Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[SFS - PbP Gameday VI] S1-01 The Commencement

Game Master Kludde

Opening Crawl

Maps and Handouts


1 to 50 of 200 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Welcome everybody. Please take a moment to add your avatar to the first slide under this link, and add your SFS details and initiative modifier to the table/text both for easy reference.

(Please note that the discussion thread is shared between games, so please don't post anything there that may spoiler for other players in other game.)

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

"Greetings from Pangea-Kappa".
101218-707

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

An android slides into the room quietly and checks his gear while waiting for the others to file in. He is a male model with ashen skin and cerulean circuit lines running symmetrically along his temples. His dark clothing helps him blend into the background but upon closer inspection you can see an abundance of pockets filled with various tools and a bag on his back packed pretty tightly.

"Yo, Eclipse-22 is the handle but you can shorten it to whatever gets the job done!" he finally speaks up. Eclipse looks the others over trying to gauge what they are capable of.

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

"Rhinn Kantaria, holy crusader of Iomedae, and future knight of the Knights of Golarian." The male human soldier wears obviously well-used, but highly polished ceremonial armor, and proudly shows off the symbol of the sword and starburst on it's shoulder plate to any who seem to take notice. His longsword at his belt and his rifle slung over his shoulder also seem to be well used, but the young man inside the armor seems to project an aura of confidence and bravery, but that seems to be a thin veneer covering up the fact that he's fresh, naïve, nervous, and untested.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

"Greetings Eclipse-22, and well met Knight Kantaria, I am Prototype Android & Nanite Genesis Enterprise - Akiton PANGEA Kappa model serial #101218-707, but most call me Kappa".
Flicking its fingers over its comm' unit, Kappa sends a VR page to Eclipse and Rhinn - and will do the same for his other companions to be: PANGEA.
Kappa has a Tactical Pike in hand, and, beside his head, there is a fist sized mote of Dark Energy (Black Hole-like) bobbing up and down in midair, while a aeon stone circles around.

Kappa is an Icon, a Preacher by profession, who is probably known by other Androids or Solarions.

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

A bubbly damaya bounces into the room dressed in a loud synthleather jacket covered in vidgame badges. "Hey everybody! Kimaryn, the Station's best vidstreamer is happy to be here! Everyone smile for the Infosphere!" She whips out her comm unit and starts taking pictures with everyone that doesn't run off. A pistol and collapsible baton dangle from her belt, and closer inspection reveals a second skin hidden under her jacket.

Really hope they get some actual Starfinder avatars soon.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Kappa gives Kimaryn his best smile when she takes her pictures, being used to this.

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

Kimaryn uploads the pictures and soon everyone's comms go off with a copy and the caption, "First mission! ♥" She tucks away her comm and looks around. "Who else are we waiting for?"

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

A large spider creature skitters toward the objective.

It is completely armored to the teeth in an Iridishell and hisses to itself.

He lowers his head slowly into frame for the class picture \

"In your tongue...I am He-who-grinds-blades-to-dust....you may call me Blade-Grinder....or Dusty if you must like ssssome kind of Yssssoki."

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

Kimaryn snaps a few more pictures of the haan and grins. "Neat. Nice to meet you Blade-Grinder! Actually, can we just do Blade?"

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

Blade-Grinder pauses as if to consider " A Blade is the opposite of what I am. " in a matter of fact tone, expressions of confusion being communicated with his lower mandibles klik-klik-kliking

If you must though, Blade will be fine, but it would be my sssstrong preference that that not catch on.

He turns, revealing the large white and gold sword and sunburst combo of the Knights of Golarion on his Thorax.

---

He also turns to Rhinn The Knightsss are easy to join. You just show up and sssay "I'm a Haan who wants to protect the bullied and I have my own sssset of Armor" and they pretty much jussssst hand you a membership badge. as one of his thorax legs points to the sunburst sword just below said leg.

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

"Okay, how about Grinder then? That sounds cool."

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

This time his mandibles slowly klak together as he mulls it over and they speed up as he nods his giant head.

Yessss....yess Grinder will do just fine. Hish hish hish hish.
The Haan begins to laugh appreciatively at the Damaya

" Are you a world famousss photographer?"

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

Kimaryn laughs. "No, I'm vidstreamer. People watch me play vidgames. Sounds silly now. Anyways, I thought adding some Starfinder bids would be neat! And maybe I'll find some cool computers to mess with too." She pulls out her baton. "Anyway, this android I met said to make sure I could fight, and showed me some basics. Turns out hitting people is kinda fun!"

Liberty's Edge

"Y...y...you are a knight?" Rhinn is clearly afraid of the newcomer, but seems at least somewhat reassured by the sword and sunburst.

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

The insectoid face contorts showing a lack of understanding about what a vidgame is but then turns to an appreciative smile when it turns to hitting people.

Oh right right, you hit them til they stream, very ressspectable negotiation ssstyle. The Ssstarfinders are a meansss for me to see the universe. my people turn mostly inward and so every day is filled with new conceptss, new people, new ideasss. Very Exciting.

---

He-who-grinds-blades-to-dust nods I am. Nicest people on Abssssalom those knights. He produces his official membership papers to show them to Rhinn. Apparently they don't let everyone join? How odd.

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

"I'm glad you are a knight and not a devil. I thought we were going to have to fight." Rhinn seems to be even more reassured, but there is obviously still lingering doubt.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Kappa bows to the newcomers, memorizing their names.

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

"This should be interesting, at least." Eclipse mutters still leaning against the back wall after avoiding the picture.

His eyes watch the newcomers closely analyzing their movements and personas before stepping up to the group.

"So, anyone know where this contact is? I am sure we are itching to put in some work and get paid." he says coldly.


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

The theatre darkens...

----

Opening Crawl

----

As the doors to the Lorespire Complex slide open, a green holographic image of a middle-aged human woman shimmers into view at the center of the room. “Greetings,” it says. “I am Guidance. Please use the cheek swabs in the open receptacle to provide a genetic sample for Starfinder Society identification purposes. If desired, you may place your hand on the glowing panel to receive a subdermal implant further marking you as a member of the Society.”

Please let me know if you accept the implant

“It is our pleasure to officially welcome you into the Starfinder Society. Today is the commencement of your new role as a Starfinder field agent. It is our tradition, at the end of the graduation ceremony, for new graduates to present themselves to the heads of our most prominent factions and complete a task at those leaders’ behest. This allows the leaders of these groups to become familiar with all new Starfinder agents, and it provides a constant supply of agents for handling situations in our holdings on Absalom Station. While these tasks were formerly symbolic, the heavy loss of Starfinder agents in the Scoured Stars necessitates that these missions become something more. Please treat any tasks given with the gravity you would grant any other Starfinder assignment.”

Guidance hands out a datafile containing a summary of each of the factions (See handouts).

Once you complete the faction leader’s desired mission, that leader will signal me to indicate the mission is finished. Once all missions are complete, you can return to the Lorespire Complex to finish your commencement and prepare for future missions.

You can roll basic culture and gather info checks for the latest buzz

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

"Gonna have to pass on that, Guidance. If the society wants to track me they can get in line." E-22 says sharply before letting out a snicker.

While going through the datapad he queries the hologram. "Alright, I got the specifics but what else do we need to know?"
Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

The giant Haan squeezes one its mandibles out of its armorer carapace and place it on the glowing panel, practically engulfing it.

The haan waddles awkwardly through the office clearly not designed with him in mind but waits at rapt attention. Very Well Guidance. What an odd name. But very well, we will complete these misssssshinsss with glee. He-who-grinds-the-blades-to-dust will be an agent in no time.

Grinder does not however know anything about Absalom Station and waits around shadowing E-22 while he asks around.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

GREAT'crawl'!!!

Kappa holds his hands crossed over his chest, and respectfully follows the ceremony.
Giving the cheek swabs and accepting the implant, he follows Guidance's directions.

Deeply moved by the ceremony, Kappa is most interested by the Acquisitives, his faction.
But, what is the buzz in the Station, these days?

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

I get an error message w. the handouts

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

I'm cultureless.

Rhinn puts his hand on the panel tentatively. "This isn't going to hurt, is it?"

Once the implant is done, he looks over the missions.

I'm getting an error too.

Second Seekers

Male Human Envoy (Icon, Jetbike Racer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5 +D6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

There is the sound of a hover bike pulling up outside the doors to the Lorespire as a slim human in a tight-fitting racing suit hops off and presses a button on the side of their helmet - causing it to slide back from their face and disappear into the back of the suit. Striding through the complex with an easy, charming smile he throws the gathered Starfinders a wink.

"Sorry I'm late." he says, sounding anything but. "Yet sometimes you just can't get away from autograph signing, you know?"

He waits patiently as he gets caught up by Guidance and then shrugs, sliding off his reinforced racing glove to place his left hand upon Guidance's panel, wincing as the implant is put under his skin.

"Name's Draken, though I am sure you already know that." he says casually, waiting for Guidance to move on.

Dc10 Culture, Draken:
Draken is an up and comer on the Pact World Jet Cycle Racing circuit, having recently been signed to the competitions favoured Team, the Blackstar Nova

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Kappa glances at the newcomer, but has no idea with this unknown sentient is boasting about its name. Kappa then smiles, and speaks out: "Sorry, I am an Android. Not interested in reproducing with you". Kappa did not know humans were like peacocks during their mating period.

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

Culture: 1d20 ⇒ 4

He-who-grinds-blades-to-dust kliks his mandibles together slowly.

Were you the one who served me my meal at the cafe?

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

E-22 smirks when he realizes he has heard the name tied to one of the racing teams and says "Of course, the new racer for Blackstar Nova, there is money to be had working for some of those teams that want an upper hand in the races."

He then goes back to working on the datafile corruption that the team is experiencing. Knowing that his favored faction is close by he recommends it, "Looks like Guidance is malfunctioning on the guiding part. I will keep working on this file or we can drop in at the Dataphiles HQ and let them handle it while we handle their mission."

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

cultures, untrained: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

"Don't the rest of you follow jetbike racing?"

Turning his attention to Eclipse-22. "I'm not sure I know how to get to dataphiles HQ. You've been there? I suppose that would be as good of a place to start as any."

I know it's right here in the same building, but dumb farm boy in hand me down armor here knows nothing. I'm game with dataphiles first.

Second Seekers

Male Human Envoy (Icon, Jetbike Racer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5 +D6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Mouth dropping open at Kappa's suggestion, Draken struggles with a comeback before being shot down by the Haan almost immediately. "N-No I don't work at a restaurant." he replies to Grinder before turning to the Pangea unit. "If it's all the same to you mate, you are a little too angular for my tastes too!" Flustered he tries to recompose himself when he is saves by the other two knowing his name.

"Why thankyou. Yes I am the newest rider to the team, I am sure other companies feel they need to use Brethederan Fuel to get ahead, but not my team. We are completely above board." he replies, still feeling on the defensive.

"Sure the Dataphiles, that would be perfect. Normally i'd ask Guidance where they are, but-She seems to be on the blink."


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Link should be fixed, but for completeness, here is the text of the handout:

HE ACQUISITIVES
Leader Radaszam “The Dealmaker”; Location Nyori Palisades
The Acquisitives represent the result of Luwazi Elsebo’s efforts to hold the Society together by hiring mercenaries to fill the role of missing Starfinders. Many mercenaries realized that the Society was a far more lucrative venture—both monetarily and in terms of popularity—than their old line of work. The faction’s current leader, Radaszam, is concerned with maintaining the organization’s public-facing reputation, as well as the reputation and fame of those Star nders directly serving the Acquisitives’ interests.

THE DATAPHILES
Leader Historia-7; Location Lorespire Complex
The Dataphiles cherish information above all else, seeing themselves as the guardians of any knowledge obtained by the Starfinder Society. Their leader, Historia-7, promotes a belief in superiority through the acquisition and controlled dispersal of information. While cataloguing and data searching are necessities in this faction, the Dataphiles are known to employ less technologically savvy combat experts to procure information.

THE EXO-GUARDIANS
Leader Zigvigix; Location None (Downlow)
The Exo-Guardians are made up of Pact Worlds citizens who are concerned for the safety of their home, and who act to ensure that safety. They believe that the best defense is a strong o ense, and they work to build up a stockpile of magic and technology to deter external threats. Most of the faction’s operatives were lost in the Scoured Stars. The Exo-Guardians utilize lower-grade installations within the Pact Worlds, having lost their headquarters and many of their operations in the aftermath of the disaster.

THE WAYFINDERS
Leader Fitch; Location The Armada (Master of Stars)
The Wayfinders are Starfinders who adhere to the Society’s primary mission of exploration. The most transitory of the Society’s membership, the Wayfinders are dedicated to exploring the Vast and maintain few direct ties to the Pact Worlds. Wayfinders specialize in both exploration and first-contact scenarios, thriving on the thrill of the unknown and the monumental task of meeting new species.

----

Eclipse has a lot of knowledge about Absalom Station. He know it is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent on lost Golarion, can be found on the station. People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one’s association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.

A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core—a mystical device that allows for quick travel through
the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because
the policing Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship.

On the station, everyone seems to be excited about the upcoming junkrace. Apparently some nobody mouthed off to Ratrod, the reigning junkrace champion. People know that trash talking really gets under Ratrod’s fur and wonder whether there will be more harsh words exchanged before the race.

Anyone want to try a diplomacy/gather info roll? If not, who do you want to visit first?

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Diplo' Gather: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Kappa looks around, but has no idea who to ask for information.
It calls out: "Hey, you!", but it was only a passing delivery-drone.
Kappa shrugs, and reads the information page again: "Fine starting with whomever you wish, but I will visit the Acquisitives to help them".

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

"I'd like to meet the leader of the Acquisitives as well, but according to this, the Dataphiles are right here in the same building as us, so it seems like a good enough place to start." He reads farther down the list. "The Armada...like in...the space ships around the system? Any chance we can get them to send someone down here to meet us?"

Second Seekers

Male Human Envoy (Icon, Jetbike Racer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5 +D6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Diplomacy, gather info: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 7 + (6) = 31

Using his fame and easy charm, Draken goes schmoozing for a while and finds a pair of rather talkative Starfinder trainees and asks them all about current events, after signing autographs for them and blowing them a kiss. Taking both of the Comm codes he promises to meet them later to talk more.

"Whew, fans can be soo exhausting" he laments as he meets back up with the dour Knights and co. "The Dataphiles seem fine to me, why travel far only to return? I am sure we can meet them all my friends do not worry. A shame my own Leader is too busy to assist us in this."

Dataphiles

Female Damaya Icon Hacker 1 | HP 10, SP 6, RP 4 | KAC 15, EAC 14 | F +0, R +5, W +2 | Init +4, Perc +5

Kimaryn bounces on her toes for a moment. "They all sound like fun, I guess we can start here with the Dataphiles."

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

Datephiles is acceptable I suppose


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

The Lorespire Complex, home and heart of the Starfinder Society, is a striking campus dedicated to knowledge. Communal labs and historical departments study the Archives’ massive collection of artifacts and texts, gathered by generations of agents from across the galaxy. A quick search of the directory indicates Historia-7 frequents the Archives’ Cortex, a computerized matrix containing digital records of the Star nder Society’s most prominent discoveries.

The android reclines on a raised chair and is plugged into the local infosphere when the doors open. The neural cables detach themselves from her neck as she swivels in her seat to address the new arrivals. “Greetings, Starfinders,” she says calmly. “I am Historia-7. If you are seeking a mission from me, please be aware that my request requires both discretion and speed. Do not accept it if you feel incapable of working within these parameters.

“I discovered someone recently hacked into Bluerise Tower’s computer systems and stole a large amount of sensitive data from the resident corporations. I wish to be privy to this information. I managed to trace the hacker’s location through many proxies and erased the trail so that station and corporate security should be delayed in their pursuit. This deception will not fool them for long, so you must move quickly to retrieve the data before they can recover it. I will leave you to decide what to do with the hacker afterward, but should it be feasible, I believe that person would be an asset to the Society.”

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

"By Triune, an Android-kin!", mutters Kappa.

"Give us the location, Historia-7, and we shall bring the hacker into the Society's fold, and the data to you!".

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

So is Bluerise Tower apartments? A corporation? I'm not familiar with it. How do we figure out who the hacker is once we get there?

Wayfinders

NG Haan (Themeless) Soldier (Armor Storm) 1 | SP: 7/7 HP: 11/11 RP: 4/4 | KAC: 18 EAC: 15 vs CM: 26 | F: 2 R: 3 W: 2 | Init + 3 Perc: +4 | Speed 25 ft/30 ft unarmored

The giant Haan hisses Yes...I will be the soul of caution and no one will even remember im here

Acquisitives

LG Male Human Priest Soldier 1 | SP: 5/8 HP: 11/11 | RP: 4/4 | EAC: 13 KAC:15 AC vs CM 23 | F:3 R:2 W:3 | Init: 11 | Speed 30ft/40ft | Active Conditions: None

The human soldier mutters under his breath, but still likely too loudly, "Good luck with that." Then in full voice, "I wonder how big the hallways will be in that place."


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Bluerise Tower is a private office structure maintained by multiple corporations and legally protected to the point that even the station’s Stewards have difficulty entering. I believe these companies know more than they let on, why else would they justify the need for such absolute sovereignty over their own. The Society, given its current vulnerable state, needs to stay informed.

Yes, this is not where I will send. Here are the coordinates to an address in Drifter's End. It is a district in the station's RIng. Demographics indicate housing is cheap, population is indicated as 'diverse'.

----

The coordinates that Historia-7 gives point to an apartment that resembles a cement cube, with several tomato plants in plastic barrels sitting on an otherwise barren porch. Boxes of nutrient broth, gardening tools, and various cultural knickknacks clutter the floor of the flat, leaving barely any room for visitors to sit down.

The plants are being hand-pollinated by a young man. Hello, my name is Jubar. What can I do for you?

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

"Good day, Jubal. I am Prototype Android & Nanite Genesis Enterprise - Akiton PANGEA Kappa model serial #101218-707, but you can call me Kappa. Nice tomatoes! Must be very juicy, perfect to quench one's thirst after a hard night of hacking...".


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Hello Kappa Model Serial, eh... Kappa. Nice to meet you. Yes, they are indeed tomatoes, and they indeed quench the thirst well after... wait... what? Do you think I am a hacker? Jubal looks alarmed at the android.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Kappa smiles, and looks around, waiting for its companions to approach, and one who is a better speaker to address Jubal.

Second Seekers

Male Human Envoy (Icon, Jetbike Racer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | CMD (KAC+8) 23 Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +5 +D6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Listening to Historia's briefing, Draken's eyes widen slightly at the shock news, someone had hacked the corporations?! He could see why the Dataphiles wanted the knowledge based on their M.O, but messing with Corp files like this would get dangerous for the dogsbodies sent to retrieve it and that meant them.

"Well, I guess we have little choice in the matter! Let us be off friends."

Heading into the downtrodden district, the Racer frowns at the poor state of the hacker's lodgings. Was this all a joke? Cause he didn't get the punchline. Looking up and down the youngster, he gives an easy smile and speaks to him warmly.

"Not necessarily you my young friend!" he replies, trying to cut the harshness off Kappa's statement. "We are just chasing up so intelligence that led us here. You won't get into trouble from us, but do you know any hackers, friends room mates?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (3) = 12


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

No, no, no! I don't have anything to do with hacking, don't know any of them! Jubar exclaims, visibly alarmed.

An old woman in a blue-and- white abaya emerges from a back room and says, calmly Jubar, dear, what is going on? Did you invite these people?

When Jubar brings her up to speed, the woman seems a bit uncertain. Let me tell you what, why don't you all come inside, I'll serve you some tea and we can discuss this in all peace. Why don't you tell me the full story of why you are here? What are you looking for?

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Icon) worships Triune | Neutral - Solarion 1 | 11/11 HP | 7/7 SP | 3/3 RP | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 13 | KAC 14 | vs. CM 22 | Move: 30 ft | F +2 | R +1 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison... ; +1 R if Graviton) |

Kappa bows to the lady: "Good day, ma'am. Tea sounds very nice. I like your tomatoes very much... it is the Sun that makes them grow, correct?".

Dataphiles

LN Male Android Outlaw Operative 1 | SP: 6/6 HP: 10/10 | RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 KAC:16 AC vs CM:24 | F:0 R:6 W:2 | Init: 5 | Speed 30ft | [ooc][/ooc] | Active Conditions: None
Skills:
Acrobatics: 12 | Bluff: 5 | Computers: 7 | Culture: 7 | Engineering: 7 | Medicine: 7 | Perception: 5 | Piloting: 9 | Profession (Cyber Security): 11 | Sleight of Hand: 9 | Stealth: 12 | Survival: 5

E-22 hangs back watching things unfold keeping an eye out for possible corporation guards that may have caught the trail.


| Please read the announcements... | Your ad here | Kludde (explanation) |

Bit of sunlight, bit of good care-taking, bit of special fertilizer. Nothing much to it. But that can't be the reason that Jubar here was so upset, so do you have a special reason to be here?

1 to 50 of 200 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS - PbP Gameday VI] S1-01 The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.