Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Sanosuke's Mormont's Gauntlet (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,347 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Well, 1 out of 2 ain't bad.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 +2 if target is human
right there with you


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Not good.


Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Seriously? Could we possibly do worse? If Silent gets a 2, then we got 4 of a kind. Or a 6 then it's a full house. That's good, right? :P


Male Elf Alchemist 2

This is actually fairly amusing. I've never seen anything like this happen in a game. The odds of 3 "2"s in a row is 1 in 800. It's pretty strange.


Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11.

Oh, hell no! I got you all beat!

Also, Silent would have been in hybrid form as soon as he thought they were a few miles out of town.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Wow. That was just fantastic. :/


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay.....I had hoped someone would have noticed but oh well.

You all practically trip over the enemies before you.

3 Zombies and an Undead Velociraptor have jumped you. Way to go.

They each move in to engage.

In their surprise round, all they did was move.

Here is their placement. I was going to put up a map but I have nowhere to stick it so I hope to get something soon.

Now
Raptor is on Joe

Zombie 1 is on Silent

Zombie 2 is on Jivaji

Zombie 3 is on Tam

With an easy five foot step, Eltumal could flank with Joe of move to flank with Jivaji.

Everyone else has to risk an AoO to change targets.

Good news is, after rolling your Initiatives, you guy do go before Zombies.

Make the most of it and stop rolling so bad.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Eltumal will 5-foot step to flank with Joe,Free take out his shiny new sword weilding it with two hands, Move, and attack Standard

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"Dangit! Where'd these critters come from!" Joe hollers as he grabs his scythe and attacks the dino.

Draw weapon(move); Attack(standard)

Mwk. Scythe w/PA: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
Damage: 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Jivaji turns his head in response to Joe's question. Apparently in a mental fog, his brain doesn't quite understand what he's seeing until he turns back to face the trail in time to see a creature lurching for him.

He quickly draws his sword in a panic(move), and tries a double overhand chop to cut the thing down.(standard)

Bastard Sword (2H) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19, dmg 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 S


Shano:
on the off-chance that you forgot (not saying that you did this time; just trying to be helpful), keep in mind that Siletn has Scent, regardless of the form he's in. :)

The half-wolf's blade hisses as it flies from its scabbard, continuing in one vicious arc over Silent's head, coming down in a crushing two-handed blow on the undead thing in front of him.

Move action to draw blade.
Standard to attack.
Temple Sword (2-handed) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 <-- CRIT?
---> damage 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14.
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
---> total crit damage 14 + 1d8 + 7 ⇒ 14 + (2) + 7 = 23.


Tam is caught completely unawares by the zombie, and cannot change, though the fear is clearly rising in him. He draws his club and swings, wildly at the thing in front of him, just trying to keep it back!

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Possible crit? 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Silent:

Truth be told I did forget you still get it in human form actually I simply never knew. Sorry bout that. Not really gonna make a difference. Nobody got hurt and you guys owned. I will remember it for future encounters

The undead horrors file out hoping the get a feast of brains but instead receive a feast of blades.

2 of the Zombies and the dino all went down. Only one left is infront of Tam.
The blow from Tam's club hit but doesn't leave any notable damage.

One left attacks Tam and misses.

Okay you guys are up, there is one zombie left.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Move and strike the one left.

Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Well, I had my decent roll, now it's back to crap.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Lol! I know the feeling, bud!

"Hang on little buddy!" Joe moves and attempts to cut the zombie down.

Mwk. Scythe w/PA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage: 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 = 18

WHOA! NASTY! :)

Confirm just for fun. Don't think it's necessary though. (But just in case it is.)
Mwk. Scythe w/PA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 2d4 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 = 13 :)

Edit: NOW I see what you're saying, Eltumal. I freaking forgot it's x4! Man I'm stupid.

The OTHER half. Duh!

Damage: 4d4 + 20 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 1) + 20 = 28

Which would be 59 damage. Man, that's even nastier than I originally thought. :P

As Joe splits the zombie into two perfect pieces, "Whooo! That un' was a good 'un! Whooo!"


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Put up the other half of your damage, Mac. :P


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Wow. Yeah you did more than enough damage. The zombie is in nine pieces with one hit.

You all continue on the trail. You travel most of the day. It is clear it is starting to get dark. However just before it gets dark you encounter a ruined wall about 25 feet tall. You can see neither end of the wall. It is getting dark. The trail ends at the wall.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"Well fellas, it looks like a wall." Joe points out the obvious. Turning to the others, as he looks to each individually, then back to the wall, "That shor' is a big dadgum wall." Shrugging, he throws off his pack, "Looks like we need to stop anyhow. It's gettin' too dang dark, and that wall there, well... it's big. Who in the heck built this thing?" Joe scratches his head in wonderment.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

"Who indeed..." Jivaji scratches the underside of his beack and ponders.

Shrugging off his pack as well, and hitching his animals to a nearby tree, he unshoulders his bow. "If we are settling in, I think it best that we know what's around."

Jivaji sneaks off to investigate the area.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Survival (if necessary) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


"Well, at any rate, the wall at least limits the directions enemies can come from. We should camp next to it." Tam looks relieved to not be attacked by any more dead things and happy to sleep away the worry.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Jivaji, how far do you extend your search. The visible area or further. Give me a distance or radius


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

No further than earshot or line of sight, whichever is further


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Once we settle down, or at least find this place, Eltumal's going to replace his Dex mutagen with a Strength mutagen. That'll take an hour.

It may block off a route of attack, but why is it here? Why does the trail stop here?How are we going to continue following it?


Silent assumes wolf form and goes to help Jivaji, but not before sniffing up to the edge of the wall to see where the scents of the man and daughters -- as well as that of the undead -- went.

Survival (to double-check where the tracks/scents go) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25.
Then accompanying Jivaji.
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Silent:

You smell the familiar smell of blood and death only it is much stronger with a greater variety as if it there is more than one being eminating it now. However the smell indicates they have traveled around here but they aren't anywhere close by at the moment. Not close enough to smell.

You scoure the surrounding area and find nothing of note.

Post shifts please.


Tam volunteers to take first shift, then shudders as the Beast comes upon him. He climbs to the top of the wall, perching there and watching the surrounding area with glowing red eyes...

Perception (darkvision): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Elf Alchemist 2

I'll take last watch. My eyes are pretty good in the morning.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

"I Will take next watch." Jivaji watches the ape climb nimbly to the top of the wall. "By the way Tam, what do you see up there?"

Tam I think you need to make a climb check

Edit: Perecption on my watch 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Demon Ape has a climb speed of 30 feet, though if I need to, I can certainly take 10 for a total of 21.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"Alright, I guess I'll take next-to-last then. Wake me when it's my turn." Joe turns in and immediately falls asleep as if there's nothing to worry about, snoring proudly.

Perception on my watch as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Is there one left for Silent? He'll take whatever. If it's a moonlit night, then he's good to go on any shift. IF it's too dark, then around dusk or dawn are his strengths. And he'll be taking the shift in wolf form.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

If you want, you can take my watch, or you can double up with somebody, if you want to.

Perception, which was forgotten earlier1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

You can take my watch. I can't see at all in the dark. Regardless. :)


Cool. I'll do that. Silent's mobility, scent, and low-light vision should give him a few edges where Joe doesn't. Joe should get some more beauty sleep. :)


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

lol! Sweeeeeet! He'll sure do it. :)


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Silent:

On your watch the stentch of blood and death is strangly begining to grow stronger. Then you realize something is creeping towards the camp. It is being very stealthy but is not doing a good job masking its scent. The smell is marginally familiar to what you've smelled in the father and daughters homes but not quite the same. Different entity with the same stentch as it were.


Stealth at to camp 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17.

The wolf skulks into the camp, nudging Joe awake with his nose. When the big man comes to, the big black wolf looks intentionally at the rest of the group, then into the darkness, letting a warning growl rumble from his throat. The intent is clear, 'wake everyone... something comes.' The wolf then skulks back into the night, angling at a 45' angle from the direction he warned.

Shanosuke:
The wolf then ranges wide around where his nose and ears tell him the creature must be. He's trying to get around behind it (unnoticed) to see what kind of tracks the thing left, while at the same time cutting off the undead creature's easiest avenue of escape.

Stealth to get back around it unnoticed 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9.
Perception and Survival - to get a feel for what kind of creature we're dealign with. Are there tracks? And if so, can he determine how many creatures there are?
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20.


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"You got it, wolf fella." Joe immediately goes to wake the others.

As they stir awake, "I think our wolf buddy has found us some trouble. Or maybe it's found us. We ought to know here in a bit." Joe grabs his weapon, ready for whatever may come.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Eltumal, once woken, grabs for his longsword as well.

Where is it?


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

"I ain't sure. Our buddy went that way after he woke me up." Joe points in the direction he went. "But he pointed that way and growled when he woke me." He points in another direction. "So I'm guessing it's gonna be comin' for us that way." He shrugs, not real sure.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Silent:

Whatever it was it is humanoid and likely sentient though it does have the stench of blood and death about it. It has heard you and is running. You could catch it easily.

Those of you who make a perception score of 20 can read the spoiler I put up for silent.


Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Tam wakes with a start. Hearing there is trouble, he begins to change. The change will take a minute. Let me know if I fail to have that much time.


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

It's coming this way, and fast. Get Ready!


M Human Fighter 4(Two-handed) (AC 17; Hp's 44/49)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"What? What is? Where? I ain't for seein' it!" Joe looks all around, trying to see what Eltumal's talking about.


Male Tengu Ranger (Trapper) / 2

Jivaji stirs quietly, reacting to the commotion around him.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18+2 if human

Drawing his sword and shield, Jivaji looks about bleary-eyed.


Its running away or towards the group?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry away from the group


Male Elf Alchemist 2

Oh. Then what I said makes little sense.

Retcon:

It looks like Silent's got it distracted. We can stay here, or go and help him. I'd say we go, or at least, I'm going.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,347 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sanosuke's Mormont's Gauntlet All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.