Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sardaukar's Legacy of Fire

Game Master Sardaukar


451 to 500 of 7,120 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

I, too, would be interested in continuing this game.

Additionally, we did level up following the encounter at the monastery; most of that was handled in the Discussion Thread.


Thanks, I'll start using the discussion thread for non-game posts.


We are ready to go...

In the previous post I wrote:

The campaign left off with your group scouting and observing the perimeter of Kelmarane. On the third day you observed a group of six gnolls lead a human prisoner from the battle market to an open square to the west. There they staked the man to the ground and pulled out his intestines and inner organs with red-hot iron tongs. The man's screams could be heard all the way to the Monastery. He was then left there for the vultures to clean up the mess. Later that night another group of gnolls (the same ones?) headed out of the battle market, but this time they led the poor soul out of Kelmarane and into the Pesh fields to the southwest. Instead of killing him, they forced the bound man to his knees while the gnolls began pounding the ground with a large staff. Taking this as an opportunity to finally let the gnolls know that you are here and possibly save another soul from such a horrible death, you jump to your feet and make haste to rescue the man.

Kelmarane is about a mile to a mile and a half north of the Monastery. It is about a mile from your current location to the Pesh fields where the prisoner is located. Making haste, it still takes you over 10 minutes to get there as you are carrying your gear and dodging cactus plants. When you arrive, exhausted from the long hard run, you spot none of the gnolls that were there earlier. You only thing you see is a man laying on the ground ahead of you, arms and legs bound with rope, clothes torn and soiled, and looking very weak.

State your actions

Osirion

Male Halfling Rogue 11

I don't like this my friends..it was almost as if they were summoning something with all that beating on the ground


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

If they did, whatever they summoned was under their control. Else he would no longer be drawing breath. Of course, if he remains as is he may not be long for this world anyway.

Daumari quickly approaches the man, keeping his senses alert for a possible ambush. Kneeling, he uses his scimitar to cut the robe binding the captive's limbs.

OOC:
Did Daumari recognize the gnolls' actions as holding any significance?

Osirion

Following Daumari's lead Bahir approaches them man. His stony face the only current indication of his distaste for the shroud of darkness enveloping the land. He touches a hand to the man's forehead and calls forth Sarenrae's blessing to heal the wounds inflicted by the beating.

Lay Hands On: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

Efreat rushes to the figure and holds his breath as he tries to see if he recognizes the body.
Please....don't be Haleen.


Daumari, worried that the gnolls have summoned a creature that will soon be here, rushes up to the bound man and immediately starts cutting the ropes binding the man's arms and legs while keeping a lookout for trouble. Bahir joins him at his side and focuses his attention on the man's health, providing a healing touch. Aware of your presence, he opens his eyes an looks upon the holy warrior kneeling before him. With a weak smile and voice, he mouths the words "Thank you".

Efreat, concerned that this person may be the one he is searching for, quickly moves closer to get a good look. Whew, it's not her. Meanwhile, Paellat, Hazreem, and Mah'ysa keep a close watch of their surroundings in case there is trouble.

Just as Daumari gets the last of the ropes cut and without warning, he and Bahir both feel a sudden sensation of weightlessness as the ground around them suddenly drops away. Everyone else watching witnesses their two comrades and the now freed man suddenly drop below the ground. This is immediately followed by a five large tentacles rising up above the ground surrounding the area where they just were. Then a large maw appears just above the ground in the middle of all the tentacles.

Dangling out of the creatures mouth is the mighty Bahir. Laying prone at the edge of this giant maw are Daumari and the unidentified man. They were lucky and didn't get swallowed.


Roll Init. State your actions and roll as necessary. Bahir, you are considered grappled. No AO since it has improved grab. I will try to process moves daily about this time of day. I will take basic actions, or continue your previous action, if you fail to post. Use If/Else type actions if you wish to be dependent on someone in init order before you.

Daumari:
You do not recognize any significance to the gnoll's actions prior to this attack. Now you realize they were just calling this creature for some dinner.

Bahir:
You do not have a CMD on your character sheet. I calculated it as 15 for the grapple.


CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

Daumari rolls to his feet, and when he stands his hammers are already swinging. Keeping one of the weapon's heads close for defense, the ranger strikes out with the other at the creature.

OOC:
Daumari will stand from prone, drawing his meteor hammer from his robes as he does. If Behir manages to escape his current predicament before the ranger's turn, Daumari attacks the open maw directly. Otherwise he looks for a weak point away from the paladin and strikes there. He's utilizing his hammers in fortress-style, granting him +1 shield bonus to his AC this round.

Additionally, does Daumari recognize the creature? I gave him a few Knowledge skills; here's hoping they continue to prove beneficial.

Initiative

  • 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

    Move Action
    Stand up from prone
    Ready weapon

    Standard Action
    Melee attack, fortress-style meteor hammer

  • Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
  • Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
  • Osirion

    Taken completely by surprise Bahir quickly attempts to reverse his scimitar with a quick silent prayer to Sarenrae and plunge it into the creature, "Quick get that man away from here and to safety!"

    To hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Well, that misses. Even with whatever the magic scimitar does I am guessing.


    Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

    Mah'ysa will run up to the injured man, then point at the creature and call upon the glory of Saranrae to cast a Fire bolt at it.

    Ranged touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
    Fire damage if hit: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


    Tod.



    Don't forget your init rolls, otherwise I'll roll for you.
    You notice this thing has long tentacles (aka 10ft reach).

    Kratzee wrote:
    Tod.

    Sorry, I'm not familiar with your shorthand.

    Osirion

    Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

    No idea what "tod" means either.


    Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

    Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


    Sardaukar wrote:

    Don't forget your init rolls, otherwise I'll roll for you.
    You notice this thing has long tentacles (aka 10ft reach).

    Kratzee wrote:
    Tod.
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with your shorthand.

    Tod is dot in reverse.

    Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    A thundering crack is heard as a small storm appears within the palm of Hazreem's hand. He releases it at the creature, causing a buffeting wind and sleet to batter its hide.

    Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
    non-lethal Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    .
    Creature is -2 on its attack rolls next round.


    Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

    "Burn!"
    Init then Stand: use elemental ray on creature 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


    Initative Order:


    • Bahir
    • Efreat
    • Daumari
    • Mah'ysa
    • Paellat
    • Hazreem
    • Unidentified Man
    • Creature

    Hanging halfway out of the mouth of the foul creature, Bahir yells to get that man to safety before trying to stab it with his scimitar, but the strange position doesn't give him enough leverage to penetrate the creature tough skin. Efreat yells "Burn" and attempts to send a ray of fire at one of the tentacles moving past him, but it moved too fast and the ray missed. Daumari, having been thrown to the ground by the creatures sudden upward appearance, rolls to his feet causing one of the tentacles to take a swipe at him (AO) but misses. Daumari immediately begins spinning his meteor hammers and strikes the creature just below its maw leaving a huge indentation.

    Mah'ysa runs up to aid the fallen man, but then turns to the foul creature and calls upon her deity to unleash a bolt of fire at it, leaving a scorched area. Paellat (NPC'd) takes a step back out of the creature's reach and unleashes his scorpion whip and strikes the creature dealing 2 pts of damage.

    Suddenly there is a blinding flash in the middle of the night immediately followed by a thunderous crack that echos within this valley as Hazreem lets loose a small storm from the palm of his hands and blasting the creature and buffeting it with wind and rain.

    The unidentified man, now feeling better from the Paladin's healing touch, panics from this huge creature that tossed him aside. Ignoring those around him, he gets up and suddenly takes off with amazing speed. He runs about 80 feet before taking cover behind a cactus.

    The creature, hindered by the pounding wind and rain, swings it's tentacles around and takes strikes at those in range. First tentacle hits Daumari for 5 pts, second hits Efreat for 5 pts, third hits Hazreem for 5 pts, fourth hits Mah'ysa for 5 pts, and the fifth also takes a strike at Mah'ysa but misses. The creatures mouth then opens slightly before closing again, as if it is trying to swallow the tasty morsel it has between it's teeth, but the mighty Paladin manages to hold on and avoids being swallowed. At least for this round.

    Next Round! State your actions and roll as necessary. Bahir, you are still considered grappled.

    Daumari:
    Knowledge(Nature) check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 You recognize this creature as an Aberration called a Dust Digger. It is capable of gliding underground without leaving any indication of it's presence including not leaving holes or tunnels or creating ripples or tremors.

    Paellat:
    It doesn't appear as if your HPs were updated for Level 2. You still list 9 HPs.

    Osirion

    To hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 That's not including a bonus for the sword if there is one but is including my grapple penalty.

    Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Again add whatever the sword does here.

    Seeing the man run to safety Bahir redirects his attention to the creature attempting to swallow him. Taking his scimitar in a reversed grip he attempts to shove it into the softer flesh inside the things mouth.


    CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

    Need help climbing out?

    As he calls to Bahir, the ranger changes his stance slightly and once again strikes with his hammer. This time, however, the strike is followed by another from the weapon's second head.

    OOC:
    Daumari shifts to meteor storm-style and attacks with both hammers, forfeiting his +1 shield bonus to AC. Here's hoping he still manages to inflict some damage.

    Full-Round Action
    Full attack, meteor storm-style meteor hammer

  • Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
  • Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

  • Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
  • Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

  • Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

    Mah'ysa, seeing the man she came to help apparently all right, steps back 5', assumes a defensive stance, and begins to sing an inspirational hymn to the glory of Saranrae.

    Inspire Courage: All allies in hearing range gain +1 morale bonus to charm and fear spells. +1 competence bonus to attacks and damage.


    Hazreem summons another storm burst from his hand, releasing it towards the beast

    Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
    non-lethal Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    .
    Again, creature is -2 on its attack rolls next round.


    Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

    Backing up, Efreat points his finger again. "I said Burn!"
    Move: 5 foot step back
    Stand: Elem ray
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


    Bahir turns his full attention to the creature trying to swallow him and attempts to strike again, but this awkward position he is in just doesn't give him the right angle to attack. Efreat takes a step back and this time targets the bulk of the creature and yells "I said Burn!" as ray of fire emanates from his hands, scorching it.

    Daumari asks Bahir if he needs help while shifting his style and making a pair of attacks. He scores once causing the creature to cry out. Mah'ysa, seeing that the former prisoner has made it to safety, takes a step back, defends herself, and begins singing a hymn of Sarenrae to bolster her comrades.

    Paellat (NPC'd) pulls back his scorpion whip and lashes out again, but comes up short. Another bright flash and loud crack fills the night as Hazreem summons another small storm and unleashes it at the foul creature, continuing to blast it with wind and rain.

    The beast begins trashing back and forth and crying out. Its mouth opens just enough that the holy warrior get tossed out like a rag doll and onto the sandy ground several feet away. It then begins to retreat back into the ground where it came from.


    The creature is retreating. You'll have one more round that you could attack it before it'll be gone. After that we are out of init order. State your actions for within init order and then for afterwords.

    Bashir:
    When you made your last attack, you noticed some green slime had formed around your sword hand, securing the hilt of the scimitar to your hand. After the battle concludes, the slime recedes and you no longer see any evidence of it. Looking at the weapon, you realize that this weapon is of masterwork quality and you can feel a magical aura when you used it. (Magical +1) The only noticeable symbol was the holy symbol of Sarenrae that you noticed earlier. When you used it, you also felt that presence again as if it was guiding you. Unfortunately, you were just in too awkward of a position to use it even with guidance.

    Osirion

    Sardaukar:

    Spoiler:
    Slime, how disturbing. Thanks for letting me know the magical effect and the description. I'll include it all in my future rolls now.

    P.S. No "s", it's just "Bahir" ;)

    Remaining silent, Bahir quickly stands and lashes out with his blade.

    To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 unless it tossed me somewhere where I am getting flank I think thats another miss.

    Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Heh, saving up my good rolls for later obviously.


    CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

    Daumari continues to swing his hammers through the air, before bringing the heavy weapons down in a final strike against the beast.

    OOC:
    Daumari maintains meteor storm-style and attacks with both hammers, in the hopes of inflicting lethal damage against the aberration before it escapes. He's a tad bloodthirsty when he has reason to be.

    Full-Round Action
    Full attack, meteor storm-style meteor hammer

  • Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
  • Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

  • Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
  • Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    EDIT: The Paizo dice roller has never seemed to like this character ...


  • Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

    Mah'ysa is content to let it go. After it is gone, she will go around and check for injuries. Gathering the injured together, she will let the light of Saranrae heal all present.

    Channel Energy (Positive): 1d6 ⇒ 4


    Hazreem watches as the retreating beast buries itself into the earth.

    Osirion

    Male Halfling Rogue 11

    Pae takes a last swing at the best with his whip which is just as ineffectual as all the others

    1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Osirion

    As the other shift around noisily, Bahir stands still as a statue and coc.ks his head to the side, "Stay still. It may have fled or it may just be moving to a better position."


    As the earth creature descends back into the ground from which it came, Bashir, Daumari, and Paellat take a last ditch effort to strike a lethal blow. None of them are successful. After disappearing under the ground, there is not even a trace that the creature had come out of the ground before you. Only your footprints cover the ground.

    Meanwhile, Mah'ysa calls upon Sarenrae to heal those that were injured during this battle. Those that were injured feel better, but not completely. As people start to move around after the battle, Bahir turns his attention to the environment and tells everyone to stay still and ready as the creature may still be out there.

    The battle concluded, the unidentified man stands up from behind the pesh plant and slowly starts moving towards you with a bewildered look on his face. His expression gradually changes to that of a smile and happiness, followed by concern as Bahir indicates that the creature may still be around. He slowly moves toward the center of your group while keeping a look out on the horizon. Though at night, there is significant light being shed by the mostly full moon overhead.

    Now that you actually get a chance to look at this man, you realize that he is different. He doesn't appear to be from around these parts. His skin color is very pale and he has jet black hair. He still has many injuries, but nothing bleeding. He seems malnourished.

    As you listen and wait, the silence is broken but that awful howl coming from the battle market within Kelmarane. Shortly after, the answer comes from the mountains to the northwest. Maybe it is not safe to stay out here.

    State your actions.

    Here's is some additional information that you learned while scouting out the village of Kelmarane over the past three days: (Information that may have been missed by previous DM and for benefit of new players)


    • Every few hours, you noticed a patrol of four gnolls wandering through the ruins. They didn't seem to follow any set path or schedule.
    • There is a ruined structure at the foot of the hill that you think contains a large beast. You weren't able to make out any details, but a squad of about a half-dozen gnolls armed with swords and crossbows bring large hunks of meat to this location about three times a day.
    • Once you caught a group of four gnolls exit the battle market leading a fat goat down the path to a ruined mill on the river. They emerged a few minutes later without the goat.

    I will be maintaining maps and images on this link. Currently I have a map of Kelmarane on there and an image of what the battle market looks like. On the map, I indicated the direction you'll be coming from if you came straight from the Monastery. The red dot indicates the ruined structure you believe contains a large beast. The yellow dot indicates the ruined mill where they took the goat. The large structure in the center is the battle market. Note that the battle market is up on a hill. The road from the Monastery to the river is flat. If you turn left before the river, that heads up hill and eventually makes a switchback to head up further to a plateau where the battle market and surrounding buildings are. I will update the map daily with additional information and a "You are here" sign. One square on the map is 15 feet.

    Bahir:
    Sorry, I must have fat-fingered the "a" key with the "s" and not noticed. At least it wasn't Behir. :)


    Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

    Mah'ysa will approach the man carefully, so as not to frighten him.
    "Sir, can you understand me? I can help you."
    She will check him for injuries.

    Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


    Mah'ysa carefully approaches and says, "Sir, can you understand me? I can help you." He looks directly at her, takes a deep breath as if you calm himself, and says "Yes, of course. I'm am deeply in your debt and the debt of those with you for saving my life. I had practically given up hope. Based on your attire and the symbol around your neck and on your staff, I would presume that you are a cleric or priest of Sarenrae. It is good to meet you. I am Oxvard, a humble cleric of Abadar. Myself and five other companions came here about a week ago. We were explorers from the distant land of Cheliax. We were seeking treasures here in the deserts of Katapesh. But we were quickly overpowered by the gnolls living here and taken prisoner. Most of my fellow comrades have already left this world to meet their maker. They forced me to watch as they killed my friends in the most brutal and savage ways imaginable. I believe one of my friends is still alive. Felliped managed to escape, but I don't think he managed to get out of Kelmarane. He may be hiding in one of the ruins. You have saved my life tonight for which I am eternally grateful, but if you can find Felliped and return him safely then I would be even further in your debt."

    Mah'ysa checks him over and finds that Oxvard is in pretty bad shape. But while he has numerous bruises from repeated beatings, deep cuts that have long since closed which may become infected if not treated, and he appears to be sleep-deprived and malnourished, he doesn't appear to be ill or have any permanent damage. He was probably near his death bed prior to the Paladin's healing touch.


    Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

    Mah'ysa will create water for Oxvard.

    "Yes of course we will keep an eye out for Felliped and with the Dawnflowers grace we will rescue him. You understand we won't be able to search freely? The Gnolls still command the area and we must evade them for the moment. In the meantime you should go to our forward base in the old monastary in that direction." She points. "About a mile."

    She's such a trusting soul.


    CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

    Daumari offer the Abadarian a nod following Mah'ysa's words. Be quick; do not let yourself be recaptured. You would give our presence away, and we would be unlikely to rescue you a second time.

    She's a trusting soul, Daumari just doesn't really care.

    Osirion

    Still wary but more convinced that the creature had learned it's lesson and will not be returning to try and make a meal of such stubborn prey the Paldin approaches the man, "We will do our utmost to find and free your companion. For now we should leave this place because the noise of the battle may have attracted unwanted attention. Can you walk?"

    Bahir will Lay hands on Oxvard twice more: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

    On the way back to the monastary, "Can you describe Felliped so we will know him once we find him?"


    Mah'ysa indicates to Oxvard that they will keep an eye out for Felliped and directs him to their base of operations at the monastery about a mile southeast. Daumari warns Oxvard that he should be quick else he may become captured again. Bahir assures him that they will do their utmost to find Felliped, indicates they are heading back to the monastery, and asks, "Can you walk?" As he provides an additional healing touch. Oxvard replies, "Yes, thanks to you. I would like to stay in your company until we are safe." He still looks in bad shape.

    As everyone starts heading back to the monastery, Bahir asks Oxvard to describe Felliped. "Felliped and I both come from Cheliax. He's a little taller than myself with short black hair and a long mustache. We were apart of a group called the Lions of Senara." He looks towards Mah'ysa as they walk and says, "And he has a wonderful singing voice just like yours."

    Mah'ysa, Daumari, Hazreem, and Paellat:
    You succeeded at a perception check. As you are heading back to the monastery, you find something most unusual out in the middle of the pesh field. You found the burned remains of one of those Pugwampi creatures with a short rope tied as a noose around its neck. When the caravan arrived at the monastery three days ago, you noticed that Dashki, the gnoll expert, had claimed the Pugwampi creature that you had killed while rescuing the goat as his own battle trophy. He had hung it from the tip of his staff using a rope tied as a noose. Earlier today you had noticed him walking around the monastery and that foul creature was no longer hanging from his staff. You didn't give it a second thought at the time.

    As you arrive at the monastery, Almah, Garavel, and two of the pactmasters guards are waiting for your arrival. Almah seems pleased when you walk in. "Thanks be to the Dawnflower for your safe return. I heard that you ran out to save a man's life and the lookout sent down grave reports about a giant creature that appeared." She looks towards Oxvard and says, "I'm glad to see that you are safe. Let me take you to Father Zastoran to get you fixed up. Then I'm sure we will have much to discuss." Turning back to your group, "Excellent work, but I'm sure the gnolls know we are now here. It is time to start taking the offensive. We need to start picking off their forces before they can launch an offensive against us."


    Fem Half-Elven Cleric L10+Bard L1 | HP 67/67 | AC 21 T16F17 CMD24 | Saves F9 R9 W14 | Percep +11 | Endure Elements | Status: Hasted

    "Well, I for one would like to check out the ruined Mill first. It's across the river and seems isolated from the rest of the buildings."


    CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

    I agree, the mill would serve well as the first strike against these beast men. From there we can move further into the settlement, thinning the gnolls' ranks as we travel.


    "Let's get this over with." Hazreem stalks off in the direction of the mill after glaring at Almah for a second.


    Male Human (Keleshite) Sorc (Efreeti) 11 l AC 19(ff17/t14) l F7 l R7 l W9 l HP(76)

    "the mill sounds like a good start." When Oxvard is alone, Efreat approaches him. "I'm looking for someone. A woman named Haleen. Do you know where I might find her?"


    As your group begins discussing among yourself, Almah and her guards gesture for Oxvard to follow them. But before he is able to leave, Efreat stops him and asks, "I'm looking for someone. A woman named Haleen. Do you know where I might find her?" Oxvard responds, "Difficult to say. The only people we ran across, besides gnolls of course, were in the battle market. We fought our way into the center of the first floor, but were quickly surrounded and taken prisoner. As we were dragged away, I do remember catching a glimpse of a woman watching from the shadows, but that's about all I remember. Sorry I can't be of more help." Almah then starts to lead Oxvard away to take him to Father Zastoran, but gets a puzzled look on her face as she realizes that Hazreem is glaring at her. She turns and heads further inside the monastery.

    Meanwhile, everyone else decides that the mill would be a good starting point for the offensive against Kelmarane. It is currently a little past midnight and Hazreem heads out of the monastery, intent on heading directly to the mill.

    I have added a map covering the monastery, Kelmarane, and the Pesh Fields so that you can get an idea on where the city lays in relation to where you are and where the river is. The mill is just across the bridge on the other side of the river.

    Osirion

    Bahir looks unhappy about heading back out into the night but keeps his own council as he quickly catches up with Hazreem.


    CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

    Daumari glaces at the moon, letting his eyes adjust to the darkness away from the monastery before quickening his pace to catch up to Hazreem and Bahir.

    Take your time in reaching the mill; I'm off to scout the location. I will return with any information I find.

    Daumari sprints into the night, intent on reaching the mill ahead of the others. He hopes to remain undetected while scouting the road up to and the area around the building. If he thinks he can move closer without being seen, he'll also attempt to ascertain what may be inside the location. Feel free to make any needed skill checks on my behalf.

    Once he's gathered all he thinks he safely can, the ranger doubles back to meet up with the party once again. If he's discovered he'll attempt to lead pursuers away from the group until they either lose his trail or, if there are only a few following him, he feels he is far enough away to attack his opponents without drawing additional attention.

    Osirion

    Male Halfling Rogue 11

    Pae trails along behind the others his mind occupied with the strange occurences of the day

    Sorry for not being more involved currently ..RL is not being kind just now


    As Hazreem leaves the monastery to head for the mill, Bahir and the others quickly catch up with him. Daumari, just before he begins sprinting into the night, indicates that he will run ahead and scout out the location and will return with information before everyone else reaches Kelmarane.

    Daumari:
    About 10 minutes later, you slow to a walk as you arrive in Kelmarane. The moon casts eerie shadows across the area from the ruined buildings which you try to hide in. As you are working your way towards the mill, you hear several people coming. Quickly hiding (Stealth Check 1d20 + 6 = (17) + 6 = 23), you watch as four gnolls walk past you down the center of the street. You overhear them talking in gnoll, "Do you think he'll ever fight her again?". Another replies "He has to! The way she's been humiliating him like that." A third chimes in, "It's bad enough he was beaten by a women, but a human as well that's tough to take." The last one states, "I just hope someone fights someone, it's getting boring around here." After that, you can no longer make out what they are saying.

    Continuing on, you pass a building on your right that has a sign above the entrance that reads, "AVE MARKET". There might be some letters missing in the front. (Marked on map with a green dot)

    Finally you reach the bridge. On the far side, the wheel of the mill still turns with the flow of the river. As you cross and approach, you realize that this building no longer has a roof and there are many holes from which you can sneak up to look in. (Stealth Check 1d20 + 6 = (2) + 6 = 8) You attempt to sneak up and take a peek inside. Without a roof, the moonlight shines in, illuminating the building. But what you see inside is not what you'd expect inside a mill. Instead of machinery to utilize the rotation of the water wheel, you find that it has been transformed into some kind of large nest. Sitting in that nest is a creature about 4-foot wide. It has the body and antlers of a lean buck, but the wings and hindquarters of an avian predator. You notice a pair of eyes boring into you from the muzzle like that of a wolf. Suddenly it bares it's bloody teeth and stands to reveal razor-sharp talons. It spreads it's wings which are about 11 feet wide.

    Deciding to book it, you flee back towards the monastery at full speed, no longer concerned about stealth. Shortly after you make it across the bridge you notice this large avian taking off from the building and begins circling overhead. The creature's shadow suddenly crosses your path. You are unnerved by this shadow as it is in the shape of a human figure. You are currently approaching the building with the "AVE MARKET" sign.

    Everyone else: You watch Daumari sprint ahead of you, intending to scout ahead. Worried that there might be trouble, you quicken your pace so that Daumari won't have to come back as far. As you near the edge of Kelmarne and would be expecting Daumari to be back at any moment, you notice in the moonlight a large avian take off in the distance directly ahead of you on the other side of Kelmarane. It starts to circle overhead.

    Initiative. State your actions. Remember, the map squares are 15 feet each.


    CG male half-elf inquisitor of Sarenrae 8

    Cursing his blunder, Daumari diverts from the road and turns east into the ruined buildings. He readies his hammers as he begins searching for a position to make his stand that's confined enough to force the creature to ground.

    OOC:
    Daumari heads into the ruins surrounding the building I imagine is/was a slave market. He readies his hammers, utilizing fortress style to benefit from the +1 shield bonus to his AC. He'll only make use of one move action in searching for a favorable combat position, utilizing his standard action to ready an attack should the creature come into range.

    Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

    Move Action Search for favorable combat position, draw weapon
    Standard Action Ready melee attack, fortress-style meteor hammer

  • Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
  • Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

  • "What the-rrrrr." Hazreem curses under his breath as the bird circles them.

    Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

    He wiggles his fingers and mumbles something about fire. Suddenly, a ball of fire appears in his hand and he strikes out towards the flying creature.

    Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
    Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    A part of his flaming hand streaks out into the darkness and towards the creature that is circling them.

    Osirion

    Is there cover near us?

    Squinting in the darkness to try and make out the flying shape better Bahir once again silently curses the night to himself and says, "Well...something has taken an interest in us."

    Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

    Osirion

    Male Halfling Rogue 11

    Pae lifts his hand crossbow and watches the creature..if it comes into effective range he will shoot it

    attack if needed 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

    Damage 1d3 ⇒ 2

    Initiative1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

    451 to 500 of 7,120 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomackulas's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.