Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Samnell's Writhing Coast

Game Master Samnell

Map of the Daggerford Region
Map of Daggerford
Loot spreadsheet
Present battle map


1 to 50 of 1,309 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gay Male Inhuman

Feel free to dot thyselves, gentle players. IC post coming soon.


Female Human Magus 2 / Witch 2 | HP: 12/17 | AC: 15 [19]; T: 15; FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 | Init: +5, Perception: +2

Dot!


Gay Male Inhuman

Day 1: Flamerule 19 in the Year of the Worm. (324th year of the Northreckoning)
Flamerule is July.

It had been a hard night in Daggerfall. Some of the Guildmaster of the Mines' brutes picked a fight the Waterdhavian from Waterdeep garrison that turned into a wild brawl that took hours to settle and left a dozen locals dead, most guilty of no more than being in the way. Smenk's enforcers came away with nothing worse than bruises. Regardless, first light saw Baergon Bluesword out in his reddish brown robes and steel skullcap. He preached loudly that Tempus smiled on the town and they -especially the victors- must give thanks. He even had the temerity to stroll over and deliver his message to the Lathanderians at morning prayers, where Liam Sunmist stared hatred at him. Things went worse from there, as Bluesword declaimed that those who whipped themselves defeated themselves. A second, brief brawl ensued.

An hour had passed since, time enough for the Yellowknife's serving man to come around with his summons. The corpulent wizard wished an audience with his friends at their earliest convenience. His tower and small garden barely stood out from the rest of Daggerford's buildings, no more than a cylinder of stone with walls about the foot and a simple iron gate. But few dared the wizard's unknown might or uncertain wrath by drawing near uninvited. The nearest buildings stood vacant. Those who passed on the street took to the other side. Only nobles down from Waterdeep or strange outsiders came and went often.

The short, swarthy wizard kept a far finer abode than its exterior might suggest. His game chamber, just off the parlor, held a half-dozen different dragonchess sets. Each had a scroll, ink, and quill near to hand. He rarely made his way to Lhazare's for a game, instead contending against others through the post. Now and then he mentioned them in conversation: Dagsumn, who marred into the Wands House in Waterdeep; Marenza, court sorcereress to Dowager Baronness Piann Cromm of Cromm's hold; Malchor, who lives somewhere far to the north. There Yellowknife also displayed his collection of blown glass sculptures, some of which he said were elf work.

Just opposite the gaming chamber, the wizard kept a well-appointed library. Ornate carvings marked every shelf, chair, and table. On the shelves, they gleamed with small gemstones that held their fire even in the dark. When asked, he always advised guests to leave his books sleep. Even his numerous apprentices did not touch them at will.

For the occasion, Delfin ordered his apprentices to clear one of the larger tables and set it with an expansive meal. He insisted that everyone have their fill before he would speak of any business, then put his words to eager practice. In due course, he might require more generously cut robes than the finery he already preferred.

Only when all had their fill did the Yellowknife produce a silver sphere. He whispered a word to it and it emitted a faint glow as it rose over the table. A thousand pricklings washed over the assembled skin in a wave, reaching from the sphere to the walls and making the bookcases flare briefly where the two met.

"We will not be overheard now, while yon bauble floats and gleams. Farseeing spells cannot break the warding without breaking it. Forgive the precaution, but the reason will become clear in short order."

"As you know, I have an interest in the history of our Duchy and its predecessors: Illefarn, Eaerlann, the Kingdom of Man, Delimbiyran, the three crowns of Phalorm, even Netheril the Fallen Kingdom of Aeromancy. It must be my love of tragedy, to delve into the prey of the orcs."

"My good friend Dagsumn, a very precise man, has come into scrolls that speak of a tomb up in the Forlorn Hills. Others would have passed over it, because we all know that the hills yielded all their secrets in the rush forty years ago." The Yellowknife sighed, "Which is not to say they were properly recorded. Instead it all went to private vaults. We are more like dragons than not that way, bent on stealing secrets. Regardless, Dagsumn sends reference to a tomb sought but never found."

"I sent begging him more lore, if any could be had, but events have outpaced me. Four days ago, a group of Waterdhavian adventurers came to Daggerford. I rarely take much note. People come and go all the time. If they have business with me, they come. But my brother informs me that they also think something worth finding in the hills. They may chase the same quarry, which I have no doubt they would take and keep for themselves. They have come and gone once already; it might even now be too late."

"I would ask you to go and find what they know, if anything, and then investigate this Whispering Cairn yourselves. Explore it, catalog all the markings, inscriptions, anything shaped by a thinking hand. I would go myself, but I am a prominent man here. If I move, it will be marked and others might follow to despoil the ruin before it can be properly studied."

"Your task may be a dangerous one. It happens that tombs not found are often tombs found but not returned from. I hope the ages have worn the magic and dangers away, but one can never be sure. The Waterdhavians may oppose you. I cannot demand of this of any of you. You are free people, whatever obligations stand between us. But if you do as I have asked, I will take the service as wiping our slates clean."


Female Human Magus 2 / Witch 2 | HP: 12/17 | AC: 15 [19]; T: 15; FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 | Init: +5, Perception: +2

Saeri didn't immediately answer the wizard, instead sliding a card out of a deck and considering it for a moment.

Harrow Draw: 1d54 ⇒ 32

"The Foreign Trader... interesting." she mused. "I dare say they really do have information worth knowing. Very well - I'll see what can be done. Besides..." she grinned slightly. "I always did want to pay you back, and this seems like a good way of doing it. No bad omens, either." If the result had been horrible, she might well have decided against joining in - but the Foreign Trader was about as neutral as the cards came for a drawing like this. Besides, with that brawl fresh on everyone's minds, it wasn't likely anyone would be interested in her usual service for a little while. This would be a fine way to pass the time.


Gnome Swashbuckler // Sorcerer Init:+6 | HP:13/13 | AC:14 T:13 FF:12 CMD:11 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+1 | Perc:+5 SM:-1 | Panache: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | SLAs: Grease, Silent Image, 4x Ghost Sound

Kasyomnite nods with a smile. "Can't expect you to tell me things if I don't find out things in turn. Besides, this sounds quite interesting. We might discover a thing or two no one has seen before in a mighty long while. First we should talk to the Waterdevians, then hopefully we'll learn enough from them to find this tomb by ourselves first. They might be reluctant to talk though. I wish I knew about something or someone they wanted, then we could perhaps imitate that to make it more likely that they'll tell us what they know." He doesn't seem particularly worried about the prospect of competing with another group of adventurers for this tomb, rather he seems optimistic and sure that they will succeed.


Hp 23/24 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 (+7 & +10 /w Arun)

Today Lu was in a lousy mood. Being on the wizards payroll had been a great gig to start with, not much to do and steady income, but now she had started questioning the wisdom of being tied down. She had missed *both* the brawls due to seemingly whimsical duties. Both! Though once the summoning led to a luxurious mean and the promise of loot valuable archaeological findings her mood improved significantly.

"Find the tomb before some pesky Waterdhavians? Sounds like fun!" she grinned. As for the how, she speculates a little. "Zey probably don't know the area too well, I bet zey recruited a guide don't you zink? Whom might be more zen willing to talk ..."


Female Elf Wizard (primalist) and Spellscar Oracle 2 (Gestalt) HP -4/20 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +1

Chaïa sets down her glass with a last finger of wine still left in it as she considers Delfin’s proposition and, briefly, his other guests. Inwardly, she has to admit the gesture is purely formal, her thoughts already concentrating on the possible approaches to the problem. “It would be well if we could find out their haunts in Daggerford, in case our paths might cross. They’ll be wary in any case, but in town they might be a bit more forthcoming than if they’re confronted in the hills. Hopefully they’ll be reasonable.”

Her glance darts sidelong toward her patron as her calculations continue, “Is there anything more you can tell us about what might be in this tomb? It seems unfortunate that another group should appear so shortly after your friend should write. (Chaïa’s nose wrinkles in distaste.) It pains me to weigh the possibility, but if negotiation is possible…” If we can only catalogue the contents properly, some paltry human baubles are hardly worth bloodshed, after all. On the other hand, if there’s anything significant, or dangerous, to be found…


Gay Male Inhuman
Chaïa Pomala wrote:

Chaïa sets down her glass with a last finger of wine still left in it as she considers Delfin’s proposition and, briefly, his other guests. Inwardly, she has to admit the gesture is purely formal, her thoughts already concentrating on the possible approaches to the problem. “It would be well if we could find out their haunts in Daggerford, in case our paths might cross. They’ll be wary in any case, but in town they might be a bit more forthcoming than if they’re confronted in the hills. Hopefully they’ll be reasonable.”

Her glance darts sidelong toward her patron as her calculations continue, “Is there anything more you can tell us about what might be in this tomb? It seems unfortunate that another group should appear so shortly after your friend should write. (Chaïa’s nose wrinkles in distaste.) It pains me to weigh the possibility, but if negotiation is possible…” If we can only catalogue the contents properly, some paltry human baubles are hardly worth bloodshed, after all. On the other hand, if there’s anything significant, or dangerous, to be found…

"I trust you to use your best judgment. It's true that not every adventuring band cares only for despoiling ruins. Either way, they are a large Northman, a half-elven woman -teu`tel`quessir[1] I think-, and a fellow who wears robes. Probably a priest or worker of the Art[2]," Delfin fell silent for just a moment.

"The Cairn? Yes...that is a more complicated matter. It may date to Illefarn and so be the work of your people. But it dwarven work or Netherese. The North has seen so many sorrows one never knows, and Dagsumn found few details. He cross-referenced some correspondence that came into his hands with a list of known sites and this one doesn't match any of them. A band fifty or sixty years ago believed they knew the Whispering Cairn's location and wrote their employer saying it would be near to the old Trevgil mine. Their letter said they meant to try there the next day. There was nothing further."

"As you say, it is likely that these adventurers know as much as I do. Thus the pressing haste."

[1]Teu`tel`quessir is the elven term for silver or moon elves, who are the most common sort in the Realms and generally those most open to contact with N`tel`quess. (Literally: Not-People, the umbrella term in elven for non-elves.) Silver elves tend to have pale skin and black, blue, brown, or silver-white hair.

[2]Magic.


Male HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 10, FF 18 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +2, W +6 | Init +0 | Low-Light Vision; Perception +10; Elven Immunities

Haytham remained silent for some time, candlelight playing across his patrician features. He steepled fingers before him, elbows sitting upon the table and rested his chin on his thumbs. "Fellows from the City of Splendors, an interesting quarry." his accent clearly Waterdehavian aristocracy. "And an unexplored tomb... Negotiation should be undertaken from a position of strength, let's see what we can find out about them and move from there. If these are typical adventurers they'll like to spend money and they'll like to talk, we should check the taverns and see what we can turn up." He lifted his face abruptly, a lock of long blue-black hair falling across ice-blue eyes, "Does the fellow on the third lanceboard know you have mate in three?"


Gay Male Inhuman
Haytham Raventree wrote:
Haytham remained silent for some time, candlelight playing across his patrician features. He steepled fingers before him, elbows sitting upon the table and rested his chin on his thumbs. "Fellows from the City of Splendors, an interesting quarry." his accent clearly Waterdehavian aristocracy. "And an unexplored tomb... Negotiation should be undertaken from a position of strength, let's see what we can find out about them and move from there. If these are typical adventurers they'll like to spend money and they'll like to talk, we should check the taverns and see what we can turn up." He lifted his face abruptly, a lock of long blue-black hair falling across ice-blue eyes, "Does the fellow on the third lanceboard know you have mate in three?"

"Probably not for a day or two yet," the Yellowknife said, smiling.


Female Human Magus 2 / Witch 2 | HP: 12/17 | AC: 15 [19]; T: 15; FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 | Init: +5, Perception: +2

For her part, Saeri had thoughtfully fingered her deck, but hadn't actually laid down any cards. The Bridge might provide helpful advice, but she'd already asked it a question in a quick reading, and it was unwise to divine the same subject over and over. "They sound solid." she mused thoughtfully. "Still, perhaps our numbers will serve to convince them to... not push too hard on this matter." It seemed like they were in agreement - and the sooner they were all prepared, the sooner they could leave.


Hp 23/24 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 (+7 & +10 /w Arun)

"Hah! I've been known to make compelling, pointy, arguments!" Lu chuckled happily and put a hand on the hilt of her sword. She savoured the though of finally being paid for her talents again, then frowned and leaned forward as something crossed her mind. "But. We should probably make haste; all zis mayhem might wipe away our rivals from fresh memory. Or worse, call down a curfew..."


Gnome Swashbuckler // Sorcerer Init:+6 | HP:13/13 | AC:14 T:13 FF:12 CMD:11 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+1 | Perc:+5 SM:-1 | Panache: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | SLAs: Grease, Silent Image, 4x Ghost Sound

"Let's not be too hasty with the pointy arguments, eh?" The pale gnome raises a white eyebrow. "We don't need to fight them and we don't know how it'll turn out. If we can make friends of some of them I'm sure it would be easier to make them talk. How about we try that first? If they have a guide, we don't know who it is, so that would be a difficult angle to work. Ideally we wouldn't approach them all at once either. It's much easier to make friends one on one than if we try to press them all together. If we can find them in the taven, buy them a drink and offer to listen to their troubles we might just get the whole story tumbling out." Kasyomnite smiles, he's quite happy with the plan and sure it'll work, why would it not?


Male HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 10, FF 18 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +2, W +6 | Init +0 | Low-Light Vision; Perception +10; Elven Immunities

Haytham nodded a few times and leveled his gaze at the Yellowknife, "Know where they decided to lay their heads? The sooner we move the more leeway we have once we get there."


Hp 23/24 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 (+7 & +10 /w Arun)

"If zey spill zeir secrets with just a friendly nudge, zat's good. But tomb-raiders never struck me as a sharing bunch." Lu replied sourly. But sadly, the gnome was right. If they were still in town drinking their secrets out of them would probably be easier - and less likely to get them all thrown in a dark and damp dungeon.


HP: 10/24 | Panache 0/3 | Channel 2/4 | AC: 19 / T: 14 / FF: 15 | Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will: +3 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | Init: +4, Perception: +5 |

Janus, having remained seated while lost in thought, as the others started to converse, stands up from the table, then starts pacing back and forth:"Another hidden tomb, is it? You know I have been hoping for this! To learn more about...her fate.", Janus stops shortly, and looks directly at Yellowknife: "If there's any secrets even remotely related to what happened 3 years ago, we must aquire them. Before the Waterdhavians mess with what's in there."
Turning to the others, he continues his pacing eagerly, gesturing towards Chaïa: "She brought up a good point. It seems very unlucky that they would learn about it the same time we did, and possible more than we did. They may have backing from someone with access to the same wealth of information as Dagsumn. And if they are under employ, they may be less inclined to work out a deal with someone else. I'm not saying we shouldn't try, but we'd best keep in mind that they may act under orders from someone, not indepentendly."
When his pacing brings him near his own seat again, he leans on it and looks at Yellowknife again:"Do you know of anyone in Waterdeep with the connections to learn about this tomb, and outfit an expedition, before you could?"


Gay Male Inhuman
Haytham Raventree wrote:
Haytham nodded a few times and leveled his gaze at the Yellowknife, "Know where they decided to lay their heads? The sooner we move the more leeway we have once we get there."

"I couldn't say for certain. It may be worth your time to inquire at the Emporium or the Happy Cow, depending on their tastes. Or Black Stone Inn, if they have a strong carnal interest. Perhaps even Lazare's."


Gay Male Inhuman
Janus Alistair Eden wrote:
When his pacing brings him near his own seat again, he leans on it and looks at Yellowknife again:"Do you know of anyone in Waterdeep with the connections to learn about this tomb, and outfit an expedition, before you could?"

"Many may," Delfin said, sighing. "You know how we wizards are: any scrap of lore may prove useful. Then we must consider the collectors, who want artifacts to display their wealth and the grasping sorts who will hazard a small fortune to win a larger one by buying and reselling to either. And the churches who may believe relics of their faith present, or simply take discovery as a sacred trust. Then there are the agents of various cabals... The Arcane Brotherhood, the Cult of the Dragon, the Zhentarim, the Harpers, there may even be Red Wizards involved."

"Of the lot, I would worry most about the wizards and the cabals. Those more mindful of coin may have their ruthless streaks, but the public employ of bands known to murder competitors may damage their station. You should be mindful for any signs they may carry: rings, brooches, any sort of mark may provide a clue worth pursuing."


Female Human Magus 2 / Witch 2 | HP: 12/17 | AC: 15 [19]; T: 15; FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 | Init: +5, Perception: +2

"Would you like me to divine for the threats we're likely to face?" Saeri inquired. Honestly, she wasn't too worried either way - their group here looked to be a competent one, but it never hurt to be prepared for what the future would bring. One of the things that card-readers such as herself often took pains to remind people of was the fact that their own actions ultimately decided what happened. The cards gave guidance, not absolutes, and in many cases weren't obvious about what they referred to. Only the gods knew everything...


Female Elf Wizard (primalist) and Spellscar Oracle 2 (Gestalt) HP -4/20 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +1

"Guilty as charged, on two counts," Chaïa confesses, trying to introduce a modicum of levity as Delfin lists the wide range of possible interested parties. Taking up Kasyomnite's suggestion that it might be less intimidating if the group didn't try to track down the Waterdhavians en masse, she asks, "Does anyone have any preferences as to how to approach our search? I suppose I could start with an errant ... cousin, and perhaps at the - Happy Cow, was it? I do hope the evening doesn't turn out quite louche by the end of all this."

Chaïa continues to speak lightly, but her hands leap unconsciously from the table as if to avoid something unpleasant, hoping above all that she, a priestess of the Winsome Rose, won't find it necessary to make inquiries at a place like the Black Stone Inn. She turns to the fortuneteller as if eager for distraction, "If you like. Divination is, I must admit, not an area on which my studies have focused, so you would know best."


Gay Male Inhuman
Saeri, Professional Harrower wrote:
"Would you like me to divine for the threats we're likely to face?" Saeri inquired. Honestly, she wasn't too worried either way - their group here looked to be a competent one, but it never hurt to be prepared for what the future would bring. One of the things that card-readers such as herself often took pains to remind people of was the fact that their own actions ultimately decided what happened. The cards gave guidance, not absolutes, and in many cases weren't obvious about what they referred to. Only the gods knew everything...

"You have my blessing, if you wish," the Yellowknife said. "The warding shouldn't trouble it."


Male HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 10, FF 18 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +2, W +6 | Init +0 | Low-Light Vision; Perception +10; Elven Immunities

"Black Stone Inn sounds like a decent starting point, usually a game of chance in such establishments that I can take advantage of. Let's do this reading and then I'll check it out, I would be happy for someone to accompany me."


Female Human Magus 2 / Witch 2 | HP: 12/17 | AC: 15 [19]; T: 15; FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 | Init: +5, Perception: +2

Saeri nodded, taking out her deck after clearing some space on the board in front of her. Then, without looking at them, she reversed half of the cards before rapidly shuffling them together. "For this reading, I will be laying the Bridge." she explained. "Unlike the Tapestry - the most popular way of reading the cards - it focuses on divining a specific course of action. Before we begin, you should know that what they say is not always what you see."

In this reading, some cards may be misaligned. Accordingly, I'm rolling 1-2 for each of them - one is normal, two is misaligned.

With that, she drew the first card and placed it in the lower left.
1d54 + 1d2 ⇒ (35) + (2) = 37

"...Hm." she said. "The first card here represents the beginning of our journey. Normally, seeing the Idiot here would be a very bad omen - but as you can see, it's reversed. In this case, it stands for the clever feigning of idiocy. We might do well to avoid revealing all of our capabilities to this other group, so they can't plan a counter for them."

She set out the second card, directly above the first.
1d54 + 1d2 ⇒ (50) + (1) = 51

"The second card represents the impetus of our journey. Here we see the Twin, aligned normally and standing for the duality of purpose and identity. This one is obvious, I think." she smiled slightly and gestured to their host. "Here we have a scholar without the information he wants to have."

She set down a third card - this time to the right of the first two, positioned so that it was even between them. "The third card - as well as the two to follow - represent the trials and tribulations we will face. These are the cards to be most cautious of, for it's easy to see the trials you expect to see, and overlook what's going on. In truth, reality is rarely as dramatic as the pictures here suggest." With that, she looked at the third card.

1d54 + 1d2 ⇒ (29) + (2) = 31

"The Wanderer - but reversed. He stands for the inability to see value. It may well be that this other group does not truly understand the treasure they seek - or that we may overlook the value of something along the way. Either way, it will certainly be wise for us to pay attention to our surroundings." she set down a fourth card, directly to the right of the third.

1d54 + 1d2 ⇒ (25) + (1) = 26

"The next is the Tangled Briar, in his normal position. He tells us that ancient triumphs return, which is not at all unusual in old ruins that still have some power to them. Given our destination, I would not be surprised to find that the spirits of the dead still linger." she set down the fifth card, directly to the right of the fourth.

1d54 + 1d2 ⇒ (5) + (2) = 7

"The last of our tribulations is the Bear. His furry meaning is the same no matter his position - brute force reigns. Violence will almost certainly be required at some point - although unless this other group is genuinely evil, I would suggest aiming to subdue them." she set down a sixth card, to the lower-right of the fifth.

"The sixth card in the Bridge tells us of our goal and our prize." she explained.

1d54 + 1d2 ⇒ (47) + (2) = 49

"Hm. The Theater has been reversed - how curious. It tells us that prophecy is unreliable. What we know of our destination may not be true, and I dare say we'll have at least one surprise by the end. Finally..." she set down a seventh card, directly above the sixth to complete the design. "The last card of the Bridge represents the sacrifice to achieve our goal. It tends to be a difficult read, so let us see..."

1d54 + 1d2 ⇒ (30) + (2) = 32

"The Joke - reversed. It seems the joke is likely going to be on us by the end. Not terribly comforting, but it doesn't speak of disaster." she considered the completed Bridge as a whole for a few moments. "The overall meaning of this spread seems to be that we should expect the unexpected. Of course, forewarned is forearmed - and so long as we prepare well for what lies ahead, I believe we can get this job done." she let the cards stay on the table for a few moments, for anyone interested in looking, before correcting the alignment of the cards and putting them back in their sturdy case.


Gay Male Inhuman

Within a few minutes, the company found themselves outside the Black Stone Inn. So early, the brothel seemed near deserted. A feminine silhouette painted on the door bespoke the building's trade, but aside from that it might have been any inn in the Realms: a pitched slate roof, wood-framed stone walls and heavy shutters.

Within they found a modestly appointed parlor where a thin man dozed on a bench. Curtains blocked the passage to further within.


Hp 23/24 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 (+7 & +10 /w Arun)

Meeting

Lucrecia follows the harrowing closely. While she wasn't all that familiar with this sort of divination but it would be foolish to don't pay attention when fate decided to speak up. Though the last three cards certainly made her feel a bit funny, warm and fuzzy with a hint of contempt. A reading that says not to trust readings? Now that is something! With a grin she reached out and pointed at the bear, careful not to touch or disturb the cards.

"See? Seems we'll get some fun hah!"

Added a sap to my gear! I hope you don't mind, makes not murdering them much easier : )

As we step outside

As the party steps outside a plump black trush flies down from a nearby tree and lands on Lu's outstretched hand. It sits there curiously observing the rest of the people before looking up at her. She pets the bird with her free hand and brings him closer, just so any eavesdroppers on the streets won't hear.

"Ah! Arun, how nice of you to join. I have a little errand for you; I'm looking for some people. Zey're adventurers out of Waterdeep. Magican in robes, a half-moon woman and a burly man from around home. Keen an eye out and come find me if you spot them anywhere in town!"

Arun: Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Dance hall

"Now zis is my sort of place, I bet. Ale and pretty men; not that we lack ze later heh." Lu laughs out loud and playfully elbows Janus, whom happened to be closest, before slamming the door open and stepping in. Before the thin man, whom she assumes is the doorman/"innkeeper", gets a chance to complain about loud noises, dress codes or really wake up she flips a silver coins at him. "You seen ze people from Waterdeep around?"

Diplomacy: Friendly question!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Gay Male Inhuman
Lucrecia Willow wrote:
Added a sap to my gear! I hope you don't mind, makes not murdering them much easier : )

Totally fine.

Lucrecia Willow wrote:
"Ah! Arun, how nice of you to join. I have a little errand for you; I'm looking for some people. Zey're adventurers out of Waterdeep. Magican in robes, a half-moon woman and a burly man from around home. Keen an eye out and come find me if you spot them anywhere in town!"

"Sure thing, boss!" Arun flew off to look.

Lucrecia Willow wrote:
"Now zis is my sort of place, I bet. Ale and pretty men; not that we lack ze later heh." Lu laughs out loud and playfully elbows Janus, whom happened to be closest, before slamming the door open and stepping in. Before the thin man, whom she assumes is the doorman/"innkeeper", gets a chance to complain about loud noises, dress codes or really wake up she flips a silver coins at him. "You seen ze people from Waterdeep around?"

The man started off his bench, hitting the floor with a thud.

"By the watching gods! Tymora's t+!+! What do you w-" he caught the coins reflexively and they vanished somewhere among his clothes. "Well met," he said, breaking out into a pleasant smile as he rose. "I assure you many of our finest boys and girls hail from the City of Splendors! Our staff are very diverse indeed. Whatever you can imagine, we can provide!" he stopped for a moment, searching for words. "So, er, what sort of wares catch your fancy?"


Female Human Magus 2 / Witch 2 | HP: 12/17 | AC: 15 [19]; T: 15; FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 | Init: +5, Perception: +2

Saeri looked at the outside of the building for a few moments. Well, she'd slept in worse places in the past... but she took a few moments to fasten her clothes a little tighter and make sure her truly important things were stowed where it wouldn't be so easy to notice them. With that, she quietly waited outside, content to let the others investigate inside while she kept watch.


Female Elf Wizard (primalist) and Spellscar Oracle 2 (Gestalt) HP -4/20 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +1

Chaïa took in the marking on the door with an instantly jaundiced eye and an expressively raised eyebrow, but managed to restrain an exclamation of dismay. Of all the crude... Seeing Saeri draw up short, and remembering Kasyomnite's suggestion that they not crowd the Waterdhavians wherever they could be found, Chaïa was relieved to be able to nod the others inside and wait outdoors herself, keeping an ear open for any sounds of trouble. Who knew? After all, maybe their quarry might even just pass by on the street.

Not meaning to be obstructive; if the folks going in want her to tag along, Chaïa will make the best of it, but if we are trying to keep a low profile, she might be a bit too fastidious to be of best use here. Give a shout if need be, though. :)


Male HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 10, FF 18 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +2, W +6 | Init +0 | Low-Light Vision; Perception +10; Elven Immunities

Haytham follows along silently. He doesn't move with any particular grace but never seems to misstep or bump into something, his eyes seem to take in everything at once. Upon reaching the Black Stone Inn he smirked. He drew his dark grey cloak around him, partially concealing his red armor and holy symbol, but left his sword hilt noticeable.

"A bit of leisure before choosing from the wares I think, perhaps a game of cards and a drink? And then I'll select a girl that strikes my fancy, no?" His Waterdhavian accent was particularly strong, he sought to emphasize his origin.

No, Chaia, staying outside is a good idea. Do be mindful of shouts for help, we may just be enjoying ourselves :)


Gay Male Inhuman
Haytham Raventree wrote:

Haytham follows along silently. He doesn't move with any particular grace but never seems to misstep or bump into something, his eyes seem to take in everything at once. Upon reaching the Black Stone Inn he smirked. He drew his dark grey cloak around him, partially concealing his red armor and holy symbol, but left his sword hilt noticeable.

"A bit of leisure before choosing from the wares I think, perhaps a game of cards and a drink? And then I'll select a girl that strikes my fancy, no?" His Waterdhavian accent was particularly strong, he sought to emphasize his origin.

No, Chaia, staying outside is a good idea. Do be mindful of shouts for help, we may just be enjoying ourselves :)

"Many of our girls enjoy some amusement. It's all a part of the service, goodsir. Just...how many of there would you be?" the man said. He rang a small bell, waited, and then rang it again. "Excuse me a moment."

The man stuck his head through the curtains and hissed, "Wake up, damn you. We have customers!" A groan answered him, swiftly followed by rushing feet.

"Follow me, please," he said, leading the group through the curtains, down a dim hall, and into a small room where a single table and chairs stood waiting. A carved box sat on the table, quick he opened to reveal an assortment of cards, dice, and tokens. "Whatever you would like to play."

A scantily-clad woman with a great deal of curly red hair slipped into the room, making sure to artfully brush up against everyone on her way. Another, blonde, followed. And more, until a half-dozen sleepy-looking women in minimal clothing had arranged themselves in a row, all posing and making eyes.


Male HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 10, FF 18 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +2, W +6 | Init +0 | Low-Light Vision; Perception +10; Elven Immunities

Any of elven stock?


Gay Male Inhuman
Haytham Raventree wrote:
Any of elven stock?

One is.


Male HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 10, FF 18 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +2, W +6 | Init +0 | Low-Light Vision; Perception +10; Elven Immunities

Haytham's eyes gleamed, "Ah, a vision, come here my dear." Haytham moved to the table and pulled out a chair, indicating for the elven girl to join him, "Lucrecia do select a companion and come join us for some cards." After Haytham's choice of entertainment (and information) took the offered seat and joined her and gestured for a few drinks to be served. His hands moved with casual practice as he shuffled the cards, "And what is your preference of game my dear?"


Gnome Swashbuckler // Sorcerer Init:+6 | HP:13/13 | AC:14 T:13 FF:12 CMD:11 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+1 | Perc:+5 SM:-1 | Panache: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | SLAs: Grease, Silent Image, 4x Ghost Sound

As Haytham leads the group inwards Kasyomnite is careful to remain in the background, though still tagging along. While the girls are busy presenting themselves and Haytham is busy feasting his eyes on the girls, Kasyomnite is already busy at work with his magic. He sends a magical whispered message to the girl's, one after another. "A group of Waterdevians recently arrived in town. If you have spoken to them or know where they are, please nod so we may speak in private."

Using the spell message to find out if any of the girls are worth talking to.


Gay Male Inhuman
Kasyomnite Farcaller wrote:

As Haytham leads the group inwards Kasyomnite is careful to remain in the background, though still tagging along. While the girls are busy presenting themselves and Haytham is busy feasting his eyes on the girls, Kasyomnite is already busy at work with his magic. He sends a magical whispered message to the girl's, one after another. "A group of Waterdevians recently arrived in town. If you have spoken to them or know where they are, please nod so we may speak in private."

Using the spell message to find out if any of the girls are worth talking to.

Message has verbal components, which would be audible to everyone in the room pretty easily; it wouldn't be very discreet. They'd also see a weird gnome working magic and not know what he's about. Might react poorly. Still want to go ahead?


Gay Male Inhuman
Haytham Raventree wrote:
Haytham's eyes gleamed, "Ah, a vision, come here my dear." Haytham moved to the table and pulled out a chair, indicating for the elven girl to join him, "Lucrecia do select a companion and come join us for some cards." After Haytham's choice of entertainment (and information) took the offered seat and joined her and gestured for a few drinks to be served. His hands moved with casual practice as he shuffled the cards, "And what is your preference of game my dear?"

The half-elven woman slipped into a seat and took a drink.

"I like all kinds of games, my Lord," she said, leaning close.


Gnome Swashbuckler // Sorcerer Init:+6 | HP:13/13 | AC:14 T:13 FF:12 CMD:11 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+1 | Perc:+5 SM:-1 | Panache: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | SLAs: Grease, Silent Image, 4x Ghost Sound
Quote:
You can whisper messages and receive whispered replies. Those nearby can hear these messages with a DC 25 Perception check. You point your finger at each creature you want to receive the message.

I was under the impression the whisper made as part of the spell was the verbal components, but if you are ruling different I might have to reconsider. Though they might still not recognize magic for what it is. Alternatively, could I have cast the spell outside the room and used it after we came in? The duration is rather long. Would that be acceptable?


Hp 23/24 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 (+7 & +10 /w Arun)

"Hmm..." Lu hummed and eyed the inventory. "I zink I'll have to pass right now ..."


Gay Male Inhuman
Kasyomnite Farcaller wrote:
Quote:
You can whisper messages and receive whispered replies. Those nearby can hear these messages with a DC 25 Perception check. You point your finger at each creature you want to receive the message.
I was under the impression the whisper made as part of the spell was the verbal components, but if you are ruling different I might have to reconsider. Though they might still not recognize magic for what it is. Alternatively, could I have cast the spell outside the room and used it after we came in? The duration is rather long. Would that be acceptable?

Verbal components are supposed to be spoken forcefully in a pretty strong voice, not really whispers. But you can cast before you go into the brothel, or skip out to use the john or something and cast it there. You might even go outside, around to a window, and cast it while looking in on them.


Gay Male Inhuman
Lucrecia Willow wrote:
"Hmm..." Lu hummed and eyed the inventory. "I zink I'll have to pass right now ..."

"You would prefer a boy?" the man said. "Of course! All are welcome at the Black Stone. Allow me a moment and all your dreams can come true," with a small bow, the man slipped out of the room. Shortly thereafter, footsteps could be heard on the second floor. A parade of young men followed, just as scantily dressed as the women and presenting themselves to best display their assets.


Gnome Swashbuckler // Sorcerer Init:+6 | HP:13/13 | AC:14 T:13 FF:12 CMD:11 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+1 | Perc:+5 SM:-1 | Panache: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | SLAs: Grease, Silent Image, 4x Ghost Sound
Samnell wrote:


Verbal components are supposed to be spoken forcefully in a pretty strong voice, not really whispers. But you can cast before you go into the brothel, or skip out to use the john or something and cast it there. You might even go outside, around to a window, and cast it while looking in on them.

Thank you, I think I'll go with the outside the brothel in advance option if that's alright.

Earlier outside the brothel...
"Wait a sec, this might come in handy." Kasyomnite says and casts message a few times.

Back to the present where he uses the spell to whisper to the girls.
Kasyomnite is carefully studying the girls to see how they react to the message as he points to them discretely.


Hp 23/24 | AC 19/13/16 | CMD 18 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +5 (+7 & +10 /w Arun)

"Oh, I really shouldn't..." Lu grinned as a glutton presented with an exquisite banquette. With a long purr she pointed to one male at random and nodded. "...but maybe zat one. For just a little while, yes." Then she blinked at the host. "Unless you are up for a short game?"

Lu's guess: The host is the one that actually has a shot of keeping track of whom has been here and not. Well, the 'dancers' might know with whom they have been, but I'm not sure we have the time (or stamina or gold) to work us way trough the whole building! So we might wanna hook him in and squeeze him real quick and try to not leave our poor sensible people outside in the cold for too long : P


Male HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 10, FF 18 | CMD 13 | F +3, R +2, W +6 | Init +0 | Low-Light Vision; Perception +10; Elven Immunities

I'm planning to hire this one to do footwork. I'm hoping "companions" gossip and I know men talk in bed :)


HP: 10/24 | Panache 0/3 | Channel 2/4 | AC: 19 / T: 14 / FF: 15 | Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will: +3 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | Init: +4, Perception: +5 |

Janus had entered the establishment with a red face, remaining silent during the parades of scantily-clad companions. Looking over them, he did not seem happy with the set presented.
Somewhat self-conscious about the others accompanying him, Janus discreetly asked their host:"Is Enia not here?"

The Halfling Woman had some Tiefling Blood in her, and was the only companion that had ever convincingly assured Janus that his curse did not bother her. In fact, she found it interesting.
Which was good, as certain...situations, specifically the kind one would expect to come into at such a business, seemed to make the haunting worse-
If Janus needed to trust one of the ladies here to talk with the other employees and try to gather any information that could be useful, it would be her. But she was missing from the one's presented.
Still sleeping, maybe? - despite knowing very well the nature of the place, Janus's mind outright refused the option that she was with someone else.

When he felt Lucrecia's gaze resting on him, comparing him with the men presented, the blush almost returns, before he confronts her:"See something you like?" She was an interesting woman, certainly. Working together would be...refreshing. Janus did look forward to learning more about her...but this did not seem the right time or place to do so...


Gay Male Inhuman
Haytham Raventree wrote:
I'm planning to hire this one to do footwork. I'm hoping "companions" gossip and I know men talk in bed :)

That's fine; you would be far from the first.


Gay Male Inhuman
Kasyomnite Farcaller wrote:

Back to the present where he uses the spell to whisper to the girls.

Kasyomnite is carefully studying the girls to see how they react to the message as he points to them discretely.

The first woman Kas whispered to turned seductively toward the sound...and found no one there. Her expression went momentarily flat, but she quickly resumed smiling. The second did much the same, then exchanged a brief look with with the other.

The man slipped smoothly between the girls, boys, and the company.

"My Lords and Ladies, I'm very sorry but I've just remembered we are engaged this morning. Some patrons of most, erm, extensive appetites will soon arrive and they cherish their privacy. I must ask you to leave," he said, setting the coins he had gathered earlier back on the table.


Gnome Swashbuckler // Sorcerer Init:+6 | HP:13/13 | AC:14 T:13 FF:12 CMD:11 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+1 | Perc:+5 SM:-1 | Panache: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 5/5 | SLAs: Grease, Silent Image, 4x Ghost Sound

Kasyomnite nudges Lucrecia and motions for her to bend down so he can whisper in her ear. "If we could talk to them while they are enjoying themselves, it might give us information they otherwise wouldn't share."

He then looks at their host and speaks out loud. "Extensive appetites you say? What if what they want is not amongst the things you can provide?" He chants a quick cantrip and blue dots of light starts dancing over his clothes in a marvelous display. "I've always drawn more satisfaction from pleasing than being pleased in turn. Why don't you let me remain here and maybe both they and us can have some fun? You'll still get your pay of course."

Prestidigitation, then following the chanting a tiny bit longer than necessary to also cast enhanced diplomacy. Edit: Since enhanced diplomacy is an SLA it doesn't requite any components...

Diplomacy with enhanced diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31


Female Human Magus 2 / Witch 2 | HP: 12/17 | AC: 15 [19]; T: 15; FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3 | CMB: +2, CMD: 17 | Init: +5, Perception: +2

Saeri continued politely waiting outside, although she did keep an ear open to hear what she could about the discussions. They were having... quite the time in there, weren't they? Hm. Well, to each their own, she supposed. There'd been that one customer in Waterdeep who wanted a reading about each young man she was considering woo'ing, and she wasn't there to judge.

(That was actually an important part of reading the cards - it was all too easy to let your biases lead you to the interpretation you wanted, rather than considering what they really said. A certain amount of professional detachment was required of a true Harrower.)


Gay Male Inhuman

Going with the SLA.

Kasyomnite Farcaller wrote:

Kasyomnite nudges Lucrecia and motions for her to bend down so he can whisper in her ear. "If we could talk to them while they are enjoying themselves, it might give us information they otherwise wouldn't share."

He then looks at their host and speaks out loud. "Extensive appetites you say? What if what they want is not amongst the things you can provide?" He chants a quick cantrip and blue dots of light starts dancing over his clothes in a marvelous display. "I've always drawn more satisfaction from pleasing than being pleased in turn. Why don't you let me remain here and maybe both they and us can have some fun? You'll still get your pay of course."

Eyes widened all around the table as the gnome chanted and spoke.

"You need to... You need to..." the man said, losing steam as he spoke. "My patrons are very insistent and they have paid a great deal, which I will lose if you stay. Can you make it good?"


Female Elf Wizard (primalist) and Spellscar Oracle 2 (Gestalt) HP -4/20 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 14 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +3| Perc +1

Outside, Chaïa resisted the urge to pace, to stretch languorously, or, most dangerous of all, to pull out some notes and start fiddling with some odd doodles and calculations that she had been working on earlier in the day - if she did that, the goddesses only knew what might slip by right in front of her nose. She resolved to enjoy the challenge of making it a purely mental exercise and dividing her attention to include the several other folk she was looking out for.

1 to 50 of 1,309 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Samnell's Writhing Coast Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.