (4) Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Strain: 1 Power Points: 15/15 Active Gadgets: Speak Language: D-Bee 5/7 PP

Jazz wrinkles her nose at the soldier. She seems to be fighting the urge to spit on him. She puts the trauma kit away, letting Burgurk stabilize him, and seems resolved to not patch up the rest of his wouunds. Taking several deep breaths, she looks at the bodies surrounding her and tries real hard to empathize. Without realizing she'd ever opened it, she clicks her revolver holster closed and joins the search.

"So Xitkicx," she says over the comms. "Never seen one before this. Are they just bad news because of the numbers advantage, or...?" She awkwardly steps around the bug bodies, helping to count the humans.


"Very well then. I will stay here and guard him."

To Jazz' question, Auriel says "I have never heard of them before."


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

It takes you some time to account for Corporal Harris' squadmates, but you do. Most of them were kept intact by their armor, but some were not so lucky. A shredded arm here, a ripped off leg there. One was completely split in half. The bugs didn't fair all that well either. You count twenty seven of them in all. Though most of the soldiers' equipment is destroyed, you do manage to gather up enough did stuff for salvage when you get back to base.

Attie:
Your highly attuned sensors pick up nothing more than yourselves in the area and some local fauna. However you do note that the Xiticix remains have had their exoskeletons partially opened by some bladed object and you also note that there are blast burns in many places, but you saw no sign of this team carrying any explosives. The thing that stands out the most is that some of the soldiers' armor has laser and ion burns. None of the Xiticix weapons have such discharges..

-Posted with Wayfinder

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas picks up one severed arm and points to a blast mark on its dangling shoulder pauldron(That is SO a word F%~! YOU SPELL CHECKER!). "This wound has been dealt by a powerful laser-based weapon, but the insectoid creatures do not have such equipment in evidence. So too," he hold up the mangled carcass of a dead Xiticix. "This creature has either been partially vivisected, or has been killed by a potent melee attack, but the 3rd Legion, 1st Cavalry has not been shown to be capable of such attacks. Corporal Harris 3rd Legion, 1st Cavalry is withholding information from us, but it is not clear why he would bother."

Atlas stomps over to the prisoner.

"Corporal Harris, 3rd Legion, 1st Cavalry, there are large gaps of data as yet uncovered. Data points indicate to either a 3rd party, or a capability not yet discovered. You will give us a more clear picture of the battle now. Failure to do so will mark you as a spy and a threat."

His rail gun starts spinning up.

Intimidation!: 1d4 ⇒ 4
AGAIN WITH THIS NONSENSE!?!: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Apparantly You can accomplish more with a kind word and a shelleligh than you can with just a kind word.^_^
WILD Intimidation!: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Dug in

Jonis answers the question about the Xiticix.
"They are so aggressive. So devoid of emotion. And reason. They just keep coming and attacking, never trying to talk. Never answering for pleas of mercy or peace. And if able to hold on to a new terrain, they multiply, devouring everything..."


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

The young man visibly squirms in his armor, blatantly terrified of the giant metal killing machine questioning him. "I... I don't know. We were on patrol and sudden... *cough cough* suddenly the bugs came out of the sky and attacked. I don't know if anyone else was around, I was too busy... hiding..."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]
DM ShadowBloodmoon wrote:
I was too busy... hiding..."[/b]

*snicker* Good job. Well played. =)

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 4/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

The rail gun winds down and Atlas stares at the man in silence a moment longer, before he speaks.

"Initiate laughter protocol 137 error file not found," the assaultmech states for some reason before turning and walking away.

"Recommend we track where the Xiticix came from. A threat this serious should not be ignored."


"You are correct. We should also signal our ride to have them pick up our friend here. I'd hate to haul him into a battlefield with his arms and legs bound."

401 to 450 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.