Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


6,101 to 6,150 of 7,012 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>

STONE-FACED KILLA

Will Save DC 16 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22; +2 if his Shaudran bonus applies.
Initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Status:
HP 70/70
AC 25 • Touch 19 • FF 22
CMD 32 • FF 29 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +8 Reflex +8 Will +10
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield


DM

The howl blasts down the corridor. The familiars quake and screech. Even Jofram, perhaps due to the strange amplification of the eldritch howl, claps hands over his ears and involuntarily takes a step back.

Filch scrambles out of Orin's pocket and leaps for freedom...

Filch, Vaelos, and Jofram are all Panicked for 4 rounds. Since the Mastiff is further down the corridor, the victims of the howl won't need to leave at a dead run - but they will (as they can) double-move back towards the Star Chamber. Naturally, those of you who act before them can do what you will or get off AoOs to trip up your comrades as allowable. Grappling/pinning your friends so they can't escape at all will trigger their flight/fight response and they will be required to attack you if you try to prevent their flight.
Note: Tripping them will not elicit the same response since it only slows them down.

Orin - AoO Trip on Filch, please, if that is still your intention.

Round: 1

ORDER: Orin, Ushari, Strae, Jofram, Mastiff, Jayse

MAP: Step Into the Black <-- The very last pic is our Rnd 1 map

Ja's HPs: 70|70
Jo's HPs: 79|79
Ov's HPs: 72|72
Uv's HPs: 52|52
St's HPs: 60|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Panicked - 1 of 4 rnds - Jofram, Vaelos, Filch
Bad Guys
none

DM Stuff:
Busy-bodies! Why are you looking in here? Mods deleted.
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 3


STONE-FACED KILLA

Lol. SHeesh. Somehow tripping your friends as they try to run for their lives doesn't seem all that friendly. :D


Ushari sees her chance to strike at the hound. Nimbly moving into the chamber, her rapier flashes as she darts in and strikes at the hound!

Spring Attack: move to G70 via H72;
Rapier attack 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Jayse wrote:
Lol. SHeesh. Somehow tripping your friends as they try to run for their lives doesn't seem all that friendly. :D

Friendly? No. But is it better to let them run away in blind terror and get ambushed by 5 shadows? ;-) I'm operating under the assumption that I don't know Jofram is panicked, so I'm going to subdue Filch this round (since he's running away from the safety of my pocket, I can assume he's affected). Once Jofram bolts, I'll track him down if I can.

AoO: Tripping Filch with hair, don't need a high roll, heroism, combat expertise 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38

Swift Action: Activate Kirin Style

Standard, grappling Filch with hair, he's prone, heroism, combat expertise1d20 + 24 ⇒ (7) + 24 = 31

Move Action, pinning Filch (greater grapple), he's prone and grappled, heroism1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27

Orin straightens up, anticipating danger, but not his familiar running for its life. The white hair lashes out instinctively, tripping up the weasel and stunning it for the briefest of moments before wrapping around and holding it tight.

The teacher tries to console his pet with soothing words in a strange tongue, but the creature struggles against its restraints.


I meant to use Combat expertise, but those numbers forgot to take into account the minus one to attack, so just disregard the combat expertise.


DM

As soon as Jofram starts to run, you will be aware that he is panicked. If you have an AoO left, you can attempt a trip.

Orin pins the struggling Filch who lashes out with tooth and fang at the entangling hair. Orin's words mean nothing to the manic weasel. Meanwhile, Ushari springs into the small domed room and drives the point of her rapier into the Mastiff's shoulder before back-flipping away from the snarling hound.

Given the multiple light sources hitting it, we'll say the Mastiff has less than full concealment so a 50/50 that someone without Darkvision can target it. Ushari hits.

Round: 1

ORDER: Orin, Ushari, Strae, Jofram, Mastiff, Jayse

MAP: Step Into the Black

Ja's HPs: 70|70
Jo's HPs: 79|79
Ov's HPs: 72|72
Uv's HPs: 52|52
St's HPs: 60|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Panicked - 1 of 4 rnds - Jofram, Vaelos, Filch
Bad Guys
none

DM Stuff:
Miss 51+ 1d100 ⇒ 18


Unfortunately I am "grappled" and can't make any AoO this round (even though I have a few left). As for Ushari, I'm pretty sure she drank my other potion of Darkvision back when I drank one. Not 100% sure, though. I'll check in the thread.


Ushari Velnokal wrote:

Ushari nods in thanks to Orin and downs the potion in one gulp. She then takes the Shield Other scroll and touches Jofram whilst casting it. "Sorry, Jofram. It's either you or Vaelos, he he." She then slips a hand into her pouch and takes the music box out. Activating Skitter, she places it on her shoulder.

"Say hi Skitter. OK I think we are ready. Let's get moving." She glances back at Straehan, a grin on her face. "Is that what they call a lunar eclipse?"

Yep, she did drink the potion of Darkvision. Here it is.


Thanks. BTW, I thought attacks with your hair left you un-grappled.

Straehan slides into the room and fires off a series of missiles that faultlessly strike the Mastiff. Nevertheless, the beast is still up.

Next UP... Jofram (unless you want me to bot your dash for safety)

MOVE: E70
STAND: Cast Magic Missile

Magic Missile
RANGE: 100' +10'/lv
EFFECT: Missile #1 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 DAM
Missile #2 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 DAM
Missile #3 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 DAM
Missile #4 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 DAM


If I hit for damage with my hair and then swift action grapple I don't count as grappled. I didn't want to hurt Filch, so I just grappled him straight up.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

I think I can do this first, but otherwise feel free to bot Jofram and Vaelos while we can't act. Gallant Inspiration - Will Save: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 4 = 16


DM

Unfortunately, Gallant Inspiration only lets you adjust either a failed attack roll or a skill roll - not a save.


DM

Jofram and Vaelos find an excellent reason to be elsewhere. They launch themselves back up the corridor and quickly vanish from sight.

Round: 1

ORDER: Orin, Ushari, Strae, Jofram, Mastiff, Jayse

MAP: Step Into the Black

Ja's HPs: 70|70
Jo's HPs: 79|79
Ov's HPs: 72|72
Uv's HPs: 52|52
St's HPs: 60|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Panicked - 1 of 4 rnds - Jofram, Vaelos, Filch
Bad Guys
none

DM Stuff:
nothing


The deeply wounded Shadow Mastiff lunges at the girl, attempting to sink his fangs into her leg and take her down. He gets a rapier pommel blow across the muzzle for his efforts.

Round: 1

ORDER: Orin, Ushari, Strae, Jofram, Mastiff, Jayse

MAP: Step Into the Black Updated

Ja's HPs: 70|70
Jo's HPs: 79|79
Ov's HPs: 72|72
Uv's HPs: 52|52
St's HPs: 60|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Panicked - 1 of 4 rnds - Jofram, Vaelos, Filch
Bad Guys
none

DM Stuff:
Mastiff #0 - USHARI AC:21
Bite ATT: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19 DAM: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 + Trip | Charge
Trip: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 DAM: Prone


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse curses as the team splits and heads in opposite directions. "Orin, can you go after Jofram? I'll make sure the mutt dies and we'll head back that way! Scream if you get attacked."

Without waiting, Jayse then turns and rushes into the room, hazarding the still-strange shift in gravity as he closes, blue blade flashing in a powerful two-handed slash.

SWIFT: Dragon Stance
MOVE: to G71
STD: 2-handed power-attacking, psychic-striking attack on the dog

Rolls:
2-handed Mindblade 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 16 - 2 = 28; PA
---> Damage 1d8 + 13 + 6 + 2d6 + 2d8 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 6 + (1, 1) + (7, 3) = 34.

Status:
HP 70/70
AC 25 • Touch 19 • FF 22
CMD 32 • FF 29 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +8 Reflex +8 Will +10
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield


DM

Jayse whirls into the room - a whipping coat and a flickering blue blade. The Mastiff doesn't even have time to yelp as the eldritch blade sheers the ferocious creature on the diagonal. Its uneven halves hit the floor like large slabs of bloody beef.

ROUND 2 coming up... >:D


STONE-FACED KILLA

"Not trying to complain, Ushari," Jayse exhales, "but maybe we could have attacked it from the doorway?" Jayse's blue eyes dart warily around the mysterious room... he clearly feels exposed, and doesn't like how the team is split.

His blade disappears and re-manifests in a blink, blood falling freely to the floor.


Hmm. I was going to hogtie Filch with some rope, then go after Jofram next round. I suppose instead I could release the grapple and double move over next to Jofram and trip him when he moves away.


Ushari fingers the edge of her rapier and glances at the mastiff corpse at her feet. "Sorry, Jayse. I think I let my emotions get the better of me there. That hound alerted every creature in this place, so we had better regroup."


A part of it had been mortal once... but that was a very long time ago, and no hint of human sympathy remained within it now. So it watched the demise of its lure/pet with the detachment of a sociopath. The mastiff had served its purpose, drawing in the hapless prey.

Wrapped in a gloom it had woven strand by strand around itself, like a web of living darkness impervious to any mortal vision, it lurked like a spider - lingering above the doorway - watching the spectacle. It had taken restraint not to wrap icy claws around the girl and the gnome as they rushed by... but patience was a virtue that often paid off. The creature of darkness and blank despair eye'd its helper sending a terse telepathic command.

: Take them now :

Jayse looks around the silent room. His darkvision poring over every surface detail, save a sizable area of inkiness just above the doorway's arch. He can't actually make out the details of the dome there. It's almost like his vision is blocked...

Then two black shadows - one man-sized and the other hulking and ominous - flow like an ill wind from the deep darkness. He only sees a brief flash of red eyes, steely claws, long fangs, and the silhouette of bat-wings. There are no bodies, just shadows. The creatures rocket and zig-zag along the dome - passing from fitful shadow to frightful shadow... til they hang over the comrades. The next moment is a blur of fangs and claws. Orin listens to the scuffling of Filch against his hair and Jofram's retreating footfalls. He frets over what to do next... that's when the screaming starts.

Ushari is fast. Jofram is very fast... but these things move with a speed that is fit for nightmares. And where they land the nightmare image is burst by very real claws and teeth. Jayse ducks a bite aimed to sever his head as Ushari gasps as a set of razored claws tear across her back only to feel the wound numbed and yet worsened by the grave-like cold accompanying it.

Despite her pain and the threat looming over their heads, both the monk's and cleric's attentions are drawn to the gnome's cries. The vast beast hovering over him tears through the sorcerer's mystical shielding as if it doesn't exist. Cowering, Straehan tries futilely to avoid the blows. But claws shred and teeth catch relentlessly. It's like watching a mountain lion toy with a mouse. Strae hits the wall - barely conscious - rimed in a layer of frost and shivering uncontrollably.

Round: 2

ORDER: ???, Orin, Ushari, Strae, Jofram (bot), Jayse

Orin - you can't see the baddies from your current position - just a FYI.

MAP: Step Into the Black Updated

Ja's HPs: 70|70
Jo's HPs: 79|79
Ov's HPs: 72|72
Uv's HPs: 38|52
St's HPs: 5|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Panicked - 2 of 4 rnds - Jofram, Vaelos, Filch
Bad Guys
none

BOOM:
Big Bad v STRAE AC:23 - charge (Pounce Full Attack)
Bite HIT: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 2 = 34 DAM: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 = 16 + 1d6 ⇒ 6 Cold
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 18 + 2 = 36 DAM: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 + 1d6 ⇒ 5 Cold
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 18 + 2 = 37 DAM: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 + 1d6 ⇒ 2 Cold

Little Bad v JAYSE AC:25 / USHARI AC:21 - charge (Pounce Full Attack)
Bite HIT: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 19 DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 + 1d6 ⇒ 2 Cold Ja Flank
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 2 = 31 DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 + 1d6 ⇒ 6 Cold Uv
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16 DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 Cold Uv


Orin grapples with the hysterical familiar as Jofram speeeds off into the darkness. He hears the death cry of the shadow-beast and breathes a sigh of short-lived relief as he hears the sounds struggle from his friends' position.

Go ahead, hide somewhere safe, I'll find you, he whispers to Filch as the constricting white hair goes limp.

He moves forward with a cautious gait, appraising the situation and seeing a clawed horror standing over Straehan. His eyes narrow, and a tendril of the white hair extends outward, slashing and pulling at the dark foe.

Free: Release Grapple
Move: to C70
Swift: Use Kirin Style to identify this creature, DC: 15+creature's CR. Knowledge Dungeoneering? If successful, +2 dodge vs its AoOs and +2 saves vs its attacks 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
Standard: Hair attack for damage on Big Dude, heroism, Combat Expertise for real this time, hehe 1d20 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 3 + 1 = 13

Now I'm realizing that I don't have a swift left to grapple. Doh! Maybe I can pull aggro and survive, hehe.


Knowledge Planes 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


I put Dungeoneering, but I have all of the knowledge skills the same, so please apply my roll to whatever creature type this thing is. Of course, if it's Knowledge (Local) I get one higher, but methinks this isn't a giant or humanoid, hehe.


DM

Hmmm... interesting situation since the rules say CR which varies between these creatures despite them being of the same race. Your '26' falls short of the big baddie but would give you insight into the smaller of the two. So, I'll let the knowledge check work for both of them - with some differences - bu the Kirin bonus only applies to the smaller guy.
FWIW - I didn't choose Villanous Outsider as his avatar without reason. K: Planes is the proper roll.

Orin's hair lashes out like a viper striking at the shadowy heart of the creature.

Orin Only:
These are both Shadow Demons and the smaller one appears to fit the information you know of this race. The larger one, well, you've never even heard of one of these creatures growing so large. Any thoughts on its abilities would be pure speculation. Here is what you do know of the smaller variety:

Shadow Demon
Born of particularly evil and envious souls. Shadow Demons are about the only incorporeal demons in existence and are largely responsible for most cases of true possessions as they can Magic Jar.

CE outsider
AC: Low
HP: Good
Best Save: Reflex
Worst Save: Fortitude
Defenses: Very Good
Incorporeal, DR 10/good or cold iron (your +3 weapons beat that), Immune to cold, critical hits, electricity, poison, and precision damage. Resist 10 to Acid, Cold, Fire; and resistant to magic (SR 17)

Fast and highly mobile, their only great weakness is bright light or sunlight. In that, they are powerless.

They have a number of spell-like abilities including Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Evocation, and creating Deeper Darkness.

Ushari - you are up. Your memory isn't jogged by the sight of these creatures.


Orin pales at the realization of the foes before them.

No, impossible. It couldn't be that big...Ushari, those are shadow demons, though that one is unlike anything I've even read about. They can possess corporeal hosts--can you protect us with a magic circle spell? Cold, fire, just about every type of spell is ineffective. We need to get back to Jofram now--sunlight is our best weapon against them.


Ushari is not sure what to make of these creatures. However, one thing is clear: Straehan would not survive to brag about defeating whatever the creatures are without her help...

Orin's words strike her like a blow...Shadow Demons! We are in serious trouble here...Naladoria may need to find some other heroes, I fear...

"I hope you are right about this Orin!"She steps next to Straehan and calls on her deity's power, casting a spell to ward off the demon's touch (hopefully).

FREE: 5'step to F70
STANDARD: Cast Magic Circle of Evil on herself (or Straehan if not possible).
Concentration 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


DM

I'm assuming you are attempting to cast defensively. If so the DC for getting off Magic Circle is 21. Sorry.

The close presence of the demons and the eldritch nature of the cube begins to rattle Ushari's nerves as she attempts to cast her spell. She makes a small mistake and breaks the circle of silver as she pours it - ruining the spell.

Next Up... Straehan & Jayse


The gnome doesn't hesitate. Despite shaking from cold, he casts a spell expertly while avoiding the grasping claws of the demon and vanishes from sight. He calls out from the relative safety of the brightly lit corridor, "I'm down the hall, right-side."

STAND: Cast Vanish defensively
FREE: Trigger Ring
MOVE: Slink away
SWIFT: Pull potion of Cure Serious Wounds (using In the Bag)

Cast Defensively v DC:17 - auto success (+22)
Stealth 1d20 + 9 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 20 = 44
Big SD Perception 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (11) + 26 = 37


DM

Jofram, Vaelos, and Filch continue their individual flights to safety.

Next Up... Jayse


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse responds to the ambush with ferocity, blue blade lashing out in four graceful arcs -- all aimed at anything Jayse could consider to be vital to the shadow creature.

"Don't let them single you out!" he shouts as he steps into the spot vacated by Ushari, hoping to deny the shadows a flank on himself. As he fights, he yells defiance, "SHADOW! TEST YOURSELF AGAINST A CHALLENGER WHO KNOWS YOUR PRESENCE, COWARD!"

R2
FREE: 5' step to G70.
SWIFT: Ki for extra attack in a flurry.
FULL: Power Attacking Flurry on the big guy. If he drops (a guy can hope), shift the attacks to the little guy.

rolls:
Ki Mindblade 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 2 = 18
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 + (5, 5) = 30; power attack, Flaming, Shocking.
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 2 = 30 <--- CRIT?]
---> Damage 8 + 10 + 4 + 6 + 6 = 34; power attack, Flaming, Shocking.
---> CRIT CONFIRM 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 2 + 1 = 31; trait
---> Total Damage 34 + 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 1d10 ⇒ 34 + (3) + 10 + 4 + (5) = 56; Shocking Burst
---> Bleed Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5 (Can this guy bleed?)
---> Dragon Ferocity - Shaken for 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 rounds.
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 2 = 26
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 4 + (2) + (1) = 24; PA, Flaming, Shocking
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 + (2) + (2) = 24; PA, Flaming, Shocking

Status:
HP 70/70
AC 25 • Touch 19 • FF 22
CMD 32 • FF 29 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +8 Reflex +8 Will +10
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield

SR: By what Jayse has seen, is there any reason to believe these two are incorporeal? Or just shadow?


DM

Jayse lashes out at the massive shadow creature. It may be large and its charge may have left it temporarily vulnerable but it is still blindingly quick and evasive. Somehow it manages to dodge two of the monk's furious attacks. The other two blows drive deep into the phantasmal guts of the creature. And while Jayse's strikes are brutal, he notes with frustration that the electrical damage is merely absorbed by the beast and the flames lick across its body without effect.

But there is a wariness in the creature as it regards the monk that lets Jayse know his challenge and savage attack have given the beast a frisson of doubt (shaken) about this battle... even as a weird misty ichor continues to 'drip' from the creature before it floats off across the room. (bleed)

Answers to your questions:
You've run into enough incorporeal creatures in the last hour to be pretty sure this thing is partially one. It's claws and fangs are real but everything else is incorporeal. Having said that, and after reviewing a lot of info on bleeds, etc. It is subject to critical hits (with your ghost-touch weapons), is subject to bleed, and can be shaken.

Next Up... Round 3 Baddies


STONE-FACED KILLA

Oof... loss of elemental damage is painful, but hopefully Jayse got its attention.


Jayse wrote:
As he fights, he yells defiance, "SHADOW! TEST YOURSELF AGAINST A CHALLENGER WHO KNOWS YOUR PRESENCE, COWARD!"

The foul beast glares at the monk, his wounds stinging more than the human's words. But this upstart is clearly a great danger. He orders his minion with a thought even as his sibilant words invade the monk's mind.

:: Let's play, mortal. ::

Clearly, the fiends of the Abyss don't believe in a fair fight... because both Shadow Demons fall on the monk with Fang and Claw, tearing the flesh from his bones. Jayse manages to slap aside a fear-hesitant claw from the larger Demon while avoiding the fangs and a set of raking claws from the other. But, in the end, as the Demons shrink towards the ceiling they leave Jayse a bloody (but standing) mass of open wounds.

Round: 3

ORDER: Shadow Demons, Orin, Ushari, Strae, Jofram (bot), Jayse

MAP: Step Into the Black Updated

Ja's HPs: 23|70
Jo's HPs: 79|79
Ov's HPs: 72|72
Uv's HPs: 38|52
St's HPs: 5|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Panicked - 3 of 4 rnds - Jofram, Vaelos, Filch
Invisible - 2 of 5 rnds - Straehan

Bad Guys
Big SD - Shaken for 1 of 9 rnds
Big SD - Bleed 5 til healed

BOOM:
Big Bad v JAYSE AC:25 - Shaken
Bite HIT: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 18 - 2 = 32 DAM: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 4) + 8 = 18 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 Cold
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 18 - 2 = 33 DAM: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 Cold
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 18 - 2 = 24 DAM: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 + 1d6 ⇒ 2 Cold

Little Bad v JAYSE AC:25
Bite HIT: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 DAM: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 + 1d6 ⇒ 3 Cold
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 + 1d6 ⇒ 4 Cold
Claw HIT: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 + 1d6 ⇒ 6 Cold


I have an idea to get the little guy away from Jayse, so Ushari and Jayse can full attack unload on the big dude (I can sweep around and pull the little guy away, if needed), but first...

Strae, can you haste us? We need to take the big one down now!


STONE-FACED KILLA

"Focus the big guy!" Jayse gasps. "The little one is of little consequence!"


"Orin! Can you get to a flank position with me? I am pinned against the wall here!"


Yep, but if Strae's gonna haste I want that dodge bonus to haste before I move, hehe.


DM

I'll assume you guys are going to delay until after Strae then...


stormraven wrote:
I'll assume you guys are going to delay until after Strae then...

Sounds good. Then Jayse can unload on this dude and we can see if it's still standing.


Orin, not to rain on your parade, but I don't believe you can grapple incorporeal opponents... unless I'm mis-remembering.

Straehan limps forward until he has the entire team in sight. He drinks the potion in hand and begins working a spell... that speeds up the entire team. He observes the battle angrily, particularly the way the Demon shrugs off Jayse's elemental attacks. He puts his considerable memory to work on the problem.

His disembodied voice sounds from the corridor. "Make it count - I'm running low of high level magics. As for this beast...", the gnome quickly sketches out its strengths and weaknesses.

Shadow Demon Primer:
Big Demon Stats differences noted in italics
Born of particularly evil and envious souls. Shadow Demons are about the only incorporeal demons in existence and are largely responsible for most cases of true possessions as they can Magic Jar.

CE outsider
AC: Low / Good
HP: Good / Very Good
Best Save: Reflex - High
Worst Save: Fortitude - Pretty High even if technically lowest
Defenses: Very Good
Incorporeal, DR 10/good or cold iron (your +3 weapons beat that), Immune to cold, critical hits (save Ghost Touched weapons), electricity, poison, and precision damage (save Ghost Touched). Resist 10 to Acid, Cold, Fire; and resistant to magic (SR 17)

Fast and highly mobile, their only great weakness is bright light or sunlight. In that, they are powerless.

They have a number of spell-like abilities including Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Evocation, and creating Deeper Darkness.

FREE: 5' Move closer
MOVE: Slug Potion (Orin we are playing that drinking a potion can be a Stand or Move action)
STAND: Cast Haste
FREE: Know:Planes roll & chat

Round: 3

ORDER: Shadow Demons, Strae, Orin, Ushari, Jofram (bot), Jayse

MAP: Step Into the Black

[ooc]Ja's HPs: 23|70
Jo's HPs: 79|79
Ov's HPs: 72|72
Uv's HPs: 38|52
St's HPs: 30|60

On-Going Effects:
Good Guys
Panicked - 3 of 4 rnds - Jofram, Vaelos, Filch
Invisible - 2 of 5 rnds - Straehan
Haste - 1 of 7 rnds - Jayse, Orin, Ushari, Straehan

Bad Guys
Big SD - Shaken for 1 of 9 rnds
Big SD - Bleed 5 til healed

Rolls, Haste data, and sich...:
Cure Serious (Isolde special) 3d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) + 10 = 25 Heal

Haste
RANGE: 25' + 5'/ 2 level ; 1 creature/level ; No more than 30' apart
DURATION: 1 RND/Level
EFFECT:

  • +1 Attack on FULL ATTACK ACTION
  • +1 ATT Rolls
  • +1 Reflex Saves
  • +1 Dodge AC
  • +30' Move

Knowledge: Planes 20 + 12 = 32 LoreMaster - Take 20


STONE-FACED KILLA

Initiate Rocket Tag sequence in 3… 2… 1…

Even as the final blow of the paired shadows thunders across the Calm, Strae's magic dances in Jayse's blood. He whips into a series of answering strikes. High. Low. High. Mid. Each strike punctuated with a wordless cry of desperate effort.

Villainous outsider wrote:
:: Let's play, mortal. ::

Some part of Jayse -- a part tucked safely in the depths of his subconscious -- throws up its hands at Jayse's lack of care in the face of such a threat, but the intoxicating mix of adrenaline and competition has Jayse in its clutches as a grim smirk plays on his blood-smeared features, "I thought you'd never ask."

R3
FULL: Hasted, power-attacking flurry on the big guy. (if big guy drops, remaining strikes on little guy)
HERO POINT: go full defense as a STD action (boosting AC by 6). If the big guy drops, don't burn the Hero Point to go full defensive.

Rolls:
for the sake of simplicity, i'm removing elemental damage dice from the equation.
.
Mindblade (Haste) 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 33 <-- CRIT?
---> Damage 8 + 10 + 4 = 22
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 26; Trait
---> Total Damage 22 + 1d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ 22 + (4) + 10 + 4 = 40
---> Bleed (take highest of active bleeds) 1d6 ⇒ 3
---> Dragon Ferocity: Shaken for 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 rounds (take longest duration)
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 23
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 = 20
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 32 <--- CRIT?
---> Damage 8 + 10 + 4 = 22
---> Crit Confirm 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 29
---> Total Damage 22 + 1d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ 22 + (2) + 10 + 4 = 38
---> Bleed (take highest of active bleeds) 1d6 ⇒ 1
---> Dragon Ferocity: Shaken for 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 rounds (take longest duration)
.
Mindblade 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 11
---> Damage 1d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 4 = 16

Status:
HP 23/70
AC 32 • Touch 26 • FF 22
CMD 39 • FF 29 (+2 vs. Grapple/Trip)
Fort +8 Reflex +9 Will +10
--> +2 vs. Shaudran, Enchantments
--> +2 vs. Sleep, Paralysis, & Stunning (Dragon Style)
--> +1 trait vs. Arcane spells
Immune Diseases
.
Effects/Conditions: Mage Armor (7 hrs), Darkvision 60 (constant), Mindshield, Haste, Full Defense


Yep, can't grapple or trip, but I was going to use my pull ability to yoink him away. :-) Now I'm thinking of doing Ill omen or just a full defense. We'll see how Jayse does.

Jayse, strike him down!


Whoops! Ninjaed (Monked?) by Jayse. Stupid phone.


Jayse, again, becomes a whirling blade of doom - slashing off a fang with one blow and stabbing deeply into the smokey essence of the creature with another. In the midst of this assault, the vicious creature manages to slap aside two more of the monk's attacks. In the end... both man and Demon are still standing.

The creature snarls and its thoughts invade the minds of all present...

: You're strong. But you best pray your friends can finish me quickly. :

Next up... Orin & Ushari.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Orin, feel free to put the pedal to the metal here... not sure there'smuch tactical sense in a defensive move...


Orin, I agree with Jayse here. If we don't drop Venger's sidekick here this round, then at least one of us will be pushing up daisies here...BTW Ushari will delay until Orin moved to flank the demon.


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Orin, I agree with Jayse here. If we don't drop Venger's sidekick here this round, then at least one of us will be pushing up daisies here...BTW Ushari will delay until Orin moved to flank the demon.

The thing is, if I move to flank I can only make one attack. Is it better statistically for me to hit him? Here, I've got an idea...


Though the pace of the battle flies by, Orin's mind takes in all of the information, processing it, considering the probabilities of outcomes given his different possible decisions.

The situation is dire, but not lost. If everything falls into place...

He moves sideways, shadow-like himself, around to flank the overconfident creature, striking at its eyes before casting a spell on the smaller creature.

When you cast your lot with demon lords, you'll find that Fate wants no part of you, shadow-thing. Be cursed, and die here.

Move: Orin swings around to I73, provoking an AoO from the dude. My touch AC is 14 + 2(Kirin Style) + 2 (Combat Expertise) + 1 (Haste) + 4 (Mobility) = 23 Touch AC for the AoO

Standard (will provoke if this chump has combat reflexes): Dirty Trick Maneuver on big guy, "eye"-gouging him to blind him. 1d20 + 14 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 31

Swift: Arcane Armor Training

Standard (from Hero Point): Cast Ill Omen on Little Guy, Casting Defensively, Concentration Check 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Spell Resistance vs little Shadow1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Crap, I think that fails by one. :-(


Can I draw my bow?

6,101 to 6,150 of 7,012 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.