Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[SFS - PbP Gameday VI] S1-01 The Commencement

Game Master Kludde

Opening Crawl

Maps and Handouts


101 to 150 of 197 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Kappa moves over to try and block the three incoming thugs, and, as his energy continues to build, he swings at the red-thug.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 10 ft. reach ; +1 Insight Damage included from Photon mode ; 2nd round of attunment


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Eclipse grumbles as he moves in, and Kimaryn decides to open fire, hitting one of the thugs in the arm with a blast of laser fire. Draken is a bit more careful, trying to stun the thug, almost managing to do so.

Kappa swings at the closest thug, but his built-up energy has made him too slow.

---
Eclipse
Rhinn
Grinder

Kappa
Draken
Kima
---
Thug - Red(10)
Thug - Blue
Thug - Purple
---

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

I didn't actually hit the thug. The 23 was for the Computers check to succeed at my Trick Attack, but then I still have to hit them. Unless they have a EAC of 8, I missed :(

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

Rhinn moves up to the southern thug, holding a sword out at him. "Surrender and leave now. I don't want to have to use this on you."

Ready action to attack if he moves or fires.

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

Grinder moves as quickly as he can in his heavy shell and stabs forward with his big pike clasped in his mandibles.

The Pike of Common Sense: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

It is too late for surrender! Blights on this community must be burned lest they spread. Redemption comes through acts not words.


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Ok, thanks - I misread the computers check

Rhinn readies his sword to strike on of the thug, who looks to be switching to a baton.

Tactical, Rhinn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d6 ⇒ 3

@Rhinn: You can make an actack for your readied action. For a ready action like that, feel free to put an attack roll in a spoiler

The thug threatened by Grinder moves (That's a move action in Starfinder) a step back, and fires his gun at the large creature.

Pulsecaster, Grinder: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d4 ⇒ 4 Non-lethal

The last thug similarly steps back, and fires at Kappa

Pulsecaster, Kappa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d4 ⇒ 2 Non-lethal

---
Eclipse
Rhinn
Grinder
Kappa
Draken
Kima

---
Thug - Red(4)
Thug - Blue
Thug - Purple
---

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

Readied Action
longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 slashing

Seeing that the thug is going to force a fight and not just give up, Rhinn reluctantly swings his sword as the thug pulls a baton. He follows up with a second swing trying to finish the battle quickly now that it can no longer be avoided. "You really should have given up, now this might get ugly."

longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 slashing

Second Seekers

Male Human Envoy (Icon, Jetbike Racer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5 +D6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Seeing the Knights rush in to the fray, Draken decides their best course is to stay on the bridge and provide covering fire, which also meant that he wouldn't run the risk of serious injury. Taking aim at the same Corp thug as Grinder he lets off another charged shot from his atun pistol.

"I am sure one old lady is not worth this pain sirs! Please vacate!" he tries to reason.

static pistol vs red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 for Non lethal elec damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Kappa is hit in the thigh by the energy blast, and feels numbness in its bio-muscles.
So, Kappa jabs the pike at the (purple) Thug facing Rhinn.

Pike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 +10 ft. Reach
Ouch!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 +1 Insight Damage from Photon mode

Then Kappa moves into the park grounds, to threaten and block the other two thugs.

• I made a mistake in Attunement (the 1st round sees the Solarion choose to Attune or not and which mode. then you gain Attunement points on the next rounds, so I only move to 2 Attunement in this 3rd round) sorry
• just FYI readied actions are different than Pathfinder: you act after the triggering event, unless it is a totally defensive readied action

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

E-22 focuses in for a skilled shot at the red thug.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Pistol, Tactical: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Trick Shot Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

He-who-grinds-blades-to-dust is displeased with this development and shuffles forward before slamming his pike toward the pulsecaster wielder.

Tactical Pike: The Pike of Common Sense: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Rhinn slashes a corporate thug along the face, but fails to follow up. Draken shoots another paralyzing shot at Grinder's opponent. Kappa stabs the furthest thug, who slumps to the ground. When Grinder brings down the next thug, the last one decides to flee the scene.

Combat over!

Ceren is remarkably unperturbed by the tug attack, I'm sure that was just a glitch, she says, and I'm also confident that this disguise you made for me will work in avoiding future trouble. Thank you so much for coming to my aid!

Soon after, a holo-message form Historia-7 appears. Great job in securing a new identity for my contact, she says, adding in a quip I only have to fix some of your work. That wig... she snigger.

Not much later, a robo-courier greets the party and deliver a small package: a credit stick containing 200 credits and a frostbite class zero-rifle, along with a note that reads A token of my gratitude, -7

Which leader do you want to visit next?

Second Seekers

Male Human Envoy (Icon, Jetbike Racer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5 +D6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Smiling as the old woman fades away into obscurity, Draken sighs in relief at a task well done. Suggesting they go to a cafe to calm down before pressing on, the Racer is enjoying an Iced fruit smoothie as they are approached by Historia's representative.

"Well friends, we have a job well done at last! That was edgy for a while though." he laughs as he brings up their data from Guidance. "We have Fitch, Zigivigix and Rdaszam next up. I have no real preference though..."

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Happy that his mission was accomplished, Kappa simply votes to go see whoever is closest... but will follow the group's choice.
"Nice energy gun. One of you should take it...".

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

Kappa, you do get Attunement on the first round.

Kimaryn shrugs. "I don't know, not sure what sort of stuff the rest of the leaders will want done. Is anyone else close, I think the Acquisitives are based out in the Armada."

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

Kimaryn floats one of the thugs' pistols to her and pulls out its battery. She then checks her datapad, "Oh, the Wayfinders are based in the Armada, not the Acquisitives. Why don't we just visit Radaszam to see what the Acquisitives want?"

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

"Acquisitives is fine, let's get this mission knocked out. Save those pesky Wayfinders for last." E-22 says agreeing with Kimaryn while reloading his weapon.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

"I will be honored to meet my faction leader!".


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

The plain white doors of the office slide open to reveal a stark, dimly lit room. The chamber is bleak and expressionless in its emptiness—no vanities line its smooth black walls, and no signs of use mar its smooth black furniture. The only occupants of the suite are a bug-eyed tadpole wriggling in a glowing blue aquarium and a reptilian vesk seated behind an onyx desk. The vesk gestures to a number of chairs in front of him, his features sharply illuminated by the light of his desk’s green holoscreen. “The new graduates,” he greets, in a low and pleasant voice. “Good day. I am Radaszam, though since you are here, I should hope you already knew

“I trust you are aware of our Society’s traditions, so I will cut to the point. I have a minor situation that needs resolution. One of our members, a human named Laboni, had a rather public altercation with a junk scavenger from the Spike. You might be more familiar with the scavenger than I, actually; he is a ysoki who fancifully calls himself Ratrod. I am told he runs a popular racing competition that has, hmm, several hundreds of thousands of viewers on the station’s infosphere.

For some reason, Laboni felt the need to tell him that any ‘real’ mechanic could easily beat the garbage that Ratrod and his associates slap together. Now that Ratrod has issued an infosphere-wide demand that she race him and prove it, Laboni doubts she can back that claim up.

“Embarrassing, isn’t it? Not really the sort of troublemaker that suits our Society. Perhaps she would be better suited to the bottom of a trash compactor... Well, we cannot afford to throw her out, not after so many Starfinders were lost in the Scoured Stars. Besides, we can’t let people think we are so weak that we can’t control our own members, or that we cannot stand up to a scrapyard junker. No, I would like you to assist Laboni in winning this race. Show our detractors that even the least of our Society is not someone to be trifled with.”

He proceeds to give directions and hands out a number of badges These will mark you as Laboni's official pit crew.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Pangea-Kappa bows deep to the leader of its faction...

...but at the end Kappa wonders why, while devoting a life to harnessing the powers of the Universe, the flux and the reflux, the solar and darkness, it is sent to be part of a pit crew.

Oh well...

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

Kimaryn grins and looks at Draken. "Sounds like a job for you. You gotta know who these guys are, right?" She shrugs and snaps a few pics of the group. "Say cheese, Radaszam!"

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

"I'm glad we have someone along who knows about racing. Outside of what station it's being broadcast on, I'm afraid I don't know much about junk racing."

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

The giant spider creature simply klaks his mandibles together, realizing once more that he has little to no expertise in this area.

Junk Racing huh. Ssseems. Okay at least.

He resolves to lift anything heavy that needs lifted to assist the team at least.

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

"Never thought I would be happy to have a racer on my crew but here I am!" E-22 laughs while putting his hand on Drakens shoulder before whispering, "You point me in the right direction and we can make sure she wins!"

After his whisper he adjusts himself and checks his toolkits to make sure everything is in it's right place.

"Radaszam, any rules to how we go about cleaning up Laboni's little mess?" he asks out of courtesy and wanting the job handled well.


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

The competition rules will be explained once you get there. As for other rules, please be mindful that the Society's reputation is precarious.

Ratrod’s racing circuit is a hollowed-out section of a mountain of spare parts in Botscrap, the track specifically sanctioned by the ysoki-dominated Salvage Union that controls most of the yards. Upon the group's arrival, a small robot scutters up and explains the basic rules:

Rule number 1: racers and their pit crews are to build and improve their vehicles from the available scrap around the racetrack. Rule numbers 2: vehicles built at previous junkraces can return. Rule number 3: racers can fire upon other competitors during the race. Rule number 4: firing into the audience is grounds for immediate disqualification. Rule number 5: racer weapons must be nonlethal and may affect only opponents’ vehicles.

Laboni is easy to find in the crowd due to her paisley clothes and bright white lab coat.

You can help Laboni the following ways:
- Improve Laboni’s Junkracer (Computers check)
- Investigating the Enemy (Sense Motive or Engineering)
- Sabotage (Stealth combined with engineering)
- Socializing

Laboni has a very simple racer, and it would be hard to imagine how she - inexperienced as she is - has a chance of winning. The vehicle does have remote controls (which means the party can pilot it and fire guns from afar)

There are five other pilots in the competition, and Laboni points them out: Lemgem, Nyizin, Orsis, Ratrod, and Velocity

Let's hear what each of you wants to do. We'll have multiple rounds of actions, but let's just hear the first one first

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Kappa thinks for a second or two, since it does not know a thing about computers or engineering, and has a very hard time reading sentients...

Not trained in Computers or Engineering, -1 Sense Motive and +1 Stealth... not super helpful

...so Kappa decides to go talk with the people, and socialize to the best of its abilities.
"Hello, racers!".

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

Disappointed to find that there was no real heavy lifting to be done the Haan stood sentry looking over the competition

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Kappa goes over to the Haan: "Let us stand sentry together! So... may I ask where you are from?".


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Kappa moves up to a blue-haired gnome covered in piercings, tattoos, and augmentations. Hi, my name is Lemgem. Careful, don't touch that cooling grid, I've just applied special paste. That converter is meant to run at 20 PSK, but I've managed to modify it to churn out 25! Pretty neat, huh? Most of the components here I managed to modify, faster, more durable, beyond the specced limit. Always looking to push the boundaries. I think I'll overclock the racer altogether. It's dangerous, but it just might give me the competitive edge!

The gnome is full of enthousiasm, but it doesn't take an experienced engineer to figure that the gnome's racer is dangerously unstable. Overclocking the machine may make it furiously fast, or turn it into a furious fireball.

If you want to encourage the gnome, roll a bluff check, if you want to make a deal with him to work together, a diplomacy check

The Haan stands sentry, and overlooks the racers. Apart from Lemgem the gnome, there's a scarred Ryphorian, a stoic Lashunta dressed in black and gold, an Ysoki with mottled gray-and-white fur (that must be Ratrod), and an Android with silver hair.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

"Danger? Without danger there is no glory. And victory favors the bold. Go, go, Lemgem! Make the machine better. If enough is enough, too much has to be better. Overclock it!".
Bluf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

"Tell me anything you know about the other android over there while I do some modifications to your systems." E-22 demands of Laboni while working on the racer.

Computer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

He opens up the BIOS giving him full access.

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

He-who-grinds-blades-to-dust keeps his eyes on the other racers.

Specifically he keys in on the Ryphorian.

not sure if i need to roll again

I hail from one of the gasss giants as your people would call them. One of the ones with all the barathu jellyfish people. We live a simple life - that I use a spear and some cable would send my broodmates into fits!

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

Rhinn goes to talk to other racers, due to his complete lack of technical skills. He starts at the first of the other racers, Lemgem.

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

Kimaryn walks around, taking pictures of the other racers and their rides, and chatting with anyone who pauses long enough to listen. "Hi Laboni! We didn't get much of an introduction, but I'm Kimaryn, yes, the Kimaryn from the Breaking Things vidcast. These junkracers are pretty nifty, I could spend weeks watching people build stuff outta junk. Anyways, I'm actually here cause Radaszam sent us to help out! What's the deal with the other racers?"

While telepathically blathering at Laboni, Kimaryn wanders over to the android competitor and tries to get an interview. "Hey, you wanna get on the infosphere? I've got a bunch of followers that would love to hear your thoughts on junkracer engineering!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Unless Profession (vidstreamer) would work, in which case Profession (vidstreamer): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Eclipse works hard on improving the floating piece of junk that Laboni put together, and some reprogramming of the steering logic already goes a long way. A lot more room for improvement, though.

Kima chats up the android with a vidcast interview. The android comments on his racer It's sturdy, but not the fastest around. I would certainly be in contention if I could find a way to speed up my racer.

Blade-grinder gets a better feel of who the Ryphorian is. She looks to be a racer with a death-wish, and the racer itself is outfitted to match that wish: it can momentarily go at incredible speeds, only to leave it a defenseless sitting duck short after. She might be convinced to reveal her secrets to overloading an engine, though, if you can make the right connect. Which would be a culture check

Rhinn moves over to join Kappa at talking to Lemgem and finds he might also be open to an alliance (Diplomacy check), though how much use that is with a racer that is bound to blow up is anyone's guess.

You can make an alliance with the android if you manage to speed up his racer: DC 16 Computers, Engineering, Perception, or Physical Science check

Eclipse, pick one of the improvements below::

• The vehicle’s base speed increases by 5 feet.
• The vehicle gains a +1 Piloting modifier.
• The vehicle gains a +1 attack modifier.
• The vehicle gains a +2 bonus to its EAC.
• The vehicle gains a +2 bonus to its KAC.
• The PCs install a basic energy weapon on the vehicle (imposes a –4 base Piloting penalty on a hit).
• The PCs install a basic kinetic weapon on the vehicle (imposes a –4 base Piloting penalty on a hit).
• The PCs upgrade a weapon to impose an additional –2 penalty to enemy Piloting checks on a successful hit.

---
First action
---
Kima - Vidcast (Velocity the android, success pending)
Rhinn - Investigates Lemgem (Can make diplomacy check)
Blade-grinder - Figured something out about the Ryphorian
Eclipse - Enhancements (Choose a bonus)
Kappa - Socializing (Lemgem is overclocking)
---
Second action
----
Kima
Rhinn
Blade
Eclipse
Kappa

----


You can help Laboni the following ways:
- Improve Laboni’s Junkracer ( Computers, Engineering, Perception, or Physical Science check)
- Investigating the Enemy (Sense Motive or Engineering)
- Sabotage (Stealth combined with engineering)
- Socializing

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Kappa will go to see Ratrod, and see if it can talk with the Ysoki, and maybe shake it up a bit and have him doubt his abilities, or make him think Laboni is greater than she is: "I know that Laboni, man I hope you're up to the challenge, because I think she's playing stupid and wanting to look like a newbie, but wasn't the hot shot racer at the Junk Festival on Akiton? The triple winner?".
Bluff: 1d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Kappa does a nice job of rolling its eyes, and over-acting.

Liberty's Edge

Rhinn round 1 diplomacy, Lemgem: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Rhinn round 1 diplomacy, Nyizin: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Rhinn does his best to chat up the other racers. He figures at worst, he might waste some of their preparation time, and at best, he might pick up a bit of information off of one of them.

"Wow, these racers look far more complicated in person. How do you actually manage to maintain these? Isn't it expensive? Do you do the work yourself? Do all racers build the same way?"

He will play up how naïve he is about how all of this works, and just pepper them with inane questions.

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

E-22 tunes the speed dampener allowing a faster speed to be achieved.

+5 Base Speed. Can you stack improvements or can you get a different one per success?

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

Untrained Culture Check: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Grinder shrugs and looks over to the android racer and sizes him up.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

Stepping away Labonis racer momentarily he sneaks over to Ratrods while Kappa...talks to him.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

After making sure everyone is busy with their own business he quickly works on junking up some of the components.

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Ratrod flippantly answers to Kappa Nope. Was me. before continuing tinkering on his racer.

Talking to Rhinn, Lemgem seems to have some information for the party Ratrod has a special ability: if you use an energy attack against him, he can use it increase his piloting capability. It's as if it doesn't hinder him at all! Lemgem furthermore agrees to help the party, willing to take second place and hinder anyone ahead of her. Might want to warn her about that overclocked engine

Rhinn then goes ahead and talks to the Ryphorian, who shows the black-market mods made of dragon bone and elemental energies, which power her vehicle. She doesn't reveal much, though. You can also make a culture check

@Eclipse: the bonuses stack

@Kima: You can make an alliance with the android if you manage to speed up his racer: DC 16 Computers, Engineering, Perception, or Physical Science check

Blade-to-dust checks up on the android, but the silver-skinned android is unreadable.

Eclipse can't stand tinkering on Laboni's racer, and plans to move straight to ratrod's racer. He rocks some crystals and pries a ball bearing clear, while Ratrod sits back, and will later wonder why his machine is such a thorn in his side. Eclipse performs a successful sabotage.
If JJ can use it, why can't I?
Choose between -4 to piloting, -4 to ranged attack or -10 to speed

---
Racer:
+5 base speed
---
Lemgem: Overclocked, allied
Nyizin: ?
Ratrod: Sabotage'd
---
First action
---
Kima - Vidcast (Velocity the android, success pending)
Rhinn - Alliance with Lemgem
Blade-grinder - Figured something out about the Ryphorian
Eclipse - Enhancements
Kappa - Socializing (Lemgem is overclocking)
---
Second action
----
Kima
Rhinn - Talks to Nyizin Success pending
Blade - Doesn't learn much
Eclipse - Sabotage!
Kappa - Bluff fail
----
Third Action
---
Kima
Rhinn
Blade
Eclipse
Kappa

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Shuffling its feet and grumbling about cocky Ysoki, Kappa returns to see Laboni... the android looks around to see if it finds anything lying around that might be added to the carburetors, to speed the racer up.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6
But Kappa just ends up kicking some old cans...

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

Kimaryn plugs her datapad into Velocity's racer and pulls up the engine controls. "Oh hey, if we adjust the timing on these circuits and swap some of these capacitors around, I think you could get an noticeable acceleration increase!"

Computers, DC 16: 10 + 11 = 21

After chatting bit more with Velocity, she wanders around and finds He-Who-Grinds-Blades-To-Dust talking to the rhyphorian racer. "Ooo, did you make your engine out of dragon bones? That's kinda crazy! Where'd you find out that trick?"

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

not discouraged by his inability to read a robot and seeing Kimaryan has things well in hand with the rhyporian he moves along and looks over the Ratrod.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

-10 to speed for the little Rat

After helping Ratrod with his upgrades he heads back to Laboni and with a wink says, "Things might be starting to look up for you...let me get back to work on this thing," while chuckling.

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Having learned some tricks from Ratrods rig he gets to work on Labonis hardware.

If he wants to play hardball...we can play hardball.

Kinetic Weapon

"This should blow the competition away."

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

To Lemgem "Wow, wasn't expecting that, but I really appreciate the help. You might want to watch out for the overclocking."

------------
Round 2
Culture,untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 16

------------
Round 3
Report back to Eclipse-22, "Ratrod has some kind of reflective shield that sends laser shots at others. Do we have projectile weapons to fire at him? Lemgem is willing to help us, and even through the race and try to take 2nd. How can we use that?"

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

E-22 waves a wrench around when he hears Rhinn give him the news. "Talk about good timing, if I can get it to work this baby will do the trick!" he exclaims before getting back to work on mounting the weapon.


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Will update later, but you all basically have another action to perform after the third. Just see what you want to do and I'll resolve everything later

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Kicking the old cans and such, Kappa suddenly sees a nice pipe.
The android picks it up, and looks at it: "Would this help the exhaust?".
If it fits the racer, Kappa will try to bolt it in and bypass the gas backing up.
If 18 makes it, then add +5 to Speed

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Finally Grinder will go ahead and view the one they call Velocity and try to get a sense of what his deal is.

101 to 150 of 197 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS - PbP Gameday VI] S1-01 The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.