Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


6,701 to 6,750 of 7,012 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>

Ushari hears a note of...something in Jayse's voice. "What is it, Jayse? What do you see?"

Delay.


Strae answers for the Monk, "It's a..." He reconsiders adding an unflattering adjective given how smart these creatures are supposed to be, "...Dragon. He's black and very, very large."

Next Up... Orin.


I'll go to P107 with Filch in my pocket.

Upon hearing the word "dragon", Orin moves in for a closer look.

Know roll 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21


DM

Ouch on that roll. Unfortunately, it is not good enough to ID the creature or determine its strengths or weaknesses.

Stretching his vision into the gloom above, Orin has a hard time seeing the shadowy creature within the darkness in which it blends.

You still have actions remaining Orin, want to use them?


Hmm. I'll use Kirin stance as my swift and cast levitate on myself

Arcane spell failure 10%

1d100 ⇒ 36


I...I've never HEARD of such a creature, let alone see one. It probably has spells and a breath weapon, but perhaps not.


DM

Orin takes a defensive stance and begins floating.

Next Up... Ushari/Jayse.

Ben mentioned he might be gone all evening, so Ushari, feel free to bust a move if you got one.


Roger that SR...

Ushari has never even heard of such a creature, except through fairy tales told by her parents. However she knew the creature possessed flight, and it probably would not be friendly....nothing encountered here in this ruin had been anyway.

She steps behind Jayse and lightly touches his shoulder, whispering a quick prayer. Cast Fly on Jayse, duration 7 minutes. She then reaches into her pouch, drawing the scroll picked up in the previous chamber and also her rapier Move action.


DM

Also unsure of the best way to crack this particular nut, Ushari draws her blade and graces Jayse with the gift of flight, her images swirling around her.

Round: 3

ORDER: Straehan, Jofram, Orin, Ushari, Jayse, Duh-duh-DRAGON!

MAP: Penumbra
MUSIC: Dragon's Theme

Ja's HPs: 70|70 - CON: 14/14
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 70|72 - CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 46|60 - CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46

On-Going Effects:
Good GuysJayse - Heroism - +2 morale ATT, Saves, Skills - 70 mins
Jayse - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistence saves - Orin takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jayse - Mage Armor
Jayse - Fly - 7 mins

Jofram - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistence saves - Ushari takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jofram - Resistance - +1 on saves - 3 of 10 rnds

Orin - See Invisible
Orin - Mage Armor
Orin - Le

Ushari - Archon's Aura - 7 min link Will DC:18 - when w/i 20'.
Ushari - Magic Circle v Evil - 70 min link - +2 Deflection AC, +2 Saves to anyone within 10' of her.
Ushari - Mirror Images (3) - 3 min

Strae - See Invisible
Strae - Mage Armor

Bad Guys
Dragon - ???


I like the Dragon's tunes selection ;-)


HEHEHE...I think we will need to call this Dragon...TREVOR HOFFMAN!!


STONE-FACED KILLA

The magic from Ushari's spell begs to be put to use, and Jayse decides to begin by releasing a trickle. He floats off the floor as he readies a counter-attack in case the dragon closes -- simultaneously dropping into dragon style.

Fitting, it would seem.

The thought goes floating across the surface of the Calm. "Straehan, any information other than 'it's a dragon'?"

MOVE: Float up and forward 10 feet, to R104 (elevation 10 ft).
SWIFT: Dragon Style
STANDARD: ready a melee strike for if it comes within range, including Heroism, Power Attack, and Psychic Strike.

Readied Attack:
Mindblade (2-handed) 1d20 + 16 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 2 - 2 = 35 <-- CRIT?
---> Damage 8 + 14 + 6 + 18 + 16 = 62
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 16 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 28; trait
---> Damage 62 + 1d8 + 14 + 6 ⇒ 62 + (7) + 14 + 6 = 89
---> Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 5
---> Shaken for 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 rounds

Status:
HP 70/70
AC 26 • Touch 24/20 (first number is against incorporeals) • FF 23
CMD 33 • FF 30 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +11 Reflex +11 Will +13
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield, Heroism (70 min), Shield Other (3h), Dragon Style, Fly


DM

Jayse floats into the air, coiled and ready to strike if the hulking dragon comes for him. Considering the battle with the spider, Jayse has to wonder if offering himself to take the full fury of a dragon is a wise choice.


STONE-FACED KILLA

I guess that would be why he didn't charge. ;)


Head cocked in curiosity, the dragon watches the heroes - the spells cast, the discussion, and the preparation. It had known they were coming from the first howl of the Shadow Mastiffs, of course. No sense having a backdoor without a guard. Knew they were a threat when the Shadow Demon failed to report in. And having carefully and cautiously Shadow Walked to spy on the interlopers from time to time, it knew their numbers weren't reduced any despite the inherent dangers of the Cube. And now, they must have defeated the Wraiths... no mean feat that.

The dragon's natural arrogance is tempered with caution and respect. It smells danger in these newcomers and doesn't take its instincts lightly. Decision made - it doesn't even attempt to play with these creatures. That's how dragons die on heroic swords.

The dragon releases its iron hard claws and tail from their holds and drops... turning over deftly in the air. It plummets for a moment before snapping its massive bat-like wings open, cupping the air and controlling its descent. Its sinuous body practically slithers through the air. The downbeat from the 30' of wings sends coins and stone-dust blasting across the massive temple. The beast lands 'lightly' - cracking dozens of mosaic tiles beneath its four powerful limbs. It settles in the wide wedge of shadow just beyond the limits of the pillars' glow. The long neck raises up and rears back, like a cobra ready to strike. The red eyes regard the monk hovering 20' away and the assembled others behind him. The dragon briefly reflects on the conversation.

Strae wrote:
"...Dragon. He's black and very, very large."
Jayse wrote:
"Straehan, any information other than 'it's a dragon'?"

The creature's loud voice carries in the empty temple. It is surprisingly feminine, "I'm a she, actually." Then she breathes...

From her fanged mouth a blackness spreads. Roiling, pitch-black shadows made physical expand outward, engulf the entire party and kiss the back wall of the corridor behind them. It is like being trapped in a black shroud of such lethal cold that it numbs you instantly.

Fort Saves from everyone, including familiars - but not constructs. Be SURE to include all your various bonuses/minuses for Heroism, CON DAM, etc., and +2 vs evil for Jofram, Vaelos, Ushari, and Strae for their proximity to Ushari.

Jofram, at your level, Vaelos' Fort Save is +4

Round: 4

ORDER: Straehan, Jofram, Orin, Ushari, Jayse, Duh-duh-DRAGON!

MAP: Penumbra
MUSIC: Dragon's Theme

Ja's HPs: 70|70 - CON: 14/14
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 70|72 - CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 46|60 - CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Jayse - Heroism - +2 morale ATT, Saves, Skills - 70 mins
Jayse - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistance saves - Orin takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jayse - Mage Armor
Jayse - Fly - 7 mins

Jofram - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistance saves - Ushari takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jofram - Resistance - +1 on saves - 4 of 10 rnds

Orin - See Invisible
Orin - Mage Armor
Orin - Levitate - 7 min

Ushari - Archon's Aura - 7 min link Will DC:18 - when w/i 20'.
Ushari - Magic Circle v Evil - 70 min link - +2 Deflection AC, +2 Saves to anyone within 10' of her.
Ushari - Mirror Images (3) - 3 min

Strae - See Invisible
Strae - Mage Armor

Bad Guys
Dragon - ???
Dragon - Breath rnd 1

BOOM:
If failed - duration 1d4 ⇒ 1
If saved - effect 1d4 ⇒ 4


Fort Save 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 24 CON DAM, Magic Circle v Evil


STONE-FACED KILLA

Fort Save 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15; can kick it up to 19 as an immediate w/ a pp spent...not that I think the DC is that low.


DM

Eesh... save the PP, it won't help.


Fort save 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 15 CON drain, Magic Circle.
I feel your PAIN, Jayse...


STONE-FACED KILLA

This could be a quick fight. Come on, Orin & Jofram!


DM

Jofram, I have Vaelos' save as a +5 not +4 (as previously stated)... not sure where you are getting your CON figure for him. Also, he isn't L7. As a Ranger you don't get the Animal Companion as an equal level Druid, so I have him at L4 with 4d+9 HP.


Orin, heroism, stupidly moved out of magic circle, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs death effects 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Filch 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Hehe, maybe Filch can go deliver news of our deaths ;-)


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Ah, that's fine. I asked you about it earlier, but I don't think you noticed. I was leaving his stats that way until I heard otherwise. I'll modify stats when I get a chance.

Fort (J): 1d20 + 8 - 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 6 + 2 + 1 = 13
Fort (V): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25 - Filch and Vaelos... seriously?

Using bonuses from Ush's Circle (+2 Deflection) and Resistance (+1, described as 'resistance' bonus?)
Ush's Shield Other AC bonus doesn't stack with Circle, does it?


Dang 4 failed saves?? Ouch...oh well.
Mebbe we can turn this into the Familiar/sidekick party...I can see it now...
Orin ==> Filch
Jofram ==> Vaelos
Ushari ==> Skitter
Jayse ==> ??? (hmmm...his magic stone? Controlling Straehan?)
We will think of something, Jayse he he.


Yikes.

The dark blast of the dragon's breath cuts to the bone. Even those who manage to avoid the worst of the effects, don't walk away unscathed. Jayse, Jofram, Orin, and Ushari find their muscles weakened -6 STR DRAIN. Nearly as disturbing, the dark mist fills their eyes and can't be wiped away - they are blind. Blind for 1 rnd.

Somewhat shielded from the deadly blast - Straehan by the shadow of Jayse, Vaelos by Jofram's shoulder, and Filch tucked safely in Orin's pocket - they are nevertheless weakened by the blast. -4 STR DRAIN Unlike their friends, they can at least see. Although the strength draining breath is lessened, it proves too much for Filch who squeaks once and collapses quiescent in Orin's pocket. Filch's STR is down to 0. He is unconscious.

Rough round, guys, sorry about that. Be sure to factor in your reduced STR on all Attacks, Damages, Power Attacks, etc. from here on out. Now, to try pulling a rabbit out of Straehan's hat...

Spell Stacking Question:
Magic Circle - +2 Deflection AC, +2 Resistance on Saves
Resistance - +1 Resistance on Saves
Shield Other - +1 Deflection AC, +1 Resistance on Saves

You take the highest of the Deflection and Resistance bonuses that apply but they don't stack with themselves. So with those three spells in effect, you have +2 Deflection AC and +2 Resistance on Saves.

Round: 4

ORDER: Straehan, Jofram, Orin, Ushari, Jayse, Duh-duh-DRAGON!

MAP: Penumbra
MUSIC: Dragon's Theme

Ja's HPs: 70|70 - STR: 16/22 | CON: 14/14
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 70|72 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - STR: 7/13 | CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 46|60 - STR: 6/10 | CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Jayse - Heroism - +2 morale ATT, Saves, Skills - 70 mins
Jayse - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistence saves - Orin takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jayse - Mage Armor
Jayse - Fly - 7 mins

Jofram - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistence saves - Ushari takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jofram - Resistance - +1 on saves - 4 of 10 rnds

Orin - See Invisible
Orin - Mage Armor
Orin - Levitate - 7 min

Ushari - Archon's Aura - 7 min link Will DC:18 - when w/i 20'.
Ushari - Magic Circle v Evil - 70 min link - +2 Deflection AC, +2 Saves to anyone within 10' of her.
Ushari - Mirror Images (3) - 3 min

Strae - See Invisible
Strae - Mage Armor

Bad Guys
Dragon - ???
Dragon - Breath rnd 1

BOOM:
Jayse - -6 STR, blind 1 rnd
Jofram - -6 STR, blind 1 rnd
Orin - -6 STR. blind 1 rnd
Ushari - -6 STR, blind 1 rnd
Strae - -4 STR, not blinded

Filch - -4 STR, not blinded but STR 0 - unconscious
Vaelos - -4 STR, not blinded


Watching all his friends wiping their eyes, Straehan knows a moment of gut-wrenching fear. We're f@c<ed. He begins to think frantically, Stall for time, delay it, and keep its focus divided. As a child of dragons, he ought to know something useful about this beast. He accesses the wellspring of information gifted him by Naladoria, not to mention his own research, drawing out important facts.

Dragon wrote:
"I'm a she, actually."

The gnome paints on a smile as he walks into the room along the wall, extending his claws to emphasize his heritage. "Well you can't blame me for that... you all look the same in the dark." he sneers in both Draconic and Common for his allies. "Why don't you fall back, Jayse. I'll handle our girl here. You're an Umbral Dragon, yes? My father was a Red. We know you're tough as they come and we know your weaknesses. For instance..."

Dragon INFO:

Huge CE Adult Umbral Dragon
AC: Very Good (can be magically augmented)
Touch AC: Low
HP: High
CMB/CMD: Good
Saves: All Good - Reflex is Lowest, Fort is Highest
Defenses:
  • DR: 5/Magic (you beat it)
  • SR:25
  • Immune to Cold, Death Effects, Energy Drain, Paralysis, Sleep
  • Defensive Spell-Like abilities - Shadow Walk, Darkness
  • Defensive Spells up to 3rd level

Offenses:

  • Multiple Attacks - Bite, Claws, Wings, Tail
  • Multiple Combat Feats
  • Breath Weapon #1 - STR Drain and Blindness (50' cone) 3xDay, must go 4 rnds between blasts
  • Breath Weapon #2 - negative energy Damage (50' cone) must go 4 rnds between blasts
  • Offensive Spell-Like abilities - Vampiric Touch
  • Offensive Spells up to 3rd level
  • Crush on Small or smaller opponents
  • All attacks are Ghost-Touched
  • 15' reach on Bite, all others have 10' reach
  • Frightful Presence can be turned on at will

The Umbral Dragon is a ruthless, thoroughly evil predator that has a dual existence on both the Shadow and Material planes. It prefers to dine on the undead - particularly incorporeal undead, but it won't turn down living flesh.

"...But I'm not here to discuss Draconic lore or your gastronomic choices, interesting as they are. You've got something we need - a shell made of Corborundrum. We're happy to take it, recompense you well for it, and leave without bloodshed... out of respect for our 'family connection' you might say. So, I'll give you one chance to make a deal. If not, well..." He pulls a scroll from his pouch and taps it. "I'll cook your shadow-loving ass with this."

Bluffing a Dragon is a fool's game but there is just enough precise truth in Straehan's words that the Dragon can't discount everything the gnome says. Somewhere among the bluster, there are elements of truth. Nevertheless, she laughs at the 'offer'. The gnome pulls open the scroll and intones the spell...

The ground beneath the Dragon instantly transforms into a sticky, burning, tar-pit. The Dragon hisses as its flesh cooks. It launches itself into the air, pulling free of the clinging tar which still burns the creature's skin... and will continue to burn until the beast scrapes it off.

The gnome continues to poke the scalded creature, "I said you'd cook. Better wipe that stuff off unless you like smelling your own charring flesh. It doesn't look like its going to stop burning for awhile. Why don't you just accept our deal, Princess? It'll save you more pain."

I hope that is enough of a distraction

FREE: ID the baddie
FREE: Extend Claws
MOVE: Q97
SWIFT: Pull Scroll
STAND: Cast Tar Pool

Next up... Jofram/Orin

MAP: Penumbra

Rolls:
Knowledge: Arcana 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 used my Take:20 on the Wraith - so we gotta go for the field goal... score!

Strae Bluff 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31
Dragon SM 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (18) + 25 = 43

Cast Tarpool from Scroll DC: 12
Caster Level Check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
DAM: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 2, 6) = 17 + Reflex Save DC:20
Dragon Reflex Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

"Spread out? We make an easy target, clustered together like this...

Jofram shrugs off the pain and sends a flurry of arrows toward the reptilian menace, then looks for a more defensible position.

Mwhaaaa????:
Begin Inspire Courage +2
Attack (Arcane Strike, Deadly Aim, Point-Blank, MW Arrow, Rapid Shot, Manyshot, IC2):
1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 36 Crit? (x3)
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 18 - Max damage = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 16 - Max damage = 20
.
Attack (Arcane Strike, Deadly Aim, Point-Blank, MW Arrow, Rapid Shot, Manyshot, IC2):
1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 17
.
Attack (Arcane Strike, Deadly Aim, Point-Blank, MW Arrow, Rapid Shot, Manyshot, IC2):
1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 17
.
Crit Confirm (Arcane Strike, Deadly Aim, Point-Blank, MW Arrow, Rapid Shot, Manyshot, IC2, Anatomist):
1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 15


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jofram, unless I'm mistaken, you're currently blind.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Oh yeah. I just checked the On-going effects, before I posted, but it wasn't listed. I remember now. Don't suppose I can do anything.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Speak, cast spells (with a chance of failure), draw items out, drink potions, move around (if slowly)... I think we still have options.


STONE-FACED KILLA

SR, Strae didn't indicate any knowledge of the dragon's senses. Do we know if it has blindsight or blindsense? It might help us formulate a strat.


DM

Yeah, Strae would have mentioned the following - grim as it is. The Dragon has:

Perception: +25
Normal vision - 2x normal
Darkvision 120 ft
Blindsense 60 ft.
Low Light Vision - 4x normal


The gauntlet whispers to Jofram.
:: I can help you destroy this creature ::


DM

Here is a reference for your limitations while blinded. Spell-wise, if you can't establish LOS (line of sight) you cannot cast at a target. However, I would think you can cast spells on yourself since you 'know' where you are.


I was typing up my turn and then I saw SR's post, which makes my turn illegal, hehe. Redoing...


Limited options run through Orin's mind as he struggles vainly to locate the dragon by sound. He frowns as he casts a spell, growing to enormous size.

Hmm, I guess I will 5 ft move to Q108--is that allowed if I hug the wall, even though I'm blind?

Swift: Arcane Armor Training

Full: Cast Enlarge Person on myself.


Hmm, actually the casting time is 1 round, as opposed to 1 full round. Anyway, here's the link:

Enlarge Person


DM

Orin, you can't cut a diagonal around a corner wall. You can however step forward 5' and then grow to capture the 108 row. Otherwise you are either casting the spell where you stand or taking 10' of movement to round the corner and still have a STAND action left. The casting time is 1 round as opposed to 1 standard action so I take that to mean it is a full action to cast. What do you want to do?


DM

Right, while we're waiting for Jofram and Orin to make some decisions and because I doubt the remaining team actions will conflict with either one... USHARI and JAYSE, you are UP.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse disrupts all of his teammates' attempts at casting spells by throwing a flurry of shuriken at them…

Jayse is forced to trust his friend's ability to keep the dragon distracted in the hopes that his blindness will pass. In the meantime, there was not much to do but prepare himself for the inevitable fight to come. Hanging effortlessly in the air, he draws on the power of his black stone, melting from view. Once invisible, he draws out one of the vials given him by Isolde.

FREE: blink ineffectually
STANDARD: Activate Vanish through stone
MOVE: Pull out Potion of Rage

Status:
HP 70/70
AC 24 • Touch 22/18 (first number is against incorporeals) • FF 21
CMD 28 • FF 25 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +11 Reflex +11 Will +13
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield, Heroism (70 min), Shield Other (3h), Dragon Style, Fly, Blind, -6 to STR score, Vanish (1 of 7 res)


DM

Jayse vanishes from sight... not that most of our heroes notice it.

I couldn't resist.


Ushari resists the urge to panic as her sight is obscured. Relying on her other senses she hears the dragon land nearby.

I need to buy some time here...maybe I can appeal to her pride here...I know Strae's ego can be hard to handle, maybe this dragon's ego can also be massaged.

She first chants a spell, bolstering her charms then calls out in a quavering voice (trying to fake it...somewhat). "We really do have no quarrel with you, you are quite magnificent creature...my Queen."

STAND: Cast Divine Favor on herself.
MOVE: Bluff check (to fake her fawning attitude, trying to keep her distracted. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Sorry, always forget that rule. Ok, 5 ft forward and then cast the spell.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead
stormraven wrote:
Right, while we're waiting for Jofram and Orin to make some decisions and because I doubt the remaining team actions will conflict with either one... USHARI and JAYSE, you are UP.

Oh, I get a redo?

Lost in the blackness, Jofram mutters a spellweaving, and vanishes in a blink. Flinching at the disembodied voice of the gauntlet in the dark, he finally relents.

Fine, what other choice have I? I just hope this thing doesn't try to possess me...

Cast Vanish
Move to R.109
Target Enemies = Dragon


DM

Normally, you can't move more than half your base move while blinded without a DC:10 Acrobatics rolls. Given you can't fail that roll with your Acro score, we'll waive it. And since you move before Orin, you don't bounce off him since he isn't in your path during the move.

Jofram and Orin stumble forward and left. The witch's rapid spurt of growth nearly body checks the ranger unawares. Jofram quickly vanishes from sight.


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
"We really do have no quarrel with you, you are quite magnificent creature...my Queen."

The Dragon, tail lashing at the tar that still burns its skin, chuckles. "Such flattery... I like you. I'll kill you last and make it painless."

Dragon SM v DC18 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37

DRAGON... Rising!


Villainous Beast wrote:

The Dragon, tail lashing at the tar that still burns its skin, chuckles. "Such flattery... I like you. I'll kill you last and make it painless."

Ushari pales, "You are...too kind...


The Dragon leaps free of the burning tar, its wingbeats blowing the wretched smoke into the faces of the blind party. With a few flaps, it escapes the bubbling ooze and slams down onto the tile floor. It's long neck stretches around the pillar and its implacable eyes survey the dark corners, looking for its prey. She whispers, "Come out, come out, little dragon! Time see how much of your father's line is in your veins... THERE you are!"

Faster than lightning, the sinuous neck whips the fanged skull forward at the sorcerer pressed against the far wall. With a deft snap, the jaws crush the mystic shield, puncture the eldritch armor, and crunch Straehan's bones.

Round: 5

ORDER: Straehan, Jofram, Orin, Ushari, Jayse, Duh-duh-DRAGON!

MAP: Penumbra

Ja's HPs: 70|70 - STR: 16/22 | CON: 14/14
Jo's HPs: 51|79 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 7/14 - New Max HP: 51
Ov's HPs: 70|72 - STR: 10/16 | CON: 14/14
Uv's HPs: 38|52 - STR: 7/13 | CON: 9/13 - New Max HP: 38
St's HPs: 18|60 - STR: 6/10 | CON: 11/14 - New Max HP: 46

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Jayse - Heroism - +2 morale ATT, Saves, Skills - 70 mins
Jayse - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistence saves - Orin takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jayse - Mage Armor
Jayse - Fly - 7 mins
Jayse - Vanish

Jofram - Shield Other - +1 deflection AC, +1 resistence saves - Ushari takes 1/2 DAM - 3 hr
Jofram - Resistance - +1 on saves - 5 of 10 rnds
Jofram - Vanish

Orin - See Invisible
Orin - Mage Armor
Orin - Levitate - 7 min

Ushari - Archon's Aura - 7 min link Will DC:18 - when w/i 20'.
Ushari - Magic Circle v Evil - 70 min link - +2 Deflection AC, +2 Saves to anyone within 10' of her.
Ushari - Mirror Images (3) - 3 min
Ushari - Divine Favor

Strae - See Invisible
Strae - Mage Armor

Bad Guys
Dragon - ???
Dragon - Breath rnd 1
Tar Pool 2 of 11 rnds - 2d6

logic:
The dragon doesn't know how long the blindness will last but will assume the average amount (2 to 3 rounds) so it has (by its accounting) at least another round or two to polish off the blind guys. In the meantime, the only obvious threat is the gnome who has also pissed it off by casting a damaging and entangling spell. The tar-pit, which she wants to get free off, also restricts her choices of landing spots. If she leaps forward, she has no choice but to get close enough that the monk could close with her in a 5' move. Also he's invisible... and while she knows where he is through blindsense, she really doesn't know what he is doing... can't detect him pulling a bottle by scent. So that begs caution. The same is true for the vanished ranger and the now large witch... all unknowns in terms of actions and possible threats, particularly the large witch who now has a ranged reach. Moreover, she needs a full round undisturbed to get that tar off which is cooking her body. So distance from the main party is a good thing and the tar pit can provide a barrier of some sort for some of the attackers. Therefore...

BOOM:
What to DO? 1d100 ⇒ 54
1-84 - go cautious and finish the gnome <-- winner
85-89 - go more bold and finish the gnome
90-95 - go more bold and attack the monk
96-100 - go after the ranger/witch

Tar DAM: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9
Tar Reflex Save v DC20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Bite (19+) v STRAE AC:25
Mods: Improved Vital Strike
HIT: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28 DAM: 6d8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 7, 2, 2, 1, 3) + 12 = 28


Straehan wipes the blood from his mouth and counts himself lucky that the dragon's blow was blunted by his layers of mystic protection. Still... things weren't looking good. He gauges the distance to his allies and curses they aren't a hair closer to one another so he can Haste them all.

And until we are all in touch range, I can't Stoneskin us... which could be a life saver judging by the bite of this b#~@*!

Strae glances at the magical rod in his hand. Shame to die before I get a chance to use this... The gnome pulls out his best spell, the one with the most chance of breaking through the innate spell resistance of the black beast before him, gives a brief prayer to the fickle Gods that seem to govern his fate, clicks the button on the rod, and casts...

KWABOOOOM a massive, deafening, fireball explodes over the rear end of the Dragon, narrowly cutting through its innate defenses and crisping its flesh. No one can see it, but the gnome smiles through the blood smearing his face. Totally worth it.

OK, guys, your vision is BACK! Be mindful of your order and post actions. I've got an evening thing so I won't be posting again until late.

FREE: Talk & Pray
STAND: Cast Maximized Fireball (defensively)
FREE: 5' Move

Round: 5

ORDER: Straehan, Jofram, Orin, Ushari, Jayse, Duh-duh-DRAGON!

MAP: Penumbra

BOOM:
No chance of defensive casting failure - so no roll
Fireball (Spell Specialized)
RANGE: 400' + 40'/level ; 20' radius
MODS: Maximized
EFFECT: 60 + 10 = 70 Damage
CL: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 vs SR25
SAVE: Reflex v DC:21 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 for 1/2

6,701 to 6,750 of 7,012 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.