Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Sanosuke's Mormont's Gauntlet (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,347 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Elf Alchemist 2

No, no, there's no need to kill you. You didn't kill me, did you?


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"She dadgum nearly did kill you." Joe mutters under his breath just before he clears his throat rather loudly. "Sorry." He puts a hand up to show he's alright.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Jivaji, ever the skeptic, trains his keen eyes on the girl.

Sense Motive (what's her deal?) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"If what she says is true, she may not be able to control her urges. If any of us were starving we would attack our prey just as viciously. It it perhaps wise to keep her bound for now? For her own safety, of course."


Male Elf Alchemist 2

I think her deal is that she's a vampire. :/

I realize that may be true, but I figure the next urge won't be for a while, and in the meantime, we can talk in a civilized manner without bindings or whatnot.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

She waits quietly for your decision.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

"Very well, my elven friend, you certainly have cause to be the most offended. I'm sure no one will object, of course, if we remain cautious." He asserts this matter-of-factly and retrieves his bow, knocks an arrow, and sits so that he may still draw if necessary.

"What can you tell us about these other vampires? There must be some sort of order or leadership. What do they do when not feeding on innocent young women?"


Silent watches the exchange, but his eyes never stray far from the girl.

:: I think it's foolish to let her out. Javi's right. She nearly killed Eltumal. And we don't know what she's truly capable of. Maybe she's in control, but there's no harm in being careful. I say keep her bound until she's proven that she's more than a blood-thirsty monster. ::


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"Well I ain't unbindin' her. I don't want her to be eatin' on me." He turns to the girl. "You know, you shor' don't seem all that dangerous. I bet you're a pretty okay lady, honestly. Well, if it weren't for all the tryin' to eat us and such. I'm sorry you're one of them vampire people who does have to eat people. I wish there was somethin' we could do to fix that for ya." He scratches the back of his head as he turns away, feeling a bit sorry for the girl.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Eltumal looks to the girls, shrugging. "I tried. Maybe if you prove that you can control yourself, they'll let me untie you? In any case, we may be able to find a substitute meal after all. You haven't eaten from anything out here, have you? Most of the small wildlife would be rather unappealing to you, and you're afraid of the megafauna, correct? Maybe, if we find some reasonable food, you can sustain yourself on the blood of animals, instead of human."


Silent continues to think on all the revelations. So we have one daughter. A second one at large, and we don't know where the father is. Also don't know about these other vampires.

He looks around the group, hands flashing.

Im assuming someone will translate.

:: So have you seen your sister or father recently? And how about these other vampires? Is any of the townsfolk aware of their presence and roll with the village? ::


Male Elf Alchemist 2

I'll translate for you, Amy.

And I will proceed to do so.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

At the mention of control Amy weeps. "I have only been a vampire a few days. I don't know how it works or how to get in to see the others or even to find my sister. I honestly can't promise myself if I can keep control."

At the questions regarding food. "I don't know. I was unable to catch anything and was not willing to return home because I knew I'd give into this hunger and hurt people, like I did you."

She sigh. "Last time I saw my sister she killed me. I later woke up as this. I last saw my father at the village. I am pretty sure Ofal knows about these vampires. They are a family I don't know how big though. I only got a few answers out of my sister before she did this. I only know that the family and my sister are on the other side of this wall. I have been looking for a way in for days but have been unable to find one." She sighs once more. [B]"That is all I know. You should not untie me. I don't know what I will do. The hunger is gone for now but it could come back. When I saw you all sleeping I was actually trying to sneak up on you to......f....feed." She looks sick as she says that. "Plus I bit your friend. I can't control it. It is all so new to me. You should just kill me. " She starts crying again


Silent stands, wiping his hands off.

:: Whatever we do, we should rest up some more. Eltumal will need to recover a bit before we risk anything more dangerous than a round of drinks. ::

He motions over to Javaji.

:: You up for some hunting? Try to get some live game for the girl. Probably be safest for all of us if she had some blood in her system that wasn't ours. ::


The demon ape wanders over to the conversation. Making huffing noises it climbs up the wall, Taking 10 for a 21, then mimes pulling a rope while grunting, then dropping something on the other side. It then climbs down and pokes at the ropes binding the vampire, stopping to tilt its head at the group quizzically.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

"There is no need to kill you. As long as you maintain a desire for self-control, I think we will be ok. Since you believe yourself incapable of control at this point, I think it best we heed your warning."

Jivaji inhales deeply, puffing out his feathered neck for a moment, then sighs slowly.

"Now, with that out of the way, you say you've been searching around this wall here. What can you tell us about it? How large are the grouns?"


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Joe stares at the ape, trying to determine what he's trying to say. "Hey fellas, I think our little ape buddy has an idea. I think he's sayin', that, we ought to climb the rope up, and drop something on the other side." As he continues to study the ape's movements, "Wait a minute--Y'all think he wants us to drop the girl on the other side? Y'all think that's what he's talkin' 'bout?"


YOu want us to piñata her?! o.O


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Wall is a DC 25 to climb

"I have not found a way past the wall. I don't know how to get in."


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

"Well, we can continue to attempt this climb in the dark, or we could wait until morning." With that, Jivaji pauses, turns to the girl, and asks, "Wait, you were hunting at night. Are you and the rest of these vampires nocturnal? If so, we would benefit from waiting until light, however what would we do with the girl?" The last statement and question seem almost rhetorical.

"Well, if we choose to wait until morning, we can attempt to hunt live game for Amy, otherwise we should be on our way over this wall. Between Tam and our copious amount of rope, we should make short work of it."


:: I say we wait til morning. Jivaji, we go hunting? ::


Male Elf Alchemist 2

::Morning it is. If you guys go hunting, I'll stay back here with Joe and Amy.::


In the morning Tam will reluctantly let the Demon Ape go, keeping a close eye on the vampiress.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"I'm with morning too." Joe then turns to the girl, remembering some of the folklore he'd heard about the walking dead. "Hey fellas, don't the sun hurt all these dead folk that ain't dead?"


Male Elf Alchemist 2

I dunno. I'm not too familiar with them.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Joe shrugs. "I guess those were just stories then," he says as he prepares to camp for the night.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Most stories begin with a grain of truth, so you may be correct. Amy, do you have any idea how the sun affects you?

Are we even in an area that would be in direct sunlight? We're in a jungle, so the canopy is incredibly thick in, I wold think, most of the place.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Joe stops what he's doing and turns back to the conversation. "You know, I don't know why I didn't think o' just askin' her. Dumb me." He smiles with a shake of his head at his own silliness. "Yeah, does the sun hurt all you dead folk who ain't dead?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

"The sun burns yes. I don't know if it will kill me, never stood out long enough to know. Thankfully the jungle lets little sunlight in so it is easy to get around without being burned."

I think you forgot you had already made camp. This stuff happened on Silent's watch.

The rest of the night goes on without incident and the next day rolls around. Sure enough little sunlight show through the trees.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Jivaji throws his cloak over the girl, then sets out for the hunt.

"Let's see if we can find her something quickly, then attempt this wall?"

Hunting: Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Survival 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Do I know of any alchemical lotions/ointments I could theoretically make to protect her from the Sun? Craft Alchemy, if it helps:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Alright then. I'll stay here with her. I've got some brewing to do anyway.

Eltumal, in the morning, brews a Strength Mutagen, and instead of Reduce Person, he brews Enlarge Person.


Silent -- in wolf form -- accompanies Jivaji in a quest for something more suitable than one of the party members for the poor starving vampire to eat. He'll do his best to bring it back as undamaged and close to alive as possible.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"You fellas go on. I'll hang on back here with Eltumal." Joe finds a seat as he keeps an eye on the vampire girl.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2
Silent, the beast wrote:
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Man, quiet we ain't.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

lol! You guys might as well have a one-man band following you. ;)


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry for the abense. Mass Effect 3. You know how it is.

Okay Silent and Jivaji head out for food.

Silent and Jivaji:

As you guys wander looking for food the ruckus you make alerts something big. A roar and you are able to spot it. An Allosaurus. Not a big one but still. He looks hungery and appears to have spotted you. He moves in for the kill. He movs within fifteen feet of you. Your turn.


Jivaji/Shano:
Silent's hands flash quickly.

:: Back to camp. Run. No straight route. I'll draw him away! ::

Then Silent's form shifts, and four paws rest on the soil. The wolf stands defensively, teeth flashing and fur standing. Every muscle in his body is poised to dodge as he snarls and barks viciously at the much larger animal.

Going to wolf form, then going full defensive with one step towards the dinosaur. (This is a big kind, right?)
Free action to basically bark and challenge the thing, trying to get its attention to Jivaji can get warning back to camp.
AC 24 (full defense)
CMD 26 (30 vs trip; 28 vs. grapple)


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Silent/Shano:
Kn: Nature 1d120 + 6 ⇒ (98) + 6 = 104 Can we even outrun this thing?
Jivaji splits rank from Silent, hauling tail-feathers in the opposite direction. He weaves in and out of denser trees to put tight quarters between him and the giant beast.


Jivaji/Shano:
I don't know, and I'm not even sure how big it is. But either way, I think Silent is better equipped to try to survive it, which is why I told you to run. If it's slower than both of us, then Silent can engage it, give Jivaji a head-start, then try to lose it in the jungle. If it's faster than JIvaji but slower than Silent... same thing, only it's more imperative that Silent distract it from Jivaji. If it's faster than both of us... well, we're in trouble, but at least Silent may be able to survive for a bit while trying to lose it. Jivaji would be in dire circumstances. At least that was my thinking.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2
Jivaji Varesh wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Silent/Shan:
Hah! I'm a dummy. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Both Martian Level 20 invader

Silent and Jivy:

The Dino is moving quickly and manages to keep up with with silent. Being only a large size creature, it is just small enough to navigate the foliage and keep close on Silents tail. What now dog wonder?
Jivaji gets away just incase you were curious.


Male Elf Alchemist 2
Eltumal Woodsoul wrote:

Do I know of any alchemical lotions/ointments I could theoretically make to protect her from the Sun? Craft Alchemy, if it helps:1d20+9

Just bringing attention to it so it doesn't get lost. That roll equaled a 21, just so you know.


Okay, not trying to drag this out, everyone. I didn't realize that going hunting would turn into something. I'll do my best to help get the group back together as quickly as I can. Silent will probably be adopting a "we move in a pack" mentality from here on out.

Shano:
With Jivaji successfully away, Silent's mind turns immediately to survival. He bolts into the night, angling away from the group and Jivaji. The wolf's mind races for a solution.

It's big. It's fast. And it's after me. What to do? What to do? Think! His frenzied mind throws one thought back at him, Make the chase more trouble than the prize is worth!

The wolf flies through the night, smashing through foliage, jumping over fallen logs, and splashing through puddles. His lungs burn with the familiar burn of fatigue as his legs swallow dark ground. Silent can run flat-out for 17 rounds (1 min. 42 sec.) before resorting to the Constitution checks required for extended running (posted the related rules below for convenience).

He searches desperately for a cave, hole, or clump of fallen logs small enough to admit himself but restrict his large pursuer as he runs. Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22. If he finds one, he'll dive into it, getting as far from any openings as he can.

If he can't seem to find anywhere to hide (and the attacker doesn't give up), Silent will curve is path to safely bypass his team but run into the wall, hoping the presence of the vampires will scare off the dinosaur.

They're the reason the village isn't attacked, he thinks hopefully.

for convenience, on extended running wrote:
You can run for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score, but after that you must make a DC 10 Constitution check to continue running. You must check again each round in which you continue to run, and the DC of this check increases by 1 for each check you have made. When you fail this check, you must stop running. A character who has run to his limit must rest for 1 minute (10 rounds) before running again. During a rest period, a character can move no faster than a normal move action.
for convenience, on squeezing wrote:
You can run for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score, but after that you must make a DC 10 Constitution check to continue running. You must check again each round in which you continue to run, and the DC of this check increases by 1 for each check you have made. When you fail this check, you must stop running. A character who has run to his limit must rest for 1 minute (10 rounds) before running again. During a rest period, a character can move no faster than a normal move action.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Eltumal I am sorry I could not find anything. So I will assume there isn't unless you know of one. Unless sunblock helps, works for cartoon vampires.

Silent:

You are unable to find a good place to hide but you are able to, after racing around, you will just barely be able to out run the dino. However, you are spent on rounds in which you can run as a result.

Silent returns to camp a couple of minutes later. You can still hear the roaring sounds of dinosaurs in the jungle.

Just to let you guys know, when you hunt, always be prepared for an encounter. That is how I do things.


Silent drags his furry butt back into the firelight, completing his transformation to human as he gulps huge breaths of air. He looks like a horse run half to death. His hands are a bit shaky as he tries to sign.

:: BIG. BIG. DINOSAUR! ::

He continues gasping as his yellow eyes roll around the group.

:: Jivaji make it back?! ::

When he sees the bird man, Silent gives him a rare rueful grin as he sinks to his knees.

:: New rule. We stick together. Also, dinosaurs suck! ::


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"Dinosaurs?! What the heck?! You fellas need to be more careful! I'm with you on that new rule there, quiet fella. No more goin' out by our-dang-selves." Joe says adamantly. Well, as adamant as Joe can possibly get, anyway.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I nearly thought Silent was gonna get eaten. Thank goodness for that werewolf abilty lol


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Silent/Shano:
Jivaji would have headed straight back to camp for help. Not sure who makes it there first


Male Elf Alchemist 2

More dinosaurs? This isn't good. If I felt better, I'd help you around them, but Idon't want to risk it, frankly.


Shanosuke wrote:
I nearly thought Silent was gonna get eaten. Thank goodness for that werewolf abilty lol

Pretty much what I thought, too. :)

Silent shakes his head at Eltumal.

:: Don't worry about it. You need to recover before you get into any more dangerous situations. Speaking of which, we should try to get as much sleep as the night still offers. We can plan our next steps in the morning. ::


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Jivaji breaks through the foliage around the camp, greatly relieved to find Silent in one piece, making his hand signals.

Breathing heavily, and clearly a bit shaken, Jivaji blanks away his surprise and conveys his relief
"Silent, my friend, your speed is quite the virtue. I am not sure if I should be ashamed or amazed that you outran that beast and still arrived back at camp before me. Either way, I am grateful."

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,347 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sanosuke's Mormont's Gauntlet All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.