Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Samnell's Against the Necromancers

Game Master Samnell

Sundabar and Environs
Setting primers
Present Battle Map


651 to 700 of 888 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male Human Magus 3/Wizard (Evocation (Admixture)) 3/Gestalt 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 20/24, touch 16 20/24, flat-footed 10 14/18 | CMD 16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +0 | Arcane pool 5/5 |
Magus Spells:
1st - 3/3
Wizard Spells:
2nd - 2/2, 1st - 3/3

At the mention of possible Ogres, Ranek draws on his arcane bond and conjures forth the arcane armor he'd worn previously (guessing mage armor from the last fight against the horses has worn off). He held his wand of shielding at the ready.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Seeker Empyreal Sorceror / Perfect Scholar Unchained Monk of the Mantis (3) HP (45/45) AC (20/24) T (19) FF (15/19) Saves (8/8/8) Initiative (+5) CMD (25) Lvl 1 Spells (4/6) HF (7/7) SF (5/5) Ki (5/5) Per (+10/11 traps)

It's been 45 minutes from the tower to the mines. So your mage armor should still have 2 hours and 15 minutes...ish...left on it.


Male Human Magus 3/Wizard (Evocation (Admixture)) 3/Gestalt 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 20/24, touch 16 20/24, flat-footed 10 14/18 | CMD 16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +0 | Arcane pool 5/5 |
Magus Spells:
1st - 3/3
Wizard Spells:
2nd - 2/2, 1st - 3/3

I didn't cast mage armor at the tower - I cast it when we fought the horses. We still haven't rested to regain spells, so I'm using my arcane bond for that one.


Gay Male Inhuman

The mine entrance is a vertical shaft. You'll need a Climb DC 10 to get down safely. DC 5 if you've got some rope you can tie up. Otherwise it's a fall to unknown depths.


Half-Elf Bard (Rubato) 3 // Fighter 3 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 20, 16 Tch, 14 Fl | CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +4 (Situational) | Init: +4 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6 | Bardic Performance: 10/13 | Active conditions: Inspire Courage, Encouraging Roar

Peering over the edge, Barra mutters "How did they get down there before?" before pulling a neat coil of rope out of his pack and looking for something to rig it to. Once that's done, he'll toss his lit torch down before beginning the climb. "You were expecting me to what, hold it between my teeth?"


Seeker Empyreal Sorceror / Perfect Scholar Unchained Monk of the Mantis (3) HP (45/45) AC (20/24) T (19) FF (15/19) Saves (8/8/8) Initiative (+5) CMD (25) Lvl 1 Spells (4/6) HF (7/7) SF (5/5) Ki (5/5) Per (+10/11 traps)

With expeditious construction I can make a structure up to 30 feet long. Can I make stairs for us so we can all walk safely down (and retreat up if need be?)


Male Dwarf| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +9, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Darkvision 60ft., SM: +9| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None. | Channel energy (2d6) 2/3 Gestalt Bloodrager (untouchable rager)/Cleric of Clanggedin Silverbeard/3rd | Rage: 6/10 Rounds
Bolkvar Stonebeam wrote:
With expeditious construction I can make a structure up to 30 feet long. Can I make stairs for us so we can all walk safely down (and retreat up if need be?)

NO. Save your spells. Sometimes its fun to do things the old way. Plus, we can just take a 10 and get down safely.


HP 33/33 | AC 15, T 15, FF 14 | CMD 20 | F +4, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +10
Resources:
Arcane Pool (4/5) | Ki Pool (2/5) | Perfect Strike (2/3) | Spells Prepared (Conc +7) - 0 Level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand; 1st Level: Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield

Ari follows Barra over to the edge and looks down. She mutters a few words and four balls of light appear in front of her. Casting dancing lights. She lowers the lights down into the hole as far as she can.

She says to Barra, "Take your time descending. I'll have an arrow notched on my bow should you need covering fire. Please be careful. We know other creatures have passed through here recently. There's a very good chance some of them are still here."


Human Oradin 3 | HP 33 AC 18 T12 FF16 | CMB + 7 CMD 19 | +8 fort +7 ref +7 will | +2 init (roll twice) | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Diplomacy +9 Handle Animal +8 Kn:Nobles +7 Kn:Religion +7 Perception +6 Sense Motive +6 Spellcraft +7 Survival +7

As Barra made to clinb down, Marcus put his hand on his shoulder and said quietly, "Barra it might be better if I go down first, in case there's a reception party below."
Climb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 -4 ACP :(

The decent wasn't so bad, even despite wearing bulky armor, so much so that Marcus found he was able to keep an eye out as he descended.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Gay Male Inhuman
Bolkvar Stonebeam wrote:
With expeditious construction I can make a structure up to 30 feet long. Can I make stairs for us so we can all walk safely down (and retreat up if need be?)

You can, but the pit is deeper than 30 feet so you'd have to put a landing in or something, or abut two castings.


HP = 27/27|AC=14|PP=4/20|Ini+2(3)|Per+7|For+5|Ref+6|Will+6 Shadow's Status

Aldon carefully makes his way down, taking the time he needs not to slip, after all, as on of the group in the middle his fall will dislodge those below him!

Climb take 10 = 14


hp 33E/39H/72T | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F 8, R 7(9 w/ stance), W 9| imn Fear, Dis +4 psn, Elec 5 | init 7 (11 w/stance) | Dark 60' | perc 16
spells:
1st: 4/day
maneuvers:
1st: 3/readied
detect evil at will | summon monster 2 6/day

Hakon slings his shield over his shoulders and starts down.

climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Male Dwarf| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +9, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Darkvision 60ft., SM: +9| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None. | Channel energy (2d6) 2/3 Gestalt Bloodrager (untouchable rager)/Cleric of Clanggedin Silverbeard/3rd | Rage: 6/10 Rounds

Thurvek follows the human paladin down the rope.
Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human Magus 3/Wizard (Evocation (Admixture)) 3/Gestalt 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 20/24, touch 16 20/24, flat-footed 10 14/18 | CMD 16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +0 | Arcane pool 5/5 |
Magus Spells:
1st - 3/3
Wizard Spells:
2nd - 2/2, 1st - 3/3

With the others heading down the rope, Ranek follows behind, carefully.

Climb, Take 10: 10 + 5 = 15


Half-Elf Bard (Rubato) 3 // Fighter 3 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 20, 16 Tch, 14 Fl | CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +4 (Situational) | Init: +4 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6 | Bardic Performance: 10/13 | Active conditions: Inspire Courage, Encouraging Roar

Shrugging, Barra steps to the side before climbing down himself. If someone else wanted to be first unto the breach, far be it for him to argue.

Taking 10, for a total of... 10.


Seeker Empyreal Sorceror / Perfect Scholar Unchained Monk of the Mantis (3) HP (45/45) AC (20/24) T (19) FF (15/19) Saves (8/8/8) Initiative (+5) CMD (25) Lvl 1 Spells (4/6) HF (7/7) SF (5/5) Ki (5/5) Per (+10/11 traps)

Bolkvar sighed. Leave it to humans to mess up something as simple as a mine entrance. He contemplated fixing it himself, but decided against tiring himself out unnecessarily. He joined the others in climbing down.

Take 10 Climb for 14


Gay Male Inhuman

The company descended without great difficulty. The walls were smooth, especially further down, but the winters and water had done their work and provided many cracks and gaps to aid the rope. In due course, they came to the shaft's bottom. There stood a tangle of wrecked that looked to have once been a wooden frame, some sort of winch, and a platform nearly large enough to fill the shaft above. The wood was rotted, the rope a frayed memory, and the whole of it submerged in about a foot of water that remembered winter better than Auril Frostmaiden's teat.

The shaft opened into rough chamber about half again as wide, with nothing further save a green sheet of copper that spanned the mouth of what looked to be a tunnel from side to side.


Seeker Empyreal Sorceror / Perfect Scholar Unchained Monk of the Mantis (3) HP (45/45) AC (20/24) T (19) FF (15/19) Saves (8/8/8) Initiative (+5) CMD (25) Lvl 1 Spells (4/6) HF (7/7) SF (5/5) Ki (5/5) Per (+10/11 traps)

”Can’t imagine human younglings going down here willingly. Dangerous enough climb an’ nay light. ‘Course they may have been taken.”


Male Dwarf| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +9, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Darkvision 60ft., SM: +9| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None. | Channel energy (2d6) 2/3 Gestalt Bloodrager (untouchable rager)/Cleric of Clanggedin Silverbeard/3rd | Rage: 6/10 Rounds

Once everyone got down the shaft safely, Thurvek begins to examine the shaft floor for any tracks..or blood.
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


HP 33/33 | AC 15, T 15, FF 14 | CMD 20 | F +4, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +10
Resources:
Arcane Pool (4/5) | Ki Pool (2/5) | Perfect Strike (2/3) | Spells Prepared (Conc +7) - 0 Level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand; 1st Level: Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield

Ari looks around the chamber, sending her dancing lights forward to allow her to see what her human eyes would otherwise be blind to.

Like Thurvek, she looks for tracks or any other sign of who or what might have been there or might still be there. She also looks to see if she notices anyone or anything lurking in the shadows.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Not sure what penalties would apply to those rolls given the environment, so please apply as needed.


Male Human Magus 3/Wizard (Evocation (Admixture)) 3/Gestalt 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 20/24, touch 16 20/24, flat-footed 10 14/18 | CMD 16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +0 | Arcane pool 5/5 |
Magus Spells:
1st - 3/3
Wizard Spells:
2nd - 2/2, 1st - 3/3

Once down Ranek steps to the side to allow others to descend, pulling out his sword and the wand of shield. He scans the area around them, wary of ambush.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


Half-Elf Bard (Rubato) 3 // Fighter 3 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 20, 16 Tch, 14 Fl | CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +4 (Situational) | Init: +4 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6 | Bardic Performance: 10/13 | Active conditions: Inspire Courage, Encouraging Roar

Dropping down into the water, Barra lets out a startled "Gah! That's cold!" and scrambles out and onto the wooden wreck. Precariously, he steps from wreckage to wreckage while he recovers his torch and moves into the next room.

"So... behind this thing, then?" He asks once everyone's down, giving the copper sheet an idle kick.


HP = 27/27|AC=14|PP=4/20|Ini+2(3)|Per+7|For+5|Ref+6|Will+6 Shadow's Status

Aldon stands out of the way allowing those more competent do what they are skilled at doing.

He does though look around for perhaps some hidden way. Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Gay Male Inhuman
Lightfooted Barra wrote:

Dropping down into the water, Barra lets out a startled "Gah! That's cold!" and scrambles out and onto the wooden wreck. Precariously, he steps from wreckage to wreckage while he recovers his torch and moves into the next room.

"So... behind this thing, then?" He asks once everyone's down, giving the copper sheet an idle kick.

The sheet gave a dull thud out in repayment for Barra's kick. Examining it further, the company found that it had been pried back at some point, but then bent almost into normal shape on one side. It looked as thought something large and strong simply manhandled the barrier out of the way, then put it back with some care.


hp 33E/39H/72T | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F 8, R 7(9 w/ stance), W 9| imn Fear, Dis +4 psn, Elec 5 | init 7 (11 w/stance) | Dark 60' | perc 16
spells:
1st: 4/day
maneuvers:
1st: 3/readied
detect evil at will | summon monster 2 6/day

Should we try and force it open?


Seeker Empyreal Sorceror / Perfect Scholar Unchained Monk of the Mantis (3) HP (45/45) AC (20/24) T (19) FF (15/19) Saves (8/8/8) Initiative (+5) CMD (25) Lvl 1 Spells (4/6) HF (7/7) SF (5/5) Ki (5/5) Per (+10/11 traps)

Knowledge Planes to try and figure out what might have done that: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Bolkvar looked at the damage closely. Whatever did this was large. It was strong. It was smart enough to put it back carefully, even if it was on the orders of something else. He looked to see if he could see the residue of an outsider. Or the markings of a beast, such as a troll or ogre. Or even the fragments that would have been left behind by an undead construct...

Detective dwarf on the case


HP 33/33 | AC 15, T 15, FF 14 | CMD 20 | F +4, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +10
Resources:
Arcane Pool (4/5) | Ki Pool (2/5) | Perfect Strike (2/3) | Spells Prepared (Conc +7) - 0 Level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand; 1st Level: Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield

Ari keeps her bow at the ready as she examines the sheet. She also keeps her dancing lights active, lest something sneak up on them in the dark.

She glances over at Bolkvar and says, "Could some of your magic help us get access? I think we have to search beyond the sheet. We would be failing in our duty otherwise."


Male Human Magus 3/Wizard (Evocation (Admixture)) 3/Gestalt 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 20/24, touch 16 20/24, flat-footed 10 14/18 | CMD 16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +0 | Arcane pool 5/5 |
Magus Spells:
1st - 3/3
Wizard Spells:
2nd - 2/2, 1st - 3/3

Ranek joins Bolkvar in looking at copper plate, to see if the two could combine their knowledge to determine what did it. After all, there were intelligent magical beasts, aberrations, and humanoids that could also have done this.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Human Oradin 3 | HP 33 AC 18 T12 FF16 | CMB + 7 CMD 19 | +8 fort +7 ref +7 will | +2 init (roll twice) | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Diplomacy +9 Handle Animal +8 Kn:Nobles +7 Kn:Religion +7 Perception +6 Sense Motive +6 Spellcraft +7 Survival +7

"It may come to that Hackon, Ariyana is correct we need to check." replied Marcus. Of course it seemed prudent to sweep for any enchantments that might be present first, so Marcus hummed a chant that would attune his senses...

Marcus casts detect magic and concentrates for 3 rounds.
Spellcraft (if applicable): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Gay Male Inhuman

Bolkvar and Ranek put their heads together and consulted the signs left about the copper plate. Upon due consideration, both believed that the work of bending it was done by hand. That meant something large and powerful, probably giant-kin. They suspect trolls or ogres, but there was a chance that some sort of demon from the ghoul hold of Hellgate Keep did the work. If such a being had come so far from the Keep, it meant nothing good.

Marcus found no sleeping Art about the area.

I constantly typo Ranek's name as Ranke, who is kinda-sorta the father of modern historiography. It's going to go unnoticed at some point if it hasn't already. Be forewarned that a German historian may briefly appear amongst you. According to a Holocaust scholar I know, Ranke is deeply tedious. :)


Half-Elf Bard (Rubato) 3 // Fighter 3 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 20, 16 Tch, 14 Fl | CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +4 (Situational) | Init: +4 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +6 | Bardic Performance: 10/13 | Active conditions: Inspire Courage, Encouraging Roar

"This may be an obvious question, but... Why is there a massive copper plate down here? Is this... normal, for tapped-out mines? To stop things from living down here?"


Seeker Empyreal Sorceror / Perfect Scholar Unchained Monk of the Mantis (3) HP (45/45) AC (20/24) T (19) FF (15/19) Saves (8/8/8) Initiative (+5) CMD (25) Lvl 1 Spells (4/6) HF (7/7) SF (5/5) Ki (5/5) Per (+10/11 traps)

”Well, y’see...” K-Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Gay Male Inhuman
Bolkvar Stonebeam wrote:

”Well, y’see...” [dice=K-Dungeoneering]1d20+11

Boklvar doesn't think this is normal at all. An old mine might have its entrance collapsed or buried, but sealing it up this way is unusual. He believes that whoever did it probably wanted to be sure in a way that a simple dead fall or much moved earth and gravel wouldn't allow.


Human Oradin 3 | HP 33 AC 18 T12 FF16 | CMB + 7 CMD 19 | +8 fort +7 ref +7 will | +2 init (roll twice) | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Diplomacy +9 Handle Animal +8 Kn:Nobles +7 Kn:Religion +7 Perception +6 Sense Motive +6 Spellcraft +7 Survival +7

Marcus glanced at Bolkvar, he wasn't surprised at all to hear this was unusual. "I guess we'll have to try and pry our way in." he told the others. He tried to get a hold of the metal sheet where it had been bent before, but it was slick with condensation and he lost his grip and fell painfully on the floor.
Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Heh I guess I'd better do this properly." remarked Marcus wryly, "Torm the True, the Hand of Righteousness, we beseech your blessing as we strive to pass this barrier in hope of rescuing the lost children." He casts guidance

This time, Marcus took his gauntlets off and replaced them with some leather gloves, the better to grip the metal with. He managed to wiggle his fingers under the bit where the sheet had been bent before. He then starts to heave, putting his whole body weight behind it. When that didn't work, he put his feet on the wall has he pushed his face turning beet red and his veins seeming ready to pop. "NNNNuuugh! A hand please." he cried through gritted teeth as he strained with all his might.
Strength check with guidance: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24 Perhaps some aid another rolls? :)


Male Dwarf| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +9, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Darkvision 60ft., SM: +9| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None. | Channel energy (2d6) 2/3 Gestalt Bloodrager (untouchable rager)/Cleric of Clanggedin Silverbeard/3rd | Rage: 6/10 Rounds

Thurvek offers his might to the task.
Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


HP 33/33 | AC 15, T 15, FF 14 | CMD 20 | F +4, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +10
Resources:
Arcane Pool (4/5) | Ki Pool (2/5) | Perfect Strike (2/3) | Spells Prepared (Conc +7) - 0 Level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand; 1st Level: Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield

I'm guessing whichever one of us has the highest strength modifier should take 20 on the strength check (if that's allowed) with everyone else helping. If that is allowed, that would let us know whether or not we can brute force it.

Ari puts her bow over her shoulder and steps up beside Marcus and Thurvek to offer a hand.

Strength Check (Aid Another): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Seeker Empyreal Sorceror / Perfect Scholar Unchained Monk of the Mantis (3) HP (45/45) AC (20/24) T (19) FF (15/19) Saves (8/8/8) Initiative (+5) CMD (25) Lvl 1 Spells (4/6) HF (7/7) SF (5/5) Ki (5/5) Per (+10/11 traps)

aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Bolkvar went to assist, but failed to get a good grasp given all of the helping hands (that is his excuse and he is sticking to it).


HP = 27/27|AC=14|PP=4/20|Ini+2(3)|Per+7|For+5|Ref+6|Will+6 Shadow's Status

Aldon observes, physical strength is not his "strong" suit.


Male Human Magus 3/Wizard (Evocation (Admixture)) 3/Gestalt 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 20/24, touch 16 20/24, flat-footed 10 14/18 | CMD 16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +0 | Arcane pool 5/5 |
Magus Spells:
1st - 3/3
Wizard Spells:
2nd - 2/2, 1st - 3/3

Knowing his strength lay in mind, not body, Ranek keeps an eye out and waits for the others to open the grate - plus, there was only room for so many in front of it.


Gay Male Inhuman

The company got together and hauled on the copper plate with all their might. It slowly yielded to their ministrations, showing beyond a short corridor leading into a larger cavern with walls of reddish stone. Blue-green slime dripped off short stalactites onto the floor. Large beetles scuttled across the floor, retreating from their light. Aged picks, wheelbarrows, and other mining equipment lie rotting about the walls.


Male Dwarf| HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 (11 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 16 | F: +9, R: +3, W: +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, Darkvision 60ft., SM: +9| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None. | Channel energy (2d6) 2/3 Gestalt Bloodrager (untouchable rager)/Cleric of Clanggedin Silverbeard/3rd | Rage: 6/10 Rounds

"Hmm." Thurvek grunted. "This doesn't seem right. Why leave perfectly good mining equipment to rot..unless they had to leave quickly everything behind."
The cleric growled, "This is not good at all."


HP 33/33 | AC 15, T 15, FF 14 | CMD 20 | F +4, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +10
Resources:
Arcane Pool (4/5) | Ki Pool (2/5) | Perfect Strike (2/3) | Spells Prepared (Conc +7) - 0 Level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand; 1st Level: Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield

Ari pulls out her bow once more and notches an arrow. If there were enemies in the mine, they might be lurking nearby beyond the metal sheet.

At Thurvek's words, Ari says, "They may not have left the equipment willingly. Whatever large creature or creatures came through here could have easily scared away the miners... or worse.

"Stay vigilant, everyone. Who knows what lurks in the darkest reaches of this mine?"

Ari wills her dancing lights forward as far as they can go to see if there is another exit to the larger cavern.


Human Oradin 3 | HP 33 AC 18 T12 FF16 | CMB + 7 CMD 19 | +8 fort +7 ref +7 will | +2 init (roll twice) | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Diplomacy +9 Handle Animal +8 Kn:Nobles +7 Kn:Religion +7 Perception +6 Sense Motive +6 Spellcraft +7 Survival +7

"Indeed! Lets see if there are any tracks on this side. There's no way kids managed to open that plate by themselves, but the worry is they were taken by something brutishly strong." added Marcus.

Aided by Ariyana's lights Marcus searched for tracks.
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


hp 33E/39H/72T | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F 8, R 7(9 w/ stance), W 9| imn Fear, Dis +4 psn, Elec 5 | init 7 (11 w/stance) | Dark 60' | perc 16
spells:
1st: 4/day
maneuvers:
1st: 3/readied
detect evil at will | summon monster 2 6/day

Hakon peers into the darkness, waiting for threats to strike.

perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Gay Male Inhuman

At the far end of the square chamber, Ariyana found a rough opening that carried on. Marcus found a trail leading in that direction, or rather two trails. The first had large, bare prints with clawed toes. The second were a smaller group, physically and in numbers, who looked to be the size of grown humans. The larger tracks both came and went, but the smaller only entered.

Peering about, Hakon found the remains of several rat nests of a much larger size than usual and a copper statuette of a coiled dragon.


hp 33E/39H/72T | AC 17, T 12, FF 15 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F 8, R 7(9 w/ stance), W 9| imn Fear, Dis +4 psn, Elec 5 | init 7 (11 w/stance) | Dark 60' | perc 16
spells:
1st: 4/day
maneuvers:
1st: 3/readied
detect evil at will | summon monster 2 6/day

Just rat nests... large rat nests, and the a copper statue of a dragon. Nothing else.


HP 33/33 | AC 15, T 15, FF 14 | CMD 20 | F +4, R +5, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +10
Resources:
Arcane Pool (4/5) | Ki Pool (2/5) | Perfect Strike (2/3) | Spells Prepared (Conc +7) - 0 Level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand; 1st Level: Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield

Knowledge: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Rolling for info about the copper statuette of the coiled dragon. I have arcana, dungeoneering, planes, and religion. Apply whichever one is relevant (if any). They all have the same modifier.

Ari glances over at the statuette Hakon pointed at. She studies it for a moment to see if it looks familiar.

Then she looks back at the far end of the chamber and says, "There's a rough opening that carries on. If there's nothing else in this chamber, we should keep moving."


Male Human Magus 3/Wizard (Evocation (Admixture)) 3/Gestalt 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 20/24, touch 16 20/24, flat-footed 10 14/18 | CMD 16 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +0 | Arcane pool 5/5 |
Magus Spells:
1st - 3/3
Wizard Spells:
2nd - 2/2, 1st - 3/3

Ranek casts a spell to detect magical auras, looking about for any signs. ”Unless the trail splits, I suspect we go that way.” He indicates the opening Ariyana illuminated.


Human Oradin 3 | HP 33 AC 18 T12 FF16 | CMB + 7 CMD 19 | +8 fort +7 ref +7 will | +2 init (roll twice) | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Diplomacy +9 Handle Animal +8 Kn:Nobles +7 Kn:Religion +7 Perception +6 Sense Motive +6 Spellcraft +7 Survival +7

Marcus pointed out the various tracks, "Look at these boot marks, a group of adults entered but did not leave. The Silver Slayers perhaps? These other footprints with the clawed toes go in both directions, something bestial lives inside here..."

Cautiously Marcus explored the opening Ariyana found, trying to follow the human bootprints.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Seeker Empyreal Sorceror / Perfect Scholar Unchained Monk of the Mantis (3) HP (45/45) AC (20/24) T (19) FF (15/19) Saves (8/8/8) Initiative (+5) CMD (25) Lvl 1 Spells (4/6) HF (7/7) SF (5/5) Ki (5/5) Per (+10/11 traps)

”Let’s follow the humanoid tracks. Solve one mystery, at least.”

651 to 700 of 888 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Samnell's Against the Necromancers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.