Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Sanosuke's Mormont's Gauntlet (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


101 to 150 of 1,347 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shanosuke:
The halfling needs a bag! Does anyone have a bag the halfling will fit in? Anyone?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

For Vivaji:

You are darn close. Ask for some help or offer to help someone else.

for Tam:

I dunno, ask someone. Your the ones whose panicking not me.


Silent rushes off towards the tree-line, remembering some greens the bird-man pointed out earlier. Pulling a few handfuls out, he rushes back to the halfling, pulling away the useless stalks.

Heal AA (DC 10) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)
Tam Hardwick wrote:
"Wait, how was he poisoned? He's been eating and drinking with us, right? Are we poisoned?!? AM I POISONED?!?" Tam starts to breathe shallowly and quickly, clearly panicking.

Joe moves over to try and help calm Tam. "Hey, don't worry little buddy. He's been eatin' his own food. You're gonna be fine." He pats him on the shoulder.


Joe "Mac" MacGillicuddy wrote:
Joe moves over to try and help calm Tam. "Hey, don't worry little buddy. He's been eatin' his own food. You're gonna be fine." He pats him on the shoulder.

Tam begins to breath more normally now. "Right, not our food. Not our food. I miss the ocean. No one gets poisoned in the ocean. Just, you know, occasionally eaten by sharks or drowned or stolen by the fish-men."


"Silent! Give me most of those herbs! In their natural state, they'll never be as potent as mixed and prepared properly. If anyone knows what we're dealing with, it would help!"

Alchemy: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 4 = 10, +4 if Gylwinth knows the poison.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

" Just so you know, plenty of people get poisoned on the seas. Once you run out of water, all that salt water starts looking pretty good, and as soon as you drink some, you're pretty much guaranteed to die. In any case, I'm going to take a look at Levi and see if I can determine what's ailing him.

Shanosuke:

I wouldn't happen to be able to tell if it is a natural poison with a Kn: Nature check, would I? If so, here's my roll 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

I suppose I could try an untrained Heal check as well.1d20 ⇒ 15


Both Martian Level 20 invader

For Eltumal:

Upon observing Levi's symptoms, you come to a startling conclusion. Levi had been bitten by a very potent spider and the venom was melting him from the inside out. It is possible to counter the venom. Thanks to Vivaji and Silent it seems as though Levi is making a comeback. If you tell Gylwinth of your findings, he will be able to concoct an antidote to cure Levi completely.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Jivaji shows Eltumal the various splotches and effects he noticed on the halfling, and why he thought the chalk would work.

Shanosuke & Eltumal:
Hopefully assisting Eltumal on his assessment from my roll earlier


Male Elf Alchemist 2

"Gylwinth, quickly, this is one of the most potent spider-bites I've ever seen. We need to make an antidote, and quickly."

Craft:Alchemy to make the Antidote1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Eltumal Woodsoul wrote:


Craft:Alchemy to make the Antidote1d20+9

Holy crap! Well let's say the Gylwinth helps you out. Between the two of you, you are able to produce the perfect antidote for the job. Levi is saved though he passes out from shear exhaustion. Congrats guys. You saved his life.

Not long after Levi passed out, you all hear a gut-wrenching roar come from not far too the west. It wont be long before your camp is discovered by some of the more enormous and hungry wildlife. It may be time to move.


Silent looks in the direction of the roar then turns to Eltumal.

Sign Language:
"It may be time to move." :D

Then he jogs over and picks up his spear and pack.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

" The mega-fauna are on the way. We need to get our stuff packed, and be on our way. Joe, do you think you could carry Levi? That would help a lot.Agreed, Silent. If you could carry Tam, that would be helpful as well."

Yeah, I saw the roll and IRL I was like, "Hell yeah. If I didn't save his life, it's DM fiat. xD


Male City Elf Wizard 1st

Aldo shudders at the roar and moves quickly to pack up.'What of the halfling? Perhaps your beast of burden could carry him Jivaji"


The young man shrugs, then turns and tosses his spear to Jivaji, pointing to the bird-man's mule. He then jogs over to Tam as he pulls out his strange, curved blade, reaching one arm down in an offer to the short-legged halfling.

Tam does notice Silent has a bit of reluctance that wasn't there the day before… or, more accurately, before Tam changed into the ape-thing.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)
Eltumal Woodsoul wrote:
" Just so you know, plenty of people get poisoned on the seas. Once you run out of water, all that salt water starts looking pretty good, and as soon as you drink some, you're pretty much guaranteed to die. In any case, I'm going to take a look at Levi and see if I can determine what's ailing him.

Joe looks at Eltumal with a confused look, wondering how that bit of information helps, then shrugs.

"I can carry the little guy. He won't weigh me down a bit." Joe will move to pick Levi up and throw him over his shoulders. "Alright, what are we waitin' for?" He says with a big smile. "Let's get to scootin' fellas."


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Just so you know, it was just to show that the dangers of poison, be they natural or chemical, are found everywhere.


Silent, the boy wrote:

The young man shrugs, then turns and tosses his spear to Jivaji, pointing to the bird-man's mule. He then jogs over to Tam as he pulls out his strange, curved blade, reaching one arm down in an offer to the short-legged halfling.

Tam does notice Silent has a bit of reluctance that wasn't there the day before… or, more accurately, before Tam changed into the ape-thing.

Tam, finally breathing normally, takes the offered arm and climbs aboard, again drawing the crossbow. He notices the reluctance and sighs. In a low voice he says, "It's... It's not all bad. It protects me. It's just alien. Not like us, but a part of me, you know? Some dark place where I ... where I can do the things that I need to do." Tam sighs.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

When Joe tosses Levi over his shoulder a map case falls out of the little guys pack. It pops open and several maps slide out.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Eltumal will pick up the maps, give them a cursory glance, put them back in the case, and put it in his bag for the time being.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You need to pick a direction. The fog is to the north, monsters to the west and south.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Sorry. I really didn't mean nothing by it. It was actually quite funny. Joe's here trying to help him calm and Eltumal bust out with a straight face, "Hey, don't worry, you can get posioned and die from anywhere." Still makes me laugh. That's comedy movie material. Good stuff, dude. :)

Seeing the item hit the ground and Eltumal pick it up, "What the heck is that?"


Nye watches as the strange Halfling is tended to. "I am with you...Tam is it? The sea would have been better. Care for a drink? You look like you could use it." Nye swigs some more ale then offers the keg to Tam.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Jivaji returns with his animals untied.
"No time to read. Let us be swift friends!"

Jivaji takes just a few moments to scoop large handfuls of dirt over the dying embers of the campfire.
"Joe, thank you for carrying him. I could have put him on the donkey, but without the proper straps he surely would fall off. Damn! we need him awake. By the sound of the " another roar shaking the smaller limbs of the trees, conveniently timed, echoes from the southwest "...East! East again! Always to the East!"


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Oh no, it's fine. Glad to see it was well received. I thought it was funny while I was writing it, so I'm glad somebody laughed.

" It's a case with some maps inside. Not really a concern right now, we need to get moving. I agree with Jivaji. We need to get going, and East seems like the best direction."


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"What are we waitin' for. Let's get a movin'!" He says with a smile as he waits for one who is better at leading the way, with Levi draped over his shoulders. "I'd best not go first. I ain't real familiar with jungle terrain." He lets them know.

Noticing Nye continuing to take swigs from his flask, "Hey Nye buddy, you know if you keep drinking that, it's all gonna be gone real soon. Why don't you put it away for a while. I'd sure hate for you to pass out with some creature right on our tail." He tries to convince him.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Noticing Joe's hesitation, Jivaji nods his head.
"I guess trail is trail. I'll cut the best I can."
Once and if everyone settles on heading out, Jivaji will draw his sword to cut trail with, and hold the reins to both animals in his other hand. Once we leave, and in whichever direction: Chopping out the high branches and leaves with the heavy blade, and letting the half-ton of beast trample down the brush behind him, Jivaji clears out a pretty easy-going trail in no time.

any rolls needed for that Shanosuke? At this point I think we're just trying to get the heck out of dodge as fast as possible. A sneaky getaway isn't on today's agenda.


Tam Hardwick wrote:
. He notices the reluctance and sighs. In a low voice he says, "It's... It's not all bad. It protects me. It's just alien. Not like us, but a part of me, you know? Some dark place where I ... where I can do the things that I need to do." Tam sighs.

The words seem to root the young man in place for a few moments, his golden eyes searching desperately across the features of the halfling perched on his shoulders. Tam can't tell what Silent sees in his search, but the young man finally shakes himself from his rooted spot. He fishes for his slate-board and chalk, his hands hastily scrawling a few words.

Silent wrote:
Later, when safe, we'll talk.

Stuffing the board back in his pack, he nods once as he cranes his eyes back up to make sure the halfling agrees.

The drinking elf interrupts his thoughts, and irritation flashes across his young features. With one hitch of his shoulders to make sure the halfling and both of their gear is in place and secure, Silent hefts his blade in one hand and gives Tam a questioning thumbs-up gesture, readying for whatever run lies ahead.

Then he heads to the front of the group, offering to help trail-blaze for the next leg of their flight.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2
Silent, the boy wrote:
Then he heads to the front of the group, offering to help trail-blaze for the next leg of their flight.

Jivaji will welcome the relief. Should help the group move faster, which definitely makes him feel safer.


Sure... Once the party is over, I get stuck with the dishes...

Gylwinth quickly packs his kit and hurries behind the rest of the group.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

At this point I presume you all head eastward.

You cut your way through the think brush and the roars of the wildlife seem to be all around. After several hours of hiking, I need the leader/s to make me perception checks.Please fail. It's more fun that way *snicker*


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

I guess that would be me, Silent, Tam? 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Perception: Just in case. Would be close to front, just not in front. Figure I would be behind the Birdman and Silent. For what it's worth. :) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10.
Also, Tam's on Silent's shoulders... does he get one?
Also, what does Silent's nose tell him?


As they move, Silent takes a moment to flag down Eltumal.

Sign Language:
"Does anyone know what kind of creatures follow us? Are they the same creatures?"

Then he continues hacking away limbs to keep the party moving forward.

Shanosuke:
Given the circumstances, i figure it's unlikely, but what are the chances that Silent would recognize the growls and roars as wolf? :)


Just in case: perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Both Martian Level 20 invader

As you guys are traveling, you notice the leaders of the group stopping suddenly as if they had run into something.

For Anyone who scored a 15 on their perception. Leaders only:

As you are making your way through the brush, you notice some of the plants are start to stick to you. Fortunately you notice this before you go too far. The plants and trees ahead seem to be covered in a white sticky substance. Knowledge Nature will allow you to recognize it.

Everyone Else can make a perception check to see what everyone is stopping for.

Score of 15 for everyone else:

You notice that the leaders are struggling with some sort of white sticky substance all over the vegetation. Knowledge nature to recognize

Anyone who scores a 20 on their perception:

Your ears are sharp and you think that some ways ahead you hear the sound of a female scream though is sounds as though it is gurgling on something.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Jivaji reaches over with the reined hand to remove an impressive buildup of vegetation from his weapon. It doesn't come off easily, but when it does, it sticks to his hands and the reins. After which half of it gets caught in the bridle when Fazmir snuffles the wad of plantlife, looking for a snack.
As a parent would talk to a child "Fazmir, no! Don't eat that, it's... wait what the hell is it?"
Kn(Nature) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Nye follows along the line of misfit adventures dragging his feet and complaining often about how much his feet wouldn't be hurting right now if they had only taken a ship. When the front of the line slows he peers ahead trying to see what is happening.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"Why are we stop...?" Joe stops in midsentence as he notices the guys up front have run into something. Joe shrugs, unable to figure out what the heck the strange stuff is. "You think we can cut our way through this mess? Or maybe we ought to just go on around it?"


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Perception Check1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Kn: Nature to recognize1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"Hmm..." You can almost hear the gears whirring in the elf's head.

"Did you hear that? It sounds like a woman needs help. It almost sounds as if... she's gurgling?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Knowledge of 20:

It is spider webbing. You are certain. Ahead must be one large spider to produce this much webbing

for anyone with a knowledge and perception of 20:

You know that for a fact. Most spiders don't kill their prey. Whatever made that scream may still be alive.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

"This is spider webbing, and I'm willing to bet that woman is the spider's newest victim. This has got to be a giant spider to produce this much web. We've got two choices. We can go and try to save this woman, or we can save our own skins. Personally, I don't want to endanger us, and would like to move on without trying to save her."


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Jivaji throws back the left side of his cloak to sheath his sword, but on looking at the mess on his blade, decides instead to chop the sword into a thick tree trunk, where it solidly wedges in.
"I didn't hear anything, but Eltumal is right, this is one big spider. I trust no one is afraid of spiders?" he swallows hard.

He pulls around to the side of Fazmir and draws his longbow out of the pouch secured to the saddle. Returning to the tree that now acts as a sword rest, Jivaji calls out to the rest "Well gentlemen. We might be too far in to escape. I have no idea how fast a spider of this size is, but if we've got her attention, and if we're in the web I'm sure we do, we're going to find out exactly how fast she is. Unless she decides to focus on one meal at a time."
Despite his seemingly rational reasoning, Jivaji seems to be awfully jittery, and seems to be panting a lot. His eyes dart all over the jungle canopy in nervous, staccato flashes of motion.


Jivaji Varesh wrote:


"I didn't hear anything, but Eltumal is right, this is one big spider. I trust no one is afraid of spiders?" he swallows hard.

"Who in their right mind ISN'T afraid of a spider that big?" Tam mutters, but keeps his eyes and his crossbow scanning the trees.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

"Wait! You have all seen a spider scurry when something larger than it gets caught in its web. It uses its web to feel what's fallen in. Surely this spider must fear larger animals. Or at least what it THINKS are larger animals... Hmmm" Jivaji looks around to locate a tree small enough to fell quickly, but large enough to disrupt the web. Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Jivaji pulls his rope and a saw out of a toolkit stored in the donkey's cargo.
"All I have is this saw, it wouldn't be fast enough, we would need something with a bit more kick... what do you think gentlemen? Do we have any other options? I can hitch my animals together and run the rope around a larger tree in half a minute. If we can just cut through the tree fast enough!"

Edit: proofreading for the win


Both Martian Level 20 invader

There are several trees of decent size that would serve Vivaji's purposes. Neat idea


The young man smiles at Tam's muttering, though his eyes search the trail behind then.

Is there still sounds of pursuit behind us? Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Newly emerged phobia for Jivaji: Bugs large enough to eat him. Ironic, since he wouldn't have many qualms about dining on the arthropods himself.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"I HATE spiders. But I sure ain't leaving no woman to die at the chittering of one. My daddy had a saying about such things. He always said, "Son, if it's chittering...kill it." Wise man my daddy." He concludes as he places Levi down on the ground carefully. "If one o' you fellas could watch over 'im, I'm gonna see to helping Jivaji to bring this spider on out." Moving over to be able to be of more use, "Alright, Jivaji, you get your horses hitched and ready and I can do the sawing if want me to." He offers.

101 to 150 of 1,347 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sanosuke's Mormont's Gauntlet All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.