Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


6,751 to 6,800 of 7,012 << first < prev | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | next > last >>

I'm planning on hitting her with touch of idiocy, reducing her casting and will saves. I could also go for enfeeblement, or the hail mary grapple attempt.


I plan on Flame Striking her sorry ass...


DM

She's not sorry for anything she's... oh, I see, you meant sorry in a different way. :)


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Jofram winces as the the gnome's magic strains under the force of the dragon's crushing maw. Slipping around the nearby pillar, he binds a healing spell around Vaelos. "Go - take this spell to Straehan." The eagle looks at him curiously, the sending in his mind telling of the bird's confusion.

With a sigh, the ranger whispers again. "Short-round!" Almost smugly, the bird takes flight, arcing through the air and swooping down to the mage, delivering a small gift of healing energy.

Across the room, a familiar song echoes off of the darkened walls, bolstering the heroes with confidence and determination.

Move to T.112
Begin Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage +2
Cast Cure Light Wounds --> Vaelos' Deliver Touch Spells
.
Vaelos move to Q.99
CLW on Straehan: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


STONE-FACED KILLA

Orin, you're up. Debuffing is good, but keep her Spell Resistance in mind. I'd hate to waste a round casting a useless spell.


DM

The Ranger slides around the far side of the pillar as his companion flies over to the gnome and provides a much appreciated healing touch - reknitting broken ribs.

Round: 5

ORDER: Straehan, Jofram, Orin, Ushari, Jayse, Duh-duh-DRAGON!

Ja's HPs: 70|70 - STR: 16/22 | CON: 14/14
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 70|72 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - STR: 7/13 | CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 31|60 - STR: 6/10 | CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46


If I have 10 ft reach normally and then am large-sized, does that increase my reach to 15 ft? I don't believe it does, which means I'm going to have to delay until Jayse goes.


DM

Your hair reach is your hair reach. Your arm reach is now 10' due to the size increase.

Orin is Delaying.

Next up... Ushari.


Ushari sprints into the room, cursing the weakness suffusing her limbs. Well, before I get devoured I plan on giving this b%~&+ some serious heartburn! She unfurls the scroll recovered in the temple and chants clearly. A column of flame erupts right on top of the dragon!

MOVE: Move to T108.
STAND: Cast Flame Strike Damage 9d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 6, 5, 2, 3, 4, 2) = 34 half fire/divine.
Refl save DC 20 half
CL check (activate DC 10) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
CL check (SR 25) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
...*Insert Sad Trombone here*


I don't know who grabbed the Elemental Gem and the Bead of Force but you may want to consider breaking those items out here...


STONE-FACED KILLA

I can't think of a good way of using the Bead in this situation:
Using the bead on the dragon deals 5d6 damage (avg 17.5 damage), and i'm guessing she has a really solid shot at making the DC to avoid being encapsulated. It's a bit of a hail mary, and if it doesn't work (which i have my doubts that it will), Straehan is left exposed against another attack… and this time the dragon can 5' step in and full attack him… which is most assuredly a KO.
.
Using it to encapsulate Straehan deals damage to him (which he will definitely survive, but possibly just barely) and leaves him stuck in a bubble from which he has no escape.

The blackness clouding Jayse's eyes is blasted away in a scorching wall of super-heated air, and as he blinks away the tears, the assassin quickly realizes his time to draw and drink the potion have come and passed.

If I give the girl another few seconds focused on Straehan, we're likely to be carrying out a gnome corpse… if we leave at all...

He considers and dismisses a series of approaches, quickly formulating a gambit that would certainly alter the rules of engagement. It almost brings a smile to his lips… almost.

Fading back into view, he calls out to his enlarged teammate, "Orin! Teleport us onto her back! Now!"

He prepares his mind and blade for the disorienting jump he knows is coming...

Jayse will delay until after Orin's turn.
Orin: Step over to Jayse, touch Jayse, and DDoor us both onto the big girl's back, then I'll flurry on her. >:D
.
If Orin does it:
FULL: Flurry the big girl while hovering above her.

rolls:
Rolls include mods for Inspire Courage +2 and Power Attack.
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 28 <-- CRIT?
---> Damage 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 3d6 + 2d8 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 4 + (5, 3, 5) + (2, 3) = 39
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 28; Trait
---> Damage 35 + 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 ⇒ 35 + (5) + 7 + 2 + 4 = 53
---> Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 5
---> Shaken for 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 rounds
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 - 2 = 14
---> Damage 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 3d6 + 2d8 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + 4 + (3, 2, 6) + (6, 6) = 42
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 11
---> Damage 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 3d6 + 2d8 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + 4 + (5, 4, 6) + (8, 3) = 44

Status:
HP 70/70
AC 26 • Touch 24/20 (first number is against incorporeals) • FF 23
CMD 30 • FF 27 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +11 Reflex +11 Will +13
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield, Heroism (70 min), Shield Other (3h), Inspire Courage +2, Dragon Style, Fly


Fair enough--I've never ridden a dragon before. He tries to sound confident as he jests, but his voice wavers. The witch eyes the dragon, then wraps a tendril of hair around Jayse, intones a word, and they disappear for an instant, reappearing on the dragon's back.

Swift: Kirin Style 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29

5 ft move to Q/R 106/107

Move: Draw potion of shield of faith

Standard: Cast Dimension Door on me, Jayse, and Filch. Filch stays in pocket, I'll go to T/U 97/98, Jayse goes to V96. I want to teleport 6 inches above her in her square, not in her space, clearly.

If my 10 ft reach doesn't apply to being able to touch Jayse for purposes of the spell, then I'll use my move action to move next to him and I won't draw the potion.

Ushari, I know you're (rightly, in my opinion) keeping your distance from the dragon due to low HPs from the con drain and whatnot, but now that me and Jayse are mixing it up, if she focuses on fighting us, you might want to move closer to hit the dragon with your aura and hit us with magic circle.


Ushari calls down the divine fire. Whether the strange Fortress warps the very essence of magic or the Dragon is so inveterately evil that its horrific nature blunts the cleric's holy purpose... the column of flame washes over the creature and leaves it unharmed.

The dragon casts a baleful eye on the cleric, "And to think... I was going to kill you last."


DM

Orin - your potion is in hand and Kirin Style is active.
Jayse - you forgot to add the +1 Higher Ground ATT mod. I've included it.

Orin's hair snakes around the monk's ankle and they both vanish from the universe. With a staccato pop-pop of in-rushing air at the vacuum they created when leaving and the air displaced on arrival, they reappear. The duo hover above the sinuous Dragon menacing Straehan. She appears to be gauging the wisdom of trying to squeeze between the pillar and the wall to bring her claws to bear on the tasty morsel of gnome-flesh that dared to charbroil her glorious hide.

Orin prepares a flask and Jayse sets to work with his blade. The monk/assassin plans his first strike - driving the blade straight down, aiming for a spot between the massive draconic vertebrae. It is a chance to sever the beast's spine. And though the dark mist clouds his eyes and his precision is thrown off by his weakened limbs, his blue blade flashes accurately downward with a lethal blow.

At the last moment an opaque circle of energy, the size of a shield, rushes up from the Dragon's belly. It intersects and deflects the monk's blow. Stymied, Jayse tries to deliver a set of quick slashes into the Dragon's spine - but they are either shunted by the shield or fail to pierce the Dragon's hide.

Jayse looks up to see the Dragon, her neck and head turned to regard her floating attackers. Her long tongue flicks angrily.

Round: 5

ORDER: Straehan, Jofram, Ushari, Jayse, Orin, Duh-duh-DRAGON!

Guys, please include a STATUS with your posts. At a minimum, I need your AC's with all factors added in. In fact, just give me a post now with your current ACs. Thanks!


STONE-FACED KILLA

Mine is unchanged from three posts up. Will that suffice?


Sadly, only a 22 AC for me.


Ushari AC is 22 as well.


The Dragon's head slithers past the witch to snap at her would-be assassin. Her fangs crush the monk's wrist... a searing pain almost immediately transferred to Orin. Her head whips back and the sizeable claws dig into the floor tiles, bracing herself. With a leathery flap, the Dragon unfurls her wings and pistons them up, clapping all 30' of them together. For Jayse and Orin, it is like being crushed between malevolent sails with multiple masts. The large witch is buffeted but the monk is battered heavily. Only the instantaneous sharing of the damage leaves Jayse conscious, though it is nearly Orin's undoing.

As the wings separate, both men's heads ring and blood trickles from their ears. Being slammed between the wings was almost like having your ears boxed by a Titan.

In a final bit of malevolence, the Dragon lashes her tail at the monk, trying to launch him across the room. Fortunately, Jayse dodges below the armored limb, the size of a grown tree.

Round: 6

ORDER: Straehan, Jofram, Ushari, Jayse, Orin, Duh-duh-DRAGON!

Ja's HPs: 33|70 - STR: 16/22 | CON: 14/14
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 16|72 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - STR: 7/13 | CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 31|60 - STR: 6/10 | CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46

DRAGON BOOM:
MODS: PA
Bite (19+) v JAYSE AC:26
HIT: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37 DAM: 2d8 + 24 ⇒ (8, 7) + 24 = 39

Wing (20) v JAYSE AC:26
HIT: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 DAM: 8 + 12 = 20 Crit?
HIT: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33 DAM: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 Yes

Wing (20) v ORIN AC:22
HIT: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 DAM: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Tail Slap (20) v JAYSE AC:26
HIT: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 DAM: 2d6 + 24 ⇒ (5, 5) + 24 = 34


Straehan watches his friends get batted about by the Dragon. Orin was standing - barely. And Jayse was only faring somewhat better. The only real weakness he saw in the Dragon was that it was slow, which meant it couldn't get off too many opportunistic attacks... No Combat Reflexes.

He yells to his floating companions. "We have to circle up - briefly! She'll be able to breathe at us again soon so it's gotta be quick! I've got a scroll that will give us a shot at fighting her hand-to-hand. And she's a slow b!tch. She can't get all of us if we move. So if I don't make it... get my scroll." The gnome dodges left, deliberately drawing the Dragon's strike. The Dragon's crocodile head strikes fast as a cobra at the fleeing sorcerer, but her muzzle smacks against the pillar - putting a large crack in it and raining down debris.

Lucky, old man, lucky. The gnome skitters into the open, pulls the scroll from his bag and intones his spell.

Anyone who can get in touch range of Straehan this round will receive Stoneskin (DR:10/Adamantine - absorb 90 DAM total). Depending on how long you want to risk standing close, I'll cast Haste next round.

MOVE: R104
SWIFT: Pull Scroll
STAND: Cast Stoneskin, Communal

Round: 6

ORDER: Straehan, Jofram, Ushari, Jayse, Orin, Duh-duh-DRAGON!

MAP: Penumbra

Ja's HPs: 33|70 - STR: 16/22 | CON: 14/14
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 16|72 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - STR: 7/13 | CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 31|60 - STR: 6/10 | CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Jayse - Heroism - +2 morale ATT, Saves, Skills - 70 mins
Jayse - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistance saves - Orin takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jayse - Mage Armor
Jayse - Fly - 7 mins

Jofram - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistance saves - Ushari takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jofram - Resistance - +1 on saves - 6 of 10 rnds
Jofram - Vanish

Orin - See Invisible
Orin - Mage Armor
Orin - Levitate - 7 min

Ushari - Archon's Aura - 7 min link Will DC:18 - when w/i 20'.
Ushari - Magic Circle v Evil - 70 min link - +2 Deflection AC, +2 Saves to anyone within 10' of her.
Ushari - Mirror Images (3) - 3 min
Ushari - Divine Favor

Strae - See Invisible
Strae - Mage Armor

Bad Guys
Dragon - Shield
Dragon - Breath used in rnd 3
Dragon - Tar Pool - 3 of 11 rnds - 2d6

rolls:
Tar DAM 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

AoO Bite (19+) v STRAE AC:25 - PA
HIT: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20 DAM: 2d8 + 24 ⇒ (3, 1) + 24 = 28

CL v DC10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

AC = 27
.
Gauntlet Shield, Ring, Shield Other


STONE-FACED KILLA

As an immediate action triggered by the receiving of the first bit of damage, Jayse spends 6 pp to negate 12 damage. Current HP: 45/70. (Before Rage Potion)

Frustrated and battered, flies next to Straehan, drinking his rage potion while hovering a few feet off the ground.

MOVE: Fly to S.103 (elevation: 2 ft)
STANDARD: Drink Rage Potion.

Status:
HP 45/70 Currently 52/77
AC 24 • Touch 22/18 (first number is against incorporeals) • FF 21
CMD 29 • FF 26 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +12 Reflex +11 Will +13
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield, Heroism (70 min), Shield Other (3h), Inspire Courage +2, Dragon Style, Fly, Rage Potion


Ushari grits her teeth as the battle progresses. This really could be going better...Still, they need me.

She moves next to the gnome and sends a wave of healing out to her friends.

MOVE: Move to Q103
STAND: Channel Energy (exclude dragon...duh...) 4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 2) = 14


Is that a 30 ft radius or 20 ft radius? If it's 20 I believe that doesn't hit me, so I might humbly request that you delay until I move within range ;-)


You know what? This dude is practically immune to all my spells and I won't get another chance at this, so here goes...

Orin looks at his newfound friends with determination. He stands tall, darting his hair forward around the gaping maw of the beast as he speaks through gritted teeth.

Find...the...shell. Hurry!

Standard: Hair attack, Hero point bonus to hit, IC, Heroism, higher ground, combat expertise, size 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 41

Hair Damage, IC 2d6 + 3 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 7 + 1 + 2 = 20

Swift: Grapple, IC, Heroism, Higher ground?, combat expertise, size 1d20 + 18 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 42

Move action, greater grapple, pin, vs his grappled CMD 1d20 + 18 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 42


STONE-FACED KILLA

Orin, what's your current CMD vs. grapple (against the big girl)?


Huzzah! I believe I'm allowed to prevent the dragon from speaking/casting spells with verbal components while I grapple it, so if that's the case I'll do it. My CMD vs grapple is CMD 36 (10 + 3 Str + 2 Dex + 4 Class Feature + 7 BaB + 1 Dodge + 1 Size + 2 Combat Expertise + 4 Favored Class + 2 Feat)


Jayse wrote:
Orin, what's your current CMD vs. grapple (against the big girl)?

Ninjaed! Does deflection count for CMD? I don't have any at the moment, but I have a potion in my hand.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Deflection bonuses do apply to CMD. ALso, where does it say you can restrict its ability to speak. If anything, the Pinned entry specifically says a pinned creature can take verbal and mental actions. And I'm a little unclear on whether it can take AoO's on you if you decide to drink that potion. With the grappled condition, a creature can still take AoO's on the creature grappling it (if not against other creatures), and the Pinned condition doesn't mention it other than to say "A pinned creature is limited in the actions that it can take"... which it doesn't then go on to illuminate very well.

I'm also not sure hwo likely it is that we can find the shell -- through mundane or magical means -- before she breaks loose from your grapple. She probably has a fairly hefty CMB, being a Huge Dragon and all (likely with a template or so).


Orin Vanderwhal wrote:
Is that a 30 ft radius or 20 ft radius? If it's 20 I believe that doesn't hit me, so I might humbly request that you delay until I move within range ;-)

The radius is 30' Orin. Don't worry Ushari won't let you down :)


Jayse wrote:

Deflection bonuses do apply to CMD. ALso, where does it say you can restrict its ability to speak. If anything, the Pinned entry specifically says a pinned creature can take verbal and mental actions. And I'm a little unclear on whether it can take AoO's on you if you decide to drink that potion. With the grappled condition, a creature can still take AoO's on the creature grappling it (if not against other creatures), and the Pinned condition doesn't mention it other than to say "A pinned creature is limited in the actions that it can take"... which it doesn't then go on to illuminate very well.

I'm also not sure hwo likely it is that we can find the shell -- through mundane or magical means -- before she breaks loose from your grapple. She probably has a fairly hefty CMB, being a Huge Dragon and all (likely with a template or so).

Yeah, I was just reading through everything now. I think I might have been thinking of a 3.5 rule. Dah well, at least I'm subduing her for a round. Maybe she'll roll a 1 ;-)

Thanks, 'Shari! Every little bit helps, haha.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

A few choice curses run through Jofram's mind, as his allies fly between his arrowhead and dragonflesh.

With the call from Straehan, the ranger changes tactics. He lets out a sharp whistle to Vaelos, then runs toward his gathering friends, he plants his feet and skids through the dust, managing a single shot at the wyrmkind. He slides to a stop next to Jayse and the gnome.

Continue Inspire Courage +2
.
Move to S.104
Vaelos Moves to S.104, as well
.
Attack (Arcane Strike, Deadly Aim, Point-Blank, IC2, Shoot into Melee Penalty<2xBigger>):
1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 19


DM

Jofram sends a well-placed arrow spanging off the dorsal armor of the Umbral Dragon. The arrow rattles off into the dark temple. Jayse, Ushari, Jofram, and Vaelos all fall back to the corridor entrance and touch the sorceror briefly.

You guys are stone-skinned and I'll track it under On-Going Effects.

Orin - need your final decision on your actions. IF you choose to move, you can grab the pillar and laterally levitate at 1/2 speed until you are off the dragon's back, then lower yourself and move at regular speed. With your reach, you should be able to get in touch range handily. Choice is yours.


I'll stick with my actions. If my swift action grapple fails, then my move action is invalidated. If that's the case, then I'll use my action to move over next to Straehan to get hit with the stoneskin. It looks like S/T 101/102, I believe.


DM

Ushari frantically heals her allies. Orin's white hair whips across the black dragon's muzzle, leaving a bloody streak. Then the insidious witch-hair wraps around the beast's face and neck, to bind and strangle... but it cannot find purchase. With a shake and a grim snort, the massive Dragon sloughs off the slithering hair. As Orin retreats to the others, he feels his locks - they are unbelievably slick with some strange substance.

Orin also gets Stoneskin.
Jofram - did you want Stoneskin on Vaelos? It will effect the duration of the spell - from 18 minutes (w/o Vaelos) to 15 minutes (w/ Vaelos)

Next Up... Dragon

Ja's HPs: 59|70 - STR: 16/22 | CON: 14/14
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 30|72 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - STR: 7/13 | CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 45|60 - STR: 6/10 | CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46


The Dragon shakes the temple with her deafening bellows of victory at forcing her enemies to retreat. Deciding between pursuit of her quarry and ending the incessant burning of the tar, she opts to stop the damned bubbling admixture from blistering more of her hide.

FREE: 5' Step
FULL: Scrape off Tar

Next UP... Round 7: Strae


The Sorceror makes a set of gestures you've all become familiar with - wrapping you all in a field of time warping energy. He looks about for where he should move, knowing that the Dragon would be capable of breathing Gods-knows-what very soon.

STAND: Cast Haste
SWIFT: Rod in hand (though I don't think he had to put it down to do the scroll)
MOVE: Will move or hand over rod based on team plan.

Ushari - I moved you down in the order so that your channel would catch Jayse.

Round: 7

ORDER: Straehan, Jofram, Jayse, Ushari, Orin, DRAGON

MAP: Penumbra

Ja's HPs: 59|70 - STR: 16/22 | CON: 14/14
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 30|72 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - STR: 7/13 | CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 45|60 - STR: 6/10 | CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
All - Haste - 1 of 7 rnds - +1 Attack on FULL ATTACK ACTION; +1 ATT Rolls; +1 Reflex Saves; +1 Dodge AC; +30' Move

Jayse - Heroism - +2 morale ATT, Saves, Skills - 70 mins
Jayse - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistance saves - Orin takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jayse - Mage Armor
Jayse - Fly - 7 mins
Jayse - Stoneskin - - PTS 90

Jofram - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistance saves - Ushari takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jofram - Resistance - +1 on saves - 7 of 10 rnds
Jofram - Vanish
Jofram - Stoneskin - - PTS 90

Orin - See Invisible
Orin - Mage Armor
Orin - Levitate - 7 min
Orin - Stoneskin - - PTS 90

Ushari - Archon's Aura - 7 min link Will DC:18 - when w/i 20'.
Ushari - Magic Circle v Evil - 70 min link - +2 Deflection AC, +2 Saves to anyone within 10' of her.
Ushari - Mirror Images (3) - 3 min
Ushari - Divine Favor
Ushari - Stoneskin - - PTS 90

Strae - See Invisible
Strae - Mage Armor
Strae - Stoneskin - - PTS 90

Bad Guys
Dragon - Shield
Dragon - Breath used in rnd 3

Tar Pool - 3 of 11 rnds - 2d6


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead
stormraven wrote:

Jofram - did you want Stoneskin on Vaelos? It will effect the duration of the spell - from 18 minutes (w/o Vaelos) to 15 minutes (w/ Vaelos)

I didn't realize that. Dunno how much 3 minutes will affect us - that's what? A million combat rounds? Anyway, you can leave Vaelos out of it, if you think we need to conserve it. Come to think of it...

Jofram kicks Orin away, as he tries to come within the spell's range...
.
I kid, I kid!


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Jofram steps away from Orin, sending a stream of arrows which deflect off of the dragon's thick hide. He let's out a stream of curses in every language he knows.

Damn, damn, triple damn:
5' Step to T.105
Continue IC2
.
Attack (Arcane Strike, Deadly Aim, Point-Blank, Haste, IC2, Target Enemy, Manyshot, Rapid Shot):
1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 23
.
Attack (Arcane Strike, Deadly Aim, Point-Blank, Haste, IC2, Target Enemy, Manyshot, Rapid Shot):
1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 21
.
Attack (Arcane Strike, Deadly Aim, Point-Blank, Haste, IC2, Target Enemy, Manyshot, Rapid Shot):
1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 13
.
Attack (Arcane Strike, Deadly Aim, Point-Blank, Haste, IC2, Target Enemy, Manyshot, Rapid Shot):
1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 18

Status:
[ooc]AC=28
.
No Longer Vanished, since previous attack[ooc]


DM

With a sweep of an armored wing, the Dragon shields itself from Jofram's flight of arrows.

Well, that extra three minutes could be clutch if you run into a baddie 16 minutes from now. :)

Next Up... Jayse

Jofram:
Thanks for the status update. FWIW - I have your AC as 27 now (was 26 before), am I missing something?


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

SR:
Everything listed on Bio page, +1 for Ushari's Shield Other spell, and +1 for Haste


STONE-FACED KILLA

Stormraven, I have Jayse's current HP at 66/77 with the Rage Potion included. 33 (after last bit of dragon damage) + 12 (immediate: 6 pp to reduce damage by 12) + 7 (due to +2 Con from rage potion) + 14 (channel) = 66. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Having your skin turned to stone while your blood boils with arcane energy is a strange sensation, to say the least. Any other time, Jayse would have taken a moment to simply experience it. The immediacy of the situation demands action, however.

"Spread out!" Jayse barks out as he unceremoniously grabs Straehan's collar with his off-hand. The flight and speed magics make Jayse's feet lighter than air, and every bounding step launches him and the gnome across the stone floor. Without looking back at Strae, he says in a hushed tone that competes with the rushing of air. "You're the bait. Just bring her after you and stay alive." His voice picks back up to a shout for the benefit of everyone else in the room as he releases Straehan, sending him sliding across the flagstones near one of the immense columns. "I can't touch her! I'll go for the shell! Orin, come around and help me!"

STANDARD: pick up Straehan.
MOVE: My hasted land speed is 70. So move 40' to U.110. Drop Straehan as a free action into U.111, then continue moving straight south to AA.110.

Status:
HP 59/70 Currently 66/77
AC 25 • Touch 23/19 (first number is against incorporeals) • FF 21
CMD 30 • FF 26 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +12 Reflex +12 Will +14
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield, Heroism (70 min), Shield Other (3h), Inspire Courage +2, Dragon Style, Fly, -6 STR, Rage Potion, Haste, Stoneskin

My plan: Jofram, you stay in place. Keep trying those ranged attacks. Hopefully your rolls will pickup and you'll start pinging her. Valaes might be able to come do some AA's to help you get some more bonuses to your attack rolls. Orin, follow Jayse around clock-wise, but don't get too close to Strae. We want Strae to draw her across the tar to attack him. Then you and Jayse can close in on flanks and try to gang-bang her. Ushari, try to stay close enough to be able to put that res scroll to good use if it's necessary, but be ready to step into help melee or drop Channels as needed.
.
Unless someone's got a better idea.
.
And remember, accuracy over damage. And Jofram, you might wanna consider not even rapid shooting, Haste + Manyshot should help you put enough arrows into the air to put a dent in her with even decent attack rolls, especially if you can get Valaes to give you a successful AA.


Ushari nods in response to Jayse's order and sprints away from the dragon. She also shuffles in her pouch, swapping out one scroll for the other. She then chatters at Skitter, ::I want you to be ready to help Jayse and Orin when they engage the dragon. When they get close you distract her OK:: Use AA action.

MOVE: Move to V109
MOVE: Put scroll away, draw scroll of Breath of Life. (She has her rapier in her right hand and the scroll in her left now.

Status:
Current AC 23; Archon's Aura; Magic Circle v Evil; Mirror Images (3) Divine Favor ;Stoneskin - - PTS 90; Hasted

SR:
Can Ushari carry more than one scroll in her hand?


STONE-FACED KILLA

Ushari, are you aware that your intended destination is between the dragon and Strae?


OOH...Yeahhh...good point Jayse. I just realized Ushari is Hasted as well. (Stupid stomach flu...) So 'Shari will move to AB109 instead.


Ok, recalling that the Dragon has 15ft reach with his bite, makes me in her reach. Not good. So, question--if I dismiss enlarge person, do I get to choose which of the four squares I end up in?


DM

Clever idea, Orin. Yes, if you dismiss the spell you can decide your end square.

Jayse - your numbers are good. I forgot about the Rage potion.

Ushari - I would think you could hold 2 scrolls in one hand.

Jofram - OK. I was keying it off your second to last status which I believe had it listed as 26. I thought the Shield Other was included there. No worries - minor oversight that has had no effect on the battle.


Jayse scruffs the gnome and drops him unceremoniously with the quickly sketched plan. The Monk continues to sprint, covering half the length of the temple. Ushari cuts the corner around the bubbling tar pool, staying just a step ahead of the Monk. The Ranger holds position and readies more arrows.

The Dragon listens to the conversation and warily watches the movements of the team. She blows a puff of dark mist from her nostrils. Having not suffered from the Monk's previous attack, she doesn't look beyond his words - which cater to her arrogance. "Best leave my treasures alone. You won't live to escape with them."

Next Up.. Orin


Orin nods, shrinking down, blasting a ray of energy over his shoulder as he runs around the tar.

Free: Dismiss Enlarge Person, end up in square S102.

Swift: Arcane Armor Training

Standard: Ray of Enfeeblement, touch attack, heroism, haste, IC 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 18

DC 18 Fort Save for Half, Str Penalty 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Spell Penetration 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Move: To Q111, drawing bow


DM

A sharp green ray fires from the witch's hand to the dragon's broad chest but dissipates in a shower of a sparks against its scales. Undaunted, Orin moves to the corner of the room drawing his bow.

Next Up... Dragon


Straehan does his best to keep the Dragon focused on him, tweaking its one obvious weakness... its pride.

"Need some ointment on those boils? It looks like you took the worst of that last exchange. I figured Dragon's were overrated... so I'll give you just one more chance to surrender before I reach into this pouch here and deliver up another surprise."

6,751 to 6,800 of 7,012 << first < prev | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.