Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sardaukar's Legacy of Fire

Game Master Sardaukar


5,051 to 5,100 of 7,134 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>

Pae and Daumari:
After a minute or two, you notice several faint lights ahead in the distance. As the blinding fog thins, three yellow-green lights come into clear view. A strange crescent-shaped anchorage just large enough to snugly secure a vessel forms out of the mist. Each of its crescent quays tipped by a small stonework tower like a small lighthouse surmounted by a bright-glowing, yellow-green lantern. The harbor seems to abut the base of a large hill of slowly rolling mist, with a third lantern at the center of the crescent, mounted over an archway leading into the hillside along a dimly lit cobblestoned avenue.

The ship continues forward towards the opening and turns to moor easily at this strange harbor. Once there, the movement of the ship halts and the glowing eyes of the helmsman fade to dark. The deck of the ship sits only slightly higher than the cobblestoned ground below, an easy step down.

Osirion

Mah'ysa and Sardaukar:
"I hope not but ships are not made to fly." He leaves his shield slung across his back and grips her hand with the hand it usually occupies almost as if she were taking its place to fend off the darkness, "Let's see if we can find any sign of them. They may be hurt and need our help." He closes his eyes for a few moments in silent prayer and then picks a direction seemingly at random and begins heading in it.

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae unties Daumari from the mast..

"Well we seem to have arrived at our..destination...maybe we should wait for a while and see if any off the others turn up?"


Bahir ad Mah'ysa:
With Mah'ysa in one hand and a sunrod in the other, Bahir picks a direction and begins walking. After what seems less than a minute, you notice faintly in the dark mist ahead, a couple of yellow-green lights. Too dim to make out anything, but there is definitely something ahead.

Pae and Daumari:
In response to Pae's question, Daumari points to off in the distance in a direction to the left of the crescent harbor. "Look, another light. And it's moving." Sure enough, off in the distance, another light has formed. Faint and more distant than the ones around the harbor and more yellow-white in color compared their yellow-green, it clearly seems to be swaying and bouncing slightly as if someone was walking with a lantern.

Hazreem and Efreat:
Several more minutes go by and all is black around you. There is no sign of any light from above and nothing but black mist surrounds you, lit only by Efreat's spell. Suddenly, you reach what appears to be a mass of thicker mist below you, as if you reached a layer of black fog or a dense cloud-layer.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

DM and Efreat:
Hazreem pauses briefly to cast his own Light spell on himself (so Efreat hopefully won't lose sight of him). He the continues through the thick mist...

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae breathes a sigh of relief..."Then one of them at least has survived the fall..let us hope that it is both"


Hazreem and Efreat:
With your own light shining brightly in the darkness, you continue on. The mist grows thicker as if you are in a dense fog. It swirls within your vortex, but doesn't dissipate. It becomes more difficult to see Efreat in it, but he stays close. Your two lights guide you so you don't get separated.

Suddenly, you find your progress is inhibited by a think wall of blackness. The mist below you is solid, yet possesses a curious elasticity that yields softly when pressed. Whatever it is, it prevents you from descending further. Efreat lands on it, and stands. It's a little wobbly, like gentle waves flowing, but it seems to be stable.

Bahir and Mah'ysa:
As you continue forward, the yellow-green lights become brighter. As the mist finally clears, a wonderful sight emerges. A strange crescent-shaped anchorage forms out of the mist before you with a ship docked in its grasp. Standing at the railing is Daumari and your Halfling friend, both looking in your direction. Pae seems to breathe a sigh of relief.

Each of its crescent quays is tipped by a small stonework tower like a small lighthouse surmounted by a bright-glowing, yellow-green lantern. The harbor seems to abut the base of a large hill of slowly rolling mist, with a third lantern at the center of the crescent, mounted over an archway leading into the hillside along a dimly lit cobblestoned avenue.

The misty ground leads you right up to the left-most corner of the crescent harbor, where one of the lighthouses sit and the cobblestone begins. It is an easy walk to meet the ship, which sits low in the black mist. It is only a large step up if you wished to climb up onto the ship.

Pae and Daumari:
The bobbing light grows closer. Soon, the mist clears around it and you take in a familiar sight. The light is a sunrod held aloft by your friendly neighborhood Paladin. In his other hand, he holds onto his companion Mah'ysa, guiding her to safety. He looks relieved to see you as he approaches the left-most corner of the crescent harbor next to one of the lighthouses.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

DM and Efreat:
Hazreem looks around him looking for any sign of the ship, and his friends. He shrugs helplessly at Efreat.

Now what...I am completely out of my element here.

Fighting back a sense of despair, he instead looks around him for...anything he can see.

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae drops to the Quayside and hurries along the cobbles.."

"Thank the gods you survived my friends, I had feared the worst.."


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa rushes forward to hug her friends.
"Pae! Daumari! I'm so glad to see you!" She looks around.
"Where is everyone else?"


Hazreem and Efreat:
Nothing but pitch blackness surrounds you in all directions. The black fog is dense and any sounds you make seem to be muffled by it as well. You make out nothing.

Osirion

With obvious relief the paladin boards the ship behind Mah'ysa, "Perhaps they will show if we wait a little bit."


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

DM and Efreat:
Hazreem pauses for a moment, and then decides to try one more time to penetrate the misty layer. If he cannot penetrate it in his current form, he will ussume whirlwind form.


Hazreem and Efreat:
The glowing, spinning vortex known as Hazreem grows in size and intensity, reaching nearly 20 feet tall with a 10-foot diameter at the top. The winds pick up, the mist swirling violently around him. Efreat moves away to keep his distance. At least 10 seconds later, the mist has parted enough that you make out several faint lights off in the distance. They seem to be a strange yellow-green in color. As your whirlwind rage subsides, the mist closes back in and the lights fade away. But you know the direction.

Heading off in that direction, the yellow-green lights return and slowly become brighter. As the mist finally clears, a wonderful sight emerges. A strange crescent-shaped anchorage forms out of the mist before you with a ship docked in its grasp. Standing at the railing of the ship are your other comrades, all looking in your direction and seemingly in good health.

Each of this crescent quays is tipped by a small stonework tower like a small lighthouse surmounted by a bright-glowing, yellow-green lantern. The harbor seems to abut the base of a large hill of slowly rolling mist, with a third lantern at the center of the crescent, mounted over an archway leading into the hillside along a dimly lit cobblestoned avenue.

The misty ground leads you right up to the right-most corner of the crescent harbor, where one of the lighthouses sit and the cobblestone begins. It is an easy walk to meet the ship, which sits low in the black mist. It is only a large step up if you wished to climb up onto the ship.

Everyone else:
You wait around for a few minutes in the silent darkness when suddenly something strange happens off to the far right side of the crescent harbor. The mist in the air starts moving, as starting to rotate around something off in the distance. A dark storm of some type? But before you can voice any concern, the mist actually thins and you see two faint lights near the eye of this storm. Then the winds stop and the mist fades together again.

About a minute later, the faint lights appear again, this time without the winds. They slowly get brighter until you can make out that the lights are coming from Efreat's glowing hand and a glowing air elemental moving along side of the sorcerer. They approach the right-most tip of this harbor.

Done with spoilers for now...


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

The swirling mass of air coalesces into the form of Hazreem. He walks up the gangway to meet the rest of his friends. "Thank all the gods we were able to find you!" He exclaims. "I was sure you were lost when the ship went over that cliff!" He then looks around at the strange harbor. "Where are we?"


Pae grins as the remainder of the group catch up.

"Where are we...who knows..perhaps we should try and find someone and find out?Off course we need to be careful while we do it


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa rushes up to Hazreem to hug him.
"I'm so glad we're all together again! Is that a tunnel into the ... mountain there?" Mah'ysa points towards the huge mound of mist and the archway there.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem returns the hug readily, which Mah'ysa realizes from a long time of traveling with the weathered druid is unusual for him. Clearly the trip here has unsettled him. Finally, he does release her.

In response to the priestess' comment, Hazreem nods. "It seems to be the logical place to check out."


As you reunite together on the docked ship, you look down upon the tunnel leading off into the dark hillside. The sides of this hill and tunnel seem to swirl and pulsate as you watch. The passage glows with a faint luminance as it curves off to the right, preventing you from seeing where it leads. Suddenly, an echoing female voice calls out from the depths of the cave. Welcome, my guests. Come forward so we may speak.


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Looking around, Mah'ysa shrugs.
"The only game in town. Shall we?"


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem shrugs, his face a stoic mask. "After you, Mah'ysa."

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"Needs must when the Demon drives as they say"

Pae moves forward , as he goes he checks his gear making sure everything is in easy reach.


Grabbing and securing your stuff again, you carefully make your way across the cobblestone harbor and down into the dark passage. As you proceed, you find that the boundaries of this cave are unsettling to look upon, with slowly palpitating whorls and streams of dim, multihued radiance that flickers deep within the pale walls. Even without the colored light, the passageway would be disorienting, as its width and height and direction seem to pulsate and shift, almost like the throat of an immense living creature.

Everyone needs to make a Fort Save DC15. If you have the Endurance feat (I don't think anyone does), add it's bonus to your roll.

On Failure:
You become sick to your stomach from the motion of the walls. Gain sickened condition for the duration of the time you are in these tunnels.

The tunnel curves right, then left, then left again. Growing in width, then shrinking narrow, then wide again before the walls seems to close in on you again. The floors, walls, and ceilings of this cave are quite spongy and uneven despite having a solid appearance. Everything in here is considered difficult terrain.

As the strange cave passage turns almost in a complete u-turn to the right, you notice in the center of the wall on the outside of the sharp curve a strange protuberance, a circular plug made out of the shifting dark mist. The passage continues on further.

Perception DC20:
There seems to be an opening in the wall here. The plug just seems to be the center of the opening and is holding everything together.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Fort save 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 4 = 20...Hazreem DOES have Endurance, btw...
Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Hazreen pauses at the plug. "There seems to be an opening in the wall here. The plug just seems to be the center of the opening and is holding everything together." He turns to the party, "Should we leave it alone?"


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Entering the passageway, Mah'ysa grabs Bahir's shield arm.

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Fail! Mah'ysa gains the Sickened condition.
Feeling ill from the motion, Mah'ysa leans even more on Bahir.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 2 = 24

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Fort save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Pae rides out the movement like a sailor on a millpond.."It isn't that bad once you get used to it " he comments


Daumari Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Efreat Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Efreat starts to look queasy as you stop to inspect this plug. He'd hold himself up against the wall, but that wouldn't help here.

Moving on down the passage?


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem grunts, "Yeah, real fun place this is. I say we continue on down the passage."


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Not trusting herself to speak, Mah'ysa simply nods.

Osirion

Lost my DSL on Wednesday. After a new modem I am back :)

Fort save: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

Lay hands on Mah'ysa to cure sickened condition: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 4) = 11

Seeing the priestess' lackluster response to his question, "Are you feeling alright?" the paladin wraps a supporting arm around her and lets the healing energies flow into her. She immediately feels her stomach settle and a feeling of well being. Bahir defers to the druid's wisdom on continuing and leaving the plug alone.


Moving further down the passage about 30 feet, the strange corridor starts to grow wider as you pass another one of those plugs on the left wall. About another 30 to 40 feet later, hard to tell for sure in this strange place, it opens up in a large, rounded chamber nearly 70 feet in diameter.

The walls, ceilings, and floor of this large chamber are studded with strange cysts and buds. Most of the floor is covered by a wide pool of faintly glowing green liquid but for a narrow pathway leading around it to an opening on the far side. There stands a sumptuous divan, a canopied bed, and a table surrounded with chairs.

Standing near the entrance of this chamber is a strange, pale-skinned elven man dressed in fine leathers and armed with a curved blade. His eyes watch you warily and silently as you approach as he makes no movement. A second figure is seated upon the divan across the room, another elf. This one is female and strikingly beautiful. She calls out to you in a melodious voice and beckons for you to come over.

"I greet you, my heroes from outside this reality. I am Lahapraset. I am a spirit of creation, and I wish you to be my champions. Thank you for answering my summons, and I trust that business with the Golden Ram did not vex you overmuch, it was but a convenient way for me to judge your skill and worth." She stands and moves towards the table with chairs. "Do not mind Chinoy, he is not much for conversation but watches over my safety. Come, let us sit together. We have so much to discuss."

Elf Woman Image


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

After Bahir relieves her sickness, Mah'ysa breathes easier and straightens up. She nods at him and mouths a silent thank you.

At the invitation, Mah'ysa quickly glances at the others before turning back.
"Well, we could hardly turn down such an intriguing invitation."


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem glances at the priestess and seems about to disagree with her, then abruptly changes his mind. "Uh huh. No arguments with that, Mah'ysa." He then looks up at the elf lady. "So, can you tell us where are we?"

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"Didn't expect that" Pae whispers to Daumari on seeing the beauteous Elven Woman.."But it was worth the wait"

Osirion

Bahir warily watches both the elves as he concentrates on sensing any evil auras about them or this place.


As the others converse, Bahir scans the male elf before him, the woman being too far away. No sense of any evil radiates from him.

Lahapraset remains standing as you ask your question across the green pond. "Of course. You are in Andakami, our prison beyond the edge of our creation. We were captured and imprisoned here long ago by that wizard Nex. Please, come around and join me. There is no need for us to talk so far away." She first gestures to the path around the edge of the pool, then to the seats at the table before her.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

A ghost of a smile crosses Hazreem's face. "Prisoners, eh? It looks like we all have something in common then." He slowly heads down the path towards the offered table.

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

Pae moves to the table a little light goinf off in his mind as he seats himself.."Then it was you who sent the egg and the message Lady.I must say that the manner of our arrival was...somewhat disturbing,though quite exilhirating"

Osirion

He'll detect evil on her when we are close enough.

Giving Mah'ysa's hand a reassuring squeeze, Bahir accompanies her forward seemingly content for the moment just to listen to the conversation.


Walking around the edge of the green pool, you make your way to the table. Efreat, Daumari, Pae, and Hazreem all take seats while Bahir and Mah'ysa remain standing behind. The woman takes a seat herself as she answers your questions.

"I apologize for the method of your arrival, but there was no other way. If you knew the nature of your journey here, would you still have come?" She pauses for a moment as she looks at each of you. "The wizard's magic has bound us here. We have been unable to leave for an untold number of your centuries. We were promised that we'd be released if we created this realm for him, but once we were done he betrayed us and locked us away here instead, forced to only watch our creation from afar. Only recently have we been able to interact with this realm at all. Another powerful wizard from the world outside tore open the portal to this world and imprisoned an army of fire and earth spirits, and in doing so damaged the structures of creation. This damage has allowed myself and my kin to emerge from here, but only for very brief moments. The damage was not enough for us to escape altogether. It was I who came to you as a creature of the sea as I needed to determine what kind of visitors had arrived."

Her face turns to that of sorrow and mourning as she continues, "The most recent tearing of the portal has wrought great strain upon the mind of our leader Thaiyanathan. I have been forced to imprison him for his own safety for he no longer knows friend from foe. Worse, another of my kin has been captured by the earth spirits. Somehow they have managed to hold Magiyawalla such that the wizard's magic does not pull her back here." Her head lowers as these events must weigh heavily on her mind.

As you listen, Bahir concentrates on her with his paladin senses. But he does not sense any evil coming from within her. The other elf Chinoy remains standing silent and motionless at the far end of the pool, keeping vigilant watch.


Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

Mah'ysa nods, gripping Bahir's hand.
"A sad tale to be sure. But first, I see your companion stands vigilant indeed. Is there some kind of threat we should be wary of?" Mah'ysa said artlessly as she glanced back at the other elf, feeling the elf woman out.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"The stories of Nex anre many and varied but none of them ever suggested that he was a pleasant man to know. So the story of your betrayal does not come as any surprise. Do you wish our aid in recovering your comrade or is it a cure for your leader that you seek?"

Osirion

Bahir suddenly adds with some anger evident in his voice, "Yes, we still would have come. We wish...no need to escape this place. Your lack of warnings put us at great danger. We could have secured ourselves to the ship." He sighs and his voice softens, "Even so, we still seem destined to be allies for now. If we are to help one another, I think honesty would do much to further both our agendas." He falls silent and leaves her to answer his friends questions.


She listens intently as you each speak, but is taken aback by Bahir's tone. "I can only travel beyond this prison for about a minute once every so often. There was no time." The annoyance is present in her voice, but she seems to calm down again before continuing. "Since the fire and earth spirits arrived and the portal was torn open, war has broken out in this realm. These spirits began to quarrel with each other and isolated themselves to their islands, both believing that the other side has allied with us. The earth spirits have made it clear that they wish to eliminate us."

After another pause, she addresses Pae. "Since we cannot leave here to recuse Magiyawalla from the earth spirits ourselves, we need someone else to help us. It is our hope that you'd be able to aid us in this manner. While we cannot escape ourselves, we could help you escape back to the world outside. If you can rescue Magiyawalla and slay these elemental spirits, this reward we can give to you."


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem speaks up, "Is there any way these earth spirits will listen to reason, or must they be destroyed?"


Forgot Mah'ysa's Sense Motive...

Mah'ysa:
While everything she is saying seems truthful, you have a sense that something is being withheld.

She seems to hesitate before answering Hazreem. "As long as they are here, I fear we won't be safe. If you are able convince them all to leave with you, then their lives could be spared."

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

"So talk them into leaving or desroy them utterly..it is a stark choice but one I think we are up to and if it is our only way out off this benighted place then we will have to do one or the other.I say Aye"


The halfling tosses his hat into the ring, but everyone else seems a little reluctant. The elven woman sensing this, gets up and walks towards the wall on the right side of this chamber. There, she opens up a small cyst in the wall that you didn't notice was there before. She withdraws an alabaster coffer from the opening and carries it back to the table. "I've collected a few things during our conflicts with the spirits. They mean nothing to us, so if you will aid us in this matter, you can have it all as part of your reward." The coffer itself looks like it could be worth quite a bit of gold.

She opens up the coffer and reveals its contents. She drops onto the table a large, heavy sack laden with coins. A quick glance inside reveals what must be thousands of gold coins. She then brings out an ivory comb, a pair of silver earrings set with silver pearls, a silver medallion, a gold pendant set with a large opal, a single plain gold earring, and a jade box inlaid with gold filigree. Inside the jade box, you find dozens of sticks of incense, various potions and vials, and several wands. She smiles at you as you examine the loot.

She'll let you know that the bottles are one potion of cat's grace, two potions of fly, and three vials of oil of soften earth and stone. The wands are a wand of stone shape, a wand of restoration, and a wand of dimension door.


Wild Shape: Medium Air Elemental Male Human (Desert) Druid 11

Hazreem sighs. "Very well, we will help you. It is not like we have a choice here." When she tells him of the magical items available for a reward, he speaks up. "Those wands and potions would prove very useful in rescuing Magiyawalla from the clutches of the earth spirits. May we borrow them?"

Should she agree, Hazreen would claim the wand of stone shape and the oils.


"As these spirits are creatures of the earth, they are likely to use stone walls instead of locked doors to secure their lair. Therefore, you can take the these vials and this wand to aid in your quest." She hands Hazreem the three vials of oil of soften earth and stone and the wand of stone shape (32 charges).

She glances at the others to see if everyone else also agrees. "If you are ready to head back, all you need to do is walk into the entropy pool behind you and tell me which waypoint in this realm you wish to go to and I will send you there. The earth spirits have claimed the island of Khandelwal as their domain. I would recommend heading there."

5,051 to 5,100 of 7,134 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomackulas's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.