Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Sanosuke's Mormont's Gauntlet (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,347 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Elf Alchemist 2

Elven:You are interested in the turned?

At Lelorenil's questioning, Eltumal brings down the collar on his neck, showing the bite marks. Freed? Yes, she's fed.


Male Elf Cleric 2

Elven:"Who would not be? They are so mysterious. I learned much from Mother, though I'd care to know more."

At the sight of the marks, Lelo gasps and his face goes pale(r than normal).
Elven:"You fool, she will own and destroy you should you let her drink of you!"


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Elven:I'm not dead yet, Lelorenil. As far as I can tell, other than being of a bit weaker constitution than I was before, there are no consequences. At least, not yet. Hopefully it doesn't become a habit. Last time was difficult enough.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Lelorenil, as you examine Amy you notice the features akin to a vampire are present but one. Devilish pride and nobility. This girl seems a good mixture of scared and ashamed. She permits the touch but shakes noticeably as you do.

Ofal sighs scratching his neck and pulling back his collar to reveal bite marks similar to Eltumal's, only cleaner. "The Vampires were here before we showed up. Once we realized we could not escape this jungle we set up camp. Years ago me and a few others stumbled on the vampires while exploring. Seems they are stuck here too unable to escape. Rather than kill us, they made a deal with us to keep the hazards of the jungle away in exchange for their choice in blood. Whenever they make an order, we prep the victims. Usually by holding a festival or some kind of party. We drug the intended victims and leave them out for the vampires to feed. The vampires had promised that no one would be killed or turned and so long as we kept this up, we would be spared the horrors of the jungle. I and a few others are the only ones aware that we are protected by vampires. Now this has happened and I am at a loss for what to do. If the vampires wont take her then I have no options. She could be discovered here and that might cause a panic of sorts and a conflict of moral beliefs. Things are bad. I am curious about your thoughts on the matter. What have you to say?"


Male Elf Alchemist 2

This is indeed a strange set of circumstances. I'm not entirely sure what to do in this situation. Amy, my promise to you does, however, still stand, just so you are sure.


"Um, what is going on here?" Tam looks a little worried at all the elven talk and bloodletting.


Male Elf Cleric 2

Elven:"Yet is correct, you're playing with dangerous forces. Be careful...I do not wish to lose new companions to something I cannot heal."

After listening intently to Ofal's story of how this camp has survived so long, Lelo closes his eyes and nods solemnly.
"It may not be the most moral thing to do, but if you say there is no true harm done, then you have my approval and support. I wish I could help at all, but I have no way to hide Amy from the village, I am sorry."

After bowing to Ofal, Lelo turns and lays a hand on Amy's shoulder gently, leaning in close to whisper to her ear.
Perception DC15:"I cannot cure you, but I can tell you what I know, if you wish to ask."

EDIT: Damn, I've been calling the leader Olaf this entire time...


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Nothing to worry about, Tam. Just some conversation concerning past events.

Elven:I'll keep it in mind.

Tam, there's been no bloodletting. Ofal and I have shown bite marks, but that's it.

You are correct, Lelorenil. There doesn't seem to be a way to hide Amy other than by simply taking her out of and away from the village.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 So close.


Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Tam knows there's been bloodletting, but the comparing of tooth marks and talk of sacrificial victims has him all worried.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Ofal thinks for a moment. "Well I suppose we could try asking Markavious to take her but that family is already stressed as it is. I don't know if they will accept her. But it's worth a shot. I will accompany you as they will let me get close."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Hello? Where have all my players gone? I've posted so it's your turn.


Male Elf Cleric 2

Lelo is here, he's waiting on a response from Amy, and kind of ignoring anything else that people are saying that isn't directly to him. How often does a level 2 necromancer get to meet a vampire that isn't trying to insta-kill him? :)

Perception DC15
He'll continue to whisper in her ear, with more of a sense of urgency than before. "Would you answer some questions for me? How were you turned? How long did it take? Was it painful, or pleasurable?"


Tam's not one to take charge, especially in front of others. He's around, but keeping quiet.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Sorry.

Very well then. Let's meet this Markavious then.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"Well alright. Sounds good to me. I'm ready to go see this Markavious fella."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

.....Okay I guess we'll just go with that then. Only four of you left huh?

Okay Ofal nods. So your ready to head out now huh? Let me get my things." Ofal heads in and packs a bag with a few things and leads the way. You guys venture into the woods.

I need perceptions from you folks.


Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Elf Cleric 2

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Lelo will keep his distance from the group, his eyes drooping down as if he is half-asleep as he walks through the jungle with the party. He will perk up and try to ask as many questions if any of the main party or Amy speaks to him, especially the Darpuul survivors about how they've fared out here.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Gah!!! I could've sworn I rolled this already. My bad. Sorry fellas.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Are we waiting for anything?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Your waiting on me to get off my lazy ass and post. Been so tired lately.

Amy is quiet for the most part. She is still coping with being a vampire but if anyone tries to talk to her she will talk a bit. You really have to push with her. Can't just give up....unless you just don't care.

At this moment, All of you, notice several undead moving around up a head. Amy pauses but Ofal doesn't seem to notice. He is still heading straight into the bunch.

Your best guess is there are six to eight undead, you are not exactly sure what what kinds they are but you know the sounds and smells.

What do you do?


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Are they seemingly the mindless type we've fought before?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

They seem to be stalking you. Which implies a form of intelligent thought.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"Hey fellas. Y'all see what I see?" Joe asks as he takes his switchscythe out and hits the release switch, allowing the blade to pop out. "I think we've got ourselves some company. WHOOO! I've been itchin' for a fight!" He smiles as he readies himself.

As far as Joe is concerned... we fight. That's what he wants to do, anyway. Unless of course one of you others have a compelling argument not to.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Yeah, I see em.

Hey Ofal, we've got company.

Eltumal keeps his hand on his longsword, although he doesn't draw it yet.


Male Elf Cleric 2

Lelorenil clutches a hand to his companion's arm, visibly shivering in fear. All conversation that he had been trying to have with Amy throughout the walk here has come to a complete stop, and he readies an action to cast Shield of Faith on himself.

He whispers to her in a harsh language, his voice holding the flames of the tongue itself, and gives a veiled command.
Abyssal:"They're going to take you from me again, don't let them!"


Tam shivers and moves closer to Joe, his hands starting to twitch.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all have seen these before. They are Juju Zombies.
They are 40 feet away.
Your first and they are second.
Post your actions.
Remeber: You go in the order of your posting so whoever posts first this round goes first this round.

Lorenil:

Amy seems started by your language but instinctively cowers behind you as you have suddenly become her protector


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Eltumal will toss a bomb at the nearest zombie.

Bomb Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 = 16

bomb Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Zombies don't like the science elf now.


Male Elf Cleric 2

I was whispering to my Corpse Companion in Abyssal, not Amy, sorry for any confusion my wording caused. No problems if she heard me, though, it's relatively unimportant.

Lelorenil gasps in a mixture of horror and acknowledgement, quickly stammering in an airy tone as he touches his hands to Amy's.
Celestial: "Nethys protect her, as we serve you and strive to discover all!"
Casting Shield of Faith on Amy, increasing her AC by 4.

As his spell is cast, the constant presence that is Morgan draws her blade and takes a step so that Amy is now between her and Lelorenil.
Morgan readies an action to take a swing at any zombie that approaches the three of us

Lelorenil releases one of Amy's hands, and turns as he draws his longsword with the other. Though his hands shake, his face is stern and determined to protect her.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Keep in mind, Shano, Reflex DC 15 for any adjacent zombies, or 5 damage. 2 if they make it.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

She's already drank my blood, and toled her I'd protect her, and she's right on the kid? Bah! Women, I tells ya.


Tam cowers and loads his crossbow, taking aim at the nearest zombie.

Attack! 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Joe holds his position waiting for them to come to him; his blade ready to cut one down.

Ready action to attack as soon as they draw near enough.

Readied attack roll:

Mwk. SwitchScythe w/PA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (4, 3) + 10 = 17


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay the Zombies move in to attack.
Joe promptly kills one and several others burn at Eltumal's firery inferno, doesn't kill any. The foes have moved up to engage Joe and Eltumal as Ofal and Amy pull back.

3 attacks on Joe and 2 on Eltumal.

1 hits Joe for 5 damage

1 hits Eltumal for seven.

Ofal draws a swords and holds to see what you do. Amy is scared spitless.

Your turns


Male Elf Alchemist 2

[1/8hp]

Eltumal nearly goes down with the solid hit, and he takes a step back to drink an extract of CLW before drawing his longsword.[5 foot step, followed by other actions.]

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Back to full.

Need a little help here, please and thank you.

Edit: He doesn't have any CLWs prepared. I usually have at least one on Alchies, so I just assumed. He's at 1/8. His actions instead are as follows:

Eltumal draws his longsword, attacking the zombie that hit him.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Need a little help here, please and thank you.

There we go.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"We'll get 'em, Eltumal ol' buddy! Hang on!" Joe hollers as he promptly swings at another one.

Mwk. SwitchScythe w/PA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Missing horribly, "You may have to hang on a while! Sorry, buddy!"


Tam stumbles backward and awkwardly summons a fire beetle to attack the thing attacking Eltumal!

Fire beetle attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Elf Cleric 2

None of them come up near Morgan? Disappoint </3 Oh well.
Morgan takes a charge attack at any zombies that are between Lelorenil and Eltumal. If none would get an AoO on Lelorenil via a move from where he is at to Eltumal, then the attack goes to the nearest zombie elsewhere.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

After Morgan clears the way with her sweeping blade, Lelorenil rushes to Eltumal's side, grasping a hold of the other elf's hand with his own glowing fingers.
Elven: "Calm yourself, I am here."
Dropping Bane for a Spontaneous cast of Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Seeing that Morgan has moved away from the young vampire, Lelorenil shouts in a very angry and authoritative tone to secret-skeleton: "Return to her side and keep her from harm!"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Between eltumal and Morgan, another zombie goes down leaving one on Eltumal. It attacks Morgan scoring a hit for 8 points of damage

The other three continue on Joe. One more hit for 7 damage.

Your turns.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Eltumal takes another whack at it.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Crit Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


The beetle scrambles over to attack another zombie!

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Tam reloads and fires his crossbow again!
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Firing into melee!
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"Aw dang!" Joe hollers from being hit. "Alright dadgummit, my turn!"

Mwk. SwitchScythe w/PA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (3, 1) + 10 = 14

Hp's 11


Male Elf Cleric 2

Morgan seems to register Lelorenil's command, and turns quickly, rushing at whatever zombie is closest to Amy and Ofal.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Fail.
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lelorenil readies an action to swing his blade at any zombie that comes within reach, unless there is already one within reach or within 5' step range.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Not too great...

Status:
Lelo's HP: 16/16
Lelo's AC: 17/11/16
Morgan's HP: 1/9
Morgan's AC: 19/11/18
Spells cast: Bless, Shield of Faith


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Ofal is no where insight as Amy stands frightened by herself as the creepy woman accompanying the new boy approaches, she clings to it.

The Zombie that struck Morgan falls to a mighty blow from Eltumal's blade.

Joe strikes one of his three foes hard but though it is badly hurt the zombie still stands ready to continue the fight.

Joe takes yet another hit Three attacks and only one seems to get through. Joe takes 9 damage.

Suddenly behind one of the Zombies on Joe, Ofal appears with a shortsword in hand. He slashes a fresh Zombie from behind and drops it.

None of Tam's shots score :(

Your turns. Two are left and one is severely injured. Way I see the map, none of you can reach Joe without making a move action.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Eltumal, the threat gone from him, throws a bomb, hitting the fresh zombie, and if possible, catching the other in the blast.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23+1 if within 30 feet.

1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 +1 if within 30 feet.

Take out the squares Ofal and Joe are in with Precise Bombs, 5 points of damage to anything else adjacent, DC 15 reflex save for half, +1 damage if main target is within 30 feet.


Male Elf Cleric 2

Hearing Mister MacGillicuddy's groans of pain, Lelo rushes to his side, shrugging back from the quick flash of fire before laying his hand upon the man's shoulder.
Dropping Bless to cast Cure Light Wounds on Joe, curing 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 points of damage.
"I could have sworn I told you all that I wasn't going to lose anyone else!" He says with a chuckle, his voice slightly out of breath.

On the other side of the battlefield, Morgan once more takes a guarded position next to Amy.
Readied action to strike once more.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


The beetle continues to attack!
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Tam reloads and attacks as well!
Attack w/crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 shooting into melee taken into account
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Confirmation of crit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Extra damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,347 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sanosuke's Mormont's Gauntlet All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.