Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Samnell's Dragonlance Campaign

Game Master Samnell

It's Dragonlance. And Pathfinder. Both. At the same time.
Present Map
Map of Abanasinia, aka Misspelled Ethiopia


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,760 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

@GM: Dragon AC are -2 to EVERYONE, and an addtional -2 to Thistle.

Thistletorp giggles, enjoying the game. Hmmmmm.. nope. No coals yet. This is very odd. Do you have a furnace in you? Poke.. Poke Poke.. Poke poke poke Like lightning, he spins in the air, cutting at the dragon thrice.

Rules are how we know we're having fun:

attack, flank, Mittens, Bless, Haste : 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 33 Dragon AC is at -4 (so 28) to Thistle, and 30 to everyone else
damage, debilitating injury, Mittens, sneak attack: 1d4 + 7 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + (4, 4, 3) = 22 extends duration of AC damage for 1 round (still -2 to everyone, -4 for Thistle)
attack, flank, Mittens, Bless, Haste: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 20
damage, debilitating injury, Mittens, sneak attack: 1d4 + 7 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + (3, 2, 4) = 19
attack, flank, Mittens, Bless, Haste: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 27
damage, debilitating injury, Mittens, sneak attack: 1d4 + 7 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + (3, 5, 6) = 25

AC is... 21+1(Mittens)+1(Haste)= 23


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 68/68(82) | -3 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Round 2

Jakun roars, "Ancient Dragon Mother! Your hatchlings are long dead, these are human children you keep prisoner, help us. Help us set them free!"

The Wizard does not believe his words will have any real impact on the Dragon but he felt compelled to utter them all the same, thereafter he activates a command word firing force missiles at the Dragon from his Arcane Staff.

Magic Missile 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) + 3 = 9 - Spell Resistance 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Heroic Surge

Jakun calls upon his own reserve of power to then cast another spell and rain more force missiles upon the Dragon.

Magic Missile 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) + 3 = 11 - Spell Resistance 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Jakun sighs as neither spell appears to have any effect...


Gay Male Inhuman

Fixed the ACs.

Auntie Dragon ACs: 30, T3, F30, all -2 vs. Thistle; SR 24

Round 2
Jakun roars, "Ancient Dragon Mother! Your hatchlings are long dead, these are human children you keep prisoner, help us. Help us set them free!"

The Wizard does not believe his words will have any real impact on the Dragon but he felt compelled to utter them all the same, thereafter he activates a command word firing force missiles at the Dragon from his Arcane Staff. Jakun calls upon his own reserve of power to then cast another spell and rain more force missiles upon the Dragon.

Both spells melt against the dragon's scales.

"Lies! My hatchlings are here! I can hear them. I know their heartbeats like my own. You will NEVER take them from me! NEVER!" the dragon roared so loud the sound had a force all its own, reverberating off the walls. Somewhere in the bowels of Pax Tharkas, the alarm gong began to sound again.

The impact from the dragon's massive blow raced down Caitlyn's arms. It was like driving a sledgehammer into solid rock! Shacking she tried to press home her attack, but her blows glanced harmlessly off the dragon's incredibly tough hide!

Thistletorp giggles, enjoying the game. "Hmmmmm.. nope. No coals yet. This is very odd. Do you have a furnace in you? Poke.. Poke Poke.. Poke poke poke." Like lightning, he spins in the air, cutting at the dragon thrice. Twice his blade tasted blood. Still no coals, but the dragon's blood did sizzle when it hit the ground.

The dragon wheeled on Thistletorp, blunt teeth and claws closing on his tiny body like an oversized apple. They ripped flesh, smashed bones, and left the kender near to death. He had never felt such a thing!

But even as Auntie Dragon turned on the kender, her wings lashed out. They flew open with the force of a thunderclap, smashing into Caitlyn with bone-jarring force. The long, pale red tail swept forth and collided with Mittens, nearly bowling him over at the same time.

Rules Stuff:

And Thistle has the dragon's attention.

Bite: 1d20 + 45 ⇒ (19) + 45 = 64
Damage: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (8, 1) + 12 = 21
Claw: 1d20 + 40 ⇒ (12) + 40 = 52
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 7) + 6 = 17
Claw: 1d20 + 40 ⇒ (8) + 40 = 48
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 = 10

And for Caitlyn some more.
Wing: 1d20 + 40 ⇒ (3) + 40 = 43
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 = 17
Wing: 1d20 + 40 ⇒ (10) + 40 = 50
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13

One for Mittens
Tail: 1d20 + 40 ⇒ (17) + 40 = 57
Damage: 2d8 + 18 ⇒ (5, 1) + 18 = 24

The last of the kids will be clear in 3 rounds

Active Buffs
Caitlyn: resist fire, bear's endurance, bull's strength
Jakun: Bear's endurance
Mittens: Shield of Faith (+3), Draconic Reservoir
Mittens' AoE: +1 morale bonus to AC and on attack rolls [overlaps with Bless], damage rolls, and saving throws against fear [overlaps with Bless]as long as they remain in the area of light
Everyone: Bless, Haste for 6, +5 morale to fear saves

Mittens hp: 20/65
Thistletorp hp: 2/50

Order is Jakun, Caitlyn, Thistletorp, Dragon, Mittens, Mariel. The party is up!


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
How beat up is the dragon?

Not very. Caitlyn hit it really good Thistletorp just did two more hits -there's visible wounds- but she could take a fair number of blows like that.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 68/68(82) | -3 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Round 3

Jakun sighs, it seems this is how his journey will end, saving little monkeys from themselves. Alas, at least a battle can be sung about his death before such an awesome beast of legend!

The Minotaur pauses and casts True Strike on himself.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She will continue to guard and shepherd the children away.


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Abstractly Caitlyn noticed the spreading pool of blood and terrible wounds Thistle had taken. She barely noticed her own pain and slipped into her own world where there was only the kata and her movements where fast and unyielding! Ringing like a bell, Wyrmslayer smashed repeatedly into the bulk of the dragon.

Full Attack with bulls' strength, power attack, rage, haste, bless, bane, flank (Thistle) and reckless abandon. AC = 15 but lets face it aunty dragon wasn't going to miss regardless...
Hasted attack: 1d20 + 6 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 32Damage: 1d12 + 18 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 2 + (4, 6) = 42
Primary attack: 1d20 + 6 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 32Damage: 1d12 + 18 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 18 + 2 + (6, 2) = 36
Iterative: 1d20 + 6 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 5 = 33Damage: 1d12 + 18 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 18 + 2 + (1, 3) = 25


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

Thistletorp, bleeding from his many wounds grasps his swords tightly and glares with anger and determination. You're not going to hurt those children! All childishness is gone. The innate wonder and innocence of the kender vacant from his eyes. His voice is harsh, whether from blood or pain or anger. You will not! You will die, first. He descends on the dragon, blades spinning in a whirlwind of steel.

Kender murder-top-action go!:

attack, flank, Mittens, Bless, Haste: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 17
damage, debilitating injury, Mittens, sneak attack: 1d4 + 7 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + (5, 5, 5) = 24
attack, flank, Mittens, Bless, Haste: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 22
damage, debilitating injury, Mittens, sneak attack: 1d4 + 7 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + (4, 5, 3) = 23
attack, flank, Mittens, Bless, Haste: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 20
damage, debilitating injury, Mittens, sneak attack: 1d4 + 7 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + (2, 3, 5) = 20


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

I just hope she doesn't breathe fire on you all

Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

round 2
mittens swings at the beast again roaring at her

haste attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29
damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3) + (6, 6) + 13 = 28

base attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38
damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3) + (4, 6) + 13 = 26

second attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (6) + (4, 1) + 13 = 24

round 3

mittens says a prayer to his god as he attacks again knowing this is his last action

haste attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5) + (4, 5) + 13 = 27

base attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34
damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (6) + (4, 3) + 13 = 26

second attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5) + (4, 4) + 13 = 26


Gay Male Inhuman

Auntie Dragon ACs: 30, T3, F30, all -2 vs. Thistle; SR 24

Round 3
Mittens swings at the beast again, roaring at her. His blade bit only once as Mariel continued ushering children out and down the stairs.

Jakun sighs, it seems this is how his journey will end, saving little monkeys from themselves. Alas, at least a battle can be sung about his death before such an awesome beast of legend! The Minotaur pauses and casts True Strike on himself.

Abstractly Caitlyn noticed the spreading pool of blood and terrible wounds Thistle had taken. She barely noticed her own pain and slipped into her own world where there was only the kata and her movements where fast and unyielding! Ringing like a bell, Wyrmslayer smashed repeatedly into the bulk of the dragon. Caitlyn did real damage, cutting deep and feeling the elfblade strike bone. Auntie Dragon roared in pain and the walls shook.

Thistletorp, bleeding from his many wounds grasps his swords tightly and glares with anger and determination. "You're not going to hurt those children!" All childishness is gone. The innate wonder and innocence of the kender vacant from his eyes. His voice is harsh, whether from blood or pain or anger. "You will not! You will die, first." He descends on the dragon, blades spinning in a whirlwind of steel. Every strike glanced off hard scales.

"No! You will die!" the great dragon inhaled, the strength of her aged lungs creating a small windstorm as she drew breath. Her whole chest glowed like a forge fire and waves of heat radiated from it. The air felt as though it might melt. Brimstone filled the air as the dragon drew back her neck and opened her jaws. Within was almost too bright to bear.

A second roar filled Pax Tharkas, a bellowed challenge from the dark tunnel whence Flamestrike had come. A brilliant red bulk followed it, smashing into the elder dragon and throwing her against the far wall. The two passed over Thistletorp in a great rush of wind and wings, colliding with the hard stone and breaking through. Sunlight poured into the chamber.

Astride the smaller, brighter red sat a man wearing a hideous mask. Thistletorp knew him as the one who spoke in the throne room: the dragon highlord. As his dragon roared, he cried out in a harsh voice: "Enough, Flamestrike! You will reduce this fortress to ruins!"

Perched on the edge of the fortress, a third of her body in open air, Flamestrike wheeled on the younger dragon and the highlord.

"You! You did this! They are your creatures! DIE!" A wall of flames engulfed the red and the highlord both, so bright they painted the world in streaks of purple afterimage. The younger dragon launched himself at the elder and their battle took to the air.

If you want, you can try to shoot arrows at them or something but they're putting on distance fast.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Wow, I hope that we take the hint and run...

The half-elf hearing the commotion and feeling the disturbance in the cavern calmly tells the children We must hurry little ones. Your mothers are waiting for you.


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Caitlyn's eyes grow wide with fear as the other dragon and it's rider confront Flamestrike. She shouldered wyrmslayer and scooped up Thistle and implored her companions, "We must run" Painfully she limps the direction Mariel took the children.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 68/68(82) | -3 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Jakun nods, "It appears the Gods were with us!"

Once Mittens clears him, Jakun abandons his position and heads towards the children to sped up the process of the evacuation. He turns to one of the older children, no longer heeding his appearance, "In which direction are your father's imprisoned human?"


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

Thistletorp stared in awe at the fighting dragons. Wooooow! Those are... Wooooooow!

He really wished he was up there on top of the dragons. He'd see such amazing things! But. He couldn't do that right now. He was hurting. For some reason, the dragon didn't like him poking it.

We should go now so we can see more of the dragons fight.


Gay Male Inhuman
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:

Jakun nods, "It appears the Gods were with us!"

Once Mittens clears him, Jakun abandons his position and heads towards the children to sped up the process of the evacuation. He turns to one of the older children, no longer heeding his appearance, "In which direction are your father's imprisoned human?"

"The mines somewhere!" the child near-shouted back at Jakun, gaping at the minotaur.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

We need to get the children to their mother's quickly that we might be able to get to the men in the mines.


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

"Come lets ask their mothers" replied Caitlyn urgently. She helps shoo any remaining children back towards safety. Once inside the mother's room, Caitlyn shouts over the din of frightened children, "We would free your men folk. There isn't much time, where are the mines?!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

once they get to the room and reunite the children with their mother the Revered Daughter will call upon the might of Paladine to heal her companions Paladine, Valiant Warrior, hear the prayer of your unworthy servant and heal these brave warriors, kender and mage. They have done will in protecting and rescuing your little ones. Bind their wounds that they might fight again.

3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 6) = 11


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Considering the wounds Thistle took you might need to do that again a couple of times!


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

She will trade in her magic vestment spell for a Cure wounds spell (3rd level)

Paladine, hear my prayer and again, lend your healing aid to this kender who was hurt defending your little ones.

3d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) + 7 = 15


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Calling upon the god again, the Revered Daughter channels positive energy
3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 5) = 10


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 68/68(82) | -3 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Once the children are returned to their mothers and aunts and Jakun's and Mitten's presence is fully revealed he will approach the one who appears to be a leader. "Have you any idea how to get to the mines? It is there that we will find and rescue your husbands, brothers, and sons.".

He then turns to Eben, "This time, we will need you along Eben, the fighting to get there may be thick and another sword may be necessary..."


Gay Male Inhuman

I applied all the healing.

The Companions ushered the children down the stairs and away from the roar of battling dragons. Along the way they met four groups of hobgoblins and draconians, all quickly dispatched despite their still considerable wounds. They came back to the quarters of the women to find Eben nowhere to be seen. The women declared that he fled as soon as the party were out of sight.

Caitlyn wrote:
"We would free your men folk. There isn't much time, where are the mines?!"
Jakun wrote:
Once the children are returned to their mothers and aunts and Jakun's and Mitten's presence is fully revealed he will approach the one who appears to be a leader. "Have you any idea how to get to the mines? It is there that we will find and rescue your husbands, brothers, and sons."

The children proved little help in learning where to find the mines, but a few of the women knew and guided the Companions through the growing chaos in Pax Tharkas. The battle of the dragons had prompted many of the dragonarmy to use the distraction for settling scores with others, while still more simply watched the spectacle and gave little attention to humans, minotaurs, elfkin, and kender moving about. Where officers and draconians did maintain order, they only slowed the advance briefly.

Passing up the stairs again and through the great wall of Pax Tharkas, the Companions found the huge gates open and a tremendous boulder blocking them tight. A metal ring taller than a man sprouted from its top and a chain of similar size -just the size of the one Thistletorp climbed- fell off to the far side of the rock.

Soon enough they emerged on the southeastern side of the fortress, amid a high-walled valley. A great cave with a busy smeltery spewing forth smoke and fumes stood before it and many sweating men worked nearby, doing their best to ignore the draconians peering at the spectacle now high above. The two dragons looked no larger than Thistletorp at this distance.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 68/68(82) | -3 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

DM:
How many Draconians are present? If we can defeat them what appears to be the best way to flee with these prisoners? I suppose back to the elven woods is NOT the answer nor is back to Solace. So its south or east towards the Plains correct?


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Caitlyn tried to think of the best way down and how to free the men but the events of the past few minutes where catching up with her. She was still badly wounded and with the adrenaline gone she started to shake badly and it was all she could do not to throw up.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 I think Caitlyn is still quite badly wounded although the channel helped.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 5) = 12

The cleric will channel again.

Liberty's Edge

oathbound(wyrms/undeath) warrior of the holy light

Mittens follows behind the others his gaze keeps following the dragons as they walk


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Does the channeling help or do I need another one?


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

Thanks Mariel! I feel much better now! You were all glowy and magical! Like that wizard Spielberg who made the nifty illusions that one time! Or, Jakun! But, Jakun makes things explode, and you didn't make me explode. that would have been fun. i've never exploded before. But, I'm glad I didn't. I don't think I'd be able to do other things if I exploded.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Does anyone else need healing?

I too am glad that you did not explode Thistltorp. Or that you did not implode. You were very brave to help fight that dragon to defend the children/


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
Does the channeling help or do I need another one?

Everyone's topped off except Caitlyn (83/114) and Mittens (53/65).


Gay Male Inhuman
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

There's a dozen or so dracs in a few groups. You can easily take them, especially given the distraction. However, you now know the main egress from Pax Tharkas is blocked, the fortress in general is still in the hands of the enemy (you only saw a small part of it) and there's a hostile army on the far side of the gates. Southeast to the plains is your best bet. What's down there would be a good Knowledge check. :)


Gay Male Inhuman
Caitlyn Weissman wrote:

Caitlyn tried to think of the best way down and how to free the men but the events of the past few minutes where catching up with her. She was still badly wounded and with the adrenaline gone she started to shake badly and it was all she could do not to throw up.

[dice=Perception]1d20+13 I think Caitlyn is still quite badly wounded although the channel helped.

Caitlyn is fairly sure that the draconians are distracted enough to be taken by surprise and handwaved to death. :)


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 68/68(82) | -3 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

Jakun considers the options for the group at this time. Once combat is at hand, he will conserve his remaining magical energy and engage with the Draconians at melee range.

Knowledge Local - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14.
Knowledge Geography - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20.
Knowledge History - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27.


Init+2 HP98 AC19 T18 FF12 CMB 24 fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Are the men chained? Guessing no from the description.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Once everyone is freed the Revered Daughter springs into action Quickly, we must leave this place. We should be able to hide in the plains and get far away from here while the army is in such disarray.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26 Diplomacy


Gay Male Inhuman
Caitlyn Weissman wrote:
Are the men chained? Guessing no from the description.

They're not. The chains are the hostages up in Pax Tharkas that you just freed. :)


Gay Male Inhuman
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:

Jakun considers the options for the group at this time. Once combat is at hand, he will conserve his remaining magical energy and engage with the Draconians at melee range.

Knowledge Local - 1d20+7.
Knowledge Geography - 1d20+7.
Knowledge History - 1d20+8.

Jakun believes that the valley is on the Old South Road, build by Ergoth at its height. That road would take them through the mountains and out to the plains of Dergoth, which once fed Pax Tharkas, the Dwarfhome of Thorbardin, and had surplus to spare. The plains were the sight of the great kin-strife of the dwarves, the Dwarfgate War.

Soon after the Cataclysm, when the land still shook and spouted fire, and all roads were broken, the plague-struck dwarves of the hills fled to the mountain fastness of their kin. The deep dwarves shut their gates, pleading that they could not feed so many in those dark times. To let the plague be breathed in their halls might forge the end of all dwarves.

The Underthanes and High King met with the hill dwarves at Pax Tharkas, but they came near to blows. There things stood for two long years as dwarves ate the plains clean and died by the scores. A great wizard of the Order found them in their desperation and saw in it the cause of Magic. If he could be the salvation of the dwarves, it would open their eyes to the power of the three moons and shine the light of High Sorcery into that dark age.

The wizard, Fistandantilus, gathered an army of plainsmen to join the stricken dwarves in their cause. At his side and advising him on arms stood the gladiator Pheragas, who won fame in the Great Circus of Mithras. Reinforced, they struck at Pax Tharkas and seized it from Thordbardin. A clan of deep dwarves within betrayed their fellows in the cause of right, greatly aiding the assault.

Fistandantilus drove south across the plains, while the deep dwarves sent assassins against Fistandantilus. He prevailed against them, though smote by a hammer and gravely wounded. His army drew near to Thorbardin's gates. Against them stood the fastness of Zhaman, which the army took by storm. Fistandantilus took Zhaman as his home and there began some mighty work which would open Thorbardin's gates.

While the wizard researched, word came to the army that once more deep dwarves would open the gates to them. Without his knowledge, they launched an attack on Thorbardin's Northgate. This time, the hill dwarves were deceived and the deep dwarves fell on them from the rear. The few survivors agree that the armies pressed against Zhaman, which exploded with a brilliance that outshone the sun itself. It was the last thing any of them ever saw, as their eyes burned and burst in their sockets. Those who came after found Thorbardin still closed to the world, but the plains desolated and Zhaman a melted ruin that eerily resembled a skull.

Jakun knows little about the present state of affairs, save that the deep dwarves survive still and none dare the remains of Zhaman in these three hundred years.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 68/68(82) | -3 CON | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter) | Shadow's Status |

"To the south we should go. The plains to the west were already attacked by the Dragonarmies remember what Goldmoon told us? Perhaps the Dwarves will open their doors to us? These times call for all to make sacrifice if we hope to defeat these Dragons their underground realm could be our only succor.

If they will not open them to us, there is a fortress called Zhaman, perhaps from there I can find the magic that would be used by the ancient Wizard Fistandantilus to open them myself..."

Fistandantilus once more eh... Jakun thinks to himself.


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

Thistletorp, much healed, now ,thanks to the ministrations of Mariel, bounds through the field at the lead of the group. Yay! Outside! Let's explore!


Gay Male Inhuman

The companions struck while the battle of the dragons raged above and in only minutes, the many slaves were free.

And you may have a level.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Hooray.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The Revered Daughter will spend her time ministering to thone who are hurt and sick and will also spread word about the gods of light


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

GM. are there any older teens or young adults attracted to the faith? The reason I ask is that next level I get Leadership as a feat and will begin to gain followers and cohorts


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
GM. are there any older teens or young adults attracted to the faith? The reason I ask is that next level I get Leadership as a feat and will begin to gain followers and cohorts

If you want there to be one, then there is. :) Most of the refugees are humans, but there's room for others too.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

It doesn't matter. Maybe she can give a sermon or something like she did with the elves


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
It doesn't matter. Maybe she can give a sermon or something like she did with the elves

Sorry, I was unclear. I'm basically giving you carte blanche to invent a cohort from among them. :) There will be a contingent of believers either way, but I feel like it's your class feature and you should get to define the cohort.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

okay. I'd like to rp it out


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
okay. I'd like to rp it out

We can do that. I can set up something for town the road as soon as the party's settled on course of action and done anything they wanted to finish up at Pax Tharkas.

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,760 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Samnell's Dragonlance Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.