Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sardaukar's Legacy of Fire

Game Master Sardaukar


101 to 150 of 7,183 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Osirion

Paellat 'Pae' Silvertongue wrote:
Paellat steps from the shadows, "A goat huh? Unless the goat started the fire, why are we going after it now? We still have an arsonist to find..."

Bahir looks toward Pae, "It seems likely that the fire was an accident. However, Dashki suspects a creature called a pugwampis. They supposedly bring about bad luck and unfortunate accidents wherever they haunt. They also are not found here in camp and may have gotten hungry enough to steal a goat while skulking about." His brilliant white smile clearly visible in the night he sweeps his hand in front of him indicating the path to take, "After you my friend. Besides I would think our arsonist, if there is one, would keep low with everyone alert and watching."

Andoran

With the decision made to join Haz and Daumari in the search for the missing goat, the group heads out on the short trip. They find the ranger in the darkness waiting for everyone or more importantly the light source. With fresh eyes and a light source you all follow the trail that Daumari points out. As you proceed for several hundred feet an inexplicable rise in the natural tension of the environment, its as if you expect something terrble is to happen even though nothing about the terrian has changed. Not to long after a sound out of the darkness ahead of you can be heard, not unlike the brief cry of a human child.......

Make any checks you want and state your actions!


Male Human Druid 2

Hearing the cry split the dark air, Hazreem stops and holds the torch higher. He hopes the light will spread further and give them a view of the creature that made such a cry.

While he is confident he already knows what it was by its sound Knowledge nature 1d20+6=24 , the sense of forboding they were all feeling causes him to draw his scimitar anyway. You could never be under prepared in the desert.


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 5

Hearing the sound, Efreat draws his scimitar and raises his hand in anticipation of buring whatever caused the duress. Whispering to his companions, "What is it?"

Osirion

Bahir's eyes narrow as if trying to pierce the infernal darkness and see what is making the sound. Without a word he steps forward in front of the group, readies his shield, and silently draws his scimitar from it's well oiled sheath.


Pae immediately scurries for a place to hide as he pulls his whip

STEALTH: 1d20+12=25

Andoran

The group stands there wondering what the heck that was and Efreat brings voice to everyone's thoughts, "What is it?" as he draws his weapon. Haz racks his brain searching for knowledge of the noise, he is the only one to responds to Efreat's question, its the lost goat though the timbre of the cry makes it sound as if the creature is in pain. Bahir follows Efreat's gesture and draws his weapon and readies his shield without saying a word as he steps to the front of the group. Pae on the other hand does the opposite and scurries to the back of the group and hides, he does draw his whip out though. The light source shows a small, very small trail that leads toward the sound but its going to be rough going. The ground being the less of the difficulties as the farther one goes on the trail the dencer the local cacti become. One could call this a forest even, a dense thicket of the prickly plants. The sound of the bleating goat is now very obvious to everyone and it seems to be coming from somewhere deep within the cacti. Its going to take some careful maneuvering to get to the goat........

Osirion

Bahir stops and considers the thorny tangle in front of him. After a moment he slashes at one cacti and pushes another aside with his round shield in an attempt to clear a path...obviously unable to come up with a better solution than the most obvious and direct approach.


Pae follows, staying in the shadows, ready to attack at a moments notice.


Male Human Druid 2

Hazreem whinces and then sighs as the big knight starts hacking his way through the cacti. "Tell me Sir Knight, would you use such a tactic for a crowd of people hindering your way to a prze?" the question is asked with no malice, just a hint of exasperation.

"Perhaps if we just moved though it cautiously we could get to the goat? Or maybe just cut those branches that are directly in the small pathway."

He tried to study the patch in the torchlight, to best determine the path through the cacti.

Knowledge nature for determining a path and survival for same. Whichever is most appropriate. 1d20+6=17, 1d20+8=24

Andoran

Bahir takes the lead and begins to hack his way through the the razor sharp cacti forest making a path for the others causing Haz to shake his head in dismay at the damage done to the plants. He does a good job of making a safe path but each person still get small cuts on their legs and arms fromt the cacti. The farther everyone moves into the forest the larger and taller cacti grow causing the danger to be even greater of slicing someone. Haz points out the best possible path to take but the going is slow. Pae easily follow the group, his size a good benefit to have in this situation until the group hits the larger cacti.....

Make a balance check please and then make another. Thats two seperate rolls to be clear!


Male Human Druid 2

Hazreem's observation of the cacti path was benefitting everyone, except himself apparently. As he walked, his hide armour and the poor lighting caused the weather beaten druid to stumble.

Acrobatics checks 1d20-3=14, 1d20-3=0. Well, the zero result pretty much guarantees I'm getting hurt somehwere along the line :)

Andoran

oops, still in 3.5 mode! Yes thats an acrobatics check, two for everyone!


Female Half elven Cleric 1

Mah'ysa follows the others, keeping herself behind Bahir in case something springs out to attack. Not accustomed to the desrt, she jumps slightly as the goats bleating. Once she realizes what it was though, she grimaces to herself under her scarf and presses forward. whether it is because of or despite her numerous scarves, Mah'ysa seems particularly dexterous this particualr evening and holds her balance versus rather unsre footing.

Acrobatics 21 and 19

Will be out of town until Sat, or Sunday. Please NPC Mah'ysa until my return

Osirion

Hazreem Al'Shakar wrote:
Hazreem whinces and then sighs as the big knight starts hacking his way through the cacti. "Tell me Sir Knight, would you use such a tactic for a crowd of people hindering your way to a prze?" the question is asked with no malice, just a hint of exasperation.

Apparently completely missing Haz's meaning Bahir frowns and says over his shoulder, "Of course not. That is indeed a strange question, I should hope you understand those who follow the Dawnflower better than that."

Two acrobatics rolls:
1d20+1=21, 1d20+1=3 Talk about extremes!


Paellat is really on edge, jumping at shadows, causing him to not be completely balanced.

Acrobatics: 1d20=6+10=16, 1d20=3+10=13


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 5

Efreat, not being use to this "natural" environment, stumbles a bit. Acrobatics checks:1d20+2=14, 1d20+2=3


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Attempting to keep an eye out for trouble, Daumari makes his way through the cacti along with the others.

Acrobatics Checks: 1d20 = 13,7

Sorry for my absence; some potential job openings came up, and I needed to focus on them. For the most part they didn't pan out, though I still have hopes for two of them.

Andoran

Sorry for my absence; some potential job openings came up, and I needed to focus on them. For the most part they didn't pan out, though I still have hopes for two of them.

Having gone through that earlier this year I completely understand and want to wish you the best of the luck! I will NPC your PC anytime you want me too so you can focus on the job search, just let me know! You can always email me too, and that goes for anyone, if you don't want to post on the boards about things of personal nature or life.

reby43@yahoo.com

Just put Pathfinder in the subject heading!
Good Luck!
Zoo

Andoran

The large cacti forest is becoming a hardship for some of the group, the thin razor sharp needles of the cacti ripping clothes, stumbling over rocks and even falling to the ground a few times even with Bahir's path of distruction. The only two who seem not to have these problems are Pae and Mah'ysa dodging the issues the others are having. No one takes any serious injuries but the luck does not seem to be with you at the moment. The progress is slow but you are gettng closer you can tell by the goats crying getting louder and louder.

You are about half way through the forest, another round of Acrobatic checks please, two rolls again! Plus any other checks you want to try!


Male Human Druid 2

Hazreem staggers from one patch of cacti and falls into another. The wildly swinging torch in his hands casts an eerie and flickerin glow about the thicket and his cries of surprise certainly aren't helping the group to be stealthy.

Invisible Castle hates this character for some reason. <sigh> 1d20-3=2, 1d20-3=2


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 5

Stumbling again, Efreat finally gets his act together. Eyes glowing red with fire, "I hate cacti."

Osirion

Bahir eyes the recently acquired spines sticking out of his clothing warily. I have to be more careful... Taking a page from Mah'ysa's book as he glances back to see her unfettered by the foliage, Bahir shines his sunrod ahead of him as if Sarenrae herself were guiding him, his footsteps suddenly seem more sure as he deftly dodges the increasingly troublesome spines.

Two acrobatics checks: 1d20+1=16, 1d20+1=19


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Daumari continues to follow the others' trail and is just starting to feel this expedition holds promise when he slips on the pulped remains of one of the spiny plants. The ranger falls into the cacti to the side of the path, growling as the needles find their way through his clothes.

Climbing out of the plants and back to his feet, Daumari making an effort to ignore the pinprick like wounds he suffered from his fall; starts plucking needles from himself as he silently follows the group.

Acrobatics Checks: 1d20 = 15,1
And you think Invisible Castle hates Hazreem? :P

Osirion

Male Halfling Archivist Bard 5 (favored)

Paellat begins to understand the way these bushes and cacti are arranged and easily moves through them now

1d20+10=24, 1d20+10=24

understanding their construction, allows him to begin moving stealthily again...

1d20+13=24

Andoran

The party continues to have bad luck as they travel through the cacti forest. Scrapes, scratches, pokes and torn clothing caused by the needles of the cacti. Curses and people muttering under their breaths can softly be heard. As the cacti begin to thin out Behir's speed increases to clear the path and less threats from the hated needles although everyone has trouble walking on the rough terrain. After picking himself off the ground again Haz senses that they are close to the goat now as does Daumari a step behind. Efreat, Mah'ysa and Pae bringing up the rear are still focused on their one foot in front of the other but at least it has become easier going for everyone. Behir in the lead is first to see they are done with the cacti as he emerges on a thin strip of open land at the edge of a 15 foot wide ravine. As the rest of you join Behir on the outside of the forest you all breath a sigh of relief. Looking down the edge of the ravine reveals a huge multi-armed, wickedly barbed cacti dominating the ground 10 feet below the edge, almost directly where the sad little goat Rombard has been lazily tied to a scrub brush and covered in cactus quills crying at the top of it's lungs now that it senses your presenses......

Osirion

Bahir shakes his head in wonder, "How did the little animal manage to get itself into such a mess?" Slinging his shield he pulls aside his chasuble and uncoils a length of hardy hemp rope. While looking for a sizable and strong cactus to tie it too, "I'll lower myself down slowly and tie the little creature to the other end when I reach it. Then you should all be able to pull it up."


whispers to Bahir "It's tied up...there's something or someone here.."


Male Human Druid 2

Hazreem speaks up to concur with Pae "It is doubtful our little friend down there would have walked through that cactus patch and then tied himself to the plant in that ravine. I feel a danger here, we needs must take care. Lowering yourself into a ravine full of cacti and possible nemies may not be our best approach, though i applaud your concern for the goat. He studies the area, looking to see if any sign of the things that took the goat are nearby. The use of a rope denotes intelligence, and that means an ambush may have been laid.

Perception 1d20+4=13. Knowledge nature to study the cactus int eh ravine for anything unusual 1d20+7=15

Andoran

The goat's crying grows even louder as it hears the voices from above in the darkness. Bahir shoulders his shield and pulls out his hemp rope intent on going right after the bleating goat. Pae and Haz speak up quickly pointing out that they should proceed with caution as some one or thing tied up that goat. Haz peers into the darkness over the cliff side into the ravine looking for danger knowing something down there has the goat tied up for a reason, most likely dinner. He spots nothing out of the ordinary from his vantage point however. Many other cacti are down there keeping the huge cactus company, plenty of places for someone to hide.....The others stand keep an eye out looking for danger too.

Until further notice ALL(such as attacks, skill checks or a saving throws) d20 rolls must roll 2d20!


Male Human Druid 2

Sorry forgot about the extra d20 roll. Here they are for my earlier checks. More for completeness Zoo, rather than any benefit. Perception and knowledge nature. 1d20+4=9, 1d20+7=11. Looks like IC is sticking to form for me though hehehe.

Osirion

Bahir nods as he hears the wisdom of their words, "I agree but can you think of a better way to get the goat? Besides I have all of your watchful eyes to look for traps and ambushes as I descend." He finishes up tying off the rope and throws the rest of the coil down to the biggest clearing he can find.


Paellat Silvertongue wrote:

Paellat begins to understand the way these bushes and cacti are arranged and easily moves through them now

1d20+10=24, 1d20+10=24

understanding their construction, allows him to begin moving stealthily again...

1d20+13=24

sorry, second Stealth roll: 1d20+13=32


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 23(ff21/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76) I Images: 5

"I do not think this is coincidence." After looking around, Perception:2d20=17 "Is that cacti natural?"


Male Human Druid 2

Realising the big knight is determeined to enter the ravine, Hazreem leans forwads and mutters a quick prayer to Gozreh before touching him on the arm "Gozreh belss you with the fortitude to handle the dangers you face Bahir"

Casting Virtue on Bahir. He gains 1 temporary hit point for the next minute

Osirion

Those paying close attention, though it's hard to tell in the dark, can see something cross Bahir's face as he looks down into the dark ravine...could it be fear? Just as quickly as it is there it is gone as he seemingly strengthens his resolve. Slinging his shield over his back and resheathing his blade he begins to climb down the rope straining to support himself and his heavy armor...

Climb check: 1d20-3=12, 1d20-3=5

...He slips slightly once or twice but manages to retain his hold on the rope...barely.

Andoran

Behir begins to desend as the others keep a close look out for danger. Haz decides the best help he can give for the moment is to call on his god for added strength causing a slight glow around Behir. He slips slightly once or twice but manages to keep a hold of the rope but then as luck would have it he loses his grip on the rope as he tries to adjust his footing on the rocky cliff face. Behir drops like a rock and hits the ground with a loud thud and rattle from his armour damaging the cactuses and himself from the fall (2 hps dam). A curse can be heard by the others up top as dust and sand is kicked up making everyone want to sneeze. The goat goes crazy at the site of Behir, scared out of its mind and full of needles from cacti. While this is going on Efreat is observing the huge cacti more closely wondering if there's something strange about it but can't put his finger on whats bothering him about the large cacti. Pae stands in the shadows at the edge of the cacti forest thinking he's well hidden.....

Osirion

Bahir stands and pulls a few painful thorns out of his side and arm thankful that Haz's blessing seemed to ward off the worst of the damage. "I'm alright. That wall is treacherous. I'll get the goat now." He turns toward the goat while unlimbering his shield and unsheathing his blade to once again smash and slice the cacti between him and the goat.

Qadira

M

Hazreem calls for the warrior to stop. "I shall join you Bahir, perhaps I can quiten the goat while we free it from the cacti. Certainly having teh animal panic in there would be bad."

Climb checks, handle animal, animal empathy. The rolls are in that order, but IC has done something funny with them. So it goes in that pattern for one set of rolls, then the pattern is repeated for the next set of rolls. 1d20-1=18, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+2=10, 1d20-1=2, 1d20+7=26, 1d20+2=13

So to summarise - Climb = 18 or 2 (guess i'm tumbling)
- Handle Animal = 15 or 26
- Animal Empathy = 10 or 13
cheers

Osirion

Heeding the druids call Bahir stops just in time to see the man come tumbling down the cliff. With a smile, after helping Haz to his feet and determining that nothing is broken, Bahir says "Told you it was treacherous......but I am glad for your assistance as I know next to nothing about goats."

Andoran

Deciding Behir will need help with the animal he follows the holy warrior down the rope and ends up slipping and falling just like his new friend did moments ago landing hard on the ground and cacti (3 hps dam). Once up from his fall and shakes off Behir's banter he starts to work his wonders with the goat trying to get it under control but the wounded animal is to scared to hear Haz's calling crying at the top of its lungs and tuging at the rope securing it causing more damage to itself.


Paellat scrutinizes the giant cactus...suspecting the goat might be some sort of sacrifice...

Perception:1d20=4+4=8

Nope just a big cactus...

Osirion

Bahir looks from the still panicked goat to Haz then to the rest of the group on the edge of the ravine, "Do any of you have any ideas about how to calm it so we can get it out of here? I don't want to hurt it any more than it already is."


Male Human Druid 2

"Unfortunately I have used Gozrehs gift for calming panicked creatures at the fire. However, I shall try to calm the goat again, using just the dulcet tones of my voice. It is all I can offer."

Having whispered this to Bahir, the druid again tries to calm the young goat, hoping not to casue it more harm

If I'm able to Handle animal and wild empathy checks again. 1d20+7=25, 1d20+2=10, 1d20+7=23, 1d20+2=12. So handle animal = 25 or 23, Animal empathy= 10 or 12. Cheers


Female Half elven Cleric 1

Not being able to do much in this situation, Mah'ysa will simply keep an eye on things in the pit as Bahir and Hazreem go about trying to calm and free the goat.

How far away is the goat from Mah'ysa who is close to the edge of the drop down?

Andoran

Up above Pae takes time to focus his thoughts on the huge cacti the goat is secured too. After minutes of concentration he comes up with nothing other than its just a big cactus. Off to the side of him Mah'ysa watches the two below looking out for danger and any other issues the group might have. She gets as close to the edge of the ravine as she can with not falling in to it to watch but being about 20 feet away that is all she decides she can do at the moment, she continues to mull over her options while below Haz and Behir confer on what to do to calm the crazed goat down. Talking in a near whisper to the goat, Haz tries again in a calm tone and it seems to be working. The goat is still crying but not as loud as before and it stops tugging on it's leach which stops it from causing more harm to itself.......Blood trickles from many wounds to the goat from the nasty needles of the cacti..............


Male Human Druid 2

Do i need to keep calming this thing. I'd like to try a heal check but I'm not sure how long the handle animal is good for?


Female Half elven Cleric 1

A look of sadness crosses Mah'ysa's face as she sees not only the slight injuries of her companions, but also the blood seeping from the goat's wounds. After gauging the distance, she resolutely nods her head as she takes her holy symbol in hand. Then with a confident voice, Mah'ysa says, "May the Dawnflower's light look upon those who still breath life with favor while those who cling to a life that is no longer their own, cringe from the heat of her burning embrace" With her words spoken, waves of positive energy once more radiate from her body and settle on all who bear injuries, closing the wounds that they have sustained.

Channel energy for 6


Paellat feels his minors scratches heal. Much better he thinks


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Sorry, another job came up real quick; applied one afternoon, got a call to schedule an interview an hour later, and ended up landing the job. Then I got a call that the background check revealed I don't actually exist. Now the last time I checked I was pretty sure I did, so I had to make sure they knew that as well. Unfortunately, any thoughts about the game were forgotten in the rush.

I'll work to be check back regularly, now that a fair bit of stress is gone from my shoulders.

Daumari readies his bow and peers at the scene below, taking in the sight of his companions stumbling around in the dim light and the goat tied to the cacti. He keeps his eyes and ears open as the situation unfolds.

Perception Checks: 1d20+7 = 21, 27

101 to 150 of 7,183 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomackulas's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.