Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Samnell's Dragonlance Campaign

Game Master Samnell

It's Dragonlance. And Pathfinder. Both. At the same time.
Present Map
Map of Abanasinia, aka Misspelled Ethiopia


1 to 50 of 2,282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gay Male Inhuman

Day One: Autumn Harvest 13, 351 AC. Dusk.

Five years could be as long or short a time as circumstance dictated, but it had come and gone. The lure of home and old promise alike drew five natives and one new friend toward Solace as agreed long ago.

Though they searched diligently, none found sign of gods any truer than those the Seekers and others preached. None commanded the wonders that Ansalon beheld before the old gods turned away and the ruin of the world. Faith died countless deaths, one heart at a time as a shadow devoured the two moons, the black flame woke, the red flame swept the plains, the trees wept blood, the earth shook, and the sky fell.

But the Innfellows had only found what many had before them. They would come home and see old friends again. If they could not have triumph to share, then reunion had its own rewards.

Caitlyn, Jakun, and Thistletorp:

As the long distance to Solace shrank, anticipation grew. Just as the first house-bearing vallenwoods peeked out from amid the trees, you come around a bend in the road and find the way blocked by armsmen bearing the nine-pointed star of the Highseeker's militia. Two of them had a farmer's cart stopped, searching through its contents while the driver and a passenger stood by under the close eye of other guards. Another pair stood apart, looking down the road. One held the chain of a vicious hound.

You're about two hundred yards distant and the guards don't appear to have seen you just yet.

Gavin, Mariel, and Tania:

Solace loomed nearer and nearer, but the forest still blocked its view. The road passed through a spot where the trees and underbrush pressed especially close, swallowing up much of the horizon and throwing long shadows.

As you proceed toward home, Gavin spots rustling in the bushes one one side of the road, against the breeze, and the telltale glint of steel in the fading light on the other.

Rules Stuff:

Gavin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Mariel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Tania: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Hiders: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Opening with two separate scenes. I tried to keep the groups even but still put backstory companions together. If you weren't traveling with so and so otherwise, you can assume that you met on the road earlier today.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

dot


Init+2 HP98 AC19 12tch 18ff fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Caitlyn puts her hand up stopping the rag tag group in it's tracks. Conspiratorially she whispers, "I know I promised you a warm welcome, but that's not quite what I had in mind. It seems the seekers have grown bold."

Caitlyn grew up in Solace, she was confident she could sweet talk her way past the guards, they where men after all. She risked a sidelong glance at her unlikely companions, a Kender and a Minotaur! She still couldn't quite believe it, and they had been travelling together for almost a week now... Getting them past the guards on the quiet, well that wasn't going to happen.

Without really thinking about it, she fussed with her long flame red hair and finally satisfied with her appearance she tells them, "Lets march over there like we belong here, like this is all perfectly normal..." Her lips quirk slightly as she suppresses a laugh. Assuming we don't get killed in the process, expanding the horizons of some backward goons was going to be fun!


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Since I dont't see them she will continue her conversation with Gavin and Tania about the virtues of the Seeker faith. "So you see, we are called the Seekers because we seek the True Gods."


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82 | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter)

Caitlyn, Jakun, and Thistletorp:
Jakun looks at Caitlyn, "Are my kind welcome here? I know that my race should be welcome everywhere, we are after all possessed of great strength and wisdom In these dark times though I d not wish uneducated Humans to see me as a monster. Say the word and the magic in this old black hat Thistletorp and I found can be used to disguise my appearance".

Jakun snorts in irritation at the thought of going around cloaked but better that than attacked.


Init+2 HP98 AC19 12tch 18ff fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Caitlyn, Jakun, and Thistletorp:
Caitlyn smiles, "About that, they might get rather excited, I know I did. Given all that they may even overlook master Thistletorp." This was something that guards never did. "Of course if you're not looking quite so... Distinguished we'll need to think of how to get him past." Turning to Thistletorp she suggests, "Perhaps a little dose of the truth, your traveling with your minotaur friend but you can't see him right now. They won't believe that but they won't take you seriously either."


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82 | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter)

Caitlyn, Jakun, and Thistletorp:
Jakun grumbles and don his hat Hat of Disguise making himself appear shorter and lessening the protrusion of his horns.

Pulling his hood over his head he also starts to walk with a bit of a limp using the quarterstaff as a cane.

"At least I shall look less threatening now...:


HP 27/60| Init +8| Perc +5| AC 18/T12/ FF13| Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +2

Ok, maybe this quick post to help my group move along and also dot the gameplay thread. I'll have my sheet and format down ASAP tomorrow.
At the sight of glinting steel, Gavin, ever vigilant, unsheathes his great sword in an ostentatious display of bravado.
"Brace yourselves! It seems we have company! In the bushes, show yourselves!"

If this is leading to combat, Gavin will use his rapid tactician ability to share with Mariel and Tania the Paired Opportunist feat

He whispers to his partners "Form a triangle, close together. Deny them the flank."


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

sorry Gameplay wasn't beeping for me
Thistletorp pouts when Jakun's horns disappear. "Poo, I liked those. Oh well." He shrugs, nothing keeps This down for long, and scampers down over to the Seekers. "Hiya! I'm Thistletorp Babblebrook, pleased to meetcha!" He sticks out his hand for a shake. "Whatcha doin' here? It looks really neat! Maybe I can help watch the things in the cart?"

let's make that a bluff check to distract them
Bluff to distract: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Init+2 HP98 AC19 12tch 18ff fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Caitlyn, Jakun and Thistletorp:
Caitlyn nodded with approval as Jakun's features morphed into those of an odd looking but definitely human man. Inwardly however she cringed, Jakun's casual use of magic brought up unbidden painful memories of her brother Justin. She had watched him take the test where he had been pushed beyond the limit and had suffered life changing burns.

Shaking her head to bring her back to the present, she tells them, "Right lets do this. I'm sure we can get Jakun past now, we just need master Thistletorp to be on his best behavior! No borrowing things and try not to say anything too pointed to the guards, even if they do deserve it."

Looking suitability bored, as if she had been past this checkpoint a thousand times, Caitlyn sauntered up and hailed the guards, "Good evening gentleman. I've got two travellers with me looking to stay overnight at the inn, Masters Jackun and Thistletorp. Not known them for long but they seem to be a good sort. As for myself, I'm Caitlyn Weissman, I've come home." She flashes the guard the briefest of smiles. Without any irony she adds, "It's been a while, I'm sure Ma and Pa have missed me." Her parting had not been on the best of terms, maybe the intervening years had mellowed Pa and Thomas, or maybe not. You had to be realistic.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The half-elf will ready her mace.


HP 64/65 || AC 20, T 13, FF 17 || F +10, R +8, W +6 || Init +2 || Per +12 || MF 0/6 used || KO 1/1 used || Buffs: -4 Str and Dex Poison

Tania's heart feels both light and heavy as she meets old friends and gets closer to Solace. Light for she feels happy at the thought of renewing her friendship, all still alive she guesses, and coming back to Solace, a winderful place hosting so many happy memories, smells, and tastes.

Heavy, well, coming back meant her travel comes to an end, and the failure of it now hits like a sword, and then there's her mother...

GMT:
At the sound of rustle, Tania pays no mind to the proferred advice and makes for the nearby trees, where she hides with her bow ready.


Gay Male Inhuman

Caitlyn, Jakun and Thistletorp
The guards motioned for them to halt at a respectful distance and then approached the travelers. They gave Caitlyn and her companions a close look, but didn't pay any more mind to Jakun than the other two. They all carefully ignored Thistletorp's extended hand, but he clearly had the attention of several.

"Shouldn't be any trouble. We just need to ask some questions before letting you by. Theocrat's orders," said the sergeant, a hard-faced woman. "Were have you come from? And have you seen or heard anything about a blue crystal staff?"

Both Caitlyn's and This' skill checks succeeded, but the guards still want answers.


Gay Male Inhuman

Gavin, Mariel, and Tania
Their trap discovered, eight yellow-green hogboblins rise, four to either side of the road and arranged to encircle the three travelers. They wear heavy black armor and hold cold steel in hand. One rises almost where Tania meant to enter the wood. A stout pony trots out on the road ahead, coming from behind a thick stand of trees. On it rides a flabby, larger hobgoblin.

"Onyx demands the Blue Crystal Staff. Forfeit it now and I, Fewmaster Toede, will spare your miserable lives!"

Whether this comes to combat or not depends a bit on the PCs. You might be able to talk or intimidate your way out of it.


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth
Samnell wrote:

Caitlyn, Jakun and Thistletorp

The guards motioned for them to halt at a respectful distance and then approached the travelers. They gave Caitlyn and her companions a close look, but didn't pay any more mind to Jakun than the other two. They all carefully ignored Thistletorp's extended hand, but he clearly had the attention of several.

"Shouldn't be any trouble. We just need to ask some questions before letting you by. Theocrat's orders," said the sergeant, a hard-faced woman. "Were have you come from? And have you seen or heard anything about a blue crystal staff?"

Both Caitlyn's and This' skill checks succeeded, but the guards still want answers.

Thistletorp's eyes grew round as saucers, and his fingers danced in the air. "A blue crystal staff?! WOW!!!!!!!!" He inched towards the cart. I've never seen a blue crystal staff before! I bet it's very special and important! I should make sure it's safe and that no one' hurt it or stolen it"

HYPER BLUFF DISTRACTION POWERS ACTIVATE!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


HP 27/60| Init +8| Perc +5| AC 18/T12/ FF13| Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +2
Samnell wrote:

Gavin, Mariel, and Tania

Their trap discovered, eight yellow-green hogboblins rise, four to either side of the road and arranged to encircle the three travelers. They wear heavy black armor and hold cold steel in hand. One rises almost where Tania meant to enter the wood. A stout pony trots out on the road ahead, coming from behind a thick stand of trees. On it rides a flabby, larger hobgoblin.

"Onyx demands the Blue Crystal Staff. Forfeit it now and I, Fewmaster Toede, will spare your miserable lives!"

Whether this comes to combat or not depends a bit on the PCs. You might be able to talk or intimidate your way out of it.

Gavin looks towards Mariel with her mace braced for combat. He gives her a quirky raise of the eyebrow before he lowers his great sword to a less threatening position, yet one that would allow him to retaliate at a moment's notice if things went against them.

Kn. Arcana to recall anything regarding the staff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
If Mariel decides to use Diplomacy against Toede, she will receive a +6 bonus as Gavin chimes in to her conversation, verbally backing her up where necessary.


Init+2 HP98 AC19 12tch 18ff fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Caitlyn, Jakun and Thistletorp:
Caitlyn frowned slightly, this wasn't the homecoming she had been expecting. Solace occasionally had guards in the past, but never ones harassing travelers over some misplaced trinket. Biting down her annoyance she decided the best course was the truth, "I've come from Jansburg, visiting my ancestral home. A complete waste of time, there's naught but a burnt shell left. As for a blue crystal staff, I've never heard of such a thing." While truthful, this wasn't the whole truth. After visiting Jansburg, she'd spent over a year in Solanthus chasing the dream of being a knight. A foolish notion! Ser Crispin hadn't been interested in her prowess as a warrior. No, he'd lead her down the garden path hooping for a conquest. Months later the betrayal still felt raw.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Seeing Gavin lower his sword, Mariel will begin Fewmaster Toede, we are law abiding denizens of Solace. This is the first that I have heard from anyone and my Seeker sources that there is a Blue Crystal anything. Now that we know we are more than happy to help find the Staff for this Onyx. Though the name is not familiar to me. Is this Onyx a new Seeker leader?

Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 6 = 33


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

What a wonderful roll!


Gay Male Inhuman

Gavin, Mariel, and Tania

Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
Seeing Gavin lower his sword, Mariel will begin Fewmaster Toede, we are law abiding denizens of Solace. This is the first that I have heard from anyone and my Seeker sources that there is a Blue Crystal anything. Now that we know we are more than happy to help find the Staff for this Onyx. Though the name is not familiar to me. Is this Onyx a new Seeker leader?

The smug grin ran away from Fewmaster Toede's face. He sat still for a long, awkward moment.

"You really don't know? Blast! Keep your eyes open. If you see it, bring it to me at once. I'll be in the area, or tell the Theocrat you need to see me. He can arrange it. But speak nothing of this to others. We need that staff. It's dangerous. Very dangerous. We must get it into trustworthy hands."

Damn you and your good rolls! :)


Gay Male Inhuman

Caitlyn, Jakun and Thistletorp

Despite their best efforts, more of the guards end up carefully watching Thistletorp's antics.

The sergeant heard Caitlyn out and nodded, then turned to Thistletorp.

"Nevermind, not worth the trouble. You can proceed, but if you see or hear anything about the staff, report it to the Seekers at once."


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Of course Few Master Toede. If uncovered the Theocratic will be informed. The half elf says.


Gay Male Inhuman

Gavin, Mariel, and Tania

Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
Of course Few Master Toede. If uncovered the Theocratic will be informed. The half elf says.

"Good. Be on your way then," the hobgoblin said. His men parted to let the party pass.


HP 27/60| Init +8| Perc +5| AC 18/T12/ FF13| Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +2

GM: Not sure if you caught my roll or if it wasn't enough. Got a 15 on Arcana to recall any information on the staff.

Gavin gives Toede and his men a curt nod and continues on the path, ready to meet any who attack him head-on.

If they manage to get beyond earshot
"Do we have any intentions of following through with Mr. Toede's demands? It sounds to me that he's sending us on a wild ride, if anything."

I had to :(


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth
Samnell wrote:

Caitlyn, Jakun and Thistletorp

Despite their best efforts, more of the guards end up carefully watching Thistletorp's antics.

The sergeant heard Caitlyn out and nodded, then turned to Thistletorp.

"Nevermind, not worth the trouble. You can proceed, but if you see or hear anything about the staff, report it to the Seekers at once."

"You betcha!" Thistletorp givese the Seeker a quick salute. I promise to the keep the staff safe if I find it!" He grins and scampers away. His deft fingers slip something into his pocket as he makes his way past the group

Sticky Fingers: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21


Init+2 HP98 AC19 12tch 18ff fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

As they wait for Thistletorp Caitlyn asks Jackun, "How did you meet master Thistletorp anyway?"

Later when Thistletorp is eventually allowed past the checkpoint, Caitlyn leads them to the Inn of the Last Home. Pausing on the threshold, the place brings back so many memories. This is where she first met her 'honey eyed half elf', where wandering bards filled her and her brothers heads with dreams. Her stomach rumbled, bringing her out of her reveri. She considered, Should I go straight home, or eat first? Best if I eat first, they won't be expecting me.

Decision made, she walks in and assuming she can find a free table, she orders food and a mug of ale.
Shall we handwaved expenses like these?

If there is anyone to talk to, she makes some general small talk hoping to catch up on the latest gossip.

Gather information: General Rumors: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep
Gavin Carroway wrote:

GM: Not sure if you caught my roll or if it wasn't enough. Got a 15 on Arcana to recall any information on the staff.

Gavin gives Toede and his men a curt nod and continues on the path, ready to meet any who attack him head-on.

If they manage to get beyond earshot
"Do we have any intentions of following through with Mr. Toede's demands? It sounds to me that he's sending us on a wild ride, if anything."

I had to :(

This is indeed troubling Gavin Carroway. The fact that there are goblins and hobgoblins looking for something and waylaying peaceful villages is not a good sign. I wonder if the Seekers know about this or if this Onyx has taken control of the High Seeker Council in Haven? Either way it does not bode well.


Gay Male Inhuman
Gavin Carroway wrote:
GM: Not sure if you caught my roll or if it wasn't enough. Got a 15 on Arcana to recall any information on the staff.

I saw it but forgot to resolve it. Shame on me. Five minutes behind the woodshed, anything goes.

Gavin thinks that a staff made out of crystal couldn't make for much of a weapon unless it was magically reinforced, but he hasn't heard anything about such an item in particular.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82 | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter)

Caitlyn, Jakun and Thistletorp:
Jakun continues with his routine through the streets of the town which seemed quite different from other human towns he had seen. Humans living in trees, it seems they are monkeys after all. he chuckles to himself.

The Minotaur keeps his voice low, raspy even, as he responds to Caitlyn, "I was a bit of an outcast on my own home isle. As a steer of magic not just might, I thought I would journey to the mainland and take the Test here. Along the way I decided to stop in Kendermore as I find the race quite curious. While there, devoid of most of my goods, I befriended Thistle who aided me in getting my items back from his own people. Since then we have been inseparable, sharing many strange journeys. Some, quite literally, out of this world if you ask him. Though I still don't believe we were on the moon..."

Once at the Inn, Jakun finds a nice dark corner away from the fireplace to ensure that he remains in the shadows. Far too much attention is being paid by the authority of this place and Jakun does not wish to attract their attention. Especially not while he is so close to achieving his goal of finding Wayreth...


Gay Male Inhuman
Thistletorp Babblebrook wrote:

"You betcha!" Thistletorp givese the Seeker a quick salute. I promise to the keep the staff safe if I find it!" He grins and scampers away. His deft fingers slip something into his pocket as he makes his way past the group

[dice=Sticky Fingers]1d20+15

Thistletorp came away with a plain dagger that had a nine-pointed star engraved on its blade.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Is our group heading towards the Inn of the Last Home?


Gay Male Inhuman
Caitlyn Weissman wrote:

Decision made, she walks in and assuming she can find a free table, she orders food and a mug of ale.

Shall we handwaved expenses like these?

Absolutely. :)

Five years had changed Solace little, save that Caitlyn saw an unfamiliar man working at the long-neglected forge at the foot of the trees. Up above, a few more people than she remembered moved about on the bridges and platforms. Among them were small groups in the same livery as the guards who questioned them at the edge of town. Most people gave them some space.

Caitlyn found the Inn of Last Home much as she'd left it, high in the vallenwoods. Warm laughter reached out to greet her. The polished bar wound around the branches just as it had before. The many-colored windows cast fading spots of tinted light about the floor. The same low murmur of voices, and smell of Otik's cooking, filled the air. A red-haired barmaid who drew some eyes took her order. Only a few moments after did she recognize the girl as Tika Waylan, all grown.

Caitlyn heard ominous rumors about people, always a friend of a friend or a neighbor's neighbor, who went into their fields, or off on a short trip, never to return. Others saw strange beasts abroad, but always from afar. Strangers got a bit closer look than they might have once.

A man at a table said a bit more, "Saw some strange men -hooded, mind- asking about a crystal staff down by the square. Queer folk. Didn't sound like from around here, you know."

A nearby fellow overheard and invited himself to the conversation, chiming right in: "I was out with my boy two days ago and the Holy Guard were all turned out -the ones up from Haven, you know- all up and down the road they rode, hassling people over some kind of staff. Said anyone that knew anything should get on to Haven to tell Seeker High-and-mighty about it. Heard later Hederick was sore on him being here. Politics! Best stay clear."

Over at the bar, Otik opined, "That sounds like magic to me. Probably forged by something from out of Darken Wood. Takes a braver man than me to get near anything from that cursed place. Something come from there, it's probably brought the curse with it. Best put it back where it belongs. Throw it in from the edge or something. Whatever wants it can go in there to get it." Otik made a warding gesture, spinning his fingers thrice widdershins and giving his bar a good rap.

"There's ruins in there full of gems and steel," a girl added. "That's what they say. Never heard anyone who came back from looking."

Near the fire, an oldster near to napping roused himself. He spoke with eyes wild and alcohol on his breath. Some stained his clothes as well. "Oh! No... I don't know about such things...but I bet if there's any truth to it then there's some great and terrible destiny bound to the thing. Best take it back to where it belongs. Carry it and carry its perils. That's how these things go. Fit for the brave, I suppose. Foolish too. It's all got its own weight. Could be Darken Wood, could be. There's things about in there, no doubt. Or Xak Tsaroth, of the ancients. My grandfather, he used to say beautiful things came from there before the dark times. Had it from his own grandfather. Who knows about such things?"

Most within earshot gave the oldster an odd look and said nothing in answer.


Gay Male Inhuman
Mariel Uth Kaldar wrote:
Is our group heading towards the Inn of the Last Home?

That was the agreed upon meeting place. If you want, you can hop in whenever you like.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82 | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter)

Jakun coughs and calls out to the oldster still using his fake raspy voice, "Xak Tsaroth? What is that place old one? The name is strange on my tongue..."

Darken Wood my hoof, every town has a haunted wood nearby, superstitious nonsense...


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

Thislte, Caitlin, and Jakun:

We were on the moon! You could tell because it was hard and I bounced a lot! And my relatives didnt' steal your stuff, they were just borrowing them for a bit! Yuo should thank them, really. They made sure your stuff wouldn't break when you needed it. They were testing it out. Thisteltorp bounces along the road, flitting roward to look at a flower one moment, and then a curious rock the next.

He sticks his hands in his pockets and pulls out a plain dagger that had a nine-pointed star engraved on its blade. Wow! Look at this! It just ended up in my pockets. See! Things need to be watched out for, or they just leave and go some place else! He looks at the dagger, fascinated, for a moment, and then puts it back into his pocket.

C'mon! I want to show you Solace! I used to live here y'know. Living in trees is fun, much more entertaining than on the ground in a house like everyone else![/b[

As Thisteltorp walks past the forge, he giggles and waves at the smith, before moving up the stairs to the Inn of the Last Home.
Super Hyper Klepto Powers Activate!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Inside, he clambers onto a stool and orders and ale. [b]Hiya Otik! Dinner smells great! I'll have some! Oooo! What's that? Are those new mugs! People were talking about a blue crystal staff on the way into town... those um.. people... They had armor and were searching a farmer's cart. I think they were trying to make sure he cabbages didn't wander off. Cabbages do that sort of thing, y'know. Wander. My Uncle Barbbledown always said that cabbages wander off, like all vegetables. And, that's why he kept his pots in the tool shed. He takes a hefty swig of his ale, the flagon looking comically large in his tiny hands.

But, if we find the staff, we should keep it so it doesn't wander off like those cabbages.


Gay Male Inhuman
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:

Jakun coughs and calls out to the oldster still using his fake raspy voice, "Xak Tsaroth? What is that place old one? The name is strange on my tongue..."

Darken Wood my hoof, every town has a haunted wood nearby, superstitious nonsense...

"Oh yes, Xak Tsaroth," the oldster said. "They used to call places that way. It was somewhere," he waved vaguely. "Off east from here. There used to be a rhyme, was it?" He pondered for a moment. "The Great City of Xak Tsaroth, beauty surrounds you... I can't remember anymore now. They had...domes and such. Markets. Much more trade before our fallen times. Gold to pave the streets, back when gold was worth something."

"And you'd best see to that cough of yours, my boy. It's never good time to take ill in the chest."


Gay Male Inhuman
Thistletorp Babblebrook wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

As Thisteltorp walks past the forge, he giggles and waves at the smith, before moving up the stairs to the Inn of the Last Home.
[dice=Super Hyper Klepto Powers Activate!]1d20+10

The smith gave Thistletorp a hard look. Up the tree, just before he walked into the inn, the kender found a small collection of electrum pieces in his pocket. A blacksmith's puzzle.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82 | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter)
Samnell wrote:
Jakun Stormhoof wrote:

Jakun coughs and calls out to the oldster still using his fake raspy voice, "Xak Tsaroth? What is that place old one? The name is strange on my tongue..."

Darken Wood my hoof, every town has a haunted wood nearby, superstitious nonsense...

"Oh yes, Xak Tsaroth," the oldster said. "They used to call places that way. It was somewhere," he waved vaguely. "Off east from here. There used to be a rhyme, was it?" He pondered for a moment. "The Great City of Xak Tsaroth, beauty surrounds you... I can't remember anymore now. They had...domes and such. Markets. Much more trade before our fallen times. Gold to pave the streets, back when gold was worth something."

"And you'd best see to that cough of yours, my boy. It's never good time to take ill in the chest."

"Thank you revered one. Perhaps some tea shall soothe my cough". I should look up the histories of that place while in Wayreth, perhaps Thistle and I can go there in search of adventure together, once we are finished with Wayreth of course.

He signals to the red headed barmaid, "Tea" he coughs trying to keep the act of the sick old human up.


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

As the group approaches the Inn of the Last Home Mariel is full of sadness. It was from here that she had left to Solamnia 5 years ago to seek her grandfather's fate. It was here that she returned a few months ago, abased and dejected from her Grandfather's people. It was here that she was ridiculed by the High Theocrat when she wanted to join the Seeker faith, even though she believed in her head that the Seeker gods were real. She had been seen as impure because of her mixed heritage. Still she remembered the friendly Tika and the kind Otik Sandeth. With a sigh she walked up the steps, waving at Theros Ironfeld as she passed his smithy. Opening the door so as not to cause too much notice she moved to sit by her friends and tried to melt into a corner.


HP 27/60| Init +8| Perc +5| AC 18/T12/ FF13| Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +2

"Well ain't she a sight for sore eyes!" Gavin says to himself. "Wow. Five whole years."
To Gavin, he was always an outsider in Solace, but he had a soft spot for The Inn of the Last Home, due in part to Otik's warm reception and spiced potatoes.

"I can just taste them now! Warm and crisp pieces of heaven on earth. I'm sure mum & pa would understand if I waited to see them."

He could barely contain his excitement as he stepped inside the inn. Boisterous and jovial as ever, Gav calls out to Otik.
"'Allo, 'allo! Rejoice Otik, I've returned! Two portions of spiced potatoes please and a half barrel of your finest ale!"

For the time being, it felt great to be back. Gavin missed the familiarity of Solace, but knew if he stayed too long it would drive him mad. After his grand entrance, he removes his Greatsword from his back and rests it against the table and sits among his friends.
"Well, well, well, darlings. It seems we've made it back safe and relatively sound. How 'bout a round on me?"


Init+2 HP98 AC19 12tch 18ff fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Over a bowl of Otik's famous spiced potatoes washed down with a flagon of dwarven ale, Caitlyn relaxes with Jackun and Thistletorp. With a deadly serious face, she addresses the sender, "The moon you say? That must have been quite the adventure. You'll have to tell me how you got there somethime, and which moon it was." Giving Thistletorp a knowing wink she whispers, "There's three you know... Only two of which you can see." It probably wasn't wise to tease the kender about such things, but Caitlyn thought it was harmless.

Later an old timer, one she doesn't recognize starts rambling about Xak Tsoroth. After the man falls silent, she cautions Jackun, "They also say the streets of Palanthus are pathed with gold. Well I was there briefly two summers past, and the streets were cobbled with stones. Ordinary ones. Nice city mind, except for the creepy abandoned part everyone pretends isn't there."

A little later a loud brash voice calls out. "Well well well if it isnt 'little' Gavin Carroway, all grown! How the devil have you been? Oh and is that Mariel lingering at the door?" Caitlyn pulls over a couple of chairs and laughs happily, "Don't just stand there, letting the draft in, come over!"


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82 | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter)

Jakun's eyes go wide as he sees Gavin for the first time in some time.

He gestures to the warrior wheezing and speaks in a rasping voice, "Young man come closer I would see the friend of my friends".

As he closes in Jakun whispers to him, "It's me Gavin, Jakun! In disguise of course the authorities seem less than friendly. A good disguise eh? Who would mistake a feeble wheezing human for one of my powerful stature". He grins, "What the devil are you doing here and how do you know Caitlin and Thistle?"


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Greetings Caitlyn Weismann, and to you Thistlethorp Babblebrook, and to you, there new companion. she says as she sits down, orders a bit of wine and Otik's potatoes.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82 | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter)

Jakun looks to the woman keeping his voice in a rasp, "Well met young woman. It says something of the character of you all to meet here so many years later after leaving this place in search of your own adventures. I it is my pleasure to meet all of you to be sure".


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The half elf will nod and smile and then begin to pay attention to the old man.


HP 70| Init: +9| Perc:+12/+14 traps/+12 surprise | AC 22/ T20/FF14/Tr 24 Uncanny Dodge Fort +5 | Ref +13 (+15 traps) | Will +3 | immune to fear | Evasion | +27 Stealth

Thistletorp hears his friends and beams. 'Hiya guys!" He waves and seemingly hugs every one of them at the same time. "How's it going? Where've you been? I've been all over the place! I saw Kendermore, and hobgoblin cook pots, and Nordmarr, I think. Or was it Southern Ergoth? It might have been Sancrist. It was definitely a place. With ground. And mountains. And air. Oh! And water! There was water, there, too! The moon doesn't have a lot of water, it has other things. I got married! And, then I wasn't married anymore. Then I met my friend here. Friend, this is Gavin and Mariel and Tania. They're my friends. You know Caitlyn already. She's my friend, too. We grew up together here in Solace. Isn't that great!?" He pauses for breath, sticks his hands in his pockets, and pulls out 3 different objects. His eyes grow wide as he regards them all.

[b"]How did THEY get in there? See... I keep telling you guys, you need to be more careful with your things. They wander, y'know. Very tricksy, things. Very tricksy indeed!"[/b] He hands the things back to their rightful minders with a happy grin. "It's like my Uncle Brambledown always said: Keep a sharp eye on your cabbages,and you pots in the tool shed, or you won't be able to find either when you need them!"

The tiny kender sits at the table with everyone else. He teeters atop a small booster log that puts him level with the table and sips his large cup of ale. When Tika brings his bowl of potatoes, he thanks her and heartily digs in. "So, what did everyone else do?! I met my friend here, and then we found some Seekers. They were helpfully keeping a farmer's cabbages from running away. They asked about a blue staff, too. But, y'know, if they really wanted to find it, they shouldn't have lost it in the first place." He shook his head morosely and ate a few potatoes in silence. "People keep losing things, and that's not safe at all. Those things could get broken. Or lost for good! Or, they could hurt you! Brooms, especially! You have to keep your eyes on brooms. They like to fall or hit you in the bottom! And, that's why I told the Seekers that if I found the staff, I'd keep it for them. So it wouldn't hit them in the bottom!"

He bobbed his head happily, his topknot and forelock wildly sway in the air with the motion.


HP 27/60| Init +8| Perc +5| AC 18/T12/ FF13| Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +2

"Caitlyn! Beautiful as ever." He gives her a strong bear hug, nearly lifting her off the ground. Caitlyn had been his first, and he'd argue, only crush. He made it no secret that his biggest weakness was his feelings for Caitlyn. Lucky for him, she was no damsel in distress and could probably toss him around the room like a sack. He sets her back down and pats her on the shoulders.

"A lot more's grown since last we met. Check out this sword! Can't believe I fancied the ol' sword & board at one point. I got this lovely piece about a year ago while abroad and haven't looked back since. " Gav mockingly searches for his sword, muttering under his breath "Now where did that sword even get to? Could it be? Did Thistletorp manage to filch something bigger than he?" Another massive hug, this time for Thistle and with less pressure. "How are you, dear friend? I sure did miss your thieving little crab claws"

The old man catches him off guard. Who could this old man possibly be, and why would Caitlyn and Thistletorp risk his poor life with their company?

"Greetings old man, I don't believe I know you, but a friend of a friend deserves the same welcome" He leans in close and hears the mention of his oldest friend.
Whispering back in Kothian, he fights to contain his excitement
<<"Jakun? Surely this must be some twist of fate! I am elated to be in your company again!">>

"Wow! What a great moment, us all being here. I nearly forgot about Fewmaster Froege or 'atever his name was asking Mariel, Tania and I for the same object. A Blue Crystal Staff. How peculiar that something could be such a hot ticket item."


F AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor) hp 65 (7d8+9) Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

It is indeed that there is a hobgoblin looking for the Blue Crystal Staff. I do not ken how the High Seekers would be working with a hobgoblin and other goblinoids when they want nothing to do with non-humans. says the half-elf.


Male Minotaur - Wizard 7 (Red Robe) - HP 82/82 | AC= 16 | CMD = 17 | Init +4 |F - +9|R - +4|W - +8|Per + 7/+10 | Immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to magically discern his alignment. Wizard 7 (Transmuter)

Jakun replies Kothian "Yes a fascinating twist of fate indeed my old friend. Have any of you a home here that we can retreat to? I fear revealing my true nature here may lead to confrontation none will want on a simple journey o reunite with friends".

At the mention of the Fewmaster Jakun replies in common, "Interesting the seeker guards we met did not give their names. A odd name Fewmaster, who would admit to being so powerless over others..." he states with a wheezing voice.

At Mariel's statement Jakun sputters, "A Hobgoblin? This Fewmaster was a Hobgoblin? Then his name is well deserved."


Init+2 HP98 AC19 12tch 18ff fort +8 ref+4 will+3
Rage:
HP119 AC17 10tch 16ff fort +11 ref+4 will+5 (+5 superstition)
Skills:
Acro+8 Climb+12 Diplo +13 Intim +12 Perc +12 Ride+8 Survival +12

Gavin was one of a very select few who could do that without Caitlyn breaking something. Even so it took her by surprise, so she had to turn the punch into the kind of pat on the back that tended to leave a mark. Or it would have done if he hadn't been wearing armor under that cloak. Still the tension was broken by his unbelievable line about the sword, slowly at first and then almost uncontrollably she started to laugh. Seriously who other than Gavin would come out and say something like that?!

With a catch in her voice she admitted, "Ah hells I've missed you all, even Gavin. It's good to be able to laugh again, felt like I'd forgotten how. You know I went to follow my dreams, join the knights and all that? If I ever try something stupid like that again, please stop me!"

She subsided, lost in thought, listening to the banter of the others before remarking to Jakun, "That is a most peculiar title, never heard the like before." Pausing for sip of ale, she adds, "I wonder if there's a reward for this staff they seem to want so badly? Nah scratch that, every sneak thief and street tough from here to Sancrist will be after it. Carrying such a thing will be a ticket to a shallow grave, even if we did find it."

1 to 50 of 2,282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Samnell's Dragonlance Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.