Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

[SFS] GM kuey's Fugitive on the Red Planet (SFS #1-02) (Inactive)

Game Master kuey

maps and handouts

chronicle sheets


151 to 200 of 208 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Gaargh! Dammit, I forgot to update the map again! Now updated.

Sovereign Court

Eli calls out the warning just in time before laser rifle starts firing away. Eli tumbles backwards away from the pillar, while Hakrinag hits the dirt and scrambles backward. The laser rifle finally fully extends but by now, it no longer has any target in its arc and it retreats back into its compartment.

Alice and Albans then carefully crawl forward. Hugging the pillar very carefully, they examines the mechanisms and notices a motion sensor just above where the laser rifle extends from. Working in tandom, without coming into its field of "vision", Alice carefully removes a panel from it revealing its inner mechanism while Albans snips off its power supply. A careful test confirms that the motion sensor is disabled, and the laser rifle no longer reveals itself.

This trap would have been quite nasty. +11 to hit and 3d6+1 damage!

The two of them also can tell that the trap was newly installed, maybe over the last week or so. Clearly the prey is nearby...

The danger past, the Starfinders move forward cautiously. The right passageway is similarly covered by thick dust, untouched for years. The left one, however, has seen much foot and cart traffic very recently.

And sure enough, from the left passageway drifts the sound of movement, as of people moving objects around.

Dataphiles

HP 18/18 Stam 12/12 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | BAB +4 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +0 | Init +5 | Athletics +4 | Comp +10 | Engin +10 | Life Sci +9 | Medic +9 | Perc +8 | Phy Sci +9 | Pilot +8 | Prof +8 Neutral Android Mechanic/2

Assuming there is nothing to loot from the right paassageway Alice 002 has her laser pistol drawn as her mechanical eyes scan the length of the left passageway.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Quietly, in her usual flat and emotionless voice, Alice 002 whispers: "My components lack stealth. I am not equip to approach the targets in question." Alice 002's red eyes focus on each of her companions as if she's awaiting instruction.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"If the Captain wants to talk first, I see no reason to try and be sneaky about our approach," Hakrinag points out. I'd much rather sneak and blast though...
________
I've only seen a couple of Starfinder traps, but the ones I've seen have been DANGEROUS!

Exo-Guardians

Hudathan Swarmbait Male LN Vesk Spacefarer Soldier 2 | SP 18/18 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 |EAC 18 KAC 19| | Speed 30ft | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0
BOT ME:
[dice=Azimuth Laser@]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=DMG@EAC]1d10[/dice]

Hudathan looks at the android with a smile. "I always found stealth to be less fun. Anybody against going in, offering them a chance to surrender, then doing what we have to do? "

After a moment's thought... "Bringing him back alive was optional, right? I didn't bring a stun gun... "

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Eli, great catch spotting the barrel. And yes, Hakrinag, I would rather talk - if need be. As in, avoid combat altogether. If sneaking past works for you, great, go for it. I totally understand and approve. That all being said, lets take it slow and keep an eye out for another bad trap, or ten."

Per: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Sovereign Court

Electing to take the diplomatic route, the Starfinders openly move forward. The passage heading west and turns north into a T-shaped room. The ceiling is higher than other chambers, cut to fifteen feet in height. Permanent light fixtures set in the ceiling provide brighter light. The minecart tracks that have run throughout this mine hug the south wall, turn north, and run along the west wall before coming to a dead end at the north end of the room. A single mine car stands on the tracks. Across from the cart is a small office fashioned from two out-of-place plastic walls set into the stonework. An open door provides access to the room within a room.

Within the chamber, 3 male humans dressed in worn-out second skin armor are labouring away, shifting around and stacking up miscellaneous equipment. Simple wooden clubs and semi-automatic pistols hang from their work belts. None of them, however, matches what Talbot would look like. They look startled when the Starfinders suddenly appear, looks which quickly turn into hostility!

init:

init, Hudathan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
init, Madrigal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
init, Albans: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
init, Alice 002: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
init, Eli: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
init, Hakrinag: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
init, enemies: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"You're here for Talbot!" the one nearest the Starfinders yells out. Without giving the team a chance to explain, all three of them, almost in unison, whip their pistols are start firing! Both Eli and Hakrinag are hit!
orange pistol vs Eli KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3
green pistol vs Hakrinag KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 4
orange pistol vs Hakrinag KAC, cover: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: Nil
~~~
orange miner
yellow miner
green miner
Hudathan
Eli (SP3/6, HP8/10)
Alice 002
Albans
Hakrinag (SP5/9)
Madrigal

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Hit green, he's closer!" (Get'em on GREEN).

Aiming her weapon at GREEN Madrigal totally misses her shot, her bullet ricocheting on the ground next to no one.

Pistol: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"RRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" Hakrinag roars as the bullet skims his shoulder. In response, he pulls out his much larger weapon and seeks to annihilate the fool that shot him.
________

Rolls:

Reaction Cannon (Get 'Em) vs Green: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 171d10 ⇒ 8

Exo-Guardians

Hudathan Swarmbait Male LN Vesk Spacefarer Soldier 2 | SP 18/18 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 |EAC 18 KAC 19| | Speed 30ft | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0
BOT ME:
[dice=Azimuth Laser@]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=DMG@EAC]1d10[/dice]

I'm assuming that great shot took out Green. So there isn't any cover to Orange.

Hudathan let's out a war cry to match Hak's. Pulling out his gun, he levels it on the poor miner as the first falls into the red dust. "Fool, abandon your false leader. "

Azimuth Laser @ Orange: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 = 14
DMG@EAC: 1d10 ⇒ 1

Azimuth Laser @ Orange: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10
DMG@EAC: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Sovereign Court

Hudathan, nope it didn't take out the green. Let me know if you wish to transfer your attacks to green instead so won't resolve you actions yet.

Madrigal beseeches the party to focus fire on the man in green overalls, but she herself fails to connect her shot. Hakrinag has no problems, however. The blast from his cannon smashes into the miner's chest, leaving a smoking hole in his chest. He totters somewhat but still remains standing.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: Get' Em on Green (+1 attack)
~~~
orange miner
yellow miner
green miner (-8)
Hudathan
Eli (SP3/6, HP8/10)
Alice 002
Albans
Hakrinag (SP5/9)
Madrigal

Acquisitives

Male Human Technomancer 1 | sp:5/5; hp:9/9; rp:5/5 | eac:13; kac:15 | fort: 1; ref: 2; will: 2 | init +6 | perc: 0; sense motive: 0

(Sorry for the late post. Ice knocked the power out in the afternoon so I had no internet)

Albans raises his pistol and draws a bead on the man in green.

Blam!: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 4 = 7
Damage (p): 1d6 ⇒ 3

Blam!: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 4 = 0
Damage (p): 1d6 ⇒ 4

He only really carries his pistol for show though, and is probably as much of a danger to himself as he is his target.

"To the Hells with this!" he curses. Next time, instead of using explosive energy to propel a chunk of lead, I'm going to apply it directly to their faces instead!

Exo-Guardians

Hudathan Swarmbait Male LN Vesk Spacefarer Soldier 2 | SP 18/18 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 |EAC 18 KAC 19| | Speed 30ft | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0
BOT ME:
[dice=Azimuth Laser@]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=DMG@EAC]1d10[/dice]

Sorry for the assumption. I would have aimed at Green. Thank you.

Dataphiles

HP 18/18 Stam 12/12 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | BAB +4 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +0 | Init +5 | Athletics +4 | Comp +10 | Engin +10 | Life Sci +9 | Medic +9 | Perc +8 | Phy Sci +9 | Pilot +8 | Prof +8 Neutral Android Mechanic/2

Round 1, Initiative 18:

The android's exocortex searches out an enemy (Combat Tracking +1) and locks onto the orange target. Alice 002 fires her laser pistol at the orange enemy. "TALBOT is a thief. If you are harboring a criminal, you are committing a crime." Her voice is emotionless and flat like a machine as she states the obvious.

To hit: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23 (1d6 burn damage is only on critical hits, right?)

Damage (flare): 1d8 ⇒ 7

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |
Quote:
"You're here for Talbot!"

"Actually, no. We're he- SONOFA...!", before she finishes her sentence, she takes a hit and hisses.

"Fine. Your way, then.", Eli speaks out as she quickly jumps closer to the man and attempts to take him out with a baton.

Crunch:
Baton, Tactical, + Get'em vs KAC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 131d4 ⇒ 4
Trick Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 301d4 ⇒ 3

Sovereign Court

Hudathan quickly follows after his fellow vesk with two rapid shots from his laser rifle. Both blast bad burns into the (green) man and he collapses. First casualty!

Albans' aim, however, is less steady. With the nearest miner down, he similarly attempts two consecutive shots at the next nearest man (orange) but his shots simply punches shallow holes in the ceiling. Alice locks her targeting system on the same man and with computerised accuracy, burns the man badly with her laser shot.
Alice, correct, the 1d6 is only if you crit, i.e. roll a natural 20.

Eli, I'm transferring your attack to orange also.
Eli quickly follows up, dashing straight towards the man, but ducking right at the last minute and swings her baton upwards. The club slams hard into his jaw where he least expect him, and he similarly crumples into a heap.

The remaining miner looks increasingly alarmed as the Starfinders take down two of his pals in almost no-time. He yells towards to inner room. "Talbot! Flee! They're closing in! I'll cover you!" He trains his gun at Eli, the nearest foe, and firers two slugs one after another. The first misses her by a mile but the second shot slams into her right thigh.
pistol vs Eli, full attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5
pistol vs Eli, full attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 = 16 dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

holographic clone: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Almost simultaneously, a figure dashes out of the room straight towards the mining cart in the corner. It is hard to get a good look at him as there are three identical images of him surrounding him, flitting around. But it is him, it's Talbot! (There's no mistaking that greasy hair.) In one smooth motion, he leaps into the cart! (He now has partial cover.)

The cart can fit up to 3 medium creaturers. Entering requires a move action, and a DC15 acrobatics or athletics check. Failure by less than 5 means the PC fails to board the cart, while failing by 5 or more means the would-be boarder falls prone next to the cart.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 2: Status: Nil
~~~
orange miner
yellow miner
green miner
Talbot (3 holographic images, partial cover)
Hudathan
Eli (SP0/6, HP8/10)
Alice 002
Albans
Hakrinag (SP5/9)
Madrigal

Exo-Guardians

Hudathan Swarmbait Male LN Vesk Spacefarer Soldier 2 | SP 18/18 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 |EAC 18 KAC 19| | Speed 30ft | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0
BOT ME:
[dice=Azimuth Laser@]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=DMG@EAC]1d10[/dice]

Hudathan runs around the corner, while pointing at the cart. "Eli, Hak! Melee time! "

I could easily jump in, but my unarmed attack is all I have.

The Vesk looks at the last miner. " Sorry mate, he's a false prophet." Then he brings up his cannon and shoots the greaseball in the cart.

Azimuth Laser@: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
DMG@EAC: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (3) = 9

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Hakrinag, Hudathon, Eli, get in that cart, chase Talbot down! Everyone else get the YELLOW miner!" Madrigal then moves forward to get out of everyone's way.

Sovereign Court

Madrigal, did you intend to Get' Em on anyone?

Hudathan fires his laser cannon with deadly accuracy, and despite the cover provided by the mining cart, he is certain that he hits. Until the shot goes through one of Talbot's holographic images, dispersing it.
mirror images, 1= Talbot: 1d4 ⇒ 4

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 2: Status: Nil
~~~
orange miner
yellow miner
green miner
Talbot (2 holographic images, partial cover)
Hudathan
Eli (SP0/6, HP8/10)
Alice 002
Albans
Hakrinag (SP5/9)
Madrigal

Dataphiles

HP 18/18 Stam 12/12 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | BAB +4 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +0 | Init +5 | Athletics +4 | Comp +10 | Engin +10 | Life Sci +9 | Medic +9 | Perc +8 | Phy Sci +9 | Pilot +8 | Prof +8 Neutral Android Mechanic/2

Round 2, Initiative 18:

Alice 002 moves 15 feet North to get a better shot at the yellow enemy. "Criminals, cease and desist." (See map.)

We may end up killing Tablot unintentionally. How does this lifeform have such a following?

To hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Exo-Guardians

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"Aye, aye Captain... TO THE VESKMOBILE!" Hakrinag roars, eager for his ascension to greatness.
________
I would like to delay. I am out of range to reach the cart, however I would like to delay until it moves and then move to it and get in. Would this be possible?

Sovereign Court

Yes, you could. But it would only trigger after Talbot takes his turn to move the cart, so it would have been your next turn anyway.

Exo-Guardians

Hudathan Swarmbait Male LN Vesk Spacefarer Soldier 2 | SP 18/18 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 |EAC 18 KAC 19| | Speed 30ft | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0
BOT ME:
[dice=Azimuth Laser@]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=DMG@EAC]1d10[/dice]

In that case shoot him this turn and jump in next turn. If you hit, you'll make your life easier when you do get in.

Hudathan curses as his perfect head shot blows through one of the holograms. A crit, too! Nuts.

Acquisitives

Male Human Technomancer 1 | sp:5/5; hp:9/9; rp:5/5 | eac:13; kac:15 | fort: 1; ref: 2; will: 2 | init +6 | perc: 0; sense motive: 0

Nananananananana Veskman! I kinda wish Daramak could have been here for this :P

Albans looks in turn at the henchman, the small army of Talbots, and his less than impressive pistol. As he is weighing his options he sees Hood's shot strike one of the holograms and realizes how he might be of use. He begins making matrices in the air as he once again manipulates latent arcane forces and conjures a trio of force missiles and aims one at each of the three remaining Talbots.

Using a full round action to cast magic missile. Aiming one at each Talbot in an attempt to dispel the holograms. Below is the damage for the missile that hits Talbot.

MM: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Get him, Hood! The holograms should be taken care of now!"

Sovereign Court

Albans, the spell description of mirror image goes, "Area spells and effects that don’t require an attack roll affect you normally and don’t destroy any of your figments." So the magic missiles will ignore the images and target Talbot directly. So go ahead and roll the damage for the other two missiles.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"GET OUT OF MY CART!" Hakrinag demands. He tries to satisfy his anger by blasting the scoundrel within.
________

Rolls:

Full-Attack
Reaction Cannon vs Talbot (Cover): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 141d10 ⇒ 3
Reaction Cannon vs Talbot (Cover): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 101d10 ⇒ 5

Good points, I didn't take into account that he had already gone. OPEN FIRE!

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Get em would have been on YELLOW

Acquisitives

Male Human Technomancer 1 | sp:5/5; hp:9/9; rp:5/5 | eac:13; kac:15 | fort: 1; ref: 2; will: 2 | init +6 | perc: 0; sense motive: 0
GM kuey wrote:
Albans, the spell description of mirror image goes, "Area spells and effects that don’t require an attack roll affect you normally and don’t destroy any of your figments." So the magic missiles will ignore the images and target Talbot directly. So go ahead and roll the damage for the other two missiles.

Oh, sorry! I should have looked up the spell.

MM: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) + 3 = 12

Sovereign Court

Hudathan, it wasn't a crit. :) Need a natural 20.

Madrigal calls out her teammates to focus their fire on the remaining miner while moving forward. Despite that, Alice's shot goes wide and hits the cave wall behind instead. Perhaps she was distracted pondering on the loyalty of the Tasch residents. If she understood organic beings better, she would know that when they have been living lives of desperation for too long, anyone that appears to bring salvation, even if false, can bring about irrational levels of loyalty.

Hakrinag ignores Madrigal, however, and fires his cannon at their prey. Again, however, the shot punches straight through one of the images, dispersing. His second shot comes nowhere near Talbot, but clips the edge of his last image and it similarly disperses. Leaving Talbot alone, finally without any holograms.
mirror images, 1=Talbot: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Albans also focuses on Talbot, releasing 3 arcane bolts which smashes into him unerringly. He grunts in pain and curses you under his breath.

By the way, guys, in your attack rolls, don't worry about cover. I'll take care of that. Cover adds to the defendents' AC, rather than a penalty to attack.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 2: Status: Get' Em on Yellow
~~~
orange miner
yellow miner
green miner
Talbot (-12, partial cover)
Hudathan
Eli (SP0/6, HP8/10)
Alice 002
Albans
Hakrinag (SP5/9)
Madrigal

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

"Damnit, Talbot! We just want what you stole. People don't need to die here.", Eli shouts before extending her baton and moving towards the bodyguard.

She takes a few quick steps towards the man (yellow), and attempts to take him out with a quick strike.

Crunch:

Move - 10 ft
Standard - Attack
Baton, Tactical: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d4 ⇒ 2 Get 'em not included
Trick Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 301d4 ⇒ 3

Sorry for the late post. I was away for the weekend. A short notice trip, and I wasn't able to let you know.

Sovereign Court

Eli dashes up, yellowing at Talbot but focusing her attacks on the remaining miner, giving him a good whack across his skull. But his head is apparently made of sterner stuff and he looks no worse for the wear.

The miner, solely intent on protecting Talbot, returns the attack, firing twice at Eli despite that leaving him wide open. Despite the shots being practically at point-blank, Eli's quick reflexes saves her as she nimbly dodges out of the way.
Eli, AoO vs yellow.
pistol vs Eli, full attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 4 = 8
pistol vs Eli, full attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 4 = 12

In a rather slimy voice, Talbot cynically replies, "You think I'm that gullible? That you haven't sold us out to that corporate bully? They have sucked these poor folk dry for centuries. I was just helping them get back some of what have been stolen!" He raises his pistol and fires an electric charge at her, then turns to activate the controls of the mining cart. Almost immediately, it starts rumbling down the tracks!
static arc pistol vs Eli: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The cart is moving at a speed of 30ft. As mentioned, the cart can fit up to 3 medium creaturers. Entering requires a move action, and a DC15 acrobatics or athletics check. Failure by less than 5 means the PC fails to board the cart, while failing by 5 or more means the would-be boarder falls prone next to the cart.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 3: Status:Nil
~~~
orange miner
yellow miner (-5, flatfooted)
green miner
Talbot (-12, partial cover)
Hudathan
Eli (SP0/6, HP5/10; AoO vs yellow)
Alice 002
Albans
Hakrinag (SP5/9)
Madrigal

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Keep up the fire on Yellow! Everyone else, get to the cart! We need to hurry!" Get'em on Yellow.

Exo-Guardians

Hudathan Swarmbait Male LN Vesk Spacefarer Soldier 2 | SP 18/18 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 |EAC 18 KAC 19| | Speed 30ft | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0
BOT ME:
[dice=Azimuth Laser@]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=DMG@EAC]1d10[/dice]

Hudathan throws a look at Eli. "Forget him! We need you and your baton in that cart!" He looks at this fellow vesk next. "There's only room for one of us. Take your knife and get in there!"

For himself, he takes a few steps towards the cart and fires at one of the Talbots. Better be the real one this time!

Azimuth Laser@Talbot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 This one is a Nat!
DMG@EAC: 1d10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + (1) = 10

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Hakrinag throws his cannon to the ground and charges the cart with a bellow. After a powerful leap and flash of his combat knife, the Vesk enters the cart.

The cart rocks back and forth with the sudden force, and Hakrinag grins at Talbot. "Things aren't looking too good for my prey!"
________

Rolls:

Acrobatics, DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Sovereign Court

Hudathan, for crits, you roll the damage dice twice, and add the weapon's critical effect. So you're missing another 1d10 to that damage roll.

Dataphiles

HP 18/18 Stam 12/12 | EAC 14 KAC 15 | BAB +4 | Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +0 | Init +5 | Athletics +4 | Comp +10 | Engin +10 | Life Sci +9 | Medic +9 | Perc +8 | Phy Sci +9 | Pilot +8 | Prof +8 Neutral Android Mechanic/2

Round 3:

Alice 002 assigns her exocortex to focus on Talbot, currently in the moving cart. The lens of her mechanical eyes adjust into focus at the cart rolls past. "Remember, they want him alive." Alice 002 squeezes the trigger of the azimuth laser rifle, sending the blast towards Talbot. If Talbot looks like he's about to die, the android doesn't shoot.

To hit (BAB, Exo): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Crunch:
Baton, Tactical, vs Yellow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Trick Attack vs Yellow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Athletics, boarding the cart: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Eli takes a swing at the bodyguard when he attempts to attack her, but Talbot's hit takes its toll on the maneuver. When she turns around, she sees the thief fleeing and takes a beeline for the cart. She barely makes it, but manages to jump into the Veskmobile.

"You dumb oaf! You called AbadarCorp in the first place. We just stumbled upon them here. Just give me the rock, and you can leave."

Exo-Guardians

Hudathan Swarmbait Male LN Vesk Spacefarer Soldier 2 | SP 18/18 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 |EAC 18 KAC 19| | Speed 30ft | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0
BOT ME:
[dice=Azimuth Laser@]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=DMG@EAC]1d10[/dice]

Shoot, I totally misunderstood how crits worked...

Crit Damage : 1d10 ⇒ 5

Acquisitives

Male Human Technomancer 1 | sp:5/5; hp:9/9; rp:5/5 | eac:13; kac:15 | fort: 1; ref: 2; will: 2 | init +6 | perc: 0; sense motive: 0

Seeing the others starting to focus fire on the cart, Albans takes Madrigal's advice and launches his next arcane volley at the unfortunate miner.

Magic Missile (full action): 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 3 = 9

"It's over, friend. Nothing personal, but the sooner we take you lot down the sooner I can get off this accursed rock."

Sovereign Court

Eli, trick attack is a full round action, so you can't jump into the cart as that is a move action. Doesn't really matter though.

Eli swings her baton at the lone miner but distracted by Talbot, she misses. Not wishing to let her prey get away, she races after the cart. Hakrinag with an agility unexpected of a towering vesk leaps in. Before he has the chance to subdue the ex-Starfinder, the rest of the Starfinders launches their attacks on Talbot. Despite the limited cover provided by the mining cart, the barrage of accurate attacks from Hudathan, Alice and Albans blasts into Talbot repeatedly. Overwhelmed by the ferocity of the attack, Talbot finally falls limp onto the floor of the cart, dying from his multiple wounds.

"No, you've killed him!" the sole conscious miner drops his weapons and sinks to his knees.

Combat over, but the cart is still moving with the dying Talbot and Hakrinag on it. It would have smashed into Albans who is standing on the track, but its not going to affect anything from this point on so am just going to ignore that. :)

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Dead-dead, or unconscious?

Oh that's a full action. Completely forgot. Cheers!

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"We need to stop that cart! Hakrinag, can you stabilize Talbot? He needs to tell us where he his the stone!"

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hudathan Swarmbait Male LN Vesk Spacefarer Soldier 2 | SP 18/18 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 |EAC 18 KAC 19| | Speed 30ft | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0
BOT ME:
[dice=Azimuth Laser@]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=DMG@EAC]1d10[/dice]

" HIT THE BUTTON! THE BIG RED ONE! NO, THE BIG ONE! " Once the cart stops, he goes to check on Talbot. "I know Hak, it's confusing. On our plans for the Vesk-mobile, the big red button is the super thrust. But in other, weaker, cultures, but red buttons mean stop. "

Hudathan ensures the miner is subdued while the others help Talbot.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN vesk bounty hunter soldier 1 | SP 9/9 HP 13/13 | RP 4/5 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +2; +2vsfear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Assuming the control isn't overly complicated and I manage to stop the cart...
Hakrinag unceremoniously tosses the body out and follows Talbot back to the ground. "Weaklings, all of them! Who makes the red button stop? The big one, no less!" Hakrinag rants while trying to patch up the limp body.

Once somebody more competent takes over, he scoops up his cannon and pushes the cart back to the start of the track. He hops in and mounts his cannon as best as he can. "...Who wants in? We need a pilot and another gunner."
________

Rolls:

Heal Check?: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hudathan Swarmbait Male LN Vesk Spacefarer Soldier 2 | SP 18/18 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 |EAC 18 KAC 19| | Speed 30ft | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +0, SM: +0
BOT ME:
[dice=Azimuth Laser@]1d20+6[/dice] [dice=DMG@EAC]1d10[/dice]

Hudathan growls at the remaining miner. "The Vesk-Mobile needs a hood ornament. Raise that gun and I'll take that as a volunteer. "

Acquisitives

Male Human Technomancer 1 | sp:5/5; hp:9/9; rp:5/5 | eac:13; kac:15 | fort: 1; ref: 2; will: 2 | init +6 | perc: 0; sense motive: 0

Albans' last attack was actually directed at the yellow miner like Madrigal said to. Sorry I wasn't clear. I understand if you'd rather keep things going than backtrack, though. If thats the case, Albans will volunteer his healing serum to stabilize Talbot, if it isn't too late.

Albans wrote:
Seeing the others starting to focus fire on the cart, Albans takes Madrigal's advice and launches his next arcane volley at the unfortunate miner.

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

Eli steps outside of the cart, and puts her back against a wall, smiling. She starts laughing at the miner's lament, and slides down to sit on the floor, her back still pressed against the stone. "Heh. Listen to this guy.", she says loudly, grinning under heavy breaths, and points her index finger at the last man standing. "You killed him, he says. HA!"

She takes a few seconds to breathe, wincing as she checks her wounds. "We walk in here, with no intention of fighting, you attack us, and then complain when you get your behinds handed to you? Cry me a river..."

"You started a dangerous game and lost. Tough luck.", she slowly stands up, looking at the man. "Where's the stone?" - she asks with a cold look of a shark.

Wayfinders

Female Damya Lashuntas Envoy 2 (Icon). | HP 16/16 STAM 10/10 Res 5| EAC 11 KAC 12 ACvs CMD 20 F: -1, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Walking over to Talbot, Madrigal asks in a kind voice, much better than Eli's "Can you please tell us where you hid the stone?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (20) + (3) + 9 = 32
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + (1) + 7 = 13 (is he lying with his answer?)

Wayfinders

Female CG Human Hotshot 2.0 | SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort 0; Ref +7; Will +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft |

"Sorry Captain, but I got shot at today on at least two occasions. And it hurts a lot more than beestings. I know I can be hotheaded, but even if so, if I am saying 'please', or 'thank you' to anyone of these people today, it will be in one sentence with 'go eat a bag of dicks'."

With that said, she limps over to the cart, and pats down Talbot's body for the stone, leaving bloodied hand marks all over.

"Some saviour you were. Causing 5 people to die in a week.", she mutters to herself as she goes through Talbot's pockets.

Crunch:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Sovereign Court

Sorry Albans, I missed that. A bit of minor retro. But even without the magic missile, Talbot would still have gone down. Sorry guys, wasn't able to monitor the game today. Should have jumped in earlier.

While the party takes down Talbot, Albans' magic missiles slam into the last standing miner and he collapses onto the floor.

Talbot was dying from his wounds. Starfinder rules are that once an NPC falls to 0HP (if the last damage was not nonlethal), the GM can rule them dead, or have them dying for 3 rounds.

With Talbot bleeding slowly to death on the floor of the cart, there is a brief moment of panic as the cart continues rumbling its way forward. Between the two vesks though, they figure out how to bring it to a halt. Hakrinag tosses Talbot out, and attempts to stop his bleeding but not being particularly trained in the healing arts, he fails to do much. At least he didn't make things worse.

Albans, perhaps the party would like to try stabilising him before you use the serum? Don't want you to waste it. Stabilising is a medicine check DC15, and you must be trained, i.e. Hakrinag couldn't have done it anyway.

Eli, however, only has scorn for the dying man. Rather unceremoniously, she starts digging through his belongings. Sure enough, in one of his pouches, she pulls out a plain looking black stone, which by Captain Arvin's descriptions, is indeed the charlatan's stone.

So what you guys going to do with Talbot? He is about 2 rounds from dying.

151 to 200 of 208 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] GM kuey's Fugitive on the Red Planet (SFS #1-02) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.