Samnell's Dragonlance Campaign

Game Master Samnell

It's Dragonlance. And Pathfinder. Both. At the same time.
Present Map
Map of Abanasinia, aka Misspelled Ethiopia


3,151 to 3,200 of 3,564 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>

HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

Thistletorp continued his attack against the monsters!

"Don't hurt my friends!!!"


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Don't you want to roll some dice? :)


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She is 300 ft up not much she can do.


Male Human Knight of the Sword (Warpriest) 7 | HP: 84/84 | AC: 22 t11 fl 22 | Fort+9 Ref+3 Will+10 | CMD 21 | Perception +4 | Init +2
Conditions/Effects:
Bull's Strength (Enhancement, +2 to Atk and Dmg); Divine Favor (Luck, +2 to Atk and Dmg); Haste (Untyped, +1 attack, +1 dodge AC and Reflex); Mittens (Morale, +1 Attk, Dmg, Save v Fear)

I think Caitlyn was asking Thistle.


Gay Male Inhuman

Thistle?


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

Whoops.. i totally forgot to do that thing

attack 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
attack 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Poor little skeletal warriors


Gay Male Inhuman
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:
Can't see the map at work. Can I fly freely or will I be subject to AoOs?

Sorry, I missed this earlier. If you do a flying withdraw, you're good. If you want to fly up and cast, you'd provoke for the move.


Gay Male Inhuman
Samnell wrote:
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:
Can't see the map at work. Can I fly freely or will I be subject to AoOs?
Sorry, I missed this earlier. If you do a flying withdraw, you're good. If you want to fly up and cast, you'd provoke for the move.

Jakun?


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82(96/96) | -1 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Sorry bout that.

Jakun rises into the air, "I believe we should withdraw Caitlyn. Thistle. Leap up and I shall catch you, if we free these souls we've no need to combat them!"

Withdraw action. Thistle jumps on Caitlyn, Caitlyn is enlarged so if she leaps I should be able to catch her and then discontinue the spell to fly us all out of the combat, at least that's how I was envisioning it!


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Caitlyn is kind of in smite mode, bailing now will be hard for her to accept ;p Thistle what do you think?


Gay Male Inhuman

Sorry everyone. Brief illness coincided with sleep deprivation and my mother having eye surgery done.

That said: Thistle?


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

I hope she is feeling better and you too!


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
I hope she is feeling better and you too!

She can see well enough of of the eye they cut into that they took that lens out of her glasses. :)


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

:)


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
:)

Last call for Thistle.


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

If thistle doesn't choose Caitlyn will reluctantly go with Jackun.


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

Sorry. Life's been a pain in the @$$

Thistletorp scrambles up Caitlyn to grab Jakun's horns and get to safety.


Gay Male Inhuman

Jakun's magic is enough to lift Caitlyn and Thistle clear of the skeletons, though it is a wobbly ascent made all the closer by the speed with which he had to cancel his other spell.

The skeletons made no effort to follow into the air, instead withdrawing back toward the walls.

End of fight.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82(96/96) | -1 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

"Perhaps these circlets are on that island. Not sure where else they may be but a large treasure trove". States the Wizard as he flies his companions up to the others and to safety, or at least, less immediate danger.


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

"Maybe the chittering things are like magpies and have a stash of shiny objects, including circlets?" noted Caitlyn in a counter point. Nobody replied so she sighed. Turning round and looking intently at Jakun she asked,"Damn it, you're not seriously considering walking into that trap are you? I don't suppose you could strip it of magic first?"


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82(96/96) | -1 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Jakun shrugs at Caitlyn, "With rest I could try. I am not nearly as powerful as Fistandantilus was so the odds of it working are slim. Still, better to risk going to that island for the circlets and have these warriors on our side than have to combat them no?"


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Do we or the refugees have time for that? she asks.


Gay Male Inhuman
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:
Jakun shrugs at Caitlyn, "With rest I could try. I am not nearly as powerful as Fistandantilus was so the odds of it working are slim. Still, better to risk going to that island for the circlets and have these warriors on our side than have to combat them no?"

There's a fix for that, you know.


Male Human Knight of the Sword (Warpriest) 7 | HP: 84/84 | AC: 22 t11 fl 22 | Fort+9 Ref+3 Will+10 | CMD 21 | Perception +4 | Init +2
Conditions/Effects:
Bull's Strength (Enhancement, +2 to Atk and Dmg); Divine Favor (Luck, +2 to Atk and Dmg); Haste (Untyped, +1 attack, +1 dodge AC and Reflex); Mittens (Morale, +1 Attk, Dmg, Save v Fear)

When Caitlyn, Jakun and Thistle come back up the shaft, Loren sighs slightly, turns around, and heads back up. Once he's with the others, he asks, "Sorry, I think this place is getting to me. What exactly is the situation? Warriors? Circlets?"

Out of character, I'm thinking we just need to make a decision and do it. I feel a bit like we've analyzed ourselves into paralysis.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

If they have a little more time can she see what she knows about the undead they fought from the description?


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
If they have a little more time can she see what she knows about the undead they fought from the description?

Mariel's already gotten a knowledge check on them.


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

WoooOOOOOw!! I did NOT like those skeletons!! They were very mean and tried to hurt us! Let's not go near them, again, because they are mean and pokey!


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Yeah Loren you're not wrong there. Anyway the only obvious thing to do is visit treasure island. It's a giant trap naturally, but that's what is left to us.

Loren wrote:
He asks, "Sorry, I think this place is getting to me. What exactly is the situation? Warriors? Circlets?"

Quitetly in Solmnanic Caitlyn laid the situation out for him as she saw it, "As Mariel rightly points out we're here because of the refugees. There's supposed to be something here that will get us into Thorbardin. Sleeping Art no doubt..." she shivered. "Speaking of which below skeletons rose to attack, they told us that the dark one Fistandantalus bound them with circlets. Jackun suspects those are in treasure island. He could be right." She looks like she ate something sour as she spoke.


Male Human Knight of the Sword (Warpriest) 7 | HP: 84/84 | AC: 22 t11 fl 22 | Fort+9 Ref+3 Will+10 | CMD 21 | Perception +4 | Init +2
Conditions/Effects:
Bull's Strength (Enhancement, +2 to Atk and Dmg); Divine Favor (Luck, +2 to Atk and Dmg); Haste (Untyped, +1 attack, +1 dodge AC and Reflex); Mittens (Morale, +1 Attk, Dmg, Save v Fear)

Loren nods grimly. "Alright. The three of you saw what is down there. If you think the right path is that pile of 'treasure', so be it. You're looking for circlets to control some skeletons? Can we try to look for those particular magical auras?"

The knight starts going through his options as he prepares for whatever fel trap they're about to spring.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The Revered Daughter will channel if anyone is hurt
4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 3, 2) = 11


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Were we able to tell the kind and style of armor that the skeletal warriors had? Knights of Solamnia for example?


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
Were we able to tell the kind and style of armor that the skeletal warriors had? Knights of Solamnia for example?

It was fairly antique, but not specifically Solamnic.

Also there were further areas at the bottom of the shaft and possibly through the chittering crevasse if you'd like to check those. You can check the island too, of course. Just didn't want you to go there thinking you had exhausted every other possibility.

Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

mittens is slow in his progress to catch up with the others


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Perhaps we have no other option but to go to the isle of dread she says.


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

"With the treasure!?"


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She nods.


Male Human Knight of the Sword (Warpriest) 7 | HP: 84/84 | AC: 22 t11 fl 22 | Fort+9 Ref+3 Will+10 | CMD 21 | Perception +4 | Init +2
Conditions/Effects:
Bull's Strength (Enhancement, +2 to Atk and Dmg); Divine Favor (Luck, +2 to Atk and Dmg); Haste (Untyped, +1 attack, +1 dodge AC and Reflex); Mittens (Morale, +1 Attk, Dmg, Save v Fear)

I have detect magic but not a lick of Spellcraft. If Jakun can still fly, maybe he can buzz around the totally not trapped and completely legit island of treasure (without touching anything) to see if any circlets are radiating an appropriate aura? Alternatively, we can all just walk into the space and have readied actions to prep for a fight as soon as the totally non-existent trap is sprung.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She doesnt have detect magic :( or :(


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Looking like she ate something disgusting, Caitlyn sighs and resigns herself to almost certain doom. Sounding rather brighter than she felt,
Caitlyn stated walking towards the 'treasure' and remarked, "Well then lets get to it. The undead don't have all day..."


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Sadly, neither do the living. she replies to her friend.

Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

smiles as they head towards the island


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82(96/96) | -1 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Jakun nods to his allies, "I shall fly over and ascertain whether any dangers lurk about..."

Jakun does just that.


Gay Male Inhuman
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:

Jakun nods to his allies, "I shall fly over and ascertain whether any dangers lurk about..."

Jakun does just that.

Jakun barely flew into the cavern before the companion's light dimmed. Even his darkvision seemed faded. A chill rose up and his breath became mist. The noisy cascade of water from above subsided to a distant whisper. The glittering gold turned wan, the color of a dreary morning instead of summer cheer. The shadows moved, their rippling surface taking the semblance of scales the size of Jakun's head, with deeper darkness in the vague, shimmering shape of eyes and a mouth. The head, body, wings, and limbs attached seemed more suggestion than substance as the tremendous wyrm drew back, opened its jaws, and something like flame made of utterdark kindled within.

And then stopped, bit back in utter silence from which a soft, deep voice emerged.

"Ah...Master has returned." The shadow made a motion that may have been a bow. "It has been very long. Is it Master's will that I slay these intruders who have defiled his home with their presence?"


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

Thistletorp looks almost crestfallena s all the shiny treasure turns to dross.

He even sniffles a little in pain.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

By Paladine, what is that? A dragon. made of shadow? she exclaims.


Male Human Knight of the Sword (Warpriest) 7 | HP: 84/84 | AC: 22 t11 fl 22 | Fort+9 Ref+3 Will+10 | CMD 21 | Perception +4 | Init +2
Conditions/Effects:
Bull's Strength (Enhancement, +2 to Atk and Dmg); Divine Favor (Luck, +2 to Atk and Dmg); Haste (Untyped, +1 attack, +1 dodge AC and Reflex); Mittens (Morale, +1 Attk, Dmg, Save v Fear)

Loren immediately drops into a guard position, sword at the ready, and interposes himself between the shadow and Mariel. "Indeed... and Jakun's possessing spirit is its master." Let the Red Robe talk, Loren. Wait...

Loren will ready an action for a standard charge at the 'dragon' if it takes an action that would harm anyone other than Jakun, not because he doesn't want to protect Jakun, but because this is magic, he doesn't understand it, and figures Jakun might need to sacrifice something of himself to control the dragon and I don't want a devious GM going "oops, triggered!" ;-)


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She shakes her head sadly.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82(96/96) | -1 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Jakun sneers at the shadow, "Intruders? These are my servants. Harm them not slave.

I have returned to seek that which is mine in this place. Most specifically I need a key to unlock the gates of the vile dwarves that defied me so long ago. The key was a tool of a Dwarven Prince. Know you where it lies in this place?"

As he speaks, Jakun scans the island for the circlets.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Caitlyn's neck prickled, first from the shadowy dragon and then even more so due to Jackun's words. Somehow she didn't think this would end well, even if the shadowy wyrm bought it hook line and sinker.

3,151 to 3,200 of 3,564 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Samnell's Dragonlance Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.