Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


151 to 200 of 7,012 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Ushari smiles at Straehan, "Wait, I thought you enjoyed games!" Laughing, she moves over to Fin, and asks her in elvish,

Elvish:
"Did you want us to gather some building materials for a shelter, Findelgwing?"

Later, once the group is finished gathering the supplies, she examines the object which was placed inside her dress.


DM

Ushari - an Appraise check, please. Also a declaration of an AA with that same roll if you are considering having Straehan look at it too. I'm not sure if you intended to keep it private or not.


Yeah, she would show it to Straehan.
Appraise (also AA Straehan)1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damn, she's got a bad case of Alexis Fever going on, huh?

Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari's question.

Findelgwing gives Ushari a sour look and you get the distinct impression the silver-haired girl thinks the petite human is making fun of her. She shakes her head 'no', and walks off on her own heading towards another wrecked ship further down the beach. As she goes, she gives a growl and takes a swing at a clump of driftwood with her big sword.

GM:
Findelgwing will start comb the beach in the hopes that some of the debris from the other ships might include navigational aids. No clue how many perception checks will be involved with that, but her modifier is +5.


DM

Fin:
Sorry if I said something that gave the wrong impression. This isn't a graveyard of ships. There may be flotsam from more than one ship. It definitely looks like a fair amount of wreckage from your ship drifted here... more than would be accounted for by the breaking up of your raft. So there is timber, canvas, and rope in abundance but there aren't any large chunks of other craft. So there is certainly enough materials to make lean-to;s, windbreaks, even modest 'tents'. Since this is on the current's path, and clearly there are pirates around, there is likely to be debris from other ships as well but they would likely have been scuttled at sea not driven onto the reef. If you still want to search for navigational aids, its a long shot but possible. Let me know and I'll do some rolls.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse watches the strange woman walk away frustrated, "Ushari, would you mind going with her. I don't like the idea of any of us being alone until we know more about this beach. I'll stay here with Straehan and try to look around."


Straehan watches Ushari walk off then turns to Jayse with a wry smile "So, alone at last... do you need a swim buddy? I'm curious about that buoy - but I am a terrible swimmer."


DM

Jayse - Sorry, I didn't answer your question about weather. I had that info included in a post that I quickly deleted when I was beaten to the posting punch by Fin. I should have left the first half of my response and deleted the second. So... In regards to your question on the previous page:

Compared to being half wet and floating in the open ocean for 4 days, you'd say the weather on the beach is positively balmy. You guess that it is early spring. It is breezy and cool (call it 60F) but warm enough that you don't need your jacket. You guys have about 4 days of food and two days of water. You have all of your equipment back - bolts included. You can't tell a thing about the mysterious buoy from here.


GM:
From what you were saying about our next few moves potentially revealing maps of differing detail, and the business about debris from other ships, I thought you were giving us a hint to look for debris containing something like Alis' Ample Chest which would include navigational charts, sextants, and the like. In any event, Fin is less worried about survival and more obsessed over knowing where she is, so I'll have her check out all the wreckage she can find.

Presuming she's unsuccessful, she'll give more thought to shelter, survival, and ultimately scouting. i.e. the Survival skill type stuff I rolled on earlier.


DM

Fin:
LOL. That's what I get for answering Eric's questions! :) Sadly, I wasn't dropping a hint just an explanation of why I wasn't in a hurry to generate a map.

Fin scours the beach but finds nothing man-made of particular use or interest. However, the local fauna draws her attention. The brilliant blue crabs, the red-winged gulls and especially their cries... all strike her as entirely foreign. As an elf who grew up on the sea and raised in the surf, she can only draw the conclusion that she is 'way off the map' of the home she knows she had but cannot clearly remember. Somewhat disappointed, she retrieves enough supplies to build a lean-to or two that should accommodate their group, and a few crabs for dinner.

rolls:

Hand of Fate 1d100 ⇒ 50
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


DM

Jayse and Straehan swim out to the buoy. No checks necessary - the sea is calm, you are behind the reef, and Taking 10. The water is relatively clear down to the bottom, 30' below. As you approach the buoy, you swim across what you initially mistake for seagrass. On inspection, it appears to be a long loose string woven from plant fibres. It is about 50' long. One end appears to be attached to the buoy... or at least one end of the string meanders in that direction, drifting in lazy curlicues on the ocean's surface. The other end is frayed and broken. As you swim farther, you see it does attach to the buoy. The buoy itself appears to be some sort of plant gourd that has been hollowed out and stoppered with a conventional cork. Looking down through the water, the buoy has a thicker rope that descends to the sea floor and attaches to some sort of elongated earthenware vessel with a medium-sized mouth. It is positioned at the base of a rock outcropping.


Later...

Ushari examines the finely crafted box. It is heavy as if filled with something and yet there appears to be no entry point. It seems more like a stylized solid metal cube. It doesn't take Straehan's help to determine it is worth a lot of coin. It is composed primarily of a strong gold alloy with fine and complicated patterns inlaid in silver, mithril, and platinum. It looks like nothing so much as a puzzle box. Experimenting with the box, Ushari manages to uncover 4 concealed buttons, one per face (not on the top or bottom). Unsure whether to press any of the buttons, Ushari shows the box to Straehan for a second opinion.

Straehan puts on his glasses and carefully examines the box from all angles. The one physical incongruity he notes is on the face Ushari thinks of as 'the bottom'. He finds three razor thin not quite parallel lines. He mutters a spell and stares at the box for quite some time.

He hands the box back to her, removes his glasses and pinches the bridge of his nose, clearly tired. "Well, it's very valuable as you know, made more so by the fact that it is magical. Some of this scrollwork, interwoven with the regular patterns, are magical formulae and symbols. But I don't think those are the active source of magic. Why they are on the box and not utilized... well, I can't even speculate on that. But my best guess is that whoever crafted it put some illusory magic on it. What it is, I don't know. I think you will have to push the buttons to find out or find a Sage who can tell you more than I can. Sorry."

rolls:

U's Sleight of Hand 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Experimenting to trigger buttons
S's Appraise 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11 AA from Ushari
S's Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
S's Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
S's Knowledge: Arcana 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 DC:16 - used w/ Detect Magic to determine school


Beach

Ushari walks along silently with Findelgwing, not saying a word. She is not really sure what to say to the exotic elf lady. This is why you cannot trust elves...they think differently than you and I. The thought springs unbidden in her head. How did she learn the elven tongue, if she did not trust them? She assists Fin in gathering up the supplies and returning them back to the others.

Later, she approaches the elf girl, and says quietly,

Elvish:
"I know you don't like me very much, but we still need to work together to survive. Also, I wanted to apologize for my words earlier."

With Straehan

Ushari thanks Straehan with a hug, murmering, "I do appreciate this. I will most likely test the box out, but not right now. We have more pressing issues to be worried about...like surviving. Did you find out what that buoy was used for?"


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Elvish stuff.

Ushari:
Findelgwing sighs and shakes her head. Looking about on the beach, she picks up a stick and begins drawing a representation of the pirates' insignia in the sand. She points at her tapered ears, then makes a motion away from her eyes towards the pirates' symbol and shakes her head 'no'.

Next she runs her fingers over your rounded ears, and repeats the motion with her hands first toward your ears, then towards the pirate symbol and nods solemnly.

Ushari's SM (DC 20) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

When Ushari doesn't seem to understand, Findelgwing frowns and draws a pair of stick figures, one much taller than the other. She makes a point of drawing exaggerated pointy ears on the tall one and big round ears on the short one. She taps her chest twice and makes the eye-motion towards the tall figure, then taps you on the chest twice and makes the eye gesture toward the shorter figure.

Ushari's SM (DC 15) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

You finally realize that the hand motion she is doing is supposed to represent looking at something or expressing what something looks like to her. This time when she repeats the first part, you realize that Findelgwing is trying to express that to her, that she thinks you look like the pirates because of your rounded ears. Evidently Findelgwing hasn't seen many humans other than pirates.


Findelgwing wrote:
** pantomine stuff **

Fin:
Ushari looks over at Findelgwing, a new look of understanding in her eyes. Being stranded with those who shared the legacy of those who engaged in barbaric acts and wanton cruelty, and not being able to understand those who she was stranded with. A terrible burden indeed.

Ushari is surprised to feel tears coming to her eyes. She hurriedly brushes them out of her eyes, not wanting to embarrass herself. To Fin, she replies in elvish, "I don't know what to say, Findelgwing. Those pirates would not have treated me any better than you, even though we happen to be the same race." She pauses, trying to collect her thoughts, and figuring out the best way to phrase this without being insulting. "I know you have trouble communicating with us, and I wanted to know...would you like me to teach you my tongue?"


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayce looks down the length of the rope through the crystal water. "Makes a guy wonder what's in that thing. Maybe we should have our fish girl help us look at it, though, to be honest. I don't want to steal her fun. Let's head in and see if she wants to help with this particular exploration. Plus, we have other things to worry about before this becomes our priority, I would think."

Jayce leads the gnome back to the beach, making sure to swim slowly enough to help out the weaker swimmer if it should be needed. Once back, he gathers his gear once more and heads off to track down the girls.

Once he finds them...

"Find anything useful? Straehan and I went to take a cursory look at that floater out there. We thought it would be a good thing for you to check out, Findelgwing." He chuckles, "oh yah."

He does a mime show to show that he and the gnome swam out and looked at the buoy, then points at the elf and shrugs, gesturing for her to do the same. When finished he sighs, annoyed, "We need to get a better way to communicate with you if we're gonna stick together."

He looks out at the water again, and back at the beach and mountains beyond. "Though, to be honest, I think securing some landbound resources may be our priority. Maybe we should gather some gear and try for a vantage point on one of those peaks."


Ushari nods at Jayse's suggestion. "I do like the idea of getting away from this beach, although it is pretty here. Those pirates may use this beach as a mooring place for their ships, and they may come back here." She looks around the landscape, and adds, "Finding water needs to be our top priority, though."

She looks uneasily across the bay waters, "Do you think it would be safe to rest here for the night, and then strike out in the morning?"


STONE-FACED KILLA
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari nods at Jayse's suggestion. "I do like the idea of getting away from this beach, although it is pretty here. Those pirates may use this beach as a mooring place for their ships, and they may come back here." She looks around the landscape, and adds, "Finding water needs to be our top priority, though."

"I agree, and I'm hoping higher ground will help us locate a river or something. Unless anyone has a better way of finding fresh water."

Ushari Velnokal wrote:
She looks uneasily across the bay waters, "Do you think it would be safe to rest here for the night, and then strike out in the morning?"

"I don't know if it's safer finding a shelter under cover of woods or out here in the open." Jayce looks at the position of the sun.

How many hours do we have until nightfall?


Little time-warp retcon here...

Jayse wrote:
Jayce looks down the length of the rope through the crystal water. "Makes a guy wonder what's in that thing. Maybe we should have our fish girl help us look at it, though, to be honest. I don't want to steal her fun."

S's INT check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Straehan flounders towards shore slowly, clearly exerting himself. "Rather than make her swim all the way out here, why not take this loose string with us? It'd be easier to drag the buoy and pot in then swim out to them.... Well, at least it would be easier for me."


Jayse wrote:
"Makes a guy wonder what's in that thing. Maybe we should have our fish girl help us look at it, though, to be honest. I don't want to steal her fun."

Build that raft, kill that shark, tow us ashore, figure out where we are, build some shelter, hunt some food, find some water, haul that buoy, learn to talk... Any other 'requests', or is that about it? :P


DM

Well, since you asked... Straehan's soft hands and feet have been pretty roughed up recently. Do you do mani/pedi's? :)

Jayse - it is about 2PM. At a guess, you've got about 4 hours til sunset... and Straehan's personal grooming will take Fin at least an hour to finish.


STONE-FACED KILLA

How long of a hike does it look like to get up into those mountains? I'm trying to determine if it's a good idea to tackle that today or if we should wait til we have a full day to attempt it.


DM

Jayse scans the terrain and roughly determines that the nearest mountains are about 50 miles due East. Judging from how they ascend, there may be smaller and slightly closer foothills Southeast... but they can't be seen from here. Assuming the terrain between here and there is hospitable, it is a 2 day journey.

He also notes that to the North, looking past where the beach turns West so looking past the nearby terrain he sees bluffs in the distance with evergreens climbing them.


STONE-FACED KILLA
Findelgwing wrote:
ooc]Build that raft, kill that shark, tow us ashore, figure out where we are, build some shelter, hunt some food, find some water, haul that buoy, learn to talk... Any other 'requests', or is that about it? :P[/ooc]

How about Margaritas? Can you make those?


Bringing the string ashore after their swim, Straehan finds a sizable chunk of wood and ties it off. He dusts the sand off his hands and follow Jayse to find the ladies.

He passes by stick figure drawings of an elf and human. He adds a half-sized gnome, then swipes it away and makes the gnome a few inches taller adding a smiley face for good measure.


Jayse wrote:
How about Margaritas? Can you make those?

Well she's got sea salt for the glasses, it's just everything else that she'll need to track down.

Justin: Regarding everyone else's concerns about having fresh water (fresh? sheesh, how picky!), what was the outcome of Fin's earlier survival check?

DC 10 states: "Get along in the wild. Move up to half your overland speed while hunting and foraging (no food or water supplies needed). You can provide food and water for one other person for every 2 points by which your check result exceeds 10."

Being as her result was a 16 for that effort, are we good-to-go?


DM

Sorry. I dropped the ball on that one, Mike. Yes, you find a stream that ambles through the stands of trees that are a bit further away from the shore. Given the steepness of the volcanic mountains and the fissures you see there, along with the fairly persistent clouds over them... you suspect fresh water is not is short supply. Basically, you don't need to worry about water. Hunting for food, while possibly slowing your travel pace a bit, and probably providing limited options, will be a non-issue as well. The sea provides a bounty if you ain't too picky.

Regarding the margarita requests - didn't I mention that there are Tequila Eels in this water?


Seeing that the others have hauled the buoy ashore, Fin raises an eyebrow but shrugs her shoulders. She goes to hand a net full of fish and margarita eels to Straehan but bites her lip when she realizes it's nearly half his size. She gives a short sigh and hands the net instead to Jayse before having a look at what they've dragged in.

Not really sure what all is relevant so to save time...

Rollin' like an Ichthyan...
Appraise 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 anything noteworthy about it
Craft: Boats 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 to see if she notes anything interesting about its construction methods
K: Geography 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 any cultural signs
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 just on principle
Pro: Sailor 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 anything particularly significant about where it was placed in terms of its usefulness as a navigational aid

If need be, Fin will take 10 or 20 on any checks that allow it if her first try is lack-luster. Perception and Sailor should both allow that I believe since there's no consequences for failure.


DM

Fin wades out into the surf to grab the buoy and haul the earthenware pot in with Jayse. Straehan can do little more than cheerlead as the water is up to his neck. While hauling it in doesn't test your strength, the pot is heavy for it's size. As the pot comes into the shallows you see it is about 3' long and roughly cylindrical. It is also occupied. You see the black and white spotted head of a fairly large eel pop out. Its jaws snap menacingly, and then it retreats inside.

Occupied?1d100 ⇒ 11

Fin has a flash of memory of swimming and retrieving small round pots underwater. She recalls that some tasty sea morsels, such as octopi, will crawl into dark holes for shelter. Fisherman often sink pots to harvest such a bounty and would check them frequently as any trapper would. She wouldn't be surprised, if walking up or down the coast, you would spy additional buoys attached to similar pots as a fisherman would plant 'strings' of such pots in choice areas.


Ushari giggles watching the eels antics, ”It looks like you made a new friend there, Fin”

She looks over the pot, and then something occurs to her. ”If this is a fisherman’s pot, then maybe whoever set this out is still around. We should try to find him, he may be able to help us.”


Given the 'kraken' in the pot is about the same length as himself, Straehan decides to participate in the rest of the conversation from shore. He contributes (from a distance), "That beast might make a good dinner and a great belt!"


Findelgwing smiles when she sees the eel and cries out a single word:

Elvish:
"Yummy!"

Survival 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

She then sets to pouring the pot out and then knocks the eel out by smacking its head with a stick or stone. In short order, she begins dressing it down with a coral-hilted knife she keeps strapped to her right thigh. Once the treat is cooking over a small fire, she sets about putting the fisherman's trap back in position.

Earlier...

Ushari/Elvish:

Ushari wrote:
"I don't know what to say, Findelgwing. Those pirates would not have treated me any better than you, even though we happen to be the same race."

Findelgwing seems surprised to hear this, although it does give her pause and she thinks on the matter for a while.

Ushari wrote:
I know you have trouble communicating with us, and I wanted to know...would you like me to teach you my tongue?"

At this statement Fin looks downright perplexed. She opens her mouth, points to her tongue and says, with a great deal of effort, "Tongue?"

She then looks intently at your mouth as if trying to figure out if there's something special about it.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse watches Findelgwing dress and prep the eel, then thinks back over her short but higly efficient time on the beach. "i wish I were half as useful as she is." He comments to Straehan and Ushari. "If I were, we'd have our own house with a painted fence on this beach by now."

He gets her attention, points at the eel, gives her a thumbs up and smiles encouragingly. "Ushari, will you tell her 'thank you' from me. We'd be without water, shark fillets, or cooked eel without her. And I get the feeling this is just the beginning."

"So I guess we now just need to make a decision about Ushari's question earlier. Find shelter on the beach, back in the forest, or start walking in hopes of discovering something or someone. Personally, I say we spend a night here on the edge of the beach and find out what we can here before moving on. Not sure which way, but trying up or down he coast sounds like a good initial plan." He gives the high trees in the distance a look, "Maybe make for those trees and get a good view of what's around us?"


Ushari tastes the eel meat, and is surprised how tasty and delicious it is. Findelgwing sure is a talented cook! She happily thanks Fin in elvish for both Jayse and Straehan for the hard work she has done.

Once the food has settled in her belly, she notes the sun starting to set. She nods in agreement with Jayse, ”I think I would feel more comfortable spending the night here, and then striking out in the morning. We really need to set watches though.“


DM

You barely notice the afternoon wearing away as you enjoy your time on the beach. Fin expertly dresses the eel into two 3' long fillets that broil enticingly over the fire. Initially, the firewood fails to burn due to the recent storms' soaking. Straehan coaxes the fire to a respectable size with the judicious use of magic and Jayse breaks wood into blocks sized for even heat distribution.

As expected the eel is delicious made more tasty by the smokey fire. You manage to polish off all six feet of the fillets and wash it down with fresh water from the inland stream. Everyone is stuffed and seemingly pleased.

A lean-to is quickly constructed to shield the party and fire from the wind off the beach (and prevent the fire from being seen by any pirates). Per Ushari's suggestion, watches are established with the humans taking the early evening and early morning shifts since their nightvision is poorest. And everyone settles down to watch or sleep or gaze at the stars as is their want.

The night passes uneventfully and everyone sleeps well for having a bit of space to stretch out on instead of being hunkered down on a 5' wide piece of board. Exhaustion from the last few days steals any possible dreams from their heads.

They awaken the next day, refreshed. The weather is, once again, beautiful. Spring is definitely coming to this unknown island. They notice small red buds appearing on the creeping vines that appears prevalent just off the beach. They give off a light scent redolent of lavender. After a breakfast of blue crab, seaweed, and rations, our heroes pack up their meager belongings and head off.

So - what's your course: North along the beach and then follow the beach as it continues West or continue straight North overland to the bluffs and trees in the distance? No one made a strong pitch for South so I'm assuming that's out. Also, marching order.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayce enjoys the dying of the day. The warm food and simple pleasure of getting to sleep stretched out on the sand instead of clinging on drifting wood is more than enough to lift his spirits. As he and Ushari sit watching the night, his hands goes into his pack and comes out bearing a simple reed flute.

You fall asleep to a surprisingly simple and lonely tune, one that would probably be considered a poor showing at any inn in any city, but at this moment, in your expansive isolation, it seems to slip into the night, seeking comfort in the starry night air.

Sleep happens...

Jayce wakes, warming his body with a series of stretches that soon becomes warm-up forms which soon advance to combat forms, and he ends, 20 minutes later, sweating but ready for the day, his mind and body renewed after some good sleep.

He looks around, cautious of the looks he's getting because of his warmup, "i say we head north. Try for thsoe trees to get a good vantage point of this land. Findelgwing and that sword should take point, you two stay in the middle, and I'll bring up the rear." He smiles, "I can be fast when i want to be."


*laughs* Clearly trying to keep up with work, and two games all at the same time isn't doing much for me getting responses posted in chronological order. ^_^;

Earlier...

Jayse wrote:
He gets her attention, points at the eel, gives her a thumbs up and smiles encouragingly. "Ushari, will you tell her 'thank you' from me. We'd be without water, shark fillets, or cooked eel without her. And I get the feeling this is just the beginning."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Findelgwing looks up to see Jayse smiling and pointing to the sky with him. She looks up and not seeing anything gives him a quizzical look pointing at the sky with her forefinger. Beside her, Ushari explains in elvish that Jayse is trying to thank her and that gesture means something is good.

A look of understanding crosses her pretty young face and she makes the same gesture in return and proceeds to whistle contently for a while afterwards.

Justin: Does Fin still have her longbow and arrows, or were those lost in the storm?


DM

All of the characters have their full list of equipment. If you didn't have it on the raft, you find it amid the flotsam on the beach. "If it's on your page, it is on the stage." :) Unless you quickly scribble in '+5 Trebuchet of Wounding' or 'Ballista'.

Sorry if I jumped the gun on the FF button. It seemed like you guys were ready to move on. If anyone wants to do last evening's activities, RP, or whatnot - have at it.


Findelgwing wrote:

Findelgwing looks up to see Jayse smiling and pointing to the sky with him. She looks up and not seeing anything gives him a quizzical look pointing at the sky with her forefinger. Beside her, Ushari explains in elvish that Jayse is trying to thank her and that gesture means something is good.

A look of understanding crosses her pretty young face and she makes the same gesture in return and proceeds to whistle contently for a while afterwards.

Ushari returns her smile, glad she does not seem to be holding any grudges. She gazes across the beach, trying to catch the last rays of the setting sun, wondering what the future holds here. She looks up at the sky on impulse, and sees the stars starting to appear. She does enjoy the haunting melody produced by Jayse, and sings along quietly to the melody. She is not familiar with the words, so she makes up some lyrics to go along with the tune.

After waking up the next morning, and eating a hearty breakfast, she nods in agreement with the marching order suggested by Jayse. ”Ok, then let’s get started.”


DM

You set off along the beach heading North. The miles pass easily, if a bit slowly. The gnome tries his best to keep up but he just can't match the ground-eating pace of his long-legged companions. After about a half day of hiking, you reach the point where the beach turns sharply westward. Your group takes a last glance at the beach and heads North, climbing between sandstone hillocks covered with a thin woody scrub. Jayse is about to follow suit when, over a great distance, he spies someone approaching from the west along the beach. He can't tell if it is a man or woman, but the figure is thin, tall, and appears to be carrying a sizable spear casually over its shoulder.

Rolls:

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Hours
F's Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
J's Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
U's Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
S's Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayce gets everyone's attention and points to the walker, "Someone coming. I say we play this smart and hide in a place where we can watch them coming and possibly try to talk to them."

Perception to find a good hiding spot along his likely route - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28.


Ushari adds quietly, but there is an undercurrent of excitement in her voice. "That is a wise plan, Jayse. Is someone going to stand out in the open to greet him?"


DM

The hillocks you guys are climbing between are quite a good hiding spot. The 'person' wouldn't be able to see you until they were right on top of you. If he/she is walking along the water, it is a maximum of 60' from your position in the hillocks.

1d20 ⇒ 9 + none-o-yur-business!


STONE-FACED KILLA

"I think that has merit, but I'd like to get a closer look before we potentially put someone in danger. Let's stay hidden, and if nothing is obviously wrong with the stranger, either Ushari or myself can step out and greet him. No offense to either of you other two, but Findelgwings communication skills seem somewhat... Limited, and I'm not sure Strae might not be taken advantage of for his size. Im happy to step out and try to chat with him. I like hat better than sending you out alone, Ushari."


Strae looks both amused and insulted. "I think you mean my size gives me the advantage. You tall types always underestimate us. But I wouldn't want to take advantage of that fellow - so I'll let you have the honors."

Straehan gets busy concealing himself.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

You have enough time to take 10 if you wish.


Ushari blushes slightly, "I do appreciate that, Jayse, maybe we can talk to him together, he or she may not try anything if we are together, and we still have Fin and Straehan to back us up, just in case."

She then moves next to Straehan, and conceals herself as well.

Stealth take 10, total 18


Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

When the rest of you turn around to instruct Findelgwing to hide, you discover that she's nowhere in sight. You think to yourself, How does a girl that tall and with silver hair just disappear?

Meanwhile, Fin regards the party from her hiding spot, bow at the ready in case they need it.


DM

Ushari - have you decided to stealth and leave negotiations to Jayse... the DM says trying to conceal his secret glee. :p


SR, I believe the plan was to have Jayse talk to him while the rest of us are hidden at the start. If Jayse is OK with it, Ushari can join him in greeting the stranger. Just waiting on Jayse OK on this plan.


STONE-FACED KILLA

I think that's a good idea. I say you and I go out there trying to look all non-dangerous, and Strae an Fin can support us if things get hairy. Should we play into out "travelers in distress" thing and have one of us act injured, the other supporting them?

151 to 200 of 7,012 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.