Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sardaukar's Legacy of Fire

Game Master Sardaukar


4,651 to 4,700 of 7,133 << first < prev | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | next > last >>

Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

If there is any time left, I will sell my dagger +1 and use my remaining gold to make Haleen's rapier, buckler, and armor +1

Efreat nods at the wandmaker. "I will keep that in mind. I run a magical inport/export business in Kelmarane. Perhaps we will do business in the future."

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae will purchase the following

Cloak of Resistance +2 4000
3 potions CMW 900
2 potions of expedious retreat 150
1 potion of protection from evil 50

leaving him with 45 gp..who says mid level adventurers are rich..

Osirion

Thinking he is going to have to wait on the enchantment of his shield as he speaks with the armorsmith, Bahir reacts with a huge smile to Daumari's generosity, "By the light, you have always come through in times of darkness!" Continuing in a tone full of camaraderie, "Next time I'll pick up the tab."

Ready to continue with the next chapter :)


Rolls:

Cloak of Resistance +2 Availability (on 26-100): 1d100 ⇒ 8

Efreat: Haleen's Rapier and Buckler are already at +1. After you finish your Amulet of Natural Armor +1 for yourself, we will be restarting the next day. So I'll say you are just getting starting on her armor when we begin again.

Pae: Bahir just sold 2 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds, so I'll say he sold them to you, so the 3 Potions of CMW only cost 600 gp. You were unable to find a Cloak of Resistance +2 available, but there was sufficient time to have one commissioned. List updated.


The next eight days go by with barely any excitement in the city of Katapesh. Rayhan resumes his studies on the scroll while you find yourself able to take some much needed rest and relaxation, do some shopping in the big city, and take in some local entertainment. Well, all but Efreat who busies himself in creating and updating his equipment with magical enhancements.

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, Rayhan bounds down the stairs from his study with a broad smile across his face. "I think I solved the puzzle! Come quick. You should all be present when I give it a go!" As fast as he came down, which was pretty fast for a man reaching his age, he disappears back up the stairs.

Without much choice but to follow him as he has already left your sight, you head upstairs to his study. There you find him standing behind one of the tables which he is leaning over. Laid flat in the center of the table is the Scroll of Kakishon. He waves you over to the table. Looking up he says, "It's been right there in front of me this whole time. The activation is a simple combination lock." He waves his hand over the scroll and recites a short arcane phrase, a spell similar to that of Comprehend Languages. The rune currently visible on the scroll disappears and is replaced with that of a map of numerous islands complete with tiny little waves lapping upon the shores of these islands. "All you should need to do is touch the islands on the map in the correct order." He holds his finger over the map, gitty with excitement. "Are you ready?"

Link to image of the map shown on the scroll


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa crowds up, eager to see.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem stares at the Scroll, a look of unease on his face. "So, what you are saying is these islands are inside the scroll? Or do these islands exist on Golarion somewhere?"

Osirion

Bahir gives a questioning look, that is a lot of trouble to go through just to hide a map. After Hazreem's question he thinks to himself of course they are somewhere on Golarion, where else would they be? He however adds aloud, "Ready for what Rayhan? Is it a spell?"

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae looks dubious.."Is this safe?" he asks of rhe parties casters


As Hazreem and Bahir begin asking questions, Rayhan draws back a bit. "Not inside the scroll, but through the scroll." he says with emphasis. "The Wizard-King Nex created Kakishon on another plane of existence as his own little paradise. It is said that it exists in its own demiplane out between the outer planes. The magic it must have taken to accomplish such a feat..." He seems to shake his head at the thought. "This scroll merely acts as a portal between the material plane and this demiplane, just like a magical holding bag creates a portal to another dimension. By activating the scroll, the portal should open. Then you should be able to select on the map where you want to go and you are taken there. You are supposedly taken to the waypoint of the island that you select, or so the texts state from those you claim to have been there. They also state that to get back you simply need to walk onto the waypoint's pier and will yourself back by focusing on the scroll."

He looks back at the scroll, apparently eager to give it a try. "For our first test, I would like to see if I can even open the portal."

Osirion

With a still confused look as he imagines himself in a cramped bag of holding, "Oh, I see, just like a bag of holding...and why do we want to go there? I know we made a deal to accompany you but are you sure gallivanting around a, what did you call it,...demiplane is safe or a good idea?"

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"Ah so it's just a door really.."


Rayhan has a shocked and surprised look on his face at Bahir's question. "Why wouldn't you? This was the playland inhabited by one of Golarion's most powerful wizards! Think of the history and treasures left behind that have been lost for centuries! This is the crown jewel of my life's work!" You have ever seen Rayhan get this animated since he first realized that the scroll appeared to be authentic a couple of weeks ago.

Osirion

Bahir smiles despite himself at the man's enthusiasm, "Not to worry, if it's to go see wizardly wonders than I'll happily join you. It will be a welcome break from our recent adventures. I'm ready for your first test."


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa bounces a little on her feet with excitement.
"Bahir! Its a trip to Another Plane! How can you NOT be excited?"


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Daumari cannot help but smirk at the priestess' child-like excitement, but his voice remains as firm and direct as usual. "I must echo Bahir's concern. Otherworldly planes are common in the tales of this and surrounding lands, but a journey to one should not be taken lightly. Recall that Nex was a spellcaster of legendary might; what he saw as a paradise may hold untold dangers to those of lesser ability. We must proceed with caution."


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem nods in agreement with the inquisitor. "Aye, one thing for sure about this place, it will not hold to the same natural cycles of the seasons we are all used to." He shrugs, "I will do my best to be of help as a guide, but this will truly be uncharted territory for me."


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

Efreat rubs his hands together, "Well, we haven't been waiting all this time for nothing. Haleen and I will ready our things and be back."
small break to make sure Haleen and I are equipped with all our equipment. I'll have to work on her armor later


As Efreat and Haleen return, Rayhan has pulled out some of his notes and, while referencing these notes, starts to touch the islands in order. He reads the name of each island he touches out loud as he does so. Touching the top left he says, "Serpent Isles". Then the lower right saying, "Khosravi. Khandelwal" moving to the lower left. Then back to the right again in the middle with "Ismaizade." This is followed by "Aliskiren, Isles of Night, and Kakishon" consisting of the middle left, upper right, and finally the big island in the center. During this, Haleen turns back stating something about forgetting something.

As Rayhan touches the last island, the isle of Kakishon itself, smoke starts to curl up from the map and the smell of sulfur and burning leather quickly fills the air. Rayhan looks up, a look of panic on his face. It quickly becomes clear that something is wrong. A moment later, before you even have a chance to react, there is an incredible blast of fire and smoke that explodes from the map. Just before your vision is completely obscured, you noticed that Rayhan, who was leaning over the scroll, took the blunt of the explosion as he was thrown backwards.

With the sudden explosion of light and sound, your world becomes engulfed in fire. The ground itself seems to give way, and suddenly you are falling, falling through a vortex of fire, plummeting into the throat of a volcano. The pain tears through your flesh, yet still is strangely less overwhelming than what one might expect of a cataclysm this all-encompassing. A sense of vertigo overwhelms even the fire and noise, and the sensation of falling grows into a tempest of burning wind.

And then, in the flaming clouds and firestorm around you, shapes begin to emerge. Men and women made of fire and smoke, adorned with glittering jewelry and wielding scimitars made of fire, their faces twisted masks of glory and cruelty, rise up through the firestorm just as you are falling. Some of them seem to notice and mock you as you fall before they surge upward and out of sight. And then comes the last of them, a towering burning warrior with great horns and a cruel, curved sword. This immense figure notices you as well, and even takes the time to smile sardonically as he bows in mockery, as if thanking you for a service you provided. And then, with a flash, he is gone as well, trailing behind him a noxious plume of burning ash and searing cinders.

As suddenly as it begin, the vortex of fire is no more. For a moment, you can see nothing, hear nothing, feel nothing. But then, sensation slowly returns. The sound of waves crashing on a shore; the feel of a warm breeze and the grit of a bed of sand; the smell of salt air and strange exotic flowers. All of these and more fill the world. As your vision clears, you behold an idyllic tropical bay. Behind you rises a hilly junglescape rife with birdlife and snakes and strange flowers. Across a shallow inlet, more of the island rises, its slopes covered with jungle as well. Above, the sky is cloudless and blue while some distance down the beach stand a pier and a small stone hut, the only signs of civilization. Of the vortex of fire itself, there is no sign.

With your senses clearing, you realize that you are not alone. The other five members of your group also lay across the sandy beach, apparently in the same condition as you. But neither Rayhan nor Haleen seems to have traveled with you.

Link to picture of scene


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem struggles to his feet, somewhat alarmed at feeling the creak of his bones. Clearly planar travel is harder on the body than the wizards claims. He scans the beach area looking for any signs of flora and fauna familiar to him.

Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Survival 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Daumari groans as he lays still on the sand, squinting to protect his eyes from the bright sun. He lazily drapes an arm over his face to shield himself from the glare as he considers their situation. So much for treading carefully.

The inquisitor's mind drifts to the creatures and scenes witnessed as the group traveled to their new destination.

Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8; 11 to identify creatures
Knowledge (planes) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21; 24 to identify creatures
Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18; 21 to identify creatures


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa rolls dizzily to her feet, quickly looking around for those creatures.
"Was that normal for this magic? And those creatures..."
She shakes her head woozily, leaning on her staff.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae pushes himself up off the sand and brushes himself down.."Well that was....interesting..are we dead...or did Rayhan just betray us?"


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Daumari props himself up on his elbows. "Yes, Pae, we're all dead. This is Pharasma's Boneyard. Can't you tell?" The inquisitor's voice is hoarse, but still manages to drip with sarcasm.

Osirion

Bahir slowly sits up from where he lies in the sand and gives a start before seeing that Mah'ysa is already standing, albeit a bit shakily, not far away. "Are...are you alright Radiant One?"

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

His look turning to a frown, "Those were definitely not Sarenrae's blessed flames." Looking down the beach at the hut, "Well, at least there is some sign of civilization. Hopefully, there may be someone with answers there."


Hazreem: Being one of the desert, this jungle environment seems strange to you. But from your limited experiences with such things, everything here seems to be similar to that of which you would expect to find in the Inner Sea Region of Golarian including both the plants and animals. Even the sun overhead seems normal for the most part. As far as you can tell, you could be still in Golarian. Though definitely not in a region of Katapesh.

Daumari: The beings that you passed on the way down seems to resemble the likeness of Efreeti warriors, a group of genies from the plane of fire with the one in the back probably being their commander.

Mah'ysa: The trip you just took was not normal. The powerful magic used to create the portal from the scroll to where you are now has somehow gone awry. Something must have been damaged with the spell or scroll. You also sense an uneasiness about the world around you, as if what you see is not what it is.

Bahir: Nothing of what you just experienced or perceive now registers with any of your religious teachings.


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa looks at Bahir blankly for a moment. She cautiously pats herself.
"Oh. Yes. I am undamaged thank you! And you Sir Bahir?"
She grins suddenly.
"How is your new armor holding out? That explosion... Something went badly wrong with the portal; perhaps the spell or the scroll was damaged somehow. I am surprised we are as undamaged as we are. I can only hope Rayhan was deposited elsewhere also undamaged; he was very near the center of the explosion."


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Pulling himself into a sitting position, Daumari rests his arms on his knees. "I imagine those figures in the fire had something to do with the damage, Priestess. Efreeti, if I am not mistaken." The inquisitor climbs to his feet, shakes the sand from his robes, and checks to make sure his equipment is intact.

"I'm quickly growing tired of the manipulations of genie-kind. First the business that led us to the scroll, and now this."


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem grunts, "Lovely. So we are trapped here unless we can figure out a way out of here. At least the natural life here is not too far from what we see on Golarion..." He places a hand on Bahir's shoulder. "Not so fast, my friend. We have no idea who guards these beaches against intruders...especially if as Daumari suggests, the Efreeti arranged our arrival here."


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa sniffs the air with delight; then she reaches out her hand, and a frown steals across her face.
"It's... delightful. But I feel... something uneasy. Like what we SEE is not what it IS, if you know what I mean."
She looks around expectantly.


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Glancing at Hazreem as he does so, Daumari offers a shrug. "If this is a trap, set by Efreeti or another party entirely, then it would seem we have already fallen victim to it. The only sign of habitation seems like the logical place to begin seeking answers." The Inquisitor sets out toward the hut, his gaze wandering briefly toward the line of vegetation at the jungle's edge every dozen feet.

Osirion

Not what is? Taking her words very seriously Bahir closes his eyes and concentrates on his other senses trying to discern what the world around him truly is, Is this sand beneath my feet? The sounds of the ocean real? Is it really a cool breeze playing across my skin? Reaching deep within himself he calls upon all the times he was forced to meditate when his teachers, who were gravely disappointed with his focus or knowledge of the scriptures, reprimanded him.

Will save if one applies: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Wow, nice :)

Sure he wanted to listen but what they didn't realize was he tended to slip into daydreams very quickly about idyllic places much like this island and play with them in his head instead of coming to a deeper understanding of the holy texts. If they only knew...


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

"HALEEN!!!" Efreat whips himself up and draws his wand. "Haleen! Where are you?" Fire is ready to erupt as he scans around the beach. "Did any of you see Haleen?"

Taking a second to ponder what just happened and trying not to think of the horrors awaiting anyone left in the room with the Efreet.
know(arcana) and know(planes) (add 4 if involves geniekind)1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 131d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


As Bahir begins concentrating on his surrounding, Daumari begins walking towards the stone hut while Efreat begins panicking about Haleen's disappearance.

Efreat: With your knowledge of the plane of fire and the denizens that reside there, you recognize the Efreeti commander as the efreeti warlord Jhavhul who, according to legend, was imprisoned centuries ago in a world beyond the world. The name rings a bell from your reading of the book Courts of Stone and Flame. It describes Jhavhul as a shamed member of the Efreet nobility of the City of Brass, a famed location on the Plane of Fire. It suggests that he ventured to the Material Plane in search of an army and a legacy to raise his standing, during which time he and his armies warred against the Templars of the Five Winds, but that he was never seen in the City of Brass again.

Bahir: When Efreat tells you the name Jhavhul, the spirit of Vardishal within you seems to rise up, fear and anger coursing through your veins. It was in the battle against Jhavhul's army that Vardishal himself was slain outside of Kelmarane.

But before you get a chance to discuss further, your attention is immediately drawn to the shoreline where a giant red beast is surfacing in the water. Multiple, angry snake-like heads rise from a sleek, serpentine body. You count six heads, all facing your directions, with sharp fangs showing on each. It moves towards the shore, apparently intent on getting its supper.

Knowledge(Nature) DC15:
What you see before you is a hydra. You can severe a head and the rest continues to operate.

Knowledge(Nature) DC20:
If you slice off a head, it can regrow quickly and with more than one head where only one existed before. Burn the severed head with fire or acid to prevent the regrowth.

Creature Image

Init Rolls:

Bahir: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Pae: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Efreat: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Daumari: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Hazreem: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Mah'ysa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Sea Creature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Map Link

Round 1 - You all beat it on init, everyone is up!


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

"By Gozreh's teeth, a hydra! If you can burn it with fire or acid, you'll keep its heads from regenerating!"

Thinking quickly, he calls on his druidic powers and utters a quick prayer to Gozreh, pointing a finger at the huge beast. A wavering red ray projects from him, striking it.

Cast Heatstroke at it.
Ranged touch 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15; take 1d4 ⇒ 1 non lethal damage and become fatigued. It must make DC 19 Fort save or be exhausted instead.

Osirion

Not wanting to charge it in the water Bahir instead steps in front of Mah'ysa to shield her from the beast and readies his blade to slash at the first thing coming his way, wait...what?..heads...regenerating?

Scimitar slash: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (2) = 7


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Not knowing what to do about the creature, Mah'ysa decided to support Bahir. He seemed to know what he was doing.
She reaches out and touches him, enveloping him in a white aura.

> Touch of Good (Sp) -
Touch as standard act, granting a sacred bonus on attacks skill checks, ability checks and saves equal to half your cleric level (+3) for 1 round.


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

"As you say, Hazreem; may the Dawnflower's flames sear mine enemies." Dauamri produces his hammers from beneath his robes, one end of the weapon bursting into flames as the inquisitor begin spinning the weapon's ends.

Take up fortress-style stance. Activate judgement (protection, resiliency) class ability. Cast flames of the faithful on the non-defending end of my hammer.


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

Efreat's face twists in hate as he focuses his rage at the loss of Haleen at the beast. "Kree'zeal.......VEN'NAR!" At that, two balls of flame appear in the middle of the creature.
cast Ball Lightning with the bloodline power to change the energy type to fire (hence the ven'nar part). creates two 5' diameter spheres that last 1r/level and do 3d6 damage each (reflex save negates but creatures wearing metal armor take -4 to the save). it is a move action to direct all spheres and they fly at a rate of 20' per round. dc193d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) = 113d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) = 8


Rolls:

Hydra Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Fail
Hydra Reflex Save #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Succeed (includes Exhausted penalty)
Hydra Reflex Save #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Fail (includes Exhausted penalty)

Hazreem immediately shoots a ray of light from his outstretched finger, striking the mammoth beast. Suddenly it seems to labor to climb out of the water, noticeably slower in its actions.

As Daumari ignites one end of his hammer and begins spinning them defensively, Bahir moves up front with a support touch from the Cleric.

Then, two balls of flame appear directly in the creatures path. The giant sea creature manages to duck out of the way of the first one, but not before it moves right into the second one. (8 Fire Damage)

Pae is up!

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae goggles at the emerging Hydra then moves wide to get around it hoping for an opportunity to find an opening to dart in and deliver a telling blow..

He reckons if he can get to it's spine where the necks join then he can cripple it with a well placed thrust.


Rolls:

Attacks include exhaustion penalty.
Hydra Head #1 Bite Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Miss!
Hydra Head #2 Bite Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Miss!
Hydra Head #3 Bite Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Miss!
Hydra Head #4 Bite Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Miss!
Hydra Head #5 Bite Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Miss!
Hydra Head #6 Bite Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Miss!

Despite the sluggishness of the 6-headed beast, it still manages to make its way to the shoreline, moving towards the one who stepped up. The heads hiss as they start to reach out towards Bahir. The burn marks made by Efreat's fire balls already seeming to fade as it approaches. (Fast Healing)

As the first of the heads reach out to attack Bahir, he brings his frosted blade around to cut deep into the side of the head before blocking it with his shield. It reels back as the other five heads all seem to independently reach around and try to sink their fangs into the Paladin. But Bahir finds that none of them are able to get through his new magically enhanced armor and shield. Just a slight scratch of the new paint job as a fang scraps across steel plate.

If anyone wishes to target an individual head, you must be using a slashing weapon and step up to perform a sunder attack, rolling damage as normal.

And in case you are questioning the attack, it specifically states in the AP that all heads can attack, even when not a full-round action.

Round 2 - Everyone is up!

Map Link

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 52/52
Bahir 69/69
Daumari 66/66
Hazreem 74/74
Paellat 62/62
Efreat 59/59
NPCs:
None

Damage:
Hydra: 9 Lethal, 0 NonLethal, Exhausted. (Minor wounds)

Conditions in effect:
----------
Hazreem: Heatstroke (Hyrda exhausted, -6 Str, -6 Dex, half speed) - Ends Round 80
Daumari: Judgement (Protection, Resiliency)
Daumari: Flames of the Faithful - Ends Round 8
Efreat: Ball Lightning (Fire) - Ends Round 8

Osirion

Heeding Hazreem's previous warning and taking note of it's quick recovery from Efreat's fire Bahir steps up, let's see if it can regenerate a blade in the heart.

Scimitar strike: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (2) = 9

2nd Scimitar strike: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (6) = 13


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Keeping his eyes locked on the monstrosity before them, Daumari moves quickly along the hydra's left flank. Attempting to dodge any heads that strike out at him, the inquisitor darts through the surf and launches his hammer at the creature.

I'll move 30 feet (4 squares) directly NE from my current position and allocate the bonus from by defending head to AC.
+1 flaming burst adamantine meteor hammer 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 (20 if someone moves into flanking position before hand); Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire (plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 if flanking)

Modified AC 28, touch 18, flat-footed 23 (+3 Dex, +9 armor, +2 shield, +1 dodge, +1 deflection, +2 sacred); 32/22/23 against AoO.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem nods in satisfaction even as he draws his own scimitar and strikes at the body of the hydra. Hope we can drive it away with it being exhausted like it is.

Move 3 squares E, and 1 square NE.
AC is 20 for AoO; Acrobatic roll 1d20 ⇒ 20
Attack Scimitar 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30, 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 cold; total damage 7
Crit? 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20, 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 + 1d6 ⇒ 2 cold; Total Damage 9.

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae doesn't like deep water at the best off times and is certainly not going to risk drowning when his friends seem to have the situation well in hand.He gives encouragement from the sidelines.


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

Efreat waves his hand to have the ball lighting-fire cover the hydra again before throwing a green arrow at the beast while chanting "Mish'rah!"
Move action: move ball lighting to cover the hydra. dc19 negates3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3) = 133d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) = 9
Standard action: cast acid arrow at hydra (lasts 2 more rounds)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 192d4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 1 = 5


Rolls:

Hydra AoO on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Miss
Hydra Reflex Save #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Fail
Hydra Reflex Save #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Fail

Stepping up, Bahir goes for the beast's central region, cutting with his frosted blade deep into the creature's belly. (Damage: 21) Daumari charges out into the water, easily deflecting the beast's attack as he does so with his defensive hammer, and finds himself standing in knee-high water. Periodic crashing waves soak him up to the waist. (Any further is difficult terrain) He turns and thrusts the offensive end of his weapon out to strike the creature from behind. Unfortunately, none of his comrades moved into a flanking position with him, but his attack still hits. (AC is 16, Damage: 7)

Hazreem advances on the beast. In its exhausted state, it can't seem to muster up an attack as the druid gets near it. (Has Combat Reflexes, but exhausted reduced Dex too low. No AoO) He joins Bahir in slicing and dicing the beast up, cutting nearly clear across the sea serpent's body. (Damage: 16) As this happens, the fire balls descend on the multi-headed beast. The sea creature is in no state to dodge them and they both sear the hydra's scaly outsides. And to add insult to injury, acid strikes the open wounds, ensuring this creature won't be getting back up. (Damage: 27)

With the creature's innards spewing out of the two giant gashes in its belly, plus the fire and acid burning scales, it falls with a giant splash into the water. Each head laying limp, half covered in sea water, the waves crashing over it.

Out of Initiative


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Daumari lets the spinning of his hammers slow, the heads lazily wrapping themselves around the inquisitors torso as the weapon's magic fades. Looking almost disappointed, he trudges around the monstrous corpse back to the beach before glancing to Mah'ysa.

"It would seem my hesitation in coming here was unwarranted. Enjoy your planar wonderland, Priestess." He then begins striding toward the hut once more.

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"A guardian left by Nex..or a welcoming gift from the Efreeti?"

4,651 to 4,700 of 7,133 << first < prev | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomackulas's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.