Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sardaukar's Legacy of Fire

Game Master Sardaukar


4,401 to 4,450 of 7,116 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>
Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae can do nothing but watch as his friends battle for their lives.

Save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Suddenly though he finds himself able to move again and he dashes over towards where Daumari stands


As Pae finally manages to wrestle control of his own mind back, Bahir slices into the beast twice despite being held by the creature. He nearly decapitates the eyes and slices off the pincer holding him. What's left splashes back into the water, the claw releasing its grip on the Paladin's arm. Slowly the remains of the thing sinks into the water and starts floating away.

Out of Initiative.

Efreat comes to his senses first and slowly, over the next half minute, everyone vision would return...

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 44/44
Bahir 64/64
Daumari 57/59
Hazreem 35/57
Paellat 53/53
Efreat 53/53
NPCs:
Haleen 53/53

Damage:
Haleen's Rapier: 1/15
Sea Creature: 121 (Down)

Conditions in effect:
----------
Efreat: Mage Armor
Efreat: Blinded -- Ends Round 11
Efreat: Stunned -- Ends Round 5
Bahir: Protection From Evil (From Evil: +2 deflection to AC, +2 resistance to Saves, second save +2 against mental control, no bodily contact from summoned) -- Ends Round 44
Bahir: Grappled
Mah'ysa: Protection From Evil (From Evil: +2 deflection to AC, +2 resistance to Saves, second save +2 against mental control, no bodily contact from summoned) -- Ends Round 46
Mah'ysa: Bless (+1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects) -- Ends Round 13
Paellat: Expeditious Retreat (+30 land speed) -- Ends Round 8
Paellat: Paralyzed -- Ends Round 12
Hazreem: Dazzled -- Ends Round 8
Hazreem: Ball Lightning -- Ends Round 8
Daumari: Blinded -- Ends Round 8
Haleen: Blinded -- Ends Round 8

Osirion

Wow! That was ugly!

Taking a moment to catch his breath Bahir watches the remains slowly sink out of sight. Turning he slogs slowly out of the water and glances over everyone to make sure they are alright. When he gets to Hazreem and sees the frost burns across his rocky hide the paladin shivers involuntarily in sympathy. Taking out his wand of cure light wounds he heals the druid until he is fully recovered.

Cure light wounds from wand: 5d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 6, 2, 7) + 5 = 25

Heals Daumari his 2 hitpoints damage with the wand too. Not messing around here. We are seriously tapped as far as daily abilities.

After seeing that everyone is fully recovered he turns to Pae with a tired smile, "About that rope..."


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem puts away his own healing wand and nods in thanks. "Thanks, Bahir. I thought the creature would have finished us!"

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"Gods above and below I thought we were goners there" Pae exclaims


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

Efreat grabs his head, "For some reason, I had visions of pom-poms.....or something. Where to now?"


You no longer notice the glowing sword in the water that continues to swell with the waves, which appears to be coming from the narrow opening to the southwest. The room fills with the sloshing sound as the water crests the rocky shore and against the wooden bridge. No other sounds, other than the noises you make, fill this chamber.


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem says in his gravelly voice "We must be getting close to Father Jackal's lair now. Pae should check that bridge out to make sure it is not trapped, then we should get moving."

Osirion

"I think he did that by running back and forth across it already."

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae has to laugh at Hazreems comment and Bahir's answer.."Aye mayhap I did..but I'm a sight lighter than either off you two..or even Mah'ysa in her armour so let me make sure while she makes sure you are fully fit to continue.."

Perception on bridge1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Other than the bridge being rather slick from the buildup of the sea water splashing over it, it seems otherwise in good enough shape to be able to support the heaviest party member among you. You find no traps, other than the deep water beneath it.

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"It seems safe enough..just remember to keep a hold off the rope then give me time to retrieve it when we are all across.


Fast forward...

With careful footing and patience, everyone slowly makes it across without incident and Pae is able to retrieve the rope used. Everyone is now on the far side of the bridge.

Protection from Evil spells are on the verge of expiring...


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem holds up his stony hand, "Let me see what is on the other side of this door."

Earth Glide under the southern door.
Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
He will report back to the others what he sees.


The earth elemental disappears once again through the ground below...

Hazreem: You rise up on the other side of the stone door to find yourself in another 10-foot wide corridor. But this corridor is different than what you've seen so far. The walls and floor here are made from smooth, finished stone instead of the rough, carved out rock. The passage runs for about 60 feet where it ends in another large stone door that appears to open inwards. About 40 feet down on the right, a smaller stone door rests in the wall that appears to open away. Several lit torches are mounted to each side of the wall providing ample lighting. All seems quiet in here, except the rough scraping noises your rocky feet are making on the floor.

Map Link


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem slips back under the door and issues his report. Once completed he adds, "I want to see if Rayhan is being held behind one of the doors." He waits for the others to give their OK before heading off again.

Osirion

Bahir nods at Hazreem's suggestion but opens the door to the hallway and moves down to the first door as the elemental searches.


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem moves down the corridor to the side door and puts his stony face up to it.

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20


But the door does not open for Bahir and he cannot enter.

Hazreem: Poking your head through the side door, you see a small 10x10 room with another stone door on the other side. Both doors contain visible locks on them, the far door appearing to open inward towards this room. A stone bench runs along the northern and southern walls.


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem melds through the stone and emerges on the other side. He moves to the other door and listens again...

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Whoops, I guess you only put your face "up to it", not through it. :)

Entering the small room, you listen at the other door. But all is quiet.


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem slides under the door and emerges on the other side looking around him.


Hazreem: You emerge to find yourself standing in a chamber nearly 30 feet by 30 feet but with a low ceiling of about 10 feet high. Torches line the walls illuminating three large steel cages, one to your left, one to your right, and one across from you. The two on each side of you are empty, but a bald man sits inside the third. His head raises as you appear and you recognize the familiar face of the wizard Rayhan. He rises quickly with your appearance and begins backing up towards the far wall, a look of panic on his face. He is wearing his night gown that appears to have a few tears in it and his face looks as if he gave a good fight. "What do you want?" he pleads as he reaches the back of his prison. A large and sturdy looking lock on the door in the metal bars seals the man inside.

Map Link


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem sighs in relief as the object of their search is located. He puts up his stony arm in a gesture of non-agression. "Rayhan, this is Hazreem one of your guests at your villa. My friends and I came to rescue you. Are you injured?"


The rock creature raises it arms and begins making strange grinding and vibration sounds. Rayhan simply stares at it, his panic not abated.


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem sighs in frustration as he realizes Rayhan cannot understand the Terran tongue. And he calls himself a scholar...

He decides to resort to a more primitive form of communication. He scratches in the dirt floor...I am Hazreem...we are here to rescue you.

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae steps up to examine the door

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

If he can he will unlock it.

Disable Device 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29


As the group waits for Hazreem to return with further word about what is on the other side, Pae gets to work examining the stone door. It's a solid door without any noticeable traps, but the lock just doesn't give. It appears as if some kind of magic is holding this lock closed.

And this is what I get for being in a hurry and not referencing the book last night before posting... :)

Hazreem: Correction to the description of the room... Instead of metal cages above the floor, one with Rayhan in it, there are three metal grates on the floor that form cages that go down only about 4 feet into the floor. Rayhan is located under the back grate. Each grate is locked with a thick iron chain and the odor emanating from each pit is horrid. Looking inside, you see Rayhan laying on the ground, unable to stand up. The cage is caked with filth and has at least 2 inches of seawater in it. Rayhan looks to be in sorry shape, his hands bound to his feet and his mouth gagged. He looks up in panic as a rock monster stares down at him, a slight shiver is apparent in his body.

Sorry about that... I shouldn't rely on my flawed memory.


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

DM Sardaukar, your post has seemed to have vanished. Glad I checked your profile, he he...anyway revised actions coming up...I also copied the post here for the others to reference as well.

Missing post:

As the group waits for Hazreem to return with further word about what is on the other side, Pae gets to work examining the stone door. It's a solid door without any noticeable traps, but the lock just doesn't give. It appears as if some kind of magic is holding this lock closed.

And this is what I get for being in a hurry and not referencing the book last night before posting... :)

Hazreem: Correction to the description of the room... Instead of metal cages above the floor, one with Rayhan in it, there are three metal grates on the floor that form cages that go down only about 4 feet into the floor. Rayhan is located under the back grate. Each grate is locked with a thick iron chain and the odor emanating from each pit is horrid. Looking inside, you see Rayhan laying on the ground, unable to stand up. The cage is caked with filth and has at least 2 inches of seawater in it. Rayhan looks to be in sorry shape, his hands bound to his feet and his mouth gagged. He looks up in panic as a rock monster stares down at him, a slight shiver is apparent in his body.

Sorry about that... I shouldn't rely on my flawed memory.

Hazreem stares at Rayhan wondering how he will free their erstwhile host. Then inspiration strikes....He pantomines his name 'Hazreem' and 'rescue' (hoping Rayhan recognizes him) while motioning to the top of the grate.

Basically, Hazreem wants to Earth Glide next to Rayhan and cast Gaseous Form on Rayhan, assuming he is willing. If hazreem is not able to communicate this to Rayhan, he will return to the others and inform them what he found.

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"It's Magically locked my Friends and beyond my skill.."


That's strange, where did it go? It didn't show up in my RSS feed either. Though it is still in my copy buffer from last night.

Hazreem: The metal of the in-ground cage will prevent your earth glide. Fear shows in the eyes of Rayhan as he glances up at the rock monster looking down at him. Then this rock monster starts doing some kind of performance art. The fear slowly fades away and curiosity takes over. He slowly tries to sit up, but it seems to pain him to do so and his hands are bound to his feet and he falls back over with a small splash. He cranes his neck. He may not fully understand what it being said, but he obviously gets enough to get the gist. He hand looks like that of an old man now, his skin color seemingly lost. He is still wearing his sleeping gown from when he went to bed earlier this night but it is now completely covered with muck and torn in several places.

Osirion

Giving the door a long hard look while sliding Vardishal back into its sheath Bahir then takes his cold iron heavy mace off his belt and hefts it, "It looks pretty solid. I don't know if I could bash through it. Anyone else have any ideas?"

Wielding the mace 2-handed Bahir can do 1d8+3 against the doors hardness of 8. It'll be long and slow. Daumari has a heavy mace too (except its magical) and can do 1d8+4. If we get bull strengthened again that goes up to 1d8+6 and 1d8+7 respectively.

Also, Daumari has a single dispel magic left. I think that might be our best option.


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

OK since Hazreem cannot reach Rayhan, time for Plan B...GET HELP

Hazreem motions to Rayhan "I will return with the others." before he heads back to the group telling them he found Rayhan. When he is told of the door, he will first try to unlock it from the other side. If that does not work he will Bash the door in.


Slipping back through the floor, Hazreem attempts to open the door from the other side. But its no use, the door will not open.

With Hazreem attempting to bash the door in from inside, and Bahir trying to bash the door in from the outside, Daumari steps up and utilizes his only 3rd level spell of the day. Drawing on the Dawnflower's divine energy, the inquisitor targets the door to remove the magical lock holding the door closed.

Dispel Check (DC18): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Suddenly the stone door flies open, banging into the wall behind, as a large earth elemental pushes through the doorway.

With the door open, the party is able to advance down the hallway and stop by the door to the right. A quality, mechanical lock is clearly visible on this door. No such lock is present on the door at the end of the hallway.


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem points to the door on the right. "Rayhan is in there."

Osirion

Somewhat surprised by Hazreem's abrupt appearance through the opening door Bahir raises his mace and shield as he takes a step back. Upon realizing he isn't a threat Bahir just as quickly he lowers his weapon and follows the elemental to the door on the right. Glancing at the lock he then looks to Pae, "Without magical trickery to aid it, I am sure this one will fall to your skills."

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"Patience my tall friend..this is something that cannot be rushed"

Take 20 for a total off 34


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

Efreat follows behind the group, "Sorry I could not help with the door. My abilities are somewhat exhausted at this point."


Fast Forward...

As the rest of the party takes up defensive positions protecting against potential threats from the north or south, Pae gets to work on the door. Its a good lock and it takes the halfling several minutes to pop it, but eventually his work pays off and the door opens. But what do you find inside? Another locked door. This one seems equally difficult and it takes all of the rogue's skills to pop this lock as well.

With the second door open, you are able to walk into the chamber containing the in-ground prison cells. The stench coming up from the foul water in the pits is horrific. Hazreem leads you to the back grate in the floor and points out Rayhan laying in the muck below, shivering with his hands bound to his ankles and his mouth gagged with cloth. He glances up at the sound of your voices and begins making muffled cries for help.

Pae immediately gets to work on the lock securing the thick iron chains on the grate. This lock isn't any easier and about 10 minutes after Daumari opened the original magically sealed door, Pae is able to remove the chain securing access to the in-ground cage... (All locks were DC30)

In all this time, no threats materialized behind you.


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Assuming the others inform Rayhan who Hazreem is...

Hazreem waits until Pae gives the all-clear before he climbs down to the bottom. First thing he does is cut the bonds loose from Rayhan then helps him out of the cell. Motioning to the waiting room outside, "Let's get him out of this room, I need to examine him."

Once the sage is laid on one of the stone benches, Hazreem looks him over with a practiced eye.

Heal check on Rayhan. He will take 10; total 26 (if possible). If he is injured, Hazreem will use one of the CLW wands on him to heal him to full HP.

Rolls:
Heal 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Charge #1 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Charge #2 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Charge #3 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Charge #4 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Heh...so he took 10 anyway, he he.


Ummm... Wand of CLW only does 1d8+1, not 1d8+7. So total healing is only 25. (Can you even use a wand while polymorphed since your gear morphs with you?)

As you remove the gag from his mouth, "Oh, thank the Gods. Get me away from this forsaken place!" Hazreem examines the man once he has been removed from the pit. He is clearly suffering from mild hypothermia (Strength severely reduced) and he is bordering on the edge of unconsciousness. Taking a healing wand in his rocky hand, he administers four charges of its magical goodness. Most of his injuries heal up quickly as he weakly tries to get to his feet. (Only down 2 HPs now, but strength is still down.)

"Let's leave this nightmare world. Are you guys okay?" he says as he looks around at the rest of you.


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

AFAIK, it is only gear worn that gets merged into his form, not gear carried.

Hazreem holds his stonly hand up and starts chanting in his gravelly voice. after a few moments he touches Rayhan and the sage feels somewhat stronger.

Cast Lesser Restoration on Rayhan. 1d4 ⇒ 2 STR recovered.

"Where to now? Do we confront Father Jackal now, or just get out of here?"

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"I say leave...we've stirred up enough off a hornets nest already"


Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

"Well, I believe we have enough proof to show Father Jackal's involvement in Rayhan's kidnapping. I am just concerned about the Jackal taking revenge on Rayhan in the future."


"Thanks," Rahyan says to Hazreem after he casts his restoration spell, "I feel a little better." (His strength is still down a little)

Trying to clean some of the muck from himself, Rayhan glances up at the mention of confronting Father Jackal. "I'd gladly help, but they took my spellbook and stuff, so I don't know how useful I'd be."


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

"I vote we retreat and notify the authorities of this location. Let them do some of the work on this one. My wand and my own power are almost completely exhausted."

Osirion

Bahir nods his head in agreement, "Yes, I'll be returning here with the guard once we have Rayhan to safety."

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"I'm all for getting our host back safe to his house..shall we go?"


Helping Rayhan who still seems a little weakened, you head back the way you came, taking your time once again to cross the slippery bridge. The smell in the worship room of Rovagug is awful with all the corpses and foul creatures as you pass through.

Reaching the room with the conference table, you notice the blood stains on the table and chair, but the injured thug is no longer there. Then down the long corridors to reach the spiral staircase back up. No incidents occur during your return journey.

Pushing the trap door up, lamp light from the room above fills your senses followed by the image of a man standing there. A look of shock on this man's face as he drops back and yells, "Guards!" As you climb out of the hole and into the room, two of the Pactmaster Zephyr Guards charge into the room, their faces shrouded from view with only their eyes visible, their scimitars at the ready. They hold an aggressive, threatening stance as the other man, a low-level member of the church of Abadar from the look of it, ducks out of the room.

Moments later, as you are trying to diffuse the situation, a familiar face walks into the small room. The beautiful Kazim, the cleric of Abadar who attended the dinner party mere hours earlier. She looks upon you with the expression of authority. "Good, there you are. I hope you have found something useful as everything seems to be in order up here." Turning her head towards one of the guards, "Return to your duties, I am in no harm here." With a quick bow of their heads, the two guards turn and exit the room.

With the guards gone, the rest of your party climbs up out of the trap door. Kazim quickly moves to help Rayhan when she sees his head come up through the floor. "You found him! And what of the rest of the One Source?"

Osirion

Using the best of his diplomatic skills to diffuse the situation, Bahir sighs in great relief as Kazim walks through the door, "You are a ray of sunshine in this darkness." Suddenly pausing and looking toward the corner of the room, "You didn't perhaps come across a certain bound and gagged half-elven woman in that corner did you?" He quickly explains who she is or was regardless of the answer he receives.

"As to the rest of the One Source, I am unsure. We killed a number of them worshiping in a blasphemous church devoted to The Rough Beast. Their leader, "The Jackal", may have fallen there. There however are quite a few doors down there that we have yet to investigate. If you intend too explore now I will certainly accompany you and lend my sword to the effort." A sudden thought occurs to him, "Excuse me Rayhan. Do you know what "The Jackal" actually looks like?" The paladin describes the red robed priest, "Was that him?"

4,401 to 4,450 of 7,116 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomackulas's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.