Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Sardaukar's Legacy of Fire

Game Master Sardaukar


4,501 to 4,550 of 7,327 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

With the creature completely focused on the paladin, Pae comes up behind and rams his rapier clear through the Gargoyle's underside. A momentary screech is emitted from the flying beast before it's wings cease their movement and it drops like a rock to the ground at the halfling's feet.

Out of Initiative

With the threat over, the group returns to inspecting the room's contents and tending to their wounded. But a final search of the room revealed nothing of great value, and what is here is too bulky to make it worth your while to take with you.

Let me know if you want to do anything else in here, otherwise gain the XP and move on...

Moving on, Hazreem glides under the door to the west, revealing a long, 10-foot wide hallway. At the end is another door for which he does the same thing.

Repeating from earlier post...

You find yourself standing on a relatively small section of a worked stone floor that overlooks an immense sea cave. The moist and salty sea air is a stark contrast to where you just were. The roof here arches to nearly twenty feet above the surging waters below that rise and fall with the waves, a little more intense here than in that other chamber with the bridge. Narrow canals in the cave proceed to the northeast and southwest, the waves of water seemingly coming from the southern opening. Ahead of you on the small landing is another door.

But none of that is important right now as your attention is immediately drawn to a group of five strange creatures standing in the shallow parts of the water, gorging themselves on something. They turn to your presence, torn flesh and ooze hanging from their large toothy maws. They look like some kind of scaly humanoid or reptilian creature with its arms and legs ending in webbed claws, and a fish-like tail. As they turn, you get a view of what they are eating. Its the eyeless remains of the sea creature that nearly killed you trying to cross the bridge. They apparently don't like earth creatures as they grab what is left and start moving towards deeper water. One of them seems to be different than they others and he seems to be the one giving the others direction.

Map Link

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 44/44
Bahir 55/64
Daumari 59/59
Hazreem 57/57
Paellat 53/53
Efreat 53/53
NPCs:
Haleen 45/53
Zephyr Guard #1: 22/22
Zephyr Guard #2: 22/22

Damage:
Haleen's Rapier: 1/15
Gargoyle #1: 55 (Down)
Gargoyle #2: 49 (Down)
Gargoyle #3: 43 (Down)

Conditions in effect:
----------
Efreat: Mage Armor


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem waves the wounded party members over and takes out one of his healing wands, touching Bahir twice and Haleen once.

Rolls CLW #1 Bahir 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW #2 Bahir 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW #3 Haleen 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Reposting Hazreem's earlier post...

Knowledge Nature 1d20+12=22

Hazreem watches the sea creatures warily, but makes no overt hostile moves. I wonder if Father Jackal happens to be a sahuagin?

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae eyes the strange creatures warily but takes no agressive action unless they lkaunch an attack.

"I think that Father Jackal is most likely to be found beyond the bridge my friends."


As Hazreem watches, the reptilian sea creatures take their prey and disappear below the water line out in a deeper section of the water. All seems quiet with them gone, except the soft lapping of water as waves crash up onto the small shore.

Scarab Sages

In agreement with Pae and silently thankful that not everything here wants to tear his throat out, "These creatures aren't looking for a fight, lets go find this hidden temple."


Passing through the sea cave and the far door, leaving the sea monsters to their dinner, you pass down another short corridor before arriving in the room with the large conference table once again. Continuing further north, passing through the Rovagug worship chamber, you make your way back to the other sea cavern.

As you enter, movement catches your eye on the far side. You catch the glimpse of something hideous just before it disappears through the open doorway on the far side of the cavern. It's movement seemed... odd. It was some kind of humanoid creature, wrapped from head to toe in filthy bits of cloth. Sections were falling off revealing skeletal remains beneath. But it's gone now, and the slick bridge prevents an easy pursuit.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem mutters in his gravelly voice in the Terran tongue. "It looks like the Jackal is waiting for us."

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae is Osiriani,..I doubt he would need to make a knowledge roll for this if I did then please excuse the metagaming

Pae stops dead on the bridge as the figure shambles out off view.

"No.." he whispers ",,it cannot be..." his voice rises slightly.."I fear we face the occupant of thet empty sarcophagus we found earlier my friends..a mummy..one of my homelands less welcome contributions to the ranks of the living dead"


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I

Efreat looks at Pae, "Mummy? What works better against mummy? Fire? Acid? Force?"

Scarab Sages

With a concerned frown, "I hope steel works as well as any of those..." He motions the others to follow and we make are way carefully across to where the creature disappeared. He appears to expect an ambush from the water at any moment because of his frequent glances into the depths.


Re-reading Pae's character background, you would definitely know that mummies are most vulnerable to fire of any type. And in fact, you would have recognized the hieroglyphs covering the open sarcophagus in the other room as being Ancient Osirion in origin. That crypt belongs in the tomb of a minor lord from ancient times known as Nubkaura Inyotef the VII. He was known as the faithful father, which was somewhat of a mocking title as he was murdered by his own son. And upon seeing that, you would have also made the connection between it and the coffin upstairs that was propped up against the wall, the tangled bones inside violated and smeared with camel dung. That one belonged to Nubkaura Inyotef the VIII, his son, who was known for his habit of drinking the blood of his favored concubines, gave animals sentience just before sacrificing them to Rovagug, and murdering his father on the day he ascended to adulthood in order to take over the family's wealth and lands. According to mythical Osirion lore, being propped up like that in death with your remains mutilated as such would prevent the person from having peace in their afterlife.

Bahir motions everyone to follow him as he carefully makes his way across the slick bridge. Despite his expectations, nothing jumps out of the water at him and he makes it safety to the other side with everyone making it over behind him as well. The stone door to the southern corridor remains open, but no signs of any mummies are seen. On the right side of the corridor, the prison doorway remain ajar just as you left it. The southern door remains closed.

Pressing down the passage, all seems quiet. A quick inspection of the prison cells reveals no signs of any creatures, living or otherwise, but the smell in there is still repulsive enough that you'd never be able to tell by scent.

You now face the large stone door to the south. No visible lock is present on this door, only a latch and a handle to pull the door towards you. All seems deadly quiet on the far side. Only the sound of your own heartbeat throbbing do you hear.


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP56/67 | AC (29)21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9R9W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa clutches at her holy symbol, the ankh of Saranrae, at the news of a mummy walking about down here. She would have to have to find the faith to lay it to rest.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

The news there was a mummy working with Father Jackal was unwelcome, to say the least. Still, there could be nothing done about it. He turns to Pae, asking softly "Should I check the other side of the door? I suspect this door may be trapped."

Scarab Sages

Bahir will use 2 charges from his wand of cure light wounds to heal the last 2 hp damage on both himself and Haleen. Not taking any chances.

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae nods to Hazreem.."You go look see if thaeres a nasty surprise on the other side..I'll work on it from this side."

Pae sets to work on the door his mind dwelling a little on the mummies.."we're all a long way from home" he mutters to himself as he works.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Disable Device 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem nods and slips under the door frame to emerge on the other side.

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I

Efreat readies his wand and a spell. He nods as he is ready.


As Pae begins examining the door for traps, Hazreem glides through the floor to inspect the other side...

Hazreem:
You arise to find yourself pushing against some kind of heavy cloth. Lifting it and pushing it away, you throw back the black, gold-trimmed carpeting to reveal a large chamber. Doors that open inward lead off to the east and to the west, while a much larger pair of doors leads further south. There is no sign of any mummies, but in each corner of the room stands a statue of a jackal-faced man facing towards the center.

Suddenly, all four statues open their large, stony jaws and emit loud, piercing howls that echo throughout the chamber and are loud enough that anyone residing in the adjacent rooms should clearly hear their obnoxious screams.

Just as Pae has convinced himself that there is nothing abnormal about this door, in fact it is even unlocked, the entire party is greeted with the sounds of several loud and piercing howls coming from the room beyond the door. They seem to be almost rhythmic in their cries and don't sound natural.

Map Link (for Hazreem)

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"Well I think they know we are here" Pae says and pushes on the door which despite it's weight slides open without any real problem. The noise level increases appreciably.


The door swings open to reveal a large chamber. The floor is covered with a black, gold-trimmed carpet in the center of the room that has been been folded over at one corner. Standing upon it is your friendly-neighborhood earth elemental. Each corner of the room contains a statue of a jackal-faced man, it's stony jaw open and intense howling is coming from each. This loud and piercing unnatural screaming will make it very difficult to hear each other.

A pair of large stone doors continues off to the south while two smaller stone doors exit to the east and west.

See Map link above.

Scarab Sages

Bahir yells to the others over the howling, "I imagine the double doors are our best bet." He begins striding purposefully over to the double doors.

If everyone follows him and is in agreement he'll push them open.

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae gives a grimace as the wall of sound hits him but it does not seem to be damaging other than to his sense of good taste so he follows Bahir


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem decides since the element of surprise has been lost, he will take his place at rear guard to make sure the group is not ambushed.


Hazreem falls to the back of the pack as Bahir and the two Zephyr Guards move purposefully up to the double doors. They open easily outward revealing a relatively smaller foyer room that is well decorated with images of the rough beast hanging on tapestries upon the wall and lit by torches mounted to the walls. Another pair of double doors leads further south.

These doors open inward revealing a massive temple. The ceiling of this enormous room rises at least thirty feet high and is supported by a dozen stone pillars. The chamber is empty, save for an immense stone dais to the west upon which stands a huge and horrifying statue carved of black stone. The statue resembles a spider and a scorpion, but is neither. It is something unaccountably more horrifying to look upon. Two dozen sparkling pearl eyes glare out at you from the monstrous statue's face. To the west, the lower part of the wall is missing and the gaping hole disappears into the darkness, the numerous torches lighting the temple failing to illuminate this cavern, with an apparent cliff edge dropping down who knows how far. As the last of you leave the four jackal statue room, the howling ceases. Though your ears are still ringing from the piercing noise that they had produced.

Standing at the top step of the dais is a mere man, dwarfed by the massive statue above. Behind him stands a hideous humanoid wrapped in filthy linen, it's face that of decay and bone. Most likely the mummy you saw earlier. As the silence thankfully takes the room, the man, dressed in breastplate armor and with a battleaxe hanging from his waist along with several smaller axes, takes a step down and slowly moves towards you as he speaks in the common tongue in a loud, booming voice, gesturing with his hands as he speaks.

"Welcome! I am the one known as Father Jackal. Will you please accept my humble and most sincere apology for going to such lengths to acquire such a simple map, and my apologies for abducting your Rayhan. You forced my hand as there was no other way to get the map that I needed since you refused to sell it to me. But I have apparently underestimated your ability and determination as here you are, standing before me with barely a scratch on you. There is no need for further bloodshed here. Hopefully we can handle this like gentlemen."

The mummy behind him does not move and simply remains standing where he is as the jackal man takes another step or two.

Map Link

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae readies himself for the inevitable fight.

"if you have anything left in the fire line " he whispers to Efreat."use it on the mummy"


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I

Efreat nods at Pae. Smiling at Father Jackel, he casually enchants "Kree'nar."
cast flaming sphere on the mummy. range is medium so I should be good. DC: 163d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1) = 11


Mummy Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

As you continue to file in, the jackal man continues to yap as he walks the rest of the way down the steps of the dais. "Since you have effectively put an end to my guild..." A large ball of fire suddenly appears up near the stone statue, causing the mummy and his dry flesh and cloth to burst into flame. The undead creature's arms flail wildly as it tries to lumber itself away from the ball of flame. (Damage: 16) Father Jackal turns, looks at the burning mummy for a moment, then turns back towards you. He continues walking slowly towards you as he continues, "And you have basically forced me to leave this great city as a result. If you would agree to just walk away with your recused friend, I promise you that you'll never hear from me again."

The mummy, having momentarily escaped the fire and patting down any still burning spots starts awkwardly moving down the steps. It doesn't look to be in as bad of shape as you would have expected.

Let's just go into Initiative order at this point. Round 1 - You guys are up!

Map Link

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 44/44
Bahir 64/64
Daumari 59/59
Hazreem 57/57
Paellat 53/53
Efreat 53/53
NPCs:
Haleen 53/53
Zephyr Guard #1: 22/22
Zephyr Guard #2: 22/22

Damage:
Haleen's Rapier: 1/15
Mummy: 16 (Slightly Injured)

Conditions in effect:
----------
Efreat: Mage Armor
Efreat: Flaming Sphere -- Ends Round 6

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Holds back until Bahir engages Father Jackal then darts past the man to gain a flanking position.

Acrobatics1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Attack with flanking 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Damage if that hits(which I doubt)1d4 + 1 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (6, 3, 4, 3) = 19

Scarab Sages

With no visible indication of his usual easy-going smile upon his face Bahir responds to Father Jackal, "You have much more to answer for than just kidnapping and attempted theft. You can surrender to us and Zephyr Guard and live...or face Sarenrae's wrath. Dead or alive your coming with me."

Bahir uses a standard action to use smite evil on Father Jackal (last one for the day) and advances 20' feet toward him.

Spoiler:
I couldn't help myself as I just rewatched the movie. Yes, that is a Robocop quote ;)


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem realizes Efreat is low on his magical energy and knows he will need help. He is not the only one who has the ability to command fire...

He intones a short gravelly prayer to Gozreh in the terran tongue and then his stony elemental eyes start to glow with a reddish heat.

Cast Burning Gaze.


Bahir advances towards Father Jackal as he pronounces his ultimatum. As he does so, the Jackal man's eyes appears to glow, his gaze seems to drill into the Paladin as he gets close.

Bahir, make a Will Save DC17, as well as anyone else who moves towards him. Pae, since Bahir didn't attack, and you couldn't have reached him this round and attacked anyways (unless you charged straight towards him and even then with a 20 base speed...), so we can save those rolls for next round. But in order to do it next round, you would need to stay close to the Paladin such that you would fall into this eye gaze range as well.

On Will Save Failure:
You suddenly become very tired, unable to keep your eyes open. The desire to lay down and pass out is too much and you pull up a floor.

Mah'ysa and Efreat are up!

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Rogue 11

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Pae suddenly feels a great burden fall on his mind and slides to the floor asleep


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I

Efreat puts on a grim face moving the ball of flame onto the mummy again and firing his wand at the mummy as well.
move action: move sphere of fire onto the mummy, dc163d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) = 12standard action: use wand of magic missiles on mummy2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7


Mummy Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Clearly too slow to avoid the rolling ball of fire as it tumbles down the steps after it, the mummy is once again lit ablaze just before being struck twice with force blasts. (Total Damage: 25)

Mah'ysa is up. If anyone wants to declare Daumari's action, feel free. Otherwise I'll NPC him along with Haleen and the guards.

Still need a Will Save from Bahir.


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP56/67 | AC (29)21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9R9W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa will approach along with Bahir. [Defensive stance]
Will save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 (+2 if Enchantment)


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP56/67 | AC (29)21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9R9W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Her attention is split between the priest and the mummy, both of whom are to be dealt with; but she decides Bahir is capable of seeing to the priest and she turns her attention to the mummy. When she gets within 30 feet, she raises the holy Ankh of Saranrae and proclaims "Blessings of the Sun be upon you!" A blaze of sunlight bursts from it...
She channels to harm undead: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) + 6 = 15 positive energy damage. Undead get a Will save DC14 for half damage, but don't get to use their channel resistance with their saves (Blessings of the Sun).


Mah'ysa: It would take a double move to get within 30 feet. You are currently about 90 feet from the mummy. I will assume you move 30 to end up next to Bahir, then ready an action to channel when the mummy gets within range (which it will).

I will post later tonight.


Rolls:

Bahir Will Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Fail!
Zephyr Guard #1 Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Succeed
Zephyr Guard #2 Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Fail!
Haleen Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Fail!
Mummy Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Succeed

As Father Jackal slowly moves towards you, Bahir and Mah'ysa, along with the two Zephyr Guards, advance towards him. Bahir announces his ultimatum as the guards draw the scimitars. "You will come... with..." The guard stops mid-sentence as Father Jackal's eye appear to glow. He lays down upon the floor along with Bahir and the halfling rogue who followed behind. Only Mah'ysa and the other guard of those who advanced have managed to ward off whatever spell the Jackal man has put on them.

Haleen tries to work her way around to the north, but Father Jackal turns his head and she collapses on the floor as well. Daumari stays back and instead says a quick prayer. Both ends of his hammer burst into flames as he begins to spin them threateningly. (Cast Flames of the Faithful)

The Mummy lumbers forwards with much quicker speed now that its off the steps, moving away from the ball of fire. Smoke rises from his burnt corpse from still smoldering embers. (Double Move 40ft) Mah'ysa draws upon her powers from the Dawnflower and sends a powerful wave of positive energy out among the group, but not for healing. This wave washes over the approaching undead, but it seems to hold on against the blunt of the blast. (Damage: 7)

As the Mummy moves in front of Father Jackal, he steps back a few feet, a wry smile upon his face. But his face begins contorting, his whole body seemingly going through some kind of metamorphosis right before your eyes. Thick hair grows on his arms, his hands turn into claws, his feet and ankles twist and contort. His face elongates into a bestial maw. As he does this, he lets out a high-pitched howl. The scream ends when his transformation does, now a cross between a man and a jackal. He grabs his battle axe and readies for combat.

But a new threat draws your attention. Clicking and scraping sounds are now heard coming from the giant hole in the western chamber wall. The sounds are coming from down below the cliff edge. The hideous sound is like nothing you have ever heard before, sending chills down your spine.

Map Link

Round 2 -- Mah'ysa, Hazreem, and Efreat are up! Bahir and Pae are sleeping.

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 44/44
Bahir 64/64
Daumari 59/59
Hazreem 57/57
Paellat 53/53
Efreat 53/53
NPCs:
Haleen 53/53
Zephyr Guard #1: 22/22
Zephyr Guard #2: 22/22

Damage:
Haleen's Rapier: 1/15
Mummy: 48 (Severely Injured)

Conditions in effect:
----------
Efreat: Mage Armor
Efreat: Flaming Sphere -- Ends Round 6
Hazreem: Burning Gaze -- Ends Round 7
Bahir: Smite Evil (Father Jackal)
Bahir: Sleep -- Ends Rounds 30
Paellat: Sleep -- Ends Round 30
Haleen: Sleep -- Ends Rounds 30
Zephyr Guard #1: Sleep -- Ends Round 30
Daumari: Flames of the Faithful -- Ends Round 7


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Uh oh...this just took a turn for the worse...memo to players: DO NOT let the DM roll your saves!

Hazreem grits his stony jaws as he watches nearly half of the party succumb to the fell sorcery.

I hope everyone has made their peace with whoever deity they worship, as I have a feeling we will ALL be meeting our Judge soon...

He advances resolutely towards the mummy Move 20' SE and levels his own gaze at the mummy.

Burning Gaze, Mummy Fort save DC 18 or take 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire damage and must make Reflex DC 18 or catch fire.


Mummy Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Mummy Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Hazreem moves up to get the Mummy within range of his burning gaze, but stays far enough away to be out of the Jackal's own gaze. He gives the Mummy the eye, his own elemental eye sockets glowing with flame. What little remains of the creature's rotten flesh bursts into flame and quickly spreads. (Damage: 9) It remains standing, engulfed in fire, though it seems like it should collapse in a fiery heap any second.


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I

Efreat puts all of his focus in moving the sphere onto the mummy.
move and standard action to move the flaming sphere onto the mummy. dc 163d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) = 10


Mummy Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Efreat remains near the doorway as he focuses all his attention on the rolling ball of fire causing it to pursue the walking dead. Already on fire from Hazreem's fiery gaze, the sphere of fire rolls into the back of the mummy, knocking it to the ground and smothering it by rolling on top. The smell of crispy flesh permeates the chamber. (Damage: 15, Mummy down)

With the undead threat neutralized, the Zephyr guard still awake rushes the 15 feet over to his fallen comrade and kneels down before him. He begins shaking the man, "Get up! Get up!" The sleeping guard seems to stir and his eyes open.

Mah'ysa is up!


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP56/67 | AC (29)21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9R9W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa sprints over to Bahir,
acrobatic tumbling if any AoO threats appear (Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30), and swings her staff against the bottom of Bahir's feet.
"Bahir! Awaken!" She commands in her best High Priestess voice.


With a whack of her quarterstaff, Bahir is jarred awake! "Bahir! Awaken!" yells the priestess as she looks down at the Paladin sleeping on the job. (Bahir, you can act next round, but you start prone)

Not wanting to risk falling to the jackal's spell, and concerned about what is coming up from the depths below, Daumari turns towards the opening in the room, preparing himself for whatever is going to come up from there. He says another quick prayer to ready himself. (Cast Shield of Faith) He shifts into a defensive posture with his flaming hammers.

Father Jackal hops backwards on his bestial like legs as he reaches into a sack hanging from his waist. He draws out a ball of fuzz and lobs it towards you.

Bag of Tricks: 1d100 ⇒ 35
Ranged Touch Attack for throw (anything but nat-1): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

As the ball sails through the air, it quickly grows in size and shape. When it lands on the ground, it has expanded into a huge creature. A ferocious lion stands before Mah'ysa, one of the Zephyr Guards, and the prone Bahir. It lets out a bone-chilling roar, threatening them with its large claws and sharp teeth.

The scraping sounds from below get louder and your attention is brought to the cliff edge as several strange tentacles reach up and over the edge. They pull a hideous and unnatural creature above the floor and into sight, with a strange bestial skull surrounded in a green gelatinous circular mold. Numerous tentacles sprout from its base, some holding the strange creature in the air, some waving in the air as if seeking out its next meal.

Creature Image

I will add Knowledge checks and additional information later tonight.

Round 3 - Everyone but Pae is up, who is still sleeping.

Map Link

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 44/44
Bahir 64/64
Daumari 59/59
Hazreem 57/57
Paellat 53/53
Efreat 53/53
NPCs:
Haleen 53/53
Zephyr Guard #1: 22/22
Zephyr Guard #2: 22/22

Damage:
Haleen's Rapier: 1/15
Mummy: 72 (Burnt to a crisp)

Conditions in effect:
----------
Efreat: Mage Armor
Efreat: Flaming Sphere -- Ends Round 6
Hazreem: Burning Gaze -- Ends Round 7
Bahir: Smite Evil (Father Jackal)
Bahir: Prone
Paellat: Sleep -- Ends Round 30
Haleen: Sleep -- Ends Rounds 30
Daumari: Flames of the Faithful -- Ends Round 7
Daumari: Shield of Faith (+3 deflection to AC) -- Ends Round 71
Zephyr Guard #2: Prone
Father Jackal: Bag of Tricks (Lion) -- Ends Round 101

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Ah I love it when a plan falls apart


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP56/67 | AC (29)21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9R9W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa swings her staff against the bottom of Pae's feet.
"Paellat! Awaken!" She commands in her best High Priestess voice.
Then she prudently backflips over to Haleen's side in an Acrobatic tumble.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Scarab Sages

Male Halfling Rogue 11

would have been funnier if you had shout 'wake up fool'

Pae rolls away from a potential AoO and bounces to his feet

Acrobatics to move away to a safer area.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I

Efreat waves his hand and the ball of flame engulf the lion and he fires his wand at the creature that just climbed over the ledge.
move: move ball of flame, dc 163d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 5) = 12standard: use wand of magic missile at the new threat2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem steps closer to the lion 5' step SE and swings a stony appendage at the unnatural beast.

Attack Slam 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16; Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Now that I have the book in front of me...

Lashing furiously, this semi-gelatinous abomination surges up from the depths below upon a wave of tentacular legs. These artery-like legs knot into a single stalk capped by a bulbous, fleshy head dominated by a huge mouth and a yawning, empty eyesocket. The thing's disgusting truck and head float within a transparent body of vein-riddled ooze, like a gigantic jellyfish.

Knowledge (Religion) DC24:
Being surrounded by images and cultist of Rovagug for the past month has really brought your past teachings about the god of destruction to the forefront of your mind. In your studies about the Rough Beast, you learned about the grotesque expulsions from the imprisoned god himself, repulsive egg sacks that are flung forth. While most of these so-called "Rough Seeds" are crushed or consumed by the raging god himself, some do make their way to the surface and generally fall upon the scarred wasteland surrounding the infamous Pit of Gormuz, an area found in the Brazen Peaks. And even then, most of these seeds never hatch, being simply buried or else shrivel and rot away from exposure to the harsh environment. But sometimes these leaking black egg clusters reach another fate, either through luck or by the attention from the cult of Rovagug they are carried away.

Worshipers of the Rough Beast claim that these Rough Seeds bear within them the embryos of undeveloped Spawns of Rovagug and those that do manage to hatch undergo a grotesque metamorphosis and feed upon the life force of destructive beings nearby. What you see before you must be one of these hatched rough seeds, who will feast upon the flesh off all things living. But not just your flesh, but your very essence, fundamentally destroying the being's soul. And once it has consumed its meal, the vague writings suggest, it will retreat and cocoon itself, emerging days later even larger and more powerful than before. Eventually, it may even become a full fledged Spawn of Rovagug.

Knowledge (Religion) DC29:
Beware the transparent ooze. It is the digestive fluid of the creature. It will grab you with its powerful tentancles and draw you inside its gelatinous body, eating you alive. It is also known to spit this acidic fluid at range to weaken its prey.

4,501 to 4,550 of 7,327 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomackulas's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.