Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


1,101 to 1,150 of 7,012 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

STONE-FACED KILLA

Will do.


Stay on target... Stay on target!!!


DM

That's kind of you. I was expecting a reaction more like THIS.


Naw man, I wouldn't play that game.


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari tries not to blush, as she looks at him. I...I don't know what to say to him. Finally, she softly replies, "I wanted to thank you for helping save Fin back when the goblins attacked us. That was very...noble of you."

He frowns, "Fin? Oh, Blue-Hair-Not-Small-Woman! Yes, that was good fight. No thanks needed." He fidgets awkwardly, "Well, I must go now. Hunting while light is good. Goodbye." He signals to some of the locals boys who've been lingering around and stalks off.


Vargr. wrote:
He frowns, "Fin? Oh, Blue-Hair-Not-Small-Woman! Yes, that was good fight. No thanks needed." He fidgets awkwardly, "Well, I must go now. Hunting while light is good. Goodbye." He signals to some of the locals boys who've been lingering around and stalks off.

Ushari watches him go, unsure of what to make of his quick departure. Trying to quell the tulmult of emotions flickering in her heart, she slowly walks back to the group, only pausing to bid Isolde farewell.

She glances at the others in her fellowship, and mutters, "Well, that was interesting..."


Jayse wrote:
He takes a look around at Straehan and Findelgwing, "So I guess we now need to figure out our next move. No offense, Thrane, but I don't think our answers are in this little town."

Thrane chuckles, "No offense taken, son. Few visitors wind up staying. But you're welcome here as long as you care to stay. As for her suggestion about a boat, she's probably suggesting you get one made here - you'll get a better deal than at the docks in Orfallen, even if you don't need the boat right away."


Jayse wrote:
"Not so good about our ship, huh?"

"I don't know about that; we know more than we did before... even if it looks like a dead-end. That tells us something."


At the mention of boat-building, Fin perks up. She points a thumb at herself and says, "Findelgwing builds!"


Thrane perks up, "Well, if you folks want a boat... we've got the tools, the expertise, and with Miss Fin helping out.. I think our builders could make you a very fair deal if you need one."


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
She glances at the others in her fellowship, and mutters, "Well, that was interesting..."

Straehan c0cks an eyebrow and gives her a slightly teasing smile. "Well love is a complex and inherently conflicting thing... that's why I avoid it. But it is good to see young love blossoming."


Straehan wrote:
Straehan c0cks an eyebrow and gives her a slightly teasing smile. "Well love is a complex and inherently conflicting thing... that's why I avoid it. But it is good to see young love blossoming."

Ushari stares at Straehan, a bemused look on her face, "Well, that is a beautiful way of putting it, I think. He is...quite interesting."

During downtime...

Ushari spends the afternoon down at the General Store, looking for a well crafted rapier, as her sole weapon for hand to hand combat was a punching dagger, certainly ill-suited for her new calling. Her deity called her to use his weapon, to both defend herself adequately, and also to honor him.

Once she has purchased the weapon, she tests the blade point, and also the feel and balance of the weapon. She notes how well it feels in her hand, almost an extension of her own will. Is this what Fin feels when she wields her sword? As she practices further with it, a glow emanates from her new birthmark, and spreads out to encompass the rapier, and also her entire body. The glow subsides after a few moments, and once it has, she understands intuitively how to use her uncanny speed and reflexes to wield it with devastating effect.

She smiles wickedly to herself, and straps the blade to her belt. Now, I have discovered more of who I am.

OOC stuff:
Ushari purchased a MW rapier which costs 320gp. She will claim 150 gp from the gold found in Fin's pouch, this coupled with her own stash, will just be enough to pay for it.

Swapped Nimble Moves feat for Weapon Finesse, per DM suggestion.


DM

Ushari - you can purchase a masterwork rapier at 75% of the list price (benefits of being a town hero). Amend you cash spent to reflect this. Also, I think you mentioned that you updated the Loot Log? I don't see any changes on the GSI google site.

Folks - if you'd rather not carry all that cash on you, there is a banking system.


Sorry, I was putting it on Ushari's list tracker. Updated the GSI site with the gold found in the pouch, and also the goblin chest, minus what Ushari took for her share, so the remaining gold on there should be split between Fin, Jayse, and Straehan.

I like the banking system in Mike's game, let's keep doing it here.


DM
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
I like the banking system in Mike's game, let's keep doing it here.

How do you mean?


stormraven wrote:
How do you mean?

Check this link out


DM

Oh, you mean cash available based on city size. That's a given.


"'Interesting'.. Hmm.. That's the second time you've used that word and it seems like you'd rather use another one. Are you sure that word means what you think it means?" Straehan's black eyes twinkle with mischief. "At any rate, we should probably move on to figuring out our next moves. It seems like there is more going on than we initially thought."


Hetmon Thrane wrote:
"Well three starlings came back yesterday. The Reavers haven't been spotted in the shipping lanes yet, nor attacked any major towns... but there are a half dozen small encampments they could hit here or on Aamari and we wouldn't know of it. We'll just have to keep an eye out here. And with the goblins being friendly, we have a line of retreat if they show up."

Between mention of boat-building, Reavers, and other towns, Findelgwing has been thinking on Thrane's words for some time now. "Little brother?"

When Straehan looks to her, she says, "Map!"

Seeing that this might take a bit of explaining, she switches to Aquan.

Aquan:
"Thranesayspiratescanattackothertownsandnoonewouldknow. Weneedmapstoknowwheretheyaretoplanwhatkindofboatweneedtocheckonthem."


Straehan wrote:
"'Interesting'.. Hmm.. That's the second time you've used that word and it seems like you'd rather use another one. Are you sure that word means what you think it means?" Straehan's black eyes twinkle with mischief.

Ushari stutters, "Well...I...I think he is...is...quite...fascinating...." her voice breaks off suddenly, as a blush starts to creep up her neck to her face.

Straehan wrote:
"At any rate, we should probably move on to figuring out our next moves. It seems like there is more going on than we initially thought."

She hurriedly nods in agreement, glad to stop thinking about HIM. "I think heading to...what is that town called, Colona, would be a good start. We could check into these Shaudran ruins while there."


At Fin's request, Thrane quickly puts a couple of marks on a small map. "These are the two camps I know of between us and Orfallen. There could be more. I don't know the locations of the small settlements on the other side of the strait."

I've updated the Forestal Map in the library as well as the Amador Map with all the changes based on your actions and conversations. The locations Thrane knows are shown as orange dots.


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
"I think heading to...what is that town called, Colona, would be a good start. We could check into these Shaudran ruins while there."

Thrane interjects "Not to be arguing with you Miss but you'd best head to Orfallen for that kind of information. Colona is bigger than us, sure enough, but it is a mining town not near the size of Orfallen."

"If you want to head to Colona, we'll be sending a cart along that way in a week or so. We've got to collect the first load of goblin metals for trade. From there you can take the main road to Orfallen."


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari stutters, "Well...I...I think he is...is...quite...fascinating...." her voice breaks off suddenly, as a blush starts to creep up her neck to her face.

"Really? I wouldn't have thought him your type. I didn't realize tall, dark, and furry was your preference. But enough of your love life. I'm starting a betting pool on how large Fin's train of admirers will become."


Straehan wrote:
"Really? I wouldn't have thought him your type. I didn't realize tall, dark, and furry was your preference.

Ushari looks away from Straehan for a moment, thinking Why do I find him so fascinating, it's not like he is handsome or charming in any way. He fled like a scared rabbit when I approached him earlier. He has not said much to me, I would be surprised if he even talked to me ever again. The thought filled her with sadness for some reason. He is so...different, much different than the boys hanging over Fin like they are dogs in heat.

Straehan wrote:
"But enough of your love life. I'm starting a betting pool on how large Fin's train of admirers will become."

Ushari laughs, "Well, we need to find out how many boys are in town, and then see how many have other love interests...oh to heck with it, I am gonna say...ALL of them!"

Hetmon Thrane wrote:
At Fin's request, Thrane quickly puts a couple of marks on a small map. "These are the two camps I know of between us and Orfallen. There could be more. I don't know the locations of the small settlements on the other side of the strait."

She asks him, "Do you think Vargr would be willing to guide...us to these settlements?"

Hetmon Thrane wrote:
"If you want to head to Colona, we'll be sending a cart along that way in a week or so. We've got to collect the first load of goblin metals for trade. From there you can take the main road to Orfallen."

"That certainly sounds like a good plan. If we get back in time from checking these settlements out, we can escort the metals to Colona."


Straehan wrote:
"But enough of your love life. I'm starting a betting pool on how large Fin's train of admirers will become."
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
"Well, we need to find out how many boys are in town, and then see how many have other love interests...oh to heck with it, I am gonna say...ALL of them!"

Findelgwing pouts and she asks helplessly, "Why Fin?"

Hetmon Thrane wrote:
"These are the two camps I know of between us and Orfallen. There could be more. I don't know the locations of the small settlements on the other side of the strait."

When Thrane produces his maps, the tall elf girl's mood improves markedly as she begins pouring over it wonder what each twist and turn of the shorelines holds.

Hetmon Thrane wrote:
"If you want to head to Colona, we'll be sending a cart along that way in a week or so. We've got to collect the first load of goblin metals for trade. From there you can take the main road to Orfallen."
"That certainly sounds like a good plan. If we get back in time from checking these settlements out, we can escort the metals to Colona."

Fin seems to growl a bit when Ushari mentions heading further inland, although she can't be bothered enough to stop looking over the maps.


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
She asks him, "Do you think Vargr would be willing to guide...us to these settlements?"

Straehan frowns and looks at the map over Fin's shoulder as she sits on a rock, hands clasped behind his back. "Both camps hug the coast. Assuming we have to walk instead of sail, as long as we keep the water on our left, we'll get there just fine. Why would we need a guide?"

He looks at Ushari over his glasses. "Please tell me you've got a better reason for a guide than hopes for a romantic interlude."


STONE-FACED KILLA

"I like how this plan is coming together. Check for Reaver activity, giving us a chance to know the area a bit, maybe build (or have built) a small ship for fast travel, and then head up to Orfallen and learn some more about some of these mysteries we've run across."

He rubs his hands together, "So when do we get started?"

Good ideas all around. When we're in Orfallen we can also make inquiries as to our mysterious sunken ship as well as possibilities regarding our seemingly space/plane-traveling pasts.


Straehan wrote:
He looks at Ushari over his glasses. "Please tell me you've got a better reason for a guide than hopes for a romantic interlude."

”NO!” I mean…of…of course not. I was thinking it would be a good way to get to know him better…I mean as a guide! What?” Ushari’s blush is getting very noticeable at this point.


DM

So, you want to see if a boat is available or can be built, then preferably sail north (with walking being a secondary option) to the check out the two little encampments. From there, if you have a boat, head straight on to Orfallen? Or were you thinking head back to Forestal then go with the cart to Colona and then make your way to Orfallen via the inland route? If you don't have a boat, would you head overland to Orfallen? Or would that be a situational decision?

FYI - you mentioned possibly getting things like thunderstones and tangle-foot. Let me know if there is an active interest in those. If so, I'll figure out what is available in addition to figuring out the boat situation for you. I'm just a little pressed for time today.


DM

While there is no boat for sale; this is a fishing community and they don't have spare boats lying around. However, there is a new dhoni 3/4 finished on the dock. You see Argyl (a local boatwright and fisherman) working on the craft with his two sons in the warm sunshine.

housekeeping:
Boat for Sale? 01-10 1d100 ⇒ 56
Boat being Built? 01-50 1d100 ⇒ 31
Completion % 1d100 ⇒ 74

Odd Items: 1d100 ⇒ 65


Seeing a that there is a new boat nearly finished, Fin taps Straehan on the shoulder and gestures for him to walk over to the boatwright with her. When the man and his sons look up, Findelgwing gives them a friendly wave and looks over their work, admiring their craftsmanship. Having taken note of how others in town greet one another, she offers a handshake to the older man and says, "Findelgwing."

She then motions to the man who is barely half her height and says, "Straehan."

Finally running her hands along the side of the ship she asks, "Coin? Fin helps!"

When it becomes clear to her that Argyl can't tell if she's asking to work for coin or to buy the boat, she asks Straehan to convey that she's looking to acquire a boat and is willing and able to aid in its construction and to pay for what's left over (if it's not too much).


"We would be interested in buying this boat, if you are willing to sell it. And Fin here would be very happy to help you and your sons finish it. She's quite good at boat-building."


DM

The elderly fellow scratches his belly and looks at his sons. You recognize them from somewhere. "Well, this was supposed to be our new fishing boat... but I suppose, since both my boys made it home alive from the barricade, I can't very well turn ya down, now can I?" He pats the side of the boat lovingly. "We built this one to last, using the best woods we could trade for. I don't think I can let you have it for any less than what it cost us to purchase the materials. Our labor, in thanks for yours at the barricade, won't cost you anything. Even still... the wood cost us 300 pieces of gold. Can you pay that?" Argyl mentions the sum hesitantly as if embarrassed to ask so much.


Straehan turns to Fin, saying, "I have a bit over 200 gold in the bank. I'm willing to put it all into the purchase."


Aquan:
"Idonotreallycareaboutcoinsotheycanhavemine. Aboatismuchbetterthanlittlepiecesofmetal!"


DM

Since it seems like the cash isn't an issue...

Over the next week, Fin works with the shipwright/fishermen trying to finish up the boat in record time.

Fin, please give me a Craft: Ship-Building roll. If you roll well, the boat will be finished in a single week.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse has some coin he wants to put towards the purchase. Especially since we all benefit from riding in the thing.

Let's split the cost 3-way... 100g from each of us.


Oops, Actually Ushari only has 60 gp to spend for the boat. MW rapiers are expensive, he he. Plus I did not plan for buying a boat right away. I thought we were going to hoof it to the outlying settlements.


While Fin isn't easily able to communicate with Argyl or his sons, they soon find that she can at least understand everything they say. Staying attentive, the tall girl tends to the boat-building tasks as the father directs seeking to aid another them as part of their team.

Craft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


STONE-FACED KILLA
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Oops, Actually Ushari only has 60 gp to spend for the boat. MW rapiers are expensive, he he. Plus I did not plan for buying a boat right away. I thought we were going to hoof it to the outlying settlements.

I should have been more clear. I meant Jayse, Fin, and Straehan.


DM

Jayse, Fin, and Straehan - deduct 100 GP from your piles o' loot. I'll adjudicate the rest when work clears up. It is whacked today. Grr.


Done. In a meeting here so no hurry.


DM

Fin works hard all week alongside Argyl and his sons. While he is a quiet older man, she sees his clear expertise on every aspect of shipbuilding. He blacksmithed all the metal aboard, wove the sails, and even braided all the rope used, in addition to planning and building the ship itself.

Towards the end of the week, they assess their work. Argyl goes over the boat with a fine-tooth comb, grunting and calling out little imperfections to his sons. Having walked around the entire boat three times, he says, "Nice work, boys. You too, Miss Fin. She'll be ready for a dip in the water tomorrow.... So you best be figuring on what you wanna name her."

rolls:
Craft: Boat 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 2 = 26 AA from Fin


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse sets his reed pipe down, where he'd spent a good portion of today idly playing while the ship-builders worked, "Nice boat!"


Ushari spends most of the week, helping the town deal with various maladies, where a healer’s touch would come in handy.

If no one requires her assistance, she spends the rest of her free time alternating between practicing her weapon play with the new rapier she purchased, and wondering if Vargr will ever talk to her again.


DM

When Fin isn't working on the boat...

... and Ushari isn't helping out with the dozens of minor accidents that happen to woodsmen and fisherman or debating the elusive and often absent Vargr...

... and Jayse isn't practicing his katas, playing his flute, or pursuing extracurricular activities...

... the four compatriots enjoy evenings with drinks and food under the pavilion or borrowing one of the many sailboats for an evening sail. The subjects of discussion that continue to crop up are: Who are they? How did they get here? Who is the Dweller? Who was the glowing woman-like figure?

Subtle reminder, eh? :)


Argyl wrote:
"Nice work, boys. You too, Miss Fin. She'll be ready for a dip in the water tomorrow.... So you best be figuring on what you wanna name her."

All night long, Fin lays awake thinking of what to name the little boat she helped to build. When she finally falls asleep, she dreams of her home back in to tropics of Elsemar, fishing and sailing with her parents and sibblings on a boat that wasn't much larger. Sharks would follow them sometimes. Not huge brutes like the ones encountered on this world's seas, but smaller ones with a spark of intelligence in their eyes.

She remembered her mother teaching her that even though they might not answer, the sharks that were dark-blue on top with the long pectoral fins would not attack her. She called them, Mako.

The moment Findelgwing hears the word, she wakes up. Although it is still early, she can her the flutter of sea birds already. No doubt the sandpipers were already probing the beach for their breakfast, egrets already hunting for fish and frogs among the reeds. Breathing deeply and looking about at the other elves who are still sleeping soundly, she smiles and says quietly to herself, "Mako..."


DM

I'm thinkin'... Fuzzy Naval.
Fuzzy = Ushari's taste in 'men'
Naval = a nod to Fin's nautical roots
Fuzzy Naval = for Jayse/Strae because they both like to drink :)

No? How about Kobiyashi Maru? Whahahahahahahahaaa.


Earlier in the week, one evening…

Ushari sits at the table next to Fin, Jayse, and Straehan, trying to figure out how to broach the subject. Finally, she decides to just say it.

”I think it would be a good idea to talk about our backgrounds and any other secret thing we have not opened up to. This may give us some additional clues as to why we were brought together. I do not think our meeting was coincidental, and I also think some outside force brought us together, for what purpose, I have no clue.”

She starts off, ”My true name is Ushari Velnokal. I was born and raised in the city of Crux, the capital of the Realm on the Mainland. I was a thief, trained in the acrobatic skills required to enter upper story dwellings. I also remember a general sense of sadness at the thought of boats... it is as if there is some memory of a traumatic incident around a boat.”

Kobiyashi Maru? Is that the new name of the White Pearl? He he.


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Kobiyashi Maru? Is that the new name of the White Pearl? He he.

Gads, I hope not. If it is, Priyya is OUTTA there!

1,101 to 1,150 of 7,012 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.