Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

STAR WARS: DAWN OF DEFIANCE

Game Master Kip84

EXP: 7287/10000

Initiative dice:

[Dice=Avizzi]1d20+11[/dice]
[Dice=Kalus]1d20+11[/dice]
[Dice=Nomi]1d20+9[/dice]
[Dice=Russel ]1d20+10 [/dice]
[Dice=Taril Sha]1d20+11[/dice]


1 to 50 of 949 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

STAR WARS: DAWN OF DEFIANCE

Episode I

THE TRAITOR’S GAMBIT

It is a dark time in the galaxy. The evil Galactic Empire has spread from the Deep Core to the Outer Rim, and everywhere the Empire’s tyranny can be felt.

Fleeing from the oppression of the Emperor’s minions, agents of Senator Bail Organa have run to a remote space station above Brentaal. Known to be a vocal opponent of the Empire, Organa may be the last hope of freedom in the galaxy.

In the hopes of stopping these dissidents before they can reach the Senator, the Empire has alerted its forces on Sel Zonn Station, where the struggle for liberty rages on, and the first sparks of rebellion have begun to burn. . . .


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 23/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Dot


Mrlssi Noble 1 [ HP: 18 / 18 | FP: 5 | Refl +15 / Fort +11 / Will +15 | Init +7 | Percept +7 ]

.


Force Points 7/8

DOT


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

Dotting in.


3rd Degree (Luxury) Droid Noble 1

. . .


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

Link to - OPENING CRAWL! click this link, Scroll down and click 'begin' to view

Seemingly motionless among a sea of starships and satellites Sel Zonn Station hangs above the twinkling world of Brentaal. A central pylon forms the bulk of the station’s mass, and three landing platforms leading to docking bays extend from the central section, equidistant from one another and jutting out into space. The dorsal side of the station features a disc shaped secondary structure, on top of which blinking lights indicate the presence of a landing platform reserved for wealthy patrons.

You find yourself on the promenade a long stretch of cafes, shops, casinos and cantinas. Almost anything can be found here except perhaps military spec weapons. It's evening 'local time' and the promenade is not to busy, though noises of victory and the moans of defeat spill out from the gambling halls, while the music of local bands issue from the cantinas. Only a handful of citizens mill about in the main areas of the Promenade, a few gazing out the massive windows at the planet Brentaal hovering below.

Notable Shops:

• Gundark’s Cantina: Owned and operated by a gruff Human
male named “Gundark” Saff, Gundark’s Cantina is a place
where people from all walks of life can come to relax. Though
Gundark himself shows some anti-alien bias, he does not
prevent non-Humans from patronizing his establishment. As
such, it is a popular meeting place for nearly anyone on the
station, and it features a large number of secluded booths for
private conversations.
• The Credit Chip: A local casino that attracts a wide variety of
patrons, the Credit Chip is operated by a quiet and brooding
Human named Cecil Vane. The most popular games in the galaxy,
including sabacc and pazaak, see a lot of play here.
• Delgas Medical Supplies: A corporate medical practice and
pharmaceutical supplier, Delgas Medical Supplies provides
care to those who can afford it. The chief doctor in the
practice is Byra Fenn, a talented Human woman.
• Mechanical Allies: A droid repair and sales shop, this is one of
the few businesses run by a non-Human that hasn’t been
shut down by the Empire. Operated by a
Twi’lek named San, Mechanical Allies sells all manner of
droid parts and reconditioned droids.

Please introduce your character and roll a Perception check.


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 23/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Striding down the Promenade towards Gundark's Cantina, Kalus looks about with a wary eye. Though Brentaal is one of the Core Worlds and, theoretically, safe, it never hurt to be careful, especially since the Empire might discover his former affiliations. A quick meal and a drink before I grab my next transport, and then I'll be back in the Outer Rim, headed for Nar Shaddaa. Unconsciously tugging his gloves to ensure the tattoos are hidden, he continues his path toward the cantina.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


3rd Degree (Luxury) Droid Noble 1

A hooded figure moves along the promenade, thick robes concealing most of her features, though the light occasionally glints off a metallic surface under her hood. She moves slowly, trying to avoid contact with others as much as possible.

She glances at the droid workshop, contemplating looking for further upgrades, but a droid alone... she could easily be 'bolted, wiped and sold if the owner was untrustworthy. No, try the Cantina first, see if she can find allies first - there have been rumours about some sort of rebellion...

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Mrlssi Noble 1 [ HP: 18 / 18 | FP: 5 | Refl +15 / Fort +11 / Will +15 | Init +7 | Percept +7 ]

Virssl looks around the station's promenade with a sense of awe. Even though he had been traveling for a few months, the sights and sounds and smells were all still so different than what he was used to. He suspected the sense of touch was different, too, but he had learned quickly that most species don't react well to having hands laid on them without asking first.

Moving his head quickly, Virssl's eyes darted between the different shops, trying to decide where to go. He locked on the locale named "Mechanical Allies" first, thinking that having a robot along could solve some of his problems and make a suitable ally. After taking a couple of steps towards the shop, he stops, reminding himself that he may have a long way to go, and he couldn't spend all of his money on a droid. Not when he'd have to do things like book passage.

After his stopping suddenly, a male Devaronian bumps into him with a grunt, before shoving him aside. Any annoyance Virssl feels dissipates immediately as he looks after the creature. 'Fascinating.' He thinks. 'I wonder what his species horns were originally for. I really ought to ask.' But clearly in some kind of hurry, the Devaronian was already lost in the crowd.

With a frown, Virssl remembers his previous train of thought - booking passage. He supposed that he would need to do that again. Wherever the Jedi were hiding, he had a sense that there were none here. Mentally opening up a map of the galaxy, he drew a red X through the system with a sigh, thinking briefly of the futility of the map. The Jedi were almost certainly on the move, or on a planet so distant that he may never make it there. Still, he had to keep looking. Too much depended on it.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

Avizzi walks down the promenade slowly, doing his best to not bump into anyone while also taking in his surroundings. A male togruta, his crimson skin with bright white markings set him apart, as does the archaic-looking rifle slung over his shoulder. He grips the bandolier holding it tightly with one hand, the other resting on his ion pistol. His credits are tucked in the inside pocket of his jacket--unlikely anyone will be able to swipe them easily.

Most of the shops don't interest him, but he also stops in front of Mechanical Allies, peering inside for several moments. Tech... Always something useful. Potential ally, maybe. A Twi'lek running the shop. Good to see the Empire hasn't shut us all down just yet. He thinks about heading inside, but a quick mental tally reminds him that he doesn't have the money. Most of his credits went to the shuttle off the planet, and whatever he has left will need to go toward passage somewhere else.

With a sigh, he turns and moves away, shuffling back into the crowd. Cantina's always a good place to start. Lots of credits, lots of talking. A breeding ground of marks.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Force Points 7/8

Russel steps off of the transport lost in thought. His training almost forces his conscious mind to focus on where he is, after all, the next turn around a corner could result in a group of thugs looking for him.

He pauses and breathes despite being jostled by those around him anxious to get into the station for whatever reason they have to be here. Slowing down, Russel decides that he needs to find a cantina to sit and decide what to do next, preferably one where he can put his back against the wall and reach multiple exits quickly.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

Russel & Kalus:
You notice three men loitering on the Promenade in different spots who do not appear to be part of the larger crowd. Each seems to be scanning the crowd closely as though looking for someone, though they pay no attention to you. You also note that, despite wearing normal traveling clothes, each man is carrying a hold-out blaster tucked into his jacket, and all the men are wearing identical garments. The men seem to be whispering to themselves, obviously speaking into hidden comlinks.

Russel:
Your background gives you this little extra info. If these men are spies they've clearly been poorly trained. You think its more likely that they're some kind of volunteer corps.

Virssl:
You notice two men loitering on the Promenade in different spots who do not appear to be part of the larger crowd. Each seems to be scanning the crowd closely as though looking for someone, though they pay no attention to you. You also note that, despite wearing normal traveling clothes, each man is carrying a hold-out blaster tucked into his jacket, and all the men are wearing identical garments.

Avizzi & 6SYL:
You notice two men loitering on the Promenade in different spots who do not appear to be part of the larger crowd. Each seems to be scanning the crowd closely as though looking for someone, though they pay no attention to you.

Moments after you spot these undercover security? spies? a slender woman wearing the greasy clothes of a mechanic stumbles down the Promenade. Though she is trying to hide it, she has clearly been wounded somehow, and she looks disheveled. The men spot her and start towards her, she spots them and looks around desperately her eyes coming to rest on Avizzi near the Cantina entrance.

The woman makes a brake for it dashing towards Avissi, Kalus, 6SYL and Russel who are all near the entrance. The men give chase drawing holdout blasters from beneath their jackets and leveling them at her back.

" Please! Help me! " She yells when she's a few meters away. " I have credits! "


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

Initiative:

Avizzi : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Imperial Informants: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Kalus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Maya: 1d20 - 8 ⇒ (15) - 8 = 7
Russel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
6Syl: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Virssl : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Initiative:
Kalus
Virssl
Avizzi
6SYL
Russel
'Men'
Hurt Woman


I'm going mapless with this battle. There are plenty of information terminals, shop entrances, pop up shops, and a few crates around in terms of cover. So feel free to take cover with a move action.

Avizzi, Kalus, Russel and 6SYL were all headed for Gundarks Cantina so you're all near the entrance there. Virssl is close by probably about 30 meters down the promenade, close enough to see what's going on.


Mrlssi Noble 1 [ HP: 18 / 18 | FP: 5 | Refl +15 / Fort +11 / Will +15 | Init +7 | Percept +7 ]

I do not appear to have a spoiler, which I suspect may be in error.


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps
Virssl Keela wrote:
I do not appear to have a spoiler, which I suspect may be in error.

updating now! Sorry!


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 23/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Huh, those guys are definitely up to no good. I'd better be on my best behavior. No need for anyone to recognize me.

Tilting his hat a bit further in front of his face, he nonchalantly strolls towards the cantina, seeking to avoid notice. Upon hearing the woman's shout, he looks over and quickly assesses the situation. Sithspit, this situation just got bad. Men with drawn blasters and an offer of credits for helping a wounded girl.

Drawing his blaster, Kalus's first thought is to take cover. But then, he looks at the wounded, limping girl. He thinks of another wounded girl, aboard a ship above Cato Nemoidia, with stormtroopers firing at them. Her look of fierce determination and a refusal to submit to the Empire. Her death, his fleeing the critically damaged vessel, leaving her body to lie there. He sees a hint of that refusal in her eyes. Making a decision, he raises his blaster and fired off a shot at the men chasing her. This time, he wouldn't leave someone to die.

Move Action: draw blaster
Standard action: shoot the lead chaser

Blaster attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Kalus curses as his shot goes wide. Don't let emotion rule in battle. Focus.


Mrlssi Noble 1 [ HP: 18 / 18 | FP: 5 | Refl +15 / Fort +11 / Will +15 | Init +7 | Percept +7 ]

Virssl looks at the two men for a few more moments than is typically appropriate, especially when it becomes apparent that they do not notice him. Noticing their guns and matching outfits, he occurs to him after some seconds that they must simply be security.

At least, that's what he thinks.

Once he sees the woman emerge with the wound and sees the men heading towards her, it rapidly becomes clear that that is not what they are. The fear on her face, the guards drawing their guns as she started to run, her calling out an offer of money for anyone who would help.

Moving as quickly as his short legs can, he moves to get closer to the girl. Unsure of his ability to help her, he knows that he can't simply sit by and do nothing. That was far from the Mrlssi in him - it was the Jedi he wanted to be. It was the reason, he knew, that so many Jedi were in hiding, or dead.

His mission was larger than this, he knew. But he was only one person, feeling the future of the Jedi, of the Mrlssi, all resting on his shoulders. It was what made him certain of the true value of a single life.

Not super sure if I can do this, but if one of the guards goes to shoot, I want to use the "Move Light Object" aspect of the "Use the Force" move to disrupt his shot.

Use The Force: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

Avizzi pays little heed to the men, figuring them to be waiting for someone else. He does turn quickly at the sound of someone moving more quickly, though--his togruti senses alerting him to the slightest changes in the environment, like someone pushing their way through a crowd. He locks eyes with the woman for only an instant, and then blinks and turns away, breathing a curse. Just my luck to get involved in something.

His instincts are already kicking in, though. He pushes a couple of walkers aside as he dashes for cover, sliding up behind a souvenir kiosk (move action, taking cover). "If you want to live, how about hiding?" he comments to the woman as he unslings the rifle from his shoulder. Peeking out at the men, he sighs and pulls back the priming bolt as he shifts the weapon's safety off (move action, drawing slugthrower rifle). Never a dull moment.


3rd Degree (Luxury) Droid Noble 1

6SYL doesn't want to start a fight, and isn't even sure she can override her core commands to do so... still she has to do something.
She interposes herself between the armed men and the woman, while her chassis isn't armoured, at least she isn't already wounded, and tries to pull her behind cover. Trying to hush the woman requesting "Please ma'am, out of the way.",
Move Action-get between woman and men
Standard Action-attempt to Pull/Push her behind cover Grab if required: 1d20 - 1 - 6 ⇒ (10) - 1 - 6 = 3
Swift Action-It appears that Aiding defences is not an option, does "suppressing an enemy" (p151 core) require an actual attack, or just an attack roll


Force Points 7/8

Russell shakes his head at first glance, Amateurs.

When they start firing he grimaces, Dangerous amateurs! .

At the offer of credits he draws his own Blaster, clicks it to stun and fires back at the yahoos shooting into the crowd.

Blaster (Stun) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 1 = 5


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

Kalus fires at the closest man giving chase, the red bolt flashes over the mans head.

Virssl rushes down the promenade watching the men giving chase s look of concentration on his avian features. Not exactly covered under the rules... I'll go with a -2 penalty on the guys attack roll. Like the Aid another Supressing an Enemy action.

Avizzi slides behind a souvenir kiosk and readies his weapon, offering some advice to the injured woman.

6SYL steps in front of the woman taking her by the arm the droid tries to direct the woman to behind cover.

Russel switches to stun and takes aim, blue rings burst from his blaster but the shot goes wide petering out before it reaches the far wall of the promenade.

The man in the lead stops running he takes aim and fires his blaster " Out of the way, you in the cloak! " Something weird happens as he pulls the trigger, his hold out blaster jerks just slightly in his hand...
Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 - 5 - 2 = 6
3d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5
The blaster bolt flashes over 6Syl and the injured woman's heads slamming into the roof, taking out one of the glow panels in a shower of sparks.

The next guy levels his hold out blaster at Kalus and fires. The red energy burns past Kalus's left shoulder searing his skin.
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
3d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) = 8

The third guy takes ducks right down behind some crates.

The injured woman allows herself to be steered by 6Syl into cover behind the same souvenir stand as Avizzi. " Thank you " she says weakly.

The already sparse crowd has thinned even more as the blaster fight breaks out. People duck and run for the nearest shop entrances a distorted call of " This way, I've got a report she's over here! " is almost drowned out by the screams of the civilians. Through the thinning crowd you see a couple of storm troopers heading this way.

Gm :
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Initiative:
Kalus
Storm troopers
Virssl
Avizzi
6SYL
Russel
'Men'
Hurt Woman

Kalus is up.


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 23/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Although it doesn't make a difference on that attack, I realized I didn't update my quick reference defenses. Reflex is 15, not 14.

Taking cover behind a kiosk, Kalus grimaces, fervently wishing he hadn't let his emotions get the better of him. This is why you focus on yourself first, then others, you nerfherder!

Seeing the stormtroopers approaching, he takes aim at the cloaked men, hoping to take them out before the stormtroopers arrive.

Move action: take cover
Blaster attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 4) = 16


Taril Sha Twi'lek Scoundrel 4 Condition: 0 HP:28/28 , Threshold:15, R:20(14FF) F:15 W:14 Force:5/5 Perception +6, Init +11

...


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

To be clear my the men aren't wearing cloaks, just waist length grey jackets and black trousers. It's 6SYL who is wearing the cloak.

Kalus ducks behind a kiosk and returns fire on the imperial informants. Blaster bolts stitch across the informants chest and he falls to the ground jerking a couple of times. Dead

The storm troopers close the distance. " Set for stun, we need her alive. "

They level their carbines at the Souvenir stand and fire off some blue stun rings at the people huddled behind it. The wounded woman is hit and she slumps against the stand unconscious. The other rings hit the souvenir stand near the cloaked droid 6Syl

Attack, wounded woman: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Stun damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 7, 4) = 19
1d2 ⇒ 2 6SYL... Hmm does stun damage hurt droids? I'll look that up...
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 MISS due to +5 cover bonus

Initiative: Round 2
Kalus
Storm troopers
Virssl <-------------------------
Avizzi
6SYL
Russel
'Men'
Hurt Woman


Virssl, Avizzi, 6Syl and Russel can post their actions.


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

Avizzi curses again when the stormtroopers show up. "This is a load of bantha fodder, you know that--" He turns to direct his comment toward the woman, but she's slumped against the stand. Whatever. The togruta pops up over the counter, leveling his rifle at the other informant--he doesn't feel like adding assaulting a stormtrooper to his record just yet.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 2d12 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

Avizzi's rifle rings out with a loud crack that echoes off the promenade walls. The Informants eyes widen as the slug passes through his chest, then he flops to the floor. Dead

Virssl, 6SYL and Russel can post their actions.

Currently visible enemies are two Stormtroopers.


Mrlssi Noble 1 [ HP: 18 / 18 | FP: 5 | Refl +15 / Fort +11 / Will +15 | Init +7 | Percept +7 ]

Deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

If forcing him to listen to babble is more Persuasion, it's an additional +5, bringing it to 29, but I figure since I'm knowingly trying to distract him with inanities, it's probably more Deception.

Noticing the Storm Troopers arriving puts Virssl even more on edge. He had done well avoiding them so far, and knew that he could not risk arrest. His people were uncommon enough in this area without giving them a reason to arrest him. 'That's it.' He realises. His people.

This would be his own part to play. Besides, there were others helping the woman. Moving quickly and mustering his courage, he moves to intercept one of the Storm Troopers, to do exactly what most of the galaxy would expect of the small Mrlssi. "Excuse me, sir" He starts flagging down the trooper. "A very rude Devaronian pushed me aside a few minutes ago. I am not saying you should arrest him - I would hardly tell you how to do your job. But perhaps you could have a word with him about manners? I am very small, you see, and I do not think it would carry the same weight as if you did it."

Without waiting for a break in the conversation, he just continues talking. "Did you know that Devaronian males and females are one of the most differently appearing genders in the galaxy? It's true! The males have horns and tend to be bald, while the females don't have horns and grow hair! Isn't that something?"

He pauses, possibly leading the Stormtrooper to think it has come to an end, but then he starts right up again, "I haven't seen a Devaronian female in person yet, I've only read about them. Do you think there are any here? I would certainly like to meet one, provided they are not as rude as the gentleman I saw earlier. Of course she wouldn't be. I'm sure that most Devaronian males are not rude, either. It's not right to assume so much about a species because of one. For instance, do you know that people think all the Mrlssi are bookish and dry? We're great humourists! But there are some who don't know about that, and others who even confuse us with Mriss! Can you imagine?"

That poor Stormtrooper.


Force Points 7/8

Round 2

Russel's eyes narrow as he sees the Stormtrooper armor approach, he clicks his weapon this time from stun to lethal and fires on the one he has a clear shot on.

As the Mrlssi steps out to speak to the trooper Russel almost curses but realizes in this chaos it was bound to happen, bystanders getting in the way.

Blaster +Force Point1d20 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 3 + (2) = 15
Damage 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3, 5) + 1 = 11

After I fire, I will take a 5' step into cover in the cantina door.
4/5 force points left.


Taril Sha Twi'lek Scoundrel 4 Condition: 0 HP:28/28 , Threshold:15, R:20(14FF) F:15 W:14 Force:5/5 Perception +6, Init +11

Taril walks down one side of the station's promenade, noticing but ignoring the looks she got from most of the males she walked by. She was used to it, those of her race and gender often sterotyped into a certain sordid role.

However, most whose eyes began to travel down her body stop abruptly at the blaster hung prominently on her hip, to dart away in surprise. Some, however returned, more interested than before.

A smile twitched Taril's purple lips, as she continued to saunter along the shops and kiosks, allowing her hips to undulate a little more, teasing any that watched her progress.

Hearing some commotion up ahead, Taril slowed and stopped her teasing, easing forward on the balls of her feet, peeking around the corner of a spare parts kiosk.

Frowning , she takes in the scene before her....a couple of Stormtroopers firing stunners at a souvenier stand, hitting and stunning an obviously wounded woman. Others seem to be in a shoot out with some shady looking men in front of Taril's favorite place on the station, Gundark's.

Brow furrowing in annoyance , she's wanted to sit down and unwind, and now has this to deal with.

Her eyebrows rise at the temerity of the Mrlssi's attempt to distract the trooper, but can't help but grin at the torrent of words that spew from his mouth.

Acting without thinking, Taril stepped out and addressed the other trooper, "You know, you really should be more sure of who you're shooting your stunner at. I think that girl was the station master's daughter..."

Standard Action, Revolutionary Rhetoric
Persuasion vs Will, target loses standard action, suddenly unsure of himself: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Move action, step back 5' into cover of kiosk


3rd Degree (Luxury) Droid Noble 1

P162 Core - "only creatures can be stunned. Droids, vehicles and objects are immune to stunning effects"

Realising that they're firing stun weapons and don't know she's a droid, 6SYL tries to react to the glancing blow as if it affected her, arching her back and flinching.
Deception?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

She then tries carry the stunned woman further around the stalls, try and put something between them and the troopers.
Can't seem to find a carry weight table in SWSE Strength check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10 If required


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

Virssl jogs up to the stormtrooper on the left. " Excuse me, Sir " he starts babbling away, trying to distract the trooper. Again I'm gonna treat this as a Suppress Enemy action and give this trooper a -2 penalty on actions.

Avizzi takes out the second inperial informant with a loud crack.

6SYL arcs back in an excellent imitation of a being being stunned. Then she grabs the injured woman under her armpits and starts carrying/dragging her further around and the stalls.

You are able to drag her no problem lifting her completely would slow you down a bit.
Carrying capacity etc is on pg140-141

Russel switches to lethal and fires at the trooper on the right. The red bolt of energy flashes past the troopers head leaving a scorch mark on his helmet.

Annoyed at this disturbance in front of her favorite cantina Taril Sha decides to double these stormtroopers problem. She steps up to the trooper on the right and tells him he just stunned the station masters daughter. The trooper does a bit of a double take looking from the stand to the Twilek and back again... Success, trooper loses standard action

Something happens... Perception DC24 :
Stealth : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
You spot another guy dressed the same as the imperial informants slinking away between bits of cover.

Round 3
Initiative:
Kalus <-----------------------
Storm troopers
Virssl
Avizzi
6SYL
Russel
'Men'
Hurt Woman

Kalus can post his action.


Force Points 7/8

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 23/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Sithspawn, now the stormtroopers are involved, he thinks as the informant falls. Remembering his last battle against them, he hopes this battle will go much better for him. Taking aim at one of the troopers, he fires, spitting blaster bolts at them.

Blaster attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) + 1 = 10

Been forgetting my point blank shot.

Cursing, he realizes he's lost track of the other informant, and looks to see if he's trying to flank.


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Avizzi shakes his head as he hears more blasterfire and shouting. At least I'm not the only one with a death wish.


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

Kalus levels his blaster at the trooper on the left (who's busy looking at this stage alien that's just walked up...) and squeezes off a couple of bolts. The red laser slams into the troopers helmet burning through the white plastoid armour. The trooper falls backward to the floor and lies still Dead

The last trooper does a double take looking from the souvenir stand and back at the Twilek next to him, shakes his head as if to clear it and then retreats taking cover behind an information terminal. " I need back up at Gundarks, back up! " he yells into his helmet comm.

Initiative: Round 3 cont.
Initiative:
Kalus
Storm trooper
Virssl <---------------
Avizzi
6SYL
Russel
Taril Sha
'Men'
Hurt Woman (unconscious)


Virssl, Avizzi, 6SYL, Russel and Taril can post their actions.


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

Avizzi glances over the counter again and sees that one of the stormtroopers has fallen. What's that armor good for, anyway? Not waiting for anyone else to find out first, he brings his rifle over the counter again. Aiming with two swift actions in case the trooper has cover, then attacking.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 2d12 ⇒ (7, 11) = 18


3rd Degree (Luxury) Droid Noble 1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Ah, I was flicking through looking for a table, hadn't thought of them just using a formula

This things not supposed to hurt people, so I should be okay
6SYL draws her stun pistol and readies an attack, in case the Storm Trooper tries to get any closer.


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

With another loud crack Avizzi sends a slug through the stormtroopers helmet. The trooper falls to the floor, blood oozing out of the broken helmet.

combat ends.

With the stormtrooper calling for back up the promenade will likely be crawling with more troopers in a matter of minutes...


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 23/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Quickly, Kalus lowers his blaster. Looking at the other people who had gotten involved, he said, "We have to get out of here before more troopers show up. Look for a maintenance hatch or something we can hide in." with a look for the bird-like alien and the Twi'lek, he says, "That includes you two. You got involved, so they'll be chasing you as well, regardless of whether or not you shot anyone."
Kalus then runs towards where he saw the third informant duck behind.


3rd Degree (Luxury) Droid Noble 1

This woman is unconscious, Does anyone have any medical supplies? 6SYL will run a preliminary check on the extent of her wounds, though she hadn't anticipated needing to actually work on anyone she had been programmed with basic first-aid procedures.
Treat Injury: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

"Nope," Avizzi says, slinging his rifle back over his shoulder. "She's just stunned, though. Should be fine in a little while." Barely pausing, he grabs the woman's body and begins half-carrying, half-dragging her away, looking around for somewhere to hide. The cantina would do as a last resort, they could try to lose the troopers in the crowd, but it was also fairly likely that the patrons would point them out, or at least say they'd seen a group dragging a woman.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Mrlssi Noble 1 [ HP: 18 / 18 | FP: 5 | Refl +15 / Fort +11 / Will +15 | Init +7 | Percept +7 ]

Virssl nods to the human (Kalus), knowing him to be right. He has a few moments of uncertainty, wondering if he has made a terrible mistake, but as the red-skinned man starts lifting the woman and Virssl can see how bad off she actually is, his resolve steadies immediately. Puffing out his chest slightly, he begins to tag along after the others. "We'll need to get her somewhere safe, somewhere she can rest. I expect the Imperials will be looking for us before long." He pauses in his step to take a look around, anxious of any kind of surprises.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Force Points 7/8

Russel heads over to the group and chimes in still holding his blaster, "This station is not that big so it won't take them long to get here. Let's take her anywhere but here for now but do it in a hurry! I just got here so I am hoping one of you may know where to go."

Russel will assist Avizzi with the woman as he holsters his blaster.


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

Kalus
Rushing over to the crates where the third informant took cover, Kalus finds no sign of the man.

6SYL
You check the wounded woman over, she looks in a bad state. As well as being stunned she has a pretty severe blaster burn on her left abdomen. First aid is not going to improve her condition much.
In game terms there's nothing much first aid can do for her. She has a -10 persistent condition.

Avizzi
Grabbing the woman you look for somewhere to hide. You notice a small maintenance hatch on the wall, which could work though it would probably be difficult to manoeuvre an unconscious body through the ducts.

Virssl
Looking around you don't see or hear any immediate signs of imperial troops. You see the sign about 50 meters down the promenade for "Mechanical Allies" and you remember seeing a male Twilek behind the counter there. Aliens are no friend of the empire, maybe he would hide you in a back room?

Russel
You urge everyone to hurry, knowing it won't be long before more stormtroopers arrive, then take the woman's legs to help Avizzi carry her faster.

gm roll :

Con check: 1d20 - 9 ⇒ (2) - 9 = -7


3rd Degree (Luxury) Droid Noble 1

"Please be careful, she was wounded before being stunned - she really needs the help of a medical professional"
6SYL looks around, "Ahem, where are you taking her?"


Taril Sha Twi'lek Scoundrel 4 Condition: 0 HP:28/28 , Threshold:15, R:20(14FF) F:15 W:14 Force:5/5 Perception +6, Init +11

Taril nods at Russel's concern, striding from her hiding spot to assist with the woman.

"I have a spare medpac...we just need to get her somewhere safe." she says in Lekku to the other Twi'lek....droid?


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 23/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

With a curse, Kalus returns to the others. "The third informant has gone, which means the Empire likely knows our faces. Have you found a hiding place?"


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

"Maintenance hatch," Avizzi says with a nod in its direction. "Not great, but better than nothing. We can even just stash her there, throw a medpac on her first, and then run ourselves if need be. Come back for the creds, though."


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps

Avizzi and Russel carry the woman to the maintenance hatch and get it opened. It swings down onto the floor on hinges and opens into a crawl space that runs parallel along the wall tall enough for a human to walk hunched over at the waist, but only wide enough for the group to move single file (you could squeeze past one another if needed).

Cooling pipes and electrical conduits run along the walls. 15 meters from the hatch the crawl space opens up into a small area (Still not high enough to stand straight) large enough for everyone to sit and for the woman to lie down.

When you set her down a data pad slips out of a side pocket of her overalls.

Was someone going to try a first aid on her?

1 to 50 of 949 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dawn of Defiance, Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.