Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[SFS_Aerondor] 01-01 The Commencement (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

map pack
Wlecome to Starfinder boon

init:

[dice=Pangea]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Colthan]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Conrad]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Sebrir]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Glitch]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Mother]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=baddies]1d20+[/dice]

Chronicles


1 to 50 of 311 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

You are recent fast-tracked graduates of the Starfinder society academy. Having just endured (or perhaps enjoyed) your graduation ceremony, you have been ushered into the Lorespire Complex for your "Commencement" mission.

As the doors to the Lorespire Complex slide open, a green holographic image of a middle-aged human woman shimmers into view at the center of the room. “Greetings,” it says.
I am Guidance. Please use the cheek swabs in the open receptacle to provide a genetic sample for Starfinder Society identification purposes. If desired, you may place your hand on the glowing panel to receive a subdermal implant further marking you as a member of the Society.

The implant you can make glow as a swift action and helps reinforce any claim you make to be a member of the society. It is not compulsory to accept it. Think of it as a high-tech way finder type thing.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Spacefarer) worships Triune | Neutral - Soldier (Blitz) 1 | 11/11 HP | 9/9 SP | 4/4 RP | Init +6 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 40 ft | F +4 | R +2 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) |

"Most honored, Guidance", says Beta, as he bows his head before the hologram.
[b]"I am Prototype Android & Nanite Genesis Enterprise - Akiton PANGEA Beta model serial #101218-702, but please call me Beta".

The android then complies, using the swab to give his fine genetic sample, crafted by PANGEA, to the Starfinder Society.
Finally, without any hesitation, Beta proudly places his left hand on the panel, feeling very privileged to now be a full fledged member of the Society.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"Greeting Beta" smiles the hologram. It looks to examine the other new entrants. "Step forward and share your DNA, and if you wish, claim your implant."

Dataphiles

Active Spells: None | RP 5/5 | folio boon 1/1 | Android Operative (ghost) 1 | SP 6/6 | HP 6/10 | KAC 18 | EAC 17 | F +0 | R +6 | W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 (Low-Light, Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +0

Colthan steps forward and claims the implant.

"Better then being branded I guess."

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy | SP 6/6 HP 10/10| RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Conrad walks in giving everyone a slap on the shoulder before walking over to Guidance and slowly nodding. "Just think about the sum of all that knowledge. "

He nods and offers himself up for the implant.

Wayfinders

Male Human Envoy 1 | HP 10/10, SP 6/6, RP 5/5 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4

Sebrir nods and accepts the implant as well. "Always useful to be able to prove you're with the Society, I would think. Now, my friends, I will need you all to sign this consent form in order for me to record our entire journey for my vlog. Do you all accept?" He doesn't wait for any of the others to respond and thrusts a form at each of them. If any refuse to sign, he will implore them endlessly, because otherwise he'll have to edit their faces out of the video actively.

Dataphiles

Active Spells: None | RP 5/5 | folio boon 1/1 | Android Operative (ghost) 1 | SP 6/6 | HP 6/10 | KAC 18 | EAC 17 | F +0 | R +6 | W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 (Low-Light, Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +0

"My job gets harder if everyone knows what I look like. I should be able to create a simple program for you that uses a bit of facial recognition to edit it for you."

Colthan borrows the recording device for a few moments and utilizes some preexisting software recognition apps.

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

"There you go. If there are any closing credits you can just call me Mr. Blurryface."

Dataphiles

HP 9/9, Sta 6/6, res 5/5; EAC 13, KAC 14, ACvsCM 22; fort 1, refl 2, will 2; bab 0, melee 0, ranged 2, thrown 0; spells 0-4, 1-3/3 | android scholar technomage / 1 | -702
skills:
acro 7, bluff -1, computers 8, diplo -1, engineering 8, intim -1, mysticism 4, perc 1, phys sci 9, pilot 6, prof: it 8, sm -2, stealth 2

A purple haired, lavendar skinned android walks in and looks blandly at all gathered here. She tries to smile and instead twitches awkwardly. She places a hand out to receive her implant and opens her mouth for the swab, looking a little unsure as to which to do first, she does both at the same time. "I am ... Life Analog Model 011000x7.." she pauses and looks confused a moment... "Wait!.. I am LAM 011000xxxx702... yes I think that's right. I don't recall exactly. Everyone just calls me Glitch."

Acquisitives

Female LG Bounty Hunter Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Humming a soft tune to herself she turned a corner and those paying attention to her would notice the black hair and golden hue over her skin. She came to a stop before Guidance and regarded her for a moment before nodding to what seems to be herself. "Greetings guidance, I am Mother-One..." Turning her hand she placed her hand to have the implant added to her hand before turning to the rest of the people present. Startled about the form she went over it and then shook her head. "Sorry, my own contract preceeds yours.." With that she pushed the form back to Sebrir.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Spacefarer) worships Triune | Neutral - Soldier (Blitz) 1 | 11/11 HP | 9/9 SP | 4/4 RP | Init +6 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 40 ft | F +4 | R +2 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) |

Beta bows to the hologram that greeted it.

Taking and looking at Sebir's form, Beta fills it out, signs it, and hands it back with a bow of the head: "Thank you, Mr. Feedbringer. Please mention the company that created me and my brethren...".
Then Beta actually types on its Comm Unit and sends a message to all present, displaying a simple VR page for them to check out its company:PANGEA

Beta than turns, and bows deep, at the waist, before the two Androids: "Glitch, Mother-One, I am honored to stand beside others of my kin".

Beta is heavy-armor model, top illustration. But carrying a tactical pike.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

As you each provide a sample and accept the impact the hologram nods and smiles.

It is our pleasure to officially welcome you into the Starfinder Society. Today is the commencement of your new role as a Starfinder field agent. It is our tradition, at the end of the graduation ceremony, for new graduates to present themselves to the heads of our most prominent factions and complete a task at those leaders’ behest. This allows the leaders of these groups to become familiar with all new Starfinder agents, and it provides a constant supply of agents for handling situations in our holdings on Absalom Station. While these tasks were formerly symbolic, the heavy loss of Starfinder agents in the Scoured Stars necessitates that these missions become something more. Please treat any tasks given with the gravity you would grant any other Starfinder assignment.

A piece of paper comes out of a machine in a nearby wall.

"The society has a number of factions. You must perform some tasks for each of them. When your tasks is complete, the leader will signal me that it is finished. When all your missions are complete, please return here to finish your Commencement."

See page two of the map pack for an overview of the factions

You may already know something of the culture of Absalom station.

Culture DC 5:

Absalom Station is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent on lost Golarion, can be found on the station.
DC 10:

People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one’s association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.
DC15:

A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core—a mystical device that allows for quick travel through the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the policing Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship.

Diplomacy(gather information) DC 5:

Everyone is excited about the upcoming junkrace. Apparently some nobody mouthed off to Ratrod, the reigning junkrace champion. People know that trash talking really gets under Ratrod’s fur and wonder whether there will be more harsh words exchanged before the race.
DC 10:

The latest prerelease song from sugar-pop sensation Strawberry Machine Cake is about to be released. Unlike previous releases, the band is putting out a limited-edition physical copy prior to the concert when the released single and additional tracks are scheduled to debut and become available in digital form.
DC 15:

Word on the street is that a dangerous alien predator got loose somewhere in the Downlow district of the station. The creature is now contained in a warehouse, but not until after it impaled a security officer with a harpoon-like natural projectile.

"You should go and visit the faction leaders now. I suggest you visit with Radaszam first, but you can do the missions in any order"

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy | SP 6/6 HP 10/10| RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Still working from my paper character sheet from Gen Con. Will be in my status bar later today.

"I see no reason to ignore the advice. Let's get on with it." Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Spacefarer) worships Triune | Neutral - Soldier (Blitz) 1 | 11/11 HP | 9/9 SP | 4/4 RP | Init +6 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 40 ft | F +4 | R +2 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) |

Diplomacy (Gather info'): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
-1, nice! And no Culture
If anyone succeeds in the rolls, can they share any information they believe the others might find useful?

Not one to waste time cantina-crawling or such, nor even to log into the Infosphere, Beta has no idea whatsoever about Absalom Station's culture.
It does know about the Acquisitives, though, since that is the Faction its organisation - PANGEA - is linked with, and thus the group Beta is championing, so it is perfectly happy to head first to Nyori Palisades and meet Radaszam.
Beta looks at the piece of paper it was given, and bows to the hologram: "The missions will be completed".

Wayfinders

Male Human Envoy 1 | HP 10/10, SP 6/6, RP 5/5 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4

As Colthan makes modifications to his videopad, Sebrir visibly relaxes. "Thank you, my friend! Can you set it to blur our colleague Mother as well?"

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

"I do hope we won't have to miss the junkrace while completing the assignments... ooh, and while we're out, we should try to get an advanced copy of the new Strawberry Machine Cake album... my viewers would love hearing some of their music underscoring our adventures, I'm sure!"

As he looks over the mission briefings, Sebrir also recalls something useful about the Exo-Guardians mission. [b]"I heard there is some sort of fearsome beast loose in the Downlow district... I do hope Zigvigix doesn't expect us to take care of it for them..."

Dataphiles

Active Spells: None | RP 5/5 | folio boon 1/1 | Android Operative (ghost) 1 | SP 6/6 | HP 6/10 | KAC 18 | EAC 17 | F +0 | R +6 | W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 (Low-Light, Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +0

Colthan shows no response to Pangea not greeting him. Being mistaken for Human is the point after all.

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"Despite the recent issues I'm glad the many species on Absalom Station are showing their support for the Starfinders. Maybe shows like Sebir's are why."

To the group at large "Let's talk to Historia-7 first. No doubt we will learn much that will help us with our other missions."

"Further modifications add to the complexity of the program but I will try."

Colthan spends some more time fiddling with the editing software.

computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Now everyone looks like Vask. Not what I intended. Don't worry, The original files are intact. It will just require more effort to fix. I'll help when we have time."

Dataphiles

HP 9/9, Sta 6/6, res 5/5; EAC 13, KAC 14, ACvsCM 22; fort 1, refl 2, will 2; bab 0, melee 0, ranged 2, thrown 0; spells 0-4, 1-3/3 | android scholar technomage / 1 | -702
skills:
acro 7, bluff -1, computers 8, diplo -1, engineering 8, intim -1, mysticism 4, perc 1, phys sci 9, pilot 6, prof: it 8, sm -2, stealth 2

"Who is HIstoria-7 and why would seeing her first preclude seeing the recommended Radza ... Radu.. Radaszam first?"

Dataphiles

Active Spells: None | RP 5/5 | folio boon 1/1 | Android Operative (ghost) 1 | SP 6/6 | HP 6/10 | KAC 18 | EAC 17 | F +0 | R +6 | W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 (Low-Light, Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +0

"Leader of the Dataphiles, The repository of knowledge gathered by the Starfinders. If there is important information about our other missions Historia-7 will know. Telling is another matter but we are not asking for secret knowledge so it should be fine."

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Spacefarer) worships Triune | Neutral - Soldier (Blitz) 1 | 11/11 HP | 9/9 SP | 4/4 RP | Init +6 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 40 ft | F +4 | R +2 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) |

Beta shrugs: "Getting information first could be a good move".

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The team has a quick discussion and then heads off into the Dataphiles archives.

The Lorespire Complex, home and heart of the Starfinder Society, is a striking campus dedicated to knowledge. Communal labs and historical departments study the Archives’ massive collection of artifacts and texts, gathered by generations of agents from across the galaxy. A quick search of the directory indicates Historia-7 frequents the Archives’ Cortex, a computerized matrix containing digital records of the Starfinder Society’s most prominent discoveries.

The android reclines on a raised chair and is plugged into the local infosphere when the doors open. The neural cables detach themselves from her neck as she swivels in her seat to address the new arrivals. “Greetings, Starfinders,” she says calmly. “I am Historia-7. If you are seeking a mission from me, please be aware that my request requires both discretion and speed. Do not accept it if you feel incapable of working within these parameters."

She gives you all a hard look.

"I discovered someone recently hacked into Bluerise Tower’s computer systems and stole a large amount of sensitive data from the resident corporations. I wish to be privy to this information. I managed to trace the hacker’s location through many proxies and erased the trail so that station and corporate security should be delayed in their pursuit. This deception will not fool them for long, so you must move quickly to retrieve the data before they can recover it. I will leave you to decide what to do with the hacker afterward, but should it be feasible, I believe that person would be an asset to the Society.

Acquisitives

Female LG Bounty Hunter Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Mother-One listened to what the rest was saying and then turned his head towards Historia-7 and taking small notes of what was being said. "We will ensure the retrival of the data and where possible will assist this person to work for the Society.." Putting down another note in the little hand held computer she looked up. "Any information about the area or corporation that had the information stolen?"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"Affirmative." nods Historia-7. "Commencing upload." Within moments you are provided a location to head off it.

The coordinates that Historia-7 gives the PCs point to an apartment that resembles a cement cube, with several tomato plants in plastic barrels sitting on an otherwise barren porch. Boxes of nutrient broth, gardening tools, and various cultural knickknacks clutter the floor of the flat, leaving barely any room for visitors to sit down.

As you watch a young man comes out the door with a small paint brush and starts to brush down the tomatoes.

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Spacefarer) worships Triune | Neutral - Soldier (Blitz) 1 | 11/11 HP | 9/9 SP | 4/4 RP | Init +6 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 40 ft | F +4 | R +2 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) |

Not being one to like tomatoes, nor talking with sentients, Beta will remain to the back, and keep an eye out, scanning the surroundings, in case Historia-7 did not erase the trail very well, and other people appear sooner than expected.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Feel free to roll a perception check Pangea

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Spacefarer) worships Triune | Neutral - Soldier (Blitz) 1 | 11/11 HP | 9/9 SP | 4/4 RP | Init +6 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 40 ft | F +4 | R +2 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) |

Letting the others deal with the man outside the house, Beta keeps on looking around, but finds the surroundings a bit distracting.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy | SP 6/6 HP 10/10| RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

As Pangea scouts the area, Conrad will gladly talk to the boy. "Excuse me. You look a little young to be the person we're looking for, but space is a big place. Do you know anything about computers?" Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Wayfinders

Male Human Envoy 1 | HP 10/10, SP 6/6, RP 5/5 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4

"Ooh, tomatoes! Look how plump and juicy they are! Hold on, let me see if I can get a good shot... young man, why are you painting them??"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"I'm not painting" explains the boy "I'm pollinating them, by hand. And I know heaps about computers. They tell us all about them at school you know."

Pangea:
You notice movement at a window, but can't make out anything else

Dataphiles

Active Spells: None | RP 5/5 | folio boon 1/1 | Android Operative (ghost) 1 | SP 6/6 | HP 6/10 | KAC 18 | EAC 17 | F +0 | R +6 | W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 (Low-Light, Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +0

"Yes. School. Who else works here?"

Colthan will look around for other workers.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Spacefarer) worships Triune | Neutral - Soldier (Blitz) 1 | 11/11 HP | 9/9 SP | 4/4 RP | Init +6 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 40 ft | F +4 | R +2 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) |

Beta looks around, before rapidly typing a text message for Colthan: "Mr. Blurryface, look up, discreetly, there is movement at a window"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"I live here with Gran." admits the boy.

"She is inside making lunch at the moment. Say.. who are you lot anyway, and why all the questions? You interested in buying tomatoes?"

Dataphiles

Active Spells: None | RP 5/5 | folio boon 1/1 | Android Operative (ghost) 1 | SP 6/6 | HP 6/10 | KAC 18 | EAC 17 | F +0 | R +6 | W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 (Low-Light, Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +0

"We are a group in search of talented individuals. One moment." Colthan holds up a finger. He then walks off to the side within view of the window while pulling out his comm unit and using it. He will then look up at the group a moment but really he is trying to covertly look in the window.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
stealth if needed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

I think these dice are glitching.

Acquisitives

Female LG Bounty Hunter Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

With the boy coming out Mother-One took in the scenery and seemed oblivious of what was going on around her, at times she seemed more distracted with things going on inside her mind as she was going over data, only to be snapped out of it by comments from the rest of the team and the boy, only to speak up once "Is your gran home and can we have a chat with her?"

Dataphiles

HP 9/9, Sta 6/6, res 5/5; EAC 13, KAC 14, ACvsCM 22; fort 1, refl 2, will 2; bab 0, melee 0, ranged 2, thrown 0; spells 0-4, 1-3/3 | android scholar technomage / 1 | -702
skills:
acro 7, bluff -1, computers 8, diplo -1, engineering 8, intim -1, mysticism 4, perc 1, phys sci 9, pilot 6, prof: it 8, sm -2, stealth 2

Glitch tilts her head to one side in an oddly inhuman fashion and one eye twitches slightly. "No we don't want to buy tomatoes, boy. What.. is your .. name?"

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Spacefarer) worships Triune | Neutral - Soldier (Blitz) 1 | 11/11 HP | 9/9 SP | 4/4 RP | Init +6 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 40 ft | F +4 | R +2 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) |

Beta keeps an eye on the windows, he has known of grandmothers toting rail guns, so he remains on the lookout.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"I'm Jubair" says hte boy "Who are you lot? And yes, of course Gran is home..."

He turns around and calls out into the house. "Gran...."

A few moments later a wizened old lady emerges in a blue and white abaya. "Yes... what are you here about?" she asks.

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy | SP 6/6 HP 10/10| RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Conrad steps up, "Please accept our apologies for interrupting your day. We're umm.... looking for a skilled hacker who's been busy of late. Is it just the two of you?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"It is just the two of us dearies." says the old lady.

"I'm not sure that you would find a skilled hacker in these parts. But do come in and have a cup of tea. Tell me all about it, and why you think it was someone here. I'm afraid that whoever pointed you at us may have been playing a practical joke on you."

She turns to the boy "Jubair, go and put on a jug and set a plate of biscuts out."

At the mention of biscuts Jubair carefully puts down his paintbrush and races inside. The old lady holds the door for you and ushers you into a small sitting room. Taking a seat she gestures for you all to do likewise.

"Now, perhaps you can tell me what this is all about."

A minute later the boy arrives with a pot of steaming tea, a plate of biscuits and a stack of tea cups.

Dataphiles

Active Spells: None | RP 5/5 | folio boon 1/1 | Android Operative (ghost) 1 | SP 6/6 | HP 6/10 | KAC 18 | EAC 17 | F +0 | R +6 | W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 (Low-Light, Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +0

I just realized that Mother-One asked about Bluerise Tower and while Historia-7 agreed to answer we didn't actually learn anything about it. If the info given to us us mentions it being connected to farming it could be relevant.

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy | SP 6/6 HP 10/10| RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Conrad looks at his teammates individually, trying to read if someone has a reason to stop him from being open with the woman, "Well ma'am, someone hacked into Bluerise Tower’s computer systems and stole a large amount of sensitive data. Backtracking the data led us to this location..." Conrad let's the predicate of his thought trail off, hoping the woman can pick up where he left off.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Mother-One recalls asking about the tower. Historia-7 told her "Bluerise Tower, a private office structure maintained by multiple corporations and legally protected to the point that even the station’s Stewards have difficulty entering. Why these corporations need such absolute sovereignty over their own affairs is a question of great interest to many people, including me."

-=-=-=-=-=-=
Back in the living room.

"Oh my.." says the granny, whose name you learn is Ceren. "That is rather awkward. Let me just check something..." She takes on a vacant look for a moment while she examines her neural implants.

"This is rather embarrassing... It seems I do have some files about the Bluerise Tower. I wonder how they got here?"

She looks flustered for a moment. Jubair, hovering near the biscuit plate, looks shocked.

"My situation is a little difficult..." says Ceren.

"You see I had indeed been a hacker in my early years—one of the best of the best in my field." she adds proudly.

"However, old age brought on a degenerative brain disease, which forced me into retirement. Augmentations in my brain halted the damage and keep me functional, but I still have large lapses in memory from time to time."

She looks rather irritated with herself as she concludes
"I suppose I must have slipped into a younger mindset, performed the hack, and forgotten about it."

With a sigh she adds "This is rather inconvenient. You see, I'm sure if you caught up with me, so will they. I'll happily share the files with you, but I need you to do me a bit of a favour first..."

Dataphiles

Active Spells: None | RP 5/5 | folio boon 1/1 | Android Operative (ghost) 1 | SP 6/6 | HP 6/10 | KAC 18 | EAC 17 | F +0 | R +6 | W +3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 (Low-Light, Darkvision 60 ft.) | Sense Motive +0

"If it is a better job we have good news. Even in your current condition I'm sure the Starfinders could find a use for your knowledge even if you lack the skills. Let's hear the favor."

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"I need to die.." Jubair drops the biscuit he had been sneaking and rushes forward to her. "No.."

She ruffles the boys hair. "Not for real. But it is only a matter of time before the Bluerise thugs hunt me down. I need you to fake my death. "

She gives her grandson a fond look. "And put Jubair under the protection of your organisation as well."

The old lady offers a grin. "It is quite exciting. Just like the old days!" she almost giggles.

"Yes.. arrange a fake death certificate for me, and a new identity. I'm sure a talented group such as yourselves can manage that in just a little time. I'll meet you at the bridge in Jatembe park in..." she checks her internal clock... "Six hours. Are we agreed?"

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Spacefarer) worships Triune | Neutral - Soldier (Blitz) 1 | 11/11 HP | 9/9 SP | 4/4 RP | Init +6 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 40 ft | F +4 | R +2 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) |

Having moved to the house, but remaining at the door, and keeping an eye on the outside, especially for any of those Bluerise thugs, Beta calls out to the woman: "We could simply download your memory into some cortex and implant it into an AI. Then you could leave your dead meat-body behind and it would be perfect...".

Dataphiles

HP 9/9, Sta 6/6, res 5/5; EAC 13, KAC 14, ACvsCM 22; fort 1, refl 2, will 2; bab 0, melee 0, ranged 2, thrown 0; spells 0-4, 1-3/3 | android scholar technomage / 1 | -702
skills:
acro 7, bluff -1, computers 8, diplo -1, engineering 8, intim -1, mysticism 4, perc 1, phys sci 9, pilot 6, prof: it 8, sm -2, stealth 2

"Unless you prefer that aged form? Surely a newer model would be an improvement. However if you are insistent, I'm sure we can make sure you are reported as deceased, and new identities created for you and the boy. He will need one as well or they will track you through him."

Acquisitives

Female LG Bounty Hunter Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

letting go of a sigh at the way the 2 other androids decided to handle this. Sure their emotions were scrambled but offering her to leave her meat body behind was not the way to handle it. "I am sure there are other ways to setup the death of an elderly woman, downloading her memory doesn't work for a human being, have you 2 not learned anything?" Turning his head he regarded her for a moment and seemed to go through a few programs to determine the options. "I am working for a mercenary corporation, we could use your skills there should you so desire it..."

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy | SP 6/6 HP 10/10| RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 (d20+d6) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Conrad snickers a bit at the android pair, and then smiles at Mother-One's. "Faking your death I'm not to sure about, but a new identity? That's something I can handle. Can't one of you hacker types just mark her as dead somewhere?"

Conrad and a new identity:

Bluff if possible: Bluff: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 9 + (3) = 23

Acquisitives

Female LG Bounty Hunter Mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Computers (finding the info needed): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Computers (Finding a body to link old data to): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Computers (changing the information): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Computers (removing traces and creating a new identity): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Mother-One seemed to step back a bit and her eyes seemed to show signs of coding as she started her work, first she wanted to see if there was any information about the elderly woman and her son. That information would then be cross referenced with other people of the same gender, roughly same age, Once that is found she could be seen to hunch over a little screen that showed up on her arm. "Age, records, history.. seems like I might have everything, let's see for the next part... linking this to someone else..."

Once more she seemed to focus and code could be seen flashing over her eyes, those paying a bit closer attention to it would see the same data moving on the screen and it would be clear this wasn't code, it was information about people, she was clearely cross referencing the known information with that of Jubai and Ceren and adjusting where needed, shortly afterwards she seemed to snap back in focus. "Okay, I think I have all the information, removed it and linked it to some other person, deceased or not... She has a new name as well, now the rest of the work is up to you guys to get her the much needed papers to back all of this up..."

Hope I didn't take to much liberties GM and pushed it a bit to much, if I did, take from this what you want and let the rest roll the dice also...

Wayfinders

Male Human Envoy 1 | HP 10/10, SP 6/6, RP 5/5 | EAC 12, KAC 13 | Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4

Sabrir looks disappointed as the old woman asks for her death to be faked, as he realizes this whole conversation will obviously need to be deleted from the video. "I'm going to have to do some MAJOR editing here. But, Jubair will become a fine Starfinder, I think! Young man, would you be interested in being my official cameraman?"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"Would I ever!" sighs the young Jubair.

"That's not quite what I had in mind for protection..." stammers Ceren, "Still, it is a good start."

She vanishes off to pack a bag while the team gets to work.

The death certificate
Mother one borrows a local terminal and over the next few hours finds a recently deceased body and swaps its identify over to match Ceren.

New Identity
Conrad meanwhile gets to work on a new identity. He gets it estabished, however it would be helpful if he could also provide her with some new allies and contacts...

A profession check would be helpful here

Acquisitives

Sexless Android (Spacefarer) worships Triune | Neutral - Soldier (Blitz) 1 | 11/11 HP | 9/9 SP | 4/4 RP | Init +6 | Perc +0 | SM -2 | EAC 15 | KAC 17 | vs. CM 25 | Move: 40 ft | F +4 | R +2 | W +2 | (+2 vs. mind-affect', disease, poison...) |

Beta is a lab technician, used to working at PANGEA, in the genetics department. No idea if that can help... (this is for finding Allies and Contacts?)
Lab Tech' profession: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Beta shrugs, not really understanding why the lady would not trade her corpse in for a better model.
"I know a few labs, here, on the station, that need help, namely in reorganizing their IT system, and won't ask many questions. You could fit and rapidly have a whole network of friends...".

1 to 50 of 311 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS_Aerondor] 01-01 The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.