Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sardaukar's Legacy of Fire

Game Master Sardaukar


4,251 to 4,300 of 7,213 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>

CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Daumari nods at the paladin's suggestion and quaffs the potion before joining Bahir and Pae.
Potion of cure moderate wounds 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 3 = 12


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP43/67 | AC 21(28) T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Concerned that Bahir was taking point on the assault, Mah'ysa casts Protection from Evil on Bahir.

_X_Protection from Evil--+2 Defl. AC and +2 Resist Saves; Immunity to Mental control; Prevents contact by summoned creatures. All vs. Evil sources only.

Osirion

Yep, I'll take the Bull's Strength. Thanks. I love Protection from Evil too :) Ok, guess that is it. Charge!

EDIT: He'll activate the frost on Vardishal first.


Time for the fun to begin...

As Daumari's wounds heal from the healing potion, Efreat, Hazreem, and Mah'ysa prepare to cast prepared spells on Bahir and the rest of the group. When ready, Efreat casts Haste enabling all seven of you, Hazreem uses his wand to enhance the Paladin with additional strength, and Mah'ysa casts a ward on Bahir against Evil. Bahir, with Pae and Daumari on his heels, throws open the door.

What you see is a 10-foot square chamber with another door on the far side. Rushing forward to this door, you push it open into a large, brightly lit room with numerous torches lining the walls. The ceiling of this room arches up to a height of twenty feet, yet the thick, rotten smell in the air makes the room seem close and cramped. Three wide benches sit in the room facing a ten-foot-wide dais at the far end. The wall behind the dais depicts an immense carving of a hideous arachnid monster creeping out of a hole in the world the size of a kingdom. The smell seems to be coming from the mounds of decaying bodies heaped to the left and right of the dais, bodies in various stages of decay and caked with wax from the drippings of dozens of fat, sloppy candles wedged in among tangled limbs, empty eyesockets, and battered ribcages. Another door provides an exit in the northeastern corner of the room.

Standing upon the dais is a tall man dressed in plate armor, red robes and a mask covering the lower half of his face making his mouth look like that of a foul beast. A large axe is strapped across his back and a medallion hangs from his neck. Standing next to him is a familiar face. It is Tamir, the shady character from the dinner party which took place mere hours before. They both turn at your abrupt entrance. Scattered around the room are many more guards who appear to have been standing around and talking to one another as you forced your way in, each with swords hanging from their waists. They immediately turn in your direction, their sword hands moving quickly to the hilts of their blades.

Knowledge Religion DC10:
The medallion hanging from the red robed man is that of the unholy symbol of Rovagug.

Knowledge Religion DC 20:
The arachnid depicted on the back wall is a representation of a spawn of Rovagug emerging from the Pit of Gormuz. (I'm actually in the middle of packing to move and the details on the Pit of Gormuz are in a different book and I packed that one already. But there is some general info here: http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Pit_of_Gormuz)

Init Rolls:

Bahir: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Pae: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Efreat: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Daumari: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Hazreem: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Mah'ysa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Haleen: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Them: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

They win initiative and react first...

"Kill them!" says the masked one pointing straight back at the three intruders. Then he proceeds to raise his medallion as his begins calling on some external force. Tamir also makes some gestures, pointing at the door and gesturing with his hands as if slamming the door shut. Suddenly the door behind the first three who entered the room slams close with a loud bang, separately the party between the two rooms. He then leaps over the first pew and moves to take a defensive position behind the second pew while the masked one moves towards the first pew (Partial Cover for both) The rest of the guards draw their blades and move to surround the unlucky three, but none are able to get to you before you can react and they keep their distance waiting for you to make your move.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it does. The two piles of rotten, decaying flesh on each side of the dais start to move. Out of each pile, two unholy creature rise. Four bony, wax-covered, humanoid creatures with pallid flesh climb out of the piles, hissing in your direction. Whitish slime drips from their fangs as they look ready to leap towards you.

Spellcraft DC17:
The red masked one called upon his deity to grant him extra strength in the coming battle. (Bull's Strength)

Spellcraft DC16:
The rogue Tamir utilized arcane magic to cast a spell that caused the door to the room to close and lock. (Hold Portal)

Knowledge (Nature or Arcana) DC16:
The creatures rising out of the pile of rotten flesh are undead beasts known as gnolls. While their bites do not do much direct damage, the side effects are what will kill you.

Round 1 - Everyone is up!

Map Link

There is a picture from the AP for what the red robed man looks like. Link is here. Though he has a greataxe and this image shows a sword.

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 44/44
Bahir 64/64
Daumari 57/59
Hazreem 57/57
Paellat 49/53
Efreat 53/53
NPCs:
Haleen 53/53

Damage:
Haleen's Rapier: 1/15
Thug #16: 39 (Dead/Headless)
Thug #17: 16 (Severely Injured)

Conditions in effect:
----------
Efreat: Mage Armor
Efreat: Haste (All: +1 Attack, +1 Dodge to AC/Reflex, +30 Speed, Extra full round attack) -- Ends Rounds 7.
Bahir: Bull's Strength (+4 to STR) -- Ends Round 30
Bahir: Protection From Evil (From Evil: +2 deflection to AC, +2 resistance to Saves, second save +2 against mental control, no bodily contact from summoned) -- Ends Round 60.
Tamir: Partial Cover (+2 AC, +1 reflex saves)
Khair Al Din: Partial Cover (+2 AC, +1 reflex saves)

EDIT: A tiny viper appears to be resting on Tamir's shoulders and wrapping around his body. It hisses in your direction as the rogue takes up his position behind the pew.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem knows the closed door needs to be opened before the other party members are slaughtered by whoever sprung their trap. He charges straight to the closed door and crashes against it, trying to force it open!

Bull Rush to break door down. 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP43/67 | AC 21(28) T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

KNOWLEDGE (Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
SPELLCRAFT: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
SPELLCRAFT: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
KNOWLEDGE (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Osirion

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Bahir feels his skin crawl at the blasphemous shrine that stands before him and spits through gritted teeth, "They follow The Rough Beast. They deserve no mercy." He pulls a small golden globe from his necklace and launches it at the priest hoping to interrupt his profane prayer and allow him to feel Sarenrae's cleansing flames embrace. He then closes with the guard to his left around the pew.

Necklace of Fireballs (5d6): 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 5, 3, 5) = 19 Reflex DC 14 for half. He'll land it on the pew in front of the red robed man so that it gets him, Tamir, and the 4 wax-things.


Hazreem: Trying to figure out how a "Bull Rush" would work against a door. A bull rush is against an opposing person's CMD and a door doesn't have one, nor does a bull rush do damage. You need to meet the break DC and do damage above the hardness. As an earth elemental, you have a slam attack that will probably do some good damage. You could reuse the roll with a +10 for slam attack and roll for damage.

I'll post more later... Off to work...


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Roger that...here is his Slam attack 15 + 10 = 25
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 5

Know(religion), spellcraft, spellcraft, know(arcana)

Spoiler:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 201d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 151d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 281d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Efreat, having heard the traitor's spell counters with one of his own. "Oun'ravass."

stand: cast dispel magic on the door (assuming Hazreem doesn't destroy it).
Move: move up to the door and open it
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Rolls:

Ghoul #1 Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Fail, full damage
Ghoul #2 Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Succeed, half damage
Ghoul #3 Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Succeed, half damage
Ghoul #4 Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Succeed, half damage
Khair Al Din Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Fail, full damage
Tamir Reflex Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Succeed, no damage
Tamir's Viper Reflex Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Inside: Almost immediately after the door slams shut, a loud bang comes from the door as it bows slightly from a powerful impact on the other side. Dust and other debris launches into the air from the blow.

Damnit, I just spent my lunch writing up a long post and the stupid backspace key causing you to go back a page when the focus isn't set just lost me almost all of it! I was ready to hit submit! Grrr... So here's the short, short version.

Lobbing the orb directly at the red robed man, it bursts engulfing the back half of the chamber. Tamir ducks belows just before it hits and comes back up without a mark on him, his viper not as lucky. When the fire dissipates, only 3 of the four undead creatures remain and those that do are heavily burned. The robed cleric was burned pretty good, but still standing and patting down the remains of this clothing.

Outside: As the door slams in your face, Hazreem charges forward and slams into it. He bounces off, but not before some cracks are heard forming in the door. (Hardness 5, Damage 3/15) But then Efreat yells, "Oun'ravass" as he walks up and tries to open the door. It fails to open. (Its a DC18 for the dispel magic)

The smell of rotting flesh has now changed to rotting and burning flesh.

Daumari, Pae, and Mah'ysa are up.

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 44/44
Bahir 64/64
Daumari 57/59
Hazreem 57/57
Paellat 49/53
Efreat 53/53
NPCs:
Haleen 53/53

Damage:
Haleen's Rapier: 1/15
Thug #16: 39 (Dead/Headless)
Thug #17: 16 (Severely Injured)
Ghoul #1: 19 (Down)
Ghoul #2: 9 (Severely Burned)
Ghoul #3: 9 (Severely Burned)
Ghoul #4: 9 (Severely Burned)
Khair Al Din: 19 (Slightly injured)
Tamir's Viper: 9 (Moderately injured)
Door: 3/15

Conditions in effect:
----------
Efreat: Mage Armor
Efreat: Haste (All: +1 Attack, +1 Dodge to AC/Reflex, +30 Speed, Extra full round attack) -- Ends Rounds 7.
Bahir: Bull's Strength (+4 to STR) -- Ends Round 30
Bahir: Protection From Evil (From Evil: +2 deflection to AC, +2 resistance to Saves, second save +2 against mental control, no bodily contact from summoned) -- Ends Round 60.
Tamir: Partial Cover (+2 AC, +1 reflex saves)
Khair Al Din: Partial Cover (+2 AC, +1 reflex saves)

EDIT: If you read it earlier (first 10 minutes), I changed the result of the dispel magic. I was frustrated with the loss of the post and didn't look up the DC of the hold portal spell.


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Spellcraft 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Spellcraft 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Daumari smiles at the paladins words as he springs up and over the rearmost bench, his voice raised in as he offers a clear, yet brief prayer to Sarenrae before a familiar silence steals his voice.

Swift Action Activate judgement, protection: +2 sacred bonus to AC.
Free Action Enter Fortress Style.
Standard Action Cast silence upon myself.
Move Action 60 feet of movement toward the dias; I want to stop 9 squares due west of my starting position, so that I threaten the squares of both casters.

Modified AC 28, touch 18, flat-footed 23 (+3 Dex, +9 armor, +1 shield, +2 dodge, +1 deflection, +2 sacred); Against AoO Due to Movement 32


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP43/67 | AC 21(28) T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa shouts; "Bahir!" as the door slams shut. She realizes the danger of the trap as she sees Hazreem bounce off the magically locked door.
Since none of her spells would allow her to bypass or break a door, she decides to call for help.
She raises high her ankh, and begins to cast Summon Monster III to summon an Ape, Gorilla (Celestial).

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae curses as the door slams shut then deftly runs up the wall and over the ceiling coming to a rest above Bahir.

Activate slippers of spider climbing as a free action double move up the wall and along the ceiling.


Rolls:

Daumari AoO against Gnoll #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Hit, possible crit
Daumari AoO crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Confirmed
Daumari AoO crit damage: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (9, 3) + 4 = 16
Gnoll #3 Bite Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Miss!
Gnoll #4 Bite Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Miss!
Khair Al Din Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Miss!
Thug #11 Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Miss!
Thug #10 Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 (with flank) Miss due to Prot. from Evil
Thug #13 Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Miss!
Tamir Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 (with flank) Miss!
Tamir's Viper Bite on Daumari: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Miss!

With his added speed, Daumari leaps over the pews and lands between the two spellcasters, his hammers spinning. And with a quick prayer to the Dawnflower, the back half of the large room goes silent. Pae on the other hand, activates his shoes, turns, and runs right up the wall, standing upside down on the ceiling above Bahir with at least 10 feet of air space between his head and the Paladin's.

On the other side, Mah'ysa begins saying her own prayer as Haleen steps up, rapier at the ready. She looks at Efreat questioningly before turning back to keep an eye on the seated, injured guard still at the conference table.

Back in the silence zone, the three remaining undead beasts leap forward, unaffected by the lack of noise of their own hissing. They move to surround the Inquisitor who thrusts one end of his hammer towards the first to come in range. (AoA) It impacts directly in the creature's chest and keeps going, punching a hole right through the rotten flesh. The thing falls apart with bits and pieces falling at Daumari's feet. (Crit Damage: 16) But two more reach him, their fangs reaching out towards him. But neither can get through his defenses.

The red robed cleric, having lost all sense of sound, ceases his prayer to his unholy deity and instead reaches behind him and releases his giant battle axe into his hand. Burning hatred shows in his eyes as he steps up onto the pew to take a swing at the follower of Sarenrae. But he becomes unstable on the pew and the swing goes right over Daumari's head. (Nat 1)

Khair Al Din's Actions:

Move Equivalent: Draw Greataxe.
Free Action: 5-foot step
Standard Action: Destructive Smite on Daumari

The guards move in to surround Bahir. One gets in on his right, but isn't able to attack this round. But the next that comes up beside him does and Bahir is able to parry. Two more come up on the other side and one tries to take advantage of his momentary distraction and should have scored a deadly blow, but divine intervention must have prevented it from landing.

Back in the silence, Tamir draws a dagger from under his cloak and steps up to flank the inquisitor. But it is not enough and Daumari's quickness protects him. Even Tamir's Viper who slithers up to bite an ankle doesn't even have a chance. (Another nat 1)

Round 2 - Everyone is up!

Map Link

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 44/44
Bahir 64/64
Daumari 57/59
Hazreem 57/57
Paellat 49/53
Efreat 53/53
NPCs:
Haleen 53/53

Damage:
Haleen's Rapier: 1/15
Thug #16: 39 (Dead/Headless)
Thug #17: 16 (Severely Injured)
Ghoul #1: 19 (Down)
Ghoul #2: 25 (Destroyed)
Ghoul #3: 9 (Severely Burned)
Ghoul #4: 9 (Severely Burned)
Khair Al Din: 19 (Slightly injured)
Tamir's Viper: 9 (Moderately injured)
Door: 3/15

Conditions in effect:
----------
Efreat: Mage Armor
Efreat: Haste (All: +1 Attack, +1 Dodge to AC/Reflex, +30 Speed, Extra full round attack) -- Ends Rounds 7.
Bahir: Bull's Strength (+4 to STR) -- Ends Round 30
Bahir: Protection From Evil (From Evil: +2 deflection to AC, +2 resistance to Saves, second save +2 against mental control, no bodily contact from summoned) -- Ends Round 60.
Daumari: Silence (centered on self) -- Ends Round 71.

Daumari is lucking out with some bad GM rolls...

Osirion

First scimitar strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + (1) + 5 = 8

Hasted scimitar strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 5 = 11

Second scimitar strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + (3) + 5 = 9

Possible crit confirm for second scimitar strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"Pae, I'll cut my way through! See if you can make things uncomfortable for those spellslingers with Daumari!" Bahir becomes a slashing whirlwind of steel as he cuts into the two guards in front of him.

He'll attack the guard directly west of him and 5' step over the body when he falls. If he has any remaining he will continue any additional attacks on the northwest guard as he steps by.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem curses in Terran and proceeds to hammer at the door again.

Round 2:
Slam attack on door 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP43/67 | AC 21(28) T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

A large gorilla with shining fur appears next to Mah'ysa, his inteligent eyes turn to her.
She wastes no time; she points and "Take the door!"
The gorilla roars and charges the door.
Slam 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 for a possible 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 slam damage.


Hazreem slams into the door with more cracking and splintering is heard before stepping aside for the hairy beast charging up behind him. The gorilla uses its fists and pounds the door with its hams, but it doesn't do enough to cause the type of damage the earth elemental is doing. (Hazreem: 5 Gorilla: 0, total damage: 8/15)

Inside the chamber, Bahir's frosted blade moves in a flash. His scimitar quickly slices the man before him twice, but he still stands. It takes a third hit to take him down, a critical blow that tears open his bowls, dumping his guts onto the floor as he collapses on top of them. Advancing, the Paladin steps over to face the next one. (Total Damage: 36)

Pae, Daumari, and Efreat are up! Plus, Mah'ysa still gets an action while the Gorilla pounds.

Osirion

Shouldn't the ape have done 1 hitpoint damage to the door with the hardness of 5? It's not much but looks like every point is counting.

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae nods at Bahirs orders and scampers across the ceiling above the waving swords of the guards before dropping down behind Tamir.his rapier at full extension he lunges for the rear of the so called Merchant

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 damage1d4 + 1 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (5, 1, 2, 2) = 13

Acrobatics roll to prevent falling damage 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29


Still have to beat the break DC.

Osirion

but...but...break DC is only used for trying to break through with a strength check not against damage. Hardness applies versus damage but not strength checks. I had to look that up just to make sure I wasn't doing it wrong my whole gaming career (it wouldn't be the first time).


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 5

Efreat focuses his inner magic again, "Oun'ravass!"
stand: cast dispel magic1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
move: open door and get out of the way


Dropping 15 feet from the 20 foot high ceiling, the halfling silently lands on his feet but take 1d6 ⇒ 3 points of non-lethal damage. Acrobatics check protects you from first 10 feet and non-lethal on second 10 feet without being prone. Without making any sounds, he takes the merchant by surprise and thrusts his rapier through the man. (Damage: 13) While he silently cries out and looks back and down at the halfling, he doesn't seem to be particularly injured by the wound given.

Trying again, Efreat utilizes his last high-level spell to remove the magical lock holding the door closed. This time when he tries to open the door, it opens. 10 feet in front of you is one of the guards who turns to face you when the door opens.

Daumari and Mah'ysa are up!


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP43/67 | AC 21(28) T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa quickly traces the symbol of Saranrae in the air and the radiance of the sun blazes forth. She casts Protection from Evil.

Protection from Evil_--+2 Defl. AC and +2 Resist Saves; Immunity to Mental control; Prevents contact by summoned creatures. All vs. Evil sources only.


With Daumari in the thick of it, I'll wait for him to post his action before moving on.


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Daumari turns his attention toward Tamir, his hammers swinging in quick succession as he hopes to drop the spellcaster quickly.

Free Action Enter Meteor Storm Style
Swift Action Activate Bane (Tamir) class ability
He's a halfling, right? I can't recall.

Full Attack Action
Attack 1 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16; Damage 1d10 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 4 + (5, 3) = 21
Attack 2 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17; Damage 1d10 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (1, 3) = 15
Hasted Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15; Damage 1d10 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (3, 3) = 11


Rolls:

Haleen Rapier Attack on Thug #15: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30 Hit!
Haleen Damage w/ Vital Strike: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 5) + 5 = 16
Thug #15 Attack on Haleen: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Miss
Thug #13 Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Miss
Thug #12 Attack on Bahir: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Miss
Ghoul #3 Bite Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Miss
Ghoul #3 Claw Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Miss
Ghoul #3 Claw Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Miss
Ghoul #4 Bite Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Miss
Ghoul #4 Claw Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Miss
Ghoul #4 Claw Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Miss
Khair Al Din Destructive Smite #1 on Daumari: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 Miss
Khair Al Din Attack #2 on Daumari: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 Miss
Tamir Acrobatics (DC24): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24 Just makes it.

Yes, he's a halfling. I should of reiterated that. We have some halfling on halfling action going on...

Turning his attention to the halfling, for which Pae just dropped from the ceiling and stabbed with his rapier on the other side, he thrusts his hammers out in quick succession. But he proves to be ineffective. All three attempts seems to be deflected by some invisible force surrounding the little man. A broad grin forms across the halfling's face for a split second before he reacts.

With the door open, Haleen rushes forward and thrusts her rapier at the first guard standing by the door. His eyes must have been on the giant ape standing in the hallway as he doesn't notice the agile fighter until it is too late. Her blade sinks and withdraws through his flesh painfully, but he remains standing as he cries out in pain and grabs the wound with his non-weapon hand. (Damage: 16)

With effort, he moves himself against the wall (5-foot step east) and tries to return the favor. But she blocks the attack with a clank using her small shield.

Two others move to surround the Paladin. The first moves and attacks, then the other moves in to take advantage of the first one's attack. But these men are mere amateurs to the might of Bahir and he easily defends off their sneaky attacks.

The remaining two guards turn and face those in the doorway, their weapons at the ready, but keep their distance from you for now.

Back over in the zone of silence, the two ghouls continues their quest for living flesh, Daumari's flesh in particular as they don't seem to be threatening the red robed cleric or his halfling cohort. This time, in addition to trying to bite the inquisitor, they attempt to claw him up as well. One doesn't seem to stand a chance and Daumari is able to dodge the other without too much extra effort.

The robed cleric on the other hand should prove to be much more of a challenge. Keyword "should". His greataxe swings with great, destructive force, but he clearly doesn't like standing on this pew as he misses with both swings. He jumps down off the pew, silently landing on the ground to your south. (Can the big baddie in the room roll higher than a 5 on his attacks??? He had a +15 to attack!!)

Tamir decides he doesn't want to stay around and get stabbed again by the other Halfling or pounded by Daumari's hammers. He ducks quickly around the Halfing and leaps over the pew and out of the silent zone. Giving himself plenty of clearance, he holds up behind the pew's end, giving himself some cover. (Double Move, acrobatics for the first 10-feet)

Round 3 - Everyone is up!

Map Link

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 44/44
Bahir 64/64
Daumari 57/59
Hazreem 57/57
Paellat 49/53 (3 non-lethal)
Efreat 53/53
NPCs:
Haleen 53/53

Damage:
Haleen's Rapier: 1/15
Thug #11: 36 (Dead)
Thug #16: 39 (Dead/Headless)
Thug #15: 16 (Severely Injured)
Thug #17: 16 (Severely Injured)
Ghoul #1: 19 (Down)
Ghoul #2: 25 (Destroyed)
Ghoul #3: 9 (Severely Burned)
Ghoul #4: 9 (Severely Burned)
Khair Al Din: 19 (Slightly injured)
Tamir: 13 (Slightly injured)
Tamir's Viper: 9 (Moderately injured)
Door: 9/15

Conditions in effect:
----------
Efreat: Mage Armor
Efreat: Haste (All: +1 Attack, +1 Dodge to AC/Reflex, +30 Speed, Extra full round attack) -- Ends Rounds 7
Bahir: Bull's Strength (+4 to STR) -- Ends Round 30
Bahir: Protection From Evil (From Evil: +2 deflection to AC, +2 resistance to Saves, second save +2 against mental control, no bodily contact from summoned) -- Ends Round 60
Daumari: Silence (centered on self) -- Ends Round 71
Mah'ysa: Summon Monster III (Large Gorilla) -- Ends Round 7
Mah'ysa: Protection From Evil (From Evil: +2 deflection to AC, +2 resistance to Saves, second save +2 against mental control, no bodily contact from summoned) -- Ends Round 62
Tamir: Partial Cover (+2 to AC, +1 to Reflex Saves)

The streak of bad GM rolls continues...

Osirion

First scimitar strike with flank and smite: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37 (+7BAB,+6smite,+4str,+2flank,+1haste,+1focus,+1sword=silly)
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (1) + (6) + 12 = 19

Seeing an opening to get to the vile worshipper of Rovagug Bahir charges around the guard in front of him while fending off the man's sword strikes with his shield as he passes. Calling on his faith in The Dawnflower to smite down his foe he advances on the red robed man, "Face the w....." His battle cry quickly cut off by the magical silence that he forgets about in his intense focus on his adversary. Slashing his blade across the servant of chaos' backside he tries to get his attention off of his friend Daumari.

not actually charging just a descriptor. He advances to the southeastern square adjacent to the evil man leaving the space opposite open to Pae should he want to join in.


AoO on Bahir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Miss

Easily pushing past the guard, Bahir rushes into the silence and smites the cleric of Rovagug with his frosted blade. The scimitar cuts deeps across the robed man's back causing him to arch his back in pain. He screams out in agony, but the cry is lost and only his facial expression shows his pain. The expression then changes from pain to anger as another follower of the Dawnflower surrounds him.

If you went to the southeastern square, then you didn't have flank. And Bull's Strength gives you a +4 to Str which converts to a +2 to Attack. So only a +18. But you still hit easily.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Tamir!! He must have betrayed us!

Hazreem instantly recognizes the foul mouthed halfling from the party only hours ago. Acting on instinct, he melds into the floor and travels due north, emerging in front of the northeastern door.

Double Move: Earth Glide 40' north


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

I think I'll be your flanking partner today, Bahir. Pae might want to pursue his halfling-on-halfling action.

With Tamir gone, Daumari turns to face the Rough Beast's servant. Twisting away from his target, the inquisitor shortens his grip on one end of his hammer while striking out with the other.

Free Actions 5-foot step NE, enter fortress style.
Swift Action Switch to bane (humans), or whatever race the cleric is.
Full-Attack Action (Reach, Flanking)
Attack 1 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26; Damage 1d10 + 4 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (4, 5) + (4) = 24
Hasted Attack 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19; Damage 1d10 + 4 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (1, 2) + (6) = 17

EDIT Don't feel too bad about your rolls. I'm not faring much better.


There seems to be confusion on everyone's position. If Bahir moved to the square southeast of Khair and Daumari made a 5-foot step to the northeast, you wouldn't have flanking. I updated the map with your new positions (and moved silence zone). See link below.

Map Link

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae pursues Tamir taking the long way round the bench and staying close to the other Halfling.

"I'm sure your mother is very upset about you,,in whatever slave pit you sold her into" he taunts then thrusts..

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 Dmagae1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Well crumb, that messes me up a bit. I'll essentially do the same thing, but take my 5-foot step west, so that I can gain a flanking bonus. Then I'll maintain meteor storm style and attack. The new series of attacks should be:

Full-Attack Action
Attack 1 24; Damage 24
Attack 2 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24; Damage 1d10 + 3 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (3, 5) + (2) = 21
Hasted Attack 17; Damage 17


Stepping up onto the Pew, Daumari thrusts his hammers out three more times against the human cleric of Rovagug. The first attack clocks him good with silent bone crushing force. He ducks the second (hasted) attack, but the third in quick succession proves too much. An equally bone crushing blow does just that and knocks him down prone at the Paladin's feet. No sign of life seems to remain. (Damage done: 45, he's taken 64 points of damage just this round)

Pae on the other hand rushes after the escaping halfling, reaching him with his magically quick speed and manages to stab him through his force shield defenses causing a minor injury as he taunts.

Mah'ysa (with Gorilla) and Efreat are up!


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP43/67 | AC 21(28) T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

The Gorilla roars, pounds it's chest and rumbles up next to Haleen.
Slam 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 for a possible 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 slam damage.
...Crit confirm? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for a possible extra 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 slam damage.

Mah'ysa will take a couple of steps forward and attack one of the ones in front of Haleen with her sling glove.
SLING GLOVE, MW: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 for a possible 1d6 ⇒ 4 crush damage.
...Crit confirm? 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 for a possible extra 1d6 ⇒ 1 crush damage.


IF that figure next to Mah'ysa is an enemy, she'll engage with her quarterstaff.
QUARTERSTAFF, MW: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 for a possible 1d6 ⇒ 6 crush damage.


Mah'ysa: The figure next to you on the map is the guard who surrendered after your positive energy channel revived him from unconsciousness. Bahir was interrogating him before you charged into the room to the north. No one ever did anything with him and he is still gravely injured. And the sight of a giant gorilla isn't causing him to go back on his surrender. Still smacking him? You'd crack him on the head and knock him back unconscious. I'm assuming that would be instead of the sling glove. Also, don't forget +1 from Haste and -4 for firing into melee, so +5 instead of +8.

Rolls:

Thug #11 Readied Attack on Gorilla: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Miss
Thug #14 Readied Attack on Gorilla: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Hit!
Thug #14 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

As the gorilla moves up into the melee, two of the guards attack with their short swords at the giant beast. (Readied Actions) One of them manages to cut the beast causing a flesh wound. (Damage: 3) The beast roars and swings his mighty fist in retaliation. It nearly knocks the guard that cut him to the ground, blood spraying from the near mortal blow. (Crit Damage 13 to the one directly north of his new position.)


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 5

Efreat levels his hands and chants "kree'nar."
cast flaming sphere on guard to the north of Haleen. Move back behind the gorilla. dc 163d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 5) = 14

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Tempted to make a joke about the 400 pound gorilla in the room but will resist the temptation


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8
Paellat Silvertounge Redux wrote:
Tempted to make a joke about the 400 pound gorilla in the room but will resist the temptation

That's not nice. With his armor on Bahir doesn't weigh an ounce over 320.


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP43/67 | AC 21(28) T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Just making sure someone didn't sneak up behind us. Mah'ysa will continue with the Sling glove attack.


Rolls:

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Haleen Rapier Attack on Thug #15: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Haleen Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The already injured guard north of Haleen gets clocked good by a stone projectile that seems to make him wavier a bit, but he remains up. But as unsteady as he seems, he still manages with his last bit of life to dodge out of the way of a giant, 5-foot diameter ball of fire that appears out of thin air next to him.

Haleen takes advantage of the momentary distraction and finishes the guy off, piercing his tender flesh with her rapier. It doesn't survive this final blow and collapses to the ground in a growing pool of blood. Haleen then stands fast as she is pinned behind a giant gorilla and a ball of fire.

I'll post the rest of the round tonight.


Rolls:

Ghoul #3 Bite Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Miss
Ghoul #3 Claw Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Miss
Ghoul #3 Claw Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Miss
Ghoul #4 Bite Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Miss
Ghoul #4 Claw Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Miss
Ghoul #4 Claw Attack on Daumari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Miss
Thug #13 Charge Attack on Pae: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Hit!
Thug #13 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Thug #11 Attack on Gorilla: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Miss
Thug #14 Attack on Gorilla: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Miss
Thug #11 Acrobatics to avoid AoO (DC17): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Fail
Thug #14 Acrobatics to avoid AoO (DC17): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Fail
Thug #15 Stabilize Check: 1d20 + 2 - 9 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 9 = 0 Fail

The two ghouls continue to attack relentlessly, attempting to bite and claw into the inquisitor. But without the threat of the cleric attacking him, they stand even less of a chance of hitting him.

Tamir steps back from the other Halfling and yells, "Fall back, I'll hold off the shapechanger." And with that, he grabs something from his belt, states something strange, and gestures back towards the earth elemental blocking the door. (Hazreem, make Will Save DC17)

On Will Save Failure:
You find yourself unable to move, though you are still aware of your surroundings and your rock form still breathes (if it does in the first place). Gain Paralyzed condition.

Spellcraft DC18:
Tamir is attempting to cast Hold Person on the druid.

All the guards begin pull back towards the door in the northeastern corner of the chamber. The one Bahir charged past takes off to the north and charges Paellat, his quickness managing to get through the rogue's defenses, but only just enough to cause a minor flesh wound. (Damage: 2)

The two next to the gorilla takes swipes before retreating, but neither hits. One stumbles as he tries to move away and they other just isn't quick enough. (Mah'ysa: Take an AoO against one of these two, #11 or #14) The last guard easily withdraws and rushes all the way up to the door. Unless of course Hazreem makes his will save, then he stops just to the right of Tamir and looks for his opportunity to make a run for the door.

The one by Mah'ysa continues to hold his wound and stare in wonder at the sights and sounds from down the hall. He sits still in his agony.

Round 4 - Everyone is up!

Map Link

Current Status:

Hit Points (Remaining/Max):
----------
PCs:
Mah'ysa 44/44
Bahir 64/64
Daumari 57/59
Hazreem 57/57
Paellat 47/53 (3 non-lethal)
Efreat 53/53
NPCs:
Haleen 53/53

Damage:
Haleen's Rapier: 1/15
Thug #10: 36 (Dead)
Thug #14: 13 (Moderately Injured)
Thug #16: 39 (Dead/Headless)
Thug #15: 29 (Down/Bleeding)
Thug #17: 16 (Severely Injured)
Ghoul #1: 19 (Down)
Ghoul #2: 25 (Destroyed)
Ghoul #3: 9 (Severely Burned)
Ghoul #4: 9 (Severely Burned)
Khair Al Din: 83 (Dead)
Tamir: 16 (Slightly injured)
Tamir's Viper: 9 (Moderately injured)
Door: 9/15
Gorilla: 3/19

Conditions in effect:
----------
Efreat: Mage Armor
Efreat: Haste (All: +1 Attack, +1 Dodge to AC/Reflex, +30 Speed, Extra full round attack) -- Ends Rounds 7
Efreat: Flaming Sphere -- Ends Round 10
Bahir: Bull's Strength (+4 to STR) -- Ends Round 30
Bahir: Protection From Evil (From Evil: +2 deflection to AC, +2 resistance to Saves, second save +2 against mental control, no bodily contact from summoned) -- Ends Round 60
Daumari: Silence (centered on self) -- Ends Round 71
Mah'ysa: Summon Monster III (Large Gorilla) -- Ends Round 7
Mah'ysa: Protection From Evil (From Evil: +2 deflection to AC, +2 resistance to Saves, second save +2 against mental control, no bodily contact from summoned) -- Ends Round 62
Thug #13: Charge (-2 to AC)

Well, so much for this CR11 encounter...


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Will save DC 17 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
SpellCraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Hazreem feels the effects of the spell wash over his elemental body, but he manages to shake it off. Not realizing what spell the halfling spellslinger threw at him, he decides to hold his ground here knowing the other guards had to go through him to warn the Jackal.

Ready action to attack the first guard to enter his threatened area.
Attack Slam 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22; Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Osirion

Seeing that Daumari has the situation well in hand, Bahir gives the inquisitor a silent nod before running at top speed to assist Pae.

Looks like he can circle around the southern end of the pew and reach the guard fighting Pae in a 40' move. He ends in the southwest corner next to the guard.

Scimitar strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + (4) + 5 = 14

Heh, Daumari I believe it was you who stood in the thick of things and smashed the big bad evil guy. Definitely showing me up this fight :)

Oh and...CR11?! I have the feeling we were very fortunate you were rolling so badly Sardaukar and things could have gone very differently.


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP43/67 | AC 21(28) T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Gorilla AoO against that last guy to move.
Slam 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 for a possible 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 slam damage.
... Fumble? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 5

Efreat waves his hand and sends the ball of fire rolling toward Tamir. With the fire on its way, Efreat fires his wand at Tamir as well.
move: move flaming sphere onto Tamir's squre (if i can't get it there, then hit one of the other bad guys)
stand: fire wand of magic missiles at tamir
3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3) = 122d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6


Rolls:

Thug #14 Reflex Save (DC16): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

As Hazreem holds his ground, Bahir rushes around the pew at amazing speed and flanks the guard with Pae and catches him unexpectedly. His frosted blade slices into the man's backside causing him to cry out and spin around, but he doesn't fall.

The 400 pound gorilla in the room takes a swipe at the quickly fleeing men, but they prove to be too quick and the giant ape almost knocks himself over as he nearly loses his balance trying to hit them. (I haven't been doing "fumbles" for the enemy, so it is only fair not to do them for the PCs/NPCs)

Directing the giant rolling ball of fire, Efreat moves it towards the fleeing foes. He makes it to one of the guards that is preparing to make a move against the druid, but this guard sees the ball coming towards him and is able to quickly maneuver away from it and avoid harm. The blast from his wand has more of an effect as two black balls of force strike the spellcasting halfling. (Damage: 6)

Pae, Daumari, and Mah'ysa are up

Mid-Round Updated Map

4,251 to 4,300 of 7,213 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomackulas's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.