Welcome to the Discussion tab! This game is for Gameday VII, the second session, starting on October 1st.
1. This discussion thread is open for all OOC matters, so no ooc tag needed. For OOC matters in the gameplay thread, please use the [ ooc ] tag.
2. Please post at least once a weekday, and at least once on weekends. If you would be away, please let me know in advance where possible, and we can work something out. Otherwise, if you go missing, where necessary, I will bot your characters for the sake of the rest of everyone else. Thus, it is a good idea is to leave botting instructions for normal combat (with dice rolls), space combat and non-combat in your profile page beforehand.
3. If you have any disagreements over some of my GM calls or interpretation of the scenario, please take it to the discussion thread or, even better, pm me.
4. If you have played and/or GMed this scenario before, please do not metagame or spoil the plot. And please let me know.
5. It is the responsibility of the player to keep track of the game, including referencing the map on google slides and moving your token.
6. Once surprise (if any) and initiative is determined, for the group of characters who can take actions, I would resolve actions in posting order, NOT initiative order. I used to do the latter but it doesn’t work that well in PbP, so am going with the former instead.
7. There is no Space Combat in this scenario.
Rolls and Skill Checks
8. I will do your initiative rolls, as well as perception rolls for surprise rounds.
9. On knowledge checks for general information, sometimes I use spoilers, sometimes I fill you in based on your roll. I'll let you know each time it comes up. (Don’t forget that you can make knowledge checks untrained for DC10.)
10. On skill checks where there could be team effort involved, please be explicit when making the rolls whether you are attempting the check on your own, or whether you are aiding. There might be situations where only one character is allowed to attempt the check (and the rest to aid) – I’ll state so explicitly if that’s the case.
11. On skill checks in general, if I feel you have roleplayed well, e.g. gave a good description of what your character does to search for a trail, came up with creative ways to befriend a hostile NPC, gave a very rousing speech, I often give bonuses.
12. The maps and handouts link (at the top of the page, and my statblock) will display all the maps, handouts, pictures, etc as the scenario progresses. (Incidentally, Android and IOS has the Google Slides app in case you work off mobile devices.)
13. Please have your full character information up on your character's profile page. Also, please have your stat block updated with the key information.
Feel free to chat over the next few months or so, but make sure you dot in so that we're ready to go in October!
Hi Ewok! Meloriel here. I'm excited for this one!
Medrick is interested, but I will be level 3. I am fine playing out of subtier, but if you are uncomfortable with that as it may take a bit of the challenge of the adventure away, I would completely understand.
I'm in. I don't know what I'll be using using yet, as I've got several that can play and with this being level 1, I like anyone else can just make a character on the spot. I'll see what we have when we get closer to October.
Then count me in. The only adventure I am more interested in 1-17 but no one seems to be running it. So I will gladly play this one. I shouldn't be too much more powerful than others since I will still be using a level 2 weapon. Just be a bit harder to kill haha
I'd like to sign up for this one... hopefully, I have the right dwarf... Yes, yes. This is the SF dwarf. :)
I'd love to be the 6th crew member, if you'd have me. Saeron will be doing Live Exploration Extreme! in Round 1 and will be Lvl 2 afterwards.
She's currently down for another table (I think you're also on that one GM Ewok) that looks like going higher tier. I will make arrangements to ensure the other table is not left shorthanded.
Confirmed: I have left the other table.
Absolutely! Welcome! (I thought I recognized your name.)
Thanks GM Ewok. I thought it was an interesting coincidence when I realised!
I also realised later that we have played together previously on a couple of occasions, both of us using different characters each time.
Ewok and everyone else, my sincere apologies. I had intended to sign up for Ash of Discovery. I've played Duskmire Accord.
I'm sorry that it took me so long to realize that I had signed up for the wrong scenario. I'll make a post in Flaxseed so people know there's an opening here.
Ewok, if you could un-check me from the Campaign Settings tab, I would appreciate it.
Looks like we have so far:
* (DoubleGold TBD)
Nicely balanced! If the spot is available, I'd like to submit this Technomancer for consideration.